Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM   #4721
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Thanks, Tate, I will do that. I know I will miss her terribly, and that's why I pray often for you. I know you miss your mama.

Jill, thanks for the prayers. Keep 'em coming!

Yes, Punk, I know. I've been praying for you, too, and for Justin.

Gotta go to Urgent Care for an issue I'm having. I'll let you know what happens. I sure can't go to a hospital right now! Please pray.

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #4722
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh talking about Mama's made me cry. It will be 5 yrs in June that my Mom died and I miss her everyday...truly. Aren't we all blessed that God gave us our Mom's? Why did he choose me for her? I don't know but I'm thankful. I'm sorry its a blue time for you Jill. Tater that longing never goes away and Lesley I know exactly what you mean. What I would give to hear my Mom talk and be able to hug her.

I am trying not to spend as much time online. That's why I haven't been here as much lately.

Nothing going on just everyday life. Man I wish I had your husband's enthusiasm about walking Jill.

I have got to go check out the TSC gallery and comment. Haven't done any commenting for awhile.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #4723
101 Airborne

Ladies,
I've been reading and catching up with everything. CA - keep hugging you Mom! Lesley, keeping your son in my prayers. Tater, you sound busy. Brat - still loving your sense of humor! Greenie, awesome photos - big moment!! Ladies, you all remain in my prayers - and still keeping the candles burning.

The challenge for 0215 (I think it's me) is to make a red/white/black card using pearls (or pearl pens) and some glitter! Easy peasy!

Hugs, K.

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 02-08-2013, 05:52 AM   #4724
Loves lavender roses

What's the challenge for today? I'm going to try to get to it later. I think it's to use an old stamp that hasn't seen ink in a long time or one that's never seen ink, plus embossing. Heat embossing, I think. That's what I remember anyway!!

Old 02-08-2013, 06:42 AM   #4725
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all the congrats for my DGS, Ty on his ring day, and thanks also for keeping his friend, Connor's Dad in your prayers!!

Now, catching up with all the prayer needs here--

Shirt and Pat, praying for you both that all the leftover symptoms of the flu and cough are gone - and you are feeling more like yourselves. We sure miss you here on the bus, but understand when you are not feeling well, you are not up for much of anything! Praying that you will hop on and say hi and let us know how you are doing!!

Hugs and prayers to all who are missing your Moms - my Mom's 3rd anniversary is the end of Feb, and what I wouldn't do to hear her voice and give her a hug again - sounds like that is where a lot of us are right now, so let's just pray for each other and smile, remembering all the great times we had with them.

CA, still praying for DeAnna and hoping she is doing well tolerating the chemo - prayers for you too, with all you are dealing with right now. I don't know how you do what you do with so much on your plate, so I pray for your needs - whatever they are!

Lesley, glad to hear Ryan is coping while looking for a job - hope the Lord puts him on the path of a good one soon, so he is feeling better about himself. Praises that Justin is doing well, and preparing for when he gets to come home - so glad his relationship with God is in a good place ! Also good to hear you are not so stressed with the new system at work - baby steps, right?

Tater, good to hear you are keeping busy, and getting to have a little fun - Joann's sounds like it was a good trip, lunch afterwards and Ladies Game night too. You never stop missing your Mom, and I am glad that you keep going back on the happy thoughts - keeping that love alive in your heart!

Jill, at least you got a card attempted - I did not get there yet, and I sure hope mine does not end up in the trash! So sorry you are having a rough week missing your Mom too - just go with all the happy memories - the ones that make you smile

Silly, I am with you on that - trying not to be online as much so I get other things caught up. Trying to get my house in order, my priorities straight and love on my kids and grandkids whenever I can. Not getting to as many challenges, other than the TPT, and the TSC since other things are calling my name. When I do get to sit and make a card though, I thoroughly enjoy what I do.

Kathy, you never let us be far from your prayers and I thank you for that!! Those candles must be blazing at your church - LOL - bet Father has to keep a fire extinguisher handy whenever you come by. YOu have been really busy with challenges and doing a marvelous job too! Not sure how you have the energy to keep up but you never disappoint!! Bless your heart!

Brat, enjoying your own special brand of humor being back on the bus - bet the latte machine is getting a real workout since your return!

Jan, hope you did not give up - every once in a while, we have days that no one gets on the bus - life keeps us busy and we all have to go with the flow. Hope you are well up there in the frozen North!

Hope I did not forget anyone -
HI to all the occasional riders too - Hugs and Prayers to all!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #4726
Watercolor Wizard

Oh..wow..girls..so much stuff happening.....Mom's are close, hold on to them, cherish the memories, and only hang on to the good ones,...

"The Joy of the Lord is my strength"... is for all of you going through a tough time, with the Mamma's, Kids, Chemo, colds, flu, loneliness, He is our strength and our Joy!!

Just starting my card for today....hope to get it done soon, so I can start on this weeks....whew...so hard to catch up.....but I won't wish for the day to be NOT busy...that would drive me crazy....

Greenie...wow what a handsome grandson...and gramma too by the way!! whoo hoo...such a lovely couple, and beautiful ring!! thanks for sharing!!

Love & Hugs to all......over & out

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #4727
Stazon Splitcoast

Feb. 4th was my niece's birthday. She was killed in a drunk driving accident. I hope my young ones always keep that in mind. In April I will have two tweens - 10 and 12. Let the hormones begin! If only there was a hormone regulating pill for tweens and teens!

My DH turned 41 yesterday. I tease him about not being able to keep up with me! Poor old guy...

I pray for the binding up of all your hearts missing your moms.

Greenie - You have a very handsome grandson; I'll bet he is handsome from within.

CA - What happened? Urgent care - later? Maybe you better call a nurse hotline.

Prayers for your kids CA and Punk and your friend with diabetes Greenie.

Too bad about San Francisco. If the Seahawks would have gone the would have won!!! I wanted a West Coast team to win!!!

Good challenge Kathy. Maybe I'll get a Valentine done.

Hi Jill, Hi Jan!

If I missed anything, I didn't when I read through the posts - I just have CRS - Can't Remember Stuff in the retell dept. Plus the kids are getting hungry. I can't believe I have to feed the AGAIN! They'll just cost me more money when they grow!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #4728
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Brat,

Re:
Greenie - You have a very handsome grandson; I'll bet he is handsome from within.
You have no idea what a special kid he is!! Next time you have an hour or two, I will tell you all about him!! LOL
Old 02-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #4729
Forum Fanatic

Hi everyone, I like to ask for some prayers, Please...

I just got off the phone with my daughter, who told me about one of my granddaughter's classmates who was involved in a bad accident on her way home from school today. When she (my daughter) starting telling me about it. I didn't think I knew the girl
(two classmates were involved) They were hit head on. then when she talked some more about it, I realized that I knew the mother of one of the girls. when I worked at the after school daycare, she worked as a teachers' aide in the room next to me. A really lovely person. I feel so bad for her.. All I know is one of the two girls were taken by helicopter to another hospital and is in ICU. Please pray for these girls. Thank You.
QFTD165
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #4730
Proud Fan Club Member

Brat those kids are like bottomless pits. Oh just wait a little longer and your son will be eating you out of house and home. My son would look in the frig when I was doing supper dishes. I always cooked big meals. It would irritate the daylights out of me and I'd tell him he had to wait till I was done to start again! Oh I wish I could go through those times again.

We went to dinner tonight to a fancy schmancy place. They have fresh seafood flown in everyday. So I had a dinner that was grilled with a lobster tail, shrimp and scallops and it came with grilled veggies and lobster mashed potatoes. The salad looked like something in a magazine. Excellent food. The place was small but beautiful. Lots of atmosphere and jazz playing. I really enjoyed it.

Well Monday I am making some sugar cookies, my grandma's recipe and having them overnighted to my aunt in San Fran. She loves these cookies cuz they were her Mama's I think. Wed is her bd. She'll be surprised. She is my favorite aunt.

Greenie stay out of the snow and please quit chasing those poor guys around who are trying to keep your sidewalks clean. They'll never get done if they have to keep running!!

Hugs sistahs.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #4731
Proud Fan Club Member

Jill your post wasn't here when I started typing mine. I am so sorry about the girls. I will be praying for them as well as all the needs on this bus. God knows them all even if I don't.

Thanks for your prayers for my daughter Jodi. After so long she is feeling much much better. Praise the Lord they finally figured out what was wrong.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #4732
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, sorry to hear about those 2 little girls - will keep them in my prayers, for sure. Can't even imagine how scary it must be for their Mom!

Not out in the snow - too cold, and it is really coming down - would not be running in snow either - too easy to slip and fall on my pretty new knee - not taking THAT chance and having to get it done over - no way!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #4733
Stazon Splitcoast

Finally got into gear and got my TSC done - there are a lot of nice cards for this week's challenge !!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #4734
Loves lavender roses

Has the challenge for TSC0215 been posted yet? Who's up? I know I give it for the 22nd. I don't have the list. I bet Greenie does though!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #4735
Loves lavender roses

OK, I went all the way back to January 19th to find the last challenge list. It's Kathy's turn!!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #4736
Stazon Splitcoast

CA, it is Kathy and she posted it in #4723 -

Here it is!!
The challenge for 0215 is to make a red/white/black card using pearls (or pearl pens) and some glitter! Easy peasy!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #4737
Loves lavender roses

Thanks, Greenie! I knew you'd be on top of things!! I missed it somehow. Sometimes they're hard to find because they are not done in a separate post. That will teach me to read more! LOL!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #4738
Stazon Splitcoast

OH, just checked my Birthday list, and today is Sillyfilly's birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYLVIA, and many more!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #4739
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
OH, just checked my Birthday list, and today is Sillyfilly's birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SYLVIA, and many more!
Thank goodness Greenie keeps her lists!!!

Happy Birthday, Silly!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #4740
Die Cut Diva

Hey Sylvia!!! Happy Birthday Sistah!!!! One day I'll get into the habit of mailing each of my Twisted Ones a card on their birthday but lately I've been redirecting much of my energy to being more active. Wish it would show on the scales. Oh wait, my "Saintly" twin just reminded me that I also have to cut out sweets and snacks!!!!! UUUUUgggggg. Hope your day is special Sylvia.

I just don't understand why these head-on collisions keep happening. I am so sorry to hear of the two girls. Sending prayers up for your daughter and her two friends. Their families must be going through the worst time.

Brat, sorry for the loss of your Niece; how old would she have been on the 4th?

Jan, I'm fixin to go take a look at 0208 posts and make comments too.

Greenie, I just love how you address each person's comment. I cannot remember what everyone says so I just try to respond to what I do remember!!! What's that a sign of???

Shirt and Pat, are y'all bout to get over the crud? I finally stopped coughing!!! Praise the Lord!!! Sending you both healing thoughts.

Love to everyone and thanks for your comments regarding missing Mom; it helps very much.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #4741
Stazon Splitcoast

Sylvia.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SISTAH!!!!!!!!! Oh, your dinner date sounded wonderful for you! Glad you enjoyed it!

Today I will be baking a cake....in your honor, of course. Of course, I will just have to eat it for you too.....BUT, I will be thinking of you with every bite!!!! :P

Today is my brothers birthday too....February is a good month!

Hugs to all!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #4742
Stazon Splitcoast

Um, Lesley,

Re: Today I will be baking a cake....in your honor, of course. Of course, I will just have to eat it for you too.....BUT, I will be thinking of you with every bite!!!! :P

Would be nice if you SHARED, SISSY !!!! Think you can send mine first class mail - in a plastic bag of course!!???
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #4743
Forum Fanatic

Hi Everyone, I want to thank you for your prayers for my grand daughter's classmate. The latest news that I heard is that it was a 3 car pile up, but only one person injured. My daughter's classmate that was air lifted to another hosptial. As of this afternoon, she is listed as being in "critical" conditon. so Please still keep her in your prayers. Thank you. Jill
QFTD165
Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #4744
Forum Fanatic

Sylvia, Happy Birthday! Hope it's a very special day for you!
QFTD165
Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #4745
Forum Fanatic

Just had a peek at the gallery and took time to comment on some of the cards, Really cute, and Greenie you apoligized for your card being late...that's usually my line. I seem to be "late" for everything. Hopefully, I will find time to make a card for this challenge, especially since it seems to be an easy one...considering how many stamps I have that have never seen ink...LOL! I needed to make a masculine card, and it only took me 3 evenings to make one card! Not that I am slow or anything...smile.
QFTD165
Old 02-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #4746
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Um, Lesley,

Re: Today I will be baking a cake....in your honor, of course. Of course, I will just have to eat it for you too.....BUT, I will be thinking of you with every bite!!!! :P

Would be nice if you SHARED, SISSY !!!! Think you can send mine first class mail - in a plastic bag of course!!???
Do you like 7-up cake? Mmm, Mmm, GOOD! I would be happy to make one for you.....and eat it, too, for you!! Bwahahahahhaaa!!! As far as mailing one???? IDK! I hear that Sylvia is mailing cookies to her aunt! Just how do you do that?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #4747
Stazon Splitcoast

Jill, praying for that precious young girl. I know exactly what her parents are going through! Not easy!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #4748
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Sissy, I was just joking about mailing me some cake - A couple years ago, my youngest son - in FLORIDA - said he missed his Mom's butter cookies for Christmas, and I went on a guilt trip and made a batch to mail to him, and even though I packed it very carefully and all, they didn't arrive in such good shape AND it cost me more to MAIL THEM than it cost to MAKE THEM!! So I told him - "You want cookies, come up and visit!" I think butter cookies are too soft and fragile, and that is why they did not travel well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Do you like 7-up cake? Mmm, Mmm, GOOD! I would be happy to make one for you.....and eat it, too, for you!! Bwahahahahhaaa!!! As far as mailing one???? IDK! I hear that Sylvia is mailing cookies to her aunt! Just how do you do that?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #4749
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! Ummm bd cake Lesley. I am going to a place where they will pack the cookies for me but I am putting each one in an individual little packet once they are completely cool. That way they won't stick together. I hope this works. Guess I'll find out.

hugs to everyone
Old 02-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #4750
Stazon Splitcoast

How was tonight's dinner out?? Can't wait to hear!! I just got invited to breakfast at my son and DIL's tomorrow morning!!

Good luck with the cookies - sounds like a good plan!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 AM   #4751
Loves lavender roses

Well, it's 5:40 a.m. and I've been up since 4:00. My heater stopped working again. What do they do? Put in a switch that will last about a year so they can come back EVERY year? It's in the low 20's outside and in the 50's in here. I'm freezing! Pip is UNDER the covers. I know they won't come out to do a repair until tomorrow, so we will have to get all the extra blankets out tonight. This is the pits!

Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #4752
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh CA.....try to stay warm!!! I hope your Mama will be warm enough....50's is toooo cold!!! Oh my.......I really rely on my hot flashes now to keep me warm!!! Heehee!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #4753
Watercolor Wizard

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SILLY!!...belated I think!!

Trying to keep up....got my card done...finally...for last week, and tried to doi it for this week also...incorperated the two together...not sure that worked..I forgot the EF for last firday, and the butterfly...and for this week ..now its in too early...ss girls...i'm too old to multi task cards.....lolol...the brain switches off....

Glad to hear the girls are ok...except for the one...will pray for her!! so tragic....

love & Hugs to all!!

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #4754
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok girls...I need some chatter!!!! This bus is awful quiet!!! Turn up the music and let's roll!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 AM   #4755
Forum Fanatic

Good Morning, Lesley, I was thinking the same thing...I'm here...
Blessings to all, Jill
QFTD165
Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #4756
Forum Fanatic

Lesley, I was wondering if you and Greenie plan on going to the stamp show in April?
QFTD165
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 AM   #4757
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jill!

Yes, we already talked about it - the stamp show in Allentown on April 13th is the day we are going. There is one in Oaks the same weekend, but we are skipping that one - plus I have a club meeting on the 14th, so too much in one weekend! The Allentown show is the better of the two!

Lesley, whassa matter, Sissy?? You working today?? I slept in a little this morning as I did not get to bed till 2 last night working on my MMTPT! Just got on the puter now - sorry you didn't have any company!!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #4758
Forum Fanatic

Hi Greenie, thanks for answering my question. I must have missed that conversation.
I didn't realize that there is one in oaks too. Cherie and Kathi, plan on going, and I will hope a ride with them, not sure what day they will be going.
QFTD165
Old 02-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #4759
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Jill....make it on the 13th so we can see each other again!!!

Greenie....stayin' up till 2??? As in AM???? I am familiar with this time....I see it quite often myself, though I'm not usually in a creative frame of mind! Heehee!!!

I'm working today....just wanting some sister company! Partay!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #4760
Stazon Splitcoast

Hoping your friends are planning on the 13th, Jill - then we can get together again!!

Yes, Lesley, I was trying to get my TPT card finished - it is not uncommon for me to be up till 1 or 2, but sometimes 12 is late enough, depending on my day. I also don't have to get up early since I am retired now - usually between 730 and 830, depending on what time I went to bed!