Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 05:36 AM   #761
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
Well, it's only 6:23 a.m. here and I'm freezing. I woke up before 5 because I was cold. I checked the temp on my thermostat and it was only 60, but it was set for 72. It seems there's something wrong with the heater. Just cold air is coming out of the vents now. The heat just doesn't turn on. Now it's 59 in here. I won't wake up my mom until we can get a little heat. I'll have to try calling a heat/AC company at 8:00. I wonder how cold it will be in here by then. I have some space heaters in the garage. I think I'll get a couple out and make use of them!! My fingers are cold!! LOL!

Tate, I'm so glad you had a nice birthday!! You are such a good girl for not eating all the sugar!!

I have ten boxes to cut out, and I have to get those done today when I'm not babysitting Maddie!! It better warm up around here!!!! LOL! You all have a wonderful Monday!! LYMI
Oh CA....I can hear your teeth chattering all the way over here in PA! WOW....I hope you get warmed up soon, dahling! What a way to wake up!!!!! Wear your longjohns today!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:58 AM   #762
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Thanks, Punk! I have a space heater plugged in now in my room where I am with my laptop. I'm still in my p.j.'s and have added a sweatshirt. My poor doggie is staying very close. He doesn't like to be cold; he shivers if he gets the slightest chill. I've had to cover him up with a blanket! LOL! I dread the bill I'll get for the repairman!! Can't help that, though. I also have a heater in the craft room so it will warm up in there. My mom is bundled up in her bed and probably will never even know what went on!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 12-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #763
Stazon Splitcoast

CA, don't wait till 8 am to call - call NOW!! Tell them you have your MOM there and how old she is - they may make you a priority but It may take them a while to get there - I saw on the weather that you may be getting snow around where you are - stay bundled up!! Praying for quick service!!

POLAR FLEECE HUGS!!
Old 12-12-2011, 07:21 AM   #764
Loves lavender roses

Thanks, Greenie! Especially for the Polar Fleece Hugs!! LOL! You crack me up! It got down to 15 during the night, but it's 25 out there now and no snow in the foreseeable future. My house is maintaining a steady 58 degrees. I'm in my craft room now with a space heater on in here. I put another space heater in my mom's room. I still have p.j.'s on and I have a sweatshirt on as well. My fingers and nose are just cold. I'm going to stay here till the repairman comes. I called two and the first one that called is coming. They give a 10% senior discount, so that will help. The other one I called called back too, but I had to tell them someone else was on the way. The one who is coming is from the company that originally installed the system in this house eleven years ago. I don't know if that matters, but it might. Anyway, she said she would have him come here first because of my situation with my mom and my arthritis. It will be over an hour wait as of now, so that's not too bad. I'm going to start cutting those boxes. I have ladies coming on Friday to learn how to make the tissue box covers. I'm doing this instead of a regular stamp-a-stack type stamp camp. I thought it would be nice for them to make them for Christmas gifts. I'll let you know how it goes here. LYMI

Old 12-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #765
Loves lavender roses

OK, with a 10% senior discount it came to $139 to get the heater fixed. He replaced a switch and the filter, and we're back in business. 71 degrees and I had to peel off my sweatshirt! My mom got up to eat breakfast, but doesn't feel well, so she went back to bed. Her worst complaint is that her back hurts. She ate all her breakfast though. Maybe she got a chill before I was able to put the space heater in her room. I hope she feels better later in the day.

I wanted to get the boxes cut up, but my daughter wanted to go shopping with her boyfriend and asked me to babysit. Of course, I said yes. Now my box cutting will have to wait. I'll probably be cutting still when the ladies get here Friday!! Right down to the wire again. Oh well. I'll talk to ya later!! LYMI

Old 12-13-2011, 11:59 AM   #766
Stazon Splitcoast

Well I'm glad the repair was reasonable. You never know about those types of repairs. Happy you are warm again CA. I typed a pretty long post here last night and I don't know what I hit but the whole thing disappeared! Made me so mad.

I have a small bird feeder. Like the size for small birds is what I mean. Right now there is a woodpecker on it. He holds onto the bottom of the feeder then his body is so long it gets seed out of the second hole up from the bottom. Hes a pig. He has a suet feeder outside that he thinks he owns and sunflower seeds. I guess he thinks it's his buffet.

I got my Christmas cards mailed yesterday. I'm very late this year. Oh well.

Hope to see you all later.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #767
Loves lavender roses

Silly, you're way ahead of me on those cards. I haven't even begun to write mine. I may only have enough time to send them to relatives this year. We'll see. I know what you mean about losing everything you've typed. It has happened to me, too! Sheesh! I don't know why it happens, but it's sure frustrating!!

I've got 9 of 11 tissue box covers all cut up, and I'm embossing the pieces for the last 4 of that 9. I'll have 2 more to do, but the lady hasn't gotten back to me to tell me what colors to cut. If she waits too long, she's not going to be able to do hers on Friday. We'll just have to plan another time for her. Anyway, 9 of them done by tonight would be wonderful! We'll see how it goes.

Have a nice day and evening! Eddie's therapist cancelled the appointment today because she's sick, so I can move on these boxes at a more leisurely pace. I'm sorry she's sick but glad that we didn't have to go to Reno today.

LYMI !!!

Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #768
Stazon Splitcoast

You and me both, Sylvia, I think I was to the PO like 4 times in the past week too - now I am broke - but very HAPPY it is done!!!

I have done that too - gotten a long post deleted by hitting the wrong key or something - it is frustrating, I know, sorry it happened to you!!

CA, so happy you got your heat back on for a pretty reasonable price - hope you are all comfy toasty now - did Mom figure it out?? I do a Christmas gift class early - like the 2nd week of November - so they have time to make some more of what we make together if they want to - my Christmas card stamp a stack was in the beginning of October, so that got them rolling - come December, we do a card swap - its more like a social thing - everyone brings FINISHED CARDS and swaps with the others - sort of like a cookie swap, but with cards!! They LOVE IT! Everyone brings something to eat, and we have a lot of fun!
Old 12-13-2011, 01:20 PM   #769
Loves lavender roses

Greenie, that Christmas card swap sounds like fun! My ladies that come to the daytime classes like to eat, but the ones that come at night like to drink wine or Margaritas. Most of them do at least. There's just two ladies that don't drink, but I always have something for them. Most of the time, they bring something with them anyway. I fit in with both crowds. LOL! I like the food and I like a glass of wine with my friends as well.

I better get back to embossing the tissue box pieces. It won't get done by itself!!

LYMI

Old 12-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #770
Loves lavender roses

Prayer request:

I'm going to be meeting with the licensing worker for Foster Care for my first of three interviews on Thursday. The second will be on December 27th and the third will be on the 29th. After that, she's gone for a week. She'll get back and write everything up. If all goes well, she'll be scheduling the home inspection. She says I could be licensed in January. Please pray that all goes well. There's such a great need for foster homes everywhere.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #771
Stazon Splitcoast

Bless your sweet heart, CA, for what you are trying to do - I WILL be praying for you for all to go smoothly and for you to get licensed as well. You are so loving and will provide a wonderful and good solid environment for some lucky kid - look at how much you have already done!! God love you!!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #772
Stazon Splitcoast

Sistahs, would like to ask for prayers for my Aunt Jeanne - my Uncle Tom died last week and the funeral is tomorrow. I will be going up first thing in the morning to be with her - he was 80, so I know she is close to that, and having a hard time dealing with it right now.

Also, 'still' needing prayers for the DGS down in FL - problems are still not resolved.

Thanks so much! bless you all for being there for prayers! What a comfort you all are!
HUGS!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #773
Loves lavender roses

Oh, thank you so much, Greenie!! If that licensing worker is half as positive about me as you are, I'll definitely be licensed by the end of January!! You are such a blessing for me and all the sistahs on this bus!! LYMI

Old 12-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #774
Loves lavender roses

Greenie, prayers are already going up for your aunt AND your DGS. Also, prayers for your safety as you travel tomorrow. You are ALWAYS there for all of us. Just know that we are here for you, too!! LYMI

Old 12-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #775
Stazon Splitcoast

CA I just feel like you will have no problems with your interviews or licensing. Anyone that takes care of others the way you do has to be a big plus for you. You have a kind and loving heart. Prayers going up for you. I pray for all of you even if you have no certain request because God knows your needs and your heart. Hugs to you dear sistah.

Greenie I am so sorry for your aunt. I just can't imagine being with someone that long and then all of a sudden you are alone. It's got to be scary. I'm glad you will be there to comfort her. I'm sorry for you too.

Yesterday I went to the senior center where my daughter works and took her the Christmas card I made because I couldn't mail it. Oh I could have spent another 2 bucks but she doesn't mind that I hand delivered it. Anyway one of the board members was there and he is always commenting about my cards. He loved her card and asked me if I could make him one for his 48th wedding anniversary. It is tomorrow! Just like a man putting it off until the last moment. So I made him a square card with a purple poinsettia. I made two tags coming out from under the flower. One said love you the other said forever. I was pleased with how it came out. He just loved it. That's what counts. I always put my best foot forward when someone is buying cards from me. Now he wants some sets. He is a horse man. He has Belgun ( not sure of that spelling) pulling horses and I have no stamps like that. I told him I couldn't make them before Christmas. I have got to do my stuff for my family.

CA and Greenie oh and Lesley (I forget you are a demo) did you like the little Craft boxes that was in the mini? I love love them. I ordered 3 sets and am hoping they put them in the new catty when it comes out. I meant to order the little cellophane bags and forgot to. I have tops made for them already. Oh well I'll find something to them for.

I kept my Christmas cards pretty simple. One layer for mailing purposes. Two years ago it cost me a fortune to mail my cards. I won't do that again!

Well all have a good evening. Or what's left of it. It's almost 10 here.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:05 PM   #776
Loves lavender roses

Silly, thank you so much for your encouragement and prayers! Thanks also for the West Texas Photography email you sent. It was beautiful! You're a wonderful sistah!!

Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #777
Stazon Splitcoast

Awww yous a sweetie CA.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:18 AM   #778
Loves lavender roses

Silly, you were up mighty late last night!

Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #779
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh ladies...I'm on the prayer requests.....pronto!!!

Silly, your 48th anniversary card sounds beautiful! Very creative, my friend!

I've been sending my Christmas cards out in spurts, when I finish a couple, out they go.

I'm getting anxious to receive my demo order on Friday; I ordered some of the dies that I can't wait to play with. Have you ordered any of the new dies and if so, are they like the Spellbinder Nesties?

Have a terrific day, my sistahs! LYMI!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:49 AM   #780
Stazon Splitcoast

Greenie, Would you please look up Rascal Flatts singing Mary Did You Know on YouTube and link it here? I have tried to link it, but when I check on here, the link won't open. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I just love how they sing this song.

Thanks, my sweet friend!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #781
Loves lavender roses

Is this it, Punk?

Rascal Flatts - "Mary Did You Know" ((CMA Country Christmas 2011)) - YouTube

Old 12-14-2011, 07:00 AM   #782
Loves lavender roses

I haven't placed my demo order yet for the new stuff from the new mini. I have to wait till Friday when my ladies pay me for the boxes. That will help pay for my order. I think the Framelits, etc. are very much like the Spellbinder nesties though. I can't wait to play with them, but it won't be until sometime next week.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:36 AM   #783
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm up late every night. I am a night person. I wish I wasn't but I am.

I'm curious about how these dies will work too because SB patent is still in place so they can't nest. I guess they must be solid in the middle and that's how they have gotten around the patent. I'm really anxious to see the edge dies. I knew SU would do this because every company is. I have soooooooooo much money invested in SB dies I won't buy duplicates just because they fit the stamps perfectly. For instance I have the hearts and the scalloped hearts. I've seen the new Mini coming out and I know the SB heart shape is different than the SU ones. That kind of stinks because I am a big SU customer. If I lived in town I would be a demo but people don't want to drive out in the country. I've thought about doing the Hobby Demo to get the discount.

Have a good day ladies. I'm off to do some housework. Yuck!
Old 12-14-2011, 07:48 AM   #784
Stazon Splitcoast

About SU and Spellbinders. If Heartfelt Creations and ODBD are working with SB on making a stamp to match one of their dies, then why can't SU? KWIM?
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM   #785
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
YES!!! Isn't that a wonderful version of this song? At least I love it! I was just mesmorized when I heard them sing is on the CMA Country Christmas 2011.

CA.....when you were on Youtube....what did you copy to paste it here? Everything I tried did not open up on here.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #786
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
YES!!! Isn't that a wonderful version of this song? At least I love it! I was just mesmorized when I heard them sing is on the CMA Country Christmas 2011.

CA.....when you were on Youtube....what did you copy to paste it here? Everything I tried did not open up on here.
I just went to uTube, brought up the video and then copied and pasted what was in the address bar above the video. NP

I think the SU! "Framelets" do nest. SU! must have made some kind of deal with SB just like other companies have. Maybe they even get theirs from SB. Who knows? I'm just glad they finally have them because I love to use those things, and it will be nice to be able to demo them as an SU! product.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #787
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
I'm up late every night. I am a night person. I wish I wasn't but I am.

I'm curious about how these dies will work too because SB patent is still in place so they can't nest. I guess they must be solid in the middle and that's how they have gotten around the patent. I'm really anxious to see the edge dies. I knew SU would do this because every company is. I have soooooooooo much money invested in SB dies I won't buy duplicates just because they fit the stamps perfectly. For instance I have the hearts and the scalloped hearts. I've seen the new Mini coming out and I know the SB heart shape is different than the SU ones. That kind of stinks because I am a big SU customer. If I lived in town I would be a demo but people don't want to drive out in the country. I've thought about doing the Hobby Demo to get the discount.

Have a good day ladies. I'm off to do some housework. Yuck!
Silly, I used to be a night person, but NO MORE!! LOL! I have to get up at 5 a.m., call my daughter to make sure she's awake and then wake Eddie up at 6 (until 6:30 when he actually gets up!). Times have changed for me!

Old 12-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #788
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post

OH MY GOSH!! - Just listened to the Rascal Flatts version of Mary, did you know!While I am really partial to Kathy Mattea's version, this was a goose bump maker, for SURE! That is one powerful song, and if that doesn't send a MESSAGE to these people who are trying to take Jesus out of Christmas, by the songs that were sung at the big CMA Country Christmas this year,I don't know what will!! Even the backdrops showed images of Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!

Last edited by irishgreensue; 12-14-2011 at 03:32 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #789
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to set my alarm. I like to get up around 7. I would sleep until 8 or 8:30 if I didn't. That wastes too much of my day. It doesn't matter it's just Jerry and I here and he is at work but I still like to get up. For one thing I am best at making my cards in the morning. I am sharpest in the morning.

The new SU dies aren't SB dies. I have a couple of dies from Verve and that's what they look like to me. They may nest but I think the die itself is one whole piece not cut out like SB. I don't know but that's what the pictures looked like. Guess we'll see soon enough. Something else to spend $$ on!

Gotta go my dinner is almost done. I worked hard on it tonight...frozen pot pies. I just did not feel like cooking.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM   #790
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, from what I can see with my Occasions book, the FRAMELITS are just like Spellbinders nesties, the large Sizzlits that are coming out are like the Embosslit dies that we had (Beautiful Wings, Scalloped Heart of Hearts), and the edgelits are thin like the Framelits m but used for card edges or borders. What I can't figure out is why they waited this long to get on the bandwagon with these things- just like the Simply Scored board! Everyone else had them out already!
Old 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #791
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

OKAY, bragging time -

These pictures of my sweet lil' DGD on stage at her Christmas show - the teeny tiniest one there - the teacher had to hold her up, cause she was just standing there!! The last one is a picture I took of her for them to use on their Christmas card!
Attached Thumbnails
daria-1-half-198.jpg   daria-1-half-200.jpg   daria-1-half-230.jpg  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #792
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Now, my DGS in the Christmas Carol last weekend - isn't he handsome?
This was his duet with his "girlfriend" and their on stage 'kiss'!
Attached Thumbnails
2011-tyee-sophomore-year-184.jpg   2011-tyee-sophomore-year-186.jpg   2011-tyee-sophomore-year-188.jpg  
Old 12-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #793
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

And just a couple more.....indulge me, We are so proud of him!!
Attached Thumbnails
2011-tyee-sophomore-year-097.jpg   2011-tyee-sophomore-year-231.jpg   2011-tyee-sophomore-year-270.jpg   2011-tyee-sophomore-year-272.jpg  
Old 12-14-2011, 05:14 PM   #794
Stazon Splitcoast

Greenie!!! You have every right to be proud...WOW!!! DGD is so darling and DGS is as handsome as ever!!!! Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #795
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm baklng Christmas Cookies on Saturday with my DIL. Who wants to join us? Can't wait!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #796
101 Airborne

CA, so glad you got your heat fixed and have you in my prayers on the fostering care item; Greenie, keeping you and DGS in my prayers and what wonderful pics - I see why you are proud - they are gorgeous; Sylvia - you've been a busy bee and Lesley - I'll take some iced sugar cookies - yummerz - if I were there - I'd lend a hand! Been busy here too - just with life and the holidays. I will sort of be glad when they are over! Brat - hope all is good for you too! Tater - hope you're feeling a bit more up to par; Shirt and Fur Babies - hope all is well your way. Ladies - hugs and blessing (and lit candles) all around. K.

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member

Last edited by 101Airborne; 12-14-2011 at 05:39 PM..
Old 12-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #797
Stazon Splitcoast

Greenie that Daria is a doll baby. I love the picture of her holding her feet. She is a happy baby. Her eyes dance when she smiles. Your DGS is a handsome guy. It looks like their play was really good. You got great pictures.

Well I must be wrong about the dies. Anywho I'm interested in the edge dies.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:17 PM   #798
Loves lavender roses

Speaking of fur babies, Eddie rescued a kitty and we put posters up by most of the mail boxes, but no one has claimed her. Eddie's calling her Gypsy.
Attached Thumbnails
kitty-120611.jpg  

Old 12-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #799
Loves lavender roses

Greenie, what grandma wouldn't be proud of a DGS that is smart, talented and so handsome!! Brag away, Sistah!!

BTW, Daria and Maddie should get together. I think they are just about the same age. I bet that would be interesting!

Old 12-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #800
Watercolor Wizard

So sorry about your uncle Sue. hope all is well with your aunt, will keep ya in prayer!! hugs

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/