Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #201
Stazon Splitcoast

Whew, just took off my "running shoes" - still have a lot of catching up here -

CA - can only say - I don't know how you are keeping up with everything - such a worriment with Mom - really keeping you all in prayer, to be able to do whatever you have to do, and for Mom to be okay! and Eddie too - can't forget the "Muscle" {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Tater - what a BEAUTIFUL story of the happy wedding you all got to celebrate together - sounds like it went on wonderfully despite - or because of - the rain - God's gift to you all there in Texas. What a wonderful story!! Made my eyes leak!!

Brat and Lesley - guessing the 2 of you are so busy with a lot going on in both households - Keeping the prayers coming that things are working according to His plan and will bless all that is happening for your good!

Sylvia - thanks for keeping in touch - sorry I have been MIA the last couple days - trying to get back on track - SOON! You are so sweet!

Kathy - you have the biggest heart, keeping those CANDLES ( aka the "home fires" burning) for all of your Sistahs. Thank you also for your sweet comments to keep us ALL going day after day!

Shirt - so happy for Tiggerford and his NUMBER ONE status!! He is such a sweet man and I am tickled he beat out Cry Baby - AGAIN!!

Pat - another busy weekend for you - it never ends, does it, my friend? Well, just look at the Bright side - another weekend closer to your retirement!!

Oh, and wenchie, thanks for the tutorial you posted - now if only I can nick out a spot of tiime to try that - I sure need to keep things organized in my limited amount of space - this should help - (oh, what I would give for a "craft room")

Thanks to ALL OF YOU - for the unbelievable amount of support from the ODBD guest designer this month. I am so appreciative always of your prayers also and thank you from the bottom of my heart - None of this would have happened if it were not for the inspiration from all of you! Blessings to all of you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! Quickly dropping by......I brought Mark home from the hospital yesterday (Sunday). He is doing much, much better, but very weak and a little shaky. He will be on Coumadin for approximately 6 months and the docs changed his blood pressure medicine, so we have to get used to taking new meds. He will be having blood work tomorrow and then hopefully to PT on Wednesday. I am at work half day today and hoping I can take off T and W.

So sorry to be MIA....haven't been near a puter too often. Thank you all so much for your prayers! I love all of you so berry much!

TATER.....I'm very thankful for the rain that you're getting! Thanks for the heartwarming story of the wedding!

Kathy...thank you for being so faithful with your candles and prayers! You are such a sweetheart and a faithful servant!

CA....praying for mama, you and Eddie. I wish I could hug you in person!!!!

Silly.....how 'bout them Cardinals! Hope they go all the way to the World Series!

Greenie.....Congrats on ODBD! I'm so proud of you, gal!

Wenchie....love you too, gal! Your stories crack me up! What was it that CA was gonna call you??? Oh...Grace! I love it! Heehee!

Brat...praying for you....love you, gal!

Sissy.....praying for your hands! I know what it is like to work through hand pain....I've had fibromyalgia for years and sometimes all the typing that I do just wreaks havoc on my hands. I understand! Love you so, so much!!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #203
Watercolor Wizard

Thats such a sweet story tater!! Bless their marriage mightyly

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 10-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #204
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Tate, I forgot to tell you that I cried when I read your story about the wedding and the rain!! How awesome!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 10-10-2011, 04:21 PM   #205
Proud Fan Club Member

Pat I feel for you. I have problems with both of my hands but my left has been hurting so bad I haven't made any cards nor been online much for the last few days. I have a brace to wear. I usually wear it at night when I sleep when its hurting like this. Its really swollen. My doctor said when you have Carpal Tunnel it flares up often because of how we sleep. Your hands get in funky positions. My hands flare up every now and then since I quit working but nothing like they were doing before. I know mine aren't nearly as bad as yours but I can sympathize with you. All the Sistah's on the bus are in my prayers. Your hands are very important. You have to keep up with those beautomous cards you make! Plus you have to cook and clean ya know! Yuck.

Kathy thank you for the compliment on my cards. You're too sweet. Yeah Pujols just hit a 2 run home run! Go Cards!

CA you and your Mom are in my prayers. Hope she is doing better and I hope you are doing ok. It's a lot of work when she is sick I'm sure.

Greenie hope you are rested up and doing well. Working on your ODBD card for this week I'm sure.

Please keep the 10 month old baby that disappeared out of her crib in KC in your prayers. Both parents were home. The police could see where the house was broken into when the baby was taken. I think I would lose it if that were my child. Can you imagine that poor baby wanting her Mommy. It's heavy on my heart.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:44 PM   #206
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Whew, just took off my "running shoes" - still have a lot of catching up here -

CA - can only say - I don't know how you are keeping up with everything - such a worriment with Mom - really keeping you all in prayer, to be able to do whatever you have to do, and for Mom to be okay! and Eddie too - can't forget the "Muscle" {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Tater - what a BEAUTIFUL story of the happy wedding you all got to celebrate together - sounds like it went on wonderfully despite - or because of - the rain - God's gift to you all there in Texas. What a wonderful story!! Made my eyes leak!!

Brat and Lesley - guessing the 2 of you are so busy with a lot going on in both households - Keeping the prayers coming that things are working according to His plan and will bless all that is happening for your good!

Sylvia - thanks for keeping in touch - sorry I have been MIA the last couple days - trying to get back on track - SOON! You are so sweet!

Kathy - you have the biggest heart, keeping those CANDLES ( aka the "home fires" burning) for all of your Sistahs. Thank you also for your sweet comments to keep us ALL going day after day!

Shirt - so happy for Tiggerford and his NUMBER ONE status!! He is such a sweet man and I am tickled he beat out Cry Baby - AGAIN!!

Pat - another busy weekend for you - it never ends, does it, my friend? Well, just look at the Bright side - another weekend closer to your retirement!!

Oh, and wenchie, thanks for the tutorial you posted - now if only I can nick out a spot of tiime to try that - I sure need to keep things organized in my limited amount of space - this should help - (oh, what I would give for a "craft room")

Thanks to ALL OF YOU - for the unbelievable amount of support from the ODBD guest designer this month. I am so appreciative always of your prayers also and thank you from the bottom of my heart - None of this would have happened if it were not for the inspiration from all of you! Blessings to all of you!
Thanks, Green One, he was quite tickled. Crybaby was not so happy.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Hi all! Quickly dropping by......I brought Mark home from the hospital yesterday (Sunday). He is doing much, much better, but very weak and a little shaky. He will be on Coumadin for approximately 6 months and the docs changed his blood pressure medicine, so we have to get used to taking new meds. He will be having blood work tomorrow and then hopefully to PT on Wednesday. I am at work half day today and hoping I can take off T and W.

So sorry to be MIA....haven't been near a puter too often. Thank you all so much for your prayers! I love all of you so berry much!

TATER.....I'm very thankful for the rain that you're getting! Thanks for the heartwarming story of the wedding!

Kathy...thank you for being so faithful with your candles and prayers! You are such a sweetheart and a faithful servant!

CA....praying for mama, you and Eddie. I wish I could hug you in person!!!!

Silly.....how 'bout them Cardinals! Hope they go all the way to the World Series!

Greenie.....Congrats on ODBD! I'm so proud of you, gal!

Wenchie....love you too, gal! Your stories crack me up! What was it that CA was gonna call you??? Oh...Grace! I love it! Heehee!

Brat...praying for you....love you, gal!

Sissy.....praying for your hands! I know what it is like to work through hand pain....I've had fibromyalgia for years and sometimes all the typing that I do just wreaks havoc on my hands. I understand! Love you so, so much!!!!!!
That is wonderful news.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #208
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Sistahs, sorry I have not been here much - a lot was going on, and I am now the "car line" person to get Gavin after school - another thing that got squeezed into my schedule. Just glad I am free to be able to help them since Brian found some parttime work for now!

Just checking on everyone here on the bus tonight earlier - to keep your needs ever before the Father. There has been so much lately, but He is a mighty God and a loving Father, and we need only to trust in Him. Know you are all thought of and prayed for every day!

Lesley, been praying up your Mark to get strong and heal quickly - this was a big thing to have done, and the rehab will help him progress slowly but surely. Been praying for you too, Nursie!! Hope he is not working you too hard!! LOL - you can handle it!

CA, wondering how Mom is doing today? Hoping that there is some more strength there - for the both of you! L just loved meeting her up at Jenny's in May, and I can still see her smile when we talked. With her now being more confused and so weak you are afraid of her falling, it is an extra concern. This has to be tough for you watching all this happening and hoping for the best. Praying for His will and strength for you - and Eddie too. He has such a beautiful heart, so I know this bothers him too.

Brat, I know you are busy, but praying for whatever is coming at you, Super Mom!! Please remember to take care of YOU too!! KWIM?

Shirt, hoping that you are feeling a bit more of your energy returning and feeling okay this week. Hoping and praying that any aches and pains you have only little ones, and that you are moving right along with all those little fur babies - aaack, another one in the mix to find a home for?? Lord, help you - the five was MORE than your share!!

Tater - saw the story of the wonderful wedding and hope you are still getting some rain to help with the aftermath of the fires and the drought. At least the temps are coming down a bit and you are getting some relief - You and Gunner - take care of each other - ya hear?

Silly, sorry to hear your hands are hurting and keeping you from making cards - hope you got your problem with SCS galleries straightened out and can get into your galleries - yes, I am already busy thinking about the NEXT card for ODBD - after all the shopping I did at York, you would think I would be ful of ideas - NOT! It is hard work, right, Pat?

Pat, praying for all your concerns and hoping that the week in work goes a little easier on you - they sure do push HARD in that place! We will have to ask the Father to rearrange things a little bit and shake them up - you need to have the energy and strength to keep up with your awesome cardmaking. PRAYING!

Kathy, keeping your intentions in my heart, just as you do for all of us all the time. Glad you are checking out the 5 ingredient recipes - when I start stamping, I forget about eating - darned if I lose any weight over it though! What rotten luck! Thanks for all the candles and prayers for each of us - you are a treasure!!

Wenchie - did not see you here, but Hope you had a good Thanksgiving Day with your inlaws. Catch up later!!

Hugs and Prayers for all of you Sistahs! LYMI x a trillion!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:40 AM   #209
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to wenchie

Good morning riders!

Tater . . . so sad about your friendís husband. Hopefully you get to finish your ribbon holder soon. My daughter was over last night and spied mine and promptly asked for one for herself. Sheís an avid sewer and she wants one for hanging fabrics on and another one for her closet for hanging scarves and ties. Beautiful wedding story too. Oh and peacocks!! How awesome is that?!

CA . . . happy to hear your Mom is out of the hospital, but how terribly stress full for you. Hoping things improve for you all soon.
Lesely . . . so good to hear that Mark is back home. Thatís got to be a huge relief and less worry for you travelling back and forth to the hospital all the time. Keeping him in my thoughts hoping for a speedy and uneventful recovery from here on.

Greenie . . . congrats on your ODBD debut. Your card was fantastic!

Silly and Pat . . . My thought are with you both with your arm issues. I am off to the doctors this morning for the same issues. Iím hoping to get an orthopedic referral. I have carpal tunnel and ulnar tunnel syndrome the left arm that hurts like mad most days and makes my face go numb. Iím thinking thatís probably not really a good thing huh? and itís now starting in the right arm. I also have sciatic nerve issues in my left leg. Iím falliní apart I tell ya LOL Beiní 50 sucks! LOL

Yesterday was Thanksgiving. The family was all over at my place. We ordered KFC and it was awesome! So much easier than cooking a whole meal and ohhhhh the clean up afterwards.

I better get off here and go get ready for my drís apt. You all have a fantastic day!

Proud Fan Club Member | My blog: Paper Castle

Old 10-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #210
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi riders. Its been a beautiful day here. We had a quick shower last night and they are saying we may have strong thunderstorms tomorrow. I don't want severe weather but we need rain and lots of it.

Well my hands are both better today. It goes away as quickly as it comes. Its just that in between time that stinks! I made two cards today well sorta. I totally cased a card of Pat's.

Wenchie I hope you can get that referral. Wow your arm pain makes you face numb. Isn't the human body amazing? My back causes my left thigh to burn and go numb. That's a daily happening. I'm falling apart!

Shirt has your fibro been bothering you a lot? Two of my best friends have that. One does just about anything she wants and the other is almost bed ridden. Up until about 4 years ago she was a normal person. Always doing stuff, very active. It's been really bad on her. Is it worse in the winter? I'm full of arthritis and it's worse in the winter. Actually when I went to SF I didn't really have many problems at all. Came home and boom it all was hurting again. It's the difference in the weather. Oh well getting old isn't for sissies that's for sure!

Les I am so glad you have your hubby home. I'm sure he's glad to be there too. Take care of U too. Thanks for cheering on the Cards! It would be great if they did go all the way.

Kathy hope your weeks going good. Do you use Prisma Colored Pencils? I have been using Crayola colored pencils with Gamasol. I just love the look of it and bought some and have been teaching myself how to color with them. I love my Copics but I like different mediums. Any who I 'm just trying to decide if I want to invest money in them. I love your coloring and thought I'd ask.

CA hope you, Mom and Eddie are doing good. Hang in there girl. Hugz for all of you.

Greenie you be one busy Mama lately! All that shopping is hard work! I have done a little bit of Christmas shopping. I think I am going to change how I do all this gift buying with my adult kids. Its too late to start this year because I've already spent too much money but...next year I think I am going to buy everyone one gift and give them a little money. I'm going to quit spending so much. It's a waste.

Pat I hope your week is going good. Tomorrow is hump day! When is it that you can actually retire? I hope this time goes fast for you.

Grace er um Wench you said something about being 50. Well there is a business here in the US called AARP and they provide services for senior citizens. So about a month before my 50th they sent me some literature then my best friends bought a Cadillac. I said I knew I was getting old when AARP is contacting me and my friends were buying Cadillacs. To me they were always "Old People" cars! Now they make really sporty gorgeous cars. Um wonder is that my age or my judgement speaking!?

Everyone is in my heart and prayers.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Hi riders. Its been a beautiful day here. We had a quick shower last night and they are saying we may have strong thunderstorms tomorrow. I don't want severe weather but we need rain and lots of it.

Well my hands are both better today. It goes away as quickly as it comes. Its just that in between time that stinks! I made two cards today well sorta. I totally cased a card of Pat's.

Wenchie I hope you can get that referral. Wow your arm pain makes you face numb. Isn't the human body amazing? My back causes my left thigh to burn and go numb. That's a daily happening. I'm falling apart!

Shirt has your fibro been bothering you a lot? Two of my best friends have that. One does just about anything she wants and the other is almost bed ridden. Up until about 4 years ago she was a normal person. Always doing stuff, very active. It's been really bad on her. Is it worse in the winter? I'm full of arthritis and it's worse in the winter. Actually when I went to SF I didn't really have many problems at all. Came home and boom it all was hurting again. It's the difference in the weather. Oh well getting old isn't for sissies that's for sure!

Les I am so glad you have your hubby home. I'm sure he's glad to be there too. Take care of U too. Thanks for cheering on the Cards! It would be great if they did go all the way.

Kathy hope your weeks going good. Do you use Prisma Colored Pencils? I have been using Crayola colored pencils with Gamasol. I just love the look of it and bought some and have been teaching myself how to color with them. I love my Copics but I like different mediums. Any who I 'm just trying to decide if I want to invest money in them. I love your coloring and thought I'd ask.

CA hope you, Mom and Eddie are doing good. Hang in there girl. Hugz for all of you.

Greenie you be one busy Mama lately! All that shopping is hard work! I have done a little bit of Christmas shopping. I think I am going to change how I do all this gift buying with my adult kids. Its too late to start this year because I've already spent too much money but...next year I think I am going to buy everyone one gift and give them a little money. I'm going to quit spending so much. It's a waste.

Pat I hope your week is going good. Tomorrow is hump day! When is it that you can actually retire? I hope this time goes fast for you.

Grace er um Wench you said something about being 50. Well there is a business here in the US called AARP and they provide services for senior citizens. So about a month before my 50th they sent me some literature then my best friends bought a Cadillac. I said I knew I was getting old when AARP is contacting me and my friends were buying Cadillacs. To me they were always "Old People" cars! Now they make really sporty gorgeous cars. Um wonder is that my age or my judgement speaking!?

Silly, sorry you had some bad days with your hands. It really does stink. Almost everything you do involves using your hands. My hands bother me more than anything. The summer is usually the worse on my fibro, the humidity really affects me, but sometimes the winters are bad too. I had a flare over the weekend, I am feeling better now.

We got a Caddy when my fibro was so bad I couldn't ride in the car without laying down. The seats are comfy and has so many settings on it. I hate the looks of the car, but I haven't had a better ride. I prefer the SUV. DH loves the Caddy and I cannot talk him into getting rid of it.

I have another stray I have taken in. I am such a sucker for these poor animals. This one looks to be a Basset/redbone hound mix. She has run the neighborhood since about June. She would never get close to anyone. No matter how much I tried or how much food I left for her, she was scared to death of me. My neighbor borrowed my outside pen and dog house to keep a stray that they took in and they were lucky enough to find it a home. Once that dog was gone, she trapped this dog in the pen when it went in to eat. She knew I was wanting to catch her before winter, the dog (Daisy) would never be able to survive without shelter. The first time I went to the pen to talk to her, she was shaking like crazy with fear. It has been 6 days and the turn around in Daisy has been remarkable. She is walking well on a leash. She has learned sit, come, down and we are working on stay. She may not always do them all, but she knows what I mean. She is so excited every day when I go down to see her. (atleast 2 times a day) When I leave she barks and whines for about 2 hrs. I take her to the vet tomorrow, I hope her Heart worm test is negative.

I hope you continue to have pain free hands.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #212
Die Cut Diva

Greetings Sistahs! Sorry I've not been on Das Bus; this is the first day since the wedding that I've been able to hold my head up for very long. Guess getting caught in the rain ain't all its cracked up to be. I am worried there was no word from Les on Das Bus. Has anyone heard? CA, I feel your pain with your Mom. Sometimes I make big signs for Mom telling different facts about what's going on in the family, or with her, or the news, just so she can have a sense of reassurance. Sometimes it works. Yes, we've had another 2.5 inches of rain. Still no drought breaker but certainly a blessing! Back to bed for me.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 AM   #213
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to wenchie

OK . . . cover you're eyes if you're easily offended . . . but this thought came into my head and I have to let it out!!! If it gets me sent to the top of the bus, then so be it. I happen to like it there! LOL And if you are easily offended, and you went and looked anyway, then don't complain. It's not MY fault you can't control your own curiosity. *snort*

It seems lately, there are more things wrong in everyone's lives than there is right . . . that got me to thinking . . . we are misnamed . . . twisted sistah's . . . I'm thinkin' we better resemble Whiney Old ?iTcHes . . . . or WOB's and if you're old enough you graduate to Wob-ler! *snort*

OK . . . back on track here . . .

Quote:

Silly, I did not get the referral I was hoping for, and in fact I'm not confident the doctor diagnosed properly. He gave me 3 sheets of a bazillion different back strengthening exercises. I'm like . . . LQQK at me! Do I LQQK like I excercise?! rofl Guess I will be though. He says the problem is not sciatica but it's my back. Everything I've read online says otherwise.

He made no comments about pain management so I'm on my own for that, and as far as my arm he said "lets deal with one thing at a time". So . . . hot arrow burning in the back and shoulder? Suck it up buttercup. If the face aint drooping, then I guess that's ok too. I think I'm screwed. LOL

I wanna know what colour Caddy's your friends are buying? I always thought of them as old people cars too. However . . . I must NOT be old yet because I still don't want one! Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive
I have another stray I have taken in. I am such a sucker for these poor animals. This one looks to be a Basset/redbone hound mix. She has run the neighborhood since about June. She would never get close to anyone. No matter how much I tried or how much food I left for her, she was scared to death of me. My neighbor borrowed my outside pen and dog house to keep a stray that they took in and they were lucky enough to find it a home. Once that dog was gone, she trapped this dog in the pen when it went in to eat. She knew I was wanting to catch her before winter, the dog (Daisy) would never be able to survive without shelter. The first time I went to the pen to talk to her, she was shaking like crazy with fear. It has been 6 days and the turn around in Daisy has been remarkable. She is walking well on a leash. She has learned sit, come, down and we are working on stay. She may not always do them all, but she knows what I mean. She is so excited every day when I go down to see her. (atleast 2 times a day) When I leave she barks and whines for about 2 hrs. I take her to the vet tomorrow, I hope her Heart worm test is negative.
What a great story!!! I often wish we had strays in our neighbourhood because it'd be the only way I'd get another pet. DH has put his rather large foot down and said NO MORE! LOL He knows though if I REALLY wanted one, I'd just go and get it LOL

Hugs n thoughts for you all. Have a happy day!

Proud Fan Club Member | My blog: Paper Castle

Last edited by wenchie; 10-12-2011 at 04:03 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 06:25 AM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt - good luck taking your stray, Daisy, for her test tomorrow - hope it all works out - glad Tigger is working on that driveway - yep, you needed him to get back on that so the mess is gone!

Lesley, hope that man of yours is doing better day by day - and you are able to breathe a little easier now - still keeping you in prayer!

Sweet Tater, so sorry to hear the rain has you under the weather now, even if it has blessed the state of Texas. Praying for you to be feeling better real soon - rest well until that time - you have a lot of catching up to do on the resting after the past few weeks anyhow - maybe this is God's way of slowing you down, KWIM?

Wenchie - sorry to hear about the doctor's appt - hopefully those exercises WILL definitely help at least part of your problems - give them a fair shake at least - I find that when I sit too much - then I ache - so movement could be a good thing! I just thank God I am able to get up out of bed and get on the move everyday - there are some people who don't have that in their lives, so I feel blessed! If I look around, there is always someone out there who has it a lot worse than me, Shame on Rolly, not letting you have more pets - you don't have enough, and Shirt has them coming at her constantly - something doesn't seem fair here! LOL

CA, hope Mom is doing better day by day - its a good thing she has you and Eddie to take care of her - raying for all of you every day!! Hang in there!!

Silly, wasn't really a lot of shopping - I don't do Christmas shopping , except for the 2 youngest ones up here - Rather than shipping stuff to FL, I send them the money I would have spent and let them get what the kids want or need. the Grands that live up here get gift cards for wherever they want them for. I buy them at our church and it helps with school expenses for Gavin. Saves me running around shopping in crowded malls and traffic this time of year!! Thank goodness!

Keeping all of your concerns on my heart - hope you are all having a good week - Snugs and Huggles!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:45 AM   #215
Loves lavender roses

Greenie and everyone, thanks for the prayers. I'm just so tired. A little over a week ago, my mom could get up by herself. Now, she can't. She still walks with the walker, but very slowly, taking tiny steps. She doesn't have much of an appetite, and she sleeps most of the day after sleeping 12 hours at night. The meds for the infection she had gave her the runs. It's not pretty. I've gone through a lot of latex gloves and wipes. She's not aware of much these days, but she does have lucid moments. She asked what year it was yesterday. She thought it might be 2008 or 2009. That's the closest she's been in two years. Anyway, I'm holding up OK, but I sure do appreciate all the prayers from our riders!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #216
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Just realized we didn't share too many of the pictures here from when Kathy and I were out to Shirt's. so here are some more - other than the "horn" ones with Kathy and Shirt - Just a little lighthearted fun for y'all to see!
Attached Thumbnails
visit-shirts-003.jpg   visit-shirts-032.jpg   visit-shirts-037.jpg   visit-shirts-025.jpg  
Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #217
Proud Fan Club Member

Those are great pictures Greenie. I bet you girls did have a lot of fun.

I have worked all day. I am exhausted so I 'm going to shower and go to bed. See everyone on da bus tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #218
Stazon Splitcoast

WHAT??? Oh My Gosh! All this time I have been riding the OLD PEOPLE BUS!? I am just NOT going to turn 50 next year if it is going to suck!!!

In my old neighborhood Cadillac meant - Pimps! Shirt, if your hubby is going to insist on driving that thing - be sure he is not leaning heavily to the middle console area - that just sends the completely WRONG message! Also don't wear suggestive clothing while waiting for him to pick you up!

Shirt if you keep adding to your fur family you are going to end up on TV just like those people who have LOTS and LOTS of children. Anyway, be sure you get an agreement for your own reality show so you can earn $$$ for dog food!

Greenie - you are not driving through the pick-up/drop-off lane at school in a Caddy are you?! Oh, and you will be happy to know that one year later I have been cleared - no more biopsies and talk of surgeries! I do have to get smashed - I figure if they take anything out of there I will have them sign a contract to leave it better than how they found it. I have plenty in my trunk to donate! After all, if it was not for all these lumps I have I might not have any boobs at all!!! (Please note - they have always been benign!)

Mean Mommy asks: Is it really wrong to tell the kids we are out of low fat frozen brownie yogurt and then eat it when they go to bed? I think NOT!

On the serious side: I am keeping you all in my prayers. Wenchie - chronic pain sucks - but moving around and doing exercise truly helps. I've worked in and with chronic pain clinics for 24 years now.

I have to go read to the kids and put them to bed now so I can eat the frozen yogurt! Mwahahahahaha!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #219
Loves lavender roses

Brat Girl, I have a cabinet on each side of my headboard. The one closest to where I sleep has my stash in it. Let's see, there's some chips and some Chex Mix (I like salty snacks) and some saltwater taffy I've been hording. I guess I know what it's like to be an evil mommy, too! LOL!

BTW, I'm so glad you have been cleared!! Praise the Lord!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 02:12 PM   #220
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi Brat!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so good to hear from you. I been missin you. Praise God you are clear. I never knew what exactly was wrong and didn't want to be nosey but what ever was the problem its no longer a problem! Yehaw! Hope that frozen yogurt was good.

Had to go to the computer store. Been having problems and they fixed me up. It is a glorious day. The sun is out. High of 74 but pretty windy. I love autumn.

Shirt how did Daisy come out at the Vets? Oh you have such a tender heart for those fur babies. I love it.

Hope everyone's having a great day.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie View Post
OK . . . cover you're eyes if you're easily offended . . . but this thought came into my head and I have to let it out!!! If it gets me sent to the top of the bus, then so be it. I happen to like it there! LOL And if you are easily offended, and you went and looked anyway, then don't complain. It's not MY fault you can't control your own curiosity. *snort*

It seems lately, there are more things wrong in everyone's lives than there is right . . . that got me to thinking . . . we are misnamed . . . twisted sistah's . . . I'm thinkin' we better resemble Whiney Old ?iTcHes . . . . or WOB's and if you're old enough you graduate to Wob-ler! *snort*

OK . . . back on track here . . .

Silly, I did not get the referral I was hoping for, and in fact I'm not confident the doctor diagnosed properly. He gave me 3 sheets of a bazillion different back strengthening exercises. I'm like . . . LQQK at me! Do I LQQK like I excercise?! rofl Guess I will be though. He says the problem is not sciatica but it's my back. Everything I've read online says otherwise.

He made no comments about pain management so I'm on my own for that, and as far as my arm he said "lets deal with one thing at a time". So . . . hot arrow burning in the back and shoulder? Suck it up buttercup. If the face aint drooping, then I guess that's ok too. I think I'm screwed. LOL

I wanna know what colour Caddy's your friends are buying? I always thought of them as old people cars too. However . . . I must NOT be old yet because I still don't want one! Lol

What a great story!!! I often wish we had strays in our neighbourhood because it'd be the only way I'd get another pet. DH has put his rather large foot down and said NO MORE! LOL He knows though if I REALLY wanted one, I'd just go and get it LOL

Hugs n thoughts for you all. Have a happy day!

Not curious, just my job, I tell ya.

As for being a whiny old itch, that I am not. If I were, I certainly would have deserved to be. After dealing with breast cancer, chemo, radiation, RA, Chronic fatigue and Fibromyalgia, I think I have done well without whining.

The dog is doing well. She is heart worm negative. I got all her shots and heart worm meds for her yesterday. DH not happy that I will keep her if I don't find a perfect home for her. He should have known. He said, H___ No, but he knows he has no control of this situation. She would make me 6 and I certainly don't want another dog, but if she stays, it will be ok as long as dh makes enough money for vet bills and food for all of them. It will all work out. If God brings em here, then I believe He will provide. I am going to continue thinking that way and hope that keeps those food bowls filled.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat Cards View Post
WHAT??? Oh My Gosh! All this time I have been riding the OLD PEOPLE BUS!? I am just NOT going to turn 50 next year if it is going to suck!!!

In my old neighborhood Cadillac meant - Pimps! Shirt, if your hubby is going to insist on driving that thing - be sure he is not leaning heavily to the middle console area - that just sends the completely WRONG message! Also don't wear suggestive clothing while waiting for him to pick you up!

Shirt if you keep adding to your fur family you are going to end up on TV just like those people who have LOTS and LOTS of children. Anyway, be sure you get an agreement for your own reality show so you can earn $$$ for dog food!

Greenie - you are not driving through the pick-up/drop-off lane at school in a Caddy are you?! Oh, and you will be happy to know that one year later I have been cleared - no more biopsies and talk of surgeries! I do have to get smashed - I figure if they take anything out of there I will have them sign a contract to leave it better than how they found it. I have plenty in my trunk to donate! After all, if it was not for all these lumps I have I might not have any boobs at all!!! (Please note - they have always been benign!)

Mean Mommy asks: Is it really wrong to tell the kids we are out of low fat frozen brownie yogurt and then eat it when they go to bed? I think NOT!

On the serious side: I am keeping you all in my prayers. Wenchie - chronic pain sucks - but moving around and doing exercise truly helps. I've worked in and with chronic pain clinics for 24 years now.

I have to go read to the kids and put them to bed now so I can eat the frozen yogurt! Mwahahahahaha!

If you figure out how not to get old, I sure want the recipe.

Hmmm, maybe DH will have to pimp to feed all the dogs I take in.
Brat, I am worried, I will be considered a hoarder of dogs if I keep them all.

Brat, great to hear your news. We will rest easier knowing you are ok.
Good to hear from you.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 04:34 PM   #223

CA, my thoughts are with you, I know this is really hard on you.

Tate, glad you got some rain.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #224
101 Airborne

Shirt, you aren't a whiny old witch by any stretch of the imagination - you have endured and survived - and are, therefore, a walking display of courage - not witchiness. And, my other friends on the bus - you are all strong, wonderful ladies - not whiners! Shirt, I'm sure Tig will learn to love this one - just as he has all the others - he must know that you are a pet guardian angel! Ladies, hugs all around!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:37 PM   #225

Quote:
Hi Brat!!!!!!!!!!!! Its so good to hear from you. I been missin you. Praise God you are clear. I never knew what exactly was wrong and didn't want to be nosey but what ever was the problem its no longer a problem! Yehaw! Hope that frozen yogurt was good.

Had to go to the computer store. Been having problems and they fixed me up. It is a glorious day. The sun is out. High of 74 but pretty windy. I love autumn.

Shirt how did Daisy come out at the Vets? Oh you have such a tender heart for those fur babies. I love it.

Hope everyone's having a great day.
Thanks, for asking. She is doing good. She is so smart. I have already her coming, sitting, doing down's and stay. I am so amazed at the abused little girl.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 05:52 PM   #226
Stazon Splitcoast

Braaa-aaat Girl!! Been missing your face GF!! NO, THIS IS NOT AN OLD PEOPLE BUS!! And NO, I do not drive a Cadillac either!! I drive a cool Toyota Corolla!! SO GLAD you finally gave us the news I have been waiting for - you got your ALL CLEAR!! EXCELLENT - see how He loves you!! Oh, and its is the only way to get some of the goodies is if you HIDE them - go, send the kids to bed - get you some of that low fat frozen brownie yogurt, GF!!!

CarrollAnn, I don't have to hide stuff anymore - just from myself - LOL!!

Silly, so glad you got your computer squared away now - you know that I know how that can be when you are having problems - happy you are having some gorgeous fall weather too - we had rain or dampness the past 2 days and I am staying in and getting stuff done - no time to mope about the weather here!!

Shirt - you have such a big heart for all your little strays - I have seen you in action with all of them, and they KNOW how good you are to them - great news from the vet - now if you can just find her a good home before there is not enough room left in the house for you and Tig!! I agree with Kathy - you are NOT a whiner - you are a survivor, and you and the rest of us on the bus all have things we are going through and the bus is where we can share them without worrying, because we care about each other! And that is a comforting thought! I sure hope your DH does not have to pimp so you can feed the dogs, LOL - you are not a hoarder - you just love those lil' fur babies!! LOL - I have seen you in action with them - they all respond to your kindness!!

Lesley, I know you are busy with Mark, we are all still praying big time that his rehab goes well with no further complications!

Wenchie, hope those exercises are helping your pain - they do work, just give them time - we will keep the prayers going for you to feel relief soon~~

Have a good night everyone - got some cards to make!! YIKES!Its almost Friday!!
Hugs to everyone!!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Thanks, for asking. She is doing good. She is so smart. I have already her coming, sitting, doing down's and stay. I am so amazed at the abused little girl.
Oh, I forgot to tell you something cute. Tonight my dh walked out to her pen and when I started toward them, my dh said, "I have never seen anything like it, Daisy is smiling at you". I so wish you all had seen her before I got her in to captivity and then see her now. I am so proud of her and her strides to please.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Airborne View Post
Shirt, you aren't a whiny old witch by any stretch of the imagination - you have endured and survived - and are, therefore, a walking display of courage - not witchiness. And, my other friends on the bus - you are all strong, wonderful ladies - not whiners! Shirt, I'm sure Tig will learn to love this one - just as he has all the others - he must know that you are a pet guardian angel! Ladies, hugs all around!
Oh, I never even mentioned the nasty old surgery I had with the BC, then reconstruction, reduction on other side. Now you all know all about me.

He already likes her, Kathy. He knows we don't need another dog. He is also amazed at how well she is doing in a week. Now if I had Caesar here, he could finish off her training in another day, but it will take me a while. Now if you see Caesar, send him my way.
I would rather turn him loose on the little bitty girls.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #229

Quote:
Braaa-aaat Girl!! Been missing your face GF!! NO, THIS IS NOT AN OLD PEOPLE BUS!! And NO, I do not drive a Cadillac either!! I drive a cool Toyota Corolla!! SO GLAD you finally gave us the news I have been waiting for - you got your ALL CLEAR!! EXCELLENT - see how He loves you!! Oh, and its is the only way to get some of the goodies is if you HIDE them - go, send the kids to bed - get you some of that low fat frozen brownie yogurt, GF!!!

CarrollAnn, I don't have to hide stuff anymore - just from myself - LOL!!

Silly, so glad you got your computer squared away now - you know that I know how that can be when you are having problems - happy you are having some gorgeous fall weather too - we had rain or dampness the past 2 days and I am staying in and getting stuff done - no time to mope about the weather here!!

Shirt - you have such a big heart for all your little strays - I have seen you in action with all of them, and they KNOW how good you are to them - great news from the vet - now if you can just find her a good home before there is not enough room left in the house for you and Tig!! I agree with Kathy - you are NOT a whiner - you are a survivor, and you and the rest of us on the bus all have things we are going through and the bus is where we can share them without worrying, because we care about each other! And that is a comforting thought! I sure hope your DH does not have to pimp so you can feed the dogs, LOL - you are not a hoarder - you just love those lil' fur babies!! LOL - I have seen you in action with them - they all respond to your kindness!!

Lesley, I know you are busy with Mark, we are all still praying big time that his rehab goes well with no further complications!

Wenchie, hope those exercises are helping your pain - they do work, just give them time - we will keep the prayers going for you to feel relief soon~~

Have a good night everyone - got some cards to make!! YIKES!Its almost Friday!!
Hugs to everyone!!
Oh, Green One, thank you for the kind words. I actually have a kind heart for all. I still would like to bring those 2 little kids home from the races with me. I got to see them last Sat and now not until next season. I will wonder about them.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #230
Stazon Splitcoast

You mean the little kids your DGD Bella was sitting with the night you took us to the races? - they were cute - Bella shared everything she had with them - she has your heart!!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #231

Quote:
You mean the little kids your DGD Bella was sitting with the night you took us to the races? - they were cute - Bella shared everything she had with them - she has your heart!!
Those are the ones. I have to agree with everything you said about Bella, I think that little gal is tops. She and I are like two peas in a pod. I know you will agree to that. I haven't seen her this week. I miss the little stinker.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #232
Stazon Splitcoast

Just tell her you need her to come over and play Wii with you - she will be there in a heartbeat!!

Three cards down - three to go! Yikes!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #233

Quote:
Just tell her you need her to come over and play Wii with you - she will be there in a heartbeat!!

Three cards down - three to go! Yikes!
We are going shopping today. She is out of school so she will be coming with her mom.

Hope you got your cards done.

My challenges are done for this week. Now it is time to start on next weeks.
I am sure CA has a great challenge ready for us.

Off to get ready for an afternoon with my special girls.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #234
Loves lavender roses

Default Challenge TSC1021

Next week's challenge is a sketch challenge! I've chosen a sketch from the September Card Maps which I think you'll find at PageMaps.com. Here it is:

The birdie doesn't have to be a birdie though. You can stamp an image and cut it out, use something punched or die cut, or stamp an image directly on the sentiment panel. Have fun!
Attached Thumbnails
2011-september-card-map-birdie.jpg  

Old 10-14-2011, 07:55 AM   #235
Stazon Splitcoast

oh my gosh, I am just sitting down to do THIS WEEK'S!! (groan!)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #236
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
oh my gosh, I am just sitting down to do THIS WEEK'S!! (groan!)
Don't stress, Greenie!!! With all you're doing these days, we sure do understand if you're a bit late! LYMI

Old 10-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #237
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Shirt I love you. You are so good hearted and sincere. Wow you have been through the ringer. Sometimes I think I sound whiney and I don't want to come off that way. I'm so glad Daisey is coming around. She already is loving you. Living in the country we have taken in several strays over the years. I will not let an animal go hungry. Right now I am feeding a couple of extra cats.

Greenie hope your creativity is flowing making all of those cards. Well hubster wants to use the computer so I'll be back later.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #238
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Oh Shirt I love you. You are so good hearted and sincere. Wow you have been through the ringer. Sometimes I think I sound whiney and I don't want to come off that way. I'm so glad Daisey is coming around. She already is loving you. Living in the country we have taken in several strays over the years. I will not let an animal go hungry. Right now I am feeding a couple of extra cats.

Greenie hope your creativity is flowing making all of those cards. Well hubster wants to use the computer so I'll be back later.
"Hubster", cute!!!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #239
Loves lavender roses

It's a beautiful evening tonight. Here's what it looks like from my backyard:
Attached Thumbnails
101411-sunset-1-.jpg  

Old 10-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
Next week's challenge is a sketch challenge! I've chosen a sketch from the September Card Maps which I think you'll find at PageMaps.com. Here it is:

The birdie doesn't have to be a birdie though. You can stamp an image and cut it out, use something punched or die cut, or stamp an image directly on the sentiment panel. Have fun!
Nice sketch.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog