Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 06:16 AM   #1321
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~
Default Trivia Question

In what year did the Empire State Building open?

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #1322
Proud Fan Club Member

1929? I think is when the Empire State building opened.

Wow Brat are you in the snow? Were you able to get to work? I know you all aren't used to that much snow at once and probably not equipped to handle it.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #1323
Loves lavender roses

Sorry Silly, that's not it.

I bet our Brat Girl is having quite a time of it! Every time I see anything on the news about the huge snow storm in Seattle, I think of you, Brat Girl!!! Please let us know what you used to tie Spencer down!!

Old 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM   #1324
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Checking in real quick to let you know I am surviving my job as a nurse this week. Whew,
this gal is tired, but at least I am not the patient. The patient is feeling a little better today, he had a rough day yesterday.

Brat, hope all is going well with Spence. Yikes, what a snow storm.

Congrats to you Lesley on a new beautiful grand baby.

Happy Birthday Eddie.

CA - hope you got enough snow to enjoy.

Greenie, glad to hear that Aidan is doing better.

Silly, I see you are doing good with the trivia questions.

Tate, come fix me some of that chicken, it sounds so good. Hope things are looking up for you.

This is a big HI to everyone. I had to skim through this page real quick and I hope I did not miss anyone.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #1325
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
In what year did the Empire State Building open?
It opened in 1931, CA!!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #1326
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry, girls, I have not been home nearly all day today - my services were required all over the place!!

Looks like Terri is in for more adventures with the weather - I saw that there is freezing rain going on now - hope you are able to keep Spencer down!

Shirt - if you are still up , I am too! Hope you are doing okay as nurse for Tig and that he is doing alright -

Keeping everyone in my prayers - would appreciate the same for my DGS in FL - things are not what we would like and not sure if they are going to get any better - PLEASE PRAY! Really appreciate that you are all such a great prayer team!! Thanks!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #1327
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
It opened in 1931, CA!!
You are correct, Greenie!!!

The Empire State Building is a 102-story landmark skyscraper and American cultural icon in New York City at the intersection of Fifth Avenue and West 34th Street. The excavation for the project began on January 22, 1930 and took only one year and 45 days to complete, or 7 million hours. The masonry for the structure was completed on May 1, 1931, significantly ahead of schedule. On that date, President Herbert Hoover pressed a button in Washington, D.C. to officially open the building by turning on the Empire State Building's lights. The total cost to construct the skyscraper was $40,948,000, including the cost of the land. The building alone was constructed with a little over $24,000,000.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #1328
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

Which country is the world leader in executions per year?

Old 01-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #1329
Stazon Splitcoast

Just looked this one up and CHINA is number 1 in executions!!

I also found out that two-thirds of the nations of the world have abolished the death penalty. After China were Iran, North Korea, and Yemen, with the U.S. in FIFTH place then Saudi Arabia, Libya and Syria. What a shocking fact to see - WE ARE IN 5TH PLACE!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #1330
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Just looked this one up and CHINA is number 1 in executions!!

I also found out that two-thirds of the nations of the world have abolished the death penalty. After China were Iran, North Korea, and Yemen, with the U.S. in FIFTH place then Saudi Arabia, Libya and Syria. What a shocking fact to see - WE ARE IN 5TH PLACE!
Greenie! You are correct!!

80% of executions worldwide were carried out by one country: China.

I also learned that if you need an organ transplant and go to China to get one, chances are very high that the organ came from a recently executed prisoner.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #1331
Proud Fan Club Member

There was a documentary that Lisa Ling did on organ transplants in China. They are a scary nation.

About the Empire State building I guessed 29 because I knew it opened during the depression.

I have been busy all week. Today I am going to go downstairs and make a couple of cards. I really want to go buy a 150.00 sewing machine at Wal-Mart for card making. It has a lot of different stitches. I have an old singer that is probably 35 yrs old. It works fine just not many choices in stitches. I do not sew. Do you all remember an old commercial that was about Windex I think. Anyway the woman tells her husband " I do not wash windows " Well I do not sew. I never had the patience for it. Jerry has been known to sew buttons on my clothes!! Now I can do simple things like that of course.

The CCEE challenge this week is to make a card based on the Chinese Zodiac. I looked it up and I am a dragon. I have no dragon stamp so I am going to have to get creative. Here is the link if any of you are interested CCEE Stampers The keyword is CCEE1203 and you need to go to the blog to link your card up. In the blog they give you a link to Wikapedia that takes you straight to the Chinese Zodiac. Well off to go play with my ink and other goodies.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #1332
Proud Fan Club Member

Greenie praying for your DGS. Shirley praying for TIG. You are going to have to tell us how he got that name. Is it initials or a nick name?
My nickname Sillyfilly is from one of my best friends. I had a mare that I rode foe about 15 years. I got her when she was still a young filly. My friend had started calling me Silly instead of Sylvia and the rest just came about. I have Christmas ornaments with that nickname on them etc.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #1333
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Greenie! You are correct!!

80% of executions worldwide were carried out by one country: China.

I also learned that if you need an organ transplant and go to China to get one, chances are very high that the organ came from a recently executed prisoner.
For some reason, I find this very disturbing! If they are executed, then how do they keep them alive enough to harvest an organ? Do they harvest BEFORE execution?
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1334
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Greenie praying for your DGS. Shirley praying for TIG. You are going to have to tell us how he got that name. Is it initials or a nick name?
My nickname Sillyfilly is from one of my best friends. I had a mare that I rode foe about 15 years. I got her when she was still a young filly. My friend had started calling me Silly instead of Sylvia and the rest just came about. I have Christmas ornaments with that nickname on them etc.

That's cute, Silly.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #1335
Loves lavender roses

Silly! You are a dragon! Then, this is YOUR year!!! It's the year of the dragon; water dragon to be specific. I'm a pig.... I mean that I was born in the year of the pig!! LOL!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #1336
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi All,

We have lost power and gotten it back a couple times. It was supposed to warm up and rain today, but after freezing rain for 24 hours it has been snowing for the last few hours and we have gotten 2.5 to three more inches. We have had seven to nine inches in total and then these are disbursed with layers of solid ice from the ice rain and ice drizzle. The ice pellets were literally bouncing off the snow. If you go outside you hear constant gun-shot like cracking as the trees and limbs are splitting and falling all around us.

We have had seven large branches come down in our yard, but thankfully they have not hit the house. A couple miles from here a man was hit by a tree and killed just outside his shop. Many roads including freeways are closed due to ice and now due to too many trees over the roads. Our neighbor's tall firs have been listing toward our house and his. Another two neighbors called to warn me.

We are making the kids play and sleep downstairs and we are praying.

It was easier to keep Spencer in today with all the ice and branches falling. I let Spencer out with his sister earlier yesterday (no sledding), but found out that he was filling heavy buckets with snow to make bricks for the igloo. He hand swelled and he had to keep it up until his dad came home. So other than that I only let him out with his dad supervising. They built an igloo.

I hope Tig is feeling better Shirt.

No way am I doing that challenge Sylvia - I am a rat!!! With two kids home, and all the excitement I haven't gotten to make any cards - I want to though.

I hope Eddie had a good B-Day CA.

Greenie - please send blood samples so that I can make some of what you have for energy! I just prayed for your DGS.

Hugs to all!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #1337
Loves lavender roses

Brat Girl, you and your family are in our prayers!! Thanks for the Birthday wish for Eddie. You stay safe and know that you are in our prayers!! You have been on my heart lately!! You have had such a bad snow storm, and we've been so dry that there's a huge fire (over 3,000 acres) in south Reno. My mom saw the news and got so upset that I had to take her to the front door, open it, and show her there's no fires in this area. I changed the channel so she couldn't see the news anymore!!

Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #1338
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat Girl - Praying for safety for you and your family - I have doubled up the prayers since last night when I heard about the ice - your area is not ready for stuff like this - glad that they are closing the roads to keep every one OFF of them till it warms up and has a chance to melt. Good idea keeping Spencer in unless he is with his Dad overseeing what he gets into ! Good idea to sleep downstairs, and also watch that the car is not parked under any of those listing trees!!! It sounds a lot like the storms we had here last year!! Praying, PRAYING for you, Sistah!!

ROFLOL about the blood samples remark - I have been really tired lately - so I am trying to get a little more sleep at night (yeah, right!)

Shirt, hope you are making out okay as the nurse extraordinaire, and Tig is doing okay!

Sylvia, good catching up with you today - made me smile REALLY big!!

CA, hope they get those fires under control, even though they are not near you - others are in danger, so we will pray for their safety!!

Thinking of all of you tonite as I make my TSC - going to post it now - wish I could make one for each of you too - for now it will have to be a virtual one as you view it in the gallery! LYMI!!!!! Hugs to all!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #1339
Loves lavender roses

Default Trivia Question

Today marks the anniversary of the release of 52 Americans held hostage during the "Iran Hostage Crisis." How many days were they held hostage?

Old 01-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #1340
Loves lavender roses

Greenie, I think they have the fire about 50% contained. 27 homes were lost, but 800 homes were saved. Still, many people have been left homeless. It's supposed to rain which they hope will put out the fire, but then they are worried about flash floods because the rain will be so heavy and the ground has no vegetation to absorb it. It's still supposed to be windy today until the rain begins which doesn't help. V.P. Biden was at Galena H.S. giving a speech and had to cut it short so that everyone could get out of there.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 AM   #1341
Stazon Splitcoast

CA, how far away is that from u?
Old 01-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #1342
Stazon Splitcoast

CA, isn't Reno about 45 miles away from you? All those fires are really scary, I can only imagine - that is something we don't have to deal with in our urban area!

Oh, the hostages were held for 444 days from November 4, 1979 to January 20, 1981!

How is everyone this morning??
Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #1343
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
CA, how far away is that from u?
It's probably about 50 to 60 miles away or so.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #1344
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
CA, isn't Reno about 45 miles away from you? All those fires are really scary, I can only imagine - that is something we don't have to deal with in our urban area!

Oh, the hostages were held for 444 days from November 4, 1979 to January 20, 1981!

How is everyone this morning??
Greenie, you are correct again!!

The Iran hostage crisis was a diplomatic crisis between Iran and the United States where 52 Americans were held hostage for 444 days, after a group of Islamist students and militants took over the American Embassy in Tehran in support of the Iranian Revolution. The hostages were released on January 20, 1981, just minutes after the new American president Ronald Reagan was sworn in.

Greenie, thank you for taking the time to research these questions. It makes it fun when you try to answer them!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #1345
101 Airborne

Hi, Ladies, hope everyone is well. Oh, Brat, what awful weather - and, it sounds like you now have an igloo for any unexpected guests. People pay a lot of money to stay in the ice hotels! Shirt -you didn't give Tig that bell did you??!! Cuz, you are a walking encyclopedia - and I love reading the tid bits - and I always ask DH the questions. Greenie, still keeping your DGS in prayers. Sylvia, just bought a new Singer with 100 stitches on it - awesome - just wish I knew how to use it! Not a clue, never used a sewing machine - but JoAnn is offering classes (you can even take your own machine with you to learn how to use it). My sis gave me a gift card - so I'll be reserving a date for my class. Lesley, hope all is well with you.

I still light candles for all the bus riders at Mass. Hugs all around.

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 01-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #1346
Stazon Splitcoast

Good to see you, Kathy!
Gosh, you are really busy!!!!! You got a machine with 100 STITCHES - and you never sewed before - wow, you are brave!!!!! Hope Joann's teaches you how - the more they have, the harder they are to figure out on your own, so good that you can take classes with your own machine!!

Shirt, how's the patient??? oh, and how's the NURSE doing?? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Airborne View Post
Hi, Ladies, hope everyone is well. Oh, Brat, what awful weather - and, it sounds like you now have an igloo for any unexpected guests. People pay a lot of money to stay in the ice hotels! Shirt -you didn't give Tig that bell did you??!! Cuz, you are a walking encyclopedia - and I love reading the tid bits - and I always ask DH the questions. Greenie, still keeping your DGS in prayers. Sylvia, just bought a new Singer with 100 stitches on it - awesome - just wish I knew how to use it! Not a clue, never used a sewing machine - but JoAnn is offering classes (you can even take your own machine with you to learn how to use it). My sis gave me a gift card - so I'll be reserving a date for my class. Lesley, hope all is well with you.

I still light candles for all the bus riders at Mass. Hugs all around.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #1347
Loves lavender roses

Cuz, I'm glad you and hubby are enjoying the trivia questions! So glad you could hop on the bus, although I don't know how you could find the time with all the design teams you're on!! I've been asked to be a guest designer for the month of February. I'll only have to make a couple of cards, so I think I can fit that in. Next Friday I'm having another stamp camp, so I'll be busy this weekend. Anyway, it's great to see you and thanks for lighting the candles for us!!!

Old 01-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #1348
Stazon Splitcoast

Got any good ideas fr your stamp camp yet - I have a hostess club coming up and trying to decide on whether or not to hold a stamp camp or card class too next month! where are you designing next month?? Proud of you!! Headed out now-catch up later!

Quote:
Cuz, I'm glad you and hubby are enjoying the trivia questions! So glad you could hop on the bus, although I don't know how you could find the time with all the design teams you're on!! I've been asked to be a guest designer for the month of February. I'll only have to make a couple of cards, so I think I can fit that in. Next Friday I'm having another stamp camp, so I'll be busy this weekend. Anyway, it's great to see you and thanks for lighting the candles for us!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #1349
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Got any good ideas fr your stamp camp yet - I have a hostess club coming up and trying to decide on whether or not to hold a stamp camp or card class too next month! where are you designing next month?? Proud of you!! Headed out now-catch up later!
My Stamp Camps are really "Stamp-a-stacks" but everyone has called them Stamp camps for years. We make two each of five designs. This time, we will make two Sympathy designs, two Valentine designs and one birthday. I will be busy this weekend!!

I will be guest designer for February for Paper Cupcakes. It will be fun!!

Old 01-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #1350
Stazon Splitcoast

Kudos to you, CA!!! That's wonderful news!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:45 AM   #1351
Stazon Splitcoast

How do you gals hold your stamp camps? Do you charge each person who signs up? No one buys anything at that time, right? I just have my stamp club every other month. I have never done a stamp camp before. Would you all share the details with me???? Pretty please??? (batting my eyelashes......)
Old 01-20-2012, 10:14 AM   #1352
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
How do you gals hold your stamp camps? Do you charge each person who signs up? No one buys anything at that time, right? I just have my stamp club every other month. I have never done a stamp camp before. Would you all share the details with me???? Pretty please??? (batting my eyelashes......)
Stamp camp can be done in a variety of ways - CA does it as a stamp a stack - most people do not order at these, but I always show them stuff that maybe they don't have or might want to buy, and always ask - just in case - most just want to make cards - at my last one back in November, we did 3 each of 4 different cards - you can decide what kind of cards to make according to the time of the year (in April, we did Mothers Day and feminine birthdays, in May, we did Fathers Day and Masculine birthdays, other times you can mix in thank yous, sympathy, thinking of you, kids BDs, etc) just keep in mind - you CUT everything, and supply envelopes, ribbon, brads, buttons, EP - whatever you are using for the cards - they don't necessarily have to make all the multiples while they are at your house (unless they are fast and can get them done!) some of the slower ladies will do one for their sample and then make the rest at home - they just have to stamp, punch, or emboss everything while they are at your house, (things they won't be able to do at home) not necessarily assemble them! I usually bag up all the embellies with the cardstock all cut down to the right sizes, p;us envies for EACH CARD they will be making - I charge $20 for the 12 card stamp a stack and they are fairly simple cards.

The other thing I do some months is a card CLASS - they each make 1 each of 3 cards or 4 projects - I still supply everything, but these are usually cards that are more involved, so I take them step by step through the making of each one - for this I charge $10 - there are other demos who charge $15 in this area, and then give them $5 off the class if they place a $25 order, but I don't bother with that!

For my hostess club, the hostess brings the snacks or whatever, but I always supply the beverages.
For my stamp camps or classes, I supply light snacks plus the beverages.
Hope that helps, Les!!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #1353
Stazon Splitcoast

Greenie, this is so helpful! How do you invite the gals? By email or snail mail? Do you have a sign up sheet somewhere? How many gals to you need to have to make is worthwhile? Does the $10-20 cover the costs and then some?
Old 01-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1354
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Les!!

Sent you an email - too much for on here!!

Greenie

Quote:
Stamp camp can be done in a variety of ways - CA does it as a stamp a stack - most people do not order at these, but I always show them stuff that maybe they don't have or might want to buy, and always ask - just in case - most just want to make cards - at my last one back in November, we did 3 each of 4 different cards - you can decide what kind of cards to make according to the time of the year (in April, we did Mothers Day and feminine birthdays, in May, we did Fathers Day and Masculine birthdays, other times you can mix in thank yous, sympathy, thinking of you, kids BDs, etc) just keep in mind - you CUT everything, and supply envelopes, ribbon, brads, buttons, EP - whatever you are using for the cards - they don't necessarily have to make all the multiples while they are at your house (unless they are fast and can get them done!) some of the slower ladies will do one for their sample and then make the rest at home - they just have to stamp, punch, or emboss everything while they are at your house, (things they won't be able to do at home) not necessarily assemble them! I usually bag up all the embellies with the cardstock all cut down to the right sizes, p;us envies for EACH CARD they will be making - I charge $20 for the 12 card stamp a stack and they are fairly simple cards.

The other thing I do some months is a card CLASS - they each make 1 each of 3 cards or 4 projects - I still supply everything, but these are usually cards that are more involved, so I take them step by step through the making of each one - for this I charge $10 - there are other demos who charge $15 in this area, and then give them $5 off the class if they place a $25 order, but I don't bother with that!

For my hostess club, the hostess brings the snacks or whatever, but I always supply the beverages.
For my stamp camps or classes, I supply light snacks plus the beverages.
Hope that helps, Les!!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #1355
Loves lavender roses

I charge $15 for 10 cards (5 designs). They bring their own envelopes (if they want to stamp them to match the cards) and their own adhesives. I have 3 people that usually order. If the order is over $15 (they usually are), the stamp camp is only $12. Next week, they will have the opportunity to get the free SAB stuff so I might have bigger orders. I supply light snacks (like pretzels or nuts) and drinks. Some bring their own drinks though. I usually supply bottled water and flavor packets or sodas. Just some more ideas for you. Oh, I'm not having a club anymore. They still want to come and make cards though. We will still get together and make two simple cards for $5. Some have said they'd be willing to pay $10 if I do the more complicated cards.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #1356
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Gals,

THANK YOU FOR THE PRAYERS!

Many branches came down in our yard and the neighbor's yards, but none hit our houses. Some big branches from our firs out front speared into the ground like a thrown javelin! Some have hit the fence, but it did not bread the fence.

It is raining now and the tall firs have shed almost all of the snow. You can still see branches fall off now and then. The bare trees still have a casing of ice over the branches, and there is still snow all over. But the roads are mostly passable except where driveways of businesses where extra plowed snow is now blocking. It is now 10 degrees warmer than yesterday and at least five inches have melted off the deck outside my window here. Thousands are without power like my daughter and SIL. Now they say we are expecting flooding! The temp is supposed to get to 46-48!

CA, I hope those people that lost their homes will be blessed many times over by God. I pray beauty comes from the ashes!

Hugs to all my praying Sistahs!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #1357
Loves lavender roses

Brat Girl, we're supposed to have rain here too. Where the fires have been, they're concerned about flash floods. I'm so glad that none of those branches hit your home!! Are they concerned about flood there, too? Between the melting snow and the rain, you will get a lot of water to deal with.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #1358
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow Terri you all have been through the ringer and it doesn't sound like much of a let up yet. Ice storms are treacherous. Living in the country it is beautiful but they do so much damage. I pray for good weather for you. I hope Spencer's hand is ok.

Kathy that must be a wow machine you got. I have a very simple Singer and would just like a few more stitches for cards of course. I have no intention of ever sewing! Thanks for continuing to light candles for us. I need all the help I can get.

CA sorry I missed your question today. I was busy all day. Jerry is off on Friday and Saturdays and sometimes I don't have much free time until night when hes home. They were calling for freezing rain and snow and we didn't get any. Yay!

Sue it was nice talking to you to yesterday.

Shirt I hope TIG isn't running you ragged!

Lesley I am going to try to get a card made tomorrow for the challenge. If the weather holds out I am going shopping. Sunday is my daughters birthday and I need to go find a tortilla press. That's what she wants. Plus I want to go to Michael's and get a few pieces of Valentine paper. Gonna go check out Macy's and see what they have on sale. I need a few more clothes for church. Not working anymore I wear jeans all the time. All of a sudden I need dress clothes.

Pat I hope you are enjoying your weekend. May is getting closer and closer.

Well I'm fading fast. Off to snoozland.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #1359
Die Cut Diva

CA, talk of the fires near you bring back the memories of the Bastrop fires here this past summer. Praying for those who are in its path. Also giving a little prayer time to Brat. Snow AND Ice!!!! Wowzer. Then top it off with a healing Spencer (praises going up for that) your patience gage must be dinging right about now! We continue to have mild weather here and a prediction for a little rain this coming Tues & Wed. Kathy, thanks for the lighting of candles! All is well around here for now. Mom is thriving and we were able to hire a wonderful lady to visit with Mom on Tuesdays. All this in an effort to keep her in her home as long as possible. I take her bowling each Friday morning and we had a great time yesterday. Treasuring those moments. I'm a little melencaly as I got word from an old friend that he lost his mother yesterday. It was a long battle with dementia and terribly sad for him and his family. He is a single man and while we worked together, most people found him a bit difficult to get along with but I never had a problem. He and I worked together since we were both 18. We've supported one another through so many things in our lives and he recently shared what he really felt when I announced all those years ago that I had met the man of my dreams and then when Gunner and I got married. I was shocked as I never knew and it was hard to tell him I didn't feel that way about him. We're still friends even through all that. Isn't life full of some of the strangest twists? Any way, just thought I'd share what was on my mind. Does anyone know what next week's challenge is yet?
Old 01-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #1360
Loves lavender roses

Tate, what a lovely story about your friend. I'm sorry to hear of his loss. I'm sure you'll be supportive and add a dose of prayer. It's supposed to rain off and on today. It rained during the night already. I hope it doesn't cause landslides or flooding in the fire areas. 27 homes were lost in the recent fire and 4 more were severely damaged. They've been through enough over there.

Our lovely driver is the one who's supposed to present the challenge for the 27th.