Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree395Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #1081
Forum Fanatic

Thank you, Lesley, for clearing that up. I thought that maybe I had goofed! It doesn't take much to confuse me. LOL!
I came on line earlier to post my "tag" challenge card...than I saw your black and white challenge.
I was starting with a bad headache, and just decided to log off and come back later...
the headache is still with me but not as bad...
Hope everyone has a good weekend...

Blessings,
Jill
QFTD165
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #1082
Die Cut Diva

Less, you are evil, wicked and nasty!!! NO P I N K........evah! Are you home yet or still in Texas? Did the "drama" go away? How was the wedding?

I have had masculine cards on the brain since I've had two male additions to the family in the last 3 months! Now somebody needs to come up with a girl for our family! We can't have stinky boys out numbering us now can we???? I can just see it now, Gunner will be in the company of both those little boys and he will say something likle, "come on girls, lets do......". He is a great tormenter! Hope all is going well with everyone!
Old 11-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #1083
Stazon Splitcoast

Tater girl, I hear ya! Boys, boys, boys!!!! All around! Trucks, cars, rough and tumble!!! No dainty pigtails or cute ruffled tights! Humph!!!! ��
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:04 PM   #1084
Watercolor Wizard

Hi girls....Been crazy here...and I tried to do a tag...but it just never worked out!! svs
but...but...I did try

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 11-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #1085
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan....you NEED to slow down and smell the roses, GF!! LOL! You are so busy!!! I can't keep up with you!

Greenie.....How's the knee?

Shirt....Happy Birthday!! Hugs to you, GF!

Jill....hope your headache is gone

Silly....how's it going?

Tater.....is that pool ready yet?

CA.....what's cooking in Nevada? I know you have been busy there too!

Pat....if you get a chance to get on here....know that I Love you lots and lots!!!

Kathy....where you been, doll? I miss you on here!

I pray for you all every day.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #1086
Watercolor Wizard

Happy Birthday Shirt!!!

Marleygo girl...Bless you hun!!

And all the rest....gonna get around to the comments on your cards...been lacking there too.....

Hugs to all

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #1087
Forum Fanatic

Happy Birthday, Shirley!
Jan thanks for trying the challenge...
Hope everyone is having a good week...
Blessings,
Jill
QFTD165
Old 11-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #1088
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jill! How ya doing, GF? Did you have some of the 'white stuff' floating around this morning? It was beautiful while it lasted! Put me in the spirit, it did!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #1089
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Thanks, everyone, for the birthday wishes. Gee, I was 113 again this year. I am doing good with that number.

It has been a sad week here. I lost my 11 yr old white boxer. He was the last of my original boxer family. He was a great dog and I miss him terribly. I suppose my rescue boxer has been trying to take my mind off of it by escaping the backyard twice this week.
He is a houdini, that is for sure.

I had two of the grandkids this week so they helped entertain me. Our baby boy is getting so big. He is saying da da and waving as he says hi.

I am trying to keep my head above water with my card commitments. Keeps me busy and almost keeps me out of trouble.

I am wearing my shiny halo as I write this. Thanks, CA for the hard work you put into keeping it looking so nice.

My shoulder had some improvement this week so that gives me hope that it will be okay.
The arm still hurts a little, but it is much better. Daisy sure did a number on me.

Take care and hugs to you all.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Blooms in a Box and Marleygo like this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #1090
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt....Hey birthday girl!!! So glad you stopped in!!! Good to catch up with you!!! You sure are missed around here!

You take care of that shoulder, sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear about your boxer! Wish I could put my big ole Mama arms around you and squeeze! Please close your eyes and feel my hugs, k? I'm praying for you and your family!

Good to hear about the grandbabies....aren't they wonderful? They keep us Younger(er)! LOL!

Love you, GF!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #1091
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirt sorry I missed your bd. I have been absent most of the time for the last few months. Hope you enjoyed it.
So sorry your shoulder is still messed up. That's been quite awhile ago hasn't it? Will pray for that to get straightened out.
I'm so sorry about your dog. I think we are alike about our dogs. They mean so much to you and are such an important part in your life. I read a lot at night and my dog comes to my chair and wants attention. I stop reading and love on her. Heck I will always have books to read but she is a precious gift to me for a few years.

Lesley who's turn for the next challenge? I think it may be me but I'm not sure. I got a tag posted yesterday for last weeks challenge. Better late than never! I have my card ready for Tater's challenge too. I've been on the ball the last couple of days. Just hope it lasts.

Greenie hows the knee doing? I will try to call you soon.

Boy its cold here. Right now its 15. Not ready for this. Its supposed to be back up in the 50's in the next few days.

Hello to everyone. Hugs to all.
Marleygo likes this post.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:33 PM   #1092
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly, it's your turn to issue the challenge on Friday for Nov. 22.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #1093
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Hi Jill! How ya doing, GF? Did you have some of the 'white stuff' floating around this morning? It was beautiful while it lasted! Put me in the spirit, it did!
I may have missed seeing it...I know that they were calling for snow! and it sure is cold enough for it...I'm not ready for "winter" weather.

I'm sitting at a very noisy computer right now. Remember when I said I was having computer problems a while back! well, hubby tried fixing it, (He cleaned the inside of the computer around the fan, etc.) and it got quiet, and it was running better...but I think it's going again. I manage to be on for a little while...it's quiet...and then gets noisy...so I shut it down...come back much later...and it's alright for a while...and then gets noisy again.

So needless to say, Ihave NOT been on the computer much...

and it sounds like this one is going down...

Jill
QFTD165
Old 11-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #1094
Forum Fanatic

Shirt, sorry about the loss of your boxer...they do become a part of family. Prayers being sent your way...
Hugs,
Jill
QFTD165
Old 11-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #1095
Die Cut Diva

Awe Shirt, I hope your birthday was good; sorry I missed it. My heart goes out to you on the loss of your fur baby. I am very attached to all my critters and go into deep mourning when I loose one. I hope you get comfort from knowing you were the best Mom he could have ever had. Continue to improve with your shoulder, at your age, it might take a bit longer but..................tee hee.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:26 AM   #1096
Die Cut Diva

I forgot to mention the pool! It got plastered and filled and then I noticed they hadn't rocked the first step into the pool. It is a rather tall step so I need them to put a layer of the flat rock so the step will be easier for me to use. So now, they need to drain the pool into a holding tanker and fix the step the way I want it and put in the pool light which they forgot!!!! But aside from these two items, it went fairly smooth.

We experienced some big flooding here at holloween; 15 inches!!! A certain part of Austin really got hit bad as they are on Onion Creek. Many homes were flooded and several lives were lost one of which was a friend of ours. He was a preacher who dedicated his life to bringing the gospel to inmates. Now his wife will be taking on his position. Their home was also lost in the flood. So when I feel down about how things are in my life, I need to remember to take a look around and then hit my knees to thank the good lord for all my blessings. Feeling a little melancholy as today is the one year anniversary of loosing Mom. In some ways it feels like years and then again it feels like just yesterday. Miss her still but will continue on with life as she raised us.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #1097
Watercolor Wizard

So sorry Shirt for the loss of your puppy!! and hope your arm gets better soon....

whats the challenge for this Friday....the TSC1115?

My Blog
Old 11-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #1098
Stazon Splitcoast

Tater Tot.....I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend!!! How awful! But it is important to remember that he is with God and is being rewarded with the jewels in his crown from all of his labor here on earth! God bless his wife as she takes over his inmate ministry. I'll be praying for her!...An you, my dear friend!

As far as the pool, may your could do some stretches for your legs to make them a wee bit longer sos getting in the pool won't be so hard with the BIG step! LOL! Love you, GF!!!

Jan.....Here is the challenge for Friday...

TSC for 1115: Do a masculine card for any occasion. NO P I N K. Can be humorous or not. (If you're doing a sympathy card, I'd pass on the humor part......just sayin).
Old 11-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #1099
Proud Fan Club Member

Tater I am sorry about your Mom. I will pray for the Lord to put his arms around you and give you peace in your grief. It's hard to lose your Mom. Since I lost mine it has dimmed the holidays for me a bit. She loved them so. I'm sorry about your friend too. What a scary way to die. And your pool. Well Sisser you are much nicer than me. I mean how many things are in a pool? Steps and lights are a pretty big part of it. I can't believe they forgot them!

Jill hope your computer doesn't bite the dirt. Sounds like it's the fan going out.

I have a terrible cold that has gone into my chest. I feel lousy. Remember me when you pray.

Well yesterday was our 37th anniversary. Jerry wanted to take me out to dinner. He asked where I wanted to go. Expecting to go out for steaks or something nice. I told him Steak and Shake. He said I was a cheap date!

For next weeks challenge for 11-22 lets make a box of some sort for Christmas. You can decorate one you have or make one from scratch, re-purpose something to use as a box. Just have fun!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:53 AM   #1100
Watercolor Wizard

So sorry tater for your loss, love & Hugs, and especially prayers to you hun!!

Silly....hope that cold gets better, heal quickly my friend, prayers going out to ya!!

Greenie...hope all is going well with ya, and your healing fast!!

Hugs to all!!

My Blog
Old 11-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #1101
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey sistahs!!! It's FRIDAY! Whhooooo-hooooo!!!!!!!! So glad the weekend is here! Now, what to do.......what to do!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #1102
Watercolor Wizard

Don't fall over in a faint...but I got my card done for the challenge, and got it up....whoo hoo...can't believe I actually made the deadline....

My Blog
Old 11-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #1103
Watercolor Wizard

Boy........is it ever quiet in here.....must be the weekend.....

Hope you all are well? will pray for ya....hugs

My Blog
Old 11-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #1104
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Jan, I'm here....lurking in da back of da bus.....sipping my hot chocolate! Just planning my next caper! Heehee!

My men are stretching the carpet in my family room.....all of the furniture has been moved out of the room and the curtains are off the windows and in the washing machine......looks like I'm moving out! And, all the while what am I doing???? Supervising, of course!!!! This is the fun part! LOL!

Have a fantastic Sunday! LYMI!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #1105
Die Cut Diva

Hey Less!!! Any time you need assistance with the "supervising", give me a holler. I get rave reviews all the time for my pointing/directing skills!

I bowled in a tournament in San Antonio Sat. & Sunday; what????? I bowled like a beginner. Had great fun though and for me, that's what it's all about.

I STILL have not heard from the pool people. I hope this isn't gonna turn into something nasty. Fixin to place a call this a.m. The fence people are almost done and the pool people are going to have a big surprise when they come and can't get in!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #1106
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Monday morning ladies.

Tater did you get those pool people in line? I hope it doesn't get nasty too. You don't need the hassle.

There were a few really bad storms a little NE of me. Boy did we luck out. Illinois and Indiana got hit hard. Who ever heard of storms like this in Nov? It's our changing world.

Well my husband has been busy working on our downstairs bathroom. Painting and building me some shelves for my canned foods. There is a huge built in cabinet in there and it's deep. That way I can have the whole linen closet for stamping stuff! It was his idea. He's always trying to help me with storage for all my goodies.

Still fighting whatever it is I have. Probably going to end up at the docs because I think I have a sinus infection. Yuck I wish it would just go away.

Greenie hope you're doing good. You're in my prayers as are all of you.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #1107
Stazon Splitcoast

Just checking in real quick with y'all - all the exercises and PT are keeping me going like crazy!

Jill and Tater - Sorry I did not get to the last couple challenges - been working hard on getting back in shape with this knee, and I am bound and determined to get it better than last year's knee, which isn't perfectly straight - just requires a lot of hard work, MOVING and not sitting at the computer much!

Just read up on everything that has been happening with all of you -

Shirt's 113th BD - again and, then losing Sweet Bandit - what a horrible thing to have happen - glad to hear your shoulder is doing better though! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you adjust to life without your sweet pup!

Jan, you are so busy - better slow down and smell the roses a little - if it feels like too much - stop - you have to be able to enjoy it!!

Lesley - sorry, I have not been around much to support you and the gals here on the bus - I always pray for all of you and you are on my mind, even if you don't "see" me here, know you are always in my heart!

Jill, hope your computer hangs in there - does sound like a fan problem - or maybe Santa can bring you something new for Christmas??

Sylvia - hope you and Jerry had a nice anniversary - sorry I did not get a card done for you - wishing you lots more happy years together!

Tater - sure hope they straighten out their "oversights" on the pool - they better respond to you soon or they may find out about a German woman's wrath - LOL! You sure need lights and the step so it is not such a drop as you get in - we want you to be safe as you enjoy that pool!

Kathy, Pat, and CA - hoping all is well with you too - keeping everyone in my prayers and thoughts each day - even if you don't hear from me!!

OK, ready for a late lunch after my intense therapy session this morning - catch you all later -

Hugs,
Greenie
JD from PAUSA likes this post.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #1108
Stazon Splitcoast

GREENIE!!!!!!!! GF, it is sooooo good to see you on da bus again!!! WOW...sounds like you are doing ok.....keep up the exercises and the MOVING!!! Praying for ya, sweetie!!!!

Sylvia, get rid of that nasty awful sinus gunk!!! I'm so sorry that you are not up to sniff.....I mean snuff! :P. Hoping it all goes away real soon!!!! Kudos to the hubster for givein you more storage space for your most important treasures....your stamping stuff! What a fella!!!! He's a keeper! I'm glad that the storms went around you and you are ok. I have been wondering about Shirt......anyone hear from her? I looked up Preoria, IL and it is about 4 hours or so from Shirt. AND, has anyone heard about Kathy? Isn't she up there somewhere's near Shirt? I'm praying them up!!!

Tater....you give those pool guys a big WHAT FOR!!!! Do they expect you to just cannonball into the pool everytime you want to get in????? You need a step suitable for your wittle weggies!!!! I hear ya! I can't wait to see a picture of it when you get a chance!!! Hugs, sweetie!

Hugs all around!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #1109
Forum Fanatic

Hi everyone...Just stopping by to say Hi...and let you ALL know that I have been thinking about all of you and keep you in my prayers...

My computer no longer sounds like an airplane taking off...I think hubby may have fixed it...He took my computer apart and cleaned it out...(Lots of dust around the fan, I'm told) All I know, is for now...I am up and working again...

Lots of catching up to do...haven't been able to be on the computer as much because of the computer problems...

and Sorry, no masculine card for this week's challenge. I really don't need any right now...but I do need to make two family family birthday cards...(One for my daughter) and a 50th Anniversary card for the lady who was my Mother's best friend. So they have to come first. I didn't start either one yet.

I think I do have my Christmas cards pretty much done...Now I have to start addressing them and write my Christmas notes...My goal is to get them in the mail right after Thanksgiving. That has been my goal many times...and I have not ever managed to meet that goal.

Take care all...
Blessings,
Jill

Greenie, so good to hear from you...and I love your novels...as I said before, it always helps me to keep up to date...
QFTD165
Old 11-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #1110
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jill! Glad to see you are up and running again on your computer! Your hubby sounds like a handy dandy kind of guy! Good for you!

I like your goal to have your Christmas cards in the mail right after Thanksgiving. I usually like to get mine out early too!

I had stamp club tonight and I purchased the envelope maker......does anyone else have it? It is SOOOOOOO cool! Quite orgasmic, I must say! LOL! I can't wait for it to come in! I was surprised that it was only 19.00.....thought it would have been up in the 30's or so!

When I got back from stamp club, my family room was all put back together thanks to the hubster and my son Ryan. The carpet looks really clean as do the curtains and somehow the whole room looks and feels much cleaner, if you know what I mean. They switched the furniture up some which is A-OK with me. Looks nice.

Have a good sleep tonight, my sweet friends!!! Hugs!
Old 11-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #1111
Proud Fan Club Member

Lesley I bought the envelope maker too. It's really cool. I'm going to start using up all that dp that's been in my stash forever! It's a cool tool.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #1112
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't wait to get mine!!! I really fell in love with it!!!!!!! I guess you really don't have to use double sided dp, but it does make it really nice to do so. I love how it tells you what dimensions you need to make any size card. PLUS it has the corner rounder punch built right in!!!! How cool is that!!!!!!!! I'm so giddy over this product! LOL!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #1113
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesley and Sylvia - since you just got the envelope punch board- had to share this video from one of the Founder's Circle's website on how to make LINERS for those envelopes with it also!! TOO COOL - LOOKIE ----

stampinpretty.com/2013/09/envelope-punch-board-liner-video.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+StampinPretty+(stampin'+prett y+impressions)
Old 11-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #1114
Forum Fanatic

Okay, Greenie!!! Now you did it! After watching the video...it's on my wish list too. You are such an enabler! Smile...
QFTD165
Old 11-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #1115
Die Cut Diva

Les; 'orgasmic???' You made me laugh.

The pool people finally called back and I have put them on notice as to what I expect and when. They will be getting back to me soon (yah right) to let me know exactly when to expect them. They must think I was born yesterday. The next call I made was to my attorney to find out if I can legally break the contract and have someone else finish the pool. Waiting to hear from him too. Sigh.

We just broomed a huge ground rattler off our front porch!!! We means, I directed from afar while he wielded the broom. It had to be at least a foot long; well, he looked a lot bigger than that. I thought they should be hybernating by now.

Well, I have already finished and posted for Friday's challenge so.........nananananah!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #1116
Forum Fanatic

Snake!!!!! Yikes!!!
Tater, I don't think you have to worry about me ever showing up expectedly on your doorstep...LOL.

Went to the doctor today...I need to have an x-ray done on my arm...It still hurts from that fall I took two months ago...
but the good news at the doctor's was...
drum roll please....

I lost five pounds!!!! (need to lose more so I can catch up with Lesley!) I can't take credit for it...the diet was forced on me by my doctor...

also this is a site I joined yesterday...

Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

I need help in keeping track of what I eat...
anyone else ever hear of that site...?
so far, I like it...

Jill <---who hasn't made a card in ages...
but needs to get going and make a card for the daughter's birthday.
Old 11-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #1117
Proud Fan Club Member

Jill good for you!!! That's great.

Tater that would scare me to death. I am not afraid of snakes but I don't want to be around them either. I had a blue racer chase me on the riding mower one time. Stupid snake. He was pretty. I've had two run ins with rattlers in the mountains by LA. Now they scare me. My husband always wants to kill snakes when he sees them but I won't let him if I'm around. They keep mice away but I've never had a rattler here either and pray I never do.

Greenie I like the enveloper. It's pretty cool. You can do a lot with it. If I can get around to it I'm going to make a box with it for Friday's challenge.

Just got done cooking 3 batches of biscuits and 3 pans of cornbread. At our Food Bank we feed the volunteers and tomorrow it's a combined effort. We are having a TG meal and I was elected to make the dressing.

Still sick. I got some medicine from the Dr. yesterday. Hopefully I will be better soon. It's been over a week now. I think I need to get some vitamins. I've been sickly twice and it's not even winter yet.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #1118
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Greenie, so good to see you back, I was beginning to get worried about ya....

Yahhhhh for your puter getting fixed JD...nothing worse then a messed up not working right, can't be on the TSC cause of puter troubles....

Silly, I have an envelope maker...but I found using DP, makes the envelope so heavy, cause of the 80 pound CS...is that OK? or even 65 pound CS....but it sure is sturdy... mine is just the one for the score pal, but its the Martha Stewart one.... did that make sense??

A rattler Tater?? we only get garter snakes here.and thats bad enough...oh yuck...

Wtg Jill on the weight loss....\0/ \0/

I'll have to check in on this enveloper....

My Blog
Old 11-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #1119
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, good for you on your weight loss! It feels great, doesn't it? I'm 10 pounds down now, but I can't wait until I can actually SEE it in my clothes.

Silly, I really wish you would feel better soon! You are cooking up a storm for the food bank! I LOVE cornbread.....when I was growing up, it was a staple breakfast for Sunday morning....hot cornbread with butter and maple syrup or KARO syrup. I prefer the KARO clear syrup for my cornbread. I made it for my family when the boys were smaller. The hubster is not really fond of it, so it doesn't get made much anymore. When we go camping, though, my brother will made some for Sunday morning and bring me a piece.

Tater....snakes???? AAACCCCCKKKKKK!!! This ole gal is afraid of snakes, though we don't get much of them here in PA....thank goodness!!

Jan, I didn't realize that Scor-pal had a thing to make envelopes. I'm so looking forward to received mine soon.

Greenie....how ya doing, GF??? Ready to make some cards yet?

Sending hugs out today!!! LYMI!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #1120
Watercolor Wizard

Just got word from Pat, she had her hand surgery and all went well.she is just praising up a storm!!!
Praise Jesus!!

My Blog
Marleygo and JD from PAUSA like this post.