Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #4641
Stazon Splitcoast

HA! You just don't like the cold wind in your hair! The secret is being steamy, er... steaming the non-fat milk and three shots of espresso!

How is your bionic knee?

I am trying to be on SCS a bit. I need to take baby steps. It was a five month stretch of no card making for me.

Of course, I would pick this week to peek in when the challenge is to make a teen card! I'm going to have to figure out a way to do that without the typical teen stamps...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #4642
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my, Brat Girl, I am wa-aaaay too old to be "steamy", not like you!! If I had 3 shots of espresso, I would be shaking like crazy, since all I drink anymore is decaf!!~!

My bionic knee is really doing good! I take a mile long walk every day, as long as it is not raining, and it is getting stronger all the time, thanks to everyone's prayers!!

If you need help on the teen challenge card, go to google and type in free coloring pages of teens -
you can do it, and you can probably get some good sentiments to go with from your "evil mommy" brain!!

Glad you are back, however slow you have to go - just take it easy!!
HUGS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brat Cards View Post
HA! You just don't like the cold wind in your hair! The secret is being steamy, er... steaming the non-fat milk and three shots of espresso!

How is your bionic knee?

I am trying to be on SCS a bit. I need to take baby steps. It was a five month stretch of no card making for me.

Of course, I would pick this week to peek in when the challenge is to make a teen card! I'm going to have to figure out a way to do that without the typical teen stamps...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #4643
Stazon Splitcoast

Please skip this empty frame. I can't get rid of it and there was a double entry...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #4644
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Greenie, I think we are only as steamy as our brains think we are. Your knee is not even a year old; it's part of your body. Take a deduction for this!

AARP has been stalking me since I turned 50! Since there is no one individual from AARP for me to hunt down and punish for this - I have to put into practice a great psychological defense - DENIAL! They do not exist!

As for the shaking - I can get my nine year old to thread a needle for me!

I have thought of some EVIL MOMMY cards for my kids, but as of April I will have two tweens! Maybe I will make a version of the one I once made my oldest daughter - twenty eight y-old - to tease her! Mwahahahahha!!!

Hugs to you and all the Sistahs!
Old 01-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #4645
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds good to me, Braticus, w'all still have some cheatahs on the bus, every now and then - just do whatever ya hafta do and chalk it all up to a misunderstanding!!

Will your 9 yr old thread some needles for me if I drink a latte with you??

Hugs, Brat Girl!

PS, I have had you, Don and Spencer and Vanessa on my list since forever!!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:02 PM   #4646
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
I can certainly understand that DRIVING THE BUS is more than enough responsibility for you to handle, with all that you have been through this past year, plus being on the DT for Squigglefly and Paper Cupcakes, and now Mark's Finest Papers - I think I would have lost it a long time ago, but you have surely given it everything you had and kept us motivated and moving constantly, making up a new list and keeping track of some of us "delinquents" - LOL Love you, Bus Driver!!

Love that you have been there for all of us doing this and certainly respect your decision if it seems to be too much right now.
THANK YOU AND BLESS YOUR HEART!!

LYMI, Shirt!! twisted hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the record, I still have not lost it.

Thanks.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #4647
Stazon Splitcoast

Ah, Shirt, I KNOW you better than that - you keep it together better'n any of us!!

I said I would have lost it!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #4648
Stazon Splitcoast

Can someone tell me how cards appear after I have done my commenting?? Sometimes when I go to the TSC gallery, there are cards that were not there earlier today and they are from 2 days ago and they get sandwiched in between cards I have already commented on. Is it because they are being added to the TSC gallery as an afterthought??!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #4649
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm not sure, but when I put my first two cards up in the challenge galleries, it took two days for them to appear. I wasn't a member anymore. When they did appear they went into the order of the time frame I originally listed them. So, no one saw them in the challenge galleries.

Maybe they were being held up for approval...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #4650
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirley I hope you will still play in the challenges. I am praying for that sickness. It's probably getting you really down at this point. My husband has had it now for close to three weeks but I don't think his is as bad as yours.

Brat its so good to see you on here. It does my heart good. I missed that sharp mind of yours! I remembered when I put on the bus that Jodi had been diagnosed with Lupus that you had kept her in your prayers and I sure appreciate it. She still needs them.

Today the docs told Jodi she does not have Celiac disease but they think it is some sort of an auto immune disease. They just don't know what yet or shall I say still. She is so sick. She broke down on the phone today. We are supposed to have freezing rain on Sunday, with a lot of icing expected. So I guess I will be going up there when that is past us. We are supposed to get ice tonight too but not much and it will raise above freezing so it should all melt tomorrow.

I had to have a cap put on a tooth. So when I went to the dentist today the cap was lousy and I'm not sure what was wrong but everything had to be done over except the prep on the tooth. I know this, that the poor girl who did all the work is in trouble. My dentist was angry and he tried to hide it. He is really good natured and I have never seen him angry in all the years I have known him. Now the tooth is really sore. I guess from taking the cap off and on plus it was extremely sensitive to the air. Now I have to wait another month for the cap to be remade and get me in.

Now you all want a good laugh?! I decided to take my car to wash it. Its filthy right now. So I went to the car wash and there were several people there. Although the high was 21. No one appeared to be having any trouble with ice. So I pull in and go to get out. I immediately started slipping. I grabbed ahold of the car door and my leg is wanting to go out from under me like I'm doing the splits. It takes everything I have not to fall or do the splits. I pull myself in the car and left! But if you could have seen this fat girl struggling with half my body in the car and the other half out and my leg going sideways. Now tonight my whole thigh is sore! I guess where I pulled the muscle.

Well now that I have written a novel hope I didn't bore everyone to death.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #4651
Stazon Splitcoast

OR MAYBE.....

because you forgot the first rule - to put them in the TSC gallery so WE get to see them first - LOL!! You called me out on that about 2 years ago because you weren't getting to see my cards cause I forgot to put TSC in the keywords!!

Quote:
I'm not sure, but when I put my first two cards up in the challenge galleries, it took two days for them to appear. I wasn't a member anymore. When they did appear they went into the order of the time frame I originally listed them. So, no one saw them in the challenge galleries.

Maybe they were being held up for approval...
Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #4652
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't put my cards in the TSC yet, cuz I have to EARN my way back by doing a TSC challenge. I'm going to make a scarey birthday card for a teenager! Mwahahahahaha!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #4653
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt, you are still going to do the challenges right?? Well, as long as you are feeling okay and Mark's, CCEE, and Squiggle Fly do not keep you too busy!! I love seeing all the new styles you are coming out with on your cards -

Praises going up that Jodi does not have celiac disease, but I sure wish they could figure it out once and for all - prayers still coming for her - she must be so frustrated!

Sylvia, Sorry to hear that your crown did not fit right and the girl did not do her job correctly - I guess your dentist had a right to be upset with her, and now YOU are the one who has to suffer

I can't imagine how embarrassing that was for you to be slipping and sliding all over trying to get back into your car - like you took your life in your hands - LOL, though I am sure it was not funny when it happened, you made it sound funny the way you told the story!

Back to my cards! Hugs and prayers for all of you!
Old 01-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #4654
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey there Sylvia,

I DO NOT miss those MO ice storms - no way! I also don't miss getting crowns - my last one was in August.

I admit the visual of the icecapades DID make me laugh (Brat - remember?); it happened to me once too. Both my feet were going back and forth really fast like one of those cartoons while I held onto the car door frame. I am sorry you are sore. I dented my shin that time and there is still a dent there five years later!

Poor Jodi! I will keep praying. I wonder if you could some interest from Dr. Oz or The Doctors show with the twist of trying to diagnose an unusual set of symptoms... I'm just glad they are not doing that old - if we don't know what it is - it's in your head thing! I HATE that! They did that for years with lupus and fibromyalgia. Sometimes doctors present cases at the University of Washington hospital here to pick all their colleagues brains too. I wonder if Jodi's docs have thought about presenting her case.

Hugs to you! Be careful on the ice! The part where you get hurt is NOT funny.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #4655
Stazon Splitcoast

Pffft! just post all your cards with the TSC in your keywords - it is too hard to look for everyone's gallery - we miss too much!

Looking forward to seeing your scarey Teen's TSC card tomorrow !! Bwahahahahahahahaha! <--my evil laugh!

Quote:
I didn't put my cards in the TSC yet, cuz I have to EARN my way back by doing a TSC challenge. I'm going to make a scarey birthday card for a teenager! Mwahahahahaha!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #4656
Die Cut Diva

shirt! What??? Well, I guess I need to respect your decision to step down but gosh, I am going to miss you doing them. I am so sorry to hear you are STILL dealing with that nasty cough and all. I have gone through two rescue inhalers so far but I do manage to get sleep and not crack a rib. Try a room vaporizer or taking hot as you can stand it showers to breath in the steam. Maybe even a nebulizer? Take good care of yourself.

Prayers going up still for Jodi and DeAnna and her daughter for speedy recoveries. Makes my pittyful head cold seem like nothing.

I also get by when I am having respiratory issues by eating egg drop soup. I make a fairly decent version and I get farm fresh eggs from my Bro-In-Law.

Brat!!! Welcome back Sistah!

Jan, forgot to tell you congrats on your creations on ODB!!!! Awesome to say the least! I don't do but one challenge as I am trying to spend as much of my free time being physically active. But you do such beautiful work that I do enjoy looking!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #4657
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey all!

BRAAAAATTTT!!!! So happy to see you riding along on da bus!!! Missed ya, gal!

Shirt.....I understand your decision. I know it must have been a difficult one to make. I'm sending you hugs, GF.......please feel better soon! Praying for ya!!!

Silly.....that must have been a 'silly' site....slipping and sliding! It's a shame you didn't get it on video to put on America's Funniest Videos so that you could win $10,000.00!!!!

Tater, good news regarding Gunner!!! YAY for y'all! You get better too, ya hear???? 'Nough of this nasty stuff!!!

Greenie, I'm so glad to hear that your knee is getting stronger every day! You'll be ready for the stamping shows come March and April!

On a bit of the sad side, the church that my boys go to, Faith Community Baptist, caught on fire early this morning. It made the channel 6 news. Fire is out now, lots of damage, smoke and water. Please say a prayer for their congregation. Fire marshall suspects an electrical fire as opposed to arson.

Ok.....I need to get back to work. Hugs to you all!!!! LYMI!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #4658
Watercolor Wizard

SS Shirt..... hope that dosen't mean your staying away?? would miss you....

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #4659
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Lesley I'm so sorry about the church burning. That makes you feel like you lost a part of yourself. Sad.

Well the Rhuematologist told Jodi she does have Celiac disease. The doc who told her she did not was the one who did the biopsy. They will have to give her IV iron every 2-3 weeks. They are sending her to a dietician. Sent her home today. She is so weak. She goes to the doc next week for f/u. I don't know if there is more she will need to do or not.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #4660
Stazon Splitcoast

Default TSC0201 Challenge

Hey gals!l Ok......my turn to issue the challenge......

How about we make a card using two shades of blue, a die cut and an embossed bg. K?
Old 01-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #4661
Stazon Splitcoast

Darren called tonight. The church is 'condemned' and boarded up. They will be meeting at a fire hall on Sunday. It is so very sad. Thanks for the prayers.....

Also, Ryan lost his job today. I can't explain...too difficult. I pray that God will open a door for him....he really needs a job to keep him busy and happy. Please add him to your prayer lists.......Thanks!
Old 01-26-2013, 05:33 AM   #4662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Darren called tonight. The church is 'condemned' and boarded up. They will be meeting at a fire hall on Sunday. It is so very sad. Thanks for the prayers.....

Also, Ryan lost his job today. I can't explain...too difficult. I pray that God will open a door for him....he really needs a job to keep him busy and happy. Please add him to your prayer lists.......Thanks!

Sorry to hear that Lesley, will pray for another to come his way.

I hope that they will be able to redo the church. I am always sad to hear of church fires or when a church closes.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-26-2013, 05:34 AM   #4663

If there is anyone who is interested in doing the challenge schedule, please send me an email and let me know.

Thanks and have a great day.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #4664

Default Announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
If there is anyone who is interested in doing the challenge schedule, please send me an email and let me know.

Thanks and have a great day.

Gals, Welcome the new challenge scheduler.
Lesley has offered to take over the challenge schedule so the bus riders can stay on track with the challenges. Thank you, Lesley, for taking this over, I know you will make it fun and do a good job. You may schedule the way we have been or make the changes we discussed, which ever works best for you.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #4665
Forum Fanatic

Hello everyone, from cold, snowy, PA...(right, Lesley, and Greenie) I don't like the cold weather but It was a good day for making cards. (While wrapped in an afghan to keep warm) Lesley so sorry to hear about the news about the church, so sad. And I will pray for Ryan that he finds another job.
Greenie, so glad to hear that you are getting around so well, and walking a mile a day. My husband is still walking in this cold weather. Would you believe, since Christmas, He has logged over 65 miles on the pedometer that I bought him for His Christmas gift. He has also lost 19 pounds...Does Jill walk with him? NO...but I should, I told him if he goes to our local mall to walk, I might go with him.
Still praying for all the daughters, DeAnna, and Jodi, please add mine to your list...Not sure what is wrong, I just know that one of her recent tests came back abnormal, and she has to go for more tests.
Hope everyone has a great weekend...God Bless, Jill
QFTD165
Old 01-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #4666
Stazon Splitcoast

Goodness, I am missing a short time to go scrap booking and lots of things happening here that I missed being gone for the day!!

Lesley, so sorry to hear about the church fire closing the church and forcing them to meet elsewhere - how sad to be uprooted like that!! Hope they have insurance that will allow them to rebuild it again. Prayers for their congregation!! Also prayers for Ryan to find a new job that will make him feel useful and good again - he has had such a time of it, and I have never stopped praying for your son(s)

Silly, sorry to hear of Jodi's celiac disease - I don't know much about it but I will google it and learn so I know what to pray for! Hopefully sending her to a dietician will be to her benefit and they will be able to help her feel better again!

Lesley, thanks for taking on the job of challenge scheduler - it 's a big job and the shoes will be HARD TO FILL, but I know you will give it your best effort and make it fun too.

Shirt, I am already missing your joking and sarcasm related to the challenge list, but at least you are still the Bus Driver with the cool Helmet and the shiny Halo - I know CA doesn't want to lose her job as Chief Polisher!! Your cards for the DTs you are on have been the BOMB, Sis, and to Tater's delight, not too much P##K - love the new vintage look you are doing, trying to take notes too!

Les, also thanks for a cool challenge for next Friday! sounds interesting!! and I love blue - can we use another color with it??

Jill, I have been making a lot of cards staying inside too, but my walk is a definite part of my day (except yesterday) I just hope I am as lucky as your DH and lose some weight too, now that I am up and moving again!! You do lose more weight walking in the cold though (your body has to work harder to stay warm, therefore you burn more calories!! I HOPE!!)

CA, Still praying for DeAnna too, hoping she is still ON for the chemo this week and Emily did not give her any flu germs - I bet Greg had his hands full keeping the kids all apart so no one else got sick!!

Tater, so glad to hear Gunner is going to be retiring soon - will give you guys a chance to do a little "traveling" too - how fun - something John and I had planned to do (see the USA ..in your Chev-ro-let..... <---insert my melodious voice here singing for your listening pleasure- wow, really dated myself with that one, huh?)
Hope you get a chance to see it ALL!

Brat Girl - it is so good to see you back here - I have been practicing - in my head - how to prepare a good latte for you - missed you and happy you are back, praying all is well!!!

Sorry if I missed anything else important - Just skimmed this last page, Trying to get caught up - Jan, Kathy, and Pat - also Kush, Nancy, Wendy and any other 'sometime' riders - keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to everyone of you!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #4667
Watercolor Wizard

Oh SS about your church burning....that is sad.....

Thanks Tater for the comment about my cards...

sorry about Jodi...we have 3 people in our church with Celiac...and we are a small congregation...I think its on the rise...with all the garbage thats in our food now a days....

so good to skim through all the comments...then I can't remember what I read so I can comment back.....ooops on that....but still praying for you all especially DeAnna, & Jodi....

Oh....I never though ever to ask....how much is the bus fare when we ride?? I think I'm running up quite a bill....lolol

love & Hugs and prayers!!

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 01-28-2013, 04:16 AM   #4668
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Lots going on here. I'm praying you all up! Greenie is now our own Dinah Shore! Lesley is our new challenge leader. Sorry to hear about the church burning and Ryan's job loss. I saw Brat Girl was on da bus, too! I miss you all. Things will be settling down around here, so I might even make a card! I have an assignment given to me by a good friend. I have to make four cards using Zoo Review set. I'm the new Secret Angel for our church Secret Sister Ministry, and I had the Secret Sister brunch here on Saturday. 22 ladies came. I'm still putting away stuff and have tons of laundry to do today. I got a toddler bed for the boys new room and the bunk bed is on the way. DeAnna is due to have chemo starting today. This will be a tough week for her. Thanks for all your prayers. LYMI

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #4669
Watercolor Wizard

Will keep DiAnna up in prayer....sometimes words are hard to find when someone is going through a hard time...but want you to know I am here along with the rest of the Sistahs...giving all the support we can...love & Hugs CA!

My Blog
Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #4670
Stazon Splitcoast

CA...Did Deanna get to start the chemo?

I'm exhausted....no sleep last night...couldn't quite figure out why I HAD to be awake...sleepy, but sleep wouldn't envelope me like I wanted it to! (Sigh). So, today at 3:00, I'm sleepy and could just lay my head right down and snooze! BUT, since my work frowns upon sleeping at your desk, I guess I should try to stay awake. I'm sure once I go outside to the parking lot, the cold air will freshen me up..at least for the ride home! THEN, I can snooze for a bit. Heehee!!!! Oh, I do hear my pillow calling me.....
Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #4671
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
CA...Did Deanna get to start the chemo?

I'm exhausted....no sleep last night...couldn't quite figure out why I HAD to be awake...sleepy, but sleep wouldn't envelope me like I wanted it to! (Sigh). So, today at 3:00, I'm sleepy and could just lay my head right down and snooze! BUT, since my work frowns upon sleeping at your desk, I guess I should try to stay awake. I'm sure once I go outside to the parking lot, the cold air will freshen me up..at least for the ride home! THEN, I can snooze for a bit. Heehee!!!! Oh, I do hear my pillow calling me.....
DeAnna started chemo yesterday. Today, she says she's SO tired and she looks like she's sunburned. I just said, "Let's just say you're in the PINK!" I hope I cheered her up a bit. I wish I could help her. I just pray.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 PM   #4672
Stazon Splitcoast

I am so sorry to see all the illnesses the Sistah's and families have been enduring. I have been praying.

Hi Silly - It is a good praise report that Jodi has been diagnosed! That is an answer to prayer! Now she can be treated correctly. With Celiac Disease the intestines get so damaged that nutrients are not absorbed including iron. So they are on that. AND with the proper diet hopefully she can start the healing process.

Hi Kathy!!!

Greenie - So happy to hear you are so feisty! Keep walking! I'm doing the treadmill six days a week for 45-55 minutes. I put my Kindle on big print and read while I am walking. That way the times goes by a lot faster. Plus, I don't have to carry a flashlight and wear a wet suit with the weather around here. I can issue proclamations from the treadmill too! Mwahahahaha! Do your homework! Did you brush your teeth? Please give Bubba some water! The down side is that it make me sweat! Eewwwww!

Hi Tater! Hi Shirt! I sure hope you two are getting better!

Hi CA! I pray the chemo does just what it should. It sounds like you have new foster kids? It also looks like you have been gimped up. I hope you are better.

Hi new gals-freshmen! Ha Ha! Jill, if you go walking in the mall you could add weight lifting to your routine! I wonder how much a shopping bag of Eddie Bauer clothes or some cute new boots would weigh? Shopping could then be medicinal!

Punk, Leslie I pray God will make beauty from ashes for the church and it's body. I pray Ryan gets just the right job too.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #4673

Today I received sad news from the UK. Christina aka 4815162342 passed a way today. I lost a very dear friend. She was diagnosed months ago with breast cancer. It quickly spread to her lungs. Some of you newbies may not know her, but she was a regular bus rider for a while. I will so miss her and her wonderful sense of humor. I have placed a black wreath on the bus door.

Praying for all of you and the needs here.

Hoping that Deanna has tolerated her chemo well and that Jodi is gaining some strength with her doctors having some answers for her. For Ryan to get a job and for Justin to be home soon. Praying for others who are in need and have asked for special prayers to be sent their way.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #4674
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Shirt! I can't believe it about Christina! Thank u so much for letting us know!! Does she have a hubby or family I can send a card to?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #4675
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirley, thanks so much for letting us know about Christina - it is so hard to believe she is gone, being so full of life and her own brand of "mischief" as she called it.

This is so sad and we, who were blessed enough to know her, will miss her loving spirit and wonderfully crazy sense of humor. Do you think it would be okay to send a card to her DH, Ian and family?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #4676

Quote:
Oh Shirt! I can't believe it about Christina! Thank u so much for letting us know!! Does she have a hubby or family I can send a card to?
She has a husband, Ian and two adult sons who do not live at home now.

I am sure he would appreciate a card.

Thanks.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #4677
Loves lavender roses

I'm sorry to hear about Christina. I'm praying for her family. She's certainly missed.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #4678
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
I am so sorry to see all the illnesses the Sistah's and families have been enduring. I have been praying.

Hi Silly - It is a good praise report that Jodi has been diagnosed! That is an answer to prayer! Now she can be treated correctly. With Celiac Disease the intestines get so damaged that nutrients are not absorbed including iron. So they are on that. AND with the proper diet hopefully she can start the healing process.

Hi Kathy!!!

Greenie - So happy to hear you are so feisty! Keep walking! I'm doing the treadmill six days a week for 45-55 minutes. I put my Kindle on big print and read while I am walking. That way the times goes by a lot faster. Plus, I don't have to carry a flashlight and wear a wet suit with the weather around here. I can issue proclamations from the treadmill too! Mwahahahaha! Do your homework! Did you brush your teeth? Please give Bubba some water! The down side is that it make me sweat! Eewwwww!

Hi Tater! Hi Shirt! I sure hope you two are getting better!

Hi CA! I pray the chemo does just what it should. It sounds like you have new foster kids? It also looks like you have been gimped up. I hope you are better.

Hi new gals-freshmen! Ha Ha! Jill, if you go walking in the mall you could add weight lifting to your routine! I wonder how much a shopping bag of Eddie Bauer clothes or some cute new boots would weigh? Shopping could then be medicinal!

Punk, Leslie I pray God will make beauty from ashes for the church and it's body. I pray Ryan gets just the right job too.
Thank you. I hope the chemo does what it should, too. Yes, I have one foster child right now, but I'm giving up my craft room to make it another bedroom. I have a bunk bed coming and I have a toddler bed in there. I will have more kids here one way or another. You can't imagine the need for foster parents. As far as being gimped up goes, I had surgery on my hand in October, and it's still coming around. Doc says it takes about 6 months to get back to "normal". I'm trying. Will I ever be "normal"????

Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 PM   #4679
Stazon Splitcoast

So, CA, do you think it might be worth hand surgery for me to be normal??? Nah!

I hope you heal fast!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:49 PM   #4680
Stazon Splitcoast

I am very sorry to hear about Christina! She was fun and very talented! I pray she is with our Father. I pray for those she left behind. Yes, SO sad...