Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 07:55 AM   #2481
Proud Fan Club Member

Good Monday morning. It's beautiful here. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. I have a pond right out the back. There is a wooden fence in my back yard then a few feet after that is a pond. I have seen little wood ducks, geese, oh and a big tall bird with a big beak. Can't think of what they are called (senior moment) but they come fishing in the pond. Plus all sorts of smaller birds on their way to their summer home stopping to rest and get a drink. I had to take a turtle to the pond because my dog was harassing it. My asparagus is coming up. I'm going out in a minute to cut some. I just love Spring. Everyone have a lovely day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 AM   #2482
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Good Monday morning. It's beautiful here. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. I have a pond right out the back. There is a wooden fence in my back yard then a few feet after that is a pond. I have seen little wood ducks, geese, oh and a big tall bird with a big beak. Can't think of what they are called (senior moment) but they come fishing in the pond. Plus all sorts of smaller birds on their way to their summer home stopping to rest and get a drink. I had to take a turtle to the pond because my dog was harassing it. My asparagus is coming up. I'm going out in a minute to cut some. I just love Spring. Everyone have a lovely day!
Good morning!! Silly, I think I could live forever in a place like that!!! Sounds like Heaven on Earth!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #2483
Proud Fan Club Member

CA it is! I am very blessed to live here. The air is clean. Being from the city it always caught me off guard but when two cars meet each other on the road they wave hello to you. Now its getting less frequent but most people still do it. Neighbors help when needed. One time Jerry got called out to work. He would be gone 24-36 hours at a time. We had 20 acres of alfalfa cut and it was going to be bailed that evening. Well they came out with severe thunderstorm warnings and about 20 neighbors showed up and got 300 bales of hay put in our barn. I never did know how they found out. The rain would have ruined the hay and alfalfa is very expensive to grow. Just a good part of the country. I tell you what's scary and that is all the Meth in Missouri. Since there is so much farming these people steal the amonia from the farmers. It was the #1 state for Meth again this year.
Well I cleaned downstairs today. Its liveable again! How can two adults get a house so dirty is beyond me. I waited till my dinner was cooking and I went and cut my asparagus. Brought it in cooked it and ate it all! It was delicious.
Gotta go help my husband with a horse. We have mares here to be bred and I help. When the deed is done my husband handles the stud and I walk the mares around so they cannot pee. When they do they get rid of a lot of the sperm. So walking them for a few minutes helps. Everyone have a great evening.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #2484
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Default Grammy News!!!!!

Name:  Jamie's Audrey.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  1.8 KB <---Hey Sistahs! Recognize this avatar? Yep, Jamie. This morning she found out that Jonathan is gonna be a BIG brother in December! Wooo-hooo! Praise God! Just had to share! LYMI, lots!

P.S. If it's a girl, Audrey! Lol- go figure, and a boy will be Rocky Jay. She is naming the boy after her step dad, Jay. Isn't that sweet?
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 04-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #2485
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly, you still on here??
Old 04-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #2486
Forum Fanatic

hello girls.... Yes I love spring when the birds return...I am waiting for my barn-swallows, last year when they returned, I was in the yard...and they got home...and they were so happy...cheeping and swooping all around the yard..what a blessing to see them..so now I hope I catch them when they make it this year too...I was a Joy from the Lord!!

And.....WOW Pat...Congrats!! whoo hoo...a little brother or sister for Jon! wow.....

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #2487
Stazon Splitcoast

woooo- hoooo, Pat!! I am so happy for your family!!

We must have been posting at the exact same time, because one minute your post wasn't there, then IT WAS!! Oh, there is gonna be some celebrating going on tonight in the Smethers's households!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #2488
101 Airborne

Congrats, Pat - wow - that is such wonderful news - the more the merrier!!

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 04-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #2489
Stazon Splitcoast

I have no idea what transpires to "do the deed", but my hat is off to your and your DH for what you do! You will have to enlighten us when we get out to SHirt's - LOL We will have a course in Horse Reproduction 101!!

Sure sounds like God's country where you are, Silly, out in the boonies where its quiet and peaceful! I know how much I love to see everything blooming in the springtime - God renews the face of the earth and all is so beautiful again.

You have the best neighbors - for them to all come out and get all that hay and alfalfa into the barn for you like that - sounds like you all live like one big happy family - everyone helps everyone else in times of need - like the good old days, huh?

Quote:
CA it is! I am very blessed to live here. The air is clean. Being from the city it always caught me off guard but when two cars meet each other on the road they wave hello to you. Now its getting less frequent but most people still do it. Neighbors help when needed. One time Jerry got called out to work. He would be gone 24-36 hours at a time. We had 20 acres of alfalfa cut and it was going to be bailed that evening. Well they came out with severe thunderstorm warnings and about 20 neighbors showed up and got 300 bales of hay put in our barn. I never did know how they found out. The rain would have ruined the hay and alfalfa is very expensive to grow. Just a good part of the country. I tell you what's scary and that is all the Meth in Missouri. Since there is so much farming these people steal the amonia from the farmers. It was the #1 state for Meth again this year.
Well I cleaned downstairs today. Its liveable again! How can two adults get a house so dirty is beyond me. I waited till my dinner was cooking and I went and cut my asparagus. Brought it in cooked it and ate it all! It was delicious.
Gotta go help my husband with a horse. We have mares here to be bred and I help. When the deed is done my husband handles the stud and I walk the mares around so they cannot pee. When they do they get rid of a lot of the sperm. So walking them for a few minutes helps. Everyone have a great evening.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #2490
Stazon Splitcoast

Sissy...Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family! May your family continue to grow and grow!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #2491
Proud Fan Club Member

Greenie I'm back on.

Pat...what wonderful news!! Congratulations. Oh and you will be there when the baby comes and you get to stay, no hurrying home to go to work. You can be a full time Granny! It's going to be wonderful for all of you. God blesses us in wonderful ways.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #2492
Forum Fanatic

Congratulations, Pat! What wonderful News! God Bless all of you!
QFTD165
Old 04-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #2493
Loves lavender roses

Oh, Greenie!!! You crack me up!!! LOL!! You have no idea what transpires when they "do the deed"???!!!! LOL!!! Can't stop laughing!!!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #2494
Loves lavender roses

Pat!! Yay! You're gonna have DGC #2!! What a great Christmas present!!!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #2495
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Mornin' Sistahs! Thanks for sharing our excitement! I am off to the factory...wah. TTYL! LYMI
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #2496
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning Sistahs! It's already about 75 here but overcast. We are supposed to have rain today and thunderstorms tonight and for the next couple of days. We are blessed with rain. We need it still. My yard is so green and lush right now. It's about 3 acres in size so its a lot of mowing but Jerry does all of that. He keeps it perfect.

Our church has what they call Lifestyle Groups. Its just a group of people from the church. We go to a lady's house who does this every month. She tells us what kind of food we are going to have and we all bring a dish. Its her birthday month so we are all supposed to bring our favorite dish and a white elephant gift. I am taking a horse bobble head! Its so darned ugly. We get many gifts of horse stuff. Well some of its ok but a lot of western stuff has a cheap look to it. Its really not my taste in decorating but I like some of it. So all the horse stuff is downstairs. Now I made the hostess a box of cards. All scripture cards and I made the box to match. I just copied several of my cards I have made. It was a lot easier than designing new ones. I think I am going to make Parmasean Chicken. It's really good and so easy to do. I am dieting so I can eat chicken. I'll just take the skin off when I eat it. Or a big salad with a little bit of everything in it.

Off to make my Teapot card. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #2497
Proud Fan Club Member

Greenie I am sending butterfly kisses out to help you through this difficult day along with a prayer to comfort you.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #2498
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Greenie I am sending butterfly kisses out to help you through this difficult day along with a prayer to comfort you.
Of course, I will pray for Greenie, too, but I have no idea why this is a difficult day. God knows, though. Praying.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #2499
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

In which month in 1963 was John F. Kennedy assassinated?

Most of us won't even have to Google this one!! Easy peasy!!

Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #2500
Stazon Splitcoast

JFK was assassinated Nov 24th, 1963 - a day we will all remember for the rest of our lives!!
Old 04-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #2501
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
JFK was assassinated Nov 24th, 1963 - a day we will all remember for the rest of our lives!!
Congratulations, Greenie!!! You are correct!!

John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States, was assassinated at 12:30 p.m. Central Standard Time on Friday, November 22, 1963, in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.

You got the month right which is what counts, but I think it was November 22, not November 24.

Yes, we will all remember that day. I was in high school, home sick with the flu and watching "The Three Musketeers" on TV when Huntley and Brinkley broke in with the report. We saw nothing else on TV for many days after that. It was very shocking and so sad, especially the funeral.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #2502
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

With which sport would you associate the Ryder Cup?

Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #2503
Stazon Splitcoast

Golf!

Thanks for your prayers yesterday, my sistahs!! Turned out to be a blessed day!! Bless your hearts for all you do!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #2504
Die Cut Diva

Sylvia, I will not be able to do your challenge this week. Family coming for Easter and we are all going to tell Mom that we are moving her. We cannot let her stay on the ranch alone any longer. Also, my hand is worsening!!! Rat Feathers!!!! So it sounds like fun and sorry I'll miss it.

How did the wedding go Shirt? Why is Greenie having a tuff day? AND, Congrats Mimi Pat!!!! So exciting and as someone said already, at least you can be there for the birthing this time!!! Blessings are showering down on you Sistah! Not much longer for you at the Factory!!! All of y'all have a very blessed Easter full of appreciation for his sacrafice. God's blessing to all!
Old 04-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #2505
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Golf!

Thanks for your prayers yesterday, my sistahs!! Turned out to be a blessed day!! Bless your hearts for all you do!
Greenie!!! Congratulations, You are correct!!!

The Ryder Cup is a biennial golf competition between teams from Europe and the United States. The competition is jointly administered by the PGA of America and the PGA European Tour, and is contested every two years, the venue alternating between courses in the United States and Europe. The Ryder Cup is also the name of the trophy, after the person who donated it, Samuel Ryder.

Greenie, you're always praying up everyone else, so we're glad to pray for you, too!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #2506
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Sylvia, I will not be able to do your challenge this week. Family coming for Easter and we are all going to tell Mom that we are moving her. We cannot let her stay on the ranch alone any longer. Also, my hand is worsening!!! Rat Feathers!!!! So it sounds like fun and sorry I'll miss it.

How did the wedding go Shirt? Why is Greenie having a tuff day? AND, Congrats Mimi Pat!!!! So exciting and as someone said already, at least you can be there for the birthing this time!!! Blessings are showering down on you Sistah! Not much longer for you at the Factory!!! All of y'all have a very blessed Easter full of appreciation for his sacrafice. God's blessing to all!
Enjoy your Easter with your family, Tate! Telling your mom she's being moved might be difficult, but you know it has to be done. It might be a relief, too. Have a blessed Easter, Sistah!! Still praying about your hand, too.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #2507
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Tater Tot -

So sorry you are all having to face this with Mom - hopefully you can present it to her like a grand new ADVENTURE and get her happily excited that she will be so much closer to y'all!!

Sad to hear your hand is not getting better - Rat Feathers, indeed!! I will keep praying for it to start coming around on a positive note, or that the doctor can do something to help you!

The other day was a bit tough because it was my DH's 13th anniversary, but the Lord was good to me and I was busy all day to keep my mind at peace - the Father always delivers - bless His Holy Name!

Praying for all of you Sistahs, that the Risen Savior blesses you and your families abundantly with His Peace - have a wonderful Easter!!!! LYMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post

Old 04-04-2012, 06:58 PM   #2508
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Tater I'm sorry you are having to tell your Mom she has got to leave her home. I know how hard it was because I had to do it too. Prayers going up for that situation. Also don't worry about the challenge. We can't all make each challenge. I'm so sorry your hand is still bad and getting worse. I don't know whats wrong with it. Have a wonderful Easter with your family.

Everyone hope you are all doing good. I made a card today for the sketch challenge and its a dud. I almost didn't post it. You know how it is, some days are not as good as others. I have to go back and find my challenge because I don't remember all of it!! Now thats bad.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #2509
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly - it is in Post #2452

Feel good that you got something done today - I DIDN'T!! my BAD!!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #2510
101 Airborne

Tater,
I'm so sorry about your Mom, sad for you and sad for her. I will keep you in my prayers - and your Mom.

Hi Ladies, stopped in to find the challenge for next week - and then off to Springfield for lunch with my son and his wife at Delaney's - yummerz! Hugs all around - K.

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 04-05-2012, 08:38 AM   #2511
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Airborne View Post
Tater,
I'm so sorry about your Mom, sad for you and sad for her. I will keep you in my prayers - and your Mom.

Hi Ladies, stopped in to find the challenge for next week - and then off to Springfield for lunch with my son and his wife at Delaney's - yummerz! Hugs all around - K.
Hi, Cuz!! I'm giving the challenge for next week, but I'm not due to give it until tomorrow. Enjoy your luncheon!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #2512
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Hi Gals, hope all is ok. Sounds like CA was under the weather, glad you are ok now. Tate sorry to hear about your hands and the news you have to give your mom. I hope that goes better than you think. Greenie, glad your sad day is behind you. Thought of you lots that day. Congrats, Silly on being the queen. I am about to get back to normal here, if there is a normal. You will find pictures of the wedding over on my blog.
Hugs to you all.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #2513
Loves lavender roses

On My Father&#39;s Side by The Barn Again Gang - YouTube

Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #2514
Stazon Splitcoast

Beautiful, CA, thanks for sharing that!!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #2515
Forum Fanatic

Hi Girls... Greenie, Carroll, Michelle (I think), Kathy, SillyFilly...thats all I see on here today......I'm just trying to catch up.been away so much this week, and get so far behind...

I didn't get a card done for tomorrow!!...not sure I am able too, I have a card to finish for a little 2 year old from our church...so must get it done first....I do all the cards for our church, Birthdays, Anniversaries, get Well, Sympathy's..so make alot extra, and try to keep up with the challenges....but can't so many times...

did this make sense...I'm tired.....

Love & Hugs to all...

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/

Last edited by heartsong47; 04-05-2012 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: not finished
Old 04-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #2516

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Hi Girls... Greenie, Carroll, Michelle (I think), Kathy, SillyFilly...thats all I see on here today......I'm just trying to catch up.been away so much this week, and get so far behind...

I didn't get a card done for tomorrow!!...not sure I am able too, I have a card to finish for a little 2 year old from our church...so must get it done first....I do all the cards for our church, Birthdays, Anniversaries, get Well, Sympathy's..so make alot extra, and try to keep up with the challenges....but can't so many times...

did this make sense...I'm tired.....

Love & Hugs to all...
Wow, Jan, it really sounds like you keep really busy.
My name is Shirley aka Shirt. No Michelle's here.

We understand that everyone cannot always do the challenge. Just know you are welcome to do one any time you can.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #2517
Loves lavender roses

A Little Birdie Told Me TSC0413

Use a die cut critter on your card.

Option #1: Use a Cricut or other programmable machine to create a critter using two or more colors.

Option #2: Use a Big Shot or Cuttlebug machine with any size die to create a critter using more than one color.

Option #3: Use 3-D stickers or other stickers adhered to card stock and cut out to create your critter.

Also, use a stamped or computer generated sentiment, any theme, any colors.

That's it!!! This is next week's challenge: TSC0413

Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 AM   #2518
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

Which planet once had a "Great Dark Spot" before it disappeared in 1995?

Old 04-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #2519

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
Use a die cut critter on your card.

Option #1: Use a Cricut or other programmable machine to create a critter using two or more colors.

Option #2: Use a Big Shot or Cuttlebug machine with any size die to create a critter using more than one color.

Option #3: Use 3-D stickers or other stickers adhered to card stock and cut out to create your critter.

Also, use a stamped or computer generated sentiment, any theme, any colors.

That's it!!! This is next week's challenge: TSC0413
I have not cricut cartridge with critter, no die cut with critter and no 3 D

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Big hugs.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #2520
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
I have not cricut cartridge with critter, no die cut with critter and no 3 D

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Big hugs.
Not even one doggie sticker???? All you have to do is stick a sticker on a piece of card stock and cut around it!! Pop it up on your card and, Voila!!! That was option #3 other than use an already made Jolee's type 3-D sticker. You can make your own.