Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #4561
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my word, I better not complain with the weather we have had - it might be raining but it is at least around 40 degrees - Your Eddie would turn into an icicle!!

And no, I don't think there is a thing such as stress-free!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #4562
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

I took pics of my craft room BEFORE the big clean up. I can put a lot of stuff in my room and in my closet. When I do get around to making cards, it will have to be on the dining room table. The boys will move into the craft room because it's bigger. That leaves the little bedroom available for another one or two. I think I might be getting Mr. H's siblings who are 5 and 2, girl and boy. I've already talked to the licensing worker. She will have to see the room when it's ready. She told me that "J" is back in care which breaks my heart. They wanted to place him back with me, but I have Mr. "H" right now. Yikes, there's such a great need for foster homes!!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 01-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #4563
Loves lavender roses

Oh, Greenie! 40 degrees??? What's it like? LOL!! We should get up to mid to high 30's later on in the week. Maybe we can get a tan...ya think???!!! LOL!

Old 01-14-2013, 07:25 PM   #4564
Stazon Splitcoast

There has to be a special place in heaven for foster parents who already have a full plate and take these poor kids!! Bless your heart!

Don't think we can get a tan from the clouds we have but at least it is not too cold for me to go out and walk to keep my knee limber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
I took pics of my craft room BEFORE the big clean up. I can put a lot of stuff in my room and in my closet. When I do get around to making cards, it will have to be on the dining room table. The boys will move into the craft room because it's bigger. That leaves the little bedroom available for another one or two. I think I might be getting Mr. H's siblings who are 5 and 2, girl and boy. I've already talked to the licensing worker. She will have to see the room when it's ready. She told me that "J" is back in care which breaks my heart. They wanted to place him back with me, but I have Mr. "H" right now. Yikes, there's such a great need for foster homes!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:41 PM   #4565
Loves lavender roses

Well, Greenie, you just limber that timber!!! Good for you! I wish I had your stick-to-it-ness!!! The only walking I've been able to do is around the house and at the stores!! I do need to get back to working on ME though. Gotta get back to cleaning up the craft table. It's a start, you know! LOL!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #4566
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Well, I am back among the living, I think. Been really sick with a horrible cold, even with shot and meds, it is still hanging on. Thanks, Sue, Silly, Kathy and Pat for always being there to check on me and care how I am. That is so appreciated.

I have missed so much, but I did catch up a little tonight.

You all try to keep warm in this chilly weather we are having. Maybe it will atleast kill the germs that have been making everyone sick.

Kathy, I hope you are feeling better soon. That cough is terrible.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #4567
Loves lavender roses

Oh, lovely driver! So glad you're feeling better and have joined the living!! So sorry you were so sick!!! I had a cold over New Year's weekend and STILL have that cough! That's what always seems to hang on. I will pray you get completely back to yourself very soon!! LYMI!!!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:02 AM   #4568
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, my Sistahs, Jan may not be on the ODBD design team anymore, but they are still recognizing her wonderful work - see here:
Our Daily Bread designs Blog: ODBDSLC138 Border It

Way to go, Jan, see how when the pressure is off, how much fun you have ? Love this gorgeous BD card!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #4569
Stazon Splitcoast

Great card, Jan!!! Congrats!!!

Can I just say......ex hubby's are.........words just fail me! Grrrrr!!! LOL! Dana and his wife Beth are driving me crazy about Justin. I guess they feel slighted because Justin calls me more than he does them. You gotta understand that they HAVE to make everything DRAMATIC and they can't seem to stick to a plan. Drives me NUTS! AND, they come first, the heck with everyone else! I just gotta SMH!!! LOL! Sorry! Just had to vent!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL! I feel better now! Thanks for listening! Hee.ee!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #4570
Stazon Splitcoast

Lesley, Honey - you vent all you want - that is why we are here together on the bus - to listen and to pray for each other, or to vent so others listen and pray!! You are the one who made Justin feel loved and cared about through all this, so BE A DUCK, and just let it all roll off your back!!!
Lymi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Great card, Jan!!! Congrats!!!

Can I just say......ex hubby's are.........words just fail me! Grrrrr!!! LOL! Dana and his wife Beth are driving me crazy about Justin. I guess they feel slighted because Justin calls me more than he does them. You gotta understand that they HAVE to make everything DRAMATIC and they can't seem to stick to a plan. Drives me NUTS! AND, they come first, the heck with everyone else! I just gotta SMH!!! LOL! Sorry! Just had to vent!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL! I feel better now! Thanks for listening! Hee.ee!
Old 01-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #4571
Stazon Splitcoast

Quack....Quack....Quack......LOL!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #4572
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Quack....Quack....Quack......LOL!
Atta girl!!! ROFLMBO ! You are too funny!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #4573
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey gals!

I have a prayer request. Robyn, a co-worker of mine, has a nephew who just turned 18 in December. He has had health issues since birth and has been wheelchair bound since then. He was just in the hospital for a collapsed lung in December, in ICU, and at one point when his mom went home to shower and change, she returned to Tad's hospital room to find all of the staff surrounding his bed. He had taken a turn for the worse and the staff was trying to figure out why. Mom (her name is Bev, and an ICU nurse herself) noticed that Tad was getting an antibiotic that he was allergic to and he was going into prophylatic shock! After much disccussion, she talked the insurance company to allow her to make an ICU room in her home to take care of Tad. She has 20 hour a day ICU nursing care plus herself. Tad does not seem to be getting any better and Robyn asked me to put Tad on a prayer chain. You gals are the best prayer warriors that I know! I ask that you lift Bev, Tad, their family and Robyn up to Our Father....the great Healer. I know they would appreciate it.....me too! Thanks so much! I will keep you posted on Tad's progress.

Hugs all around!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 AM   #4574
Stazon Splitcoast

On it right away, dear Sistah!!
Quote:
Hey gals!

I have a prayer request. Robyn, a co-worker of mine, has a nephew who just turned 18 in December. He has had health issues since birth and has been wheelchair bound since then. He was just in the hospital for a collapsed lung in December, in ICU, and at one point when his mom went home to shower and change, she returned to Tad's hospital room to find all of the staff surrounding his bed. He had taken a turn for the worse and the staff was trying to figure out why. Mom (her name is Bev, and an ICU nurse herself) noticed that Tad was getting an antibiotic that he was allergic to and he was going into prophylatic shock! After much disccussion, she talked the insurance company to allow her to make an ICU room in her home to take care of Tad. She has 20 hour a day ICU nursing care plus herself. Tad does not seem to be getting any better and Robyn asked me to put Tad on a prayer chain. You gals are the best prayer warriors that I know! I ask that you lift Bev, Tad, their family and Robyn up to Our Father....the great Healer. I know they would appreciate it.....me too! Thanks so much! I will keep you posted on Tad's progress.

Hugs all around!!!
Old 01-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #4575
Stazon Splitcoast

Whoops...I meant anaphyphatic shock.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:34 AM   #4576
Die Cut Diva

Howdy Sistahs! Sorry you haven't heard from me but I've been sick. Yup, got the crud. Don't believe it is the flue as no fever but my head feels like a medicine ball!!! I have drank enough hot tea to float a battle ship! But it does help open the head a bit. I no longer sound like a bull frog but haven't done my hair in so long, I may look like one! Funny how life turns out; when I gave this week's challenge, I said do a get well card. Who'd a thunk it. I've been so out of sorts that I haven't had time to make one but I'm headed that way now. Hope my nose doesn't start dripping again. This darn cough is aweful.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #4577
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, so,since YOU got sick, now you would like us to finish our cards and drop them in the mail to you - that's do-able!! will keep you in pur prayers to be done with that awful cold and cough and back to your sweet Texan self!!

PS - nobody can see your hair, unless they installed some kinda thing to show video of the Bus riders - I think Shirt been way too busy to do that, so y'all are safe for now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Howdy Sistahs! Sorry you haven't heard from me but I've been sick. Yup, got the crud. Don't believe it is the flue as no fever but my head feels like a medicine ball!!! I have drank enough hot tea to float a battle ship! But it does help open the head a bit. I no longer sound like a bull frog but haven't done my hair in so long, I may look like one! Funny how life turns out; when I gave this week's challenge, I said do a get well card. Who'd a thunk it. I've been so out of sorts that I haven't had time to make one but I'm headed that way now. Hope my nose doesn't start dripping again. This darn cough is aweful.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #4578
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Tater Tot....I'm praying for ya to feel better! So sorry to hear you are under the weather!!! Get better real quick, sistah!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #4579
Proud Fan Club Member

Lesley your friends are in my prayers and I am going to pass this along to have others join in on the prayers.

Shirley I am so glad you are feeling better. Sounds like Kathy and Tater are sick too. Are you better yet Pat? I can't shake whatever this is I have. Its all in my chest now. Its like a cold on steroids but no sinus infection. Just the creeping crud I think.

Well we are to have a couple of days in the high 40's then turning really cold again. Like down to 1 degree with a high in the low teens Sunday they are saying. Yuck. No wonder so many people are sick.

I am so sick of cooking the same old things. Anyone have something they cook that you really like thats easy? Easy being the key word! My husband is a meat and potatoes man. He does like pasta. I think I'm sick of my own cooking but yet I don't really enjoy eating out much either. I wish I could just make my appetite match those feelings! I could eat a form of soup everyday during this weather but Jerry wants meals. I make the Zuppa Tuscano soup like they make at the Olive Garden. Oh its so good. I think I am going to make a pot of that tomorrow to have around for lunch the next couple of days.

Well off to bed. Everyone have a good weekend. Tater there is no pink on my card for your challenge! Thats a biggie for me.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #4580
Watercolor Wizard

oh Hi girls...been busy the last few days...about 2...and wow i missed so much on the bus.....But I scrolled through, and alled all prayer request down...am praying for ya'll....I didn't get a get well card done this week...cause my neighbours had ordered 6 cards...and I had to get them done by last night..(thursday) whew...met the dead line...

I had to comment on greenies leg...its not wood....but what a steel one? if it were wood...it would swell in the rain...if its steel watch for lightning...if plastic?...well not sure there...maybe watch for heat...lolol

love & Hugs to all.....

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #4581
Loves lavender roses

Hi riders! I've just got a minute. I'm STILL moving stuff out of my craft room. Some of it will go into my closet, but I had to pack all the movies first. Yikes, we have a lot of VHS movies!! LOL! I have to go get Mr. "H" from school and take him to CPS for a phone visit with his dad. Then, we have lots of errands in Reno. Eddie turned 18 yesterday, and we are celebrating with ribs, baked potatoes and salad tomorrow. His girl friend is coming over in the morning to help me make an ice cream cake. I'm missing being on here like I used to. I'm keep you all in my prayers though. LYMI

Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM   #4582
Watercolor Wizard

Awwwww CA...My heart goes out to ya girl......first of all giving up your craft room, which we do what we have too,...

second about the VHS...we have the same problem...and our old player broke...so unless we can find an old one, only other option is to transfer them over to DVD...I heard it can be done...but one has to have a VHS player...

and Third....Yum supper sounds so good...I'll go fire up that jet of mine and be right down!!...lol

praying for ya....

hugs

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 01-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #4583
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, Sistahs, sorry I did not post this earlier! SHIRT - we are ready for a new list next week - I am the last one!

For the TSC0125, please make a birthday card for a teen - either boy or girl - and you must have 3 different shapes for your layers
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #4584
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
OK, Sistahs, sorry I did not post this earlier! SHIRT - we are ready for a new list next week - I am the last one!

For the TSC0125, please make a birthday card for a teen - either boy or girl - and you must have 3 different shapes for your layers
Wow! You're tough! LOL! 3 different shapes for the layers? Yikes!! LOL!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #4585
Stazon Splitcoast

Nah,CA, that isn't hard like what you do in real life!!- like a circle, rectangle and a square? - or how about a heart, a hexagon and a trapezoid? Or a circle, a heart and a turtle - c'mon - use your imagination - anything you put on a card is a shape - even a bicycle, or a kite, or a tree - then just put something behind them - they don't have to be on top of each other all the way - just overlap them a little!!

THAT'S why its called a CHALLENGE!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 PM   #4586
Loves lavender roses

DeAnna bought me a shirt years ago that says, "Mom...one tough cookie" and it has an applique of a chocolate chip cookie on it. Well, like mother, like daughter, I guess. They have put off chemo again...January 28th is the date now. It's because she still has a drain in! Guess what, she took her kids and drove all night with a friend and her daughter to....guess where! Disneyland!!!! She ran the Tinkerbell 5K WITH that drain in!!! Thanks for the prayers; God has REALLY given her strength that I can't even believe!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #4587
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Nah,CA, that isn't hard like what you do in real life!!- like a circle, rectangle and a square? - or how about a heart, a hexagon and a trapezoid? Or a circle, a heart and a turtle - c'mon - use your imagination - anything you put on a card is a shape - even a bicycle, or a kite, or a tree - then just put something behind them - they don't have to be on top of each other all the way - just overlap them a little!!

THAT'S why its called a CHALLENGE!!
LOL! You really DO crack me up!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #4588
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my gosh, that girl of yours is something else - and I know where she gets her determination from, watching all that you do!! - SO GLAD she went to Disney with the kids - but running a 5K - unbelievable!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #4589
Stazon Splitcoast

I pray for that DD of yours all the time - she has an unlimited amount of courage and determination, bless her heart!! You raised an awesome Daughter!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #4590
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Awwwww CA...My heart goes out to ya girl......first of all giving up your craft room, which we do what we have too,...

second about the VHS...we have the same problem...and our old player broke...so unless we can find an old one, only other option is to transfer them over to DVD...I heard it can be done...but one has to have a VHS player...

and Third....Yum supper sounds so good...I'll go fire up that jet of mine and be right down!!...lol

praying for ya....

hugs
Yeah, you get on over here! You're invited!!! Those ribs are calling you!!!!

Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #4591
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
I pray for that DD of yours all the time - she has an unlimited amount of courage and determination, bless her heart!! You raised an awesome Daughter!
Awww, thank you so much, Greenie! Those prayers are doing wonders; that's why she's able to do what she does!!!

Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 AM   #4592
Loves lavender roses

I think the Tinkerbell 5K is today. Here's a photo of DeAnna and Emily getting ready to run!!!
Attached Thumbnails
deanna-emily-before-5k.jpg  

Old 01-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #4593
Stazon Splitcoast

AWESOME!
Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 AM   #4594
Loves lavender roses

Here's the other two kids (Andrew and Abigail) going to cheer on Mom and Emily. Greg says these two just saw 5:30 a.m. for the first time ever!! LOL!
Attached Thumbnails
andrew-abby-up-early-cheer-mom-emily.jpg  

Old 01-19-2013, 06:05 AM   #4595
Loves lavender roses

Here's another pic of DeAnna and Emily's cheerleaders at Disneyland before the Tinkerbell 5K. I'm so glad Greg is taking photos!!
Attached Thumbnails
disneyland-before-tinkerbell-5k.jpg  

Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #4596
Loves lavender roses

OK, one last photo! Greg calls this, "Photo Finish". He said, "Notice the drain in DeAnna's right hand." Yeah, one tough cookie!!! I love the fairy wings they wore!! I also love the sign that Abby's holding that says, "Use Pixie Dust"!! I'm so proud!!
Attached Thumbnails
photo-finish-tinkerbell-5k.jpg  

Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #4597
Stazon Splitcoast

OH MY GOSH - these are all so precious, CA!! You have a huge right to be so proud of DeAnna and her family!! HUGS!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #4598
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Default February challenge list

Febuary

1st - Lesley

8th - Shirt

15th - Kathy

22nd - CA

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 01-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #4599
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

*Love* the photos CA. Hugs and prayers to all of you. Still praying. LYMI
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 01-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #4600
Watercolor Wizard

Wow CA...good for DeAnna....and awesome pics ...is she the one holding the cup?
and such cute kids..wow!! will keep praying....
love & Hugs

and greenie...I've watching for ya hun....no sign yet...guess it will take awhile for you to get here....you probably stopped to shop by now......lol

and 3 diff shapes on de teen card.....should be easy peasy...teens like wierd things.....lol

My Blog