Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #321
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
Pipsqueak was one year old on September 29th. He's still such a pup though. Pooky is an indoor cat. I can leave the door open to the patio and he might go out there, but if I close that door, he howls to get back in. He's never ventured out as far as the fence!! LOL! I don't think he's been off the patio!
Hi again CA, Pipsqueak is a year old Oh bless is he fully grown now or do you think he still has some more growing to do. Oh Pooky is an indoor cat so no nice presents bought to your back door then My cat had to have a couple of teeth removed last month and they cut her claws so she has had trouble climbing that fence she almost reached the top and fell off, I felt so bad for her because I asked the vet if he would cut them as she keeps getting stuck on the door mat and she can't get through the cat flap with the door mat still attached to her claws
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #322
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Sistahs. Its kind of cold here but the sun is shining. I can handle cold weather with sun! The sun shining makes me feel so much more cheerful. Jerry isn't gone yet. He leaves this Saturday morning. My grandkids are coming in for the weekend. So I'm going to take them out to supper Sat night. That way I don't have to cook! I didn't get any cards made yesterday. Hoping to do that today.
I have to take Lizzy (my outside) dog to be spayed tomorrow. She's 10 months old. I'm ready for her to quiet down some. She is still a pup and still full of it!

CA hope you are not too worn out.

Kathy thank you for lighting candles for us.

Lesley the Cards won the first game!!! Do you watch the series even if your team isn't playing? I do. During the regular season I try to watch when the Cards play but I don't watch every game. But of course I had to watch the playoffs and I can't believe they made it into the Series because they didn't do too well at the beginning of the season. I come from a family of Cardinal fanatics! My paternal Grandmother could tell you every players stats and the same with past players. My Dad lived in San Francisco before he died and we always watched the Cards games and then talked on the phone. I may have said this before so if I did...sorry but I have a card a little bigger than a business card. It is dated 1932 and it said my Dad was an official member of the Peep Hole Gang. It was from a church and the Cards would allow these kids to watch the games through the peep holes in the fence. I just think its so cool I have that. And how fun for the kids back then. Well enough babbeling. I need to get back to doing something. See everyone on the gallery later.

Hello to everyone!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #323
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Hi again CA, Pipsqueak is a year old Oh bless is he fully grown now or do you think he still has some more growing to do. Oh Pooky is an indoor cat so no nice presents bought to your back door then My cat had to have a couple of teeth removed last month and they cut her claws so she has had trouble climbing that fence she almost reached the top and fell off, I felt so bad for her because I asked the vet if he would cut them as she keeps getting stuck on the door mat and she can't get through the cat flap with the door mat still attached to her claws
Yes, Pip is full grown now. Pooky has no front claws which is another reason why he is an indoor cat. That's besides the fact that he is a scaredy cat!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 10-20-2011, 08:05 AM   #324
Loves lavender roses

Took Mom to the doctor yesterday for a follow-up. She's in great health for her age. The UTI is gone, blood pressure is 126/74, oxygen sat is 95, lungs clear, heart is good. No more 81 mg Aspirin now, either. Oh, and she gained most of the weight back already. I told him that I feel like a drill instructor trying to get her to eat or take just one more bite, but he said I'm doing what's right, so I feel better about it. I'm going to go wake her up now and see if she will go to the Senior Center today and play Penny Bingo.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #325
Proud Fan Club Member

CA I'm so glad she is getting better. Is her confusion better? Praise the Lord that her health is straightening up. ((((((((((hugs for you))))))))))
Old 10-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #326
Matboard Maniac

Carroll Ann what great results your mom has, you must be so happy, see your drill instructions worked hehehe your such a wonderful daughter to your mom. What fun!! Penny Bingo can I come play PLLLLEEEEEASE haha!
Pooky has no front claws what a great idea no getting stuck on carpets or sofa sssshhhh don't tell my husband she is not supposed to get up on there but I let her I'm so bad
Old 10-20-2011, 02:03 PM   #327
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey CA I posted my card for tomorrow. I am going to be busy so I thought I better do it today.

Tater put your pink goggles on!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #328
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Hey CA I posted my card for tomorrow. I am going to be busy so I thought I better do it today.

Tater put your pink goggles on!
I just posted mine as well! Tomorrow, I might have Maddie here again.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #329
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi gals! My heart is so very sad and heavy. Steve went to Hospice today. He had a stent placed on Monday and has been in a state of confusion ever since. At first they thought it may have been from the anesthesia, but he has gotten worse. Hospice nurse came out at 4:00 this morning and placed a catheter and later today, Steve was still aggitated and confused. They took him over around 5:00 tonight. I can't seem to stop my eyes from leaking.
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #330
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lesley I'm so sorry. Its sad to see people you care about have to go through this. His mind was clear b4 the stint correct? What about the procedure would cause the confusion? Hugs to you.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #331
Stazon Splitcoast

Praying like the dickens right now, Sissy! He is totally in the hands of the Lord now - just keep praying for him to see nothing else, but only Jesus ! [[[[[[[[[[[[BIG HUGS to you]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Hi gals! My heart is so very sad and heavy. Steve went to Hospice today. He had a stent placed on Monday and has been in a state of confusion ever since. At first they thought it may have been from the anesthesia, but he has gotten worse. Hospice nurse came out at 4:00 this morning and placed a catheter and later today, Steve was still aggitated and confused. They took him over around 5:00 tonight. I can't seem to stop my eyes from leaking.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #332
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I will keep Steve in my prayers, and you.

Old 10-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #333
Matboard Maniac

Lesley I'm so terribly sorry to hear what is happening to your good friend, I'm praying that it is temporary and it will sort itself out soon, I'll be thinking of you both today, take care.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #334
Loves lavender roses

Eddie went to the Homecoming Dance at his high school last Friday. He bought her a photo and one for me. He knew I wanted pictures!! They're both wearing black and there's a black background, so it's kind of hard to see, but at least you can see their faces!! Sorry I didn't post this sooner. Lots going on lately.
Attached Thumbnails
eddie-kwanita_opt.jpg  

Old 10-21-2011, 05:48 AM   #335
Matboard Maniac

CA I Love your candy cane card, thanks for not disqualifying my card but leaving me a beautiful comment instead your the best!!
Old 10-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #336
Matboard Maniac

So happy you got a photo CA, is Eddie your son? he is so handsome and Kwanita is quite beautiful, don't they make a lovely couple.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #337
Loves lavender roses

Aww, you're so sweet! I loved your musical card, and scallops are not required!!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #338
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
So happy you got a photo CA, is Eddie your son? he is so handsome and Kwanita is quite beautiful, don't they make a lovely couple.

Yes, Eddie is my youngest adopted child. They DO make a lovely couple, don't they!!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #339
Stazon Splitcoast

CA...what a beautiful pic....The MUSCLE is quite handsome!!! How's Mama today?

I rec'd another update on Steve around 11:00 am. He had a decent's night sleep in Hospice, but he doesn't remember anything from this past week. He is crying some. If they can get his medication adjusted properly to where he is ok, they may send him home for a few days.....just a possibility. I'm so praying that he is crying out to our Jesus in his time of despair.

Chrissy...thank you for you sweet words. Steve is the Pathologist that I have worked for here at the hospital for the past 13 years. Brilliant man! He has degrees in Medicine, Law and Engineering. On August 17, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is not saved, but I (we) are working on that!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #340
Loves lavender roses

Thank you Lesley! I think he's handsome, too! He sure has a beautiful girlfriend as well!

Mom is doing much better. Her confusion is always there, but it's worse at night. It's just how it is. I think it's God's way of making it bearable for her. Thanks for asking!!

We're all still praying for Steve.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #341
101 Airborne

Oh, Lesley, will light candles for your friend Steve and still lighting them for your sweet DH.

Cuz, wowzer, look at handsome Eddie - and his beautiful date - what a gorgeous couple!! What a gorgeous card, Cuz - wonderful!!

Hi Chrissy - nice to see you here - hope all is well for you.

Take care, Ladies!! Hugs all around.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #342
Loves lavender roses

Hey Cuz! I guess you can tell I'm a proud mama!!

Old 10-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #343
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, just got in and still in the run to get my TSC made!

Lesley, been storming the heavens for Steve to hear His invitation in the midst of all that is happening - praying- praying - praying!! Hang in there - we know how close you are to all of this!!

CA, Eddie is such a handsome fellow, and his girlfriend is really cute too! Glad to hear Mom is doing a bit better - the confusion is easier to live with than some of the other stuff this past week - God is listening!!

Chrissy, glad you are back on the bus, and making cards, now I have another Sistah to catch up to!!

Kathy, bless your sweet heart for all the candles that are burning for our concerns. You are just the best - miss your face, SiS!

Hugs to everyone - making a card, I HOPE!! LYMI!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #344
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Hey Cuz! I guess you can tell I'm a proud mama!!
Ummmm, (giggling) WHY would we think that??? - Bwahahahahahah! Of course you are , and he is your BABY BOY!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #345
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Eddie went to the Homecoming Dance at his high school last Friday. He bought her a photo and one for me. He knew I wanted pictures!! They're both wearing black and there's a black background, so it's kind of hard to see, but at least you can see their faces!! Sorry I didn't post this sooner. Lots going on lately.
A great picture. They are a cute couple.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #346

Lesley, bless your heart. I hate to see you so troubled. I am praying that Steve will come around and not be so confused. I am hoping it is from medication or something like that.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #347

I just picked my Daisy up from the vet. She did very well with her surgery. The vet called me to come and get her early as she was barking and howling up a storm when she came to. I am sure she did not like the confinement of the small crate. She is still not up to power as the effects of the anesthesia have not worn off. She is such a sweet dog, she laid her head on my lap all the way home and just stared at me as I rubbed her head.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 PM   #348
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
I just picked my Daisy up from the vet. She did very well with her surgery. The vet called me to come and get her early as she was barking and howling up a storm when she came to. I am sure she did not like the confinement of the small crate. She is still not up to power as the effects of the anesthesia have not worn off. She is such a sweet dog, she laid her head on my lap all the way home and just stared at me as I rubbed her head.
Aww, I can picture every bit of this! She'll be lots better tomorrow! It's just about as hard on you as it is on her though.

Old 10-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #349
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, your Daisy knows her Mama is taking care of her!! You are so GOOD, Shirt!

I bet tomorrow she is good as new, and ready to get on with her training!!
Old 10-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #350
Stazon Splitcoast

I bet Daisy was soooo happy to see her foster mama! Precious puppy! Do you think that she is lost or that someone dropped her somewhere?

I got my challenge card done....yippee!!! I'm trying to pack up 'stuff' for a scrapbooking day tomorrow. Gotta switch gears from cards to scrapbooking.....I just wanna take EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I went to Michael's yesterday to purchase some 'stuff' and bought WAY TO MUCH!!! (As usual)! Couldn't help myself.....I walked in with my reading glasses, credit card and keys! I meant buzinezz!!! I did do my happy butt dance across the parking lot, though....(_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_)........OH....THINK I JUST THREW MY BACK OUT......WOWZER! TOO MUCH HAPPY BUTT DANCING!!!

I haven't heard anything more on Steve. I keep checking CaringBridge and have left a message on the phone. I'll keep you all posted when I can.

Love you all!!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 02:02 AM   #351
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
CA...what a beautiful pic....The MUSCLE is quite handsome!!! How's Mama today?

I rec'd another update on Steve around 11:00 am. He had a decent's night sleep in Hospice, but he doesn't remember anything from this past week. He is crying some. If they can get his medication adjusted properly to where he is ok, they may send him home for a few days.....just a possibility. I'm so praying that he is crying out to our Jesus in his time of despair.

Chrissy...thank you for you sweet words. Steve is the Pathologist that I have worked for here at the hospital for the past 13 years. Brilliant man! He has degrees in Medicine, Law and Engineering. On August 17, he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is not saved, but I (we) are working on that!
Thank you Lesley for explaining to me about your good friend Steve and how you know him, life seems terribly cruel sometimes that such a good man should have to suffer like this, when I'm sure God is so happy to see all the good he is doing in the world, but as you say perhaps it will take just this to get Steve to cry out to Jesus, and then God will send special people to Steve for him to help.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:44 AM   #352
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Oh Shirley that sweet Daisy, she has been through such a lot in her short little life, I bet when she woke from the anesthesia and found herself in a tiny crate it was very frightening. I think maybe she stared at you all the way home just to make sure it was real and not a dream, Bless her little heart.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #353
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Lesley

Quote:
I bet Daisy was soooo happy to see her foster mama! Precious puppy! Do you think that she is lost or that someone dropped her somewhere?

I got my challenge card done....yippee!!! I'm trying to pack up 'stuff' for a scrapbooking day tomorrow. Gotta switch gears from cards to scrapbooking.....I just wanna take EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! I went to Michael's yesterday to purchase some 'stuff' and bought WAY TO MUCH!!! (As usual)! Couldn't help myself.....I walked in with my reading glasses, credit card and keys! I meant buzinezz!!! I did do my happy butt dance across the parking lot, though....(_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_) (_l_) (_/_) (_l_) (_\_)........OH....THINK I JUST THREW MY BACK OUT......WOWZER! TOO MUCH HAPPY BUTT DANCING!!!

I haven't heard anything more on Steve. I keep checking CaringBridge and have left a message on the phone. I'll keep you all posted when I can.

Love you all!!!!
Love your butt dance! I got a good laugh. Praying for Steve.

CA the picture of Eddie and his girlfriend is great. Shes pretty and he is handsome. Glad Momma is doing better.

Hi everybody. I have two of my grandkids here with me so I will be MIA. Don't get to spend as much time as I like normally because they live in KC.

Hugs to all.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #354
Loves lavender roses

They are pouring the last piece of concrete right now! Yay!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 AM   #355
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
They are pouring the last piece of concrete right now! Yay!
Yay for YOU!! Well, that means there is less grass to cut too, right?? Though I bet THE MUSCLE is the one who cuts it for you! Off soon to visit a friend - we used to play guitar together at church - it will be fun!!

Shirt - how's Miss Daisy doing today?? Catch up later, gals!!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #356
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Yay for YOU!! Well, that means there is less grass to cut too, right?? Though I bet THE MUSCLE is the one who cuts it for you! Off soon to visit a friend - we used to play guitar together at church - it will be fun!!

Shirt - how's Miss Daisy doing today?? Catch up later, gals!!
Yes, and it will make a nice extension to my patio. The MUSCLE will be mowing tomorrow (begrudgingly) plus a few other things which he's earning money for. Thankfully, we are almost to the point of turning off the sprinklers, so the mowing will come to an end for several months. I tried to learn to play guitar years ago, but it hurt my fingers. It is always fun to get together with friends; wish I could do that more. I'm glad to have ladies here for club and stamp camp. I don't know what I'd do without at least that!

Old 10-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #357
Loves lavender roses

It's Tate's turn for next week's challenge. Did I miss it???

Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #358
Stazon Splitcoast

Anyone hear how Tater Tot is feeling?? its been a few days and I am worried about her -

Where are you, sweet Tater???
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 PM   #359

Quote:

Love you all!!!!
I think she was dropped. She had no collar and seems to have been very abused. Daisy was glad to see her Dad and Mom there to pick her up. She had her little smile on even though she was having pain. She is still somewhat stiff today. She tried to be her happy self when I let her out in the field to play.

What a funny happy butt dance. I went to HL and Michaels today and I couldn't get my butt to do that. I didn't even buy much. Maybe next time.

Let us know when you hear something from Steve.

Have fun scrapbooking tomorrow.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-22-2011, 10:14 PM   #360

Quote:
It's Tate's turn for next week's challenge. Did I miss it???
If we don't hear from her soon, I will give the challenge. We will wait a bit longer since she has been sick.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog