Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Crimping Master

Default Spanx! Where have I been??

Does anyone wear these!?!?!? I must have been living under a rock until yesterday! I went clothes shopping for my Birthday and as I was looking at myself in a lovely sweater, I mentioned to the sales lady that I liked it but did not like it on ME. She said "Oh, you should try some Spanx!" and she brought them over to me. I looked and said "Yeah, I'm gonna need a bigger size, no way those can stretch THAT much!" and we went to go try some on. OH MY GOSH! Once I crammed my not-so-little hiney into them I was so happy with what I saw! I just now whittled into them and thought I would try on a few tops that I have and don't wear because of...imperfections...and WOAH I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe! Not sure I will be going to the bathroom anytime soon...it will probably take 10 minutes! Is that why ladies take SO LONG in the Ladies Room??? Busy pullin' up those Spanx?? hahaha!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Pearl-ExPert

They're great aren't they? I discovered them this year too.
They just make you feel good
Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
Forum Fanatic

I discovered them this year as well. I have a Spanx brand and a few knock off brands from Wally World. I wear them under a few different pieces that don't hid as well as I would like, a non-patterned pencil skirt to name one. I don't have a top Spanx yet. One of my coworkers swears by the top part, too, and says she wears it everyday. I can't decide if I would feel like I were suffocating with the top part Spanxed! LOL
Old 12-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #4
Stampin' Fool

How do you know what size to buy?
Old 12-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to calgramma Send a message via MSN to calgramma

They are the bomb.....and the ones that Target sells are the same. I've been wearing them for several years and bought mine before Target, so paid through the nose at Nordstrom for them.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Crimping Master

I got a top one at Walmart and like it more. So much more that I returned the almost full body one. After wearing it all day, I felt sick. I called the store and they said it was too small and to bring it back and exchange. The bigger size felt too big so I just exchanged for a sweater I do love the top one, it goes under your bra so it kind of lifts up the ladies FABO!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #7
Inking Addict

The mere mention of Spanx brings back memories of girdles. I've tried Spanx several times and just feel "tight"...which may be the entire reason to wear them, Ha! Now that I'm a tad bit older, I have discovered "Yummy Tummy" which is similar to Spanx. I buy the tops because they're long enough so my middle-aged muffin top is held in place and I don't show skin whenever I move. Seriously, who thinks anyone over the age of 10 looks attractive in the low-waisted pants & shorter tops?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to dorothyjane

Love them. I have two different tops. I like the crisscross one better.. The other one kind of makes me look like I have an uniboob. I wore a full body under my dress for my sons wedding. Made me look much nicer. I find the tops come down far enough to help with th muffin top. Have not tried the other brands thogh.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorothyjane View Post
The other one kind of makes me look like I have an uniboob. .
Oh my gosh, that one made me crack up! I needed that laugh tonight, that was great. Uniboob. I love it!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
Forum Fanatic

I have a spanx top but don't really like it. I looked at the Yummy Tummy site and I so wish these companies would use models that really need the garments. Not stick thin ones that look good without them. I know that infomercial uses average size ladies but I can't remember the name of the company.

my blog -- my recipes ♥ Victoria's Avon Walk for Breast Cancer site ♥