Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #4241
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

113 AGAIN?????

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #4242
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah, Shirt said she is STAYIN' there!!! LOL
Old 11-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #4243
Loves lavender roses

It's also the birthday of the U.S. Marine Corps

USMC 237th Birthday Tribute

Old 11-11-2012, 05:23 PM   #4244
Proud Fan Club Member

Shirt you know you don't have to lie about your age. I mean after all you were 113 last year!! Happy birthday!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #4245
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sistahs, we had the most incredible trip from Twin Falls, Idaho where we caught up with Bub's friend from 40 years ago. The last time Bubba saw him is when we were dating. His home and family were wonderful and welcoming , and I felt as if I had been a friend forever. It was 4 degrees when we left there, but the skies were clear, until we got to Jackpot. The winds picked up and blew snow into white out conditions. We were able to safely stop and put chains on the truck, but it was a frightening ride! When we got about 45 minutes from Cody, the roads were icy, so we were going slowly, and a huge buck leapt in front of the truck. We missed it, and nearly recovered from a spin out, but hit black ice, sending us into three full scale spins, that landed us in a ditch, backwards on the opposite side of the highway. And yet, no harm was done, to us, the truck, or the deer! And, six sets of people pulled off the road to help us out and get us back on the road.

Before we left that morning, I asked God to surround our truck with His mighty, warrior angels, to keep us from physical harm, and protect those in our path. I had never prayed this way before but it was on my heart. Once we started going again, I remembered that prayer and cried all the way to the kids home, praising God for His protection and provision. And today, as I held Audrey in my arms, my heart smiled to see, once again, how great our God is!!! Jonathan was so excited to see his lil sissy, and tenderly touch her hair, and said "Ah....". We are all in love. Jamie is good, Jason is proud, and God is great!!!!

Love you all so much!
Pat
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11

Last edited by Blooms in a Box; 11-12-2012 at 02:47 PM..
Old 11-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #4246
Stazon Splitcoast

Indeed, our God is great !!

Praises going up for the protection of the Father on the road - what an incredible witness that must have been - no wonder you were crying - and for His everlasting Love in the person of your precious lil' Audrey - yes, God is so good! I bet your face hurts from smiling so much - what a wonderful gift - enjoy this special time with your family!! Won't be long now till you are together all the time!!

LYMI!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #4247
Stamp Like You Mean It

Greenie, my heart is so full! Some days, you realize just how much the Father loves you, and it is overwhelming!!!!!
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #4248
Stamp Like You Mean It

Just checked my scripture of the day on my phone to see what the Word was on Audrey's birthday.
"For the word of the Lord is right and true, He is faithful in all He does. the Lord loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love."

Amen.....
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #4249
Stazon Splitcoast

FAITHFUL, RIGHTEOUS, JUST, and UNFAILING LOVE - got it all right there in your arms!!

AMEN!!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM   #4250
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, Sistahs,

Here are some pictures of sweet Audrey, Mommy, Daddy and with Gramma Pat and Grampa Bubs- she could not get them on here, and asked me to post them so we could all see - enjoy!!
Attached Thumbnails
imag0785.jpg   imag0786.jpg   imag0792.jpg   imag0812.jpg   imag0775_opt.jpg  

Old 11-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #4251
Watercolor Wizard

Oh Wow....first of all Praise the Lord for his safe protection for you on the road!! What a marvelous story of how He wraps His loving arms around us and keeps us safe...I always pray over my car too when I leave home... TY Jesus for keeping my sister safe!\0/\0/

And to the focal point!! Yahhhhhh on the cutest grand baby ever...(except for mine of course....lolol)....gramma's have to be predjustice...of course.....

But.what a sweetie...and I see the proudest parent and grandparents ever...yahhhhhhh

Third....I am soooooooo happy....I got my tutorial done, I got my tutorial done, I got my tutorial done....for ODBD.....goes up on the blog thursday.....
Been fretting and stewing about this ever since I knew I had to do one.....the hardest part is coming up with something no one has seen.....lolol....oh well I did my best!!

Hugs to all

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #4252
101 Airborne

Oh, sweet and pretty Audrey!! Mom and Dad look so happy, and Grandma and Grandpa look like they're in 7th Heaven!

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 08:42 AM   #4253
Die Cut Diva

Sistahs, just checking in to let y'all know that there is a new angel in heaven. Mom slipped away to be with our Lord and Savior this morning at 1:20 a.m. I am so lost without her. I am surrounded by friends and family right now but really would give anything to be left alone to grieve. I'd like to go out on our property and just absolutely scream my head off but, Momma didn't raise no sissy. It is very difficult to explain what emotions are running rampant right now; relief her suffering is over, sorrow that she is gone. Staying strong for the Siblings with Gunner right at my side. I was doing alright all the time we held our vigil until her journey home and then it came time to remove her rings, watch, necklaces and I couldn't bare to watch it. Isn't it strange the things that become obstacles. They say I need to get some sleep as I've been up almost 48 hours. Keep us in your prayers a little longer. God bless and keep all of y'all.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #4254
101 Airborne

Oh, Tater, my heart is breaking for you. I know what you mean about being alone. I have you, Gunner and your family in my prayers and, of course, your sweet Mom. I am sending hugs to you. Kathy

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-13-2012, 09:20 AM   #4255
Watercolor Wizard

Oh Tater...My heart, comfort & Love goes out to you today...but more than that I pray for your peace & Comfort from the Lord, and a chance to grief....yes...go out and yell...it is good to get the anguish out...don't keep it bottled in hun!
Love & Hugs

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 AM   #4256
Stamp Like You Mean It

Sweet Tater, my heart aches for you and the family. Sista, you go right ahead and cry out to God, He will hear you, and bless you. We are all here for you my friend. Praying as never before for peace and comfort, in Jesus name. Love you dearly.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 PM   #4257
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, Tater, sweet Sistah, so sorry your heart hurts so badly right now - am praying for your dear Mom, you, Gunner, and all your family during this time, that the Savior will comfort your souls and give you peace. Know we are all here for you, praying and sending hugs to you and your family. With my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy, Sis - LYMI!!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #4258
Loves lavender roses

Oh sweet sister, Tate! I feel for you!! I've been praying you up and will continue to pray that our wonderful Lord will comfort you and give you peace. Go ahead and go out there and scream; then, go get some must needed rest. We are all here for you. Love you, sistah!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:19 AM   #4259
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh my sweet Tater Tot......I'm so sorry!!!!! It's so difficult to let go of Mama....no matter what age we are! I'm wishing my big ole fat arms could reach all the way to Texas to give you a big ole hug!!! Just know that you are being blanketed with prayer.....completely covered. Our Father is holding you and your family in His palm and He has your precious Mama right by His side! Bless you, sweet girl!!! Love you!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #4260
Loves lavender roses

Sistahs, thank you all so much for praying for DeAnna. Please continue to pray as she goes through further treatments. Here is her latest report:

"Finally a few answers! UCSF called and told me the cancer was all over the breast so thank God I decided to get the mastectomy!!!! They found no cancer in the nodes!!! Some kind of chemo is in my future due to aggressive HeR2 cancer, but it is preventative. I see an oncologist next Tues. I get my drains out this week and on Friday I get fluid in the expanders and discuss the surgery date. Things may change due to chemo, but at least it is not past the nodes!!!!"

She seems to be in better spirits. Thanks again to all of you!!!

Old 11-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #4261
Stamp Like You Mean It

CA, praising God that the cancer had not invaded the nodes. DeAnna sounds so courageous. Love her positive and fighting spirit! Will keep the prayers lifted. Lymi, hugs....

Talked to Shirt tonight, and they are leaving before daylight for Tig's surgery. Please pray all goes well, and that his healing is quick.

Sweet Tater, going to sleep each night with your heart on my mind. God's peace and compassion to you Sista.

Hugs to each and every Twisted Sistah, love you bunches.

Last edited by Blooms in a Box; 11-15-2012 at 04:56 AM..
Old 11-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #4262
Stazon Splitcoast

Praises going up for prayers answered and what is to come for De Anna - great news that it did not make it to the nodes!!! what a great attitude she has - must have gotten it from her Mama!

Prayers for Tig's Surgery and our lovely Driver tomorrow for the few days she will be in St louis with him until he is ready to come home. I know The Father has it all in His hands - including guidance for the doctor to do a GOOD JOB on this. Also praying for travel mercies for you, Shirt - Love you and know we are with you in spirit and are blanketing you both in prayers!

Tater, if you stop in here for a little sisterly love, please know we have been lifting you up in prayer for peace in your heart - anything you need, He will provide - prayers for all of your family as well - Mom is resting in eternal glory with Jesus now!!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #4263
Loves lavender roses

Been praying for Tate and Tig. Thanks to all for your prayers for DeAnna and for me. My love to all!!!

p.s. I finally made a card.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #4264
Loves lavender roses

duplicate
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #4265
Stazon Splitcoast

Heard from Shirt tonight that Tig's surgery went well and he was due out of recovery soon - he had a lot of scar tissue from the first operation that they removed before they did the shoulder replacement - praying all heals up quickly now for him. Keep him and our lovely Driver in your prayers - thanks!
Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 PM   #4266
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my gosh so much has happened in the last few days. I have not been on the bus for a few days.

First, Tater I am so so sorry. I am praying for peace and strength for you and Gunner along with your family. Hugs and prayers going out for you.

CA I am so glad that DeAnna's cancer had not spread anywhere else. Praise the Lord they found it when they did. Now we need to pray about that chemo. She needs lots of strength. Her attitude seems so positive. That helps so much. Also keeping you in prayer.

Greenie you been leaving that poor mailman alone?!!!!

Kathy have you got your Christmas cards done? I figure with all the cards you make that maybe you do. I don't and I'm not stressing at all. I had a lady ask me to make her four boxes of cards today. I really did not want to but its a good friend of my daughter's so I'm going to.

Jan I'm going to go check out your tutorial. Don't be nervous I'm sure its good.

Shirley, don't know if you all are home yet but you and Tig have been in my prayers. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Lesley how are you doing? How's your son? Not to long and you'll have him home.

Pat that little Audrey looks so sweet. She is really pretty. I think C section babies are prettier because they're not all red and cone headed! You can see the amazement in your son's face in the picture that was posted. You look like proud grandparents too!

I've been good just busy. Went to eat lunch at the senior center where my daughter works today because it was a fund raiser and got drafted to work! The meal was excellent. I was impressed. Beat most restaurants.

Well everyone remains in my prayers and Kathy keeps smoking up the church with all her candles and with everyone elses prayers we ought to all be doing ok. Hugs all around.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #4267
Stazon Splitcoast

Sylvia, sent you an email!!
Old 11-16-2012, 04:35 AM   #4268
Loves lavender roses

Default TSC1123 - Leftovers

Challenge TSC1123 - Leftovers!!

Many of us will be eating leftovers the day after Thanksgiving. My challenge for you is to make a card or project using leftovers. Get out those scraps of card stock and papers. Use that one flower you have left from a package of six. How about that jar or baggie of ribbon scraps? I'm sure you can find plenty of leftovers!

Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #4269
Loves lavender roses

DeAnna is on her way home from UCSF. She took a photo of herself with her Ipod. I just had to share it with you!!! Oh, she got two drains out, but they left two in. She's not really happy about that, but it is what it is. Here's the photo:
Attached Thumbnails
111612-deanna.jpg  

Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #4270
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Sistahs, just checking in to let y'all know that there is a new angel in heaven. Mom slipped away to be with our Lord and Savior this morning at 1:20 a.m. I am so lost without her. I am surrounded by friends and family right now but really would give anything to be left alone to grieve. I'd like to go out on our property and just absolutely scream my head off but, Momma didn't raise no sissy. It is very difficult to explain what emotions are running rampant right now; relief her suffering is over, sorrow that she is gone. Staying strong for the Siblings with Gunner right at my side. I was doing alright all the time we held our vigil until her journey home and then it came time to remove her rings, watch, necklaces and I couldn't bare to watch it. Isn't it strange the things that become obstacles. They say I need to get some sleep as I've been up almost 48 hours. Keep us in your prayers a little longer. God bless and keep all of y'all.
Oh (((((((Tater) some cyber hugs for you. so sorry for your loss...
QFTD165
Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #4271
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooms in a Box View Post
Greenie, my heart is so full! Some days, you realize just how much the Father loves you, and it is overwhelming!!!!!
Pat, I didn't get to congratulate you yet...So happy for you, and the pictures are great!
QFTD165
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #4272
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
DeAnna is on her way home from UCSF. She took a photo of herself with her Ipod. I just had to share it with you!!! Oh, she got two drains out, but they left two in. She's not really happy about that, but it is what it is. Here's the photo:
Your daughter is beautiful, Carol Anne, she looks happy in the pic...I've been praying for her...(and You) Thanks for keeping us updated...
QFTD165
Old 11-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #4273
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD from PAUSA View Post
Your daughter is beautiful, Carol Anne, she looks happy in the pic...I've been praying for her...(and You) Thanks for keeping us updated...
Thank you for the prayers, Jill; keep them coming!! She's going through a lot!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #4274
Stazon Splitcoast

CA, oh my goodness, DeAnna looks amazing - not at all like someone who just went through what she has in the past few weeks - continuing to send up praises that the nodes were not affected and for a quick recovery - and the removal of those last 2 drains - she is doing so well!! Thank God!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:48 AM   #4275
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
CA, oh my goodness, DeAnna looks amazing - not at all like someone who just went through what she has in the past few weeks - continuing to send up praises that the nodes were not affected and for a quick recovery - and the removal of those last 2 drains - she is doing so well!! Thank God!
Greenie, thank you so much! I'm so proud of her. God has certainly given her the strength she needs! She looks great, but I can see the strain in her eyes; still, she's a beautiful person! I'm praising God each day that the cancer didn't spread into the nodes!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #4276
Proud Fan Club Member

CA what a lovely girl you have! I am so so happy for her that that cancer did not spread. Praise the Lord is all I know to say.

Hoping everyone is having a good weekend. I went out to Amish country today to buy spices and bought quite a few things.

Hugs all around.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #4277
Loves lavender roses

Thank you, Silly. Hey, what goodies did you get in Amish country?

Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #4278
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all! Just wanted to let u know that Mark, Julian and I saw Justin today!! We came up here last night and stayed at a motor lodge and drove over to visit with Justin this afternoon. He is doing really well, considering. Julian was so happy to c his daddy! I cried when I had to leave him, but I know God is watching out for him. We r on our way home, stuck in traffic in State College because of an accident ahead. We still have 3 hours to go to get home, but since we r sitting at a standstill, it will b much longer! Mark is not a happy camper!!!!!!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #4279
Stazon Splitcoast

Awwww, Lesley, so glad you got to see your boy today- did you get to show him the cards they would not let him get in the mail?? Boy, that was a major boner - forgetting it had to be one layer only!

I have not made a card except one for Tater in FOUR WEEKS - wonder if I still remember how to do it???

I am trying to get up and keep on moving to do different things - reading, watching TV, computer a little bit and of course falling asleep since I am not sleeping much at night - hopefully something that will start to reverse itself soon, and especially keeping you all in my prayers, since I do have a lot of "free time".

LYMI and lots of hugs to you all!!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #4280
Watercolor Wizard

Pat...I;m not sure if I congratulated you yet.....saw the pictures of the sweet little one.awwww so precious!!...soooooo
CONGRATULATIONS!!

lOVE & hUGS

My Blog