Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree478Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #961
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Checking in... Having trouble getting around on Splitcoast. I'm getting messages from my virus and Malware protection programs. When I try to get into the gallery for the latest sketch, I'm blocked because it says there's third party malware. Sheesh! Congrats to Jan on the upcoming wedding of your DGD! Jill, so sorry to hear of your fall! Hope you're doing OK now. Love to all! Happy Hump Day!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #962
Forum Fanatic

Thanks Carol...I leave Monday...for 11 days......but she has a computer, so will beep in....

ss no cards.....will when I get back...

Hugs to all!!

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #963
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
Checking in... Having trouble getting around on Splitcoast. I'm getting messages from my virus and Malware protection programs. When I try to get into the gallery for the latest sketch, I'm blocked because it says there's third party malware. Sheesh! Congrats to Jan on the upcoming wedding of your DGD! Jill, so sorry to hear of your fall! Hope you're doing OK now. Love to all! Happy Hump Day!

I got those messages, too.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #964

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD from PAUSA View Post
Lesley, You are so right! I'm clumsy. It kind reminds you how things could change in just an instant. Like everyone else I have a fear of falling and breaking something, but In my home it would be made even more difficult...because even though my house is small it has lots and lots of steps.

Jan, Congrats on your granddaughter's up and coming wedding. Hope all goes well.

And Jan, I know what you mean about trying to keep up with the challenges. It's difficult! And Sue, last night I really tried to do your sketch challenge...but my card for my hubby, insisted in going in another direction...LOL! Sketch challenges for some reason are very difficult for me. I hope to start on my inchie card today.

Take care everyone! (and don't be a klutz lik me!) smile

Blessings,
Jill
Glad you are okay.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Oh Clumsy Jill........All I can say is, "OUCH"!!!! I know that hurts! Please take care and have the hubster give you a massage and run you a warm bath!
I might fall just to see my dh do that for me. LOL

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 09-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #966

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Thanks Carol...I leave Monday...for 11 days......but she has a computer, so will beep in....

ss no cards.....will when I get back...

Hugs to all!!
Have a great time, Thelma Lou and don't worry about cards. Do all the fun stuff.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 09-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #967
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, have a great time at your DGD's wedding - It will be so much fun to get the family and friends all together for such a joyful occasion!

I am just trying to keep up with all that life has been throwing at me - including BD cards that HAVE to go out - Brat - your BD card is going to be a bit late, but will still have lots of love attached! It's coming, so watch your mailbox next week!

To all my Sistahs - sorry I have not been here much - there is just too much going on - will keep up with the cards as best I can - trying to make sure everything is done before my surgery, including the club and card classes, which means I have to be AHEAD of myself!! Yikes!!

Thinking of and Praying for all of you and those you love!!
Old 09-20-2013, 03:56 AM   #968
Die Cut Diva

I'm glad I am not the only one with a bunch of stuff going on. Not bad, just busy!!! So here is the challenge for TSC0927. Leafs!!! Everywhere!!!! We are on the threshold of my favorite time of year, Autumn and what better way to celebrate than making a card featuring something that is around in the Fall. So make a card with leafs but you get extra points if you make the leafs the main focal point and do not include a tree. And of course, NO P I N K!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:51 PM   #969
Proud Fan Club Member

Just wanted to pop in to say hello to everyone and wish Terri aka Brat a very happy Birthday today~hugs
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 09-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #970
Proud Fan Club Member

Also wanted to thank Shirt and Sue for sending Christopher a birthday card...he loved it.
He went last wednesday for an mri and met with the doctors and no sign of any regrowth of that tumor...yay!
Thanks again for thinking of him...happy Sunday!
temporary design team for Bugaboo
Old 09-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #971
Forum Fanatic

Happy Birthday Terri....Yahhhhhh have a good one!!!

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 09-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #972
Loves lavender roses

Checking in. Lots of appointments this week except for today. I took advantage of a day with no appointments and made my card for Tater's challenge. I have so much to do the next few days, so I went ahead and posted it. I hope it's OK. Happy Birthday to Brat Girl, and Perk, I'm sorry I missed the birthday! I'm in trouble with all my grandkids because I either missed sending cards to them or was late! I just don't have the time I used to for crafting! I know you and your son will forgive me. My love to all!

Old 09-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #973
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs my twisted ones! Life doesn't seem to be slowing down......I wanna get off the Merry-Go-Round and just BE for a little while! LOL!

The Hubster's two older children, Marky and Laura, are driving us NUTS!!! Every day, there is some immediate crisis! Can you say DRAMA????? Wow....it sure is draining!

Anyway, wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing. I have a Christmas Card stamp club coming up on Saturday, sponsored by CTMH. Looking forward to time for me!

Hey, has anyone heard anything about Creative Memories filing bankruptcy?

I pray for everyone here daily! I love you all!!!! HUGS.........from the crazy lady!
<----------That's me! LOL!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #974
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi from the other CRAZY LADY here -

Sorry the kids are driving you both nuts!! YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE DRAMA IN YOUR LIFE - day by day we get enough of our own.

I am trying to squeeze in as much as possible before my knee surgery on Oct 14th. Just realized I got to get busy making the card for Tater's challenge for this Friday, and we are going to need a new challenge list - Tater's was the last one on the current list!!

I am getting ready for an all day crop this Sat and a WEEKEND one next weekend. Can't wait and hope to get all caught up with both the boys and start on MY scrapbook of my roots - made Shuterfly books for my sibling for Christmas, but MINE is going to be a SCRAPBOOK version of theirs - an heirloom I hope to pass down to my kids and grandkids!! I still have to do one of my trip to CA more than 2 years ago. And finish the journaling in my little one from Sylvia from Strawfest 2012 (got the pictures all together but need to put finishing touches on that)

Hope everyone is having the nice weather we are getting here - crisp, cool nights and mornings (great for walking) and comfortable temps during the day!

Keeping everyone wrapped up in prayers for all your needs!
LYMI !

Quote:
Hugs my twisted ones! Life doesn't seem to be slowing down......I wanna get off the Merry-Go-Round and just BE for a little while! LOL!

The Hubster's two older children, Marky and Laura, are driving us NUTS!!! Every day, there is some immediate crisis! Can you say DRAMA????? Wow....it sure is draining!

Anyway, wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing. I have a Christmas Card stamp club coming up on Saturday, sponsored by CTMH. Looking forward to time for me!

Hey, has anyone heard anything about Creative Memories filing bankruptcy?

I pray for everyone here daily! I love you all!!!! HUGS.........from the crazy lady!
<----------That's me! LOL!
Old 09-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #975
Stazon Splitcoast

Default October TSC Challenges

Here is the Challenge list for October:

Oct 5 - Silly
Oct 12 - Jan
Oct 19 - CA
Oct 26 - Lesley
Old 09-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #976
Die Cut Diva

Hi Sistahs!!! I am not going to offer apologies for not posting; I am having trouble figuring out this new laptop but one of these days, I'll surprise myself and get something posted. I made a card for my own challenge but cannot for the life of me get it to post on SC!!! All goes well here; there is a big hole in my yard where I hope to have a swimming pool in a few short weeks. NOISEY!!! They are having to use a ram to break through a whole lot of rock! Looking forward to jumping in!!! Wishing all the best for all my Sistahs!!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #977
Stazon Splitcoast

Tater...I say just fill the big hole in with water and jump in now! heehee! I wanna see pictures when all is said and done, k?

Hiya, my sistahs! Da bus has sure been quiet. Are y'all snoozing in your seats? Guess I need to crank up this hot chocolate machine and get this party started! Let me hear a "Yee-Haw"! Driver, crank up the chicken kicking music and let's par-tay!
Blooms in a Box likes this post.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #978
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Silly....it's your turn to isse a challenge for Friday. Watcha gonna have us do?
Old 10-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #979
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Tater...I say just fill the big hole in with water and jump in now! heehee! I wanna see pictures when all is said and done, k?

Hiya, my sistahs! Da bus has sure been quiet. Are y'all snoozing in your seats? Guess I need to crank up this hot chocolate machine and get this party started! Let me hear a "Yee-Haw"! Driver, crank up the chicken kicking music and let's par-tay!

Hot chocolate???? Yay!!!!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:03 AM   #980
Stazon Splitcoast

Here it comes - a "novel" from Greenie!!

Tater - just take pictures of the "before" and "after" - we are excited for you!!!!
As far as the the new uploading with the laptop - SCS has a new upload 'procedure' - if you can open the file where you keep the pictures of your cards, and you open another window for the "UPLOAD", you can drag and drop it into the box and then on the next part, you fill in all the info like you normally do! It is really easier than the old way!!

Sorry I have been MIA so much - was scrapbooking all day on Saturday - I brought in all my stuff on Sat night and left it RIGHT INSIDE THE DOOR!! Took me till Sunday PM to start putting stuff away, and now I have to pack up AGAIN for this weekend - Friday to Sunday crop up in the Poconos - this is the first time I have ever gone on a weekend one - a daunting task to get everything ready, but I will only take the book of my family and finish off the one from Sylvia for Strawfest last year, and then spend the rest of the time coloring images and/or doing Christmas cards! (Ha, like I'm going to get to that!)

Yesterday was at the hospital for pre admission tests, had Gavin after school, took KIM for a walk in her wheelchair - she is the one I asked you all to pray for when she got her foot amputated - she is doing so much better now, so thanks for all those prayers!! Then I took my walking buddy, Maria, to the grocery store. Needless to say, I was in bed early last night!!!

Les, I think I need something more than hot chocolate - still too warm out for that, so I will settle for one of Brat's fat free CALORIE FREE lattes to get a little bit of caffeine!! Is that machine still running??? Oh, are you going to the Heirloom show in York on Oct 12-13th? I am not too sure I will be able to make it - have to see how things are next week!! If I am all caught up and can get a ride with someone - MAYBE!!

Shirt, was good to see you checking in with us on the bus - I know things are crazy busy at your house, but it is always good to see you here, just wish it could be more often! Please take care of yourself and do not overdo!!!

CA, the hot chocolate is all yours - I need more caffeine than that - it will help you keep up with all the kids - hope everyone is feeling better this week, you sure have your hands full, yet I do see you in the gallery, so you are getting a little break to play sometime!

Jill, sounds like you are MORE than having a time - hope you do not have any after effects from your fall and are back to doing everything you love (making cards) LOL
I think we have to slow down - instead of running everywhere, we have to watch where we are going, to avoid falls like that - you can be sore for DAYS after a nasty trip! BE CAREFUL!!

Pat, Braticus, Sylvia and Kathy, not seeing much from you guys, but I understand how busy life gets and we do have priorities to handle first. Hope all is well and you are all feeling okay, if not overwhelmed by all that life throws at you!! Try to keep in touch, okay?

Jan is at her DGD's wedding and partying with family, so I know that is why she is not here.

Hoping I did not forget anyone, but I am keeping you all wrapped in prayers for your needs and those of the ones you love.
LYMI
JD from PAUSA likes this post.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #981
Die Cut Diva

Do we have a challenge for 1004? I actually might be able to get to this one!!!! Sue, I am thinking of you and your upcoming surgery. Les, the kids will survive; sometimes the drama tires them out too. Hope Jan is having a wonderful time her DGD wedding. CA and Shirt, wishing nothing but the best for y'all too! Silly, have you recovered from your tumble?? We just don't bounce like we used to!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #982
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Here is the Challenge list for October:

Oct 5 - Silly
Oct 12 - Jan
Oct 19 - CA
Oct 26 - Lesley
I think the dates are actually October 4, 11, 18 and 25, but Silly is still up, regardless!!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #983
Proud Fan Club Member

I am so sorry ladies. I have been so absent from here that I did not realize it was my turn for the challenge.

Let's make a Christmas card. It is October so we must be getting busy with them.

I have been so busy I haven't even made a card for quite sometime. Our bathroom is all but finished. Now he is working on the linen closet so my house is still a disaster area. Getting closer to being done though.
This weekend is my granddaughter's wedding. She is so excited.
Keeping everyone in my prayers. I think of you all even though I haven't been on here much. Things are about to get back to normal in my life and I'll be back playing along again and posting. Hugs to all.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #984
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the Christmas card "push", Sylvia - I need to get moving on them, for sure!!
Have fun at your DGD's wedding (I know you will).

Bet you can't wait for things to return to normal (whatever that is!) I will be away all weekend at the crop, so will try to post what I need to before I go on Friday morning!

Hugs and Prayers to everyone!!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #985
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Silly, for the challenge! Hugs to you, dahling!!! Enjoy the wedding!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #986
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh I am so glad to be back to my messy home. The wedding was beautiful. My husband gave my granddaughter away and at the reception she had the dj play Grandpa by the Judds to dance to with him. Awww it was so sweet. She looked beautiful. My great niece who is 3 saw Josi and said, "look Mom a princess." That was so cute. Anyway it was all beautiful. I'll post a few pictures when I see what I have.
Thanks for playing in the challenge this last week.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #987
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly, so glad that you had such a wonderful time! I'm sure many happy tears were shed! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Had a great weekend with the hubster. I ended up in the ER last Tuesday morning. I was working and had some chest discomfort and a bad headache. I ended up spending the evening and next day in our fine facility being a patient. I had a stress test and an echocardiogram done and all was pretty normal. The nitro that they gave me along with the Morphine really took my blood pressure way, way down, but all is well now. So, I really needed to get away with the hubster this weekend....just him and I. No stress! I absolutely love that man!!!!!

anyway, just wanted you all to know why I haven't been on as much. I have a doc's appt. on Tuesday to discuss some of my health issues. This is not what I had planned for my week! LOL!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #988
Stazon Splitcoast

CA....you are so right about the dates for October! Don't know what is wrong with me! I seem to always choose the wrong dates......DUH! Sorry, gals!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #989
Loves lavender roses

Oh, Silly! It sounds like the wedding was just beautiful!! You've been so busy!! Wow!! Glad you're back to your "messy" house!!!

Lesley, I'm so glad you're OK! I'm going to keep you in the "special prayers" list!!! That must have been quite a scare! I'm happy that you have your hubby to "get away" with! Bless your heart!

I will be having surgery, AGAIN, on the 23rd. Please pray that all goes well. This is my 3rd surgery in less than a year! Yikes! Am I getting old or what! Shirt, I think I've finally passed you by!!! LOL! I have lots to arrange for the day of surgery: My mom, the kids getting breakfast and getting to school, etc. It can be difficult at times. I can't just go and have surgery without finding five more people to take my place!!! LOL! I love you all and keep you all in my prayers!

Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #990
Stazon Splitcoast

CA....how do you do it?????? You are spread so thin!!!! I worry about you! I will be keeping you in my prayers.....along with Greenie for her surgery also.

Hugging you, my dear, dear cyber friend!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:28 AM   #991
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, trying to get caught up after my scrapbooking weekend - got a lot done - finished up my Strawfest book, got 15 pages done for the DGS's and also got some Christmas cards made - now to get everything done here before next Monday's knee surgery!!

Sylvia - the wedding sounds like everything was beyond beautiful - how sweet for Jerry to walk her down the aisle and to have the DJ play a special song for them to dance to - so cute that your 3 yr old great niece thought Josi was a princess!! Can't wait to see some pictures of y'all at the wedding!! Well, now you can relax and catch up with things at home - I know how busy you were helping her get everything done. Back to reality now, huh? (grins) Oh, I was praying for your trip and tumble from last week but forgot to post it in my "novel" before the weekend - didn't forget the prayers for you though!!!

CA, will be thinking and praying for this surgery now for you - I can only imagine the hassle of finding enough help to cover all your bases - you amaze me with all you do in a normal day. WHat is the surgery for this time?? Three times in a year is a lot, even for outpatient, because you still have to recuperate each time, and with your brood, that is a huge handful!

Lesley, oh my word, Sissy, I can't even think how worried I would have been with having all that going on last week!! Just glad everything was under control and you are following up with your doctor with the test results - I sure hope you are okay now!!! A quiet weekend with Mark was probably what your doctor would have ordered anyway, so praying all is well now!! Keep us posted here, okay?

Tater, did they get your pool in yet? Guess you wont get too much use from it this year, but it will be great next year!!! Thanks for the prayers - bet that is what is keeping me calm awaiting the new knee!! (smiling)

Shirt - I see you are still keeping up with the umpteen challenges and still jumping on the bus when you have time. Great cards you have been posting too, with lots of cool layouts, papers and embellies - so much inspiration and for that, I thank you - it always helps - especially since I need to come up with 2 cards this week for Hostess club!! Hope all is well with your fur babies and they are all behaving!

Guess Jan will be home soon from her DGD's wedding - hope she has some pictures to share and fond memories of getting to spend time with her DD too!

OK, still keeping all my Sistahs in prayers - especially the ones who have not had a chance to stop by the bus lately- Kathy, Pat, Brat, Jill, and everyone else too

LYMI
Old 10-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #992
Loves lavender roses

Check in time again! Lesley, thank you for your concern and know that you are in my prayers. Greenie, same goes for you. When is YOUR surgery? I've been praying about that, you know. Tater, do you have that pool yet, or just a big hole??? I had a pool built many years ago. It took a long time. It was in Southern California around this time of year, and it decided to rain and rain! LOL! What a mess that was! I'm sure yours will go much more smoothly!!! Now, you gals don't have to worry about me; I have things under control! LOL! The surgery is just a bit of a stumbling block. They switched it from the 30th to the 23rd so that I'll be OK for any Halloween festivities with the kids! I thought that was very thoughtful of them. Blessings to all and much love and prayers!!

Old 10-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #993
Loves lavender roses

Greenie, how's Shirt doing? I've had her on my mind lately. I figured you'd know.

Old 10-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #994
Stazon Splitcoast

Greenie....You had mentioned that you would take Jan's place in issuing the challenge this week. Would you still do that for me?

Thanks, dah-ling!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #995
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooops, Sorry, Les, I frog-got - this Friday's challenge TSC1011 is

(drum roll, please!)

Use 2 shades of green, some lace AND/OR some ribbon, a circle AND a rectangle/square on your card - not too hard - it can be for ANY occasion too, though I am still thinking Christmas cards right now - LOL! It will be here before you know it - Halloween is upon us, can Christmas be far behind??? Tee hee hee!!!

CA, my surgery is next Monday, the 14th - won't know the time till Friday though! Thanks for your prayers, Sistahs!!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #996
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks, Greenie!!! I knew you would come through for me! This sounds interesting!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #997
Stazon Splitcoast

Les, how ya feeling this week, Sissy?? Hope there is nothing serious for the doctor to discuss, maybe just changing something in your diet or something small like that!!

Praying for your Doc Appt. - have fun with the challenge!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #998
Loves lavender roses

Good morning everyone! I just got an email from Northridge Publishing (don't know how I got on their mailing list), and it is titled, "World's First Embellishment Kit Club." I had to laugh! Based on what I saw in one kit, I have enough stuff to make about 100 kits myself! Maybe more!! LOL!

Marleygo likes this post.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:38 AM   #999
Stazon Splitcoast

Mornin', CA, - haven't seen that one yet, but I am sure I could make at LEAST 100 kits too!! A club like that is for BEGINNERS, we, who have been doing this for awhile, have enough to stock a small store!!
Old 10-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #1000
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Mornin', CA, - haven't seen that one yet, but I am sure I could make at LEAST 100 kits too!! A club like that is for BEGINNERS, we, who have been doing this for awhile, have enough to stock a small store!!
I checked a little further, and these kits are $34.99!!! Sheesh! They don't say anything about S/H either! Yes, you'd have to be a beginner to want something like these, that's for sure. You're right; we DO have enough to stock a small store! LOL!