Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 06:23 AM   #841
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Weather update for the Fernley/Reno area: Lows in the teens, highs in the 40's, NO SNOW in the forecast through the 28th!! The ski resorts are even having to make their snow!! What's up with this?? If it's gonna be so cold, it oughta snow!! I was hoping we'd have snow on the ground when the grandkids come from California, but NO!!! Humph!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #842
101 Airborne

Hi Ladies,
It sounds as though everyone is busy as a bee!
CA - Eddie sounds like such a wonderful young man to help out with your sweet Mom - and I can't imagine how your heart aches at times for her.
Silly - I drove over to Lincoln, IL - about 12 miles from my house - had errands to run. As Shirt said, years back, she lived in Lincoln - which is so close to me - but the 3 hour drive isn't bad to her house now. Oh, and I DON"T BAKE - I visit bakeries. You wouldn't want to eat anything I've baked! I have, however, been to Lincoln, NE - passed through the city. Oh, and the idea of the little pillow boxes filled with bird seed is a beautiful tradition!!
Greenie, you've been busy between the school plays, musicals, babysitting - geez!!
Tater, hope you can get your Mom closer to you soon and hope all is well for you.
Lesley, hope your sweet DH is continuing on the mend.
Brat, I'm sure you've been busy with your kids, school, sports, Christmas musicals at school, shopping, decorating - whew - made me tired thinking about that time in my life - but I only had one son! Hope all is well for you and yours.
Jan and Wendy - hope you are ready for Santa.
Shirt, tell sweet Bella hi and hug the fur babies - and kitty too.
Pat - if you're checking the bus - hope you're well!
Okay, ladies, that's it for today. (Oh, went to early Mass this morning - and lit candles for everyone) Hugs all around, K.

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 12-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #843
Die Cut Diva

Sistahs!!!! OMG!!! Yesterday we went to my Niece's engagement party that turned out to be the WEDDING!!!!! EVERYONE was surprised including the Bride's Mom and Dad. Long story but it went of perfectly.........after everyone got over the shock! My Sister-In-Law was absolutely blown away. I'll have to tell y'all more about the event later. Right now I'm on my way to an all girl Birthday luncheon for December Birthdays. Y'all have a great day and I'll try to check in during the week sometime. Thanks for letting me gush. This was so special to our family.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:14 AM   #844
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Airborne View Post
Hi Ladies,
It sounds as though everyone is busy as a bee!
CA - Eddie sounds like such a wonderful young man to help out with your sweet Mom - and I can't imagine how your heart aches at times for her.
Silly - I drove over to Lincoln, IL - about 12 miles from my house - had errands to run. As Shirt said, years back, she lived in Lincoln - which is so close to me - but the 3 hour drive isn't bad to her house now. Oh, and I DON"T BAKE - I visit bakeries. You wouldn't want to eat anything I've baked! I have, however, been to Lincoln, NE - passed through the city. Oh, and the idea of the little pillow boxes filled with bird seed is a beautiful tradition!!
Greenie, you've been busy between the school plays, musicals, babysitting - geez!!
Tater, hope you can get your Mom closer to you soon and hope all is well for you.
Lesley, hope your sweet DH is continuing on the mend.
Brat, I'm sure you've been busy with your kids, school, sports, Christmas musicals at school, shopping, decorating - whew - made me tired thinking about that time in my life - but I only had one son! Hope all is well for you and yours.
Jan and Wendy - hope you are ready for Santa.
Shirt, tell sweet Bella hi and hug the fur babies - and kitty too.
Pat - if you're checking the bus - hope you're well!
Okay, ladies, that's it for today. (Oh, went to early Mass this morning - and lit candles for everyone) Hugs all around, K.
I loved Lincoln IL when I lived there. DH worked in Lincoln NE fro 4 wks, I took off work and went with him. I liked it there, too. Much bigger than Lincoln IL.

Made Bella some fingerless gloves. Hers are off white with leopard print flowers. She wore them to church today and had a compliment on them. She has not taken them off since she put them on. I made them for her last night.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 12-18-2011, 12:42 PM   #845
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirt who is Bella? Granddaughter?

Going to our friends house for a party tonight. I have two pecan pies in the oven to take. I'm getting tired of making pies! We are having dinner and it's always lovely.
We watch Survivor and the finale is tonight so I'll have to watch it when I get home.

For one of my friends I made one of the Santa boxes being made with the mini milk carton die. I love those boxes. They're so cute.

Everyone have a great week. I will just have to do a little touching up around my house. I am done with everything except making some santa boxes for small gifts for my daughters and grandkids.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #846
Loves lavender roses

Silly, I think I can smell those pecan pies from here!!!

Old 12-18-2011, 07:42 PM   #847
Proud Fan Club Member

Well Carroll Ann I wish you were here to have some pie. We could sit down with a cup of coffee or maybe you drink tea, have pecan pie and make cards!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:46 PM   #848
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly, did you post the Santa boxes you are making? Would love to see them - you are so full of great ideas!! I can just picture you and CA sitting together making all kinds of super creations, having pie and coffee or tea! LOL, my kind of fun!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #849
Loves lavender roses

Hey, Sistahs! I'm in!!!

Old 12-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #850
Forum Fanatic

Heart hey all

I havent been on for a bit and trying to catch up...lol....the main thing i think I missed is...PIE....lol...I will take anykind, that is one of my fav. desserts, especially the creamy ones...of course...lol...sounds so yummy , makes me want to go bake too...:0)
I am so sorry about your ma-ma mrs. Boz...my mother in law is getting there too, but not quite as bad yet, but I can see it going there...I am glad youare taking it with some humour as that must help...:0)
And I would be proud of that sweet sounding young man too...right on, give him a big hug...JUST because from one mom to another...:0)
I hear a littel one is on the way...AWWEEEE...how exciting is that. Congrats... Im in the middle, my daughter just got engaged in nov. , but wedding i think isnt till liek 2013 or something no set date yet but at least they finally got engaged...yah...:0)
If I missed a bit og excitedment, know my heart is with you guys and wishing you a super prechristmas week and sending a big hugs to all, better run, got some cards to right...well at least i got a bunch made...lol, and been missing the challenges here I feel bad, will get back prolbably after Christmas..take care all...:0)
Old 12-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #851
Forum Fanatic

Heart oops

Tater...missed that one....how bizzare and must have been so cool....I bet it was a super fun wedding makes me smile to think of that happening...right on....will be waiting for more news on that one...:0)
Old 12-18-2011, 09:52 PM   #852

Yes, Bella, is my 7 yr old grand-daughter. She sure knows how to work her grandma.

I like pecan pies, too. I would like a cuppa coffee with mine. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Shirt who is Bella? Granddaughter?

Going to our friends house for a party tonight. I have two pecan pies in the oven to take. I'm getting tired of making pies! We are having dinner and it's always lovely.
We watch Survivor and the finale is tonight so I'll have to watch it when I get home.

For one of my friends I made one of the Santa boxes being made with the mini milk carton die. I love those boxes. They're so cute.

Everyone have a great week. I will just have to do a little touching up around my house. I am done with everything except making some santa boxes for small gifts for my daughters and grandkids.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 12-19-2011, 04:53 AM   #853
Stazon Splitcoast

7 year olds are so much fun, huh, Shirt? My DGS, Julian, is 7 and we have so much fun! We chat and chat and do so much together when I get to see him. He thrilled my heart the other day when he said to me, "Nanny, I want to wake up Christmas morning at your house, this year!" It has worked out that his dad, Justin, has had him for the past two years on Christmas morning and they have stayed at my house. It makes me so happy to hear Julian wants to spend it with us! Not sure what Julian's mama is gonna say, but Justin told me that this year is his weekend, AGAIN, and it just works out that it falls on Christmas morning! How cool is that!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #854
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly, I'll take some banana pie with Hot Chocolate, please! YUMMO! If you have a chance, would you please E-mail me the recipe that you use? My E-mail is: Marleygo@aol.com. When you get a chance, no rush! Thanks!
Old 12-19-2011, 04:56 AM   #855
Stazon Splitcoast

Guess what stupido thing I did!!! C'mon, guess!!!! I got my SU! order in last Thursday and somehow, I ordered the labels die cuts and the hearts stamps! DUH!!!! What was I thinking?
Old 12-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #856
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Guess what stupido thing I did!!! C'mon, guess!!!! I got my SU! order in last Thursday and somehow, I ordered the labels die cuts and the hearts stamps! DUH!!!! What was I thinking?
My pre-order should get here on Wednesday. How exciting! I ordered both die sets and both stamp sets, so I won't have the same issues! LOL! Now, you will just HAVE to order the labels stamps and the hearts dies!! No problem!!! LOL!

Old 12-19-2011, 05:31 AM   #857
Loves lavender roses

OK, I have 12 DGC, none of whom are 7!! LOL! Maybe I'll get a foster child that age (if all goes well).

Calvin - 16 (step-grandson)
Emily - 10
Shelby - 9
Andrew - 8
Abigail - 6
Anna - 6
Rose - 4
Jett - 3
Logan - 3
Manny - 2
Maddie - 1-1/2
Ali - 15 months

Did I get 'em all? LOL!

Old 12-19-2011, 05:57 AM   #858
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
OK, I have 12 DGC, none of whom are 7!! LOL! Maybe I'll get a foster child that age (if all goes well).

Emily - 10
Shelby - 9
Andrew - 8
Abigail - 6
Anna - 6
Rose - 4
Jett - 3
Logan - 3
Manny - 2
Maddie - 1-1/2
Ali - 15 months

Did I get 'em all? LOL!

WOW..I bet your house gets REAL LOUD when they are all together!!!! WHAT????
Old 12-19-2011, 06:09 AM   #859
Loves lavender roses

Our family Christmas is going to be on the 28th and 8 of them will be here!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #860

Quote:
7 year olds are so much fun, huh, Shirt? My DGS, Julian, is 7 and we have so much fun! We chat and chat and do so much together when I get to see him. He thrilled my heart the other day when he said to me, "Nanny, I want to wake up Christmas morning at your house, this year!" It has worked out that his dad, Justin, has had him for the past two years on Christmas morning and they have stayed at my house. It makes me so happy to hear Julian wants to spend it with us! Not sure what Julian's mama is gonna say, but Justin told me that this year is his weekend, AGAIN, and it just works out that it falls on Christmas morning! How cool is that!!!!!

Yes, they are. I have the best time when she is here and so does she. She says I am her silliest grandma. Imagine that.

That is so sweet that Julian wants to wake up at Nanny's house for Christmas. You know the time with you are special memories he will never forget. How lucky for Justin that his weekend has fallen on Christmas the last two years.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 12-19-2011, 06:42 AM   #861

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post

Emily - 10
Shelby - 9
Andrew - 8
Abigail - 6
Anna - 6
Rose - 4
Jett - 3
Logan - 3
Manny - 2
Maddie - 1-1/2
Ali - 15 months

Did I get 'em all? LOL!
You sure have them all around the number 7. Wow, how do you remember all their ages? Sounds like it will be a really fun time.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #862
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
You sure have them all around the number 7. Wow, how do you remember all their ages? Sounds like it will be a really fun time.
Remembering their ages is not so hard, but putting them in order by age takes some thought!! LOL!

Old 12-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #863
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I wonder what kind of other animals that would attract? Hmmmm......
Tree Rats! Bwahahahaha!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:21 PM   #864
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Everybody!

It is so nice to have Tater up here on top with me. I have a card to put in that may just keep me up here.

Tater, I hope you get your mom situated. I am already loving the wedding trick.

Greenie, Greenie, Greenie! The grads are handsome and oh, so cute.

Shirt - Bubba says to tell everyone there. Wooofffff, Bark, Bark - he didn't tell me exactly what that means. Since you are totally immersed in the language, I'll be you know. Glad you are enjoying Bella.

CA - What a cute Kitty! Eddie sounds like he will do well in life. Keep up your strength and humor with your mom.

Silly - FEED ME!

Punk, or is that Nurse Punk - congrats on another GBaby! I got my roots and the works on Friday - that is a story...

Kathy! I JUST KNEW IT!!! You KNOW what I mean! These gals love to be tortured with secrets that shall be revealed later.

Jan - Happy to see you in and outta here.

Cult Mama - If you peek in - I'm always thinking of you. Peggy told me you went visiting. I just know you HAD to have fun.

Wendy - I'm glad your daughter got engaged. It sounds like a LONG one.

Hey All - I know there is a lot I did not cover. I have kept you in my prayers.

We had the 51 people here last week for the big soccer blow out. Spencer's Cinderella team took their whole division! FUN!

I have only mailed ONE Christmas card so far. I don't even have the family ones mailed! I stayed up til 2:00 AM to get the teacher stuff ready!

Yadda, yadda, yadda!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #865
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, so Vanessa, my 8-yo, was sitting at the table about three weeks ago when she says, "Mom your driver's license is expired."

I laugh indulgently, "No it's not. What makes you think that, honey?"

Vanessa matter-a-factually - "It says, EXP 09.21.11."

In our state they just keep the same picture FOR EVER unless you're stupid and don't renew on line and then try to over two months later!

Okay, so I have been SO busy I haven't even had time to get my hair cut or colored since the end of August!

There was NO WAY I was going in with bad hair. I can't fix my face, but Kayla can fix my hair! What could I do, but to drive around real paranoid for three weeks until Kayla could fit me in?

So, I now have a new license with an older looking me with my bangs too short (my fault as who knows when I will have time to go back) but the color is GORGEOUS!

Oh, and now that I am 30 lbs. lighter than I was since the last picture - they didn't even ASK me my weight this time!

They did, however, charge me $10 bucks for being late. I told the guy that I knew there would be SOME type of punishment!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #866
Proud Fan Club Member

Brat you always give me a good laugh. You never fail me! So glad to see you on here. I misses you.

Shirt those dgd @ age 7 are just about the sweetest thing going. I have had such an enriched life since we had grandchildren. I loves my girl and she is 19 now. We are very close. Infact she called me today. She's anxious to get here Thursday. I'm anxious to see her too.

Greenie I will try to post one of my boxes tomorrow. My demo got the directions for this box somewhere. I have a web addy I think. I will look at it and if I do I'll post it. If you have that mini milk carton die you can make it. They are so cute. My friend loved it. I bought her a necklace and earrings and wrapped it in the box.

Kathy hope you are enjoying your week b4 the big day. I am. My house is all clean all my presents are wrapped. Now the rest of the week I just have to get the rest of my boxes made.

Lesley I am glad you get to spend some time with Julian. How fun. I will send you that recipe. It's easy. I have been wanting your email anyway and just haven't asked you for it.

Pat I have been missing you.

CA wow I didn't know you had so may grand babies. How fun.

Well I had to cook to take food to my sister in law. Her mother died and today was the funeral. She was a lovely lady and such a blessing in our church. On her 80th bd I took her to a tea house and she loved it. She will be sadly missed. She was a lovely Christian lady so it's much easier to let her go. We know she is with Jesus!

Wendy nice to see you on here.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM   #867
Loves lavender roses

30 pounds lighter????!!!! Oh my gosh!! How I wish that could happen to ME!!!

Old 12-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #868
Stazon Splitcoast

Right about now I would be happier with 20 LBS LIGHTER!! SO would my knees - PROB'LY!
Old 12-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #869
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm with you I would love to be any pounds lighter.
Good for you Brat. That's a great achievement.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:05 AM   #870
Loves lavender roses

Well, I'm a lot more overweight than you two. I really need to be about 50 pounds lighter!!

Old 12-20-2011, 05:28 AM   #871
Stazon Splitcoast

Let's NOT discuss weight at this time of year!!!!! Humph! If God didn't want us to have calories, why did He make so many??????
Old 12-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #872
Stazon Splitcoast

Heart Holiday hugs, Sistahs!

Hi everybody!
I don't have much time to play on SCS anymore, but I still think of the Sistahs often, and want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and many blessing in the New Year!
Hugs to all of you, you're very special people~
Darla
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #873
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darla Ryan View Post
Hi everybody!
I don't have much time to play on SCS anymore, but I still think of the Sistahs often, and want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and many blessing in the New Year!
Hugs to all of you, you're very special people~
Darla
Oh Darla, thanks so much for dropping by da bus!!! So glad that you did! Merry Christmas to you and your family!!! Love you, gal! Don't be a stranger around here!!!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:52 AM   #874
Loves lavender roses

OH, Darla!!! Thanks for jumping on the bus today! Merry Christmas and many blessings in the new year to you and your family too!! I know how busy you are, sweetie!! Love ya!!!!

Old 12-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #875
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Let's NOT discuss weight at this time of year!!!!! Humph! If God didn't want us to have calories, why did He make so many??????
Yeah, yeah, tell me about it!! LOL!

Hey, did I tell you that Eddie's cat, Pooky, is quite a gentleman. He lets Gypsy eat right out of his bowl, first!!!
Attached Thumbnails
gypsy-pooky.jpg   gypsy-pooky-2.jpg  

Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #876
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Lesley I agree!

Quote:
When I read this it made me laugh out loud!

Darla it's nice to see you on da bus. Thank you for your well wishes and may you have a Merry Christmas and a great New Year. Hugs to you sweetie.

I was on here to tell Greenie I posted a picture of my Santa box and for some weird reason it won't let me post the link here.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #877
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Darla!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family too, and blessings for the New Year!! Good to see you hopped a ride before the holiday so we could say HI!

CA, love that the kitties eat together and Pooky is such a gentleman! Do they always eat at "their" place at the table (guess that is so Pip won't eat their food - LOL)

Christmas cookies don't have any calories - RIGHT???
Old 12-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #878
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi DARLA!!!

I'm always happy when you peek in! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #879
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay Ladies - when I tell a funny story think on the black humor NOT the details. The weight thing was just in passing. I actually lost it without trying because the doctor said I HAD to cut out saturated fat if I wanted to see my kids graduate. We would ALL do ANYTHING for our kids, right!?! With a couple changes it was actually easy. I lost weight one other time easily when I had gestational diabetes and ate like a diabetic.

Moral of the story - if you want to lose weight or lower your cholesterol or lower your blood sugar - do it for your kids and grand kids and then you are properly motivated.

SMOOCHES!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #880
101 Airborne

Oh, Cuz, Pooky and Gypsy are the cutest - adorable pictures. Thanks for sharing!!

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member