Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Default STOLEN apples! L@@K HERE!

Once there was a woman named Jane.

Jane was invited to an apple party. At the party, she partook of Suzies wonderful apple creations. Of course, Suzie didn't actually create the actual apple, but she showed all her new acquaintances all her apple creations. This was her business doing something she loved. She really enjoyed her hard work, time, effort and energy she put into creating all the apple delicacies that night. It took a lot of planning, and during the year, she worked hard. She kept track of all her expenses, she even put up her own money in the beginning to become an apple grower. At the end of the year she would file her taxes, ugh, more work. But it was worth it to feel the pride of owning her own business and sharing such delightful apple delicacies with others. Suzie knew she and others who made a lot of money doing it, but she realized she may not, but she did it anyway.

So she decided to sign up to grow her own apple farm and produce the wonderful apple delicacies. Suzie signed up promising to abide by certain ways of conduct and honesty. This new job was worth it though, because she loved apples and loved sharing this new found joy with people. She put alot of her own money and time into her new business. Her family sacrificed their time with Suzie at night when she did her shows because they knew it made her happy. Sometimes, Suzie would bring the leftovers home to share, and boy did they love to eat the apple delicacies, or even cut the apples and stamp with them to go into their scrapbooks detailing the beginnings of the apple farm. It was rewarding work, but in different ways. Suzies husband still worked, as most husbands do.

Suzie worked hard in her farm. She started with little seeds. She tilled the land, watered it, planted the seeds, took care of the trees and finally produced beautiful apples.

Well, Jane went to the party and fell in love with the apples too. She said, wow, this Suzie is amazing. She bought a slice of pie, and some apple crisp, and learned a couple of recipes to take home to her family so she could share with them. She didn't sign up, but she was a good customer.

One day Jane was walking by Suzies farm, and said,

"Hmm... new apples. The other ones were red. Suzie told us that she was planting new apples, but these weren't going to be released for a few more weeks, until she had planned her party. These look extra juicy! It seems that Suzie is doing really well. I bet I could do well too and make a few extra bucks and/or share this new surprise with the other customers. After all, they are only apples. She didn't really MAKE the apples herself. Nature did, right? What's the big deal?"

So Jane went home and grabbed a basket and returned and took just a little basket of apples. She couldn't wait to show everyone the new bright green apples, and the different recipes she could make with them. Oh, and they tasted different in the recipes because they were more tart than the red ones.

Some people flocked to Jane, and praised her for sharing. Jane really liked all the new attention she was getting.

But someone said to her, "Hey, aren't these Suzie's apples? Don't you think that is wrong? You know, there are laws that protect the farmers from stealing."

But Jane said, "Come on, what's the big deal? I only took a few apples! Not the whole farm! I don't do this ALL the time. Besides, we were going to find out anyway! What's the big deal? I only took a few! Besides you can buy other apples at stores anyway."

Some people just shook their head and realized that Jane did not "get it". Jane had undermined Suzies time, hard work and dedication to her farm and her customers. Not only that, Jane may have hurt Suzies sales of her apples (which she needed to keep running the apple farm) and ruined the surprise and wonderful feelings everyone got when they went to Suzies parties. Suzie put a lot of time preparing, baking, cleaning her house, her families sacrifice in time etc.... and lastly the joy. Not only that, Suzie had special events planned for the reveal of the new apples, and now that people had a taste of the new apples, the sales on her other apples were hurting.

Suzie found out about this and was really hurt. She lost some of the joy she had when she shared. People weren't as excited at her parties because they "knew" the surprise already and had TASTED of it. Her customer base was beginning to feel a little shaky. Suzie had been betrayed. Her loyal customers kept coming back. But...yet..overall... there was this feeling of hurt hanging over everyone. Things just weren't as joyful as they used to be.

Unfortunately, because of the circumstances time and effort it would take to make Jane accountable for her actions... it never happened. Jane moved on and never thought twice about what she did.

We don't know if Jane continued on with her pattern of behavior or realized what she did was wrong and stopped. But we for sure know there will always be a "Jane" out there. Many "Suzies" will get hurt. More than the "Jane's" will ever realize.

Joy is priceless. Respect for one another is priceless. In the farming community, hard work dedication, time, effort and love often go for pennies on the dollar, even if that.

When you try to DO THE RIGHT thing, you can prevent yourself from becoming a Jane.

Anyone can turn away from the crooked path at anytime, and walk the straight and narrow, having respect for others, no matter what it is they do.

RESPECT. It's called DOING THE RIGHT THING.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:58 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

Woohoo! What a great way to show the light of what is happening here! Thanks for sharing this!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

I think this is my favorite apple story Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-28-2005, 09:18 AM   #4
Stampin' Fool

Smile Someone asked who the "Jane" was I was referring to...

Someone asked me who the "Jane" was that I was referring to. I wanted to let everyone know that it is no one in particular. That we can all be capable of being a Jane if we allow ourselves to be.

From selling current merchandise on ebay, to taking pictures of other peoples work and posting for sale as yours, to breaking copyright laws, to sharing suprises before they are due. To not following through on a trade that you agreed upon, or take advantage of the hosts of this site.

Or even in real life.

The point is, to look within ourselves, and no matter where we are, at work or play, to do the right thing. Honesty and integrity above all things.

I know that some people thought that the person posting the summer mini pics on the board were two of our beloved sister stampers.

If you don't know, don't accuse.

Learn to respect eachother whether you are a customer or a demo, whether you use SU! products or not, whether you are a non-christian or a christian.

We need to bring the lightness and joy back into this site, or we will tear eachother apart.

If you abide by the TOS, and just by "doing the right thing" we can recover from anything and keep this place a happy place to be.

I am willing to work on it. This place is WORTH it. The people here are WORTH it. Are you?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:30 AM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

Is this in reference to CASEing? Or leaking the new colours early, or specials, etc.?
Old 04-28-2005, 09:40 AM   #6
Embossing Fanatic

I agree... I would Hate to see this site shut down just because a bunch of people that dissagree on issue's... Right, Wrong or otherwise...
Old 04-28-2005, 09:41 AM   #7
RAGIN' CAJUN WANNABE

If I could reach you I would "HUG YOU".
Old 04-28-2005, 09:45 AM   #8
Crimping Master

Send a message via AIM to tanyawilliam

Loved the story!!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #9
Stampin' Fool

Default (((((Hugs))))))

(((((Hugs))))) right back!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #10
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Thank you Helen! I want my old SCS back! I hardly ever go to the forums anymore, post even less.

my gallery - my blog
Old 04-28-2005, 10:20 AM   #11
Matboard Maniac

Wink

Ditto, Beate!!!!!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:20 AM   #12
Stampin' Fool

Smile Beate...

I've noticed... I want the old SCS back too! We all need to take a hard look at ourselves, and just shape it up!

We need to be accountable to ourselves and let good conscience be our guide!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:32 AM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess

That was really a great read, thank you!

Koren

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/koren_n
Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #14
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to shari stamper Send a message via Yahoo to shari stamper

I don't think it is in direct reference to "CASEing." At least to me, CASEing is when you love someone's idea, copy it, yet give them proper credit for their creation. Or, you like their idea but tweek it a bit to be more your own. This site is intended for the sharing of ideas so we don't have to "recreate the wheel." What Jane did was outright thievery - she stole apples and then passed them off as her own, to gloat in all the glory for herself without giving appropriate "props" to the owner, creator, etc. I know that when I have copied something directly off of this site (say the wonderful OSW templates), I gave my customers a handout with this site listed, how to gain access to the info, and who the author was. Maybe it's just me, but I'd feel horrible taking someone's idea and passing it off as my own. That's heinous!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:43 AM   #15
Stampin' Fool

Default This is a simple tale...

Of doing the right thing and letting a good conscience be your guide, whether in cyberspace or real life.

Respecting others and being respectable, honesty and integrity in all that you do.