Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2005, 10:36 AM   #1
Inking Addict

Talking Stamping Injuries Anyone?? Revisited #2

Hi to my fellow injured stampers or those who gave me encouragement these past two months! Remember, I'm the one who actually fell into my stamping room! Right off the ladder with two bags of ribbon in my hands.

I FINALLY had my knee surgery yesterday! ACL/hamstring graft. Ouch! My leg is all bandaged and I have this cool thing called a cryo-cuff around my knee. Keeps ice water on my knee without the messy ice packs, etc. I'm recouping here on the couch with my laptop and my Percocet (wanted to add a smiley here!)
I know, I know, I've read the warnings on this specific medication...
1. Reflexes, coordination and judgment may be impaired. = no ink around the edges, stamping rhythm may be off and my color combo's may be erratic.
2. Do not make important personal or business decisions... = do NOT complete that 12x12 LO with every embellishment I own and DO NOT sign up to be a SU demo today.
Guess I'll have to wait awhile..but I have all of you to keep me inspired w/o actually lifting a stamp. Thank you!
I thought it would be weeks until I could get to my stamping room again but I am almost off crutches already and in 2-3 days I'll be able to hobble down, put my foot up, and get into it again. Until then... HAPPY stamping !
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:28 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

i love the cryo-cuff, i had something similar after knee surgery too! i still strap that baby on if i've worked out a lot and the knee is hurting. all i can say is do what the doctors and the physical therapists say. and before long, it will be a distant memory. hang in there and good luck!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java-gurl
I know, I know, I've read the warnings on this specific medication...
1. Reflexes, coordination and judgment may be impaired. = no ink around the edges, stamping rhythm may be off and my color combo's may be erratic.
2. Do not make important personal or business decisions... = do NOT complete that 12x12 LO with every embellishment I own and DO NOT sign up to be a SU demo today.
You are hilarious. I will come and stamp with you anytime!
Old 04-28-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

Good luck with your recovery. The worse thing I do is for some reason rub the skin off my elbow on the table. Still haven't figured out what I'm doing.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
Mad Swapper

Speedy recovery to you! Be careful you don't overdo on the activities, though. Sometimes the 2nd day after surgery can be when some pain sets in...keep taking your pain meds so it never gets ahead of you.