Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #161
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
WHen we all get together, we will have to have a "group hug" about every hour just to get our fill!!! Heehee! Wouldn't that be grand? <------------oooooo, that sounded just like my Gramy!!!!

I can't wait!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #162
Watercolor Wizard

Good Morning every one, I made a card for our last challenge of gold, blue and white, and i don't know if i got it in the gallery, Pat helped me last time...its this one
TSC0930, Merry Christmas by heartsong47 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

thanks girls hugssss jan

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #163
Loves lavender roses

Yes, Jan, your card is in the gallery and such a beauty, too!!

Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #164
Watercolor Wizard

I only see my card in the gallery, I must have it in the wrong gallery........oops
so how does one find the right gallery? thanks

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 10-05-2011, 12:10 PM   #165
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
I only see my card in the gallery, I must have it in the wrong gallery........oops
so how does one find the right gallery? thanks
You have TCS0930 instead of TSC0930 in your keywords. You just need to edit that. Just remember, it stands for Twisted Sistahs Challenge.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #166
Loves lavender roses

Please keep us in your prayers. My mom has really been babbling today which she doesn't usually do, but what really has me worried is that she is not urinating like she usually does. I'm a little scared. I called the doctor here locally, but they were out to lunch. I know the Lord will take her home when He's ready, but I wonder if I ever will be.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #167
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh CA I hope she's ok. No you will never be ready to let your Mother go. There is no one in the whole world like your Mom. She loves you unconditionally. You have been a wonderful daughter caring for her like you do. I prayed after I read your post. Hugs going out to you dear friend.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #168
Proud Fan Club Member

Is our challenge for this week to make a Thanksgiving card?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #169
Watercolor Wizard

Hi every one, I am still trying to get my card in the gallery?.........I have the letter right, and it still won't enter..........I give up..... frustrated jan......lol

My Blog
Old 10-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #170
Stazon Splitcoast

Jan, Your TSC0930 Merry Christmas card IS in the gallery - both yours and the TSC0930 - don't GIVE UP!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #171
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Hi every one, I am still trying to get my card in the gallery?.........I have the letter right, and it still won't enter..........I give up..... frustrated jan......lol
Don't give up, sweet Jan!

Besides putting TSC0930, Merry Christmas

also try putting in TSC too that way it will get seen by all the twisted ones in one place instead of having to go to each individual galllery!

Thanks to Shirt and Brat Girl for telling me about that - oh , and I think someone also said to put your initials after it too!
I would put ..."saw" at the end of mine (which I still haven't gotten used to doing!!!)
Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #172
Stazon Splitcoast

Now we are up to

TSC0930, Merry Christmas, TSC, j-k (I don't know what your middle initial is - LOL)
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #173
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Hi Sylvia!!

Here is the challenge:

Challenge for 10/07 (TSC1007): Let's do a Thanksgiving card - add something that swirls (punch/die/die cut/chipboard/hand drawn) - just so it has a swirl or 2 and whatever else you want to do!

Gotta get moving on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Is our challenge for this week to make a Thanksgiving card?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #174
Stazon Splitcoast

CarrollAnn, just read you post, and have your Mom- and you - wrapped in prayer right away!! Sending you hugs !!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 PM   #175
Loves lavender roses

Greenie! I almost called you from the E.R.!!! Mom's in the hospital. She has a urinary tract infection which will be fought with antibiotics, but her oxygen saturation was low, so they did a blood gas test and it was only 86%. They put her on oxygen and decided to keep her for the night and maybe do some more tests. When she comes home, she'll be on the antibiotics and oxygen. The oxygen will be from now on. He said that it's just that her lungs are 96 years old! Thanks so much for the prayers! Hey, Silly!! Thanks to you, too, my friend!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 PM   #176
Stazon Splitcoast

You could have called - but I was already praying for Mom - are you doing okay?? Hope the oxygen helps - kept my Dad going for 10 years, but he was only 83 when he died - I know it will help and make her more comfortable at the very least - she won't have so much trouble breathing. Keep me posted, and I will keep praying!! Hugs to all of you!! You are surrounded by the prayers of all the Sistahs here on the bus!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #177
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

CA, took a nap when I got home, and am still up playing around with paper. Just saw your message and will pray for your mom. She sure is a sweetie! I still smile to think of how engaged she was telling us all about meeting your dad and their life together. That was a really sweet time, and I treasure it. Her lil eyes just sparkled! I hope you can write a story about her adventures. Get some rest. I will continue to pray for your family. {{{hugs}}} to the Muscle. LYMI
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 10-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #178
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Sistahs,

I have been praying for you DH and Steve, Lesley.

CA, I am praying for you and your mom.

I'm also keeping an eye on the rest of you and your prayer requests.

I'm out here, I've just been stressing a lot lately. I also feel bad about not getting TSC's done. This is my longest stretch ever. I have made about 30 cards in my head that never make it to paper.

The more I things I have to do the more I freeze up on making anything. Even if I get an hour too many ideas go through my head and I don't DO any of them, I'm too tired, or I have a headache.

Okay, the waaahhmbulance has has passed.

Praise God for homes, jobs, family and friends!!!
Old 10-06-2011, 04:49 AM   #179
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to wenchie

The waaaaaahhmbulance might have passed but I still here the sirens! Oh, that might have something to do with the fact that I live 3 blocks away from the hospital? LOL

Lesley . . . you and your husband have been in my thoughts. I do pop in here to read and catch up on the goings on but not much time to post lately.

CA . . . my thoughts are with you and your Mom. My Mom was recenly moved into a care home because her dementia had advanced beyond manageablility so I know little of what you're going through. Keeping you in my thoughts as well.

Everyone else? If you need thoughts, you gott'em. If you don't . . . well . . . ya gott'em anyways LOL

I'm going to spend the next day or two doing up a tutorial for my latest foam board project. It's Thanksgiving weekend here (Monday) and I have the next 5 days off. WOOT! Sad we do not have Black Friday sales like you all do. Our merchants are afraid of losing all the revenues of full price shopping.

Have a fabulous day everyone! I'm moving to the top of the bus. I wanna feel the wind in my hair!

Proud Fan Club Member | My blog: Paper Castle

Old 10-06-2011, 05:40 AM   #180
Loves lavender roses

Thank you all for the prayers! You're all in my prayers, too!

They called from the hospital last night to get verbal permission to give my mom a transfusion if necessary. They called again at almost midnight to ask permission to do a CT Scan of her lungs while injecting dye. I don't think I settled down until about 12:30 or so which is pretty late for me. I still woke up around 4:30 or 5:00. I'll let you all know if she comes home today.

Brat Girl, I know the feeling. I used to make at least a card a day unless I was out of town, but lately, I'm barely able to get the TSC done and fulfill my club and stamp camp obligations. We just have to get our priorities in order. You know what you MUST get done, and family comes first.

Wench, you're in good company up there!!

Pat, thank you for those happy thoughts! It was so much fun when we last met in Grass Valley. My mom sure enjoyed it!!
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #181
Stamp Like You Mean It

Fortunately Brat, I am a Wah-bulance chaser! Chasing you down with prayer, knowing the Father will direct your path and bless each step, because He alone knows your heart. It's good to step back and take time to re-prioritize. I've done that several times. Sending you huge {{{{hugs}}}} and endless prayer. LYMI
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 10-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #182
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Riders (on or off the bus)

CarrollAnn, kept waiting for a call, just in case, but we are all keeping the prayers coming - your Mom is so bright and resilient, and we know she is one tough cookie AND she has the best smile in town!! The best prayer warriors reside right HERE on the bus. Know your concerns are before the Father, and He alone will help you all through this - Hugs to you too!!

Terri, emailed you because we have not seen you, but with no answer, knew something was up and have been praying for your needs. There is no pressure here - just get all your "ducks in a row" the way they are supposed to be - we are here for you, will see you when you can hop back on the bus, and pray for you unceasingly to get through whatever you have. Hugs to you, and PEACE!

Lesley, how's Mark doing, and how are you holding up? Still sending a barrage of prayers up for you two and your friend, Steve and his family as well. I know how near and dear to your heart they are. Hugs!!

Hope everyone else is doing okay - how is our lovely Bus Driver?? enjoying the new wheels, there, Shirt?? I know you got your eyes on the "road" but let us hear from you so we know you are okay - you are always there for us, and we-all are praying for you too!

Wenchie - stay busy and out of trouble - or are you already IN it andthat's why you volunteered to go to the top of the bus?

Asking for blessings for all of you today!!and sending HUGS!
Old 10-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #183
Watercolor Wizard

Hope your mom comes home soon.....

and thanks for the help yesterday, between you and Pat, got my problem ironed out...hugsssss

My Blog
Old 10-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #184
Die Cut Diva

CA, just now on Das Bus and oh my goodness prayers have been going up Big Time! How's Mom holding up? I'm thinking she might not be a happy camper in the hospital but if she can feel better then its an even trade. I feel like I'm preaching to myself but, don't forget to take care of yourself too. The Muscle needs you (and you need him). Cling to one another and what will be will be. May God surround you with his loving embrace.

Jan, you sure are one determined lady, but you finally got it done!!! Congrats!

Les, haven't seen any posts, how's Mark?

Wenchie, I started my ribbon holder but then everything went on hold when my friend's husband was killed. Viewing tonight; funeral tomorrow.

I'll try to post my challenge card before I leave in the a.m. Tomorow is gonna be a FULL day. I am taking Mom to view two Retirement Centers then to the funeral.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #185
Stazon Splitcoast

Prayers going up for your friend right now, Tater!! Killed - how horrible for her - she is going to be needing some big hugs to get through that - I know that you and Gunner will be there for her!! You got such a huge and loving heart!!

Yup, you and CA - need to take care of YOURSELVES too - lots going on!!

Good luck tomorrow at the retirement centers with Mom
Old 10-06-2011, 04:55 PM   #186
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sweet Tater, you are in my prayers, and your friend too. SO sorry.... LYMI
Old 10-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #187
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Tater,

I have just prayed for your friend and for you. I'm so sorry.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #188
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm kinda of worried about Lesley because she hasn't been on here for days. I've been fretting over you Brat. I was worried about you. I'm glad you're doing alright. I'm sure your job has been stressful and I know you spread yourself thin. Now I'm fretting about Lesley. I pray her husband is ok. I'm not a worrier usually.

Pat I hope your hands are doing better. To be in pain all the time stinks. It works on you and chips away at your energy.

CA I'm praying for you, Mama and Eddie. I'm sorry I had to make my call so short but I had to get ready to leave but I just had to call you b4 I left. Why do you call Eddie the Muscle? That's got to be a cute story. Well I guess it's Eddie you're talking about!

Tater I hope things went as well as they could for your friend today. I just cannot imagine how she feels.

Wenchie enjoy your time off and Happy Thanksgiving! I'll come up to the top and let the wind blow in my hair. I want plain ol good coffee. I'll bring something good to go with it. Good luck on your newest project.

Greenie I think you are such a sweetie.

Oh bus driver I loved your CCEE card this week. It is especially gorgeous!

Jan don't get discouraged with this ol computer stuff. Someone will help you get through it.

Night all!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #189
Loves lavender roses

Hi there, Riders! I'm waiting to hear from the doctor about whether my mom can come home today or not. I need to know before I go so I'll know whether to bring warm clothes, etc. He's waiting for a culture in order to find out what bacteria caused her infection so that they can treat it with the right antibiotic. I went ahead and got my TSC done while I'm waiting. Have a wonderful Friday, my friends. You're all in my prayers!! LYMI

Old 10-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #190
Proud Fan Club Member

Well the challenge for 10-14 is to make a fall card using with some metalic on it. Could be paper, embelishments, embossing. What ever you like. I'm loving all the fall cards in the galleries.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #191
101 Airborne

Lesley, hope all is going well with Mark. CA, got your Mom in my prayers. Tater, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss - I just can't imagine being w/out my Jim; Brat, hope all is ok for you. Sylvia, sounds like a fun challenge for next week. Greenie - I know you've been super busy. Ms. Pat - hope you're feeling better. And, Shirt, good luck at the races tomorrow for Tig. Happy Thanksgiving in Canada, Wenchie. Oh, Jan, glad you got your card loaded! Ladies, hugs all around and will be lighting candles for everyone's needs.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:07 AM   #192
Stamp Like You Mean It

Mornin' Sistahs. Boy, whadda week! I am so happy to be home! I've been keeping up with your prayer concerns, and praying that you can feel the Father's hug. This morning I just wanted to give you a head's up about the Green One, and her first post to ODBD as a Guest Designer. I am so proud of her! You can read her bio HERE. Sue is spending the day at the event in York, PA- so I am sure she will come home with some new goodies! Yeah!

I am off to try to catch up to all of you and get my TSC done. Have a ton of birthdays too...(Hmmmm...maybe "Swirly Birthday Thanks" cards? Lol) Have a beautiful weekend, and let us know how everyone is doing. CA, your mama is on my heart, you too....
LYMI
Old 10-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #193
Die Cut Diva

Hello Sistahs. I am on Das Bus to tell y'all about the beautiful wedding we attended today. I could gush on and on but I'll keep it short. This is my Nephew Casy and his beautiful bride Sky's wedding. We finally had something happy to celebrate in this family. It was a beautiful garden wedding surrounded by peacocks! It was awesome, lovely and so sweet. These kids are meant for each other. The most glorious thing happened right as they were saying their vows..............it RAINED!!!! Not just a drip but a real, rooten tooten down pour! We all looked like drowned rats but no one moved or complained. It was as if God was blessing them! We're home now and just reveling in the memories of a happy time for our family. My Brother was so handsome in his tux!!! First time I ever saw him all gussied up like that. I cried but whodaknown because of the rain. Thanks for letting me go on, its just that it has been so long since we had something wonderful to celebrate like this! Love all y'all and praying for your loved ones to get well, come home and be safe.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #194
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sweet Tater, that is about the sweetest story ever! I love how God rained down on your family at such a special time. I hope they list God's gift in their wedding book. Precious Sista, thanks for a sweet story to go to sleep with. Love ya!
Old 10-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #195
Loves lavender roses

Happy Sunday Riders! Got my mom out of the hospital on Friday. She's on antibiotics until tomorrow morning. No oxygen; doctor said it would be a waste of resources since she just keeps pulling it out of her nose. She's stubborn, that's for sure. She probably needs the oxygen, but you can't force her to keep those tubes in her nose. I'm hoping she'll show some definite signs of improvement in the next few days. She's way different than she was a week ago. She's so week. Every movement is a struggle. My friend from church came over last night, and we prayed and took communion. My mom ate the cracker later but didn't have any wine. She knew it was blessed though. She's so frail. I know we can't live like this for too long. I've been praying a lot. She's way more confused now, too. This morning, she didn't know where she was and said she worried about it all night. I have to be with her for every step she takes now because I'm so afraid she'll fall again. She fell in the bathroom yesterday. I'm so stressed and scared for her. What an awful way to live. I just hope she gets better again, but I know she won't do as well as she was doing. Life goes on.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #196
Loves lavender roses

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I found a site with 5 ingredient dinners. We can get some great ideas for May. I hope I'll still be able to go. We have to see what happens with my mom. Here's the site: 5 Ingredient Dinners - Betty Crocker

Old 10-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #197
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh CA I'm so sorry your Mom is not doing so well. It's so hard on you to see it all. You and your Mom are in my prayers. Praying for strength for both of you. Hugs going out to you.

Tater your story is so sweet. Just made me feel warm inside. It's great God blessed you with the rain of life.

Pat are you getting your cards all caught up?

Anyone had problems with your favorites. I had a card I faved for Greenie and Pat and neither one of them were in my favs this morning. This has happened quite a lot.

Well I have to get ready to watch my Red Birds (Cardinals) play in the first game of the playoff. I am hoping they make it all the way to the series.

Has anyone talked to Lesley?

Brat you are in my prayers. God knows your needs. Missing you on here.

Wenchie I may buy one of those Tonic paper cutters. You sounded like you really like yours. I have gotten so tight because I hate to spend my money on tools I just want to buy stamps and stampin goodies!

Greenie I'm sure you'll jump on this bus later today.

Have a good rest of your day everyone. I'm so glad I met you ladies on this site. You are all a blessing to me.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:42 PM   #198
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
Happy Sunday Riders! Got my mom out of the hospital on Friday. She's on antibiotics until tomorrow morning. No oxygen; doctor said it would be a waste of resources since she just keeps pulling it out of her nose. She's stubborn, that's for sure. She probably needs the oxygen, but you can't force her to keep those tubes in her nose. I'm hoping she'll show some definite signs of improvement in the next few days. She's way different than she was a week ago. She's so week. Every movement is a struggle. My friend from church came over last night, and we prayed and took communion. My mom ate the cracker later but didn't have any wine. She knew it was blessed though. She's so frail. I know we can't live like this for too long. I've been praying a lot. She's way more confused now, too. This morning, she didn't know where she was and said she worried about it all night. I have to be with her for every step she takes now because I'm so afraid she'll fall again. She fell in the bathroom yesterday. I'm so stressed and scared for her. What an awful way to live. I just hope she gets better again, but I know she won't do as well as she was doing. Life goes on.
CA, I am so sorry your mom is not doing good. I know it is hard on you and Eddie. I will keep you in my prayers.

Greenie, great ODBD card.

Tate, I am so happy you got rain and a beautiful wedding, too.

Hey Brat girl, hope all is well with you. I know you are keeping way too busy.

Lesley, I hope Mark is doing much better. Prayers, Sister.

Kathy, thanks for the good luck, he grabbed #1 spot. (only 3 cars in his class this time)

Silly, I think I heard your Cardinals did well.

Have a great days, friends.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-09-2011, 01:14 PM   #199
101 Airborne

Oh, Cuz, I am so sorry about your Mom - it is the very hardest thing to see your parents not doing well and every minute of every day is stressful - I lit several candles for you, your Mom and Eddie for some assistance from above. (Cuz, I saved the Betty Crocker site to my favs - 5 ingredients or less - even I could probably do that)!

Greenie - you did have an amazing ODBD cards. In fact, each one on the challenge was so awesome - it's a bit intimidating to think about entering a card. Hope you purchased some wonderful goodies at the show and enjoyed yourself too!

Tater - woo hoo for the rain and happy wedding - awesome memories for the bride and groom!

Lesley, still lighting candles for Mark - hope things are improving.

Shirt - yeah for Tig and ha ha to Crybaby.

Sylvia, your cards are gorgeous - I've been popping them into my favs! (P.S. I'm a Cubs fan all the way, but I have been rooting for the Cards - as they are a close team to home).

Brat, you are always running - hope you can catch a breath or 2 just for you!

Pat, your ODBD card was so, so wonderful - lots of love and care in each piece. I hope you are feeling better. Get yourself a calendar and mark an "X" through each day until retirement - it really helps - and gives you an extra smile each day when you put a new "x" in the box!

Ladies, Hugs and prayers all around.

K.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:41 PM   #200
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sistahs,

Been trying hard to keep up with you all, and certainly have you on my heart. CA, your needs especially consume me, because I love your mom. She is such a blessing, and I feel so badly for her. I know this is a deep concern on your heart and am praying for you to have strength.

Kathy & Silly, you two are so good at keeping up. My hands are still aching, and I am afraid they will until I retire. Work is too much! I am hoping I can stay stamping into Dec. Right now I am concerned about that. Thanks so much for your prayers, it really does touch me that you take the time to lift that up, when so many others have concerns that are more serious. Bless your hearts!

Shirt!!!! GO Tiggerford! First place, yeah, that's the MAN! Wah, wah Cry Baby! Lol! Oh, I love this!

Sissy Les, I am missing you! How's that man of yours? Still praying!

Braticus, I miss you too. Sure hope you can feel the prayers going your way. {{{hugs}}}.

And Sweet Tater, I looked at the paper today, and it seems that rain will be a-fallin' all week! Praise God!

Hugs to all- Wenchie, hope you are feeling better. We can send a wahm-bulance, ya know! (smile) Miss your humor. You always make me smile!

It was fun to have the Green One alongside in the ODBD this week! Kinda wears ya out, eh Sis?

Ok, off to make the cards I need for work tomorrow. Yikes! (And I was not even a Slacker this time, really!)

LYMI X-a bazillion!