Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #121
101 Airborne

Woo hoo, Sue!! I'm happy for you - it's wonderful! You will do an awesome job. Hugs for you and hugs all around! Will light some candles for all at Mass. K.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #122
Stazon Splitcoast

Mu Sistahs!!!

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart - its a great honor for me to be asked to be a guest designer for ODBD, and I was just feeling a bit shy about it when I found out it was posted this morning. I still feel it is something that would not have happened if I didn't all of you for constant inspiration and encouragement. Just giving the glory to God for anything and everything I have - and you all are among my BIGGEST BLESSINGS!!

LYMI!!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #123
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Greenie!!! Congratulations!! Guest Designer!!! As if you didn't have enough to do!!! You'll do a super job though, I know it!!!!!!!! LYMI

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #124
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Greenie congrats!!! They couldn't have picked a better person. I'm excited for you!

Ummmm Hmmmm Lesley, I just turned on the game and its 3 to nuttin honey, Cards favor!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:10 PM   #125
Proud Fan Club Member

Well Lesley its time for a piece of humble pie. Those Phillies are kickin and they deserve to win the way they are playing! Its 6-3 Phillies bases loaded no outs...my my my.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:39 AM   #126
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to wenchie

CA . . . did you get the shed built? Do I have to come and do it for you? Lol

Greenie . . . . congrats! You rawk! And you’ll be fabulous! I told ya you’re a rock star and you didn’t believe me. *bonk*

Tater . . . The ribbon storage rack is done . It’s 47 ” wide x 36” tall and 5” deep. You might want to make one of those too while you're making the punch rack. BTW I used steel conduit 3/4" tubing for both.

I ended up doing a redo of my room yesterday so today is going to be a “do nothing” day. I have this foam board cabinet that I made for punches a couple of years ago that I’m going to repurpose as a table top cabinet for keeping little, but often used items close at hand. I just have to make the box drawers. 45 of them LOL Shouldn’t be hard huh?

Happy Sunday everyone!

Proud Fan Club Member | My blog: Paper Castle

Old 10-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #127
Loves lavender roses

Wench (or should I say, Grace!), yes, we finished building that shed! Hey, I love your ribbon storage unit! My ribbons are in three different places! Wish I had the room to put in a unit like yours!!!

Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 AM   #128
Die Cut Diva

Thanks Wenchie; I was going to use dowell rods but I like your idea better. On yours, do you have a cradle type piece for each rod or did you just drill holes through the side. I find that using a cradle for each rod makes it easier to get the rods off when you want to replace/add more spools of ribbon. Since you are so clever, why not check Becka Feecan's blog where she can show you how she built a bow tie maker. Pretty awesome. Girls this is gonna be short as I've been in the kitchen cooking and baking for Mom and Mom-In-Law and I want to wrap it all up so I can watch the Cowboys play. Have a super week and I hope to check back in during the week some.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:41 PM   #129
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly.....How about them Phillies!!!! :P
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #130
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Thanks Wenchie; I was going to use dowell rods but I like your idea better. On yours, do you have a cradle type piece for each rod or did you just drill holes through the side. I find that using a cradle for each rod makes it easier to get the rods off when you want to replace/add more spools of ribbon. Since you are so clever, why not check Becka Feecan's blog where she can show you how she built a bow tie maker. Pretty awesome.
Dowels probably won't work as they will tend to bow over time. If you look at the pictures I attached, you'll see that the ribbon rolls sit on top of the rods. I used Forsner bits to drill the holes and they're just sitting in there on their own. I didn't glue them or anything. No need to. If you think about it, you really don't want rods that you have to insert through the ribbons rolls because it'd be a serious pain in the butt when the roll in the middle runs out. Do you really want to be taking off 10 or 15 good rolls just to replace the one that ran out? For this reason I used conduit and also because it is steel and will not bend.
Attached Thumbnails
dscn3462.jpg   dscn3463.jpg  

Old 10-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #131
Loves lavender roses

Silly, here's a photo of my little house on the corner.
Attached Thumbnails
my-house-100211-4-.jpg  

Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #132
Stazon Splitcoast

SWEEEEEEEEET, CarrollAnn!! So cute - the way you talked about your house getting all the renovations and stuff, I pictured a huge house - this one is just right!! MORE PICTURES PLEASE!!
Old 10-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #133
Loves lavender roses

Wench, (Grace) here's the shed that Eddie and I built.
Attached Thumbnails
shed-100111.jpg  

Old 10-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #134
Stazon Splitcoast

AWESOME!!!!! it looks perfect too - what a great job you guys did on it!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #135
Loves lavender roses

OK, Greenie! Here's more. One shows the walkway along the side of the house with my compost bin down at the end by the front gate. The other shows one of my square foot gardens and the big shed behind it. Actually, the house is 1869 s.f. with 4 bedrooms, but the view from the front is deceptive.
Attached Thumbnails
moms-garden-092711-16-.jpg   moms-garden-092711-6-.jpg  

Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #136
Stazon Splitcoast

That's a lot of "little house" to be proud to call your own - gorgeous!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #137
Proud Fan Club Member

CA your house is cute! It's so neat and clean looking. My husband keeps everything so so outside. He does a great job. I do all the inside. I want to know what the heck are you doing that you have a Stop sign in your yard?! I know its not in your yard but at first glance it sure looks like it. That shed looks great that you and Eddie built.

I'm having computer problems. Have to take it in tomorrow because its beyond me to fix it. It works for a little while and then it just keeps going and going when I try to go to another page w/o moving. It took me about an hour to get two cards uploaded today.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #138
Loves lavender roses

Silly, that stop sign is on the corner, but most people kind of roll through there! LOL! It DOES look like it's in my yard in that photo though! I take care of the inside (not too well though) except for Eddie's room and his bathroom. Eddie and I both take care of the outside. We worked outside today, in fact. The weather will be cold in a couple of days, but we'll have a few more warm days before fall really sets in. Gotta take advantage of the sunshine while we can!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:18 AM   #139
Die Cut Diva

Good morning riders and welcome to a brand new week!

CA . . . your shed looks fantastic! Can you just imagine it a bit bigger and converting it to a studio? Oh my! *sigh*

I spent the day yesterday making 45 boxes for a repurposed punch rack I made out of foam board a couple of years ago. I don't have photos of it yet though as I'm still working on embellishing them. It takes a lot of brain power to come up with 45 different designs. What was I thinking? LOL

I'm hoping to get into the sports clinic some time this week and get these nerve compression issues worked out or at least started. It's really interfering with life in general.

It seems the bus has been pretty slow lately, so I'm passing out cans of silly string and glow sticks. Where's the bus driver? Let's get this thing moving! BUS DRIVER!! MOVE THAT BUS! LOL

Have a happy day everyone!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #140
Die Cut Diva

Wenchie, you're a Genius!!! Of course!!!! Don't put the rods through the spools!!!! What was I thinking???? OK, glad you straightened me out I would have really messed it up. In working with all those spools of ribbon, I moaned and groaned because I ALWAYS needed the one that was in the middle!!! Thanks again Sistah for steering me right.

CA, all I can think is "precious". Love your home and how you and Eddie have worked so hard to make it a loving sanctuary for your family. I love your green yard! We don't have much green around here. My yard is so different from yours as I live in the country. Enjoy the last few remaining days of beautiful sunshine!

Silly, I hope your computer woes are resolved quickly. I would be lost without mine and I'm like you; I'd have to call someone.

Les, Phillies won? Da Boys blew it big time!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 04:34 AM   #141
Loves lavender roses

Wench, thank you! Actually, the big shed to the right of our new 7' X 7' shed is big enough for a studio, but I would hate to have to walk through snow in the winter to get out there!! All it needs is a window and some heat and a little rearranging, and it could be a studio. I've thought about it because I may need the room that is my craft room now for a bedroom again later. We shall see. It gets hot in there during the summer, and I worry about how that would affect my stamps, etc. Who knows what the future will bring!! You are sure busy with all those boxes! I can't wait to see your photos!!

Happy Monday, riders!!! Oh, and remember there are rulz about that Silly String. No spraying in anyone's face, and be sure and clean up the mess when you're done playing!! We want our new bus to be clean and tidy!!!

Old 10-03-2011, 04:43 AM   #142
Loves lavender roses

Tate, thank you! We put Weed n' Feed on the lawn to get it greener, but then we have to mow more often!! LOL! You get it nice and green, but it grows a foot in a week! LOL! Have you had any benefit from the rain down there?? When it's so dry, I bet they worry about flooding when the rains come. If it's not one thing, it's another! You're always in my thoughts and prayers!

Old 10-03-2011, 05:16 AM   #143
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! I'm so bummed that my Phillies lost last night! OK, Silly....did you put a hex on my guys???? Heehee!

CA, your place is adorable!

Wenchie, you are so talented and so ambitious! Send some of that energy to PA, k? I sure could use it!

Sweet poTATER TOT....I just love you, you know??? You and CA are just so full of...........energy and spirit and love! Thought I was gonna say something else, huh? HA!

Hubby is not doing as well as we thought he should be. He is having the chills and is weak and not eating. He has lost 10 lbs and is achy. I called the Dr. today and he is talking to the hubster right now. I'm waiting for hubby to call me, as I'm at work. I hate being here and not at home taking care of him! I'm working just half days till he can drive again. He start PT tomorrow.

An update on my friend/boss Steve. He is having good and bad days still. The docs finally have a medicine cocktail that seems to be doing the trick for pain, nausea and reflux management...so that is good news. He is getting more tired. Please keep him in your prayers for his salvation, k? I know you all will, my special prayer warriors! God bless you all for your loyalty regarding prayers. It's so nice to know that we can come here and ask for prayer and receive it........unconditionally! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!! MUAH!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:01 AM   #144
Loves lavender roses

Punk, you, your DH and Steve have all been in our prayers. Especially you!

Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 AM   #145
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sissy, prayers all around and a BIG hug for you....LYMI
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 10-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #146
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Mark is back in the hospital. He has clots in both lungs and a clot in his left calf. Not good! He was short of breath this morning, but didn't tell me before I went to work. Ai-yi-yi! Anyway, he is now being monitored (heart), on a Heparin IV and getting Coumadin orally. He also has a temp of 101 so he is on Tylenol. He really scared me!!!! I hated to leave him at the hospital. Doc says he will probably be there for at least 3 days, then on Coumadin for at least 6 months. Please pray that the Heparin will do its job and help him not make any more clots and dissolve the clots that he already has.

Thanks gals. I'm exhausted and heading to bed. Love you all!!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:29 PM   #147
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Well, Mark is back in the hospital. He has clots in both lungs and a clot in his left calf. Not good! He was short of breath this morning, but didn't tell me before I went to work. Ai-yi-yi! Anyway, he is now being monitored (heart), on a Heparin IV and getting Coumadin orally. He also has a temp of 101 so he is on Tylenol. He really scared me!!!! I hated to leave him at the hospital. Doc says he will probably be there for at least 3 days, then on Coumadin for at least 6 months. Please pray that the Heparin will do its job and help him not make any more clots and dissolve the clots that he already has.

Thanks gals. I'm exhausted and heading to bed. Love you all!!!!
Oh, sweetie!! Know that we're praying!! At least he gets to take Coumadin orally. I had to give myself shots in the stomach for a while after my hip replacement surgery to prevent blood clots. You tell him that he's got a whole bus load of prayer warriors sending up prayers on his behalf!!! LYMI

Old 10-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #148
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Oh Sissy! I am so sorry to hear this! My mom was on both of those drugs. Will pray he has no injuries, and that the Father will protect him. Will pray for you to have peace too. I love you.
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 10-03-2011, 07:32 PM   #149
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Les I am so sorry Mark is having these problems. Of course we are all praying for you both and Steve. Health problems can be so scary. We all take our health for granted until we have problems.
No I didn't jinx your guys! Now we are 1-1. At least last night the Cards played ball. I swear Saturday the way they played they deserved to lose.

Wenchie I hope your shoulder problems get better. You rock with all the stuff you make.

Greenie I missed you this morning and didn't try again. Maybe I can catch you tomorrow. I have a lot to get done tomorrow. It stinks when real life gets in the way of stamping!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #150
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sylvia - sorry I missed you - I am up now, or you can wait till tomorrow if it is too late for you!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:50 PM   #151
101 Airborne

Lesley,
Will keep your DH (and you) in my prayers. Will stop at my church tomorrow and light a few candles for your dear DH. Kathy.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #152
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesley, so sorry to hear Mark is back in the hospital - hope and pray that everything is under control now and they take good care of him, but I guess you are just as run ragged as if he were home - Praying for the both of you! and for Steve family!!!

Are you going to be able to go to the York show - guess not with Mark still in the hospital! Let me know!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #153
Die Cut Diva

Les, I bet that was a real heart breaker to have to return Mark to the Hospital. I join the rest of the Sistahs in praying for his speedy recovery. When he gets to feeling better you need to sock him a good one for not telling you he felt bad. MEN!!!!! They seem to let that "Macho POO" get in the way all the time!!!! They need to be more like me, when I feel bad EVERYBODY hears about it!!!!! Seriously Les, Mark, as well as Steve, is in my prayers and YOU TOO for strength till we get through this. ps, Sorry bout your Phillies but how bout them Rangers!

On a sadder note; I found out that a friend of mine from Wednesday morning bowling lost her husband to a terrible freak accident. He was trying to level a hunting trailer by himself and it fell on him. His friend who came the next day found him. So sad. My friend Linda is a really sweet person but I'm not sure she knows God. Prayers for her and her family as they say goodby to him. Now I'm gonna go hug Gunner's neck and tell him how much I love and need him and thank God I have him. He's a good person too.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #154
Stazon Splitcoast

You gals are just the bestest EVAH!!!! Thanks so much for all of the encouraging words, but especially for the prayers. There is so much prayer power here!

Tater Tot....you made my eyes leak!!!! Your words are so very precious (as you are!). I will keep your friend and her family in my prayers........so very difficult to lose someone so unexpectedly. WOW!

I bet Gunner really enjoyed that huge hug around his neck and you gushin' all over him! That part just made me get all warm and gooey inside! One of these ole days, my friend, I'm gonna give you a great big bear hug in these fat ole arms of mine and I'll probably squeeze for at least 5 minutes, so when you see my comin', take a DEEP BREATH AND HOLD!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #155
Die Cut Diva

Les, when I first met Gunner, I was not much of a hugger but he was and still is. I've had to get used to allowing people into my space. Can't say that I'm all that comfortable with it still but you better be ready for an arm full if you're gonna hug me!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #156
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Les, when I first met Gunner, I was not much of a hugger but he was and still is. I've had to get used to allowing people into my space. Can't say that I'm all that comfortable with it still but you better be ready for an arm full if you're gonna hug me!!!!
Me too, Tate! You've seen photos of me; I'm an arm full, too!

Old 10-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #157
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Tater , I've met both Lesley and CarrollAnn, and YOU BETTER BE READY FOR SOME MAJOR HUGGING - I LOVE IT - can't wait till we can all get together!! What a group hug that will be!!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #158
Stazon Splitcoast

WHen we all get together, we will have to have a "group hug" about every hour just to get our fill!!! Heehee! Wouldn't that be grand? <------------oooooo, that sounded just like my Gramy!!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #159
Stazon Splitcoast

yup, it would look like a standing up football huddle!!! LOL

You doing okay tonight, Sissy?? How's Mark?? I will think of you while I am out in York this weekend - anything you "need"??? LOL
Old 10-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #160
Proud Fan Club Member

Lesley how is your honey doing today? Better I hope. I guess the Cards lost tonight? I went to my monthly SU gathering tonight so I missed the game but heard a comment on the TV. Those Phillies are a good team this year. I like them too but of course I gotta root for the home team!

Sisah's please pray for a 10 month old little girl in KC that was taken from her crib in the night. I don't think they know what happened for sure but its not a case of a parent taking her. Just makes me sick. What is the matter with people? Who or what kind of person can do things like that.

Have a good evening, whats left of it.