Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 04-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #3681
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals! Oh my goodness......I'm watching my Philllies tonight and they are making Mama Gould proud! The score is 17-3 right now, bottom of the 8th and the Phillies are rocking this game!!!! Yeeeeeeehawwwwwwww! Love when my boys play well! LOL!

How is everyone? I don't have Brooklyn this weekend and the hubster and I don't know what to do with ourselves. Waaaaaaah.....waaaaaaaah!!!!! The dog just doesn't make us laugh like she does! LOL!

Ok.....just wanted to pop in and make sure everyone has their seatbelts on and we are headed down the road straight away. Love you all!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
smadson likes this post.
Unread 04-09-2017, 03:45 PM   #3682
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Girls....I never heard of the Blue Knight company....anyone got a www. for them?
The joy of the Lord is your strength. Neh. 8:10

http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.ca/
Marleygo likes this post.
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:06 PM   #3683
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Hey gals! Oh my goodness......I'm watching my Philllies tonight and they are making Mama Gould proud! The score is 17-3 right now, bottom of the 8th and the Phillies are rocking this game!!!! Yeeeeeeehawwwwwwww! Love when my boys play well! LOL!

How is everyone? I don't have Brooklyn this weekend and the hubster and I don't know what to do with ourselves. Waaaaaaah.....waaaaaaaah!!!!! The dog just doesn't make us laugh like she does! LOL!

Ok.....just wanted to pop in and make sure everyone has their seatbelts on and we are headed down the road straight away. Love you all!
Happy your guys were making you proud. It is exciting when your team is winning big.

Did you survive the weekend without your little sweetie? We had Jude Friday night and we took him home about 9 last night, under protest. I know exactly what you mean, it is not the same without them.

No seat belt for me, I like to live on the edge.
Marleygo and smadson like this post.
Unread 04-09-2017, 05:12 PM   #3684

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Hi Girls....I never heard of the Blue Knight company....anyone got a www. for them?
Hi Jan,

Long time no see. I think we all have been keeping way too busy these days.

You will find a link for Blue Knight Stamps on this post from my blog:

My Pinkie Is Inkie in Boxertown: Blue Knight - Country Home

Are you still having cold weather? We have finally gotten into Spring. I am glad to see green grass. Not sure about the hubby, he had to mow it today.

Glad you stopped by to see us. Come back soon.
Unread 04-10-2017, 06:41 AM   #3685
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt, I'm so glad you had a good day with Jude. Don't they just make you happy? Everything they do is cute and funny! My grandchildren get away with so much more than my kiddos did! I guess I didn't have the time to enjoy my kids the way I do my grands. Now-a-days, the housework and anything else just STOPS when the grands come. We just focus on them. They make my heart happy! I'm sure all you sistahs with grands understand!

It is nice to see green grass again, isn't it? The hubster hasn't mowed yet, but probably by this weekend he will have to. The weather was so nice yesterday that he was out washing the car and the truck. He is paying for it today as his new shoulder is complaining very loudly that it did all that work yesterday! LOL! Men......they never seem to learn! LOL! Today he says he is going to the campground to uncover the camper, open up the slides and maybe blow some leaves. I told him that even though I will massage his shoulder when I get home from work, that I don't want to hear him boo-hoo because he is in pain from doing too much. He is still in PT and does not have full range of motion of his arm yet. I think he's getting very antsy being off from work. He should be going back sometime in May. Hopefully I'll live through it till then! Bwahahahahahahaaaa! I just keep doing retail stamp therapy for myself! LOL!

However, I'm in PT also has I have a pinched nerve in my neck and it makes my index finger quite tingly! Aaahhhh......the joys of getting OLD!

Jan, you gotta check out the Blue Knight site! They have magnificent stamp scenes! Shirt will tell ya! She colors them things up so beautifully!!!!!! I know you will do a great job with them also!

Guess I'm rambling too much this morning. Gotta get back to work. Hugs all around!!!!
Unread 04-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #3686

Quote:
Shirt, I'm so glad you had a good day with Jude. Don't they just make you happy? Everything they do is cute and funny! My grandchildren get away with so much more than my kiddos did! I guess I didn't have the time to enjoy my kids the way I do my grands. Now-a-days, the housework and anything else just STOPS when the grands come. We just focus on them. They make my heart happy! I'm sure all you sistahs with grands understand!

It is nice to see green grass again, isn't it? The hubster hasn't mowed yet, but probably by this weekend he will have to. The weather was so nice yesterday that he was out washing the car and the truck. He is paying for it today as his new shoulder is complaining very loudly that it did all that work yesterday! LOL! Men......they never seem to learn! LOL! Today he says he is going to the campground to uncover the camper, open up the slides and maybe blow some leaves. I told him that even though I will massage his shoulder when I get home from work, that I don't want to hear him boo-hoo because he is in pain from doing too much. He is still in PT and does not have full range of motion of his arm yet. I think he's getting very antsy being off from work. He should be going back sometime in May. Hopefully I'll live through it till then! Bwahahahahahahaaaa! I just keep doing retail stamp therapy for myself! LOL!

However, I'm in PT also has I have a pinched nerve in my neck and it makes my index finger quite tingly! Aaahhhh......the joys of getting OLD!

Jan, you gotta check out the Blue Knight site! They have magnificent stamp scenes! Shirt will tell ya! She colors them things up so beautifully!!!!!! I know you will do a great job with them also!

Guess I'm rambling too much this morning. Gotta get back to work. Hugs all around!!!!
Yes, they do make us happy. Your right they do say the cutest things. I love teasing Jude. He says, "Grandma, your teasing me". I think Greenie will get a kick out of him when she sees him next month.

Those pinched nerves are no picnic. I worked for a chiropractor for many years and I saw first hand how much pain they caused, but Doc worked miracles for them.

I hope your hubby's shoulder gets better soon. They can be very trying when they are hurt or ill.

Are you going to post the train card you did as a make and take with Blue Knight?
Unread 04-13-2017, 05:33 AM   #3687
Gabfest Goddess

Default craft show

Quote:
Jill......did you and the hubster make it to Allentown on Saturday? I had a blast! Sundays are generally much calmer with not a lot of people vying for space in a booth. One can browse pretty easily and one's own pace and see EVERYTHING! No long check out lines either! I heard from the vendors that Saturday was brutal. Deb and I were there for about 3 1/2 hours. Got lots of 'stuff'!

Hope you made out well too!!!!
Yes, we did make it to the craft show. It may have just been me but the booths seemed more crunched together this year. It was difficult to see things, especially with the crowd. I did buy a few things but not as much as in some years. When I go to the show with my hubby, it does make me behave more...smile.
Maybe next year I will try to go on a Sunday instead. I miss seeing so much with crowds.
I wanted to go on Saturday, because I knew my two crafting buddies were going on Saturday, plus I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby after the show. (They're not open on Sunday)
QFTD165
Unread 04-13-2017, 05:35 AM   #3688
Gabfest Goddess

Default Our Daily Bread Designs

I just visited the Our Daily Bread Designs blog, and I saw where Lesley's cards were selected for "The Customer of the Day." A well deserved, Honor, Lesley, Your cards are great...
QFTD165
Unread 04-13-2017, 06:04 AM   #3689

Congratulations, Lesley, on being chosen for ODBD Customer card of the day. Your cards are beautiful.
Unread 04-14-2017, 07:45 AM   #3690
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, Shirt......WOW.....can't you guys believe it???? Little ole me.....Customer of the Day at ODBD!!!! I'm so happy!!! I've been jumping up and down so much that my face is sore from my boobs hitting it! Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!! Sorry if that offended anyone! I've never been featured before like that! WOW!!!!!!!! I feel like a STAR!!!!! LOL!

Jill........I love going on Sundays to the shows because of the crowding on Saturdays. On Sundays, one can walk around leisurely and see EVERYTHING in the booths. No rushing, bumping into people and no long cashier lines! It's marvelous! I'm glad you got to go on Sunday. Did the hubster buy and copics? One booth had them for 8.00 and another one had them for 5.99. Is he still coloring your images? Maybe in October at York, we can meet up at the show for lunch if you go on a Sunday. I am glad that this is something that you and the hubster can do together.

HAPPY EASTER, everyone! I pray you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and a wonderful family gathering on Sunday. I praise the Lord that He died for us, but rose again from the grave.....all for us! For me! How lucky for us that believe in Him can call him Father. He is my HOPE! He is my SAVIOR! He is my FATHER! Praise HIM!!!!
JD from PAUSA likes this post.
Unread 04-19-2017, 04:09 PM   #3691
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey my sistahs! Would you all please pray for me? I was laid off from work today, after 21 years. I'm devastated & I surely didn't see it coming. Neither did my boss, who is also my best friend. I can't seem to stop crying tonight. Thanks!!!
Unread 04-20-2017, 06:02 AM   #3692

Quote:
Hey my sistahs! Would you all please pray for me? I was laid off from work today, after 21 years. I'm devastated & I surely didn't see it coming. Neither did my boss, who is also my best friend. I can't seem to stop crying tonight. Thanks!!!

Lesley, I am so sorry to hear this news. I can only imagination the devastation you feel. Just remember that God does not close one door without opening another. I hope you see the new door opening really soon. Sending you hugs and prayers.
Unread 04-24-2017, 05:50 PM   #3693
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Oh, just read this! So sorry, Lesley! I can't imagine how you feel. hugs and prayers gf.

S2S 2017: +106.21 as of 07/31/17
Srapbook pages 79/100 as of 08/31/17
Unread 04-30-2017, 03:13 PM   #3694
Gabfest Goddess

Default Lesley

Lesley, so sorry, to hear about your job! Saying prayers for you...

I remember my last day at the hospital. I came home and spent the longest time in the backyard...just sitting on my back yard swing crying my eyes out...(no, I didn't miss the job...I missed the pay check...smile)

Did you find somewhere else to work?
QFTD165
irishgreensue and Marleygo like this post.
Unread 04-30-2017, 03:15 PM   #3695
Gabfest Goddess

Default Sue,

Sue, thank you so much for the beautiful (well done) birthday card!
I appreciate it so much.

Spending my special day...crafting most of the day...(My favorite thing to do, of course!)
QFTD165
Unread 04-30-2017, 06:22 PM   #3696
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, Jill - hope it was a good day - as special as you are!!

Lesley, any prospects for work? When my daughter got laid off, it was a shock for her too, but when she came home, she reached out to all in her network and started applying and posting her resume online right away, so it was not long before she had interviews lined up in multiple places - give it to God - I know He will put you where He needs you most!
Marleygo and JD from PAUSA like this post.
Unread 05-01-2017, 09:26 PM   #3697
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy belated Birthday Jill, Wow...so sorry to hear about your job, going under after all those years....but I think God has bigger plans for you...Just trust Him... like posted earlier....He never closes one door without opening another....

Hi also too all you here....been busy as usual....just got home from a granddaughter dance competition, in a city about a 2 hour drive from here...sure tired when I got home....but I wasn't the one who danced 6 times in 3 days....plus watching a lot of the others....
she's 10....and so much energy...wish I had 1/10th of that.........lol was fantastic tho.

Unread 05-01-2017, 09:31 PM   #3698
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Shirt for the link to the stamps....there are some awesome ones there...I'd LOVVVEEE to have

wannabcre8tive likes this post.
Unread 05-12-2017, 04:25 PM   #3699
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi gals! Hope all is well with you all! Greenie, I hope you are enjoying your time with Shirt!!!

Things have been changing around here. Sold the truck. Now in the process of putting the house up for sale. Purging 19 years of stuff.......ugh! Denise's bridal shower is done. Rebecca's baby shower on June 10. Rebecca due July 12. Ryan and Denise's wedding September 23. Hopefully the house will be on the market by June 1. I'm not sure what God has in store for us, but I am clinging to His promises to work out everything for our good. Any ideas on how I can start selling my cards? I want to get rid of some punches too. How should I go about doing that?

Sending hugs to you all!!!!
Unread 05-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #3700
Stazon Splitcoast

Hiya! I'm thinking of all of my sistahs tonight. I'm sad because I'm packing up my craft room. It's very depressing! I probably won't be on here much, but I will be praying for you all. Please keep us in your prayers too, k? Lots of hugs!
irishgreensue likes this post.
Unread 05-17-2017, 04:48 PM   #3701
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesley, just sent you a text - I was shocked to hear you are putting the house up and sold your truck too! Time to downsize because of the empty nest?email me, so we can talk, or call me!!
Hugs, Greenie!
Unread 05-18-2017, 07:35 AM   #3702

Quote:
Hiya! I'm thinking of all of my sistahs tonight. I'm sad because I'm packing up my craft room. It's very depressing! I probably won't be on here much, but I will be praying for you all. Please keep us in your prayers too, k? Lots of hugs!
Sorry you are sad. Thanks, for the prayers and prayers are going up for you, too. Hugs.
Unread 05-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #3703
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Punk! I saw this in an email which is rare. Sometimes, I think God wants me to downsize, too. That way, I won't be tempted to take in my adult children! LOL Anyway, who knows what God's plan is, just be alert and listen to Him. I might not be doing foster care much longer. I'm just getting old and tired. My love and prayers to all.

Fan Club Member (10 years)
Unread 05-25-2017, 05:56 AM   #3704
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats, Jan, on having your card chosen for Customer Card of the Day - Your toolbox card is a real WINNER! Great idea for Father's Day or a masculine birthday! Thanks for the inspiration!
Unread 05-25-2017, 07:40 AM   #3705
Proud Fan Club Member

Lesley, praying for you Sistah!

Unread 05-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #3706
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi gals! Hope all is well with you all! Greenie, I hope you are enjoying your time with Shirt!!!

Things have been changing around here. Sold the truck. Now in the process of putting the house up for sale. Purging 19 years of stuff.......ugh! Denise's bridal shower is done. Rebecca's baby shower on June 10. Rebecca due July 12. Ryan and Denise's wedding September 23. Hopefully the house will be on the market by June 1. I'm not sure what God has in store for us, but I am clinging to His promises to work out everything for our good. Any ideas on how I can start selling my cards? I want to get rid of some punches too. How should I go about doing that?

Sending hugs to you all!!!!

I took mine to the dentists office, my old work, my son took them into his work, and I have had some luck selling them like that - you could have a yard sale, or possibly get into a craft bazaar. Try Etsy to sell some cards. List punches and other goodies on Ebay - maybe give us a list of what you have to see if anyone needs anything - you can send the list to LOTS OF YOUR FRIENDS on SCS too!

Hugs,
Greenie
Unread 05-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #3707
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the suggestions, Sue. My craft room is all packed up. I did leave two portable bins filled with my Bible Journaling items and some stamps and Copics. I didn't realize how much 'crafting inventory' I had in my room! WOW! 42 million boxes later.....LOL!

Thank you for all the prayers. We are still purging, packing and painting. Mark is back to work now, so I'm home alone now during the days. Not sure I like this 'laid off' life. God has a sense of humor as He knows I wanted to be home and not work, but not like this! Heehee! I wanted to be able to play in the craft room all day and be creative and live the life of leisure! Well......Hahaha! LOL! Anyway, I know God is paving the way for Mark and I for our good. Same with Ryan and Denise. Patience if NOT a virtue of mine! :P

Hugs to everyone! You are all still in my prayers!
irishgreensue and smadson like this post.
Unread 05-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #3708
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesley, I am praying that God's plan for you becomes clear as you prepare for this big change in your lives! Is the moving because of Mark's job or will he still be working in the same place, or because of your job?? Are you going to be moving fairly close by? Got a million questions - maybe we will have to go to Wegman's again to meet up for lunch!!
Unread 05-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #3709
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sue. Thank you so much for the prayers. Sooooo needed! Mark's job is the same. With Ryan getting married in September and moving out, this house is way to big for us and with me not working, very unaffordable. Darren and Rebecca has asked me to watch the new baby come September when she goes back to work. They would rather pay me than a daycare. Beings that I am 'furloughed' till July 19th, I can't do much job looking as I may be called back, which I highly doubt, but the hospital is holding all of the cards. Most of the places that I would consider applying requires a degree, which I don't have. If our house sells quickly and we can get something smaller and affordable, then I may be able to stay home and watch the baby. I want to move in the same area to be close to the grandbabies. Mark wants to go to Lancaster county, which is cheaper living. I just don't know what God has in store for us. I just know we have the house on the market and we are packing it up. Whew....what a job! LOL!

Hugs to all of my sistahs!
smadson likes this post.
Unread 05-30-2017, 10:35 AM   #3710
Stazon Splitcoast

Yikes, yes, I do remember packing up my house after 4 kids and 29 years - definitely understand where you are coming from! Lancaster county - does he want to be Amish? LOL - Just kidding - I know that is still quite a ride from Coatesville, especially if you are going to be watching the little one, and seeing the rest of the grands. Sorry you are in such a predicament, with the hospital "holding all the cards". I never got my full degree, so I was stuck working in a grocery store for over 40 years to be able to take care of my kids as a single Mom. I will be praying for you guys to find where the Lord wants you to be. Tough I know, but He will make it all happen ! At least it is camping season - you may be spending your summer in the camper? BIG MONSTROUS HUGS and LOTS OF LOVE, Sissy.
Unread 06-01-2017, 06:30 AM   #3711
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Lesley, I am definitely praying for you. I know God has a plan, just like you know, but it is hard not knowing. I have been purging my craft room, because .DH says we are downsizing in next couple of years. If we moved now, he said my craft room would take up half the apartment! LOL. I have been unmounting my ols wooden stamps and putting them in DVD boxes. I am getting tired of doing that, so probably get rid of a lot!

Sending hugs sweet sistah!

Marleygo and JD from PAUSA like this post.
Unread 06-16-2017, 10:58 AM   #3712
Proud Fan Club Member

Stlii praying, Lesley. Miss all of you on here. Stay cool! It is 100s here today. Just got home, and now can't make up my mind if I want to craft or nap! LOL

Hugs!

Unread 06-20-2017, 09:32 PM   #3713
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi girls.....and any extra passengers....

Thanks for the birthday card Greenie....much appreciated, and carried much love...

Hope you all are doing ok....too crazy to even post cards....but did get 1 up today!! wow... crazy busy....but fun...i am ejpoying the summer...green grass...trees...birds...oh so peaceful in our farm yard!

smadson likes this post.
Unread 06-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #3714
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry Lesley...to read farther up...of you packing up...and having to sell house and all....hope you dont leave de bus too...will miss ya....hugs

Unread 06-21-2017, 08:01 AM   #3715
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, answering a few of the posts above!

Jan, hope your birthday was very happy - now what milestone birthday was this one?sounds like you are enjoying some nice weather for the summer - your winters are so harsh, I know that must have been a welcome sign! Glad you liked the card!

Sharon, don't know how you can stand temps like that - I think I would just curl up and die if it were that hot here all the time - I never realized it was so hot in Kansas!!

CA, I can understand why fostering may be coming to an end, and you might be downsizing too! Don't blame you one bit, since I know how tired I get from just having Daria a few hours each day.

Lesley, hope the packing and downsizing are going good and you can find a place close by so you are not far from the grands - that would be a disaster - I know how much you adore being with them.

Hugs and prayers to everyone of you and anyone I missed - Shirt, Sylvia, and Jill - wishing you all a carefree and happy summer!!
JD from PAUSA and smadson like this post.
Unread 06-28-2017, 04:16 PM   #3716
Gabfest Goddess

Default Lesley

trying again to sent this...

Quote:
Hey Sue. Thank you so much for the prayers. Sooooo needed! Mark's job is the same. With Ryan getting married in September and moving out, this house is way to big for us and with me not working, very unaffordable. Darren and Rebecca has asked me to watch the new baby come September when she goes back to work. They would rather pay me than a daycare. Beings that I am 'furloughed' till July 19th, I can't do much job looking as I may be called back, which I highly doubt, but the hospital is holding all of the cards. Most of the places that I would consider applying requires a degree, which I don't have. If our house sells quickly and we can get something smaller and affordable, then I may be able to stay home and watch the baby. I want to move in the same area to be close to the grandbabies. Mark wants to go to Lancaster county, which is cheaper living. I just don't know what God has in store for us. I just know we have the house on the market and we are packing it up. Whew....what a job! LOL!

Lesley,

I Just read this!!! So surprised to read about all the changes in your life...WOW! Hope it all goes smoothly for you...

I would probably go into cardiac arrest if I had to pack up and move right now. we have lived in the same house ...well it seems like forever! It's the only house we have ever purchased! My roots go very deep!

I would love to move into a rancher...(My house is small but has lots of steps) Houses on our street sit with a for sale sign on them for years!!!!
I don't think we could sell our house if we wanted to.

Lesley, I hope you will still be crafting when you get settled!
Hugs to you.

Hugs to all of my sistahs!
QFTD165
Unread 06-30-2017, 07:58 PM   #3717
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadson View Post
Oh, Lesley, I am definitely praying for you. I know God has a plan, just like you know, but it is hard not knowing. I have been purging my craft room, because .DH says we are downsizing in next couple of years. If we moved now, he said my craft room would take up half the apartment! LOL. I have been unmounting my ols wooden stamps and putting them in DVD boxes. I am getting tired of doing that, so probably get rid of a lot!

Sending hugs sweet sistah!

Sharon, I just read this...I am doing the same thing...trying to make room in my craft room...by unmounting my wooden stamps (something I said that I wouldn't do...smile) (but now that I have done some of them...I can see how much more room I have for other stamp supplies... It's time consuming but I'm going to keep at it...
QFTD165
Unread 06-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #3718
Gabfest Goddess

Default Happy 4th of July to all of you...

In case I don't get back here again in the near future...

I want to wish all of you a wonderful holiday weekend...

Hugs,
Jill
QFTD165
Unread 07-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #3719
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Fourth to all my Twisted Sistahs!
Stay safe!!

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #3720
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi All....wow...I keep popping in and have to catch up on all de news....

One thing I did awhile ago was take my stamps off the wood blocks and mount on foam..sure made a
lot more room, now I just need to clean out some of my old stamps...got a DGD starting to make cards...: nice way to get rid of old stuff...that I dont use or have gotten tired off

Our weather sure has been hot that last few days....whew....

Oh Greenie...are you not posting cards on scs anymore? haven;t seen any up since 2016?
Hope all is well?

Hugs to all...