Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #4201
101 Airborne

CA - glad you daughter is home (seems a bit early), but she looks wonderful - and it's an awesome pic. The 4 weeks for your cast will fly by - and hope the doc's report is good for you too.
I feel for Tater - it's so hard to watch your parent fail - it's such a sad ordeal.
Lesley, I'm still keeping your son in my prayers and did send a card.
Greenie, you can't keep a good woman down for long! I know you're chomping at the bit - but be careful and take it easy!
Ms. Pat - you loving heart is always visible in your sweet words for everyone.
Shirt - you won at ODBD - woo hoo - more stamps!!
Sylvia - I think you must be one of the most shining stars for your awesome surgeon - you have done so amazingly well through your ordeal - and it seemed so fast too!
Jan - your caring thoughts for everyone is always appreciated.

I think I'm up for the 11/9 challenge - let's make a CAS Christmas card - and use 1 EF - easy peasy!

Ladies - you are all wonderful and remain in my prayers. Oh, important note: our church got a much larger candle offering area - twice the size! So, please know you all have candles!

Hugs all around. K.

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #4202
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Mercy Sistah, a larger candle area? I know they added it just for you! Lymimimi!
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #4203
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Ditto what Pat said!!!

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 11-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #4204
Watercolor Wizard

Just checking in on de Bus...seeing who is here....

A CAS Christmas card...should be easy peasy is right!!...whats CAS.....lolololol...or in better words...how does one do CAS...when one needs to cover mistakes..lolol

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
http://cardsbyjankeen.blogspot.com/
Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #4205
Stamp Like You Mean It

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsong47 View Post
Just checking in on de Bus...seeing who is here....

A CAS Christmas card...should be easy peasy is right!!...whats CAS.....lolololol...or in better words...how does one do CAS...when one needs to cover mistakes..lolol
Speak it Sistah! (Or, are we the only ones that "embellish" to cover up?) Lol. Love ya!
p.s. I actually did a CAS today, on purpose! And it hardly hurt at all! Smile.....
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 11-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #4206
Stazon Splitcoast

I admit that CAS cards are kinda hard for me....I always want to add more! But, I guess more is less is better than more is too much and ruining your card, ya know? I like the more is less thang, but is it really more is less or less is less? Because when you really think about it, less is less is more accurate than more is less for a CAS card, right? Cornfused yet? LOL!
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #4207
Stazon Splitcoast

Les - sent you an email!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #4208
Proud Fan Club Member

Lesley you made me crack up! I like CAS sometimes. The funny thing about it is they usually take me a long time to make too! I am slow. I did a CAS today and I made a poinsettia. If I would have stamped one it would have gone quickly but oh no I had to make one!

Sisser Kathy I have done so well. God has truly blessed me with this surgery for sure.

I cut the housekeeper loose today. I have had her coming in since I had my surgery and she has never suited me. ( I'm picky!) I cleaned my upstairs today and will do downstairs Wed. Tomorrow is our SU monthly gathering and I am the hostess. This group of ladies brings dinner. I have tried to get them to stop and just bring a snack. Frankly I don't want to cook something for 10 ladies! So... I made spaghetti sauce today. I am taking a big pan of mostaccioli and garlic bread. I made a Heath cake. Ugh. Who needs anything to eat when you have that cake?!

I hope everyone is doing good. You are all in my prayers.

Greenie hope you're feeling good and PT is going good. You go to the dr tomorrow, right?

Pat it's almost time for a Lil girl!!! I'm excited for you all.

Shirley I did not do a card for the challenge. I'm sorry. I was busy on Friday and then it just left my mind...no kidding!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:53 PM   #4209
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a quick update -

thank you so much for your prayers for my friend's DD's funeral today - was a difficult situation but your prayers bought peace to it!

Tonight, My PT lady passed me with flying colors and does not think I will need to continue after her next 2 weeks are done, since I am doing so well - tomorrow morning, the staples come out and he will check my range of motion and movement, which PT said was very good. Then on the way home, Mary will take me to vote . God is good and I am so very grateful for your thoughts and prayers through all of this!

God bless you all!!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #4210
101 Airborne

Sylvia,
What is the recipe for the Heath cake - it sounds yummy?!

I design for: Mark's Finest Papers on the SR DT and on Speedy Fox & Friends DT, Squigglefly and CCEE and I am a Proud Fan Club Member
Old 11-05-2012, 06:22 PM   #4211
Stamp Like You Mean It

Uh...Silly, did you say mostaccioli? What time? Lol...I soooo wish!

How good it is to peek in here and see such good news! Praise God! His mercies are unending!

Jamie had her last doctor appt today, and she's good to go! Lil Audrey is fully developed and putting on weight. (how come the doc never tells me that, like it's a good thing?) We are leaving Friday for Wyoming, and will be there Sunday. Jamie's C-section is scheduled for Monday, so unless the water breaks before then, we will be there! Will try to add a photo to the Bus, if we have time!

Today, the kitties new "mama" was here to get acquainted. This trip, we have a full time, live-in sitter, and my heart is so at ease! We won't be back til 11/26, so to know that someone will be here FT really blesses me! I always miss my critters so badly! Silly, huh? Can't help it! They are my "kids" now!

So, I won't be making a CAS with y'all on Friday, wah... and just when I was getting a handle on those! And I need to get a BD card in the mail for my Bestie before we go too! Our lil 'ol Bus Driver with the shiny halo will be celebrating 115 (I think) on Saturday. Now Shirt, you check me if'n I's in-correct, k? I know that thar number does some switchin' on ya, and a few years back, you slid from 114 to 111....just sayin'! Hope your birthday is full of blessing Sister, because you do bring that to everyone you meet! Sometimes, even before you meet 'em! (wink)

Nitey Nite Sistahs. lymi, each one!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #4212
Watercolor Wizard

I hear ya silly on the poinsettia thingy.....I am the same....(chuckle)...

So glad to hear your doing better greenie, and healing so quickly!! Amen Sistah!!

And congrats Pat...and being a new grannie soon...yah....you have a safe trip....do more blooms, and enjoy!! keep us up to date!!...

Hugs to all

Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

My Blog
Old 11-06-2012, 07:56 PM   #4213
Proud Fan Club Member

Praise the Lord Sue! I am so thankful you are doing so great. Yep it's all the prayers and well wishes. That is really something for PT to be thinking about only two more weeks of therapy. Pretty soon you will be doing lunges on that knee!

Pat I bet you are itching for Friday to get here! What a blessing for you and your sweetie.

Kathy this cake is so stinking good and very rich. Here goes

Bake a devils food cake mix according to directions. When you take it out of the oven poke holes all over with a wooden spoon. Then drizzle a can of Eagle Brand Milk in the holes and then drizzle the largest container of caramel ice cream topping in the holes. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Top with a large container of Cool Whip and top with a broken up Heath Bar or shave some chocolate on top. This is so rich and decadent. Let me know what you think.

CA I hope you are doing better and the hand is not as painful as it has been. Pain sure works on you.

Shirley hope you and Tig are doing good.

Lesley ready for BB season and camping yet?! It's been cold here and probably there too.

Jan, Jill, Wendy hope you ladies are all doing good.

Hugz to all.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #4214
Watercolor Wizard

Oh Silly...........OH YUM!! what an awesome recipe...my tongue is hanging out drooling....and I can`t even have the stuff.....But...I`m sure a wee bite wouldn`t hurt too much!!

My Blog
Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #4215
Stazon Splitcoast

Cake sounds yummy, Sylvia! Thanks so much for sharing!

Yep, only two weeks out of the season and I'm missing camping terribly!

Can't sleep tonight...... Anxious about our country.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #4216
Loves lavender roses

I sure missed a lot!! I'm OK. Thanks for all the prayers! It takes forever to type anything! My thumb keeps hitting the cursor pad and no telling what will happen!! LOL! Hand still hurts but not as badly. By the end of the day, it tells me I've done too much. I'm going to try to make a card today...humorous??? My love and prayers for all!!

Old 11-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #4217
Loves lavender roses

Well, I didn't make a card today. Eddie stayed home with a sore throat and cough, so I thought spending time with him was more important.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #4218
Proud Fan Club Member

It's really late and I am on my way to bed. At midnight I went downstairs and made my card for the TSC for tomorrow. Its hard for me to get to make cards on Fridays. I haven't been worth a hoot today. Not sick just blah with no motivation. I made my bed this morning, had a little breakfast and washed up the dishes from that. Cooked supper and then made my card. I hardly did anything. Oh well we all have those days now and then.

CA sorry Eddie didn't feel good but I'm sure it was nice to spend some time with him.

Hope everyone is doing good and feeling good today. Greenie hope that swelling has gone down.

Pat is off tomorrow. Yea she gets to meet Lil Audrey Ann Monday! Gets to be with her family. I'm happy for you and your hubster. If you read this will you send me Jamie's address and full name. I need your son's name too. Hugz to you Patty.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:24 AM   #4219
Stazon Splitcoast

Silly, sometimes God gives us days like that to slow us down and give us rest. Today will be a better day for you!! Your in my prayers!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 AM   #4220
Stazon Splitcoast

I see that I cheated again with my challenge card! I didn't use an ef! I try to do these from memory and I see where that gets me! Sorry sistah for cheatin'. I'm in my Time Out chair. Seems I've been here a lot lately! LOL!

Whose turn for next weeks challenge?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:05 AM   #4221
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
I see that I cheated again with my challenge card! I didn't use an ef! I try to do these from memory and I see where that gets me! Sorry sistah for cheatin'. I'm in my Time Out chair. Seems I've been here a lot lately! LOL!

Whose turn for next weeks challenge?
Yeah, Punk, I think you ENJOY that time out chair at the back of the bus next to the hot cocoa machine! Got plenty of whipped cream??

I think Silly is up for the challenge for the 16rh.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #4222
Loves lavender roses

DeAnna was in San Francisco yesterday. They did not take the drains out yet, and they got some inconclusive results, so she won't find out all the pathology results until next Friday. It looks like chemo will happen, but they still have to figure out exactly which kind, etc. She's playing a waiting game right now. Keep praying, sistahs!!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #4223
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
DeAnna was in San Francisco yesterday. They did not take the drains out yet, and they got some inconclusive results, so she won't find out all the pathology results until next Friday. It looks like chemo will happen, but they still have to figure out exactly which kind, etc. She's playing a waiting game right now. Keep praying, sistahs!!
Sistah, I'm on my knees!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #4224
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CA~ View Post
Yeah, Punk, I think you ENJOY that time out chair at the back of the bus next to the hot cocoa machine! Got plenty of whipped cream??

I think Silly is up for the challenge for the 16rh.
CA. I usually keep a can of whipped cream in my back pocket, however sometimes when I get fidgety suttin' here in the Time Out chair, the can bursts and I get a cool wet fluffy feeling......iffen you know what I mean!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #4225
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Sistah, I'm on my knees!
Thank you and bless you!

Old 11-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #4226
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
CA. I usually keep a can of whipped cream in my back pocket, however sometimes when I get fidgety suttin' here in the Time Out chair, the can bursts and I get a cool wet fluffy feeling......iffen you know what I mean!!!
Yep! I can sure visualize that!

Old 11-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #4227
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading as much as I can about what is going on with each and everyone of you and keeping you and your family in my prayers. I have and will be missing around for a couple of weeks. Thanks, CA and Sue for keeping your eye on who is up for the challenges and posting it. Things here have been crazy. DH is having shoulder replacement next week. Seems like we have kept the long stretch of highway to St Louis hot for some time now and I see no end, at this point. This week has been full of getting all the pre op testing, second opinions, etc.. We are down to the wire. Now to get all the things done that he will not be able to do and I am trying to get dt commitments done even though they say do not worry about it. I feel it is my duty to do it if at all possible.
I am about to run out of steam. Been going to bed much earlier than normal, worn out. I think it is the mental stress and worry of it all. You all take care and I will be back as soon as I can.
Love you.

Shirt

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team and Speedy Fox and Friends

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #4228
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have been reading as much as I can about what is going on with each and everyone of you and keeping you and your family in my prayers. I have and will be missing around for a couple of weeks. Thanks, CA and Sue for keeping your eye on who is up for the challenges and posting it. Things here have been crazy. DH is having shoulder replacement next week. Seems like we have kept the long stretch of highway to St Louis hot for some time now and I see no end, at this point. This week has been full of getting all the pre op testing, second opinions, etc.. We are down to the wire. Now to get all the things done that he will not be able to do and I am trying to get dt commitments done even though they say do not worry about it. I feel it is my duty to do it if at all possible.
I am about to run out of steam. Been going to bed much earlier than normal, worn out. I think it is the mental stress and worry of it all. You all take care and I will be back as soon as I can.
Love you.

Praying you up, sistah! Of course, hubby too! Just concentrate on hubby and you!!!! All else can be 2nd on your plate. LYMI!
Old 11-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #4229
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
Hi Everyone,

Love you.

Shirt
Oh, Lovely Driver, You and Tig have been in our prayers! I know it will be much better when Tig gets his new shoulder! I pray for for peace and comfort for you and certainly less stress!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #4230
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh Shirt I knew you have been stressed. I just knew. I'm sorry because it just zaps your strength and energy. Praying this replacement will be the end of the problems. You take care of yourself too. Wish I lived closer to help you out.

Girls lets do a Christmas card for next week. Either a scene or a snowman with embossing of some sort somewhere on the card. Have fun whatever you do.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #4231
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the challenge, Silly. I will try not to cheat this time!!! :P
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #4232
Watercolor Wizard

Oh a snowman sounds like fun.....maybe can emboss his nose.....lol

keeping you all in prayer..been reading the notes here...and trying to keep up...if my memory wasn't like a giant sieve...maybe it would ...(or maybe that's wood.)..lol..anyways it would remember....just learning all you girls...and all the prayer needed for what?...so I just give that to the Lord...He remembers...

Ca...its your hand right...praying thats will be good as new soon!!
and shoulder for Tig....

and of course for Sue..to stop chasing the mail man with her new knee...lol

Love & Hugs to all!!

My Blog
Old 11-10-2012, 03:53 AM   #4233
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Oh a snowman sounds like fun.....maybe can emboss his nose.....lol

keeping you all in prayer..been reading the notes here...and trying to keep up...if my memory wasn't like a giant sieve...maybe it would ...(or maybe that's wood.)..lol..anyways it would remember....just learning all you girls...and all the prayer needed for what?...so I just give that to the Lord...He remembers...

Ca...its your hand right...praying thats will be good as new soon!!
and shoulder for Tig....

and of course for Sue..to stop chasing the mail man with her new knee...lol

Love & Hugs to all!!
Yes, Jan, I had surgery on my hand. I'm supposed to get the cast off in about two and a half weeks. I did not know that Greenie was chasing the mail man!!! LOL!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #4234
Watercolor Wizard

Ya....Not sure if she caught him yet.....but I am sure every day she is improving!! LOL

My Blog

Last edited by heartsong47; 11-10-2012 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: add more
Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #4235
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Ya....Not sure if she caught him yet.....but I am sure every day she is improving!! LOL
When she gets back 100%, that guy is in trouble !!! LOL

Old 11-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #4236
Proud Fan Club Member

Yeah first she chased the Dr's and Orderlies now the mailman! Ummm did she really have that knee done or is it just a ploy to catch her a man?!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #4237
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Yeah first she chased the Dr's and Orderlies now the mailman! Ummm did she really have that knee done or is it just a ploy to catch her a man?!

Well, whatever vitamins she's taking, I want some!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #4238
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, silly, Jan, and CA, - ENOUGH already!!! LOL I have NOT been chasing doctors, nurses, orderlies, OR my mailman!! I had a good man and I am not interested nor would I be able to FIND me another one like my John!!

Still not moving fast enough to catch anything faster than a baby learning how to alligator crawl - BUT I am starting to color some images - LOL - My PT says I am doing well (just not fast enough to suit me, though I am adapting better than last week) - and that dear sistahs, is my story and I am sticking to it!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #4239
101 Airborne

Sylvia - Thanks for the recipe - I will be making that - yummerz - I'll let you know!
CA - you sound like you are adapting and overcoming - you go girl!
Lesley, your card was totally wonderful without the EF - artistic license my friend!!
Greenie, you are sounding feisty and that's a good sign and that's good news from your PT - slow and easy is best!
Pat - hoping your trip is safe and wonderful!
Jan - hope all is well for you.
And my sweet friend, Shirt - you have had lots on your plate and I know you'll be taking care of Tig - but you be sure to take care of you too!

Hugs all around, Ladies!

K.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #4240
Stazon Splitcoast

Shirt I know you have a busy weekend, and I already talked to you this morning, but wanted to do one last burst here on the bus tonight to celebrate your 113th BIRTHDAY - one more time!!

and oh my goodness, look at all those candles!!

Last edited by irishgreensue; 11-10-2012 at 05:43 PM..