Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Glitter Queen

Upset with Stampin Up! :(...Looong rant!

I am VERY disappointed with Stampin Up! A couple of weeks ago I decided to become a SU demo. I located a great upline, exchanged emails and phone calls and met with her last Monday (6/25/07). She went online to SU and downloaded the Demo startup forms and gave me a great intro to SU. I excitedly filled out the paperwork and my upline mailed it in.
Well...today I received a voicemail from SU. They wanted me to get back with my upline and resubmit the paperwork. WHY? Because the paperwork I submitted was for demos who were starting before July 2007, and they received my paperwork today, which is July 2!
I had to call back and explaine my situation to the representative, who put me on hold then told me I had to call back and speak with Lana in a half hour because she (Lana) was in charge of the StartUp kits and was at lunch (it was 6:10pm).
Of course I did exactly that, this time I reached Jo, who told me Lana was busy and couldn't talk to me. I explained to Jo that my upline and I met last Monday, downloaded the paperwork from SU THAT day and my upline mailed it in. Jo said they (SU) just received it (amazing that it took 7 days from Michigan). Stampin Up wanted me to meet back up with my upline and re-download the current forms and mail them in again. I said "no" my upline was gone for the holiday and I am leaving in the morning for a week. Jo insisted then that I find a fax machine and she would fax me the new paperwork. Again, as I am busy preparing to leave for the holiday I refused. I explained to Jo AGAIN that the paperwork I submitted was all that was available on June 25 and that I didn't think that it was fair that I be penalized for Stamping Up having that form still online or that it was fair that I be penalized for the fact that Stampin Up is not open on the weekend to receive mail. She stated that new form was available on Wednesday and I should have used that.....of course I re-explained that we met on Monday (which is PRIOR to Wednesday).
Jo (the rep) put me on hold for the THIRD time to speak with Lana, who then relinquished and agreed to accept my paperwork "as is" but was unwilling to give me the "extra" stamp set that was available in the "old" demo kit (prior to today), therefore, I would be receiving one less stamp set.
Signed
A very frustrated almost "new" demo
(aka Bettina)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Kookie Creator

Wow! I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've never heard of anyone having such a bad experience signing up to be a demo. Please try not to get too upset with Stampin' Up! This is such a busy time, with the new catalog coming out and the start of a new STampin' Up! year. Just try to keep that in mind. On the other hand, I definitely think they could have handled your situation in a more helpful manner. Again, I'm sorry you had to go through that, and I hope all your future experiences with demo support and all the wonderful demos will be great experiences! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or anything while your upline is out of town!!

Check out my blog... Create Everyday (updated daily sometimes more than once a day)
Old 07-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

Wow! Talk about the run around!! They should have given you the extra set just because you had to call multiple times and explain your story to 4 different people. Glad you finally got it work out. Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
Insane Embellisher

As soon as you get your Demo number, please join us on the demo side for some added support ... Unfortunately, you two were operating pretty close to the wire and "bad" things can happen... Glad you were able to sign up "as is" and sorry your welcome wasn't very warm... Hopefully you'll have better luck with SU Support Ops in the future... Cheers...
Old 07-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via AIM to buggab0o0

wow, that is rough. I know they have to be stressed out in demo support, we've all been calling about our mini catalogs... LoL I'm sorry that you were treated that way, and it's not always like that. and as said, when you get your Demo number come visit the demo side, all those ladies are a big help and shock full of info for us less seasoned demo's, and are always willing to help pass info a long to help someone get started. Good luck, enjoy your week away
Old 07-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #6
Watercolor Wizard

7 days to get to SU? That seems like a long time, but a lot of things could have happened. Maybe your upline didn't mail it for a few days? Or, you know Murphy's law, if something bad can happen, it will, kind of thing. Sorry you missed out on your free stamp set. I would call Lana in a few days, after the busy-ness of the new catalog has subsided a bit. Reiterate that you are disappointed that you are getting one less set. It doesn't hurt to ask again. For the future, when *you* end up recruiting (which would be neat!), make sure to mail your recruit's paperwork Priority with delivery confirmation. If possible, go for Express mail. The end of the month is a very busy time for SU. With it being the start of a new catalog, it is even busier! When you get your demo number, please do join the demo side of SCS. There is great support there from other demos.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to Sairabee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDiegoGal View Post
7 days to get to SU? That seems like a long time, but a lot of things could have happened. Maybe your upline didn't mail it for a few days? Or, you know Murphy's law, if something bad can happen, it will, kind of thing. Sorry you missed out on your free stamp set. I would call Lana in a few days, after the busy-ness of the new catalog has subsided a bit. Reiterate that you are disappointed that you are getting one less set. It doesn't hurt to ask again. For the future, when *you* end up recruiting (which would be neat!), make sure to mail your recruit's paperwork Priority with delivery confirmation. If possible, go for Express mail. The end of the month is a very busy time for SU. With it being the start of a new catalog, it is even busier! When you get your demo number, please do join the demo side of SCS. There is great support there from other demos.
That's what I was thinking. I just signed up not all that long before the 25th and the paperwork got there from WI in 2-3 days. What extra stamp set are you talking about? I don't recall getting anything extra or special having signed up in June...
Old 07-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #8
Embossing Fanatic

It isn't so much as an extra stamp set....just that the new Starter Kit is coming with one less stamp set then it had been
Old 07-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #9
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hang in there - this is probably a rough time at HQ with the new catty, but I promise they are great to work with and you will be so so happy in the end. I'm sorry..

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 07-03-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
Mad Swapper

I'm sorry for your frustration and missing out on anything.

I've been with SU! for almost 10 years and have learned that if you want to get an order or other forms into SU! close to the end of the month, then send it overnight. With the rush from all the other demos that are ordering and sending in new recruit forms it pays to take the extra step to insure SU! gets it fast.
I couldn't imagine the thousands and thousands of mail they must receive each month.
Pay the huge price to send it overnight and have delivery confirmation on it just in case.
When I got my first recruit I put the forms in a priority flat rate envie and shipped if off that day....I don't even think the ink was dry from her signature yet. It took 4 days from MN to Utah, for SU! to get everything together and get her box shipped, not delivered to her, just shipped out 4 days later..... and it took 5 days for her to get her demo #. She didn't get a phone call, she got a letter in the mail with all the info on it.
Back then we had to mail the forms in and now the forms can be faxed....oh how technology has changed.

Hope you aren't too disappointed with SU! They really are awesome!
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
lfinlay@scicable.com
Old 07-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #11
Stampin' Fool

NO, that is not the normal way things are handled with SU! I've been a demo for 10 years and can vouch for that! Sorry that this happened with you and I hope you can forget all about it soon enough and enjoy your new starter kit soon!
Old 07-03-2007, 08:15 PM   #12
Insane Embellisher

I am so sorry this happened to you. I have to say, that this is just a matter of bad timing. SU posted this on thier demo website two days after your upline printed and downloaded the forms:

New Starter Kit Order Form Now Available
June 27, 2007

Download the new Starter Kit Order Form now! Use the form to review the new starter kit's contents and to give to potential recruits.

Important

Make sure you use the new form beginning June 30. If you submit an old completed form after June 29, you'll need to resubmit a new completed form before we can process it. Make sure you use the new forms that has a 7/07 date at the bottom.

Starter Kit Changes This Year

Each year we evaluate our starter kit offering to provide your potential recruits the best product at the best price. Because of a few product price increases this year, you'll notice we've made some changes to the starter kit contents--including changes to both the standard kit and the Stampin' Memories Add-On. We've done this to keep the kit's price the same as it has been in the past.

Purchase packages of starter kit order forms as a supply item beginning July 1--and let the recruiting begin!
Old 07-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #13
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry you are upset~ does sound like a timing issue. If your upline mailed it later than Monday, etc.

Regular mail is unpredictable!

I know when I signed up, there was a special going on and I overnighted the forms ($13) with delivery confirmation to ensure that I qualified for the special.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

If you dated your form for June 25th and she mailed it prior to June 30 I think they should honor your agreement. Just based on the post above about using the form prior to June 30th, etc.

I would reiterate that the form was signed and dated June 25th and they should check the postmark, they should honor it for that date and not the date received.

Good luck, I would pursue this, persistently but not losing your cool, but just keep asking for someone else until you get someone to help you.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #15
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to shari stamper Send a message via Yahoo to shari stamper

This reminds me of when your cc company tells you your payment is late because they took 2-3 weeks to process it! UGH! Sorry you had some difficulties. They happen, but hang in there and I'd also recommend calling again. Yes, I know this is a busy time of year, but I don't think anyone deserves to be run around like this. Congrats on your new demoship!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:22 AM   #16
Crimping Master

Stampin' Up has always been clear that paperwork (orders, demo aggreements and so on) must be received at HQ by a certain date to be honored, and not mailed by a certain date.

Sorry you had a bummer of an experience though. Your demo should have been aware of the date requirement and sent the paperwork overnight as the end of the month is always hectic, never mind the end of the catty period.

Good luck as a demo, I am sure your future experiences with SU! will be much more pleasant and rewarding than this one was.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #17
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh bless your heart. I would wait a few days and then call back to ask for your free set. After all, if they are doing a retro active form and honoring it, then they should honor your free set. I hope this doesn't leave a bitter taste as SU seems to be a great company to work for. Take care!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

btw, next time you call SU or any other company, start with "I hope you can help me..." this has proven to empower the rep on the other end to get the job done! Nothing like giving kudos before giving them the task!
Old 07-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #19
Embossing Fanatic

Default You were treated very poorly! You should have been

given the extra stamp set. I hope that SU treats you better after this incident.

Kim