Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2015, 06:19 AM   #1
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Send a message via Yahoo to Serenity_Stamper
Default Serenity chatting

This is an experiment. I am going to invite some people here to chat.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-14-2015, 06:32 AM   #2

Hi - this is a public site for a community of stampers. The site has a lot of stuff on it... A beautiful and varied gallery, various chat rooms related to various topics. In this area I know there are threads going with groups of friends who visit regularly. I thought I would set this up and invite my friends ..... I know many of us go online every day and visit various boards or communities anyway. Maybe this could be one more stop for a hello. Or, maybe not too

I've got a super busy weekend planned with volunteer activities. My art area is a mess and it is calling my name to come play! I took some art supplies to work and I think I might have left them there but I guess I have enough other things on hand to tide me over for a few days.

Rock on. Hope you join in the conversation. Blessings.
beaddict and debzi333 like this post.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:59 AM   #3
Full of Malarky

What a great idea, Lela! My art area is also a mess and though I'm behind with my cards I've got a lot of ideas and several cards on the go - just need putting together. I too have few things I have to this weekend, so I suspect my cards will have to wait. We are finally getting a flat screen TV and the guy who comes in to hook up our new " Optik TV" and PVR will be here for a couple of hours. I have to clean the house first!

I'm excited to get to some of my new stamps as I took a class lately in which we partly use distress inks with stencila and also watercolour with watercolour with markers. I do love to colour!
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
Old 03-14-2015, 07:21 AM   #4

I am going o go look up Stencila. It's funny, I suggested we have a couple friends over for the SuperBowl - and DH decided we needed a new t.v. ... It is some new technology - beautiful clarity. And another plus is I inherited the old t.v. I am putting it in the room where I teach classes, and I will hook up Apple t.v. I subscribe to so many online classes - maybe I will show snippets in my classes to expose people to different artists and techniques.

Do you upload to your gallery? Hope to see your creations.mthanks for commenting on my recent WOW! Swap card - I made a similar version for my mom, turning 85!
Old 03-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #5

You must mean stencils. Cool. I LOVE Ranger, stencils, distressing.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #6

Leaving the bright sunshine soon - and heading into the stamping/craft area. I need to get prepped for a gathering on Monday night.
Oh yeah - and it needs cleaning.
And I need to write thank you cards.
And I want to make thank you cards.
And birthday cards for ds and dil.

And I probably should schedule an emotional breakdown for some point during the day. They seem to be regular occurrences lately. The latest was yesterday, when the sewer 'burped' onto the basement floor. James always took care of 'those things'.

Sorry, you just go a burp full of information!!
Old 03-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #7

It's so lovely here for March. Blue sky, snow is melting. People are wearing tshirts and shorts (after all, it's at least 6C outside - highs of 11C (50F). Strange how winter changes our definition of 'warm'.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:33 AM   #8

I love your word "gathering." Ali edwards has been using that word too. It's perfect. That, and "story." What is my story, what lense or perspective do I have? Your gratitude (thank you notes) is a beautiful story Gail. And your acceptance of your loss. I don't know how I would manage to do the things Bob does, and yet I imagine I would get clarity one moment at a time. < hugs > across the miles. I wish for you gentleness with your burping

People have been wearing shorts here too in CA ( the other CA lol - California, not Canada). It's crazy. I've just befriended a new person at work from Canada. I should remember where she said she is from, sigh. Geography is not my strong suit. She's awesome though and I am enjoying working with her! Bob talked about turning on the solar panels for the pool heater soon. I can't imagine. But our dog Nikki can - she has already been in once and she loved it. Big dog smiles

Thanks for connecting. I might go do the mixed media challenge just now.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #9

Gail, please what is your address again? I'm pretty slow at getting to the post office but it is very much in my heart to want to send a card to you. I am certain it will arrive on the exact day that it is supposed to <3
Old 03-14-2015, 10:01 AM   #10
Forum Fanatic

Lela...Thanks so much for the invitation. I love the idea of this thread. The people I have seen here so far are gals whose posts I have enjoyed and have wanted to get to know better.

I am a Hobby Demo...who spends like a wealthy customer (although I am not wealthy or anywhere near!). I love to make cards, and I love to encourage people with my cards. But why, oh why, do I procrastinate addressing them and sending them out!?! I have also ventured into the area of Scrapbooking for my two grandchildren since they were born, ages 5 and 2. I will never scrapbook my tons of pictures from the last 37 years of marriage and raising kids, too overwhelming, but I can handle doing a couple of pages a year for my grandkids!

I was born in CA as in Canada (Vancouver, British Columbia), but my parents moved down to CA as in California, when I was 4, where I still am! So I guess I really fit in this group!

Gail...I must have missed something...you have had sad news?

LM
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Serenity_Stamper likes this post.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #11

Yes, LM.
My husband was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer on Oct 1 and passed away on January 17. It has been a rough few months.
There is a thread in the demo chit chat area with more details.

I am now sort of starting over with much of SU! And finding that prepping for a simple class is way too hard. Can't even decide what cards to make. Although I think I am getting closer!

I live in Edmonton, and my son used to live in Vancouver. Right now, he and his wife are in Japan for a year. They got married last summer in Vancouver.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #12

The invite put a smile on my face today I love this idea

It's tax season in my kingdom and the hubs works 6 days a week. I got to sleep in til almost 8 this morning. A rare luxury for me.

I'm going to down to my creative dungeon in a few minutes to get some stuff cut (I do a flea market the third Saturday of every month and I'm making some baskets and other treats to sell), then I'm off to a Pi Day party at my friend's house. All the food of the day will be in pie form. I made a lemon meringue pie to take. Been craving it for awhile and finally caved and made one.

I don't really want to go into my creative cave, the sun is (mostly) shining here too and it's warm. Being surrounded by redwoods is nice most of the time but I miss having a bit more direct sunshine on the property.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

I'll stop by again later

MY JEWELRY: http://www.creativeeclectica.com/

210(200)(189) and counting...DOWN
Old 03-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #13
Forum Fanatic

Gail...My deepest sympathies for your loss. LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Yes, LM.
My husband was diagnosed with Stage IV colon cancer on Oct 1 and passed away on January 17. It has been a rough few months.

I am now sort of starting over with much of SU! And finding that prepping for a simple class is way too hard. Can't even decide what cards to make. Although I think I am getting closer!

I live in Edmonton, and my son used to live in Vancouver. Right now, he and his wife are in Japan for a year. They got married last summer in Vancouver.
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #14
Forum Fanatic

Shellie...Does that mean your Craft Studio has been completed? LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaddict View Post
The invite put a smile on my face today I love this idea

It's tax season in my kingdom and the hubs works 6 days a week. I got to sleep in til almost 8 this morning. A rare luxury for me.

I'm going to down to my creative dungeon in a few minutes to get some stuff cut (I do a flea market the third Saturday of every month and I'm making some baskets and other treats to sell), then I'm off to a Pi Day party at my friend's house. All the food of the day will be in pie form. I made a lemon meringue pie to take. Been craving it for awhile and finally caved and made one.

I don't really want to go into my creative cave, the sun is (mostly) shining here too and it's warm. Being surrounded by redwoods is nice most of the time but I miss having a bit more direct sunshine on the property.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

I'll stop by again later
Old 03-14-2015, 05:02 PM   #15

Hi Shelli and LM. Glad you joined the thread. Today was a busy day with my volunteer stuff.

Then my car steered itself to the LSS that was conveniently right on the route home. $95 later, I came home with new Julie Fei-Fan Balzer stencils, and a couple of books, and some Tim Holtz rub-ons. I didn't NEED any of it, and I've been buying stuff lonli e this week. It was a stressful work week, and I guess I did what my DH calls "shopping therapy." I do like what I got though. :/ i like the time right after CHA because there is new stuff on the market.

Well, I need to head to dinner now. Gail, I hope you had a gentle day. I still intend to do that Mix challenge. I have an idea and everything. Maybe after dinner.
debzi333 likes this post.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #16
Full of Malarky

Yes, sorry, I meant stencils, not stencila! Sorry for the error. As far as mixed media goes, I have yet to try it , unless using watercolouring and tim holtz ink pads counts as mixed media. Oh - and at the class I was at , the the lady who owns the shop showed me how to colour a paste of some sort with distress inks - or whatever -for a textured backgound using a stencil , which you could also have a watercoloured image, a copic coloured image. There is a class at a further out shop on what is mixed media, but it is early in the morning and as Gail will tell you, I am so not a morning person! I'd love to go though.

In the past I've only known stencils as in using a stylus and tracing an image. Does not take much too impress me!

Last edited by debzi333; 03-14-2015 at 06:01 PM..
Old 03-14-2015, 05:55 PM   #17
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballmom View Post
Yes, LM.

Gail, my heart just breaks for you! I'm so sorry about it all. I've been thinking of calling you, but I am not sure if you are ready to chat. Let me know. The next couple of days are pretty full for me, but it you are free and feel like chatting , let me know.

Your loss is so close to home in the sense that it could happen to any one of us. I've been thinking if I lost Dave, I think I might downsize into an condo - like where my son is moving too. I'm already in townhouse as you know and I feel very safe here, but like you - there are just some things I rely on Dave to do. I am so very sad for you. Will your son return to Edmonton - or is he Vancouver bound?
Old 03-14-2015, 05:58 PM   #18
Full of Malarky

Heck, Gail, brushing my teeth is a chore to me. Just the simple truth! We've had some fabulous warm weather here in Vancouver Canada - 20 C! Not in shorts yet.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #19

It was a beautiful day! Drove over to San Jose to my friend's for the party and it was even warmer over there, in the high 80's! I love the warm weather and longer days but we still need so much more rain to help get the reservoirs a little fuller and we probably won't get much more than the occasional sprinkles, if anything, until late Fall. I better wash my truck before water restrictions get even tighter.

LM, my studio is pretty much done, I'm just trying to get my desk where i do paperwork and such all situated. Once that is done, I'll be having an "open studio" day. Right now it's all in a state of relative chaos. I'll be sure to let you know when you can come over

WEll, time for me to hit the hay. What is it about sunshine that makes a person so sleepy......oh wait, three glasses of champagne and some shephard's pie and chicken pot pie and lemon meringue pie, and berry pie and coconut cream pie, and.......all might have something to do with it

Old 03-14-2015, 09:57 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMstamps View Post
Gail...My deepest sympathies for your loss. LM
Thank you.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:04 AM   #21

I do a lot of volunteer work, which I keep separate from other ares of my life so I don't talk much about specifics. Anyway, it's a busy time on weekends right now. More to do today, and I am tired . A good and grateful tired, but tired.

I still haven't done that mix challenge. I have this beautiful peacock paper from Christy Tomlinson that has metallic in it, and it will be perfect.

I hope you have a peaceful day today.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:06 AM   #22

Shellie, I will be in Cupertino near you next Saturday. My dear friend and DL is having a major milestone birthday. I lived in Campbell for a long time . Maybe one day we can connect.

Your party sounded fun. Take care.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:09 AM   #23

Gail, what design are you using for your thank you notes? Today's featured stamper has a very CAS gallery. Not SU! but there is definitely opportunity to CASE. Who are some people that you are grateful for?
Old 03-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #24
Forum Fanatic

Lela & Shellie...If you two connect, count me in too! I am in San Jose!

Lela...which HP did you work at when you lived in Campbell. I worked at Corporate in Palo Alto and and then Santa Clara Division.

Shellie...Thanks, I can't wait to come and see/play in your Craft Studio!

LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity_Stamper View Post
Shellie, I will be in Cupertino near you next Saturday. My dear friend and DL is having a major milestone birthday. I lived in Campbell for a long time . Maybe one day we can connect.

Your party sounded fun. Take care.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:01 PM   #25
Insane Embellisher

Lela, thanks for the invite to this thread. Enjoying a relaxing Sunday after a super crazy, what is happening kind of Saturday. My mom is a former demo who had a TON of stamp sets that she was going to get rid of - some brand new! So I took them all and put them on the 'bay. 120 stamp sets sold at 11 am yesterday morning. Started working on packaging and shipping those until 1 pm when I got a phone call from my FIL that my MIL was having a 2nd stroke - 1st was in January. DH headed out to her house and the hospital as I had a class starting at 2 pm. Definitely hard to stay focused on class when I was waiting for word on my MIL.

Saw her this morning and she has made a full recovery - such an amazing woman! Doctors are amazed at how far she has come. She may even come home today.

Gail, I am sorry for your loss. We lost my step dad last April and I am still helping my mom adjust to life without him. I don't know that she ever will though.

Thanks ladies for a spot to vent.

As far as stamping, the room is stacked full with everything from class which I just moved from the dining room last night and dropped wherever there aren't stamp sets in envelopes going out in tomorrow's mail. Monday will be shipping day and clean the craft room day -- just in time to prepare for a workshop on Saturday!

Lela, I am so glad that we don't have a WOW swap for March! April sounds doable....

Happy Sunday to all! If there is ever a California get together, count me in. Lela knows where I live!
Old 03-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #26

Everyone having a good day? So far so good on my end. On the way to church this morning I picked up some free artwork to put on my bathroom wall. There is a local facebook group called Buy Nothing. It's basically a gifting group. You cannot sell anything or trade anything. You just have to give whatever away, outright. I've gifted kids books, some unwanted furniture, my homemade cinnamon rolls and a few other items. Until today I haven't received a gift. Mostly because I'm trying to get rid of more than I bring in. The 18" square picture will look GREAT in my bathroom and I'm very excited to have received it.

I was going to wash my truck. Due to the drought conditions I haven't given her a proper bath since late September, maybe early October. I have decide to go take a nap on the hammock instead

Have a great day!

Old 03-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #27

It would be great to get together some day Lela. Please do let me know whenever you are in the area. We could have lunch or something.

The 21st is crazy busy for me. I'll be doing the flea market at Branham High School and then hosting dinner for some friends. It's a monthly event my husband (Chris) and I decided to implement. Most of our friends live in San Jose and while they love hanging out at our house they typically need a specific reason to come, so we decided to create one.
Not everybody can come every month (and we limit it to no more than 10 people in addition to us) so the rotation of people is interesting.

Time to hit the hammock. See ya later!

Old 03-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #28
Forum Fanatic

Are we just supposed to talk Stampin Stuff here? If so, that's fine with me. If not, I just have to recommend the movie hubby and I saw today, "MacFarland". An amazing and moving movie of a true event (And no bad language! Yayy!). LM
Old 03-16-2015, 05:41 AM   #29
Watercolor Wizard

Lela, thanks so much for the invite. Such a wonderful idea so many of my fav SCS people here.

Gail my heart goes out to you and your family.

With this amazing No. Cal weather I've been working in the yard. For the first time I had our landscaper do the major spring clean-up and it was worth every penny. Our yard look horrible because I really followed the water restrictions (down 37% use from 2 years ago). This year we're taking out the front lawn and removing a lot of the back lawn and I'm yanking out anything that isn't low water. At first it kind of made me sad, but I'm really starting to love the idea of low maintenance.

As for stamping, I'm really into mixed media. I looove playing with new things and MM has opened the door to so many new products for me. My latest passion is PanPastels and a new to me stamp company, Paper Artsy. Their style brings my mojo to life. Another recent addiction is Brusho and Bister watercolors. All I want to do is play with these new things.

Between gardening and MM there isn't much time for other things like housework, grocery shopping, laundry. I think I need a Nanny!
Old 03-16-2015, 07:44 AM   #30

Happy Monday ladies!I've got a lot of stamping to do today. Want to make sure I have plenty of fun things to sell at the flea market this weekend

When my husband got home from work yesterday (he went to the office after church) we walked around our yard assessing whether it would be possible to use it as a wedding/reception venue for our daughter this October. We aren't entirely sure we can use it for the ceremony and the reception (the logistics of getting the tables set up and prettied up in a timely manner immediately following the ceremony would be a challenge indeed) but we think we could probably swing the reception on the property.We have a multi-level deck (good for DJ set-up/dance floor), a large "lawn" area ( we are surrounded by redwoods-grass doesn't really grow in our yard), and a smaller upper lawn area that would be good for seating. I think I'm going to try to convince my daughter that it would be a good idea.

We have a lot of work cut out for us. Lots of clearing to do and some minor re-landscaping but if we have to spend a good sum of money I'd rather put it into making my yard truly wedding reception worthy. We would get 2 things for the price of 1, a beautiful reception AND an improved yard. Is it selfish of me to think this way? We only have about $5,000 to spend on the entire wedding (not counting attire) and that is tough enough in the low cost areas of California, nevermind the Bay Area

She is not an extravagant minded person and wants and slightly elegant but down home feel to the celebration. We, of course, will be making all of the decorations (centerpieces, swags, favors).

Okay, so I could ramble on forever but I'll spare you all

Have a wonderful day!

Shellie

Old 03-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaddict View Post
Happy Monday ladies!I've got a lot of stamping to do today. Want to make sure I have plenty of fun things to sell at the flea market this weekend

When my husband got home from work yesterday (he went to the office after church) we walked around our yard assessing whether it would be possible to use it as a wedding/reception venue for our daughter this October. We aren't entirely sure we can use it for the ceremony and the reception (the logistics of getting the tables set up and prettied up in a timely manner immediately following the ceremony would be a challenge indeed) but we think we could probably swing the reception on the property.We have a multi-level deck (good for DJ set-up/dance floor), a large "lawn" area ( we are surrounded by redwoods-grass doesn't really grow in our yard), and a smaller upper lawn area that would be good for seating. I think I'm going to try to convince my daughter that it would be a good idea.

We have a lot of work cut out for us. Lots of clearing to do and some minor re-landscaping but if we have to spend a good sum of money I'd rather put it into making my yard truly wedding reception worthy. We would get 2 things for the price of 1, a beautiful reception AND an improved yard. Is it selfish of me to think this way? We only have about $5,000 to spend on the entire wedding (not counting attire) and that is tough enough in the low cost areas of California, nevermind the Bay Area

She is not an extravagant minded person and wants and slightly elegant but down home feel to the celebration. We, of course, will be making all of the decorations (centerpieces, swags, favors).

Okay, so I could ramble on forever but I'll spare you all

Have a wonderful day!

Shellie
Feel free to ramble on forever ... love to hear wedding planning. I think lawn and stuff sounds very do-able. Although, truthfully, I have never been to a fully outdoor wedding - usually only the ceremony. But that could just be a function of where I live.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:25 AM   #32
Forum Fanatic

Happy Monday, ladies! How fun to have a place to come and chat with my favorite stamping gals.

Shellie...i don't think that is selfish of you at all. People pay too much for weddings these days. They tend to forget that the Marriage is the main Event, not the wedding. I think that is a great idea to put the money into the yard and have the Wedding & Reception there. Your daughter sounds very considerate and wise! Where will your Flea Market be held?

Everyone...I have finished by Bible Study time, which I like to start my day with. Next is my 2-3 mile walk. Then some cooking for the week. Then I get to play in my stamp room. I have finished one set of Easter Cards, and now plan to made a second set, since I was finally able to find and buy the retired SU Set "Crosses of Hope" that I want to make this set from.

Great day everyone!

LM
Old 03-16-2015, 01:35 PM   #33

Hi guys,

It's cool to see everyone connecting. I don't have any specific "membership" or "topic" guidance in mind . I am just randomly inviting like-minded people to connect. I invited some non -SCSers too .

Some common, but not identical, interests include : stamping (non vendor specific, with a strong leaning towards SU! loyalty) and/or mixed media and/or California residents and/or spirituality (non-denominational, non-religion specific - it's more than ok to mention but we may not all have similar beliefs) and/or kind souls and/or a desire to connect online with some kind of personal connection and support. And probably more that we don't know yet.

I didn't post yesterday afternoon but I did read your postings. I do volunteer work, which I never give specifics about, but which consumes so much of my time that I can't not share about it. Anyway, Saturday was a full day with presentations and such. Then on a Sunday I facilitated a group conversation between two sets of people who were in disagreement but at the end landed on 100% unanimity. It was cool - but I seriously did not have one ounce of energy for the rest of the day. I watched Brady Bunch and Mod Squad :/. SO, my Mixability peacock card remains yet unmade.

I'm excited to go to Chicago in a few weeks to visit family. Excited and sad because my sisters and I are struggling through some things that sisters struggle with as parents get older. I invited them all to participate here too - they are stampers, and on/off again SU! Demos.

I am loving reading all your posts -weddings and gardens, movies and flea markets. Gail, you know my heart is with you. And Cathy - two things... I didn't know your mom dropped. Is Kay still in? I saw one or the other of them a while ago now, at Stamp Art Shoppe. I am sorry about your MIL but grateful for her immediate rebound. Congrats on your sales, and yay on the extra month for the swap due date. It may be my last swap. Not sure. I am seriously considering dropping.

Pauline, I love that your word is release and that you are embracing it in such a real manner. My word was home last year. I had NO intention of moving, or maybe a small inkling of an idea. And yet, here were are in our new (to us) residence.

I should get back to work. Thanks for being a tribe I want to be part of.

Kind blessings,

Lela

Last edited by Serenity_Stamper; 03-16-2015 at 01:41 PM..
Old 03-16-2015, 01:40 PM   #34

LM I worked in Cupertino and Palo Alto. Now I work at the Roseville HP site. I am on a team focused on separating HP into two companies. There are MANY of us at least partially focused on this work. I wanted an intellectual challenge, and I got i one
Old 03-16-2015, 08:55 PM   #35

I had a gathering tonight - I had 6 other girls over and we did the March One Little Word prompt. The gals all subscribed to Ali's class for the year - we gather here and I ask for a $5 reimbursement fee. I print out the handouts and I printed their vision board photos. We also made a "title page" using a bunch of paints and dsp's that I had on hand. It was really cool to hear everyone sharing about their joys and breakthroughs, their struggles and hopes. And I was glad to share my journey too. I'm so tired - I need some down time. I won't really get any until Sunday it seems - and that is my day to pack for Chicago. I need to slow down.

I've been sharing on the Demo side that I may drop my Demo-ship. I think now that I have processed my thoughts, I will probably stop sharing over there. I'm going to spend less time over there. Try weaning myself off of the Demo community. Also I don't want to discourage people who are in it for the long haul . I will probably stay until I don't have more product that I want to buy. I need some more stamp cases to finish out converting my stamp storage system. Restock some papers. Maybe one more round of goodies from the new catty.

Feels like a loss, but also like it's time.

Take good care.

Lela
basketballmom and stamphappy1650 like this post.
Old 03-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #36

I did it! I had my gathering tonight. Had everything ready by 3:00. (goal was Sunday night, but I got distracted by Lord of the Rings with dd).
The gathering was good. Four people (should have been five, but one person forgot). All long time friends/customers. Not much sales, but we stamped and had fun together. It felt good to be back leading a class.
And good practice for next week when I will have a gathering with people I do not know!

Tomorrow will be two months since James died. I don't know if that is a long time or a short time. Right now it feels like the future stretches out in front of me (not in a good way).
Old 03-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #37

It's been interesting reading the thoughts on the demo side of those considering leaving. It is a really good conversation.
debzi333 likes this post.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:29 PM   #38
Watercolor Wizard

Gail, congrats on having an event you are amazing. I can't fathom what you are going through but your moving forward is an inspiration.

LM - good to hear what's up with you.

Shellie - I fully understand the whole outdoor wedding dilemma. When my son got married we considered doing it here but it changed to our hosting the rehearsal dinner. Since then we've hosted several large parties and the work involved to get the yard in shape is a biggie. The sooner you start the better off you are especially when trying to save money. Everything always takes a little longer than expected.

Lela, I like the idea of weaning yourself off the demo site. Since I'm quitting after the new catalog comes out, it's something I need to do.

Today I started cleaning out demo only needed materials and what a space savings. I'm also going to stop doing my classes. Selling off all my duplicate pads, markers, etc. will be another space savings. I can't believe how good I feel since I decided to finally let it go. I've been smiling all day because a huge weight has been lifted. I should have done this a couple of years ago.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:57 PM   #39
Full of Malarky

It is a very, very short time, Gail, since James died. Be kind to yourself. Gail, I am so happy for you that you held a class and that it went well.

On a small scale , I've had difficult couple of days. Our youngest son, who is nearly 25 and getting married this July, has been telling me since sometime in February he's moving into his new condo this weekend, maybe tomorrow . So yesterday, still having not cleaned out his room and a bunch of his clothes left in his room - he sends me a text - I won't be home tonight, I'm staying at my condo and now I am moved out. Somehow I expected something more like ? he tells us verbally in person - let's us know his plan more definitely or something. He did stop by later that evening as I think he realized that I was a bit sad / angry that he just texted us . Anyway, maybe I'm just suffering empty nest syndrome.

On the plus side my husband has been clearing out the room and encouraging me to use the old dresser for stamp stuff storage.

Lela, as far your volunteer work goes, I used to volunteer at a crisis phone centre. Everything was supposed be very confidential, aside from the fact that I could acknowledge that I volunteered there - though I told very few people. They only allowed 4 hours of volunteer time, because they worried about burn - out , in listening to people. On one level I really enjoyed it, but on another level, I would find that afterwards I needed a some mindless tv to relax after putting in my 4 hours - and I did not even feel I could share my conversations with my husband, so it could be hard to process everything.

Thanks you guys for the connection. I appreciate you letting me ramble here. It will help me out of my bit of a funk that I am going through. Thanks!

All of the mixed media sounds so cool!
Old 03-17-2015, 05:24 AM   #40

Huge changes for everyone. Sending you all a quick kind thought. I don't have much time this morning. Gail, I am so happy you had your class. Two months is a very short time. In other news, I'm not surprised about the recent product/market announcements. I want to stay respectful here. Just thought I'd make a quick reflection since I am weaning...