Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #4281
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

CA, how great to see DeAnna! Praying her treatments and recovery flow without any hiccups. Lesley, wonderful to know you got to see your boy!!! I know it did his heart good too. And Shirt is home in her own bed....lots to praise here!

Our days are going quickly, and lil Audrey is already a week old today, and still beautiful! Jonny is in love with his sissy, and so tender with her, it is precious to see. He kisses her lil soft hair and rubs his cheek on her. Tender times for my heart.

Will keep you all in my prayers and try to catch up on your work once I get home.
Lymi.....
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:56 PM   #4282
Forum Fanatic

Oh Thanks for the beautiful report Pat...So glad your enjoying that new lil GD, and that Jon is so enjoying his new lil sister!!

Sure missing you...will be glad when your back.....and I suppose your having withdrawl symptoms??

Hugs to all here...

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 11-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #4283
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

I'm praying... Here's DeAnna's latest message which she sent to me from her Ipod on her way home from UCSF last night:

Went to oncologist....I get two types of chemo and Herceptin (a medicine to prevent the aggressive tumor returning). The chemo is three hours every three weeks with blood tests and a shot in between. My hair will fall out, I will be tired, I will have bone and joint pain and I will be nauseated. I cannot be around anyone who is sick or if they came from being around sick people, they would need to wash and change. Next week I will get a CT scan, a bone scan, blood work, and an IV port surgically put in my chest for the chemo IV to be inserted each time. I will get the first chemo in two weeks. It is going to be rough. I can't be in crowds or travel. Not much of a Christmas this year. I get Chemo that week and will be ill. Maybe you can come Dec 1 weekend and we can have our Christmas early???

I will be going to CA on Dec. 1st.

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 11-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #4284
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sister, many prayers for DeAnna to endure this aggressive treatment, and praise that there are options to keep your sweet DD on this earth. (((Hugs)))
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 AM   #4285
Die Cut Diva

Hello Sistahs. I am sorting through more of Mom's things and just felt compelled to stop and post a note telling y'all how thankful I am for all of you. I grieve so for Mom but try to be strong like she taught us to be and make her proud. Thank you all for taking time out of your busy days to send those beautiful cards filled with love and prayers for me and my family. They are much appreciated. I love reading about all y'alls causes for celebrations. New little miss Aubrey, DeAnna's successful surgery, Tig's recovery, and Greenie's too! Life goes on doesn't it. Please know that I miss y'all something fierce but will have little time to post cards or anything until such time as we are able to close on the sell of the ranch. Mom passed away the day before we were to close and my POA is no longer in effect. We are currently having Mom's will probated and once that is completed, we will be able to go to closing. We are all doing well as Mom would want for us. We will be having Thanksgiving at my Brother's home and everyone will be together. No services for Mom yet; we've not decided where her ashes will be placed. I think Brother is having a hard time letting her go but truly, there is no rush so I am giving him all the time he needs. In thinking of things for which to be thankful, I must acknowledge all the loving friends in our lives that have donated to the Susan G Kolman or AMerican Cancer Society in my Mom's memory, brought food, flowers, plants, and spent time holding hands, bringing boxes of kleenex, mowed the front 40, fed the cows, delivered hey, watered in the green house, and the list just goes on and on. WE are blessed more than we realized and for this, we thank God. Wishing each of you a very blessed Thanksgiving with all my love, Phyllis (AKA Tater)
Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #4286
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
I'm praying... Here's DeAnna's latest message which she sent to me from her Ipod on her way home from UCSF last night:

Went to oncologist....I get two types of chemo and Herceptin (a medicine to prevent the aggressive tumor returning). The chemo is three hours every three weeks with blood tests and a shot in between. My hair will fall out, I will be tired, I will have bone and joint pain and I will be nauseated. I cannot be around anyone who is sick or if they came from being around sick people, they would need to wash and change. Next week I will get a CT scan, a bone scan, blood work, and an IV port surgically put in my chest for the chemo IV to be inserted each time. I will get the first chemo in two weeks. It is going to be rough. I can't be in crowds or travel. Not much of a Christmas this year. I get Chemo that week and will be ill. Maybe you can come Dec 1 weekend and we can have our Christmas early???

I will be going to CA on Dec. 1st.
CA, sorry to hear that Deanna is going to go through so much. This is the very same things I was told. I worked in a hospital in ER. I took a leave of absence, but found I did not get sick being around people and went back to work two months before I finished chemo with no problems. I am hoping this is the case for Deanna. I had to have 3 types of chemo and the Herceptin was one of them, also. I did chemo 3 consecutive days a month. The sickness was worse for me the first month and each month seemed to get a little better. We will all be hoping and praying that she does better than expected through this. It won't be easy for her. I am glad you are able to go to visit with her. That will be comforting to her. Prayers going out to her momma, too. It is hard to see your child having to face this.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 AM   #4287
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgivng while I have a chance.

DH has had to go to physical therapy everyday this week and I have to do it with him at home 2 to 3 times a day. Therapy will be closed now until MOnday so I have to do more therapy than normal with him, it takes a huge bite out of my day. He has a low pain tolerance and therapy is not working so well. There is not much that can be done for the next 4 weeks. All therapy is passive, he is not able to move the shoulder joint himself, yet.

Trying to get things for tomorrow's dinner done a little at a time so I don't get over loaded tomorrow. We are having the meal in the evening. My daughter is coming over tonight to help me with some things.

Haven't had a chance to read all that is going on here. Hang in there, Tate, I know it is a heartbreaking time for you.

Little Audrey looks like her momma, I think.

Off to get ready to take my man to therapy.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team, Speedy Fox and Friends and Classy Cards N Such.

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #4288
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh boy.....prayers are going up all around!

I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I will be thinking of you all. Even though there is hardship and pain right now for some of us, Praise the Lord that we do have a lot to be thankful for. One being each other! I don't know what I would do without you all!!!!! LYMI!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #4289
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sweet, sweet Tater... how my heart hurts for you and your family. Every time a mama goes to heaven, my heart breaks all over again, remembering just how it feels to say goodbye. I pray for you each day, and know the Father will fill the voids left with His goodness and mercy. He has blessed me over and over with all the beautiful memories that made my mom so sweet. It is so hard for me to hold my treasured grand children and think of what she missed in never knowing these precious babies. I know how my mom would have loved these lil souls so well. I will always miss my mom, she was precious and loving. Wish I could hug you IRL. So thankful the Father has sent so many beautiful people to show you His love and compassion for you. Love you Sista.

Shirt, sounds like you have your work cut out for you with Tiggerford, and will pray you up extra, knowing you will need it. Glad you have help with dinner. Bubba is making pies today, and tomorrow I'll get the bird and fixin's ready to roll. The kids have friends without families coming, I love that! Jamie has lil gentleman's outfit ready for Jonny, and bought some lil hair bows so Miss Audrey can be all pretty for a family photo.

Sending love to each one of you, and thankful to have friends that are closer than family. God's blessings and mercies to you Sistahs, with a big old hug. Lymi, always.....
Old 11-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #4290
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my sweet Sistahs,

MIGHT YOU PUT UP WITH ONE OF MY 'NOVELS' ???

Wishing ALL of you a very blessed and Happy Thanksgiving - so sorry I have not been here that much, trying to get back on track, but it is slow - so NOT like my normal speed!!

A quick read on what is happening with all of you - not sleeping so great so have not been on the computer much trying to catch some ZZZZZ's here and there. Does however, give me more time to pray for all of your concerns and for being blessed by having friends as good as you all are to me!

Tater, so understanding where your mind and heart are right now - not so long ago, many of us having gone thru this already - glad you are surrounded with so many loving family and friends, helping so in so many ways, and keeping y'all in my prayers.

CA, keeping your sweet DeAnna in my prayers for this aggressive attack on her cancer, and praying and trusting God to get her through it with the minimum of side effects - she is a strong and upbeat young woman and we know God is with her. So glad you are going to get to spend an early Christmas with her - also hope your recuperation is going well - praying all of you up to get thru with flying colors!!

Shirt, I know you have your hands full with Tiggy's exercises - hopefully the pain meds he takes before you start the exercises will allow a little more tolerance for pain, and to give him a headstart for next week - maybe Justin can help you with that a little - you are doing so much - with dinner and all for Thanksgiving too - so praying for help to come in quiet and helpful ways to make the holiday enjoyable and a little relaxing too. Praying for next week to be better in a multitude of ways for you!

Lesley, you have voiced it so well - how we have so much to be grateful for in each other - praying for you and your family - and Justin - over the holidays to be blessed in myriad ways by our loving Lord!

Sylvia, asking for many blessings returned to you for all your encouragement and prayers - you have talked me thru some tough moments in the [ast month and your cards have brought smiles to my face every time I look at them - your friendship has been a blessing!

Pat, the sweet encouraging texts to keep me on track have been a treasure in so many ways - as busy as you are, you are always there for all of us, storming the heavens with your prayers and keeping us in your mind and heart for all our prayer needs.Thanks so much for being such a cheerleader - for each and every one of us - you always seem to lead us through any difficulties with your strength and faith, and for that we are ever so grateful! Enjoy this wonderful holiday with your sweet family, adorable grandchildren and all their friends! Your cup overflows!

Jan, thanks so much for constantly reaching out with messages , cards, and words of wisdom - even though you have been so busy with ODBD, you still have made time to check in with all of us as time permits and lift our spirits with your inspiration and we are looking forward to seeing more and more of your work that always urges us on to do more everytime we create something. Bless your heart, Sis!

Kathy, and Jill, have seen both your sweet cards and delightful messages and know your prayers - and candles - are always there for all of us - we are so blessed to be our own little 'sisterhood' here on the bus - along with our other sisters who drop by when they can - Nancy, Sherry, Katie, Wendy, Brat - even though she has not been here, I always include her in prayers -

ASKING GOD TO BRING BLESSINGS OF EVERY KIND TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES THIS SPECIAL DAY AND ALWAYS!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #4291
101 Airborne

CA - keeping your daughter in my prayers that she stays strong through the process. Hope your wrist is coming along.

Tater - keeping you and yours in my prayers also.

Shirt - I know you have your plate full with Tig's therapy!

All Ladies on the Bus: Know that you are all in my thoughts this Thanksgiving and in my prayers. I am grateful to all of you for sharing your love and prayers all around.

Hugs to all, Kathy

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #4292
Forum Fanatic

Happy Thanksgiving to all...hope you have a good one....

keeping all in prayers...Tater...may you find comfort & peace...and many memories to think upon.

Ca - praying for DeAnna....and her treatments

and for Tiggers exercises!!

Hugs & Blessings!!

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 11-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #4293
Stamp Like You Mean It

Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing with joy to the Lord; let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God, and great King above all gods, in whose hands are the depth of the earth; the peaks of the mountains are also His. The sea is His, for it was He who made it; and His hands formed the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our God our Maker."

Much love and many thanks this day Sistahs!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #4294
Loves lavender roses

Just popping in to say...
Attached Thumbnails
thanksgiving-greeting.jpg  

Old 11-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #4295
Stazon Splitcoast

A-MEN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooms in a Box View Post
Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing with joy to the Lord; let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God, and great King above all gods, in whose hands are the depth of the earth; the peaks of the mountains are also His. The sea is His, for it was He who made it; and His hands formed the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our God our Maker."

Much love and many thanks this day Sistahs!!!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #4296
Forum Fanatic

I AMEN that too!!

My Blog
Old 11-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #4297
Die Cut Diva

Can I get another AMEN!!!! Awesome scripture Pat! You know what keeps going through my mind? The song from Kelly Clarkson, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I have been saying a mantra in my mind which is, "I will enjoy each day he gives me" and I do this with Mom in my heart. Brings me so much comfort. He blessed our family with one of the most touching Thanksgivings. Everyone was able to be there. The food was awesome, the weather perfect, Football sucked. Our nieces and nephews gifted us with Poinsettias and a DVD which we watched when we got home last night. I cried so hard as it was a photo montaje of mom and her life with music. I watched it twice; cried the first time but smiled and explained to Gunner and shared some laughs the second time. Bitter sweet. My Sister and I have reconciled "somewhat" which brings me peace and lifts a burden off my heart and we've already begun to plan Christmas which, for us, will be on the 30th. Life is good, God is greater!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #4298
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sweet Tater, what a beautiful note to read! Sounds like the Father has been huggin' your heart big time, and that sure warms my heart. Praising God that you have found some common ground with your sis. That is huge!I have missed you so much, and at times I wish I could just hug you IRL. How precious to have memories of you mom put to music. Bubba made one for my mom too, and I am blessed every time I see it. I love you Sista. Thanks so much for checking in! Lymi, always.....

p.s. Loved your ending thought, God is greater than anything we face. Bless your heart for that!

Last edited by Blooms in a Box; 11-23-2012 at 02:48 PM..
Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #4299
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh what goodness abounds in our lives when we entrust it all to Him, dear Tater!! So glad to hear the peace and comfort you have been feeling, as well as the double viewing of the DVD of Mom that lifted the heavy burden you were feeling and brought about a reconciliation and plans for a Christmas celebration together with your family. Our God is, indeed, GREATER than our wildest imaginations!!!

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful update with all of us - praying for everyone to be having a good weekend with similar blessings!!

Love all of you, my Sistahs!!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #4300
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Tater Tot, my heart is singing with joy as I read your post! What wonderful news about you and your sis!!! Praise the Lord for small miracles!!! And big ones too! God bless you, sweet sister!

Santa brought me an early Christmas present.....got a new laptop today! YAY! I was so lost without my other one! Now I don't have to type and retype on my IPhone or my Kindle. God is good to me......so is Santa! LOL!

Hugs all around!
Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #4301
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
Oh Tater Tot, my heart is singing with joy as I read your post! What wonderful news about you and your sis!!! Praise the Lord for small miracles!!! And big ones too! God bless you, sweet sister!

Santa brought me an early Christmas present.....got a new laptop today! YAY! I was so lost without my other one! Now I don't have to type and retype on my IPhone or my Kindle. God is good to me......so is Santa! LOL!

Hugs all around!
Hey Punk! Congratulations!! We're twins now cuz I just got one, too! Got mine Wed. nite at the Gray Friday sale at WalMart but didn't open it till today. Gotta get used to Windows 8 now!!! LOL!

I got a new boy. He's 17 and has the same issues as my Eddie. They sure are getting along too!!

Old 11-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #4302
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Can I get another AMEN!!!! Awesome scripture Pat! You know what keeps going through my mind? The song from Kelly Clarkson, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I have been saying a mantra in my mind which is, "I will enjoy each day he gives me" and I do this with Mom in my heart. Brings me so much comfort. He blessed our family with one of the most touching Thanksgivings. Everyone was able to be there. The food was awesome, the weather perfect, Football sucked. Our nieces and nephews gifted us with Poinsettias and a DVD which we watched when we got home last night. I cried so hard as it was a photo montaje of mom and her life with music. I watched it twice; cried the first time but smiled and explained to Gunner and shared some laughs the second time. Bitter sweet. My Sister and I have reconciled "somewhat" which brings me peace and lifts a burden off my heart and we've already begun to plan Christmas which, for us, will be on the 30th. Life is good, God is greater!!!
Oh, Tate, such great news!! So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and things are looking better for you and your sis!!! All good news except that your team didn't do so well. Brighter days, sweet sistah!!!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #4303
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Punk! Congratulations!! We're twins now cuz I just got one, too! Got mine Wed. nite at the Gray Friday sale at WalMart but didn't open it till today. Gotta get used to Windows 8 now!!! LOL!

I got a new boy. He's 17 and has the same issues as my Eddie. They sure are getting along too!!
CA.....I know! What's up with this Windows 8? I had to have a tutorial given to me at the store! I'm too old to be learning new stuff.....unless it is card stuff! KWIM??? LOL! Why can't they just keep windows the same? If it ain't broke, don't fix (update) it, right????

Glad you have a new boy. It sounds like he and Eddie will get along well. How's the hand coming along?
Old 11-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #4304
Stazon Splitcoast

How cool Eddie has someone his own age to interact with - bet they will get along well!!

Congrats on the new laptops, but not on having to learn new stuff - I don't envy either of you for that - John reinstalled my windows XP so I didn't have to do that with the laptop, though I still use the desk PC a lot anyway - I know how to do everything on there!

Asking for prayers that I can get some solid sleep in at night instead of 1 1/2 - 2 hours then moving somewhere else - it is driving me crazy, and I am doing a lot more - driving, walking, steps, things around the house, was out shopping and visiting - you would think I would be able to conk out!!! what the heck???
Swelling is minimal, bending is 90 degree angle plus and I start outpatient therapy on Monday - wish me luck!! the incision looks fantastic - he is a good surgeon!!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #4305
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
How cool Eddie has someone his own age to interact with - bet they will get along well!!

Congrats on the new laptops, but not on having to learn new stuff - I don't envy either of you for that - John reinstalled my windows XP so I didn't have to do that with the laptop, though I still use the desk PC a lot anyway - I know how to do everything on there!

Asking for prayers that I can get some solid sleep in at night instead of 1 1/2 - 2 hours then moving somewhere else - it is driving me crazy, and I am doing a lot more - driving, walking, steps, things around the house, was out shopping and visiting - you would think I would be able to conk out!!! what the heck???
Swelling is minimal, bending is 90 degree angle plus and I start outpatient therapy on Monday - wish me luck!! the incision looks fantastic - he is a good surgeon!!
Oh sistah.....it's so hard when you don't get a good sleep! I'll be praying you up, my friend! Can you take some Tylenol PM or something like that?

Good luck with your OP PT! Glad to hear that your knee is coming along! Take is easy, sweet pea! No overdoing it! LYMI!
Old 11-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #4306
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
CA.....I know! What's up with this Windows 8? I had to have a tutorial given to me at the store! I'm too old to be learning new stuff.....unless it is card stuff! KWIM??? LOL! Why can't they just keep windows the same? If it ain't broke, don't fix (update) it, right????

Glad you have a new boy. It sounds like he and Eddie will get along well. How's the hand coming along?
Yeah, I just got used to Windows 7!! I get the cast off on Tuesday; then PT, I will be happy to get the cast off though.

One of Eddie's friends is over. He and Mr. "D" are playing a game on the PS3. Eddie is playing on the new Xbox 360. If they could fit another guy in there, he could play on the Wii!!! LOL!!!

Old 11-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #4307
Loves lavender roses

Greenie, so sorry you are having sleep issues. Gotcha in my prayers!!!

Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #4308
Stazon Splitcoast

Tried some benedryl with my Advil, and then tried Advil PM and the dumb benedryl in it kept me up ALL NIGHT both nights - went to sleep at 7 am till 11 am that day!! Now I am experimenting with melatonin and my regular Advil - so far 2 nights has not helped but still working on it!

Good luck with your PT when you get the cast off , CA!!

Thanks for the prayers too-
Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 PM   #4309
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Tried some benedryl with my Advil, and then tried Advil PM and the dumb benedryl in it kept me up ALL NIGHT both nights - went to sleep at 7 am till 11 am that day!! Now I am experimenting with melatonin and my regular Advil - so far 2 nights has not helped but still working on it!

Good luck with your PT when you get the cast off , CA!!

Thanks for the prayers too-
Benedryl usually puts people to sleep!!! You need to get one of those CD's that have relaxing music and birds chirping, etc.!! Still praying for you!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #4310
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Benedryl usually puts people to sleep!!! You need to get one of those CD's that have relaxing music and birds chirping, etc.!! Still praying for you!
Maybe all the sistahs should get together and sing and record a lullaby for Greenie to play at night so that she could go to sleep!! That's it, Sue! Hust close your eyes at night and picture all if us standing around your bed singing a lullaby to you!!!! That'll help you go right to sleep!!!! LOL!!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #4311
Stazon Splitcoast

'Course the drugs might help a little!!! LOL
Old 11-25-2012, 06:52 AM   #4312
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, I am off the drugs that put me to sleep now - just taking either Tylenol or Advil - will have to try thinking of all of you - though that would probably get me so excited to see you all, I definitely won't sleep- LOL
Old 11-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #4313
Stazon Splitcoast

I am one of the small group of people that benedryl does NOT make sleepy, CA! But to listen to a tape, I would have to wear my aids to bed - something I do not usually do.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #4314
Die Cut Diva

Greenie, one glass of a white Zinfindell usually does the trick for me except that I still wake up at 2:00 or 2:30 a.m. What is up with that. sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 hours to get back to sleep! Wonder if coming off the drugs is what's causing some of your sleeplessness?

CA, another 17 year old would be viewed by some as "OH MY GOSH!!!" However, it sounds as if they are perfect company for one another and it sounds a good thing for Mr. Eddy.

Congrats to Les and CA for their new puters; I need one but am holding off as long as possible. I went through and deleted a bunch of stuff I didn't think I needed and now my computer is soooooooooooooooo slooooooooooooooooooow. Why did I think I needed to do that!!!!

Special thoughts are with DeAnna and praying for a cure.

Tomorrow will be my first day back to the assisted living place where Mom was. I teach crafts to several ladies on Mondays and I hope I can walk back in there.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #4315
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey, Tater, will be praying you through going back to the assisted living place Mom was - it might be a twist that will make things easier, AND it will be nice to hear how the ladies get all excited when you bring them something special to do, bless your heart. God will make it all work out for you!! I will also ask my son if he can give me an idea of something you can do to speed your computer up, since you deleted all that stuff. Also, I think you are up for giving us the TSC for next Friday - I think it is time for me to get back into the swing of things with cards!!
Who'dda thunk of that - What a great idea - I love white zin, just not sure if I should drink that with advil???? Also I go to bed late, so maybe it would keep me asleep a little longer???
Old 11-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #4316
Forum Fanatic

Wow.......Will sing you to sleep greenie...but then my screetching might keep you awake...so maybe that won't work!!

plan B.... how about some prayer.....

don't have a plan C....so plan B better work!!

love & Hugs

My Blog
Old 11-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #4317
Stazon Splitcoast

Plan B sounds just fine, Jam, thanks!! Good night!!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #4318
Proud Fan Club Member

I feel like I haven't been on here for a month. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. So much going on here.

CA I am sorry DeAnna has to have such aggressive chemo but if that's what it takes then it's a blessing. Will continue to keep her in my prayers.
I am going to the Lake of the Ozarks to go Christmas shopping next weekend. They have a Coach outlet store. I am feeling a new purse in my near future! Glad you got another boy. Hope your hand is doing good and I am so so glad you are going to DeAnna's.

Pat the scripture you put on here for TG is beautiful. The Lord is so good. We had such powerful preaching today at church. I am so glad you are having such a good time with your family. It touches me that your son and dil had people over that have no family. That's the kind of things that should be going on during our holiday season.

Tater I am so thankful you are feeling strong and yes that is a wonderful testament to your Mom. I am like Pat in that when someone loses a Mom it hurts my heart because I know how awful it is. I miss my Mom everyday.

Greenie I hope all goes well with your therapy tomorrow. I know it will. Still not sleeping? That is so miserable. I am glad you got all those TG dinners in! Watch out our it won't be only your knee swollen!

Lesley I am so glad you got to see your son. That's great and a new computer. Whoo Hoo!

Kathy I hope your TG was great. Did you cook or go somewhere? I went to my daughter's but baked pies to take. Christmas dinner will be here.

Jan are you getting ready for Christmas? I have cut way back on my spending this year. I have been saying I was going to for several years and I have really done it this year. I'm proud of myself. I always buy way to much for Christmas and it's just wasteful.

I haven't been on here because I have been really busy. Working at the Food Bank for our church, helping with the Children's church. Trying to get myself more involved again since I am feeling better. Helped my daughter at the Senior Center with their TG dinner plus I have been trying to do the challenges I like along with everyday life. I am blessed.

Hugs to everyone.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #4319
Loves lavender roses

Getting my cast off tomorrow! Can't wait!

Praying for everyone's needs.

Greenie, skip the Advil and go straight to the White Zin!!

Old 11-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #4320
Die Cut Diva

OK, all this talk of "white" zin, it's going to be 83 degrees today and remembering how much my Mom loved the snow, this week's TSC is........................make a card that has snow/flakes/sparkle. Easy peasy oh so squeezy!