Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 10:11 PM   #441
Proud Fan Club Member

CA I know when it comes to your kids you gotta do what you gotta do but take a few minutes now and then to smell the roses. You don't want to get down. Hugz to you,Mom, Eddie, your daughter and dgd.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:20 AM   #442
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
CA I know when it comes to your kids you gotta do what you gotta do but take a few minutes now and then to smell the roses. You don't want to get down. Hugz to you,Mom, Eddie, your daughter and dgd.
It seems I already am down. I've either got a cold or allergies. Been coughing, watery eyes, head ache. I think I'll try taking a Benedryl later. THAT will keep me down for a while! LOL! AND, I can still smell the roses!! LOL! I don't have a stuffed up or runny nose! Thanks for all the hugz!!! Huge {{{HUGZ}}} back!!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #443
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Default UPDATE: Sweet Tater

Sistahs! Just got off the phone with Sweet Tater, who was trying to make it to the Bus to let us all know she is on the mend! She ran outta steam, and is only able to be up a short time- but she is folding laundry and able to take care of small chores. She said Gunner is the best care taker she ever saw! Bless his heart!

Tater's neighbor, Heidi has been bringing meals, and keeping tabs on our Sister. When she told me what Heidi relayed to her, we both wound up in happy tears. When Heidi heard Phyllis would be in the hospital another 5-6 weeks, she went home and prayed up a fervor! The next morning is when Tater's doc came in and told her it looked like she had three days healing over night, the tears flowed. Heidi said, "Phyllis, if you ain't a believer, you gotta be now!" Lol- you know Tater knows where her help comes from. She said to thank every one of you gals for lifting her up at this time as well. She cherishes the friends on this Bus.

Kathy, she told me to mention she got your beautiful card and will try to upload asap. I told her no worries, just get better. Her mom is doing ok for now, but is still confused. Herlinda (mama) is due for another PET Scan at the end of Nov to see if the chemo implant is helping her liver. Please lift her up for this.

Ok sweet friends, that's the update and about all I can type for now. I love you to pieces and send my love to each of you and am keeping you in my prayers.

LYMI,
Pat

P.S. Please lift up Nancy Wm's papa too. He is having tests on her bd (Nov 1).
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 AM   #444
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow,

Just checking in to see if everyone is okay -
CA, praying you up now, Sis that the coughing and watery eyes stuff is only a temporary thing, and you get your Groove back! Go Benedryl!!But mostly -go Jesus! He is the one who gives us our strength!! HUGS!! Feel better quick!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #445
Stazon Splitcoast

Praise God that Tater is on the mend!! Her neighbor, Heidi, is so sweet to be looking in on her, but also praying like she did for Tater to effect such a dramatic improvement overnight!! Definitely knows how to love her neighbor!! God bless Gunner for taking such good care of his Doodles - can't believe she is up and doing little chores, but that is so like her - wanting to be doing things! Keeping her Mama's scan results in prayer too! Thanks for the update, Pat! We appreciate being kept in the loop! Oh, and lots of prayers for Nancy's Dad too for his tests!
LYMI - HUGS!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #446
Loves lavender roses

Oh, I'm so glad to hear of Tater's recovery!! Tate, sometimes, if we don't slow down a bit, God will slow us down!! You take care! Pat, thanks so much for the update! Now, go rest those finners!! We all love you, too!!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #447
Stazon Splitcoast

You need to take some of your own advice, CA, and TAKE CARE OF YOU, TOO!! Get that Benedryl and rest a while - Eddie and Alicia can take care of Maddie hold down the fort for a while!! Hugs!
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #448
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
You need to take some of your own advice, CA, and TAKE CARE OF YOU, TOO!! Get that Benedryl and rest a while - Eddie and Alicia can take care of Maddie hold down the fort for a while!! Hugs!
Oh, thanks Greenie! No Maddie today!!! Alicia has Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off until they switch to the longer Peek hours. She might come over later to do her laundry, but that's it. I might not even cook dinner tonight. I can always go to a fast food and order up something. Last week, I got 12 tacos for ten bucks, and Eddie had a ball with that! I didn't wake my mom up till 9:30 because I took that Benadryl and went back to sleep! I think I'll make one of the cards for my Club on Thursday. I'm still sleepy from that pill and it was 3 hours ago that I took it. Love ya!!

Old 10-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #449
Proud Fan Club Member

CA I have been concerned since your Mom got sick, about you. It seems like you do a lot for everyone else. I'm glad you are gonna get some sleep. I have had insomonia all my life. I can remember being a child, before I started school and not being able to sleep. That will make me sick faster than anything else. So I am sure you are the same way.

Pat thanks for the update on Phyllis. Praise the Lord for Heidi! I'm glad she is feeling a little stronger.

Wow Greenie and Lesley how much snow did you all end up with? I have an aunt near Boston and they got 30 inches! Holy smokes don't send that stuff this way.

Kathy you are always quiet on the weekends. Spending time with your husband?
Old 10-30-2011, 05:18 PM   #450
Loves lavender roses

Silly, thanks for your concern! I'm OK. I think it's just allergies. I had a lady here today to do her stamp camp cards. After she left, I jumped in the car and went to KFC and bought a bucket of chicken. I had made macaroni salad and we had some left over, so that and chicken was our dinner. After I got my mom changed and back to the TV, I took another pill. I'm in my bed with my laptop. Soon, I will doze off. My throat is so sore. Allergies are as bad as anything, I think. I think the sage is in bloom around here or something. Eddie is having some symptoms as well. I forgot that Alicia can't come over unless I go get her! I hope she has some friends who can take her somewhere to do something fun. I'm going to lie down and let that pill do its thing. My love to all.
CA

Old 10-31-2011, 06:20 AM   #451
Stazon Splitcoast

Can I just tell you???? The snow makes me happy!!! I was walking across the parking lot into work this morning and I was looking at the snow piles from the plowing and thinking......wow, this really makes me happy! I just LOVE snow!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 AM   #452
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Can I just tell you???? The snow makes me happy!!! I was walking across the parking lot into work this morning and I was looking at the snow piles from the plowing and thinking......wow, this really makes me happy! I just LOVE snow!
Oh, I know what you mean! It's going to be 72 here today, but the rest of the week will be cold. It will snow in the mountains, but we won't get snow yet. I think that, if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow!!

Old 10-31-2011, 09:16 AM   #453
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
Oh, I know what you mean! It's going to be 72 here today, but the rest of the week will be cold. It will snow in the mountains, but we won't get snow yet. I think that, if it's going to be cold, it might as well snow!!

I concur, CA....iffen it's gonna be cold, there should be some snow on the ground!!!! Yesssiree!!!!

I am having a Virtual Baby Shower for my step-daughter on Thanksgiving day. Her mom and aunt are in Texas and her hubbies mom, sister and stepmom are in California. Laura lives about 1.5 hrs from me and I know that her and hubby will be at my home on Thanksgiving Day. Laura is not supposed to do much long distance traveling due to back spasms that she is having. I can't have the shower on a week night and week days from here to January are full. So, I decided to do a virtual shower. This should prove interesting!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #454
Loves lavender roses

How does a "virtual shower" work?

Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #455
Stazon Splitcoast

I am with CA, never heard of that - how do you do a "virtual shower"?????????
Old 10-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #456
Proud Fan Club Member

Never heard of a virtual shower. Hi all. They are saying we could have sleet and snow in the next 48 hours! I hope the weather man is wrong. Its too early to start all that. It was 56 degrees today. I like the snow more since I don't work out of the house. I don't have to get out in it if I don't want.
Tomorrow night is SU night. I have a lot of fun with the ladies in our group. I always spend too much money. I bought the In Color dp's. I love that paper. Now I'm going to start buying it for the color families. I need a bunch in Cherry Cobbler. That's my favorite SU color since it came out. Well I'll talk to you ladies later.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM   #457
Stazon Splitcoast

ok.....a virtual shower: We will be using SKYPE where we can chat with up to at least 3 people at one time on one laptop. The pc needs to have a webcam, and one must have an account with SKYPE, which is free. We chat with Laura and Casey quite often through SKYPE. Hopefully, this will work. The invitations said we will start the shower at 3:00 pm EST so that the Texas and California peeps can log on accordingly.

I instructed everyone invited to have their gifts to my home by Nov. 23rd, as I don't think anyone wants to actually COME to the shower on Thanksgiving day. I'm hoping that I can have Laura go for a walk or some how have someone guide her out of the house for a few minutes so that we can decorate the rocking chair and have the gifts all around when she comes back into the house.

Does this sound lame?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #458
Stazon Splitcoast

Thats a really cool idea, for family that is all over the states and can't get together easily!!! No, it doesn't sound lame, just smart to do it that way, since no body will be able to come - can you SKYPE it when she is opening their gifts too?
Old 10-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #459
101 Airborne

Lesley - a virtual shower - wow - always something new to try! Sylvia, enjoy your card club - sounds like fun. Ladies - hello all and hugs. I lit candles for everyone of you at Mass on Saturday night - figured everyone could use a little prayer for good measure!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #460
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, bless your heart - you are always ready with prayers for everyone!! Right back at you, Sister!! LYMI - hugs!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #461
Stazon Splitcoast

Kathy, thank you, my sweet, sweet friend!!!

Sue, SKYPE is live, so whoever is on line will get to see her and Casey open the presents. Hopefully, the people in Texas and California will be able to be on, plus my sister in Florida. I sure hope that I can pull this off!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #462
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Les, this sounds like a real blessing - I hope everyone will be able to join in the JOY!!
Prayers that all are on board with you, and make this Thanksgiving a real reason to thank God for His blessings!!

LYMI - hugs!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #463
Loves lavender roses

Time for some Halloween photos. Here's my dgd, Maddie the tiger:
Attached Thumbnails
2011-halloween-4-.jpg   2011-halloween-5-.jpg  

Old 11-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #464
Stazon Splitcoast

What a beautiful little Tiger - and just LOOK at those EYELASHES - she is precious!!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:52 PM   #465
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
Time for some Halloween photos. Here's my dgd, Maddie the tiger:
Aw...Sis, Maddie is huggable! Kiss her for me!
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #466
Proud Fan Club Member

CA Maddie is adorable. Wow look at those beautiful eyes.

Kathy thanks for always lighting a candle and saying a prayer for us each week.

Oh my SU demo made some adorable things tonight. She made the cutest Santa box from the milk carton die. I have been on the fence about buying it but I think I will our next meet. Also that glitter paper they have is the prettiest I have ever seen.

I made my first card in a week today and really enjoyed it. I just haven't been in the mood.

Anyone hear how Tater is?
Old 11-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #467
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile Halloween pics of Daria!

This was Daria at the daycare center for their parade - the last one looks like she is saying - "Do I have to walk the plank, really?" She had a mustache and goatee when she went in, but only a little bit of the mustache is still showing!
Attached Thumbnails
daria-1-half-085.jpg   daria-1-half-089.jpg   daria-1-half-087.jpg  
Old 11-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #468
Loves lavender roses

Daria is the most adorable pirate I've ever seen!!!

Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 AM   #469
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my....how adorable are the wittle wee ones in their costumes! Thanks so much for sharing......they made me smile. So cute!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:26 AM   #470
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, now they are just cute seeing them dressed up - that's before they just wanna go out and "get candy" - right CA???
Old 11-02-2011, 07:36 AM   #471
Loves lavender roses

Right, Greenie!!!! LOL!

Note: I actually wrote this about an hour and a half ago, but I forgot to press "SUBMIT"!!! Doh!

Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #472
Proud Fan Club Member

Greenie that Daria is a doll baby. She looks so cute in her little pirate suit. Enjoy them as much as you can. She'll be grown b4 you know it.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #473
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning my sweet sistahs!! It's Thursday.....one more day until Friday!! Whooo.hoooo!!!! Life is good!

FYI. My friend Steve is about the same.....pain is mostly managable. However, he is not getting somewhat anxious and is paniked about what the future holds (this is from his daughter who posts on CaringBridge for him). I guess as each does goes by, he realizes that his time is coming closer.....this must be scary for him. We will all face this at some point in our lives...I can only imagine what he is feeling and thinking. For Non-believers, it must certainly be all the more frightening! Thanks so much for your continued prayers for him!

Sue, I just borrowed my uplines' snowflake punch and will be trying it out today to do your kalidescope snowflake card. I'm thinking of trying it with Cherry Cobbler. I can't wait to get home from work to play. Stamp club is Nov 15th and I want to get this card down pat before then. Any other suggestion (anyone) for the other card to do for club???? I figured I'd keep it with the Christmas theme.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:58 AM   #474
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I forgot to say........Huggeroonies to you all!!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #475
Loves lavender roses

Punk, I just sent you an email about the Christmas projects. Cya!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:02 AM   #476
Loves lavender roses

BTW, I went to Greenie's gallery and couldn't find the snowflake card. Where is it?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:25 AM   #477
Stazon Splitcoast

It is right here: Keleidescope Snowflake, Stamp a Stack cards, TSC by irishgreensue - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers Isn't it bee-u-ti-ful????? I love it!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #478
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, CA, I did that card a while back at my stamp a stack - Oct 1st - here -
Keleidescope Snowflake, Stamp a Stack cards, TSC by irishgreensue - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Hope things are all good at your house and you are feeling better now. Take it easy and don't overdo, okay, I know Alicia is back to work and you have Maddie, but try to pace yourself so you don't have a relapse!!

Les, glad Steve is holding his own for now - have you gotten over to see him or is he declining visitors still? We are still praying for him to hear the gentle whispers and get to know Jesus- I am sure it is a scary thing for him but would make it so much easier if he knew the Lord.

Love and Prayers to all of you!!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #479
Stazon Splitcoast

PS, Lesley, can't wait to see it in Cherry Cobbler!!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:54 AM   #480
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Thanks! I added it to my favs for future CASEing!!