Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By diecuts4u
  • 1 Post By mother's daughter
  • 1 Post By NancyJ
  • 1 Post By Kate Stamps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to diecuts4u
Default Tell your Bliss about being Retired!!!!!

I just retired a few weeks ago and am pinching myself that I don't have to head off to work each day. I have so many things to catch up on and crafting to do I don't know where to start, my head is spinning. I was always an avid craft shopper and know that not working and mega shopping don't add up so I have put my mindset in a place where I don't need to shop It is more important to me to be home, be able to sleep in if I want and feel so at peace. I actually went for a check up and since retiring my blood pressure has taken a nose dive almost normal..........work can be stressful.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE BEST ABOUT BEING A RETIRED crafter??
chime in and let me know.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
buggainok likes this post.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

Simple, TIME! I got to enjoy retirement for 3 1/2 years before the DH retired, it was Bliss! Now, I have to fit the DH into that time.

Have fun and be creative!

Jennifer
Old 09-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Stampin' Fool

Yes, it's certainly time. Time to do or not do whatever you want. I love not getting up at 5AM. I love going out in the middle of the day and not having to do errands quickly after work. My crafting is more in my imagination lately, but I have the time to get to it if I want to.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
Kookie Creator

I was able to retire a bit early. I was just over 61. It will soon be 12 years ago that I retired and I am so happy. I love being able to stay in on a rainy day, take my dogs for a walk in the morning instead of heading out to work, I can attend a wonderful Wednesday morning bible study, I can put off my laundry till tomorrow because I don't need to get clothes done on any schedule. My husband retired before I did and I wanted to retire young enough to have some time together. We can go out to lunch any day of the week and not rush... we even have time for a few errands afterwards. I have great grandchildren and can see them anytime. I can hang out on the internet whenever I want to and participate in boards like this one. I can go to stamping parties or to my LLS for a class during the week and I don't have to sacrifice something else to go on a Saturday. I can leave my stamp room in a mess because I always have tomorrow to clean it up. So.... I guess I better go clean it up so I can work out there this afternoon. I hope you enjoy every day of your retirement.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Watercolor Wizard

I agree with everything you gals have said about the joys of retirement!

My last job was a great one. I was executive assistant to the director of the Oklahoma Press Association. My boss was a wonderful man, kind of quirky and demanding, but very kind and fun to work for. I got to travel some, to newspapers across the state, and it was not your typical 9 to 5 job. I enjoyed my co-workers and have close friends who still work there.

But.....I love, love, love being retired. Like everyone has said, my time is my own now. I have always been a night owl, and stayed up too late even when I was working. I sure hated hearing that alarm clock every morning.

My job required a professional appearance, because we met with politicians and business leaders. I had to go through the high heels and pantyhose routine. My hair, nails and makeup had to look good every day.

Now, I can stay up as late as I want making cards, sewing, or reading until 2:00 am if I feel like it, knowing I can sleep in, and not have to hit the deck at 6 in the morning and get myself together! Heavenly.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast

You are all soooooooooo lucky!!! I get a taste of what retirement would be like every weekend!!! My only stamper friends are retired ones because they are the only ones who can accomodate my weird schedule!