Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 07:04 AM   #521
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Oh, Greenie! Thanks for your concern! Yes, I think I'm on the other side of it. This is the worst bout with allergies I've ever had. I'm still plugged up and coughing up a storm. My mom keeps asking, "Are you taking anything for that cough?" I think I'm kind of irritating to be around with all the coughing! I know that's the part that will linger on for a while, it always does. But, as you say, it's nothing I can't deal with! Love ya, Sis!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #522
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a heads up for all of you who had it in prayer - Katie Renz (see the original posts HERE died yesterday morning from the stomach cancer she was diagnosed with just last December. Her husband, Kevin, and sons, Hunter (will be 12 on Dec 1), and twins, Will and Nate (will be 6 on Nov 19) are in need of your prayers. Also FYI, Mothermark is going to be making their sons the object of a teaparty - the younger ones will be Nov 15th, and Hunter's party will be separate near the end of this month - keep your eyes peeled for the TPT challenges and if you can - participate to try to make their BD's a little better after just losing their Mom ! Thanks for the prayers, Sistahs!!

We all think we have hard times till we hear these gut wrenching stories of other's lives and struggles. Katie was courageous and unwavering the entire time and was ready to meet the Lord, and Kevin was her tower of strength! If you have the time, there is a lot on her blog as she journaled the entire time till the end - this is from the beginning -

Last edited by irishgreensue; 11-08-2011 at 08:36 AM..
Old 11-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #523
Stazon Splitcoast

I did hear about Katie. That is just so sad. I am sure it will always be bittersweet, but I hope God turns those ashes into beauty sooner than later for her men folk left behind. I pray they let the Holy Spirit keep them wrapped in love.

I had terrible hot flashes for awhile. I thought I was a little young for that, but the doc was not concerned. Then I did some digging and it turned out they were an uncommon side affect to some meds I was taking. Once I had them changed they went away. I am NOT looking forward to having them back.

DH might like them though because I just might peal off several layers of fleece at night...

Christmas cards before December??????????? The pressure!!!!!!

Would someone pass the Extra-hot, non-fat latte and some extra dark chocolates up to the top of the bus? Also, those of you having hot flashes - come cuddle up to me!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #524
Stazon Splitcoast

Be right up - with the the Extra-hot, non-fat latte and a big box of some extra dark chocolates - we need all the energy we can get, right Brat?
Old 11-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #525
Stazon Splitcoast

That's right Greenie! Hugs to you and little Daria. I'll bet she is a battery recharger too.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #526
Stazon Splitcoast

I have followed Katie's blog all along and I saw the post Kevin made telling of her death. I cried. It's so sad when someone so young leaves children behind.
I don't talk about this much because its too hard. We lost our son to a car accident when he was 28. He had a 3 yr old son. I remember at the funeral he was crying out loud and saying I don't want my Daddy dead. Talk about heart wrenching.
I feel so bad for Katie's children and husband. Katie was a strong person. To write about her cancer the way she did was always amazing to me.
It was cold and rainy here today. We need the rain so I'm not complaining.
CA I know how allergies can make you so sick. Take care of yourself. Do you take anything for them? I take Allegra.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #527
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
I have followed Katie's blog all along and I saw the post Kevin made telling of her death. I cried. It's so sad when someone so young leaves children behind.
I don't talk about this much because its too hard. We lost our son to a car accident when he was 28. He had a 3 yr old son. I remember at the funeral he was crying out loud and saying I don't want my Daddy dead. Talk about heart wrenching.
I feel so bad for Katie's children and husband. Katie was a strong person. To write about her cancer the way she did was always amazing to me.
CA I know how allergies can make you so sick. Take care of yourself. Do you take anything for them? I take Allegra.
Sylvia....thank you for sharing about your son....it must have been hard for you to do that. Please know you are surrounded by loving arms...God's and mine!

My heart goes out to Kevin and the boys. How sad! Too often a life is taken too short! I'll always wonder why and plan on asking God that question when I get to Heaven!

LYMI, my sistahs!!! .....Brat....it's good to see you on the top of da bus! I'll send up some hotness......as the flashes come more often now. Hubby is all cozy in his fleeces when we go to bed and I'm in my lightest nightie...with my feet out from under the covers. I keep pushing the doggies over to his side of the bed! Heehee!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #528
Die Cut Diva

Howdy Sistahs! I feel somewhat better and can spend short spurts on the computer until I have to go put my leg back up. This will be short but I do want to thank you all for your cards and letters! They are beautiful and so very much appreciated! I had to go to the wound clinic and yes, they wrapped me AGAIN! Which means at least another week of dealing with this. More later. Love you all!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 AM   #529
Loves lavender roses

IT's WONDERFUL to see you on da bus, Tate!! We've all been praying for ya!! I'm glad your hospital stay was shorter than originally anticipated; what a blessing!! Take it easy so we can have you back again full time!!! LYMI

Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 AM   #530
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Howdy Sistahs! I feel somewhat better and can spend short spurts on the computer until I have to go put my leg back up. This will be short but I do want to thank you all for your cards and letters! They are beautiful and so very much appreciated! I had to go to the wound clinic and yes, they wrapped me AGAIN! Which means at least another week of dealing with this. More later. Love you all!
Sweet poTATER TOT!!!!! I'm so glad to see your smiling face on da bus!!!! GF, we have MISSED you!!!!!! Praying you up, my friend!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #531
Stazon Splitcoast

OH my goodness, Sylvia, you have been through so much with losing your son at such a young age - I cannot fathom how hard this must have been for you! Surely, Katie's family is in your thoughts, having seen first hand how hard it is for the children. My hugs and prayers go out to you too, for all you have been through. Katie's family will be backed by the countless stampers who have been rallying for her since she got her diagnosis. God will keep them all in the palm of his hand - pray for Kevin - he has a huge job ahead with the boys, as well as dealing with the loss of his dear wife.

Sweet Tater!!!!!! So good to hear from you, and that you are up and around in little spurts! That was a GOD thing for sure with you getting out of the hospital so quickly - we are glad to hear you are doing better, but take CARE not to rush this - no skipping any steps, just do what you have to do to get this all cleared up. We will keep you close in heart!!

Brat, glad to see you coming aboard again! Golly, you have been busy!! I will make sure the latte machine is kept full, just for you - oh, and I ordered some Godiva dark chocolates for the top of the bus too! You need energy from wherever you can get it from!!

Lesley, your story of your nighttime bed-wear had me laughing - AND the feet hanging out from under the covers!!! LOL the tears were running down my face! Hope Mark is doing okay with his PT, and no more complications with his foot!

CA, i have been praying for your cough to go away - when it even bothers your MOM to hear you coughing, I know it must hurt your ribs too. Please take care of yourself!!!

Shirt and Pat, I know you are both hovering nearby, just really busy with "stuff". You are both wrapped in prayer for your needs as well.

What, no Kathy or Christina on the bus today?? Praying you up and trusting all is well, and that you are just busy, busy, busy!! Know that we are thinking of you too.

LYMI, my Sistahs, Mwah!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #532
Stazon Splitcoast

Brat, glad to see you coming aboard again! Golly, you have been busy!! I will make sure the latte machine is kept full, just for you - oh, and I ordered some Godiva dark chocolates for the top of the bus too! You need energy from wherever you can get it from!!

Greenie...this word had me laughing!!! Does anyone really say GOLLY anymore??? Other than Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle)??? Well, GOOOOOOOLLLLL-OOOOOLLLLL-OOOOOLLLLLL-LYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE!!!!. Bwahahahahahahaaaaa..... Love it!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #533
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Oh, Lesley, Golly GEE - you have me ROFLOL now - I haven't heard about Gomer Pyle for a while now - guess my age is showing, huh, gals?? I am older than Shirt, and even older than DIRT!! So I guess, I am the "Gramma" of this bunch, and I better get used to " taking a ribbing" from y'all about it!! Yuck, yuck, yuck, shucks, well, goooolll- lllyyyeeeee!!

Have I told you lately how much I LYMIMIMIMI!! You make me smile all over my face!!

Wuv you, GF!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post

Greenie...this word had me laughing!!! Does anyone really say GOLLY anymore??? Other than Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle)??? Well, GOOOOOOOLLLLL-OOOOOLLLLL-OOOOOLLLLLL-LYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE!!!!. Bwahahahahahahaaaaa..... Love it!!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #534
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Sistahs!

Tater, I'm not sure what happened to you, but I'm glad you are getting better. Maybe they can do the rest of your body in a spa wrap since you are there getting wrapped anyway.

Lesley and Greenie - snuggle close with those chocolates and hot flashes!

Sylvia, a big hug to you. I can't even imagine. I hope I never have to. Bless you.

Hi everybody else that may drop in!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:05 PM   #535
Stazon Splitcoast

It's so nice to see your smiling face on the other end of the computer Tater. Glad you are doing better.

Brat I never want anyone to experience losing a child. It goes against the way life is supposed to be. There are no words to describe it.

Well I am a Survivor fan and that's on tonight along with the CMA awards. I like both of those.

Got to go get my supper cooked.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #536
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh YEAH! CMA, CMA, CMA!!! Guess what will be my BG music tonight!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 AM   #537
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Default Older than Dirt.....

Happy Burfday to you...
Happy Burfday to you....
Happy Dirt Day dear Shirtley!
Happy Burfday to you!!!!

Sistah Shirt, you were my very first friend on SCS, and I have been thankful ever since! I still remember the first time we met IRL in da Mudder Land, when my plane was five hours late- and there you stood, in the middle of the night. I remember those twinkle blue eyes and warm smile. I was seeing the Best Friend I never met, and still I feel blessed to think of it! I love how we bonded instantly, and how we prayed together before tucking in. That was too precious to me Sissy.

And, I am thankful to have walked away from that with my eyes and kidneys..... I love you dearly, and hope your birthday is full of all the good things you have done, coming back to you multiplied and flowing over.

Happy Burfday Bestie! Love you, mean it!!!!!
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 11-10-2011, 04:27 AM   #538
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sistahs, I love you all too. I will be away for the weekend and will try to catch y'all later. Sylvia, I send you hugs, and am thankful for your heart. Sweet Tater, you take care of that leg and rest up. And all you other Bus Riders- bless your hearts. Love you much!

Pat
(CM )
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 11-10-2011, 05:08 AM   #539
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY BURFDAY, SHIRT!!!! ANOTHER YEAR YOUNGER......(Pssst...you ARE old enough now to go in the OTHER direction, right???) I mean, once you hit 113, it's all downhill from there, right? Heeheeeheeheeheehee!!!!

Love you, sweet gal! Enjoy your day and I hope is it as special as you are!!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #540
Stazon Splitcoast

Sissy, good to see you on da bus today! How are those crafty hands of yours??? I've been praying you up!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #541
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sissy, I made it three days with no meds this week! Yesterday was bad, but then, I had 3 gooood days! Thanks for your prayers.

Just a note- when I met Shirt over five years ago, she was 114. I can't remember when she started going backwards...Lol!

A nudder note- please check out this Newbie. She has struggled to get her gallery going and finally made it! Her cards are gorgeous. The photos are kinda small and I set her a link about resizing. So, if you have a moment, please check out Lynn's cards. She is very sweet and I know she would appreciate some Twisted Sistah luv!
Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - Lynn Anderson - Handmade Cards & Crafts

Off to work! Love ya bunches!!!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #542
Stazon Splitcoast

Lynn surely is pumping out some beautiful cards!!! I love the Christmas one with the hymn music paper.....so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing a link to her gallery, Sissy!!! Hugs, my sweet, sweet friend!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #543
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat Cards View Post
Oh YEAH! CMA, CMA, CMA!!! Guess what will be my BG music tonight!
They opened with that ol' country favorite, "Footloose"!!! LOL!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:24 AM   #544
Loves lavender roses

Happy Birthday, Lovely Driver with the shiny halo!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #545
Stazon Splitcoast

CA.....It's YOUR JOB today to make sure that halo is spit and polished and so shiny that it's brilliance will blind everyone and make our bus driver SHINE!!!!!!!!!! Just like the QUEEN that she is!!!!! . Are you up for the task today, Oh Humble Servant????
Old 11-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #546
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
CA.....It's YOUR JOB today to make sure that halo is spit and polished and so shiny that it's brilliance will blind everyone and make our bus driver SHINE!!!!!!!!!! Just like the QUEEN that she is!!!!! . Are you up for the task today, Oh Humble Servant????
DONE!!

Old 11-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #547
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Reading this really made my heart ache. What a painful thing to have to go through. I am so sorry.

I design for
CCEE Stampers, Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team and Speedy Fox and Friends

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 11-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #548
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

for the burfday wishes. I think I have a long way to go before I start going the other way. Lol. My son's girlfriend is taking me to lunch. My neighbor is cooking dinner for me
So I am getting really spoiled. DH is taking me to Lamberts Cafe in Sikeston Mo. It is the home of the throwed rolls. The first time I went, it was in their old building. The new restaurant is just not the same. They give you rolls with sorghum molasses, okra and all kinds of goodies before you get your meal. That means, you are full by the time your meal is served. I hope I can still catch my roll. Lol

I have been busy and not around much, but You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

I will have to come back later to finish my messaging. My lunch date will be here soon.

I design for
CCEE Stampers, Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team and Speedy Fox and Friends

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 11-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #549
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DRIVER/SHIRT
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUU!

Shirley, I am so happy to have met you - I will never forget the day you "appeared" from behind Bubba and surprised the heck out of me!! What a wonderful FRIEND you have become - even if you are - what 112, now? you started going backwards last year you said - so it will be like 23 years till we are the same age !! LOL

So blessed you are my Sistah!!!! LYM - you know it!

Tried twice to call - will try again later!!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #550
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Happy Day Shirley! I am sorry I did not check my list of bd's so I didn't know it was yours today. Those bad girls saying you are 111 or whatever the number. You're the bus driver, I'd make them sit upstairs! I know the truth. You're only 110!!!! Lubs ya.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #551
101 Airborne

Okay - now for the second verse - wait - it's the same as the first verse! My singing is truly bad - in high school, when I tried out for the choir, Sister Margaret Mary told me, "That was just lovely dear, but perhaps your calling is in another area." Well, fine! Hence, my singing career was down the tubes thanks to Sister Margaret Mary! Another Happy Birthday my sweet friend - and many, many more to come!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:55 AM   #552
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101Airborne View Post
Okay - now for the second verse - wait - it's the same as the first verse! My singing is truly bad - in high school, when I tried out for the choir, Sister Margaret Mary told me, "That was just lovely dear, but perhaps your calling is in another area." Well, fine! Hence, my singing career was down the tubes thanks to Sister Margaret Mary! Another Happy Birthday my sweet friend - and many, many more to come!
Now Kathy, we all know what your service is.....praying us up and lighting those candles for us!!! That is truly a blessing!!! I bet, though, that your singing is just exceptional music to God's ears!!!! Keep singing....who cares what Sister Margaret Mary said!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #553
Stazon Splitcoast

Heading up to see my step-daughter, Laura and hubby, Casey tomorrow. I'll be so close to HL, but won't be able to get there!!! The baby is doing well, Laura is gaining the normal weight and the ultrasounds all look good so far. I'm praying that this precious baby boy will be healthy and not have Edward's syndrome like the doctors fear!!! Hugs to you all, my sweet, sweet, corny sistahs!!! :P
Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #554
Loves lavender roses

Hey, Eddie watched Maddie for a few minutes while I made my TSC card! I had to be fast though! LOL!

Old 11-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #555
Stazon Splitcoast

Elvis' choir director said he couldn't sing either. HA!

SHIIIIRRRRRRTTTTT! I am SO BAD with birthdays!

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AND BIRTHDAY HUGS

In print and in the shower I have a FABULOUS voice! I sound just like Martina McBride of course - La, la, la.
Happy Birthday to yooooouuuuuuuu!

Yes, CA that was a fun song. I was so happy to hear Vince Gill, Martina McBride and so many more. Poor Vanessa had to go to bed wondering if Taylor Swift would win. I had to give her the run down the next AM. I ended up folding laundry and doing chores so I could see and hear the awards!
Old 11-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #556
Loves lavender roses

Well, Brat Girl, I multi-tasked while the awards were on as well. I tucked myself in bed with my laptop and did a little commenting during commercials!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #557
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi,

If I were to get into bed, or even horizontal, or even sit still for longer than 5-10 minutes I fall asleep! You should hear me read to the kids when I falling asleep. Sometimes I start to fall asleep while reading out loud and I actually start saying stuff that has nothing to do with the book and talk whatever I'm dreaming!

What is the challenge for today? 1 million punches or something like that?
Old 11-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #558
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat Cards View Post
Hi,

If I were to get into bed, or even horizontal, or even sit still for longer than 5-10 minutes I fall asleep! You should hear me read to the kids when I falling asleep. Sometimes I start to fall asleep while reading out loud and I actually start saying stuff that has nothing to do with the book and talk whatever I'm dreaming!

What is the challenge for today? 1 million punches or something like that?
For today, TSC1111, Pat asked us to make a Thanksgiving themed card with eleven punched thangs on it.

BTW, you're up for next week! You get to present us with the TSC1118!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #559
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, I will try to come up with a card for this challenge (I will most likely cheat) and at the same time think of a new challenge.

I hope I don't sprain my brain!!! The kids have company so, I am going to try to make a card starting NOW....
Old 11-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #560
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Sistahs. Well tomorrow is the opening day of deer season around here so I have company. My 13 year old gs is going hunting for the first time tomorrow. He is beyond excited. He took his Hunter Safety course. My husband quit hunting about 15 yrs ago and he is going tomorrow to take dgs. He went to KC to get him. Took him to get his tag and all the necessary toys. He is excited for Chris. Hes a good grandpa. I tell you its dangerous out here during hunting season. You hear guns going off all day. I put my dog in a big stall so she doesn't get hurt or worse.
Pat forgive me if I don't get this challenge done.