Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree294Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #361
Stazon Splitcoast

Sylvia! Maybe we can share ideas!

You can use a little of the "good fats" to help things taste better and to bring up your good cholesterol. For instance extra virgin olive oil, almonds, avocados and lots more.

I know what you mean about bread rolls. That is why I would love to find a whole wheat sour dough bread recipe. We just found some whole wheat dinner rolls and sandwich rolls at Sam's Club this week-end. They were really good.

Small baked potatoes with salsa and fat free sour cream! YUM!
Oven baked sweet potato "fries" with some seasoning a maybe just a little Parmesan cheese on them.

You can make verde sauce with tomatillos. It is so good for you. You can tweak it anyway you want with garlic etc.
Ingredients
1 1/2 lb tomatillos
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 Jalapeņo peppers OR 2 serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped (you can use whole for more heat if you want)
Salt to taste

Roasted asparagus with a tiny bit of olive oil and minced garlic (shake it up in a bag) is really good. I like plain veggies too such as corn without anything on it. I learned to like fresh tomatoes this summer. I have never eaten them raw except in or on things like black bean burgers and salsas. I've been growing them for years.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi to you all!

I am praying for Silly's and Greenie's DGS's and Punk's kids.

CA, I don't have arthritis and Disney Land hurt my feet after early AM until dark! Don't forget to rest in the middle!

Jan, you have recipes too! Yay! You can grow spinach in a planter. It likes cool weather so you could start now. You could probably buy starts. I always have to watch eating things like that and cilantro too fast and then it can't keep going! Ha-Ha! I need to get going. I bought some peas and bibb lettuce to plant. I've got to get all my planters ready to go!

Can you all guess that I am HUNGRY???!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #363
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everyone! Been staying really busy, watching Gavin after school, doing homework with him, and picking up Daria once or twice a week - the little cutie has finally gotten the hang of the potty - 2 days and no accidents! All you do is say do you have to go potty and she runs to the bathroom - she is so proud of her big girl panties!

Had my whole gang here for Easter dinner, which hasn't happened for years - they usually have me come to them for dinner. So after not cooking for a houseful for YEARS, I had them all here - AND COOKED - turned out to be a very nice day!

Yesterday I had a quiet day and laid low - it was my John's 14th anniversary - had a Mass said for him, then the rest of the day I just spent quietly. May have been a long time ago, but still feels like yesterday, and I miss him a lot, but God has been good to me and has given me such wonderful friends, so even though it is not easy-it has become more bearable. I praise and thank Him form the bottom of my heart for all of you!

Got A CARD done, not like Lesley getting SIX done in one day - and working on getting the TSC ready for Friday - also working on finishing Gavin's Disney book - from TWO YEARS AGO - - - -thoughts of and prayers for all of your concerns is a huge part of my day. Sending you all grateful hugs!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #364
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi my sistahs!!!

Got my grandson, Julian, for the night. He goes to spend the day with Justin tomorrow. YAY! Marky had his preliminary trial today.....his case will go to trial! Oh boy! It's gonna be a llloooooooonnngggg haul!

Tomorrow, my friend Debbie and I are going to a scrapbook day.....she is picking me up at 7:45 am and it goes until 8:00 pm. I'm siked! However, I don't have anything together and it's 9:00 pm, cuz I had to get Julian. Yikes! I better get moving! LOL!

Have a terrific weekend, my sweet friends! Am praying for you all and I love you all!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #365
Watercolor Wizard

Oh...spinach in a planter...didn't know that...sounds like I will have to do that...I love fresh spinach salad..and I make my own home made ranch dressing...tastes even better that the boughten one...

Glad you enjoyed Disney so much...Awesome!! next time maybe you can find room in a corner of your suitcase...I might fit...if its de LARGE one......lol

Awwsome recipe too Brat!!

SS about the LOOOOOng trial lesley...will keep that one in prayer...hope it gets shortened....

Glad your keeping busy greenie...here's an extra big HUG for your anniversary loss....I would be lost too if I lost my hubby...even tho there are days he could get LOST......lolol had to throw that in......

Hugs to all......

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 04-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #366
Stazon Splitcoast

I totally understand the "long haul", Lesley - it is over a year and a half for my grandson, and STILL nothing resolved!! Have fun with Julian tonight - I KNOW JUstin will have a grand time tomorrow with him.

Hope you get all your stuff together for tomorrow - been there, done that (last minute throwing everything together!! LOL) Have a good time and unwind a little - you have had a rough week. I am trying to get my card done for this week's Queen, Jan - good thing I did not have the play tonight!!

I goofed - next week is Ty's play - gonna be a bear with the Allentown stamp show on Saturday, and my hostess club on Sunday after 2 nights at his play!!! - better hustle this week!!

Praying for all you Sistahs - and all the concerns of your hearts!! Hugs to all of you!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #367
Watercolor Wizard

Oh...this weeks challenge is perfect...I need a man card, and the ocean /beach is a good one!!.yipee...I just might get the challenge done & up tomorrow, only 1 day late.

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #368
Stazon Splitcoast

Just got back from the highway cleanup for my friend's 2 children and working on my card now!! Gonna cheat a little and combine 2 challenges to save time!!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #369
Forum Fanatic

Hello everyone...
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. It was so nice seeing the sun shine here.
(((((((((((((Greenie))))))))))))sending you cyber hugs...Anniversary dates are always tough days to go through...

Jan, Congrats on being chosen Queen for a day. I hope to be able to case one of your cards and get TSC card done. I had 5 special cards that I had to get done, and so far I only have 3 done.

I think I would win the award for the world's slowest card maker.

saying prayers for all of you...God Bless, Jill
QFTD165
Old 04-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #370
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Since I missed my turn to present the challenge last week, Lesley asked me to do it this week. I'm filling in for Kathy. See next post:

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 04-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #371
Loves lavender roses

Default TSC0412

TSC0412

SU! is doing a Color Refresh with the next catty. Following are some of the colors that will be discontinued:

Pretty In Pink
Bashful Blue
Certainly Celery
Baja Breeze

The challenge for April 12th is to make a card using one or more of those four colors. You can use one color as a main color along with a neutral or create your own color combo using two or more of the colors. Have fun!!

BTW, if you don't have SU! colors, use whatever you have that is close.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #372
Watercolor Wizard

oh no...pretty in pink and bash are the two colours I use the most.....

My Blog
Old 04-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #373
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Jan, better stock up - this weekend is free shipping - I 'think' for Canada too, but check the website!!

Nighty Night all!!!
Oh, here is Ty - going to the Junior Prom last night! The play is not till NEXT weekend - I goofed!
Attached Thumbnails
img95201304059519052095470.jpg  
Old 04-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #374
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Oh Jan, better stock up - this weekend is free shipping - I 'think' for Canada too, but check the website!!

Nighty Night all!!!
Oh, here is Ty - going to the Junior Prom last night! The play is not till NEXT weekend - I goofed!
What a lovely couple!!!

Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #375
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
oh no...pretty in pink and bash are the two colours I use the most.....
No worries, Jan. We still have Pink Pirouette, and Blushing Bride (former In-Color) will be a core color, too. Also, Pool Party will be a core color now and they're bringing back Soft Sky which I love! If you need the colors that are discontinuing though, do like Greenie says and order by tomorrow to get free shipping! Since $6.95 is minimum shipping, you're saving at least that much!

Old 04-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #376
Forum Fanatic

Sue, great prom Pic! Lovely couple! My granddaughter's is in a few weeks. She already showed me her dress. She is excited to go...she is a "dress" girl.
QFTD165
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #377
Proud Fan Club Member

Jan...Congrats on being the Queen!!!! I will get a card posted soon.
Greenie your dgs and friend look so nice! He's growing up. He seems like such a good kid.

Lesley glad you got to enjoy your dgs! They are so much fun when they are little.

Jill I am a slow card maker too. I have just not cared about making any cards lately. Hope I get out of this soon.

I hate that SU is retiring Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery. I like the two blues too but use the others a lot. I love Pool Party. I think I have about six packages of it. No kidding. I was going to buy another re-inker but now I won't have to since it will be around. I use a lot of Bazzil paper and they have nice pinks and greens too.

Its supposed to rain all week here.

Keeping everyone in my prayers.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #378
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Greenie...thanks for the heads up, yes its free shipping here too, and got a good order in, and got some more Pretty/pink, & bash. but couldn't get the reinkers already...
Wow on those colours...I am still in shock....

What a handsome couple Greenie...wow!!

Yes.I love the Bazzill paper too.....and I found if its in the family will make a go...

I wish it would rain here....we still keep getting snow...got 3 inches Sunday...highways were a sheet of ice...so I stayed home...and its still not thawing...what a funny year...

My Blog
Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #379
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, what better excuse for creating cards than not being able to go anywhere due to icy roads! That's God's way of telling you to stay in and create those masterpieces of yours!!!

I got my SU! order in Sunday night. I'm sad to see some of those colors going bye-bye. I am anxious to see what the Smoky Slate color will look like, though.

Greenie, those kids sure do look great all gussied up! In the back recesses of my mind I can still remember what it felt like to get all dressed up for the dance!

Justin has an interview with a temp staffing agency today. Maybe today will be the day that he finds a job!

Things with Marky are very shaky right now.....We are all adjusting to new living arrangements and it's very difficult sometimes with the different personalities here. Sometimes you do what you gotta do and just push on. KWIM?

Hugs to you all today!!!!!! I'm so sad that I can't go to Allentown this Saturday!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #380
Watercolor Wizard

Oh Smokey blue sounds nice....they sure revamping again, but this time I'm only going to buy the colour I really LOVE...sometimes if you get the set its cheaper, then u is stuck with colours you don't use.....got tons of those....

and hang in there with Markey, Lesley....praying for you both...

ss you can't go to Allentown...if it were close I'd go for ya......lol I LOVE to shop...especially if dere a craft store around...heh heh

My Blog
Old 04-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #381
Watercolor Wizard

whats the challenge for this week?...think I missed it...

My Blog
Old 04-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #382
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
TSC0412

SU! is doing a Color Refresh with the next catty. Following are some of the colors that will be discontinued:

Pretty In Pink
Bashful Blue
Certainly Celery
Baja Breeze

The challenge for April 12th is to make a card using one or more of those four colors. You can use one color as a main color along with a neutral or create your own color combo using two or more of the colors. Have fun!!

BTW, if you don't have SU! colors, use whatever you have that is close.

Jan, here's the challenge for Friday...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #383
Watercolor Wizard

Oh I just remembered...its the retiring colours....and I have to make an anniversary card in purple...none of the above fit... wah.....

My Blog
Old 04-11-2013, 05:28 AM   #384
Die Cut Diva

Howdy Sistahs! I am giving the challenge for 0419 early so that I can be sure I don't forget. So much going on but it's mostly all good stuff. One of my sweet ladies from my Mom's assisted living celebrated her 95th birthday and her two daughters gave her a card shower. They contacted everyone they could think of that was ever in their Mom's life and asked them each to send her a card. She received over 259 cards!!!! She talked about them and shared with us in the craft group and made a comment that she needed to get started on "thank you" cards. So for a gift for her (since I didn't know to send a card) I made a dozen single layer TY cards. She just cried and cried and hugged me and told me how sweet I am. Gosh, it made me feel so good! So the TSC for 0419 is to make single layer cards. Make several as you would for a gift to someone. Then use them as a random act of kindness and give them to someone. Oh, and one more rule; NO P I N K!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:55 AM   #385
Stazon Splitcoast

All pink three layer cards......Got it, Tater! Bwahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!! Thanks for giving the challenge early, my dear friend! 'Preciate it!

Doesn't it always feel good when someone gushes over one of your cards??? I would have love to seen the face of that sweet gal when she opened all 259 cards! What an amazing this for her daughters to do! Oh, the memories it must have brought back to her each time she opened a new card! WOW!!!!

Hugs to you, Tater Tot! Love you!
Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #386
Loves lavender roses

Good morning Sistahs! I haven't been around as much, but I still pray for all of you. On the other hand, I have been able to participate in a few challenges lately. I don't know where I've found the time, but I have! LOL! It is relaxing though. Have a great day, riders, and I'll try to jump back in later, Lord willing.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:22 AM   #387
Stazon Splitcoast

Good one, Tater!!!! Love this idea!!! What a sweet gesture for the lady at the assisted living place - bet she was in her glory getting all that mail!

CA, I don't know how you have time for ANYthing with the houseful you have to take care of, bless your heart!

I am behind with my teapotter card and have to cut my stuff for Sunday's club today/tonight. Then maybe I can get my TSC done for tomorrow (and maybe combine it with the QFTD for tomorrow if I procrastinate long enough!! ) LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Howdy Sistahs! I am giving the challenge for 0419 early so that I can be sure I don't forget. So much going on but it's mostly all good stuff. One of my sweet ladies from my Mom's assisted living celebrated her 95th birthday and her two daughters gave her a card shower. They contacted everyone they could think of that was ever in their Mom's life and asked them each to send her a card. She received over 259 cards!!!! She talked about them and shared with us in the craft group and made a comment that she needed to get started on "thank you" cards. So for a gift for her (since I didn't know to send a card) I made a dozen single layer TY cards. She just cried and cried and hugged me and told me how sweet I am. Gosh, it made me feel so good! So the TSC for 0419 is to make single layer cards. Make several as you would for a gift to someone. Then use them as a random act of kindness and give them to someone. Oh, and one more rule; NO P I N K!!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #388
Watercolor Wizard

Good one tater.....whats a single layer card?........lolol

My Blog
Old 04-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #389
Die Cut Diva

Hey Jan!!! Single layer card is a card without punches or panels; just one layer of CS that has been stamped, inked, embossed, etc. Y'all go forth and do good!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #390
Forum Fanatic

Default Prayers please

First Sue, I wanted to tell you that I probably will not be at the stamp show tomorrow...My husband and I were going and we both have our tickets...

We just received a call, (and I am shaking as I type this note)
that my husband's sister is in a coma and is not expected to make it. The doctor feels she will pass today or tomorrow. We are kind in shock because she was only diagnosed a few weeks ago. My husband is taking this hard, when he went to see her two days ago, she was still aware of her surroundings and knew he was there. She held on to his hand and would not let go. She was so scared. He had to let go when the doctors and nurses came in to work on her in the icu. Thank you for your prayers.
QFTD165
Old 04-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #391
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jill, I am so sorry to hear this news about your sister in law!! I know you are probably going to be at the hospital, so just letting you know I will be praying for ALL OF YOU and so will the others here on the bus, once they read your note!!! That is why we are here!!

It is good that your DH got to go spend some time with her the other day when she was still okay, and I am sure she derived a lot of comfort knowing he was there with her.

Will be asking God to keep you in in His loving arms and give you peace. Again I AM SO SORRY this is happening to your family.

Hugs and Prayers, Jill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD from PAUSA View Post
First Sue, I wanted to tell you that I probably will not be at the stamp show tomorrow...My husband and I were going and we both have our tickets...

We just received a call, (and I am shaking as I type this note)
that my husband's sister is in a coma and is not expected to make it. The doctor feels she will pass today or tomorrow. We are kind in shock because she was only diagnosed a few weeks ago. My husband is taking this hard, when he went to see her two days ago, she was still aware of her surroundings and knew he was there. She held on to his hand and would not let go. She was so scared. He had to let go when the doctors and nurses came in to work on her in the icu. Thank you for your prayers.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #392
Forum Fanatic

Default Thank you all for your prayers...

Sue, and all my sisters in the Lord...

Thank you for your prayers...
My husband was able to be with his sister when she passed this afternoon.
so was my husband's brother and one of my SIL's Aunts...

she went very peacefully.

The sad thing for me, is NONE of her four chrildren were by her side...

They all disowned their Mother...(I think mainly because of her drinking)

but I felt that at least ONE of them should have been there in the ICU with her...

She joined church and her minister recently prayed with her in the hospital
she is with Jesus...

Blessings,
Jill
QFTD165
Old 04-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #393
Watercolor Wizard

Oh so very sorry Jill,,,to hear of the passing of your sil, sending up prayers for Peace, and comfort, for you all!! (your story is so sad, that none of her children were there...)

You know alot of people just don't get it...we hate the sin....NOT the sinner!!

...there would be alot more peace in the world

My Blog
Old 04-12-2013, 11:46 PM   #394
Loves lavender roses

Jill, so sorry to hear about your SIL. Good to know she's walking with Jesus now. It's good that her brothers could be there with her at the end. Praying for you and your family.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #395
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Jill, so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear SIL, but just glad she had you there with her as she took Jesus' hand - will keep you all in my prayers during this difficult time as you cope with her loss. [[[[[[HUGS]]]]]]]]
Old 04-13-2013, 05:10 AM   #396
Proud Fan Club Member

Jill I am so sorry. Wow it happened fast. I'm glad your husband got to be with her. I pray her children don't become racked with guilt. Just sad. I will continue to pray for the whole family. Hugs to you and your husband sweet friend.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #397
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Jill, this brings tears to my eyes....my heart is breaking for your family! How precious to know, thought, that she is at peace and is in Heaven right next to Our Father! What better place to be! Prayers going up for you all!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:41 AM   #398
Stazon Splitcoast

I have my Justin with me today and he will be here again tomorrow. It feels so good to have him home, even for just a little while. He is restless as he is still looking for a job. There's gotta be something out there for him!

Marky's situation is not getting any better. His stepsons (Dylan's) dad has served Amanda, Marky's wife, papers asking for sole custody and claiming her unfit and claiming Marky not a good influence. Amanda is going to classes every night for the drug addiction and Marky is awaiting another hearing on 5/2. I tell him that there are consequences for actions and choices that we make, and the consequences happen even if we repent and try to turn our lives around. He thinks that since Amanda is trying to make herself better, that everyone should just forget what she has done. We can still love her, but not the choices that she made. As Jan said earlier, we love the sinner, but not the sin. It's a difficult situation.

Hugs to you all!!! Lovely day out today after those thunderstorms yesterday. Went to yard sales this morning before picking up Justin and found a bag of lace for a quarter! SCORE!!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #399
Forum Fanatic

Thank you all for your prayers...Sorry, I haven't taken much time to post...and I have not read this whole thread yet...I will catch up...

One thing I always forget about when things like this happen...is all that is involved.
I only let people here on this thread, and a few of my email friends know...

then My phone started ringing off the hook and company stopping by that I haven't seen for years...I thought how do they know?

Well, I forgot that my husband's brother, and Jim's youngest sister, and my daughter are all on facebook, etc. They let everyone know. (I'm not on facebook)

So kind of people to show that they care, and to call etc...but it does get a bit exhausting.

Thank you all, again...

Jill <---who is busy making sympathy cards...and will try to do the next TSC challenges as I can fit them in.
QFTD165
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #400
Forum Fanatic

Thank you again, for your prayers and all the love that has been left in my gallery.

Sue, I hope you had a good time at the stamp show. Obviously, I did not get to go. Cherie and Kathi said that they really enjoyed themselves...and, again, shopped till they dropped. I am anxious to see the new things that they purchased.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Blessings,
Jill
QFTD165