Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree351Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #1001
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, Lesley!

RE: I have a doc's appt. on Tuesday to discuss some of my health issues.

How did your appt with the doctor go?? I have been praying for everything to be okay - keep us posted her, will you??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #1002
Forum Fanatic

Hi Everyone, Sorry I have not been around lately...

Greenie, I like your "novels" it helps me to catch up with what is going on with everyone...Adding you to my prayer list for the 14th.

Silly, the wedding sounds like it was beautiful! Glad everything went so well...

CA, prayers for your surgery on the 23rd...

I made a card for last week's challenge...just didn't get it posted yet...I was getting ready to post it on Sunday...then I remembered that I couldn't post on Sunday...then forgot to post...

I haven't done too much card making...spending most of time at the doctor's or dentist...Last Thursday, I was 3 hours and 15 minutes sitting it the dentist chair...I was so long that she had to give me Novocain twice! Yikes!

The doctor called me "upside down"! never been called that before! LOL

In other words, all my numbers that should be low....(like my cholesterol, etc) are high...

and my numbers that should be high like Vitamin D, B, etc. are low...

She gave me a new prescription and I have been feeling better...so I should be back to making cards again, etc.

Take care, everyone
Blessings,
Jill
QFTD165
Old 10-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #1003
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, sorry you have been at the doctor's or the dentist's so much and for such a long time - WOW - 3 hrs and 15 min is probably a record!!!

I think when we reach a certain age, all our numbers, even if they have been good all our lives, just start to be wacky - mine too!! MY BP was up last Wednesday and the doctor wants me to come back in tomorrow morning to get it checked before he okays me for surgery next week - I can't afford to have this canceled, so please PRAY my BP is okay tomorrow!!

Glad someone gets something from my 'novels' - LOL -

Hugs and Prayers for you to get squared away with your new Rx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD from PAUSA View Post
Hi Everyone, Sorry I have not been around lately...

Greenie, I like your "novels" it helps me to catch up with what is going on with everyone...Adding you to my prayer list for the 14th.

Silly, the wedding sounds like it was beautiful! Glad everything went so well...

CA, prayers for your surgery on the 23rd...

I made a card for last week's challenge...just didn't get it posted yet...I was getting ready to post it on Sunday...then I remembered that I couldn't post on Sunday...then forgot to post...

I haven't done too much card making...spending most of time at the doctor's or dentist...Last Thursday, I was 3 hours and 15 minutes sitting it the dentist chair...I was so long that she had to give me Novocain twice! Yikes!

The doctor called me "upside down"! never been called that before! LOL

In other words, all my numbers that should be low....(like my cholesterol, etc) are high...

and my numbers that should be high like Vitamin D, B, etc. are low...

She gave me a new prescription and I have been feeling better...so I should be back to making cards again, etc.

Take care, everyone
Blessings,
Jill
Old 10-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #1004
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals! Jill, I'm so sorry that you have been feeling wacky lately! Hopefully, this new medicine will be helpful and just what you need! In my prayers!

Greenie, thanks for asking about my doctor's appointment today. He says that I need to lose weight for my numbers to be in the good ranges again. Right now I am prediabetic, even though there is no history of diabetes in my family. But, my doc is sure that if I lose even 15 pounds, my numbers will drop. So, I am on a mission. My body has been happy at a certain weight for the past year, but I need to make it happier at a lighter weight.

My dizziness is still there somewhat, but I have always been dizzy! HA!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #1005
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh BTW, Greenie, good luck with your bp......keep it down!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #1006
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Lesley, sounds like exACTLY what I have to do too - lose about 20 pounds!
Even with all the walking I am doing, I have to change certain things in my diet.
I heard that doing away with all the "whites" helps a lot, so that is what I am looking into - flour, sugar, pasta, potatoes, etc., drink LOTS of water, stay away from adding salt, and get rid of all the snacky stuff - a very hard thing for sure!! BUT, if it works, well worth it!!!

Ummm, I think all us stampers are a little bit 'dizzy' - Bwahahahahaha!

Greenie, thanks for asking about my doctor's appointment today. He says that I need to lose weight for my numbers to be in the good ranges again. Right now I am prediabetic, even though there is no history of diabetes in my family. But, my doc is sure that if I lose even 15 pounds, my numbers will drop. So, I am on a mission. My body has been happy at a certain weight for the past year, but I need to make it happier at a lighter weight.

My dizziness is still there somewhat, but I have always been dizzy! HA![/QUOTE]
Old 10-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #1007
Forum Fanatic

Hi...
It's looks like I have kindred sisters! (As Anne of Green Gables would say! LOL A favorite book of mine)

Not just in our joy in creating cards...but now with trying to keep our Numbers down...
but I also have to get some of my other numbers Up (vitamin b and d)
Lesley I am prediabetic too. Doctor wants me to lose weight, in fact, I am set up with an apointment with a dietitian next week. I visualize myself eating spinach, carrots and water.

Take care everyone,
Blessings,
Jill
QFTD165
Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #1008
Forum Fanatic

Just a quick note here from Jill typed on a very noisy computer!
Yesterday, I had the same problem, and My hubby tinkered a bit with my computer and got rid of the noise, but it's back. He's not up yet, so I'm not sure if he can fix it again or not. My computer is very OLd, (like me...smile) and he thinks it's ready to crash, He feels it's gone beyond it's life expectancy so If I'm not around for a while You'll know what happened.
Hope everyone is having a good week...
Blessings,
Jill
QFTD165
Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #1009
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Ooops, Sorry, Les, I frog-got - this Friday's challenge TSC1011 is

(drum roll, please!)

Use 2 shades of green, some lace AND/OR some ribbon, a circle AND a rectangle/square on your card - not too hard - it can be for ANY occasion too, though I am still thinking Christmas cards right now - LOL! It will be here before you know it - Halloween is upon us, can Christmas be far behind??? Tee hee hee!!!

CA, my surgery is next Monday, the 14th - won't know the time till Friday though! Thanks for your prayers, Sistahs!!
I'm going to try to work on the TSC later today.

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 10-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #1010
Proud Fan Club Member

Are we all falling apart? I am having terrible foot problems. It's nothing new but has just escalated. So painful. I go next week to have shots in my feet. That hurts just thinking about it. I have got to get some relief so hoping it helps.

Today I have washed window, walls, curtains etc. I am wiped out. But my house is lookin good. You know how it is when you deep clean one thing leads to another.

Jill sorry you are having problems and you too Lesley. Being dizzy is an awful feeling. If you want to lose weight I don't think you can beat Weight Watchers. Not because you count foods but because it is such a healthy diet. It's nutritious and balanced and really works. Good luck with the weight. My problem is sweets. I love to bake because I love to eat it!

Take care everyone.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #1011
Loves lavender roses

Oh, Silly! There's nothing like foot pain to put a damper on your day!

Lesley, I'm praying your problem will be solved quickly and easily.

Greenie, I've got you on my prayer list for that surgery on Monday! I'm glad you went through it before and know what to expect.

I will try to get to that Greenie challenge today if at all possible. I'm on #2 of 5 loads of laundry! I have to pick up the kids from school early today because one of them has a therapist appointment at 2:00. Tonight is soda night and movie night. I think we will watch "Iron Man 3".

It's my turn to present the challenge for next week. See next post. My love to all.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #1012
Loves lavender roses

Default TSC1018

TSC1018

First of all, use a border punch you haven't used in a while. Next, use brads or buttons that are NOT round. I have brads shaped like apples, and I have buttons shaped like ladybugs. Have YOU been hoarding something like that, too? That's it!

Old 10-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #1013
Watercolor Wizard

Hi gang....I am back from the wedding.....was gone 12 days and took 5 more to get rested...came home so tired, so haven't been on, and it took me almost a whole week to make a card....didn't know the challenge, and had to do one for a fellow at church....so did that...

SO GOOD TO BE HOME!!!

love and hugs to all

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 10-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #1014
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome back, Jan, so glad the wedding was so nice and you all got to be together after not seeing each other for so long!! Good luck on the "catching up" part - it will never happen - never does for any of us, when we are away!!

Asking you all for prayers on Monday - I have to be at the hospital at 6:15 in the morning, so I think I am my doctor's first knee replacement of the day - will fill you all in as soon as they discharge me - either Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks!!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #1015
Loves lavender roses

Welcome back, Jan! Greenie, we'll be praying!! Looks like tomorrow I will have to finish laundry AND do my TSC card! Got too busy today. Love to all!!

Old 10-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #1016
Die Cut Diva

So good to have all the Sistahs back on Das Bus!! CA, sounds like a great challenge! Jan I bet you've got some terrific photos to share??? Sillie, I had plantarfacitus (spelling????) and suffered for almost two years. Finally purchased some shoe inserts and wear them all the time and never walk far in shoes with no heals. Ladies, I guess you can tell from my avatar that I am a big girl; I have been a diabetic for 10 years and the sugars go up and down. Eating right (WW) and exercise helps me keep low sugars. I am a compulsive eater so it is a struggle ALL the time. Let's all support one another to get healthier!!! Speaking of supporting, Greenie, is there anything we can do to help you?? I know it is long distance but prayers are coming your way but if there is anything at all, please let us know. My BIL will be having knee replacement surgery too (23rd) and so I understand some of what you are having to do. Hopefully if you look to the end result (no pain), it will make this surgery a snap! You are on my mind all the time so I hope knowing this gives you support! Love you to pieces! Les, I hope things are improving for you as well. And of course, Love you to pieces too. Off to work on CA's challenge. Oh, btw, the pool has steel now and most of the skimmer plumbing. Now we are suppose to have chances of rain all weekend (no complaining here) so the cement/gunnit stuff may be delayed.
irishgreensue likes this post.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #1017
Stazon Splitcoast

Aww, thanks, Tater!!

The only thing I from you all is your prayers - I got the call from the hospital and have to BE at the hospital by 6:15 Monday morning!! Yikes - good thing Phyllis will be here to make sure I don't oversleep - if I can sleep at all!! Knowing what I am in for after last year, has given me direction to know what I need to do, so this knee should go a lot faster!! I am on a mission to get over this one a lot quicker and better!!! Grateful thanks for all your prayers to see me through this!!

I will probably be missing for a while on here, so I am drafting an email to send to everyone when I come home with an update, okay - at least you will know I am home then.

CA, will be thinking of you as you have your surgery on the 23rd, and Lesley , that you are doing better since seeing the doctor! Kim who had her foot amputated is doing well, so thanks for your prayers for her!

Hope everyone else is blessed with a great week!
Hi to Kathy, Shirt, Pat, Sylvia, Jill. Jan, Brat (wherever you are) and hope I did not forget anyone -
LYMI -
Greenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
So good to have all the Sistahs back on Das Bus!! CA, sounds like a great challenge! Jan I bet you've got some terrific photos to share??? Sillie, I had plantarfacitus (spelling????) and suffered for almost two years. Finally purchased some shoe inserts and wear them all the time and never walk far in shoes with no heals. Ladies, I guess you can tell from my avatar that I am a big girl; I have been a diabetic for 10 years and the sugars go up and down. Eating right (WW) and exercise helps me keep low sugars. I am a compulsive eater so it is a struggle ALL the time. Let's all support one another to get healthier!!! Speaking of supporting, Greenie, is there anything we can do to help you?? I know it is long distance but prayers are coming your way but if there is anything at all, please let us know. My BIL will be having knee replacement surgery too (23rd) and so I understand some of what you are having to do. Hopefully if you look to the end result (no pain), it will make this surgery a snap! You are on my mind all the time so I hope knowing this gives you support! Love you to pieces! Les, I hope things are improving for you as well. And of course, Love you to pieces too. Off to work on CA's challenge. Oh, btw, the pool has steel now and most of the skimmer plumbing. Now we are suppose to have chances of rain all weekend (no complaining here) so the cement/gunnit stuff may be delayed.

Last edited by irishgreensue; 10-12-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #1018
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Heart The Green One

Sistahs, so sorry to be absent, my hands limit me. I can still do everything, but not for long! Typing is one fingered, and cards are done 20 mins at a time, over 2-4 days! Ai yi yi! Just a note to let you know the power of prayer. Greenie started texting me an hour ago! Lol....the Energizer Bunny got her new knee in an hour and a half! She sounds great.

The power of prayer, my friends! Last night I prayed for the Green One as I went to sleep, and for her team at the hosp as well. He is alive. He hears our cries. Great is our God!

Sending love to each one of you, and hope to be back in the saddle soon.
LYMI
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Marleygo likes this post.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #1019
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Default Checking in....

Here she is, with DD Mary in tote! greenie-mary.jpg
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Marleygo likes this post.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #1020
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone hear from Greenie??? I've been praying for her!

Question......if you offer someone something, do you ever offer in the hopes that they don't take you up on your offer? Someone offered me something this past few weeks and when I finally took them up on their offer, they told someone else that they never thought I would take them up it and they were really surprised and kinda taken aback. They really didn't want me to do what they offered.

I got really upset at this cuz I don't make offers lightly. I thought this person and I had a better relationship than this. I get so disappointed in people anymore. My trust zone is really narrowing!!! Oh well.....live and learn!

Hugs to you all!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #1021
Proud Fan Club Member

Lesley I can't imagine someone doing that. It's odd. If you don't want to do something don't offer! Sorry she hurt your feelings.
CA what surgery are you having on the 23rd? I've missed it.
Pat I'm sorry your hands are still so bad. That has got to be miserable. You use your hands for everything and you are a creative person to boot.
Jill hope your good levels are up and your poor ones down.
Tater I eat for no reason at all. I don't know when I got that way. So I can sure relate about that. I am a sugar aholic.
Shirt is your weather getting cold? It is here. It got up to 62 for a short time today but the wind made it cold. Next week we are to have highs in the 30's! I'm not ready for that.
Jan glad you enjoyed your dgd wedding. I sure enjoyed my dgd's nuptials. They grow up so fast.
Well I had cortisone shots in my feet this last Monday. OUCH!!! Greenie has had them in her knees and I know that had to be painful. The doc said I have spurs and getting past them is painful. It was such a weird feeling. I think it's helping a little but can't tell a big difference yet.
I took a class at my LSS last night. I don't know what the technique was called but we used plastic paper. It looks like regular paper but very slick. Then used alcohol inks and 91% rubbing alcohol. It was fun. Not something I would do much of but kind of cool. The paper is expensive. 2.00 a sheet or 28.00 for a whole pack. To me that's high. Especially when it's all trial and error.
Greenie I am so glad you got home and things are good. I know you are in a lot of pain but hopefully that will pass soon. Keeping you wrapped in prayer.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #1022
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly...I would love to see what you made at the LSS workshop. That sounds interesting. Would you try to post a picture of your card? How is the back? I can't imagine injections in my feet......OUCH! Poor girl! Hope this helps!

Jan.......would you like to issue a challenge for 10/25? Glad you had a great time at the wedding!

CA....you are being prayed up for your surgery. Gotcha covered, dear friend! Sending hugs!

Greenie.....glad to hear that you are doing ok.....take it easy, Oh Green One! Listen to Phyllis!

Jill.....you doing ok? Did you get to the York stamp show last weekend? I went on Saturday with my girlfriend Debbie. I think you met her at Valley Forge one time. We had a blast and got some new toys. It is such a fun GIRL day when we go to these things.

Wendy.....haven't heard from you in a while......Come back to visit us on da bus soon, OK? Missing you!

Kathy.... Miss you, girlfriend! I see you in the gallery.....please try to stop by da bus soon, too, OK?

Pat....Praying you up too! I feel the pain that you have in your hands....it is awful! Praying for God's healing for you!

Shirt.....I MISS YOU!!! Da bus needs a driver! How is Mr. Shirt? How are all the furbabies? Drop in soon so da bus doesn't veer off course!!! CA has your halo nice and shiny!!

Tater....I'll be in Texas 10/31-11/5. Can I come for a swim? heehee! Hugs to you, GF! I'll be in Corpus Christi for my step-son's wedding.....flying into San Antonio. How close will I be to you?

Brat.....where are you, GF? I know you are one busy Momma! Hope you can stop in for a latte soon!

Hugs to you all....I <3 you!!!
Blooms in a Box likes this post.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #1023
Stazon Splitcoast

WOW...I think Greenie is rubbing off on me.....I just typed a novel! LOL!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #1024
Loves lavender roses

Thanks for the prayers about my surgery. It has been postponed, so no surgery next Wednesday! I'm glad because I just had three teeth extracted yesterday and a partial put in right away. Am I ever swollen!! My upper lip looks like somebody else's!!! My gums are swollen under the partial and I can't get it off!! It's tough to get old!!! I'm going to go through McDonald's drive thru and get dinner for everyone so I don't have to cook. It's supposed to be movie night and soda night. I think I'll just look through my stash for a movie. I don't want to get out of my truck to go to RedBox! LOL! I'm still in my p.j.s!!! Enough of my whining; gotta go!

Old 10-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #1025
Proud Fan Club Member

CA...ouch! Sounds like you could just use a little quiet time for yourself. Hope your mouth gets better quickly.

Lesley my back is doing wonderful. I am definitely a success story. It gets tired easy but then my whole body does. I feel so much better since I had that surgery. It sure was a tough one to go through. Glad it's all behind me. Corpus Christi is so pretty. I love Texas. You have fun at that wedding.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #1026
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, Sistahs, I am baa-aack!! Pat, thanks for postiing Mary's picture but I sure Hope you don't think I have acquired a double chin - Mary told me to put my head down and look straight into her phone camera and that is what it looks like!! Yikes!!

Saw that CA's surgery got cancelled, but the tooth extractions sure don't sound like fun with all that swelling - hope you are feeling better soon, CA!!

Lesley - sorry that someone hurt your feeliings like that - can't believe that someone would do that and then back down!! Hope you are doing better - did you get some good news from your doctor and are you following thru and taking care of yourself??

Silly, hope those shots were not too bad - I know they can be painful, but hope they are now starting to help - getting old is sure not the party we hoped it would be, is it??

Tater - thanks for keeping up with the prayers - hope the rain stopped long enough for them to finish up more of your pool - wouldn't it be cool if you got to see Les on her visit there for the wedding??

Here is an update for y'all, thanks to your wonderful prayers!!

Thanking you with all my heart for your prayers over the past week - I am doing a LOT better than last year - came home on Friday after lunch and been doing my exercises, and getting around the house okay, not setting any speed records, but I am up and doing things, not just sitting in a recliner or laying on the couch like I did last year for the first few weeks!!

The PT nurse who came out on Friday said I was doing very well and already am moving in the right direction with my bending and straightening of my knee - the latter being my most important focus after last year. Phyllis had a family emergency pop up yesterday - her youngest is bi-polar and crashed and she was with him and took him to the hospital where he finally agreed to be admitted for a few days - very upsetting for her, but seems to be getting taken care of now - she leaves to go home tomorrow, but will be back to take me back for my doctor's followup visit to have the stitches removed on the 29th. I will have the first 4 weeks of PT at home and then 7-8 weeks of outpatient PT following which I will be working hard to get all the motion I can get back to normal!

Love to everyone else, I can't sit here comfortably too long on the computer, so this is going to have to be a shorter version of my usual Greenie novella!! LOL

Love and Hugs to all my Sistahs - hope to be back regular soon!
Blooms in a Box and Marleygo like this post.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #1027
Forum Fanatic

Greenie!!! Yea!!! You're back!
And you are a wonder woman the way you came through surgery with flying colors!!!
(yes, I know there was discomfort and work involved to get to that point!!!)

Lesley, I did NOT get to go to York...I wish...but I did get a craft fix this past week. And yes, I do remember meeting your nice friend, Debbie, at the stamp show in King of Prussia.

My craft fix is that I got to go the craft store in Ephrata and see the lovely Lurene again, A really nice lady. I also got to go to "Pages in Time" up in Lancaster. (My first time in the shop...It's very nice...Hope to get back again)

Jim and I went away for an overnight stay in Lancaster. We felt something was missing with our special Anniversary. We had a nice dinner on the actual day of our anniversary, but it sort of had the excitement as a night at a fast food chain. If you know what I mean.

so on complete impulse we went to Lancaster and stayed overnight at a B & B that we had stayed at many years ago. When hubby and I tied the knot, we eloped and spent our very short Honeymoon...just one night in Lancaster (he had to be back at base, and I had to be back at work)...so that's why we went back to Beautiful Lancaster. This short trip made us feel like we went full circle, and felt like our Anniversary was more complete. The weather was a perfect Autumn day, and visit to the B & B very nice with a great breakfast.

CA, having spent almost 3 1/2 hours in the dentist chair last week and two hours this week...I feel for you. I could think of lots of other ways I would rather spend my time...smile.

Silly, so happy for you that your back surgery is healing so well...That's really good news!

Tater, glad your pool work is coming along...that's always been a dream of mine...because I very seldom get the chance to go for a swim...(even though I don't know how to swim...LOL) Never really had a place to learn...

Jan, glad you're back and that the wedding went well...I bet it was lovely.

Pat, you're in my prayers...

Hope everyone has a great weekend, You too Shirt, Brat, Kathy, Hope I didn't miss anyone...

Blessings to you all,
Jill
QFTD165
Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #1028
Proud Fan Club Member

Greenie so glad you are doing well. You know what to expect this time around and I'm sure that is a big help.

Jill your evening out sounds very nice. I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

Pat praying for those hands. Did they do surgery on one or both?

Making myself some fried rice. I have been eating that like it's going out of style lately.

Everyone take care.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #1029
Die Cut Diva

Hello Sistahs!!! I have my card made for CA's challenge but am having a heck of a time getting it posted!!!! Grrrr. Who's up for the next challenge? Is it me? The pool is coming along; have tile in and part of the rock deck done. Can't wait to show y
all the finished product!!! Les, San Antonio is an hour away from me; Corpus is 3 hours away. Enjoy the wedding and then go to Padre Island for some fun in the Sun!!! Greenie so proud of your progress!!!! Jan, have things settle down for you yet? CA, I am such a sissy when it comes to dental stuff. I wouldn't have even been able to drive after something like what you just had done!!! Quick recovery! Sillie, I LOVE FRIED RICE too. When I make it myself. Don't care much for it in the restaurants because it is always too salty. Shirt, Pat and other Jan, Twisted wishes coming your way. Don't give up on me getting my card posted.......I shall over come!!!!
Old 10-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #1030
Stazon Splitcoast

Tater...good to see ya darling! I'm waiting to see if Jan drops by the bus to give the challenge. If not by Tuesday, I will issue one, k? Love ya, gal!
Old 10-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #1031
Stazon Splitcoast

Default TSC1025 challenge

Hey gals! For the TSC1025, I say we make a card with red on it (either paper or ink) and have some sparkle on it. Easy enough?
Old 10-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #1032
Proud Fan Club Member

It's a cold but pretty fall day here. I just looked out my living room window and my lawn is littered with yellow jewels. Right now the leaves from my maple trees are all yellow. Today it looks beautiful but by tomorrow they will be dried and ugly looking. The land across the road from me has all kinds of hard maples on it. There are bright red, orange, purple and yellow with varying shades of green. It's been sunny but the clouds have overtaken the sky. It got up to 42 here today. We had our first hard freeze last night.
I have swiss steak simmering on the stove along with green beans and we are having mashed potatoes and rolls are rising. I have the topping done for an Apple Crisp. I went to the orchard and got a big bag of Jonathan apples. My favorite for cooking. I'll top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and call it a feast. My nesting instincts are kicking in today. I spent the morning working in the house then we went to the senior center where my daughter works for chef salads.
A card with red and sparkle? I can handle that. In fact I am going to go downstairs and play. I have gotten so many Christmas dies. I'm cutting myself off! I have to quit buying card stuff. I've hardly done any creating the last three months. Summer and life took over. Lesley I posted a card I made with that Yupo. The night of the class we didn't make anything. Just learned how to try to work with this stuff. It takes a little more artistic ability than I have I think. The lady giving the class said just have fun with it. Easier said than done.
Greenie hope you are doing good. I think about you everyday and you're in my prayers.
CA dental stuff? Yuck. I don't mind the dentist buy I keep up with my teeth. I am a stickler about it. It's so darned expensive. Legalized highway robbery but you have to have the work done. Years ago I had to have so much dental work done because in my younger years I really did not take care of my teeth properly.
Tater I would love to have a pool but my husband is not a water person.
Pat I sure hope they take care of your hands pronto. Praying about that.
Everyone have a great evening.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #1033
Stazon Splitcoast

Little bit of an update -
this first couple of weeks is hard to bend and stretch the leg, and it is kind of restless and doesn't let me get good solid sleep - but I take naps when I need to and am trying my best to get thru this -just need a little patience and some restfulness for my legs - i have been walking around the house a lot just to shake it out when they start to ache a little - Phyllis went home on Sunday and won't be back till next Monday when I have to go get the staples out on Tuesday, so that will help to have some company too. Trying to get motivated to make crds or do some scrapbookiing - so far nothing!!

Thanks again for the prayers!! Hope everyone here is doing okay - I am praying!!
Hugs,
Sue
Old 10-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #1034
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh SuzieQ...I can only imagine how restless you must be to get through these first couple of weeks. Is anyone coming in to help you while Phyllis is away? I'd be playing on my laptop all day as long as someone propped me up properly! Heehee! Praying you up, sistah!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #1035
Stazon Splitcoast

Nope, Lesley, I am on my own pretty much all day, so I have to get started doing some cards or something to stay sane!!! Climbing the walls with some cabin fever, I guess you could say!! What I don't need to be doing is sitting all day - I am up and down all day long so the knee stays moving!

Thanks for all those wonderful prayers- I know that is what is getting me thru this !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Oh SuzieQ...I can only imagine how restless you must be to get through these first couple of weeks. Is anyone coming in to help you while Phyllis is away? I'd be playing on my laptop all day as long as someone propped me up properly! Heehee! Praying you up, sistah!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #1036
Loves lavender roses

Sorry I haven't been around much, but you know how life can be. DeAnna went into OR about an hour ago for her breast reconstruction surgery. Doc told my SIL that it will be about 8 hours. He will be able to see her about 8:00 p.m. tonight (PST). They are in San Francisco. I don't know what he will be doing all day besides worrying. I'm praying for both of them. Your continued prayers are appreciated!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #1037
Stazon Splitcoast

Right on it, right now, CA - Prayers flooding out to DeAnna, her DH, the kids, and her doctor that everything goes smoothly! you know our Father always hears our prayers !!!

Love and Hugs to you - hope all is well with you and your Mom and the "gang"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
Sorry I haven't been around much, but you know how life can be. DeAnna went into OR about an hour ago for her breast reconstruction surgery. Doc told my SIL that it will be about 8 hours. He will be able to see her about 8:00 p.m. tonight (PST). They are in San Francisco. I don't know what he will be doing all day besides worrying. I'm praying for both of them. Your continued prayers are appreciated!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #1038
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Right on it, right now, CA - Prayers flooding out to DeAnna, her DH, the kids, and her doctor that everything goes smoothly! you know our Father always hears our prayers !!!

Love and Hugs to you - hope all is well with you and your Mom and the "gang"!!
Thank you, Greenie! A little less than an hour ago there was word from the OR: All is going well and as planned.

Blooms in a Box and Marleygo like this post.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #1039
Loves lavender roses

About an hour ago, my SIL posted: "9.5 hours, no updates since the last one.

About a half hour ago, he said: From the OR: "Still working, no update on time." Then he said "She's a tough lady!"

I pray there's no complications! It's been 10.5 hours now! Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #1040
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
About an hour ago, my SIL posted: "9.5 hours, no updates since the last one.

About a half hour ago, he said: From the OR: "Still working, no update on time." Then he said "She's a tough lady!"

I pray there's no complications! It's been 10.5 hours now! Thanks for letting me vent.
CA...I'm praying right now!!!