Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #4761
Proud Fan Club Member

Hello ladies. Everyone doing ok? Jill how are the girls?
I wish I could make it to the stamp show with you all. We never have anything like that around here. I live in the boonies.

Greenie I had a nice time Saturday night. I had a big ol Ribeye. I got several bd gifts and pretty cards. Did you see my tea box my friend made for me? I posted it. Check it out. She won't do a gallery on here but stalks the galleries all the time. She is really talented and everything she makes is perfect because she is OCD!!!! I have to tease her about that. I always thought I was bad but she makes me look mild. So her creations are always so nice and so pretty.

I have got to get the gumption up and go on a diet. I hate fighting my weight. I need a body lift too! They need to start at my feet and just keep pulling upward and tie a knot on top of my head for added height! I died laughing at my daughter Tara. She said " Mom when I lay down the girls are going east and west!" I said oh just wait, at least they're not going south...yet!

I got some new stamps for my bd. I used one sentiment the same day I got it. That's a record for me.

Well I fixed ham and beans, pork chops, fried potatoes and cornbread for dinner. All that work and I barely touched it. When it came time to eat I had no appetite.

Well hope everyone has a good evening.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #4762
Forum Fanatic

Hi girls...just popped in to say GN...sweet dreams to all....

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #4763
Stazon Splitcoast

Same to you Jan, sorry I was so late getting to the TSC gallery!! Love that card with the truck!
GN - sleep sweet!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #4764
Forum Fanatic

Sylvia, Glad to hear you had a nice birthday...

And thank you for asking about the girls... The picture of the accident was terrible. It looks like all three cars involved were totaled...everyone walked away from the accident but the one girl. My granddaughter's classmate, She is a senior in high school this year just like my granddaughter. She wasn't a best friend to my granddaughter. However, my granddaughter has gone to school with her since early grade school, so she does know how quite well, and as I said before, I worked at the school where the girl's mother works. So I know who her mother is... They had a prayer service for her at school, and the Mother did attend,
No one talked about the accident on how the girl is doing. The accident is still under investigation and as of yesterday I was told she was still in very serious condition, and has had surgery. Please keep praying for her... Her name is Maddie... I will keep you updated when possible...

Greenie and Leslie, I haven't had a chance to talk to my craft buddies, but since Cherie works fulltime, there's a good chance we will have to go on Saturday the 13th.
I think I need to start saving now...smile...
Last year I spent so much money there...and I hate to admit this...but I bought some things there that I still have NOT used from 10 months ago.

I try...
These last two weeks, I have had more card failures than NOT. It gets me down, and sometimes so discouraged, I just feel like giving the whole thing up. To spend so much time working on cards, and then I can't get them to look right on work for me...
Does this happen to anyone else?

Well, it's pass my bedtime, so I need to log off...
Hope everyone is having a good week...
Blessings, Jill
QFTD165
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #4765
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jill,

I have prayed for the gal in the accident. I sure hope God mends her and that she feels Him hugging her though this.

You are SO NOT alone in the card frustration department. I really struggle a lot of the time making cards. They rarely end up like I thought they would. Yet, I still want to do it because, on some level, I enjoy it. I like having my SCS gallery, partly because I like to have a handy record of what I have done. I like to go back to see what I didn't see earlier when I made things in the past to see what I have learned. Sometimes, I case myself to try to improve a design, or I just make something similar that I like. I also look at some things and wonder, "What was I thinking?!" It is good when I see some improvement on certain levels over time.

Sometimes I make something that I really like, but it is a flop in the SCS galleries. It has been a revelation after my long break that I just don't care this time around. I enjoy the process of playing with my toys. I will not care whether my stuff is as good as other's work. I just need to enjoy myself and the company I find here. I would rather be funny than serious most of the time - sometimes that does not translate to others. I also learn new things, and I am inspired too. I cannot deny that if someone likes something that it gives me a happy feeling. However, if they don't, it does not kill my fun.

I also have limited time to make cards. So, if something is crooked (Ok, everything!), or smeared or whatever - too bad! I am not wasting the effort I already put into it. I am not a professional, a company representative, or a blogger. So, I only have to please myself - or not.

Your struggles and reasons may be similar to mine or very different, I don't know. However, the bottom line is that, yes, sometimes I get very frustrated! You only have yourself to please.

I hope you will see the beauty in your work and enjoy it and continue to grow in directions that please you. I think you make many, many beautiful cards. So, it is surprising to me that you have struggles. I hope your struggles are fewer and fewer and your enjoyment is more and more!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 AM   #4766
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, Brat Girl is totally right!! All you have to please is yourself - don't let a little smear or a crooked sentiment make you lose the joy you have in creating - I cover a smear up with a butterfly (yeah, that's why my cards have butterflies all over them!)or restamp a sentiment and glue it OVER the crooked one - don't worry - be happy with your creations!!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #4767
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
TO ALL MY SWEET SISTERS!

HUGS AND LOVE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #4768
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Greenie...I'm feeling the LOVE!!!! Happy Valentine's Day right back at ya!!!!!! HUGGERS too!!!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #4769
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Valentine's Day to all the Sistahs!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #4770
Forum Fanatic

Terri, and Sue, Thank you for kind words of encouragement.
and Happy Valentines to all of you...Had computer problems earlier and didn't have a chance to come on before this...
QFTD165
Old 02-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #4771
Forum Fanatic

Did anyone do anything exciting for Valentine's day? Usually hubby takes me out to breakfast/dinner. but not this year However, he take me to breakfast to my favorite breakfast place last Monday, so that kind of makes up for it. The serve my favorite breakfast treat...Swedish pancakes aka crepes. and I usually order fresh fruit on top...(Not a diet breakfast...smile)
QFTD165
Old 02-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #4772
Proud Fan Club Member

Hope everyone had a nice V-Day. Mine was uneventful. Jerry got me a box of candy and we did got out to dinner last weekend for it. I can't complain.

Brat I have always enjoyed your cards. I cased the one with the three pines and made several for my Christmas cards this year. And I have to say I love your sense of humor. You crack me up and that's a good thing. I think if you can make others laugh its a special gift. You know I really don't worry about what others think of my cards. I am making it for my own use and if I like it that's all that counts. As far as the galleries I have lots of cards that have not gotten many comments. I too enjoy going back and looking at how I have progressed or changed my style some. Right now I am really into CAS. I can get one done faster and easier plus I can mail it for the price of a single stamp. Now I love using several dies together with scriptures or poems. I love that look but don't want to do it all the time. I have never tried to be on a design team because for me it would take away a lot of the fun. It would feel to much like work.

Jill you make such pretty cards. I always enjoy them. Still praying for the girl in the accident.

Pat and Shirt where are you?? Hope you are both doing ok.

CA how is DeAnna and you? Mom holding her own?

Tater hows you?

Lesley you have been kickin out the cards lately. The only card I've made all week was for the teaparty. Just not in the mood.

Kathy haven't seen you on here much either. Hope you're doing good.

Jan is it cold where you live. I always think of Canada as cold and I know that's dumb! One of my best friends in elementary school was from Canada. They ate grilled cheese sandwiches with thin slices of red onion on them and dipped them in Catsup. I always use the Catsup. Isn't it funny the things you remember as a kid?

Greenie did you have a nice time on your lunch date with Phyllis? Still walking? I'm just waiting for the weather to get better to start walking again.

I have a cold...again! This is really unusual for me. I'm going to go pick up some Vitamin C.

Oh and Wendy it was good to hear from you on da bus!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #4773
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Mom is doing OK. She hasn't caught the bug the rest of us have, and neither has Eddie. The kids are all sick and laundry is piling up. My 7 year old barfed all over his bed. The 5 year old girl is in my bed because she came in in the middle of the night with an earache. The 2 year old has been crying and has boogies all over his little face. I'm keeping Eddie home to help me today. The house is a mess, lots of dishes, etc. I still have to rush into the bathroom to go, but at least I don't feel like I need to throw up any more!

DeAnna is almost totally bald already. She says her arms (with no hair) feel like a baby's butt. I just remind her that it will grow back when she's done with the chemo treatments. I think she must be preparing for round two of the chemo soon.

I think it's my turn for the challenge. I'll post it separately because it makes it easier to find.

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 02-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #4774
Loves lavender roses

Default TSC0222

KIDS!

TSC0222 is to make a kid card. It can be a card for a child or just one that uses a kid type stamp. If you have a stamp of a child, or a stamp with a child on it, that's great!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #4775
Stazon Splitcoast

CA...thanks for posting the challenge even though you are under the weather and have a sick household! Love you, gal!!! What a strong lady!!! Take care, k?
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #4776
Loves lavender roses

You're welcome, Punk!

Old 02-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #4777
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Challenges for March

Ok gals....the new list for March:

Greenie - March 1

Jill - March 8

Brat - March 15

Silly - March 22

Jan - March 29

If anyone doesn't want to give a challenge, please let me know, otherwise I will keep you on the list. Or if you have any suggestions or ideas regarding the challenges, pm me.

Hugs to you all!!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:24 AM   #4778
Die Cut Diva

Great challenge CA. So sorry to learn y'all are not up to snuff. It can be very trying when everyone, including yourself is sick! Hope it all goes away soon. I've heard a few comments about needing to loose weight and not having inspiration to make cards. Been through all this too. I don't have magic answers other than to offer y'all words of support. Weight loss advice coming from me, a PLUS SIZE girl, is a joke!!! I've struggled with my weight all my life. Compulsive/emotional eater! I've been doing Weight Watchers and feel a lot better. I've no idea how much I have lost thus far. I am in the process of training myself to eat properly; the healthier choices and portion control. I have successful days and some days we shouldn't be talking about but, I've told myself never, never, never, never give up. I pray for help from God above and try to remember that she who helps herself....... This is the main reason I post few comments on Das Bus; I am trying to get more active. I could spend hours upon hours on this computer but have to pull myself away! So I am trying to turn computer time into my treat instead of boxes of chips, cookies and stuff. After I lost Mom, I started baking like you wouldn't believe. I used all her favorite recipes in an effort to keep her near and tried to eat it all too. Finally realized that Mom also enjoyed the great outdoors and that exercise might help me deal with her loss. I think its working. It is not an over night deal by any means but, I think it helps. So, y'all don't loose your goals. Pull your self up by your boot straps or high heel straps and dust yourself off and start all over again! Special thoughts for everyone who is struggling and prayers are wrapped around each of you and your loved ones for healing comfort.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #4779
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning, all! Got a big day today for my grandson, Ty - his band is playing at a music venue down in Philly today and we are going to support them. Hope you all had a good Valentine's day - Phyllis and I went out for lunch that day to treat each other - it is not the same at all once you don't have your sweetie anymore, KWIM?

CA, sorry to hear y'all have been sick PLUS all those sick kids at your house! So glad your Mom did not get sick too - that was a blessing that Eddie is able to help you out!! Yikes - I am amazed at all you still do! Thanks for coming up with a cute challenge - I LOVE doing kids cards!! Still praying for DeAnna, hoping that round 2 is kinder to her!

Silly, I have been sticking to only 2 challenges - the teapotters and our TSC - been also staying pretty CAS and building up my stash of cards again - keeping up my walking a mile+ a day, and I can tell the knee is stronger, but the walking is good for me too as well as watching what I eat -

Lesley, seeing all the cards you are churning out - with work and family, I still don't know how you do it! Still praying for Justin - and Ryan to find some work!

Tater, I am there with you , Sistah! Have been doing the walking and though I am not on Weight Watchers, I try to follow the plan and watch the portions, stay away from snacking unless it is veggies! Also have not weighed myself, BUT the clothes are feeling looser, so I am sure it is all helping, plus not being planted in front of the computer all the time on my butt!! Now I am back to doing all my regular stuff, helping with the grands and overall being more active, AND I am sleeping better too! It's a win-win!!

Brat, your gallery is alive again, YAY - and I am loving that you are back here on the Bus, keeping the latte machine going! You have no idea how much you were missed!!

Jill, just create to make YOU happy - the challenges are nice if you need a jumping off point, but do what makes you happy - without the stress - heaven knows we need less stress in all our lives!

Kathy, I see you are still on multiple design teams - don't know how you keep up with all the challenges and still have fun - sometimes the pressure of meeting a challenge can overwhelm - I am glad my time as a DT was limited - fun while it lasted but relieved it is done!

Shirt, I see from your blog that you are still doing a lot of DTs too - lots of work, but I am hoping you are having some fun too - those vintage cards you are turning out are really SPECIAL Keeping you close in prayers, missing you here on the bus - hey, did you put this rig on auto pilot or something??????? Seems to be careening out of control - get your helmet and get this bus back on track! Miss you!

Pat, guessing you are super busy - this must be crazy time in work!! Hope you are getting the things that matter to you caught up, and getting some time to rejuvenate on the weekends - there just never seems to be enough time to do all we have to do, is there? Praying for all your concerns and hoping those sweet lil grands are flourishing with their Mama home now!! Miss you too!

Jan, bet your neighbors are still ordering a lot of those great cards of yours - checking them out as they appear in your gallery - hope you are staying warm up there in the frozen tundra - those temps are too cold for me!!

Wendy, good to see you popping in and in the galleries - your comments are always so full of energy and encouragement - stay warm - spring will be here soon!

From the looks of the cards being made, a lot of people are yearning for spring to arrive - praying for all of you to be well, and your concerns taken up into the Father's hands!

Hugs and Smoochies to all!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #4780
Stazon Splitcoast

Greenie....as soon as I saw your post, I went to get the popcorn and my comfy clothes, cause I knew it was gonna be a novel! LOL! Love you, GF!!!! You are da BESTEST!!! You never miss anyone.....you are so good about that! Bless you, sweetie!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #4781
Stazon Splitcoast

ROFLOLOLOL

You ALWAYS make me laugh!!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #4782
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Gals, it is time to move. Move to the new bus. I notice the mileage is about up on this old rig. Head on over to the new Bus tour #6.

Twisted Sisters Bus Tour #6 (Helmets required)

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog