Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 10:16 PM   #361
My Pinkie is Inkie in Boxertown

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBoz View Post
They are pouring the last piece of concrete right now! Yay!
Yippee. I know you are ready to get it finished.

We poured another section of concrete today. Next Sat. will finish it up. We have had a muddy mess in the driveway, way too long.

I design for
Squigglefly, Mark's Finest Paper Senior Design team and Speedy Fox and Friends

Join me for the Speedy TV Inspiration Challenge.

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:25 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgreensue View Post
Yep, your Daisy knows her Mama is taking care of her!! You are so GOOD, Shirt!

I bet tomorrow she is good as new, and ready to get on with her training!!
No training today either. She needs a break, she is still too sore. She tried to run today and she looked like she was hopping like a bunny. I tried to get her to take it easy.

Just seeing how she was and how far she has come just makes me smile. I cannot believe she is the same scared little girl who would not get near anyone. My heart just gushes when I watch her being so happy and being so eager to please. I just wish I had a crystal ball to see what happened to her before she came here. I just can't imagine why someone would be mean to her. Her worst thing is, she likes to jump on us. I just think someone just did not take the time to work with her. They just don't do things on command with no training.

Can you tell that I love her already? I know I talk about her way too much, but I am just proud of her. Thankfully DH likes her too so if we don't find a home for her, he won't pitch a fit.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Love your butt dance! I got a good laugh. Praying for Steve.

CA the picture of Eddie and his girlfriend is great. Shes pretty and he is handsome. Glad Momma is doing better.

Hi everybody. I have two of my grandkids here with me so I will be MIA. Don't get to spend as much time as I like normally because they live in KC.

Hugs to all.
Enjoy them while you have them. I know it is a fun weekend for you.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Oh Shirley that sweet Daisy, she has been through such a lot in her short little life, I bet when she woke from the anesthesia and found herself in a tiny crate it was very frightening. I think maybe she stared at you all the way home just to make sure it was real and not a dream, Bless her little heart.
She has been through a lot, but hopefully she will put that all behind her. She is just so scared of everything. It will take some time for her.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #365
Matboard Maniac

Default Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabcre8tive View Post
No training today either. She needs a break, she is still too sore. She tried to run today and she looked like she was hopping like a bunny. I tried to get her to take it easy.

Just seeing how she was and how far she has come just makes me smile. I cannot believe she is the same scared little girl who would not get near anyone. My heart just gushes when I watch her being so happy and being so eager to please. I just wish I had a crystal ball to see what happened to her before she came here. I just can't imagine why someone would be mean to her. Her worst thing is, she likes to jump on us. I just think someone just did not take the time to work with her. They just don't do things on command with no training.

Can you tell that I love her already? I know I talk about her way too much, but I am just proud of her. Thankfully DH likes her too so if we don't find a home for her, he won't pitch a fit.
Hi Shirley,

I don't really know what Daisy had done at the vets I seem to of missed that, but I am thinking perhaps you had her spayed? I can see that that little girl is becoming very precious to you, especially as you are really the only one she truly trusts, when you told me she had her eyes glued to you all the way home from the vets and was resting her head on your lap that shows she is forming a strong bonding with you right there. I think a crystal ball would be way too upsetting for you to see exactly what that sweet girl has had to cope with, I don't think God would like you to see who did what to her incase you go around to their house and whoop their ***!! God does not want you in that pokey, he needs you to take care of all your doggies
Old 10-23-2011, 12:18 AM   #366
Matboard Maniac

Hahaha I said a rude word I have some asterisks instead of the word butt begining with A and ending in S with another S in the middle! I'm so bad!!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:10 AM   #367
Loves lavender roses

Send a message via Yahoo to ~CA~

Quote:
If we don't hear from her soon, I will give the challenge. We will wait a bit longer since she has been sick.
No worries and no hurry. I'm just glad I didn't miss it!! I'm praying for Tate's health.

My Blog: Carroll's Corner
Old 10-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #368
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Hahaha I said a rude word I have some asterisks instead of the word butt begining with A and ending in S with another S in the middle! I'm so bad!!
That's not too bad - I can think of a lot worse, Chrissy!!

Heading to the galleries for some comments now! I need a break but still need to do some cards! AAAaack!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #369
Loves lavender roses

OK, here's the deal: I told myself I could NOT make any more cards or even get on my computer until I completed all the paperwork for the application for Foster Care. Well, I FINALLY got it all done, put it all in the envelope they provided and went to the post office and mailed it! What a relief to get that done! Now, I have to wait until they check my references and then schedule a home inspection. When I hear that they want to come over to do the inspection, I will get my fire extinguisher taken care of and I'll get a big tackle box and a lock for all medications. I think the house will pass other than those two things. Phew! Pray that it all goes well, please! Now, I need to start cutting everything for my Stamp Camp on Friday. Maybe I'll even make a card either today or tomorrow! Yay!!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:08 PM   #370

Default Challenge for this week.

Ok, for Tate's challenge: Definitely not pink, okay?

Let's do a one layer card.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #371
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
Ok, for Tate's challenge: Definitely not pink, okay?

Let's do a one layer card.
OH, GOODIE!!! A simple card - AND easy on the eyes - especially Tater's!! sounds good to me - we have been seeing PINK all month - for a good cause for sure, but I am all PINKED OUT!!!

If someone asked me to do a card with a piggy on it, he would probably be green or purple right now!! LOL!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:13 PM   #372

Quote:
No worries and no hurry. I'm just glad I didn't miss it!! I'm praying for Tate's health.
Yeah, I am kind of worried about her, too. Hope she checks in with us soon.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 07:14 PM   #373

Quote:
Hi Shirley,

I don't really know what Daisy had done at the vets I seem to of missed that, but I am thinking perhaps you had her spayed? I can see that that little girl is becoming very precious to you, especially as you are really the only one she truly trusts, when you told me she had her eyes glued to you all the way home from the vets and was resting her head on your lap that shows she is forming a strong bonding with you right there. I think a crystal ball would be way too upsetting for you to see exactly what that sweet girl has had to cope with, I don't think God would like you to see who did what to her incase you go around to their house and whoop their ***!! God does not want you in that pokey, he needs you to take care of all your doggies
Yes, she was spayed. I don't see any bad words. Astericks are not bad words. LOL

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-23-2011, 07:16 PM   #374
Proud Fan Club Member

Hi all. Yes I've been concerned about Tater too. She always drops in and her being sick is the last thing we've heard.

I am whooped tonight. I had my grandkids here then my daughter came over today to visit and I cooked lunch. Then the kids left and Tara and I went to my stamping room and made a small box and Christmas tags to fill it. This is for the class I am going to do for the Senior Center. Then I had my room to clean up, more dishes to do etc. I'm not complaining just telling you why I'm so tired. I had a great weekend being with my family. My husband has been gone two days and I'm ready for him to come home! He won't be back until Friday.

Off to bed.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #375
Stazon Splitcoast

I have had her on my mind and in my prayers all week - its not like her not to check in at least with a quick note!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM   #376
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Busy weekend Silly! Yep, the grandkids wear ALL of us out, but its a good kind of worn out!! Hope you get a good rest tonight and are back to normal tomorrow - how is the weather out there - it started to get pretty chilly here!!
OK, enough break time, back to finishing up my card and/or putting some of the stuff I dragged out away!!

Have a good night everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
Hi all. Yes I've been concerned about Tater too. She always drops in and her being sick is the last thing we've heard.

I am whooped tonight. I had my grandkids here then my daughter came over today to visit and I cooked lunch. Then the kids left and Tara and I went to my stamping room and made a small box and Christmas tags to fill it. This is for the class I am going to do for the Senior Center. Then I had my room to clean up, more dishes to do etc. I'm not complaining just telling you why I'm so tired. I had a great weekend being with my family. My husband has been gone two days and I'm ready for him to come home! He won't be back until Friday.

Off to bed.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:54 AM   #377
Stazon Splitcoast

I just opened up an e-mail that Tater sent to us.....I didn't realize that she was in the hospital....she must have been so sick! Tater Tot.....I'm praying you up good, sistah!!! You get better, ya' hear?????
Kookzi the Rookzie Punchkateer
It is by the grace of God that we take our next breath.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #378
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a note on Steve....He went to Hospice last week and today he is home! They were able to stabilize him enough to bring him home yesterday. His pain is under better control and with different meds, his confusion is so bad. YAY for now!!! I sent him an E-mail asking if I can come see him....I'm just waiting for his answer. When I saw him last here at the hospital (where we work) he told me that he didn't want visitors. That was August 18th. I'm hoping that he has changed his mind by now. We have kept in touch through E-mail and FB, but I want to hear his voice and actually see him! I miss him so! Thank you, my sweet, sweet friends, for your tireless prayers! You all are my HERO-ettes!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #379
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleygo View Post
I just opened up an e-mail that Tater sent to us.....I didn't realize that she was in the hospital....she must have been so sick! Tater Tot.....I'm praying you up good, sistah!!! You get better, ya' hear?????

Same here. I didn't know Tate was in the hospital either! Tate, you're in our prayers for sure!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #380
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
Just a note on Steve....He went to Hospice last week and today he is home! They were able to stabilize him enough to bring him home yesterday. His pain is under better control and with different meds, his confusion is so bad. YAY for now!!! I sent him an E-mail asking if I can come see him....I'm just waiting for his answer. When I saw him last here at the hospital (where we work) he told me that he didn't want visitors. That was August 18th. I'm hoping that he has changed his mind by now. We have kept in touch through E-mail and FB, but I want to hear his voice and actually see him! I miss him so! Thank you, my sweet, sweet friends, for your tireless prayers! You all are my HERO-ettes!!!!!!!
Glad to hear Steve is back home. That should help. Still praying.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 AM   #381
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I just opened an answer from Tater from an email I sent her too, saying she is alive but 'still' in the hospital when did that happen??? I've been worried all week since she usually drops in with a quick line just to say hi, Anyone else hear from her?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:35 AM   #382
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
I just opened an answer from Tater from an email I sent her too, saying she is alive but 'still' in the hospital when did that happen??? I've been worried all week since she usually drops in with a quick line just to say hi, Anyone else hear from her?
I got the same "answer" email, but her being in the hospital was a shock to me! I have no idea why she's there. Maybe our lovely driver has spoken to her over the phone or maybe Pat. I'm praying!!

Old 10-24-2011, 08:43 AM   #383

Quote:
I got the same "answer" email, but her being in the hospital was a shock to me! I have no idea why she's there. Maybe our lovely driver has spoken to her over the phone or maybe Pat. I'm praying!!
I had no idea that she is in the hospital. Praying she will be home soon.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-24-2011, 08:47 AM   #384
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
I had no idea that she is in the hospital. Praying she will be home soon.
Got another email from Tate. She thought it was a virus, but it's cellulitis. They did a scan, and it's not in the bone (praise the Lord). My mom was in the hospital for that last year. They kept her for 3 or 4 days on I.V. antibiotics. I'm sure Tate will be home soon. We'll all keep praying.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:51 AM   #385

Default Challenge list for Nov, Dec, Jan

November 4th - Green One
11th - Pat
18th - Brat
25th - Lesley

December 2nd - Shirt
9th - Kathy
16th - Silly
23rd - CA
30th - Tate

January 6th - Pat
13th - Brat
20th - Lesley
27th - Shirt

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #386
Loves lavender roses

Quote:
November 4th - Green One
11th - Pat
18th - Brat
25th - Lesley

December 2nd - Shirt
9th - Kathy
16th - Silly
23rd - CA
30th - Tate

January 6th - Pat
13th - Brat
20th - Lesley
27th - Shirt
Wow! Lovely Driver! You are thinking ahead!! Thank you!!

Old 10-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #387
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Default Sweet Tater

Sisters,

Sorry I am MIA, as usual. Many things are changing around here, and I am having to step back from many things to give the nerves in my hands a chance to heal. I am peeking in to pray you all up, and celebrate your praises as well.

I talked to Sweet Tater this morning on my way to work, and she will be in the hospital for 5-6 weeks. Sisters, you know we need to pray this up big time. Last Friday her mama drove herself to visit Tates, and was busting around, cleaning her room and caring for her baby. I think that is so precious! Her mom stopped and giggled, and when Phyllis asked her what she was laughing a bout, she said "this is backwards- you always take care of me." Love that woman! You can send Tater a card here:

Central Texas Medical Center
1301 WONDER WORLD DRIVE
SAN MARCOS, TX 78667
Room 320

I made a decision to step down from ODBD, and this next Fri is my last upload for them. This made me so sad, but it is best, and I need to take care of myself. I am wrapping up my last obligations and plan on sitting back for awhile, so I won't be able to do my TSC Shirt. I am sorry about that too. I can still stamp, but the commenting kills me!

Sending you all much love. I will keep in touch.
LYMI X a bazillion,
Pat
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #388
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmethers View Post
Sisters,

Sorry I am MIA, as usual. Many things are changing around here, and I am having to step back from many things to give the nerves in my hands a chance to heal. I am peeking in to pray you all up, and celebrate your praises as well.

I talked to Sweet Tater this morning on my way to work, and she will be in the hospital for 5-6 weeks. Sisters, you know we need to pray this up big time. Last Friday her mama drove herself to visit Tates, and was busting around, cleaning her room and caring for her baby. I think that is so precious! Her mom stopped and giggled, and when Phyllis asked her what she was laughing a bout, she said "this is backwards- you always take care of me." Love that woman! You can send Tater a card here:

1301 WONDER WORLD DRIVE
SAN MARCOS, TX 78667
Room 320

I made a decision to step down from ODBD, and this next Fri is my last upload for them. This made me so sad, but it is best, and I need to take care of myself. I am wrapping up my last obligations and plan on sitting back for awhile, so I won't be able to do my TSC Shirt. I am sorry about that too. I can still stamp, but the commenting kills me!

Sending you all much love. I will keep in touch.
LYMI X a bazillion,
Pat
Oh Sissy....I'm so sorry that you have to take a wittle break! Praying you up right now!

Thanks so much for writing to us about Sweet poTATER TOT! I know it must have hurt you to write it! I will get a card off to her straight away! 5-6 weeks???? Yikes! All of this from cellulitis??? WOW! I'm praying her up right now too!

Lots of love and prayers coming your way, Sissy!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #389

Quote:
Wow! Lovely Driver! You are thinking ahead!! Thank you!!
Your very welcome, Bestest halo shiner. I figured it best to take it through the holidays so I don't forget to post it.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #390

Quote:
Sisters,

1301 WONDER WORLD DRIVE
SAN MARCOS, TX 78667
Room 320

I made a decision to step down from ODBD, and this next Fri is my last upload for them. This made me so sad, but it is best, and I need to take care of
myself. I am wrapping up my last obligations and plan on sitting back for awhile, so I won't be able to do my TSC Shirt. I am sorry about that too. I can still stamp, but the commenting kills me.Sending you all much love. I will keep in touch.
LYMI X a bazillion,
Pat
Will be praying for Tate, that is a long time to be in the hospital.

Will miss you and will be praying for a healing of your hands.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-24-2011, 04:35 PM   #391
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Stamp Like You Mean It

Default Sweet Tater Going H-O-M-E!!!

Ok Sistahs, I got a text from Sweet Tater this afternoon, who informed me that she will be going HOME tomorrow! Wooo-hooo! Shirt & I had a "conference" call with that sweet gal today, and Sisters, I am telling you- this is miracle stuff! Tell me that stormin' the heavens don't work! Lol! Phyllis is still in pain, and the AC at the hosp is giving her asthma fits, so keep her in prayer.

So, your cards can go to Tater's home address. Lawdy, this has been a goood day! Love ya bunches!!!!
"The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun scorched land and strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden." Isaiah 58:11
Old 10-24-2011, 04:36 PM   #392

Quote:
Ok Sistahs, I got a text from Sweet Tater this afternoon, who informed me that she will be going HOME tomorrow! Wooo-hooo! Shirt & I had a "conference" call with that sweet gal today, and Sisters, I am telling you- this is miracle stuff! Tell me that stormin' the heavens don't work! Lol! Phyllis is still in pain, and the AC at the hosp is giving her asthma fits, so keep her in prayer.

So, your cards can go to Tater's home address. Lawdy, this has been a goood day! Love ya bunches!!!!
Yippee. God is still working those miracles.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-24-2011, 04:44 PM   #393
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with Shirt......YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #394

I may not be uploading anymore cards on SCS. I had problems before and then changed the settings on the camera where they should be. Well, I have had problems off and on since then. Now it will not let me upload my cards. Says it is too big. It is the exact way I have been doing it. I contacted them about it, but have not heard anything back.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #395
Stazon Splitcoast

Gooooood day indeed!

We are constantly BLESSED by miracles because of our Father's Love for us -

Keeping you in our prayers for relief of the pain and the asthma! Hang in there Tater!!
We love ya bunches!! prayers for Gunner too - to take good care of his Doodles!
Old 10-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #396
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

Quote:
I may not be uploading anymore cards on SCS. I had problems before and then changed the settings on the camera where they should be. Well, I have had problems off and on since then. Now it will not let me upload my cards. Says it is too big. It is the exact way I have been doing it. I contacted them about it, but have not heard anything back.
Hey Shirt - go straight to Lydia - she can solve ANYTHING!! More than likely, it is a problem on SCS that they have to fix, since you are not doing anything different. Here's the thread to go to for help from her!! -

Site Support, Technical ?s and Suggestions - Splitcoaststampers
Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM   #397
101 Airborne

Hey Shirt,
I just saw your PM about your cards and SCS. I use a program I downloaded for free called PIXresizer - and I resize my pic before I save it. I save it at 33% and (except for the SF challenge card on SCS today which was my fault) - it reduces the card so I can save it and upload it to SCS. So, if for some reason you don't get a workable solution, you might try that. It is only a 1 screen thing - it opens up - you pull in your picture, I set it at 33% and then type in my info as to how I want to store it. Then I pull up Paint.net (free too) and save it in that program. I had trouble in the beginning and someone (can't remember who - gave me this information) and I have been using it ever since. There is probably a much easier way - but it's the way I started because it wouldn't take my pictures - said they were "too big".

FYI

That's good news about Tater going home tomorrow. Will send a card to her.

Pat, so sorry you are having trouble with your hands and that you have to step down from ODBD - your cards are always so gorgeous!

Lesley, hope you get to see Steve and glad your DH is better.

Hugs all around.

K.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #398

Quote:
Hey Shirt - go straight to Lydia - she can solve ANYTHING!! More than likely, it is a problem on SCS that they have to fix, since you are not doing anything different. Here's the thread to go to for help from her!! -

Site Support, Technical ?s and Suggestions - Splitcoaststampers
I just heard back from Lydia. I have sent her more details. Evidently she does not think it is a tech problem on SCS.

I hate when these things happen. It would help if I could figure out how many pixels my picture is.

I design for

My Pinkie is Inkie Blog
Old 10-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #399
101 Airborne

Shirt,
One way to figure out how many pixels per picture is: You can right click on your picture saved - then click properties and then click summary tab. The information given to you will be height and width in pixels per inch - say, for example - 3456 and 2304 and then multiply the 2 figures to get the total number of pixels for your picture. FYI. Hugs, K.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #400
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh my gosh poor Tater. I'm so glad Shirt and Pat talked to her! She had to be really sick because in this day and age you have to be half dead b4 they even consider admitting you.

Pat I'm so sorry you had to give up ODBD because I know your heart is there. Don't worry about commenting on our cards. If you can stamp please do. I, and I am sure others feel the same way, understand about you not commenting. Your cards are such a blessing to me I would be sad not to see you in the challenge. I am already missing Brat and if you aren't here too...it would just make me sad. We love you and are praying for your hands to be healed.

Lesley I hope you get to see Steve. How is your husband doing?

Shirt thanks for the schedule. Hope you and Daisey are doing good!

Kathy thank you for lighting candles for us. You're a sweetie.

Greenie you are one busy lady. I have to go check out your gallery because somehow I missed your card for ODBD last Saturday. I went Christmas shopping today and went to HL and Mikes and bought myself several things. New Nesties and two new MS punches. Like I need them! Both of those stores are having awesome sales. This week at HL most things in the store are 40-50% off. Not Copics of course! Mikes is having big sales too. Well I got my grandson's shopping done today. He is always the hardest for me.

I have the best recipe for a Gingerbread Cake. First I live about two miles from an Amish community and I always go by fresh sorghum every fall. I got this recipe out of a cook book from San Francisco about 25 years ago. I use the sorghum in place of molasses. I made it yesterday. I wish I could send you all a slice with whipped cream on the top!