Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree220Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #241
Watercolor Wizard

Will keep Justin in my prayers....hope all goes well.....

I had my bi-opsy....I think its orange juice, and they dribbled it all over my neck.......lolol
will be about 10 days for results....

Thanks greenie....love & Hugs

Thanks for the prayers sistahs...
Love & Hugs to all

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #242
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, keep us posted on your results, k?

Sunny day today...nice morning. I finally am able to get my hair cut and colored tonight...so excited! No more gray......for awhile! The hubster will have a 'younger' wife!!! Heehee!....maybe he'll chase me around the room tonight! Bwahahahahhaaaaa!!! Awww heck...I'm too old and out of shape to be chased! LOL!

Let's hear some chatter on da bus....way to quiet here!

I've been watching my Phillies.....Ahhhhhh...that time of year. Love it!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #243
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Jan, keep us posted on your results, k?

Sunny day today...nice morning. I finally am able to get my hair cut and colored tonight...so excited! No more gray......for awhile! The hubster will have a 'younger' wife!!! Heehee!....maybe he'll chase me around the room tonight! Bwahahahahhaaaaa!!! Awww heck...I'm too old and out of shape to be chased! LOL!

Let's hear some chatter on da bus....way to quiet here!

I've been watching my Phillies.....Ahhhhhh...that time of year. Love it!
I don't believe you are too old and outta shape, your just pretending to be, but may you are just easy. Bawahahahahahaha

I design for
CCEE Stampers, Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team and Speedy Fox and Friends

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 AM   #244
Stazon Splitcoast

Sissy, you are anything but 'old'!!! Just wait till you get up there in the HIGH numbers - if Mark starts chasing you and you get caught, I think it because you LET him catch you!! How's Justin doing??

Morning, Shirt, how's that little Dude, Jude doing??
Old 03-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #245
Stazon Splitcoast

EASY????? Shirt says I'm EASY!!! Well............humpf......I am when it comes to the hubster! LOL! Love that man!

Justin called last night and was at the Welfare office for 4 hours yesterday obtaining an ACCESS card. I guess he uses that until he finds employment. He had other places to go today to drop off 'papers' and then he was to go to some meetings, (I'm assuming some AA meetings). He is supposed to call me tonight to let me know how things are. Please pray that God will open up some job opportunity doors that will coincide with a barber shop or beauty salon as he really wants to return to Empire and finish his schooling. I'm getting a little frustrated because this is halfway house is in Phila and they are almost mandating where he has to find a job and live...primarily in Phila. His family is in Coatesville, Downingtown, or West Chester. I wonder what married men to when they are facing the same situation.

Anyway, Have a terrific day, my sistahs!!! Thinking of and praying for each of you!!!! Hugs!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #246
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying for Justin Lesley. I know how important it is to have a good job.

Nothing happening here. I over did it yesterday so kind of going easy today. Right now I am BBQ'ing some pork steaks for dinner. Made a couple of cards today. Got one posted for Jill's TSC from last week. Have a few bd cards and sympathy to make. Its cold here today. In the mid 30's but the wind has been blowing. The sun is shining so I am not complaining.

How's little Jude? I bet you are enjoying him so much.

Well praying for everyone's needs. Even if I don't remember everything God does.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #247
Forum Fanatic

Hi Everyone,
Jan, I will be praying that all goes well with the bi-opsy of your thyroid.

Greenie, So glad to hear that Julie likes her job--
Praying for your friend Dian's SIL.
Thank you for my SIL, Carol, Jim and I were told good news today that she is joining a church.

Hope everyone is having a good week, and Carol Anne, Hope you and your family are feeling better..
QFTD165
Old 03-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #248
Watercolor Wizard

Will keep Justin in prayer for a good job...Lesley....

So glad ur sil is joining a church...fellowship is very much in lifting one up, finding strength in each other...and praising the Lord together...very solid rock to be!!

And who was the girl that got rid of her grey...and got all fired up...running around renewed??...guess I better try that and see if it works....lolol...but I really love my grey..and white in alot of places, and still alot of light brown in other places...lolol and all on my head girls...all on my head....lol

gotcha...didn't I......lolololol

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 03-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #249
Stazon Splitcoast

Not me, Jan, when the grey starts showing, I get out my trusty little bottle and a little while later I am blonde again, though when there is just a wee bit of grey, it blends in nicely. Once I let it go too long and I WAS NOT HAPPY with a grey head!!

Lots to do today - did we get a challenge from silly for tomorrow's TSC??
Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 AM   #250
Stazon Splitcoast

OOOOPS, NEVERMIND - it's the BRAT'S week,post #229 - - silly is next week!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

My new do..... image.jpg....LOOK, NO GRAY! YAY!!!!! Oh, I feel 20..... I mean 30.....no, ah 40.......Oh ok, 50....55 again!!!! Heehee!

Last edited by Marleygo; 03-14-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Old 03-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #252
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
My new do..... Attachment 270337....LOOK, NO GRAY! YAY!!!!! Oh, I feel 20..... I mean 30.....no, ah 40.......Oh ok, 50....55 again!!!! Heehee!
Punk, you are beautiful no matter what color your hair is!!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 03-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #253
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Hi all you riders! You've all been on my heart and in my prayers.

DeAnna had her 3rd chemo on Monday ,so today and tomorrow are her worst days. She has 3 more with the 3 meds and then 6 more treatments with only 1 med which will be easier, I hope. Thank you all for your continued prayers.

We are leaving Nevada on the 29th to go to Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland during spring break. We are all looking forward to it. My mom will be at the Arbors for 8 days. Hospice is taking care of things while I'm gone. I just hope my arthritic legs will hold up for all the walking!! LOL! My love to all!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 03-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #254
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesley, your hair looks terrific!! But, no matter what you do or don't do with it - we love YOU for who you are, not for what your hair looks like - just so you know - !!
Cant wait to see you on APril 13th at Allentown!! - if you wear your purple shirt, it will be easy to find you - you are glowing!!!

Yay, for DeAnna, on her THIRD chemo - hope she is still going like a trooper that we know she is - still praying - for her - and all your gang - Hey good for you going to Disney - if it gets bad - get a wheelchair and have the boys push you around - will get you at the head of the line for a lot of rides too! Love to all your gang!

Anybody else wishing for spring - ????? We will be down in the teens for a wind chill tomorrow!! BRRRR!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #255
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan: "...guess I better try that and see if it works....lolol...but I really love my grey..and white in alot of places, and still alot of light brown in other places...lolol and all on my head girls...all on my head....lol"

I'm getting my hair colored tomorrow night. Jan - you got me thinking, should I get my legs and pits to match!? Ha Ha!

Lookin' Good Punk! - Does this mean I might get lucky??? Nah, I'd probably have to shave my legs! Ha Ha!

Prayers have been said for all. Lot's of that going on for the bus and around here.

If you all have time: My 35-year-old coworker got the breast cancer diagnosis yesterday, one of my uncles had two strokes and an MI this AM, and family of some friends lost a baby yesterday. Uncle's doing better than we would have thought.

We've got to go turn in $850 of Girl Scout cookie money tomorrow, might get another work project, and I'm gonna get a card done!!!! I AM!

Love to ALL the Sistahs!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #256
Stazon Splitcoast

Somehow I deleted the part where I have had the pieces of my TSC card laying here and I've rearranged them many times on many BG's while I was working. I'd look at it and think that's cute. Then 15 min. later I wouldn't like it!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:32 AM   #257
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat!

Good for all the GS cookie sales you got!! that is awesome! You must be a heck of a salesgirl!

Praying for your co worker, your uncle, and the folks who lost the baby - how sad - will be adding these to all the other sistahs intentions!!

Um, you are way ahead of me on the TSC, I am still in the thinking stages - bet you can smell the smoke all the way out in WA state!!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #258
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, so now your card is not all alone in the TSC Punk!

Greenie: The rain keeps clearing the smoke away. It has been in the 50's and rainy here for awhile - with NO end in sight!

Jan, I hope they get that thyroid stuff figured out! It sucks when you have low thyroid - I know! I told my doc in Oct. I thought I needed my thyroid meds upped. She said I didn't. My DH calls me the poster child for hypothyroidism lately. So, I got my labs and did some research. It IS low. Plus that is most likely the reason my cholesterol when up to the bad areas again even though I have been doing everything I'm supposed to!

Jan there is all kinds of studies about the hypothyroid / high cholesterol connection. I hope yours is alright!

I am going to see an ARNP that is known for actually caring about her patients and listening.

Okay, it is 11:00 AM on the West Coast. I need to put some cloths on!
Old 03-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #259
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat I will be praying for all your requests. I am honored to be able to pray for your requests. This is a great place to be able to ask for prayer.

Now what is an ARNP? My thryroid is so slow. I've had my meds upped a few times myself. Never knew there was a link between that and cholesterol. I need to do a little research on that. My cholesterol was a little on the high side which is unusual for me. I do eat some bad things since I am a sweet aholic but I eat a lot of good stuff everyday too. My latest thing is I cut carrots in thin long slices and eat them with sandwiches instead of chips so I can still have that crunch. I am finding that satisfying.

I did not get my card done for the challenge today but I will. Fridays are always busy for me. I do my grocery shopping in a town about 17 miles from me. They always are saying "shop Moberly" Well I wear New Balance tennis shoes because I have foot problems and I found one pair of them today. Then I also had in mind to buy a new outfit to have for church, new for Easter. I could not find one thing to buy! They want to make you 90lbs or 90 yrs old!! So I will drive to Columbia one day next week to find some things. Thats 35 miles one way. I hate to have to drive that far to get a few things but I have no choice. Never would think it would be difficult to spend some moolah.

We went to Steak and Shake tonight for dinner. Oh it was sooooooo good and sooooo greasy and fattening! I bought a corned beef to cook tomorrow. Its small because Jerry doesn't like it. So I'll slice it and freeze some of it. I'm going to have that and fix him a steak tomorrow. I hardly ever do that but I really want some. Having it at home is so much better than eating it out. Brat I haven't had time to sit down and type up any recipes yet but I haven't forgotten.

Well hope everyone has a great weekend. Praying for all.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #260
Watercolor Wizard

Not sure why my card is not showing up in the gallery, I got everything right as far as I know and even redid the key words....

and thanks for the info about the thyroid...things i never heard about...

My Blog
Old 03-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #261
Watercolor Wizard

np girls...its in there now.....

My Blog
Old 03-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #262
Stazon Splitcoast

Default LUCKY, LUCKY ME!!!

Ooooooh, LUCKY,LUCKY ME!!! I got my St Patty's Day gift early today - got to see my sweet little leprechaun, LESLEY at the stamp show!!!!! She didn't know I was coming and I didn't know she was coming and we just FOUND each other and delivered the biggest HUG EVAH!! I am so BLESSED!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #263
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat - just went back and edited the cowboy card to see if it gets booted into the TSC gallery - I think they were having troubles with keywords last night and that is when I uploaded it, so maybe in the next half hour it will be there hope so I spent almost 2 hours working him over!!! LOL
Old 03-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #264
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Ooooooh, LUCKY,LUCKY ME!!! I got my St Patty's Day gift early today - got to see my sweet little leprechaun, LESLEY at the stamp show!!!!! She didn't know I was coming and I didn't know she was coming and we just FOUND each other and delivered the biggest HUG EVAH!! I am so BLESSED!!!!
I feel so HUGGED today!!! What a glorious day! Not only was I in STAMP HEAVEN, I had a sweet (if slightly twisted...Heehee.) ANGEL holding me tight!! Sue, It was such a surprise to hear my name called! I LOVE surprises!!! GF, you topped off my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #265
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I feel so HUGGED today!!! What a glorious day! Not only was I in STAMP HEAVEN, I had a sweet (if slightly twisted...Heehee.) ANGEL holding me tight!! Sue, It was such a surprise to hear my name called! I LOVE surprises!!! GF, you topped off my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, Sissy, that was the BEST SURPRISE EVER!! You made my day!! If I wasn't so surprised to see you, the only thing that would've made it better is if I remembered to get a picture of us together!!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #266
Forum Fanatic

Stamp show! May I ask "What Stamp show?" Inquiring minds want to know...smile...
Blessings, jill
QFTD165
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #267
Stazon Splitcoast

There was a stamp show at the Valley Forge expo center at Oaks PA - my friend asked me to go keep her company (HA!) because her DH was going into work around there for a couple hours and she didnt want to go alone - was her first one ever. I had no plans to go since the Allentown one is coming up next month and did not think anyone else was going o THAT is why I was so surprised to see Lesley today!! None of the big vendors was there - mostly small companies! When you go to these things, sign up for their newsletters, so you get advance notice of the shows - I goggled it and you can see all of them - look here -

/www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&tab=mw#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=rubber+stamp+shows+in+PA&oq=rubber+stamp+show s+in+PA&gs_l=hp.12..0i22i30l4.43.1706.1.11571.6.4. 0.2.2.0.152.428.3j1.4.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.6.psy-ab.Q4-6f-vW7GY&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43828540,d.dm Q&fp=b1fee2a396897a33&biw=1024&bih=569

Hope that helps!!
Old 03-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #268
Stazon Splitcoast

I liked this show because it is small and these stamp companies do have really cool images and ideas. Plus, it doesn't get real crowded either. I had a good time......and spent way too much! I saw a stamp that said: Whoever said money wasn't everything never went to a stamp convention! LOL!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #269
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I am up for the challenge. If not ignore me!! Lets do Paper Piecing, Paper Piercing and Pearls.

Brat I will get my card posted in the morning. Too dark for pics now. Sorry I am late but that's seems to be how I roll lately!

Wow our church service was just amazing today. I am so blessed to go to such an awesome church.

Wish I had some stamp shows in my area. I would have to drive to St. Louis or KC and I don't even know if they have any.

Praying for everyone's needs. Please pray for my grandson. He is 14 and really having a hard time.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #270
Forum Fanatic

Hi Everyone,
Thank you, "Greenie" for posting a link, but I could Not get it to work...However, I will ask my stamp buddies if they went to it. If I remember correctly, they had asked me a while back if I was interested in going. Forgot all about it, till you said you had gone. I told them at the time, No. Because for the last couple of months, I have put a halt on my spending, and I am trying to use up what I already have. Besides, I need to get some money together for the one in April, so I can shop till I drop! (Like I did last year! LOL)
Hope everyone had a good weekend
QFTD165
Old 03-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #271
Forum Fanatic

I finally uploaded my card for the Twisted Sister Challenge, Whoops, Just realized that I forgot something...the keyword TSC0315, I thought I was forgetting something when I uploaded the card. that's what I get for uploading so late and night, and way past my bed time... The cards I saw in the gallery look great, I will comment on them tomorrow. Thanks brat for the challenge.
QFTD165
Old 03-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #272
Stazon Splitcoast

Just seconds left to say HAPPY ST PATRICK's DAY!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #273
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sylvia,
ARNP means Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner. The can write Rx and do many of the same things MDs can do including becoming your attending physician. I have found that many of the ARNP's have a more personal connection with their patients. This is a generalization, but in my experience they pride themselves as having that hands-on, caring and compassionate demeanor that RN's have. They also try hard to stay up on all the medical developments.

I have prayed for your DGS and Greenie's as well tonight. My DS is beginning to get a bit emotional at times. He turns 12 next month. Sheesh, I really believed boys would be easier than girls! I wish I could remember all the people who told me that!!!

I'm happy church was fabulous. I thought it was pretty good too. Pastor talked about Moses. By coincidence I was reading to my kids from Exodus because DS is studying Egypt.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #274
Stazon Splitcoast

If anyone gets a chance, please check out Vanessa's card in my gallery. She turns 10 next month and she is already as good and in some ways better than I am! The little brat; I'm going to have to keep her out of my stuff!

We had a few good hours together this afternoon while the boys were gone.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #275
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD from PAUSA View Post
Hi Everyone,
Thank you, "Greenie" for posting a link, but I could Not get it to work...However, I will ask my stamp buddies if they went to it. If I remember correctly, they had asked me a while back if I was interested in going. Forgot all about it, till you said you had gone. I told them at the time, No. Because for the last couple of months, I have put a halt on my spending, and I am trying to use up what I already have. Besides, I need to get some money together for the one in April, so I can shop till I drop! (Like I did last year! LOL)
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Sorry, Jill, that the link did not work - just google Rubber stamp shows in PA - that is what I did!
Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #276
Stazon Splitcoast

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the comments on Vanessa's card. I will show her tonight as she has Girl Scouts after school today. I posted her card while she was sleeping last night, so she will be excited!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #277
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat, Vanessa's card is awesome. I was trying to catch up on commenting on everyone's cards on da bus (I'm way behind) and I didn't realize it was Vanessa's until after I commented on it. She did a great job! I love seeing children grow in their talents. My dg can really write. I wish she would try to get some of her poems published. I know she's my gd so I would automatically like it but its way beyond that.

I cannot get to Pat's gallery. This site is still so wonky. I wanted to go comment on her cards. Oh well there will be another day.

I made two cards today and did some coloring for some others. That's really all I wanted to do today but house work called me.

Mother Nature has forgotten it's Spring Wed. It's cold and the wind is blustery. They are calling for snow for several days towards the end of the week. The one thing I have is it can change dramatically in that time!

Couldn't sleep last night. The last time I saw the clock it was 4:00. So I got up and made oatmeal cookies.

Praying for all the needs on here. Thank you for praying for my dgs. He really needs it. Scares the daylights out of me.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #278
Forum Fanatic

Hi All,
Silly, praying for your grandson...
and could I ask for some prayers for me, please
Not feeling well tonight..please pray that I can get a doctor's appointment tomorrow!
thanks...Blessings, Jill
QFTD165
Old 03-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #279
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, I've prayed you feel better, if not I hope you get to see a doc.

Ha-Ha Silly! You probably thought my techniques were improving when you saw Vanessa's card!

I wonder if your DGD would partner with you by letting you put some verses in some of your cards?

I hope you are sleeping better now.

Jan, was it you that asked what Gesso is? I didn't know! Anyway, I went to find out since I did not have all the ingredients to make it. The bottle says it is acrylic gesso with titanium for more whiteness. It is kinda like a white paint that drys a bit rougher than plain acrylic paint. The bottle says it is absorbent so it accepts oil and acrylic paint, pastels, charcoal, pencil and crayons. I have seen it used rather thickly to look like snow and also painted over newsprint in a thin layer so you can still see through it a bit. I am still ignorant as to why it is called gesso and not paint. You need to know that I know ZERO about painting or paint.

I kinda like the idea of playing with it.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #280
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry not to be around.....mark and I are suffering from the stomach bug. Yuk! Please say a little prayer that this subsides quickly. I hate throwing up.......so unlady like!