Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2004, 03:31 AM   #1
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default The Tearing Edge - Episode 20

When last we saw Vicky, she had just received flowers from John, with an invitation to dinner. But there was no phone number; John had forgotten to write it on the card!

Vicky had spent a fruitless 2 hours trying every way she knew to try to get John's phone number. She had called UPS, the hospital where John had been treated, every outlet she could think of. Everyone she had spoken to had been very pleasant, but could not give out personal information of that nature. She had called every John Porter in the phone book with no results at all and now her dialing finger was sore. Vicky fumed. How could John have forgotten such an important thing? Frustrated she grabbed her purse, ran out the door, and jumped in her car. Sometimes, aimlessly driving around was very helpful in calming her and allowing her to think. Vicky pulled out into traffic.

As Vicky turned corners and stopped at stoplights, she let her mind dwell on John; on how strong he was, how the hair on his arms glinted against his tan skin, how polite he was, how great his smile was. She felt a smile playing at the corners of her mouth, but it quickly turned into a tremulous frown as she pushed the tears away from the corners of her eyes. Vicky pulled over to the side of the road and parked the car, leaning her head against the wheel as she fought to control the sobs that threatened to rise again within her.

As she sat there, she heard a truck pull up ahead of her and stop. Vicky glanced up and did a double-take. It was a UPS truck! Vicky had never been so glad to see the color brown before! Usually, she made jokes with her friends about her dislike for that color; her favorite one was "Brown isn't a color, it's a DISEASE!" She very rarely used the Close to Cocoa or other brown ink pads in her supplies as she disliked brown so much, having grown up in the seventies, where EVERYTHING was brown, brown, brown. Vicky had lived in apartments with brown carpeting, worn brown clothing bought by her color-challenged mother and had sworn as soon as she could afford it, to never, never wear brown clothing again or live in a house with brown ANYTHING. But now she gazed lovingly on the UPS truck; now brown, for her, was the color of LOVE!

Vicky held her breath as the driver climbed down with a box. Could it be? Could it be.....John?

Was the UPS driver John, or another man? If it is and things go well, will Vicky marry John? Will she dress all her bridesmaids in brown dresses, now that it is the color of LOVE?!? Will she finally have to order reinkers for all those brown pads? Only time (and another episode) will tell on.....the Tearing Edge!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-04-2004, 04:18 AM   #2
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Jan!!! These two are DESTINED to be together!!! Please please please don't tell us they are brother and sister or something like that!
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Old 10-04-2004, 05:06 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via MSN to stampinthyme

Don't do this to me... I'm on the edge of my seat. My heart is racing and and ..... now it's over. How can one woman be so wonderful and so evil all at once.

Jan you're the best, keep it coming....

Cheers,
Lisa
Old 10-04-2004, 05:09 AM   #4

Did anyone see "Desperate Housewives" last night? For some reason, I've got Vicki's "picture" in my head, now, as Teri Hatcher's character! Can't you just see it??
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Old 10-04-2004, 05:21 AM   #5
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to girlygirl

I'm on the edge of my seat!

I saw Desperate Housewives...I thought it was entertaining!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:05 AM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Jan - you keep me on the 'tearing edge' of my seat! But - a wedding with brown bridesmaid dresses? Not exactly my idea of a great photo op. Somehow, I bet you'll make it work!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:29 AM   #7

Oh, Sue, but Creamy Caramel dresses with long Close to Cocoa scarves, the kind that go around the neck and drape very long down the back, wouldn't be half bad! Goodness, it's a good thing I got married almost 15 years ago, or I'd be getting new color ideas.......
Old 10-04-2004, 07:18 AM   #8
Hardware Hotshot

Oh My Gosh! I'm on the floor rolling! It's a good thing that I wasn't drinking anything or it would have been on the screen and the walls and the floor! Jan, I too am on the edge of my seat. Please just a bit more. Brown brides maids dresses---the color of Love!!!! Hehehehe....

Kim
Old 10-04-2004, 07:37 AM   #9
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Nooooooooo!!! Please let it be John!! Vicky has been tortured enough!!

Old 10-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now ---- MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:55 AM   #11
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via MSN to KarenInKali

Jan, we're all HOOKED!!! I have to admit - I had been away from this site for a couple of weeks, and when I started back this week, the FIRST THING I DID was do a forum search for TEARING EDGE!!!!! I think I missed three episodes, but am now all caught up, in order, and ready for more!

Karen

BLINGO
Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 PM   #12
Mad Swapper

Jan, this is hilarious...but I see that you've heard that from lots of people. The first few times I saw the post with "The Tearing Edge - Episode ...", I thought someone was having issues with their product. I went back and read all the episodes and am ready for...

MORE!

Thanks and brava!

Martha