Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #2601
Stazon Splitcoast

Only 38% of the people on board survived!! (705 of the 222

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
What percent of the people on board the Titanic survived?

Sorry I'm so late, but I've been gone all day. Took my mom to the nail salon, and we both got our nails done. I can type faster now! I'm also dealing with her house. We just got new renters who will be moving in this weekend. I've been getting things fixed and ready for them to move in.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #2602
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill - YES, I am most definitely going to be there - coming with 4 of my friends but we will probably just get together around lunchtime and do our own thing!!planning on arriving by 10 am - can you give me your cell phone number so I can find you ? Mine is 267-614-1640.

Not sure of anyone else besides Korin at Sweet and Sassy stamps!
SO EXCITED to finally get to meet you!!

CA, you WOULDN'T really wear that , would you?? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD from PAUSA View Post
Sue, you answered a question with this post...that I was going to ask when I signed on.
I was wondering if you and Lesley were still planning on going to the Stamp show on Saturday...
I plan on going with Cherie, and Kathi again (I was with them at the last stamp show. (Where Lesley met all three of us) I hope to see Lesley again
and finally get to meet you Sue. Do you know if anyone else from Splitcoast will be there?

Jill
PS. Ladies, I promise not to wear my sandals with socks, or my Velcro shoes, so I don't embarrass anyone! smile
Old 04-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #2603
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Only 38% of the people on board survived!! (705 of the 222
Close. Divide 705 by 2228, and you will get the correct percentage.

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 04-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #2604
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Jill - YES, I am most definitely going to be there - coming with 4 of my friends but we will probably just get together around lunchtime and do our own thing!!planning on arriving by 10 am - can you give me your cell phone number so I can find you ? Mine is 267-614-1640.

Ummmm, mayyyybeeeee.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #2605
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Close. Divide 705 by 2228, and you will get the correct percentage.
OKAY - 31.6% somebody at Google came up with that other number!
Old 04-13-2012, 10:14 AM   #2606
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
OKAY - 31.6% somebody at Google came up with that other number!
Congratulations, Greenie!! You are correct!!!

The number of people who survived the 1912 Titanic sinking is estimated at around 700 of the original 2,228 on board which is 31%. (The number of deaths is still an estimation.)

Old 04-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #2607
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Sue, I'm going to try and send you a PM...
The reason I say try, is for a while I could not send PM's through Split Coast...Haven't tried for while. this will be a test to see if It will allow me to send one to you...
QFTD165
Old 04-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #2608
Forum Fanatic

Okay, Sue, I think the PM I sent to you went through...

I'm a little nervous about tomorrow. I have NO self control when I enter a craft show. I always over spend. LOL. That's why I try not to go to too many. I already have a list of booths I want to visit, and things I want to buy, and I'm not even there yet. smile...
QFTD165
Old 04-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #2609
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

CA, thank you for sending me the cute little bears. I hate to tell you that I have been so sick the past 7 days, I have not felt like doing anything. I have no mojo what so ever. Thankfully my design team things were pretty much done or I wouldn't have got them done either. Please forgive me for not doing a card especially when you were so thoughtful to send me bears to put on mine. My allergies are the worst they have ever been. They said this allergy season was going to be bad. I was sick on Easter, had to go get a steroid shot and z pack. Even today, dh tells me to go back to the dr. I am getting better, but it is slow. I totally feel exhausted. Tomorrow is my day to host my card club. My daughter has been really good to help me with this and did my Easter dinner or I wouldn't be able to do it. Thankfully she went to Sam's today and got me some meatballs for the crock pot.

Hugs to you all.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #2610
Watercolor Wizard

So Sorry Shirt...being sick is no fun.and with alergies to boot....hope you get well soon hun!!

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 04-13-2012, 06:48 PM   #2611
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sue, I'm going to try and send you a PM...
The reason I say try, is for a while I could not send PM's through Split Coast...Haven't tried for while. this will be a test to see if It will allow me to send one to you...
ok got your PM and email - we are ready for tomorrow!! I will help you "walk away" from the booths if you get too tempted!! LOL - will you help me?? See you soon - cleaning up and going to bed soon !
Old 04-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #2612
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

In which city was the RMS Titanic built?

Old 04-13-2012, 08:25 PM   #2613
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
CA, thank you for sending me the cute little bears. I hate to tell you that I have been so sick the past 7 days, I have not felt like doing anything. I have no mojo what so ever. Thankfully my design team things were pretty much done or I wouldn't have got them done either. Please forgive me for not doing a card especially when you were so thoughtful to send me bears to put on mine. My allergies are the worst they have ever been. They said this allergy season was going to be bad. I was sick on Easter, had to go get a steroid shot and z pack. Even today, dh tells me to go back to the dr. I am getting better, but it is slow. I totally feel exhausted. Tomorrow is my day to host my card club. My daughter has been really good to help me with this and did my Easter dinner or I wouldn't be able to do it. Thankfully she went to Sam's today and got me some meatballs for the crock pot.

Hugs to you all.
Oh Lovely Driver with the Shiniest Halo!!! Now I feel bad about that crack about your halo being crooked!!! My allergies are going nuts right now, too, so I know how you feel!! If I hadn't die cut that little lamb days ago, I wouldn't have made my card either!! I'm so sorry you're sick!! I am praying for you!! You take care now!! LYMI

Old 04-14-2012, 03:53 AM   #2614
Loves lavender roses

Sistahs!! I have news! The social worker just left and she brought me a little boy! We'll call him "J" for confidentiality's sake. He's only 5. He'll be 6 in July though. I have to arrange for a doctor appointment on Monday, and the SW has to get me some school records so I can get him in school here. He's only in Kindergarten, so that's just half days. He has a trash bag with clothes in it, and she said she couldn't find socks, so I have to go buy him some socks in the morning. I'm going to try to go back to sleep. It's not yet 5 a.m. and I was awakened by a phone call before 3 a.m., and I have a busy day ahead. Love to all, and I'm praying for your needs!

Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #2615
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my heart goes out to J. Poor little guy to be in the system at 5 but he is lucky he got you! I know he needs loving and positive reinforcement. Praying for all of you. Eddie will be a great example for him. God brought you together that I am sure of.

I'm sinning because I am envious of you ladies going to a stamp show! Never been to one. Where I live there is nothing like that. I did go to a scrapbooking show a few years back. They had a few stamps.

Well off to go get some food in the house. I hate to go grocery shopping! Its my dreaded chore each week.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #2616
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Oh my heart goes out to J. Poor little guy to be in the system at 5 but he is lucky he got you! I know he needs loving and positive reinforcement. Praying for all of you. Eddie will be a great example for him. God brought you together that I am sure of.

I'm sinning because I am envious of you ladies going to a stamp show! Never been to one. Where I live there is nothing like that. I did go to a scrapbooking show a few years back. They had a few stamps.

Well off to go get some food in the house. I hate to go grocery shopping! Its my dreaded chore each week.
Thanks, Silly. We went to WalMart, and I got him a two piece sweat set plus a t-shirt and some socks. I also bought him a helmet so he can ride one of the bikes I have here.

I have never been to a stamp show either! They were supposed to have one in Reno, but I never signed up to go because I'd have to get someone to stay with my mom.

Have fun doing your grocery shopping!! I'm going to buy a take-and-bake pizza for tonight's dinner, and I bought some ice cream and ice cream cones for the dessert. They'll like that!!

Old 04-14-2012, 04:40 PM   #2617
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Sistahs!! I have news! The social worker just left and she brought me a little boy! We'll call him "J" for confidentiality's sake. He's only 5. He'll be 6 in July though. I have to arrange for a doctor appointment on Monday, and the SW has to get me some school records so I can get him in school here. He's only in Kindergarten, so that's just half days. He has a trash bag with clothes in it, and she said she couldn't find socks, so I have to go buy him some socks in the morning. I'm going to try to go back to sleep. It's not yet 5 a.m. and I was awakened by a phone call before 3 a.m., and I have a busy day ahead. Love to all, and I'm praying for your needs!
I'll be saying a prayer for you and J that it all goes smoothly. 5 is such a great age, I really enjoyed my daughter and grandchildren the most when they were that age. So much fun do things together, and they mostly want your attention and love.
QFTD165
Old 04-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #2618
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post

So sorry to hear that you have never managed to get to a stamp show. They are so much fun. Today was only my second time...but they can be so expensive. Especially if you are like me and have so little self control. I wanted to buy everything there.

It was a really special day to be able to meet Sue, She really helped to make my day. But I am so tired. I literally shopped till I dropped! LOL

Jill'
QFTD165
Old 04-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #2619
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So sorry to hear that you have never managed to get to a stamp show. They are so much fun. Today was only my second time...but they can be so expensive. Especially if you are like me and have so little self control. I wanted to buy everything there.

It was a really special day to be able to meet Sue, She really helped to make my day. But I am so tired. I literally shopped till I dropped! LOL

Jill'
Jill, I'm so sorry that I missed you today!!!! I kept looking for someone who had a cardigan on...Sue said you wore one. I spent ALL of the monies that I had today......I'm so BROKE! Heehee! BUT, I got items that I had wanted. So, I'm happy......AND TIRED!!! Spending all that money is exhausting! LOL! I was so happy to meet CathyMac and Korin from Sweet N Sassy stamps today. That was a nice treat. Debbie and I are planning to go to CKC convention in Lancaster at the end of July....Maybe we can get together there! I hope!!!!

Hugs, my friend!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #2620
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt, Sue was telling me today how sick you have been! I"m so sorry, sweetie! You are in my prayers.....nasty allergies!!! Wish I could hug all of the allergies away!!!!

CA.....Congratulations on little "J". I know he will feel the love at your home. I'm so happy for you!!!!

Sue....it was TERRIFIC seeing you today! You are such a sweetiepie!!!! I'm so blessed to call you my SISTAH!

Silly, how ya doing gal? Did ya get some good stuff at the food store? Food shopping is always a chore nowadays. I never minded it when I was younger, but now, it's just pain to go!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #2621
Proud Fan Club Member

Well I'm glad you ladies had a good time at the stamp show. I got to go to Wal-Mart and the butcher shop! Hubby did take me out to dinner.

Its been a beautiful day here but they are predicting bad weather tonight and tomorrow. If its storming bad in the morning I won't go to church. I'll look up the link that Pat gave me for her church and do church online. I've never done that before so it should be fun.

I need to go make a card for QFTD. I know I'm late but better late than never. Wow have you ladies looked at Charlene's gallery? She has an awesome gallery.

Suzie Q I'm anxious to hear about your day.

CA that was nice of you to get J a helmet. Was he excited or is he reserved? I know he will enjoy pizza and ice cream! What a sweetie you are.

Lesley when my kids were little I would shop all the ads in the paper but I also lived in town. When your kids are little you need all the extra moolah you can get or at least I did.

Shirt I am so sorry you are sick because of allergies. I used to have a lot of sickness with them too but the last few years I have been much better. I do take Alegra everyday. Get as much rest as possible.

Jan hope you are doing well. You too Wendy.

Kathy I sent you an email but you have never responded. I figure you may not have even looked at your email. I know you are really busy. I'm sure you are at church tonight and lit candles for us. I appreciate that.

Pat and Tater hope your hands are doing better.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #2622
Loves lavender roses

Thanks to all my sistahs for the well wishes for "J" and us. What a day! I never went to sleep after that early morning phone call. I'm so tired. I even went off my diet and ate some of the pizza because I was too tired to prepare myself something different. That's OK. It's a good kind of tired. J sure likes Eddie. The only thing that seems to concern him is when he will get to see his little sister again. She's 4 and in another home a couple of miles from here. I know we will have to get the kids together somehow for a play date now and then. We'll have see what the judge says. My love to all, and you're all in my prayers!!

Oh, how's Tater? It's her turn for the challenge. Anybody heard from her recently??? I've had her in my prayers for that hand.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #2623
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Jill, I'm so sorry that I missed you today!!!! I kept looking for someone who had a cardigan on...Sue said you wore one. I spent ALL of the monies that I had today......I'm so BROKE! Heehee! BUT, I got items that I had wanted. So, I'm happy......AND TIRED!!! Spending all that money is exhausting! LOL! I was so happy to meet CathyMac and Korin from Sweet N Sassy stamps today. That was a nice treat. Debbie and I are planning to go to CKC convention in Lancaster at the end of July....Maybe we can get together there! I hope!!!!

Hugs, my friend!
I'm sorry that I missed you too. The place didn't seem that big when we walked in. But after you are there for a while, and can't find your friends for a half an hour, You know that it's much larger than you thought. LOL. Sue did not give you much of a description to look for me...smile. I know what you mean by BROKE, and tired! Me too, and would you believe, my two crafting buddies are going again tomorrow! They invited me to go along, but I regretfully said, NO...too much temptation, becase there were several booths I never even got around to seeing. they want to try and do some Make and Takes, and get to see some more free demos...
CathyMac and Korin, are two sweeties, I got to meet them more than a year ago. I hope to see Korin again, in a few weeks, to take a class with her.
QFTD165
Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #2624
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

On this day, April 14th in 1865, President Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth while attending a play at Ford's Theater. What was the name of the play?

This makes TWO trivia questions for today! Did you see the other one about the Titanic?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #2625
Loves lavender roses

Posts 2612 and 2624 are both trivia questions.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #2626
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, a LOT has happened in the past 24 hours - I am tired but wanted to say Hi -

CA, I know you will make "J" feel comfortable and loved - and Eddie will too! Sounds like he is alreaady loving being with you - it will be nice if he can see his little sister - hope that is allowed!

Shirt - I am praying for your allergies to get LOST and leave you alone so you can feel better fast, Sis! Hopefully the shot and the Z? pack have started to give you some relief!

Tater, Sistah, hope your hand is doing okay - wondered how things went with your Mom last weekend! If you can give us the challenge, you are hereby excused from making a card - you just get to judge them!!

Pat - enjoy the weekend and relax - sounds like that "party"was fun - you work with such a great bunch of people! Kelley asked about you today!!

Brat - how Spencer doing? back to normal yet - both the kids playing soccer yet?? haven't been here for the whole day so not sure what is going on with you.

Silly - we had a great time today, but don't be jealous - we drove 1+ hours each way and walked the entire rest of the day with a 15 minute break for lunch - I would have been carrying you, cause I barely made it - shoes are off and icing my knees now!!

Kathy - caught up with most of your cards - gorgeous work - only 54 days to go till Straw time!! LOL

Jan, I am sure I have missed a couple of your cards - just snowed under by todays travels - hope to catch up to those beauties tomorrow late afternoon! Especially the challenge for this morning which I missed - saw LOTS of ODBD today though, so was thinking of you!!

Wendy, same with your cards - I look in the TSC for everyone's but not sure if I caught them all yet - you are having a ball with all the challenges aren't you?? Doing a super job too!

Jill , Cheri and Cathy - was so good to see you today - just not enough time!!
Lesley, was so happy to meet your boss, Debbie - she is a doll - no wonder she is your BFF! Here's the pics we took today!

Night all - LYMI
Attached Thumbnails
debbie-lesley.jpg   lesley-sue.jpg   lesley-all-shopped-out.jpg  

Last edited by irishgreensue; 04-14-2012 at 07:42 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #2627
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
In which city was the RMS Titanic built?
BELFAST IRELAND
Old 04-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #2628
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
On this day, April 14th in 1865, President Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth while attending a play at Ford's Theater. What was the name of the play?

This makes TWO trivia questions for today! Did you see the other one about the Titanic?
... Lincoln was shot while watching the play Our American Cousin with his wife Mary Todd
Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #2629
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
BELFAST IRELAND
Congratulations Greenie!!! You are correct!!!

Belfast, Ireland was the city were the Titanic was built. It departed from Southampton, England on April 10, 1912.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #2630
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
... Lincoln was shot while watching the play Our American Cousin with his wife Mary Todd
Congratulations again, Greenie!!! You are correct!!!

Our American Cousin is a play in three acts by Tom Taylor. The play is a farcical comedy whose plot is based on the introduction of an awkward, boorish American to his aristocratic English relatives. Halfway through Act III, Scene 2, John Wilkes Booth, an actor at Ford's Theatre but who was not in the cast of Our American Cousin, shot President Abraham Lincoln.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #2631
Stazon Splitcoast

Magda43Fr

Not sure how this post got here - but we have some great prayer warriors here on the Twisted Sistahs 'bus' and our prayers are with you for whatever the need is! GOD is the One who is in charge! God bless!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #2632
Forum Fanatic

Sue Great Pics of you and Lesley...tfs...And you were right not enough time spent with you...Hope everyone has a good day! Will send you the pic of us.
QFTD165
Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #2633
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Wow, a LOT has happened in the past 24 hours - I am tired but wanted to say Hi -

CA, I know you will make "J" feel comfortable and loved - and Eddie will too! Sounds like he is alreaady loving being with you - it will be nice if he can see his little sister - hope that is allowed!

Shirt - I am praying for your allergies to get LOST and leave you alone so you can feel better fast, Sis! Hopefully the shot and the Z? pack have started to give you some relief!

Tater, Sistah, hope your hand is doing okay - wondered how things went with your Mom last weekend! If you can give us the challenge, you are hereby excused from making a card - you just get to judge them!!

Pat - enjoy the weekend and relax - sounds like that "party"was fun - you work with such a great bunch of people! Kelley asked about you today!!

Brat - how Spencer doing? back to normal yet - both the kids playing soccer yet?? haven't been here for the whole day so not sure what is going on with you.

Silly - we had a great time today, but don't be jealous - we drove 1+ hours each way and walked the entire rest of the day with a 15 minute break for lunch - I would have been carrying you, cause I barely made it - shoes are off and icing my knees now!!

Kathy - caught up with most of your cards - gorgeous work - only 54 days to go till Straw time!! LOL

Jan, I am sure I have missed a couple of your cards - just snowed under by todays travels - hope to catch up to those beauties tomorrow late afternoon! Especially the challenge for this morning which I missed - saw LOTS of ODBD today though, so was thinking of you!!

Wendy, same with your cards - I look in the TSC for everyone's but not sure if I caught them all yet - you are having a ball with all the challenges aren't you?? Doing a super job too!

Jill , Cheri and Cathy - was so good to see you today - just not enough time!!
Lesley, was so happy to meet your boss, Debbie - she is a doll - no wonder she is your BFF! Here's the pics we took today!

Night all - LYMI
Love those happy pics!! You gals look great!!!! TFS

Old 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #2634
Loves lavender roses

Painting Jesus

You may have seen this one, but it never ceases to amaze me!!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #2635
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Painting Jesus

You may have seen this one, but it never ceases to amaze me!!
CA... I have seen this before but I could never get tired to watching it! Simply amazing! Hubby really liked it too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!!!!!

Hugs!!!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #2636
Proud Fan Club Member

Great pictures girls! Jill where is your picture?

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #2637
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, Jill gave me the OK to post this picture - definitely better of her than of me - and let me tell you, the old gray mare - she ain't what she used to be - man, do I need a touch up!! LOL

Here's me and Jill at the Allentown stamp show!!
Attached Thumbnails
sue-jill-allentown.jpg  
Old 04-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #2638
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
OK, Jill gave me the OK to post this picture - definitely better of her than of me - and let me tell you, the old gray mare - she ain't what she used to be - man, do I need a touch up!! LOL

Fabulous picture of you and Jill! Old gray mare????? Seriously???? I didn't see one in that picture! We will DEFINITELY catch up together at CKC in July.......we gotta get a group picture. Debbie and I will be there! Thanks for sharing this darling pic!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #2639
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

Great pic!!! You both look wonderful!!! How many days???

Old 04-16-2012, 05:26 AM   #2640
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
CA... I have seen this before but I could never get tired to watching it! Simply amazing! Hubby really liked it too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us!!!!!

Hugs!!!!!
Glad you both liked it!!!