Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree337Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 05:19 AM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

It'sokay, darlin'! It just helps me celebrate a little longer! Heehee! This is the last time I will EVER see the number 54 associated with my name!!!! I'll have my cryfest today and then I'll be really ready to celebrate tomorrow! :P
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #42
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow everyone is chatty! CA you have special daughters.
Tater glad you will have time with Gunner.
Brat you need to have that extreme tiredness checked out. It does sound like your thyroid. That's how I get when mine gets out of whack. I take meds for it. Its slow.
Lesley I'm so glad you got to see Justin! I bet he is anxious to get out of there. I would be. Double nickels uh? Not so bad sisser! Better than the alternative for sure.
Greenie thanks for your help today. Jan, Jill, Wendy, Kathy, Shirt and Pat be good and if you can't be good be safe! If I fergot anyone I's sorry.
Everyone have a good night.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #43
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat Cards View Post
I sure do hope there is a new espresso machine on this thang!

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for the new bus Shirt! Am I a Junior or a Senior on this bus? I need some street/bus cred Sistah! (I'm not sure why...)

Sylvia, thanks for such sweet words! It's good to know someone "gets" me.

CA! Yikes! I hope you are all better very soon. I am praying for your daughter's recovery as well. That has to be hard for a mom to watch.

I am SO stinkin' tired ALL the time. I can do the treadmill at 3.1 inclining from 4 all the way to 8 for 45 to 55 minutes and I'm not tired from the physical activity. I just still tired as in sleepy! So, I am doing over two miles a night. I thought you are supposed to get energy from exercise! All I get is sweat. I HATE sweating. Since I'm a night person, I exercise at night while the kids are in bed cuz I work during the day. I don't mind doing the actual work on it. I read my Kindle on big font or I watch a show. I just don't like changing my clothes 2 -3 times a day and showering twice. No matter what I do, I am sleepy!

You gals all sound like you are such fabulous cooks. It would be hard not to want to eat. My kids are picky so I am not exactly looking forward to the same ol' same ol' at meal times. Plus, no matter what I do, my cholesterol is HIGH!

I always hear how wonderful Weight Watchers is. I have not tried it. I have had to be on a diabetic diet (gestational diabetes), and low fat diet for cholesterol. They both worked for me. I did not have a choice to be on them, so that is part of it. The regular intervals diabetics use and the cutting out completely of anything with trans fats and the severely reducing any saturated fats really works. I am small now, but I have not always been. I got discouraged in September when my blood tests came back bad again. So, I ate some things over the holidays that I would not normally do. Yes, this was counter productive and pouty of me. I am now two sizes bigger. Therefore, we used Christmas money to buy the treadmill.

Does anyone have any advice for energy? I can sleep in (like I did today) and STILL be tired! I just want to take a nap!

Anyway, if you all could take your fabulous recipes and "health-i-fy" them it might be more fun and challenging since you enjoy cooking. (Then you can email them to ME!) No selfishness here...

Greenie - I am very happy for you about your knee and your grandson and so much fun going on. Please send me a blood transfusion!

Punk, I hope your boys are finding their ways and jobs.

Jill, you may be feeling frustrated in the creative process, but your work definitely does not reflect it. Did we do anything much on V-Day? Nope, DH & I worked. We exchanged cards. We got the kids little presents.

Kathy - you are a MACHINE with the cards! I hope you are really enjoying making them!

Wendy & Jan - I need to get to know you better. You need to expose your weaknesses so I can tease you unmercifully! Or bare your souls! Okay, maybe not. But, I will try to pay more attention...

Tater - I never answered you about my niece; she would have been 26 now. It does not seem like it will be six years in June. There were a large number of family members that all died in various ways in a short period of time five to six years ago. Sometimes, I even still think about calling one of them.

I am very happy to hear how you are getting more active and that you are feeling positive results. You are a good example.

I am sure I could go on.... and on.... Sorry Greenie - not trying to take over your MO. Sometimes I think of you all a lot, but do not share. If I do that is just CRS! Now, you will hope I don't so much! Sometimes I am so afraid I will leave someone out and subsequently hurt feelings. Do you ever think of saying something and then forget? I do.

PS: Please put TSC on all your cards so I don't miss any!!!
Hugs to you all!
You are now a upperclassman. How does that feel?

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
Wow! Brat Girl, you sure made up for lost time!! Bless your heart!! I am not as good as Greenie about remembering everything, so I respond as I can to what I can. I don't want to miss anyone, but I know I do. Everyone just has to forgive and forget!
Sometimes they don't forgive and forget, we have lost some fine ladies because of hurt feelings. Behind the scenes, you have no idea how many things I have tried to smooth over, but the damage was already done.

Let's just all try to be considerate of our sisters feelings. (and our guests Jan, Wendy and Jill)

Praying for all of you and your concerns, as always.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #45

I enjoy seeing the pics and knowing how all of your family is doing.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #46
Watercolor Wizard

TSC0222...kids card....thanks both of you.....i will get on that....

what else did I miss....hmmmm

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lesley!!! ..hope you have a good one.....Hugs oh right thats tomorrow.......well this is a early one

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #47
Watercolor Wizard

I'm a guest?...how long do I have to ride de bus to be a regular??...lolol or does that require a ticket!!....ok...how much de ticket.....?

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, TODAY IS THE DAY -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LESLEY,
and many more -
Three cheers for our double nickel, SIstah!!
HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! Its your SPECIAL DAY!!

Hope your cryfest wasn't too bad!! LOL

WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Shirt,
You are a peacemaker, that is for sure!! And you are always trying to keep us on the straight and narrow, and forgive us our trespasses....
You are our Bus Driver, and always praying for everyone too.
YOU ARE THE BEST! Thanks for always being there!
HUGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Sometimes they don't forgive and forget, we have lost some fine ladies because of hurt feelings. Behind the scenes, you have no idea how many things I have tried to smooth over, but the damage was already done.

Let's just all try to be considerate of our sisters feelings. (and our guests Jan, Wendy and Jill)

Old 02-19-2013, 07:02 AM   #50
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Egad - just realized this is only MONDAY - the 18th - golleeeeee, its good to be early for something for once!! giggle---

My oldest DD 's BD is tomorrow too!! I know you will have a great day!!
Uh, Greenie, YESTERDAY was Monday, the 18th, President's Day, and it was DeAnna's birthday and second chemo. TODAY is the 19th AND Punk's birthday. You had it right in the first place!!

Happy Birthday, Punk!!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 AM   #51
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

OMGosh! I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings by forgetting to mention their concerns. I do pray for everyone, but I just can't remember everything when I post, unlike Greenie.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #52

Happy Birthday, Lesley.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #53
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
I'm a guest?...how long do I have to ride de bus to be a regular??...lolol or does that require a ticket!!....ok...how much de ticket.....?
Hi Jan, You asked the question that I was wondering too! LOL

I'm honestly, not just a bus crasher.
I don't know if Pat will remember it, but a long time ago, she invited me to join the bus and the challenges...I hope that at least makes me an "invited" guest. smile...
QFTD165
Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #54
Forum Fanatic

Lesley, Happy birthday to you!
Hope you are having a good day!

and by the way...
Cherie, bought me my ticket for the stamp show last weekend, so I guess that means I'll have to go now...smile!
QFTD165
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #55

We welcome everyone to come chat, do the weekly challenges, ask for prayer, etc.. An invitation is not needed, we have had several who pop in and out over the years. Some came by invitation to chat and some did not. All were made welcome.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD from PAUSA View Post
Lesley, Happy birthday to you!
Hope you are having a good day!

and by the way...
Cherie, bought me my ticket for the stamp show last weekend, so I guess that means I'll have to go now...smile!

That was a nice gester and it will be a fun day with the girls.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-19-2013, 03:36 PM   #57
Proud Fan Club Member

Happy Birthday Sisser Lesley!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill and Jan no way are you guests! You wanna da riders. Hey I haven't been coming here but a couple of years. Brat was the first to tell me about this forum and then Pat did too. I'm so glad I got to meet all of you lovely ladies. If you're guests that means we have to be nice and proper. I'm anything but! So CA just forgot how long you girls have been ridin. Now watch out cuz Brat can get you in trouble and da bus driver, the one with the shiny halo she'll make you ride on da top. But Brat has an espresso machine so it has it's perks.

Well I have had a smokin day here in Madison Mo. I made 10 dozen cookies. I called my neighbor across the road and told him I had hot cookies that just came out of the oven and a pot of fresh coffee. He was here so fast it was funny. He's a single guy and we have become friends. When he found out I was making these cookies to send to my aunt he asked me how I was going to pack them. He came over with his vacuum sealer. What a perfect way to pack these cookies. They don't move around at all. So I made ginger and sugar cookies. No matter how good the sugar cookies are they won't measure up to my grandma's. My aunt is in her late 70's has sever COPD, on oxygen 24-7 and can't do much of anything. She was craving her Mom's sugar cookies. So you know nothing lives up to your Mom's cooking! She'll enjoy them though I know.

We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow Thursday. Ready for spring.

Have a good one ladies.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #58
Stazon Splitcoast

Ladies, thank you so much for the birthday wishes!! I had such a fantastic day full of surprises! The hubster brought me flowers and lunch at work (He never does that!!) and then he and Ryan took me to an Amish smorgesboard for dinner. Once there, Darren and Rebecca, My brother Jim and SIL Ev joined us. Then we went back to Jim and Ev's house for a cake that the hubster ordered for me....a pecan canoli cake. Oh my....is my belly full!!!! I won't be laying down for a while cuz of my reflux, but boy, was it worth it!!! It sure eased the pain of turning 55!

Hugs to you all.....LYMI!!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #59
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesley - so glad your BIRTHDAY was so wonderful, and you got lunch, dinner out with everyone and cake too! Pecan canoli sounds heavenly!! Seems like it was a perfect day to turn 55!!

CA, hope DeAnna's BD and chemo all went well - how neat that our DD's BDs were only a day apart!! Praying for you to have a healthy household there in NV!

Jill, glad your ticket is bought for the Allentown show - will be good to see you again! Bless Cherie's heart for snagging it early for you!

Shirt, yes, YOU with the one of a kind Bus Driver's UNIFORM, you always make everyone feel welcome - by the way, this shiny new BUS #6 is the poshest one we've had yet - love the plush seats, and the seatbelts for the wild rides!!

Silly, smelled those cookies all the way out here in PA - bet your aunt will love every bite! Just like your neighbor - LOL - that was sweet he brought over the vacuum sealer to give them a safe journey! Hoping you don't get all that snow - our temps are warming up - AGAIN!

Hugs and prayers for EVERYone's concerns, Sistahs!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #60
Forum Fanatic

Oh Silly, everyone mentioning those cookies, is making me hungry. No cookies, in this house, though, so I have to find a different snack.
Lesley, glad you had a nice birthday, can I ask you where the smorgasbord was located? (there I go, thinking about food again, LOL)
I finally finished making a card tonight! It's for Friday's TSC challenge.
QFTD165
Old 02-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #61
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, we went to Shady Maple. Love that place!

I can't wait to see your card!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Shady Maple???? Isn't that code for a little rest while guys in white coats look on and you do art therapy??? Did they tell you it was a restaurant?!? Be sure to get into the card making class! Stay away from the droolers!

If you need a bit of a buzz DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT sign up for the electroshock therapy! Unless, of course you WANT frizzy hair!

Shirt - I guess we're gonna have to pull the bus around to rescue the Punk!

Happy Birthday Punk! I hope your gown does not open in the back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Jill, we went to Shady Maple. Love that place!

I can't wait to see your card!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #63
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt - I FEEL THE POWER of being a senior! Ladies, please bring me a larger latte cup!

Before anyone gets paranoid about hurt feelings, I just want to go on the record that I never saw anything rude written here. I am not sure what grievances anyone has had, but I believe as long as we don't read bad intentions where there are none we will all be fine!

We all have lives that swirl about us. Some of us have limited time for SCS. All of us are smart, so we should never take absence or lack of commenting as a personal affront. Some of us are a bit forgetful, right?

Now as for you CA! Will you quit being lazy with that house full of sick kids and your mother and bodily fluids flowing every which way and a sick daughter and comment on MY cards which is what really matters!!!?

Go Tater and Gunner!!! Sp??

I look forward to seeing your work Jill.

My DH has been and will be in California all week, so I am typing away and he can't accuse me of click, clack mooing and keeping him awake!

Silly & Jan - nope, I'm on thyroid meds and I had the levels checked. Unlike Punk, I am normal! Ha Ha!

Go Silly! I think it is fabulous that you are volunteering at the food pantry. I have only done that a couple of times. It was good work. Just don't lift too many cans at once! Oh, and I LOVE copper too!

Jan - I can't BELIEVE you have to wait that long for a biopsy!!! People down here keep pushing for CA style health care! Yiiiikees! I will pray you are WNL!

Sylvia - my Aunt that I grew up next door to was on oxygen. I used to bring her cookies and treats too. Until she started hiding them in strange places.

I hope I have a DGS or DGD some day that I can be proud of too! I'll bet you could lap me on that treadmill! You are always going!

Wait a minute.... Maybe I'm stepping on Greenie's toes with these long posts! Ha Ha! Nah!

Last edited by Brat Cards; 02-19-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #64
Stazon Splitcoast

CA - You NUT! I can't BELIEVE you took time to comment!!!

REST when you can!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Happy Birthday Sisser Lesley!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill and Jan no way are you guests! You wanna da riders. Hey I haven't been coming here but a couple of years. Brat was the first to tell me about this forum and then Pat did too. I'm so glad I got to meet all of you lovely ladies. If you're guests that means we have to be nice and proper. I'm anything but! So CA just forgot how long you girls have been ridin. Now watch out cuz Brat can get you in trouble and da bus driver, the one with the shiny halo she'll make you ride on da top. But Brat has an espresso machine so it has it's perks.

Well I have had a smokin day here in Madison Mo. I made 10 dozen cookies. I called my neighbor across the road and told him I had hot cookies that just came out of the oven and a pot of fresh coffee. He was here so fast it was funny. He's a single guy and we have become friends. When he found out I was making these cookies to send to my aunt he asked me how I was going to pack them. He came over with his vacuum sealer. What a perfect way to pack these cookies. They don't move around at all. So I made ginger and sugar cookies. No matter how good the sugar cookies are they won't measure up to my grandma's. My aunt is in her late 70's has sever COPD, on oxygen 24-7 and can't do much of anything. She was craving her Mom's sugar cookies. So you know nothing lives up to your Mom's cooking! She'll enjoy them though I know.

We are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow Thursday. Ready for spring.

Have a good one ladies.
That was me instead of CA. Just clarifying.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #66

Quote:
Shirt - I FEEL THE POWER of being a senior! Ladies, please bring me a larger latte cup!

Before anyone gets paranoid about hurt feelings, I just want to go on the record that I never saw anything rude written here. I am not sure what grievances anyone has had, but I believe as long as we don't read bad intentions where there are none we will all be fine!

We all have lives that swirl about us. Some of us have limited time for SCS. All of us are smart, so we should never take absence or lack of commenting as a personal affront. Some of us are a bit forgetful, right?

Now as for you CA! Will you quit being lazy with that house full of sick kids and your mother and bodily fluids flowing every which way and a sick daughter and comment on MY cards which is what really matters!!!?

Go Tater and Gunner!!! Sp??

I look forward to seeing your work Jill.

My DH has been and will be in California all week, so I am typing away and he can't accuse me of click, clack mooing and keeping him awake!

Silly & Jan - nope, I'm on thyroid meds and I had the levels checked. Unlike Punk, I am normal! Ha Ha!

Go Silly! I think it is fabulous that you are volunteering at the food pantry. I have only done that a couple of times. It was good work. Just don't lift too many cans at once! Oh, and I LOVE copper too!

Jan - I can't BELIEVE you have to wait that long for a biopsy!!! People down here keep pushing for CA style health care! Yiiiikees! I will pray you are WNL!

Sylvia - my Aunt that I grew up next door to was on oxygen. I used to bring her cookies and treats too. Until she started hiding them in strange places.

I hope I have a DGS or DGD some day that I can be proud of too! I'll bet you could lap me on that treadmill! You are always going!

Wait a minute.... Maybe I'm stepping on Greenie's toes with these long posts! Ha Ha! Nah!
Watch out gals, Our Brat girls feeling the power.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #67
Stazon Splitcoast

Pssst... Shirt - I think I skeeeerrrrrrd them all...
Old 02-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #68
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
CA - You NUT! I can't BELIEVE you took time to comment!!!

REST when you can!
When I saw your comment, I thought I better follow orders! LOL! After all, you have the power!!!! Besides, it was very early and quiet around here. It was kind of nice doing something I just felt like doing!! Your cards are great, by the way!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #69
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
As you can see, I'm not that easily skeerrred!!! LOL!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #70
Loves lavender roses

OK, it's 2:30 in the afternoon, and I'm finally gonna take a shower! What a day!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #71

Quote:
You skeer me, too. I've been hiding in the closet. I only came out because I heard CA's voice - I knew she would protect me.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-20-2013, 03:29 PM   #72
Stazon Splitcoast

Did Shirt finally come out of the closet?????? Hmmmmm.......Heehee!!!

Brat.....Now, my hair doesn't need electroshock therapy! It's frizzy all on its own!!!! LOL!

I'm feeling kinda OLD today.....wonder why!?!?!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Did Shirt finally come out of the closet?????? Hmmmmm.......Heehee!!!

Brat.....Now, my hair doesn't need electroshock therapy! It's frizzy all on its own!!!! LOL!

I'm feeling kinda OLD today.....wonder why!?!?!
You didn't have to shout it so loud, now everyone knows.

Old, just wait until you get to be 113 and stay there about 10 yrs like me.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #74
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat Alert: I think I'm the baby of the bus now!! Mwahahahaha!
Don't forget though, I AM a senior Brat!

Punk, I have considered a light socket for my hair. I have NEVER had big hair. It just has NO body!

CA - you are one tough Sistah. I guess we might put you in charge of security.

I have to go scare my kids and make them dinner now!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:16 PM   #75
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
You didn't have to shout it so loud, now everyone knows.

Old, just wait until you get to be 113 and stay there about 10 yrs like me.
Yeah, well, how many more years are you going to be 113??? I thought people that old didn't bother to lie about their age! LOL!!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #76
Loves lavender roses

I gotta go feed my brood, too! See ya all soon!!

Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #77

Quote:
Yeah, well, how many more years are you going to be 113??? I thought people that old didn't bother to lie about their age! LOL!!
As long as I have enough of a mind to remember to say it. Then when the mind is totally gone, I probably will tell them I am 29.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #78

Quote:
I gotta go feed my brood, too! See ya all soon!!

I just fed mine. I have extra's. My pregnant DIL is in hospital, so I have the kids and two extra dogs.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 02-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt....more doggies???? GF, you are a SAINT!!! LOL! Do they all bark at the same time????? If so, no wonder you are hiding in the closet!!! LOL!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:00 PM   #80
Stazon Splitcoast

113.......wow....I don't think I will EVAH make it till then!!! You must have good genes!

Brat...are you scaring your children like 'BOO' or are you scaring them with your dinner?

CA....whatcha making for dinner? Mark made ham and mac n cheese. YUMMO!

Now time to settle in to what Ghost Mine finale after a new episode of Ghost Hunters! BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!