Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #81
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Hey, Wench! I think we should nickname you "Grace"!! LOL Take care of yourself!!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #82
Die Cut Diva

Good Morning Sistahs!!! What a wonderful day it was for me yesterday. Gunner took the day off; told his Boss he had to put in a little Over Time at Home. We drove to a small town called Wharington that has an Antique/flea/junk Market twice a year. I came home with a green glass jar and lid for tea bags, a stained glass window that I will hang in the dining room window, and a yard art Flamingo who's name is Flauco. You know, cause birds of a feather......... Oh well. It was great to spend time with him, those days are a bit rare for us. On our way back, we drove through Bastrop where the wildfires were and stopped in at the volunteer tents to see if we could do anything. We sorted piles of cloths for a few minutes while the other workers took a lunch break. As we drove on home, we saw the residual work involved in bringing a community back from such devastation. There were truck after truck taking away burned metal to be recycled; State operations on going to take down burned trees (Bastrop had nothing but pines and now they look like sticks, painted black) and replace guardrails along the road that burned. Just all kinds of activity. Collection sites everywhere with lines of families waiting to get what they need. Every local business had something they would offer free to victums of the wildfires and those who could, are giving what they can. This is a fine example of a community helping their own. I have a new, firsthand enlightenment of just exactly what it means when a community experiences devastation; it might be on the news a few nights and then its gone but the carnage stays and it takes a lot to get past it. In all of this was the evidence of your prayers; Thank you. According to the Weather Man, we have a 20% chance of rain for the next two or three days. It won't break the drought by any means but we'll take what ever he has to offer! I'm off to finish up a really busy day. My prayers with each of you as you begin your week.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 AM   #83
101 Airborne

Wenchie, an organized garage - wow - and working on curb appeal - you are definitely a busy bee!

Tater, yeah for your sweet DH - taking some time off to spend with you - glad you enjoyed that special time!

Hugs all around.

Last edited by 101Airborne; 09-27-2011 at 08:18 AM..
Old 09-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #84
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you Pat. I AM glad you got your priorities where they should be. I would think you're a little "off" if you put that baby down to deal with a card! Okay, "more off".

This was NOT a big birthday unless I use it for a last fling with my 40's. It was pretty much a regular day of work, school, dinner, soccer. I didn't tell people it was my b-day. My mom brought a cake over (after school) just like the one I had made for her three days before - cuz it was good! The kids made me cards and DH and kids gave me a fall wreath and a couple books. (Tater - I will submit a review in the distant future when I get them read.)

I take the saying "It's the thought that counts." to heart. I got the most beautiful cards. Oh, and a taunting one from Greenie! (I must say your custom lettering is pretty darn good!) I will need to get these all posted.

Believe me ladies, I am honored to be on the bus with you all.

Okay Shirt - Put the pedal to the metal cuz I want a free face lift from the G force! Hang on Ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmethers View Post
Sweet Braticus, today it hit me that your birthday was the 21st...and you know I am a Slacker, but I do believe this bd was the BIG ONE for you, and I slipped! Guess I was too busy with that baby. Will get a card off to you asap, and send extry love, k? I hope you had a blast and felt blessed all day. Thank you so much for your beautiful, and dark humor and how your words have blessed every one of us. You are truly a treasure on this Bus, and I am honored to be sitting atop the entire mess along side you. I send you much love dear Sistah!

Love you, mean it...
Cult Mama
Old 09-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #85
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via MSN to wenchie

Attached Thumbnails
pat-smethers-grandmas-hugs.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #86
Die Cut Diva

Attached Thumbnails
pat-smethers-daddys-boy.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #87
Die Cut Diva

PS: I meant to say I have the originals which are a better quality than what you see here so PM me with your email addy and I'll shoot them off for ya
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #88
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sweet Tater, so glad you had some quality time with Gunner, I know you both needed that after all that has gone on. Bless your hearts! Still praying for Texas, that God will meet the needs, and mend the hearts. That is what He does!

Brat, you are dear...glad you had a good birthday, and cannot wait to see that taunting card (Straws, huh?)

And Wenchie- Girlfriend, your skilz are coveted in this place! Holy Schmokes!!! Thank you so much. Those are my favorite photos of our sweet baby, and give me warm hearted memories. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I am taking it slow with the typing Sistah's. I had no pain at all in Wyoming, and the first day back to work brought it back. I talked to my boss about it today, and told her I could not continue to keep up the same volume, and she was kind, and told me to send back whatever cases I could not close to the teams. That was a huge relief! The work that hurts me is not my "regular" job, it is what I do to help the teams. I am ok after I take aspirin, but I cannot make cards, or comment w/o pain when I do too much at work. I am so relieved she understood!

Will try to check in more often. Please know you are each in my prayers and on my heart. I love ya Twisted Ones!

Always,
Pat
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 09-29-2011, 06:57 AM   #89
Rubber Obsessor

Man this bus moves fast! Just popped in to see everyone.

Brat- Happy belated Birthday! Hope you have many many more!

Pat- not sure what happened to your arm, but I'm praying for it. That g-baby is the sweetest and getting so big!

CA- 150 treat bags!! You are some kinda stampin machine!! Congrats on the ODBD, beautiful fall card!

Tater- those Christmas trees are stunning! I love to go antiquing. Glad you & DH had a nice time. I'll pray for those devastated by the fires. We forget too quickly after the news stops talking about it, that people are still trying to rebuild their lives.

Lesley- praying for your Steve! How's he doing?

Greenie- I see you are really making the most of your retirement! Love to pictures you posted, very funny.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #90
Stamp Like You Mean It

CC! Hello! How is the store going? Are ya nutzo yet? lol. So good to see you peeking in. Hugs.....
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 09-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #91
Loves lavender roses

CC! It's great to see ya on da bus!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:55 AM   #92
Stazon Splitcoast

CC - wow, what a great store - bet it is doing wonderful with all the thoughts and work you put into it!! We sure have missed you on the bus, and so glad you can now pop in every chance you get. Make sure you keep us updated - we have all been praying for the store to be a huge success!!

Brat - glad you had a good birthday, no matter how normal a day it might have seemed to be. Just want you to know that I made your card at Shirt's while Kathy was there - so I had a lot of help "egging me on" to make that taunting card. You DO know I love ya, Sistah, right??

CA, are you ever busy - how's those treat bags coming?? Do you hand those out at the door? Thats a lot of work, but they turned out SUPER!!! What a great idea!! I may have to try it too!!

Lesley, how's the DH doing - any therapy yet?? Keeping Steve and his family in prayer - any word on how he is doing??

Sylvia - have you caught up yet - I am still trying to - LOL! The galleries are popping with your new cowboy card creation .

Kathy - you are grinding them out like crazy - 3 in one day - I saw those last night - I can hardly keep up with you - you are smoking hot!!

Wenchie, girl, you got great SKILZZZZ on the computer - love what you did with Pat's DGD's pictures - you been staying busy, - just be careful with all that extra organizing you are doing at home - you aren't a spring chicken anymore - leave some for DH!!

Shirt - your mojo is on overtime, Sis!! You seem to be hitting every challenge that comes down the road - how can you do that while you are DRIVING!!???

Pat, hope you are taking it easy in work, so you can still work on your challenges at night for a bit. Everything in moderation, right? That lil' DGS of yours looks like he is all boy!! What a cutie-patootie!!

Tater- glad to hear that the fires have calmed down - we are still praying for the rain for you and also for all those who are trying to cope with loss in one form or another. God bless you and Gunner for all you were able to help with. I LOVE those Christmas trees you did with the old/broken jewelry - what a super project!!

Hope I didn't miss anyone -
Oh, and HI to our "once in a while riders" who pop on and off the bus - hope you like the new bus Shirt picked out for us - a new and improved, state of the art, with fancy latte bar, and better accomodations up on top for the 'bad' girls!

Hugs and prayers for all of you and whatever your needs are.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:09 AM   #93
Loves lavender roses

Greenie, thanks for another novel!! LOL! Yes, those treat bags are for the trick-or-treaters. I start a little early because I always make them something special. It's fun.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:33 AM   #94
Die Cut Diva

Just poppin' in for a quick minute to make sure everyone's behavin' . . . . and if you're not, then you're havin' more fun than I am! LOL

I'm kind of laid up with sciatica issues and a pinched ulnar nerve. That's like carpal tunnel but on the top half of the arm/shoulder/neck/back. Burns like heck.

I have to do things besides sit at the computer or crafting table as it seems those are the two greatest aggravators so I went off to the lumber store and got supplies to make a wood ribbon rack. I'm going to model it against my punch rack, just not as tall so it can sit on top of the punch rack.

Hope you're all enjoying the ride today. Ohhhhh feel the wind in your hair and sing out loud!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:35 AM   #95
Die Cut Diva

Where's the treat bags? I checked your gallery but I didn't see them there?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #96
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, Wenchie - they are on CA's BLOG!!!

Carroll's Corner cute cute- CUTE!!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:03 PM   #97
Forum Fanatic

Hi to all on de bus!! hugssss and hagd<3

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 09-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #98
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jan!!!

See, I KNEW someone would be popping on the new bus to say HI soon!!! Hope all is well with you - hey isn't your DD's BD coming up soon!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Hi to all on de bus!! hugssss and hagd<3
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #99
Stamp Like You Mean It

Hey Sistahs, just a quickie note while I "lunch". Please check out Jan's cute card:
TSC0916 Oh Come Let Us Adore Him by heartsong47 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
She is changing her key words now, but it didn't show the week she played cards with us! Give her some love!

LYMI, see you tonight!

Psst..... Wenchie, praying for you girl!
Old 09-29-2011, 05:11 PM   #100
Die Cut Diva

RAIN!!!!!! 2 and 1/2 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posting a card tomorrow. Wenchie what are the deminsions of your punch rack.......which by the way is awesome!!!! Sympathize with you and your copletunnel issues. I have psoriatic arthoritic (spelling is aweful) in my left hand and find it difficult to tie my shoes, paint, wash dishes, etc. The only thing that seems to bring me relief is C H O C O L A T E!!!!! Milk not dark.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:56 PM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

AWESOME, TATER!! We been praying for the rain to shift down to you - sounds like you got everyone's at the same time - PRAISE GOD!

Pat, Quite a few of us got to see Jan's fantastic card last week and sent some love - but she deserves a lot, because she is so sweet!!

Wenchie, hope the trip to the lumber store helped you to get moving and give that Sciatica nerve a rest!! I have been looking at your storage - AGAIN - trying to make the most of my space here - does you dollar store still sell those "adjustable divider thingies" If they do, I think I will send you some money to get me some - its coming together - s l o w l y !!

Hope everyone is doing okay tonight!! Y'all are in my prayers!! LYMI!
Old 09-29-2011, 06:10 PM   #102
101 Airborne

Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. Lesley, glad your DH is doing better; Tater - woo hoo - rain!

Challenge for 10/07 (TSC1007): Let's do a Thanksgiving card - add something that swirls (punch/die/die cut/chipboard/hand drawn) - just so it has a swirl or 2 and whatever else you want to do!

Hugs all around.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #103
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all,

First Pat we are praying for a healing. Tired of you having to put up with pain all the time. Wenchie the same for you. And me too.

Wenchie your punch holder is awesome. Did you make it? When can you come and fix me up?! I can hardly drive a nail. I grew up in a house where my Dad did everything and never taught me and I just never had the desire to learn how to use many tools. I'm not helpless but almost! Isn't that awful?! Then I married a guy who is a wonderful rough carpenter. Not a finish carpenter. I don't have any wall space to hang anything in my little room.

Lesley this coming Saturday night your Phillies are playing my Cardinals. I hate to see you lose! Baaaaaaaahaaaahaaa!

Sue I am finally caught up. I can't get in the card making mood though. I have yet to make a card for tomorrow. I know what I'm doing though. Figuring it out is the hardest part for me.

Carol nice to see you drop in. I hope you are crazy busy at the shop!

Tater what a blessing that rain is. I pray you'll get lots and lots more.

Brat are your kids and you back in the school routine?

I need to ask for prayer for a little girl who is 14 and having many problems. Getting in with the wrong crowd, stealing, etc and the parents don't go to church. I am praying that the Lord send her a Christian friend. She needs our prayers.

You are all in my prayers.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast

Woo Hooo!! Sillyfilly is back on SCS - did you figure out what was wrong?? I am busy making cards right now, but heard your post come in, so I had to check to see if you got back on!!

HUGS everyone!!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:55 AM   #105
Die Cut Diva

2 and a half inches!! YAY?! I think?

Tater . . . my punch rack is 4 feet x 4 feet x 6 inches. You thinking of making one? My ribbon rack is all cut out and ready to assemble and then I'll take it over to my father in laws workshop to cut the holes for the rods then bring it back home and paint it. It should be nicely finished by tomorrow. Yay.

by the way . . . what does LYMI mean? I've been looking at it for weeks and haven't figured it out LOL Feelin' kind of blonde.

Greenie . . . . I'll have a looksee . . . and if they don't I have a few spare packages in my cabinet I can send down for you along with the mini bags I promised.

Silly . . . send me a ticket and I'll come make you one next week. I never really had a desire to learn how to use tooks but more out of a need of necessity. I got tired of watching my father in law run in the other direction when he saw me coming because he knew I was going to ask him to build me something LOL

Here's a sneak peak at my next paper project. . .

Have a super day everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
f10sp19_main_ka_01.jpg  
Old 09-30-2011, 07:14 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Hi all,

First Pat we are praying for a healing. Tired of you having to put up with pain all the time. Wenchie the same for you. And me too.

Wenchie your punch holder is awesome. Did you make it? When can you come and fix me up?! I can hardly drive a nail. I grew up in a house where my Dad did everything and never taught me and I just never had the desire to learn how to use many tools. I'm not helpless but almost! Isn't that awful?! Then I married a guy who is a wonderful rough carpenter. Not a finish carpenter. I don't have any wall space to hang anything in my little room.

Lesley this coming Saturday night your Phillies are playing my Cardinals. I hate to see you lose! Baaaaaaaahaaaahaaa!

Sue I am finally caught up. I can't get in the card making mood though. I have yet to make a card for tomorrow. I know what I'm doing though. Figuring it out is the hardest part for me.

Carol nice to see you drop in. I hope you are crazy busy at the shop!

Tater what a blessing that rain is. I pray you'll get lots and lots more.

Brat are your kids and you back in the school routine?

I need to ask for prayer for a little girl who is 14 and having many problems. Getting in with the wrong crowd, stealing, etc and the parents don't go to church. I am praying that the Lord send her a Christian friend. She needs our prayers.

You are all in my prayers.

Oh GF......it is SOOOO on!!!!! I'll send you a consulation prize! Heehee!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #107
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenchie View Post
Where's the treat bags? I checked your gallery but I didn't see them there?
Carroll's Corner: October 2011 Club Project

Old 09-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #108
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Airborne View Post
Hi Ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. Lesley, glad your DH is doing better; Tater - woo hoo - rain!

Challenge for 10/07 (TSC1007): Let's do a Thanksgiving card - add something that swirls (punch/die/die cut/chipboard/hand drawn) - just so it has a swirl or 2 and whatever else you want to do!

Hugs all around.
OK, Cuz! Thanksgiving with swirls! Got it!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:59 AM   #109
Loves lavender roses

Well, I'm doing chores plus making those treat bags for the kiddos who come knock, knock knocking on Halloween. When Eddie gets home from school, we have to get back to work on the "Tuff Shed" I bought for the gardening equipment. It's 7' X 7'. Today will be the third day we've worked on it. I think we did something wrong on one side of the roof. I hope we don't have to take anything apart! Eddie would be so frustrated if we had to do that!! I'll let you know how we do.

Hey! I heard it's raining down in Texas!!

Old 09-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #110
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lesley I actually laughed out loud! I knew that would get you because you are such an avid fan. Love you gf!!

CA I wish I could make cute things for Halloween but no one ever comes to my house. I live to far out. I have lived here for 22 years and have had one Trick or Treater. My grandkids don't live close besides they're too big.

Hope everyone's having a good one today.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #111
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Oh Lesley I actually laughed out loud! I knew that would get you because you are such an avid fan. Love you gf!!

CA I wish I could make cute things for Halloween but no one ever comes to my house. I live to far out. I have lived here for 22 years and have had one Trick or Treater. My grandkids don't live close besides they're too big.

Hope everyone's having a good one today.
Well, I live in a tract home in a neighborhood, and I'm right on the corner, so we get at least 150 kids here every year. I'll take a photo of my house and post it here so you can see what I mean.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #112
Forum Fanatic

LYMI is love you mean it...

Thanks everyone for looking at my card, and the sweet comments, I want to do a card for this week, the blue, wt, gold, but my mind went blank right now....will try later......hugs to all

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 10-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #113
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning', Sistahs - got Daria today, so no time on the computer!!

Last edited by irishgreensue; 10-01-2011 at 09:35 AM..
Old 10-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #114
Stamp Like You Mean It

Last edited by Blooms in a Box; 10-01-2011 at 09:41 AM..
Old 10-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #115
Stamp Like You Mean It

Well, the Green One posted some news this morning, and then took it off! Agh! The nerve! Sistah's, check this out and give her some SCS lovin'!

Home
Old 10-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #116
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmethers View Post
Well, the Green One posted some news this morning, and then took it off! Agh! The nerve! Sistah's, check this out and give her some SCS lovin'!

Home
Why did she do that? We all got notifications that she put it on the thread.

Congratulations, Greenie. You will do a great job.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #117
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Morning', Sistahs - got Daria today, so no time on the computer!!
Run, Greenie, faster, faster, you can catch her.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-01-2011, 10:10 AM   #118
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations, Oh Green One! I'm so dang proud of you! Such talent!

Hubby is keeping me busy.....I'm exhausted! I went food shopping this morning, got the laundry started, dishwasher is running after cleaning up from making pancakes this morning and now I'm plum tuckered out! I want to get some stamping therapy in sometime before 5:00, when the Phillies/Cardinals game is on. I gots me my Stewart Root Beer to drink during the game to go with pizza and wings. YUMMY!!! I'm wearing my Halladay Phillies jersey. I'm ready!!!!

Hugs to you all!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #119
Die Cut Diva

Hey Les, good luck to your team! Wenchie, yes, I am thinking about making a rack just like yours. I have one now but it is simply a towel rod and is not enough to hold all that I have. thanks for the dimensions. Greenie, how awesome for you!!! I am saving up some $$$$$ to get some of ODBD stamps which I think are beautiful. I just ordered some JustRight stamps and then discovered I need to purchase a "special" wood stamp to hold the rubber!!!! I love them though so I guess I'll get that ordered shortly. Pot of beans on, marinating a Pork Tenderloin and finished my second load of winter cloths. On extremely dry days like today, it is perfect for washing and air drying winter stuff. You should see my front porch; I have them all hanging from the pot hooks I usually use for plants. Looks like a Burlington Coat Store out there. My table top is covered with cigar boxes that I am painting with plans to alter and have ready to gift for Christmas. BUSY! But, this is my favorite time of year and we've had such a harsh summer that I am ready for cooler stuff. CA, I took a look at those sweet treat bags and they are precious. I LOVE recycle ideas! For the 2nd time I am picking up the turkey feathers I gathered from our property and had stuck in a pottery jar for "safe" keeping. Getchie (my poor behavior cat) found them..........need I say more? Y'all have a great weekend. I am doing all this cooking and when its done I will deliver to Mom, Mom-In-Law, and sick friend. Tomorrow is MINE!!! I will play in my studio and get to next week's neat challenge which I am looking forward to and then I'll watch the Cowboys!! Wanna know what Gunner just said??? He simply added "Get Beat" to my last comment bout da Boys. I am the Football person in this house. He'd just as soon be outside messing around. Gotta love him! Les, you be a good nurse now. Who's been cooking since you don't? Don't tell me McieDees!!!! I don't do fastfood, bad for me.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:36 AM   #120
Stazon Splitcoast

LOL, not this kid - she is rearranging all my stamps, punches and any cards she can get her wittle hands on. I am hoping for a long nap, but I don't think I am going to get it - sounds like she is waking up already!! gulp!!! Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Run, Greenie, faster, faster, you can catch her.