Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 03-17-2015, 07:58 AM   #41
Forum Fanatic

Deborah, I would have wanted a call or a hug.

I remember when my son moved out at 18, he's 35 now. It almost broke my heart when he handed the house key to me. He thought that since he didn't live with us he should give the key back. I almost cried and then explained that no matter where I am, it's home and he will always have a key. For the first few months I saw him all the time. There were home cooked meals that he missed, our laundry room was cleaner than his apartment laundry room, and quite frankly he missed us and missed the conversations, the hugs, the Mom fix. It took a little bit of time for us to get used to the quiet and some worries with the "dead in a ditch" syndrome. LOL But once we got used to it I wouldn't want to go back. Life is good as an empty nester so long as you still have some contact.

Dead in the ditch syndrome is because I always had him tell me where he was because he could be dead in ditch I wouldn't know where to look. A year or so after he moved out, DH & went on a spur of the moment road trip and didn't tell the DS. He just happened to come over, waited for awhile, and left a note regarding WE could be dead in a ditch and he won't know where to look. LOL
Serenity_Stamper likes this post.
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:04 AM   #42
Forum Fanatic

I can't help but think that more is going on at SU than we know. I've managed strategy changes and the SU changes kind of feel the same. Does anyone think it's remotely possible that SU is going to go full retail (i.e. no demos)? They could start selling at Michaels, JoAnns, etc. and of course their online store. I think SU already tested the market for selling kits in stores, I wonder if they were successful.
Unread 03-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #43
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Good morning! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Spent the whole day yesterday punching out the shapes to make make bunny and flower treat cups to sell at the flea market this weekend only to discover that multiple boxes of treat cups i had were the old heart ones. Oh well, I can always use them next year, I suppose.

Gail, we all mourn and start to move forward at our own pace. There is no timeline as to when/how life should be done after the loss of a loved one. I'm glad you got a little bit of joy out of your gathering. I suppose, as time goes on, you will be able to enjoy your gatherings more and more. (((HUGS)))

I'm not going to speculate about what's going on at SU. Changes happen. I don't think the Spanish market was huge to begin with and really, if you think about it, Mexico really is not a "wealthy" country. I don't think most people there have the means to buy frivolities such as stamps and card stock. As far as the Spanish market in the U.S., well...whenever I did workshops with native spanish speakers, they always ordered out of the regular IBC and not the Spanish one even though I had it available for them to order from.

MDS started the beginning of the end a couple of years ago. I've really missed being able to purchase new downloads on a more frequent basis but have been somewhat prepared for it's demise. I wish they would keep offering downloads but do away with the print services. I didn't think the print service was directly attached to the program. Anyhow with so many other print options available and for far less money, it's not much of a surprise that the print service SU contracted with didn't get used enough.

I'm just going with the flow. I've started buying other companies products lately and am having a great time with them but I'm still in love with SU so I have no plans to leave them anytime soon. And now that my crafted goods are starting to sell fairly consistently I have more money to spend on both SU and other stamping products
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
stamphappy1650 likes this post.
Unread 03-17-2015, 09:56 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Lela...I will miss you on the Demo Forum. Why are you considering dropping your demoship? Are you displeased with the new Compensation Plan changes, or are you overstocked with SU Supplies, and interested in branching out more into buying from other companies? Also, I was curious, where is the "March One Little Word prompt information" located, I have never heard of it, and who/what is "Ali's class"? LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity_Stamper View Post
I had a gathering tonight - I had 6 other girls over and we did the March One Little Word prompt. The gals all subscribed to Ali's class for the year - we gather here and I ask for a $5 reimbursement fee. I print out the handouts and I printed their vision board photos. We also made a "title page" using a bunch of paints and dsp's that I had on hand. It was really cool to hear everyone sharing about their joys and breakthroughs, their struggles and hopes. And I was glad to share my journey too. I'm so tired - I need some down time. I won't really get any until Sunday it seems - and that is my day to pack for Chicago. I need to slow down.

I've been sharing on the Demo side that I may drop my Demo-ship. I think now that I have processed my thoughts, I will probably stop sharing over there. I'm going to spend less time over there. Try weaning myself off of the Demo community. Also I don't want to discourage people who are in it for the long haul . I will probably stay until I don't have more product that I want to buy. I need some more stamp cases to finish out converting my stamp storage system. Restock some papers. Maybe one more round of goodies from the new catty.

Feels like a loss, but also like it's time.

Take good care.

Lela

If you would like to see my cards, please click here :-)

Gallery updated Aug 31, 2017
Please join us in our 2017 Bible Verse Challenge
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Unread 03-17-2015, 02:03 PM   #45
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey, everyone! I'm late to the party, and I've been somewhat remiss in even answering regarding the invite, so my apologies to all! I see a couple of familiar faces/names here, but some new-to-me ones, as well!

Gail - huge hugs to you and the others are right: take it at your own pace and do what your heart tells you. That is the ONLY gauge that matters! Kudos to you for being brave enough to start holding gatherings again, too.

I'm extremely jealous of you Bay Area residents! I grew up in southern California (Corona), but my ex is from San Francisco and I lived in Concord for a summer and I have a daughter in Sebastopol right now. I really miss the ocean and the "California vibe"...

Are all/most of you demos for SU!? I join every now and then to take advantage of whatever signup deal they have going on, but drop within the first quarter every time. I have moved a lot and don't know enough people to even think about inviting, so I've never pursued it. Besides, I'm waaaaaaay too fickle to only use one "brand" of anything! The last few catalogs haven't really appealed to me all that much, either - maybe they're shooting for a younger demographic than I fit into, lol!

DH just started a new job yesterday, after a full five months of applying and interviewing and all the rest of it! I'm still blissfully unemployed, but trying to change that. Neither of us expected such a long stretch of "down time" after our move. I think because Las Vegas is still recovering from the huge hit they took in 2007/2008 and unemployment is still high, combined with the fact that we're older, is why it's been tough. I can't even get interviews because all of my recent experience is self-employment (the last time I was in an office was 2007). Ah well - what're ya gonna do? I'm not worried, but DH is a fretter

I guess that's it for me right now! I hope to get to know you all better here, and if you notice that I'm not around, maybe someone can PM me to remind me of this thread - I tend to forget that I'm supposed to be doing things if they're not already part of my routine (General Stamping Talk/Mission Organization/Tool and Product Talk/Challenges). At least I can recognize, right?

Hope your week is going well, and have a fabulous afternoon and evening! Buh-bye!

Unread 03-17-2015, 02:51 PM   #46
Forum Fanatic

Sue, so glad Lela invited you. I always love your comments.

I don't think everyone is a demo, just like minded people. I 'm winding down being a demo and was never SUO. There are too many wonderful things in the market to stay with just one company. : )

Now that you've responded you'll get an email prompt when we update the thread. My routine is the same as yours except for the challenge threads. I view digis as I'm starting to enjoy being able to get a one time use image for free. : )

Congrats on hubby getting a job. Yea!
Unread 03-17-2015, 04:15 PM   #47
Full of Malarky

Stamphappy, Sorry I don't know your name, but thanks for the kind thought re my son. Last night he texted me that he was home safe and I texted him back - thanks for letting me know and I love you -and so I feel he and I are all good. I guess sometimes there is just a bit of miscommunication and sometimes people just don't think, but I could tell he was making an effort to say I'm sorry by texting me at 1 am that he was home safe. I know about the lost in the ditch mother syndrome! We have another older son and I'm okay with things now - he does not need to text me , I know he is pretty okay , but I guess I'm just getting used to the other son being on his own.

Unread 03-17-2015, 04:16 PM   #48
Full of Malarky

Just a thought for everyone - I'm thinking we should not talk SU here , as it sort of private demo stuff for the other side . Just generic SU stuff, like I need to order some paper from SU and also some buttons, which I really do need to do!

Unread 03-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #49
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree, Deborah - business is best left elsewhere and there are so many more fun things to discuss! Got to go finish the salad and spaghetti now - DH is on his way home!

Serenity_Stamper and debzi333 like this post.
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:19 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
Gail, my heart just breaks for you! I'm so sorry about it all. I've been thinking of calling you, but I am not sure if you are ready to chat. Let me know. The next couple of days are pretty full for me, but it you are free and feel like chatting , let me know.

Your loss is so close to home in the sense that it could happen to any one of us. I've been thinking if I lost Dave, I think I might downsize into an condo - like where my son is moving too. I'm already in townhouse as you know and I feel very safe here, but like you - there are just some things I rely on Dave to do. I am so very sad for you. Will your son return to Edmonton - or is he Vancouver bound?
Call whenever you want. If I am not up to chatting, I will let you know. It varies, moment by moment sometimes.
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:32 PM   #51

Send a message via Yahoo to Serenity_Stamper

Ali Edwards "One Little Word" can be found here. http://aliedwards.com

I subscribed for a year. There are new prompts every month. In January, we pick a word ... In my case, my word picked me ... The prompt in February was to do a vision board. March was a writing assignment about our objectives. I usually add to the prompt by introducing something artistic. For example, yesterday I had us create a title page. Some gals painted, some gals used a sheet of dsp - they all added their word with some alphabet stickers or die cuts or scrabble tiles.

We spend the last half hour on show and tell, where we share something visual we created, along with a personal share about how our relationship with our word is going.

The classroom has a place where we can chat with each other, but not many people participate there. There is also a facebook group. I've never really embraced facebook but maybe I need a more open mind. I don't really like the user experience.

My life has changed as a result of incorporating "One Little Word."

Last edited by Serenity_Stamper; 03-17-2015 at 08:40 PM..
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #52

Deborah I saw your post in another thread about More Mustard. I LOVE THAT color! Where did you recommend we could get a similar color?
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:44 PM   #53

Stamphappy's name is Pauline. I don't have any children, so no empty nest here... Except we did have DHs kids with us off and on over the years. I can imagine separation would be hard!
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #54

Pauline, I don't get an email after every post. I must have changed a setting somewhere.

Sue, I am glad to see you here. I make it a routine to check "my subscriptions" and that shows me thread titles with recent activity. I will try to keep you connected if I am on another thread and see you posting.
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #55

Sue, I worked for home for ten years. It's quite a transition to go back to an office. Sounds like you have peace with your situation. Good luck finding a perfect job at a perfect time.
Unread 03-17-2015, 08:51 PM   #56

Shelli, I have MANY of the circle treat cups if you need them. I just saw them recently - I'd need to remember where they are. Your treats sound cute! Did you put a pic in your gallery?
Unread 03-17-2015, 09:26 PM   #57
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Deborah I saw your post in another thread about More Mustard. I LOVE THAT color! Where did you recommend we could get a similar color?
I watch a video blog that that Prairie Stamper or someone has and she mentioned how much she missed More Mustard, but that she had finally found a comparable colour at My Favorite Things Stamp Company which is online . I've subscribed to her blog/videos for a year or more and I was so relieved to think I can still get a colour like More Mustard . I use it a lot to go with the creatures that I like to colour and seem to do well with More Mustard as a colour. I'll find a link to the colour.

Unread 03-17-2015, 09:31 PM   #58
Full of Malarky

Here is a link to the company and the particular colour that is supposed to be very close to More Mustard. They have matching inks, buttons etc and other colours. I've yet to order that colour, but I am planning on it. There is a stamp I'd like and so I'll order both at once ( the stamp set is currently sold out )

Heavyweight Card Stock Safety Orange

Unread 03-18-2015, 04:56 AM   #59

Beautiful, Deborah.
Unread 03-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #60
Proud Fan Club Member

Good morning, everyone! I must be more distracted than I thought - I realized after my posts yesterday that I was being really, really dense! I have subscribed to this thread - doh! - so I should get reminders in my email now that there's something going on. I can't believe I spaced it like that - I've subscribed to other threads many times - sheesh!

I have an interview this afternoon for a job that I might actually like, and it's NOT office work! More on that if anything comes of the interview.

Does anyone here get burnt out after a creative spurt? I've made more cards in the past couple of weeks than I made in the previous MONTHS, but I'm just not feeling it today. There are a couple of challenges that I want to participate in and I've got some Easter treat thingies started for the grandkids, but I don't want to do any of that. I'm in more of a writing mood or a sewing mood or a painting mood or a go-take-a-nap mood...

I agree about the "One Little Word" concept. It really allows you to focus (which I have trouble doing) and accomplish where you're focusing. Being more mindful and doing things with more purpose and intent is an ongoing goal of mine. Choosing a word really helps!

Today I would choose the word "Go!" I can spend hours and hours plotting and planning and visualizing and all the rest of it, but there comes a time when ACTION is required, and that's where I need the push. Enough of the fooling around in your Odd Brain, just go DO something already!

Okay - I feel better now... Off to go do something productive, but I'll check in later to see what everyone else is up to! Have a good one!

Unread 03-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #61
Forum Fanatic

Sue, good luck on your interview. Here's hoping you find something that you like.

I totally get the burn out after a creative spurt. I'll stay away from paper crafting or I'll clean my stamp room, organize, and piddle around doing a little of this and that but never really finish anything major.
_________

I need to make a birthday card and swaps for Saturday and I can't make anything I like. Even Pinterest is not sparking some ideas. There's nothing like waiting until the last minute and I have work day trip tomorrow. My mojo is in Maui without me

I'm still working on the purge of my stamp room to get ready for my craft garage sale. I'm starting to run out of room in my guest bath where I'm storing everything. Every time I think I'm done, I'll think of something else that I no longer want to have sitting around. I think I might have lost control of the purging because I keep finding more or maybe I'm being honest with myself. It's also magnified by changes I'm making that no longer require me to have duplicates and keeping only what I use.

Off to purge more....
Attached Thumbnails
dscn2376.jpg   dscn2375.jpg   dscn2374.jpg   dscn2373.jpg  
Unread 03-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #62

Lela, thanks for the offer. I was able to come up with an idea to make bunnies using the heart treat cups. Much thanks to inspiration from Pinterest. I'll be sure to upload pictures to my gallery once everything is done.

Sue, I most definitely get burned out after a creative spurt. I always try to think ahead and get a good head-start on projects to sell at craft shows and my monthly flea market but without fail I get very little done until the week (sometimes a couple of weeks) before the event, so I spend a good 14-16 hours a day that last week or so cranking out stuff. After the show is done I just kind of fall down and stay down for a couple of days. Catch up on shows, read, etc.
Since the flea market is monthly I'm slowly getting into the habit of making a few things every week. It's my goal to focus on one particular type of project per week. For instance, focus on cards one week, treat packaging another week, 3-D goodies yet another week and then work on jewelry the last week.
Something I need to do is order several packs of card stock in every (SU) color and also a whole mess of envelopes just to have them in stock and not worry about whether I have enough for any particular project.

I'm going to use my Silhouette today. I got it for Christmas and have cut exactly one thing with it. Partly because I haven't had a lot of time to play with it (there's a definite learning curve) and when i finally did have some time my laptop fritzed out on me. Now I'm using an ancient desktop computer but it works well enough.

Alrighty. I'm not going to get my stuff done if I get stuck on my computer all day. Down to the cave I go.

Have a great day!
Unread 03-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #63
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow, Pauline! You really ARE purging! Any chance there's a Mini Milk Carton die in that pile that you'd like to sell? Or SU sets prior to 2004 or so? I'm kind of a sucker for some of those...

My first interview went really well! The next phase is Friday for an online Power Point presentation and online chat session. I'm pretty excited about the job because it's NOT in an office, and utilizes my design background - win/win!

Shellie - glad you figured out a plan for the treat cups! I hope you don't get too dragged out with your preparations, and can come up for air (from the cave) periodically... I wish there was an outlet like your flea market in this area that I could find - I'd love to network, if nothing else!

Amber Shaw (sprtchick) lives not too far from me and we're going to get together eventually. I was supposed to go to a monthly meet-up that she does with some friends last month, but my daughter was in town unexpectedly. We were going to try again this Saturday, but she had to go out of town for her favorite aunt's funeral, so we're still on hold for now... It will be nice to have some real-life stamping friends to hang with, though. I'm pretty much a solitary crafter...

Last edited by gregzgurl; 03-18-2015 at 11:17 AM..
Unread 03-18-2015, 12:07 PM   #64
Forum Fanatic

Sue, interviewing progress sounds good and to be able to use your design experience is wonderful. I'll keep my fingers, eyes, and toes crossed for good luck - I won't be able to see, walk, or stamp but it will be worth it LOL

Sorry but the Milk Carton die is one of my favs so I'm not selling it. I break up my stamp sets so the only ones I know that are older full sets are: Frogs and Flies (199, To the Finish (2003), Sheltering Tree (2006), and Favorite Teddy Bear (2003). When I start to package the stamps I may find more that are full sets but not in a separate box right now and I'll let you know. I store my stamps in binder boxes on laminate sheets and I just yanked out the ones I didn't want so there could be more.

Very cool that Amber Shaw is close to you. I have a group that has been meeting for over 8 years and that is the only time I stamp in a group. I'm not creative when other people are around. I'm a one trick pony as I get side-tracked with the conversation. I love getting together to stamp, just don't expect any creativity.

Pauline
Unread 03-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #65
Proud Fan Club Member

You sound just like me! I like the social aspect of meeting stampers, but I know that I won't get anything done - I do my best creating when there's no one else around. My Muse apparently likes my full attention, lol!

I split up all of my stamp sets, too, so I totally get that dealie-o! I'm in the process of culling more of the "will I ever really use this?" images out of my boxes, too Today I was eyeing my punches to see which ones I was really attached to and which ones were ready to go out into the flow, as well...

Thanks for the well-wishes on the job front but don't hurt yourself on my account! And you NEED to stamp, for crying out loud! Uncross and unclench and carry on - I trust the Universe on this...

Unread 03-18-2015, 05:20 PM   #66
Full of Malarky

Just so you know, I found out today I have cellutis and was in the hosptial getting IV antibiotics today. I have go in for at least two more day for antibiotic IV, so I won't be posting much. It's soft tissue infection - at my elbow , and I've got a bit of fever and a headache. Appreciate your prayers and sorry if I don't get on split coast for a few days - but I'll let you know how it is going.

Unread 03-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #67

Deborah, I am sending you good thoughts for health and comfort. Please keep us posted when you can, and take care of yourself
debzi333 likes this post.
Unread 03-18-2015, 05:39 PM   #68

Sue, my one little word is flow. Funny where that word comes up. Good thoughts for your next steps on your job search journey!

I relate to the discussion about not being able to be creative with others in a group setting, AND I love the social aspect. I'm loving teaching mixed media. It's totally random - process oriented rather than output oriented. I do some prep but it's fun prep, and I also make some things up as I go along.

I like the idea to subscribe to this thread.

I'm showing a lot of restraint not participating on the demo side. Well. I'm not posting. I am still reading a few things.
debzi333 likes this post.
Unread 03-18-2015, 09:16 PM   #69
Proud Fan Club Member

Oh, Deborah! I hope things clear up for you quickly! Sending you love and light...

Unread 03-19-2015, 05:33 AM   #70

I'm still reading the demo forum every time i log in. Is there a way to stay subscribed but not have that be ny first set of threads i see in my forum area? (If that makes sense). I need to be more disciplined. I will say I am reading it with a new perspective now, so some sort of shift has happened. Sadness for some of the recent changes, detachment for some of the issues, joy for some of the joy, and fascination to watch the natural tensions (not in a bad way) in a blended discussion between "hobby non-purists" and "business SUO." I will watch posting anything specific here. I am trying to stay very general. I really need help to wean off the site . Thanks for your patience.
gregzgurl likes this post.
Unread 03-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #71

Unless you remove yourself from the demo forums I don't think there is a way to keep them from being at the top. You are just going to have to scroll past them
I'm more than a bit frustrated today. Seems like for the last two weeks any computer I touch (including my smart phone) develops gremlins. My laptop turns off spontaneously and will sometimes turn backmon , but not when I need it to. The desktop DH brought home from the office uses XP and is slower than molasses which is to be expected. I've had it for just over a week though and this morning I got the dreaded blue screen. My phone also spontaneously shuts down and restarts on a regular basis. None of this would be nearly so frustrating if I had a cool grand or two to drop on a new laptop and phone and didn't have a wedding to pay for.
On a good not, I have a friend that is not a stamper but she has a work friend that is and the office is pitching in to get her a $100 SU gift certificate for her birthday.

Even though you probably aren't readimg this, I hope you feel better soon Debra.

Have a good day everyone!
Unread 03-19-2015, 09:26 AM   #72

I hope your gremlins sort themselves out. A wedding sounds MUCH more important . Remember when we had to do it old school - using house phones with no answering machines, and maps instead of GPS? Sometimes I long for those slower days. I rekindled my meditation practice today - I stopped a couple of weeks ago and I have just been off. I am more peaceful today, and grateful. Wishes for love and peace and health and kindness and patience for you all <3
Unread 03-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #73
Crimping Master

Quote:
Cathy - two things... I didn't know your mom dropped. Is Kay still in? I saw one or the other of them a while ago now, at Stamp Art Shoppe. I am sorry about your MIL but grateful for her immediate rebound. Congrats on your sales, and yay on the extra month for the swap due date. It may be my last swap. Not sure. I am seriously considering dropping.

Lela
Lela, mom dropped about 6 months ago but Kay is still a demo.

On the swaps, I was the one who indicated that I would like folds or techniques, not just a bunch of layers. We will see what comes of April's swaps. It isn't that the cards are bad - they are nice - just not what I am looking for to inspire me and help in my business.

Cathy
Unread 03-19-2015, 12:52 PM   #74

Hah, I also just gave that identical input
Unread 03-19-2015, 04:16 PM   #75
Forum Fanatic

Deborah, hope your doing ok. We'll think of you until you can join us again.

Sue, one of the hardest things for me to give up are punches. I did a better job on this purge but it was hard. I tested them all and if they were the least bit sluggish they went to the sale. I just don't want to have anything that doesn't work the way it should.

beaddict - hate those techy gremlins. A recent upgrade from Microsoft has my PC doing weird things. This morning I needed to print a doc for work and my PC forgot I had a printer. In my younger life I loved messing with technology, I even built my own PCs. Now, I just want things to work with no futzing from me and I do very little on my phone. It's basically a phone much to the chagrin of my friends and family. LOL

Lela, I'm trying to lessen my reading of the demo site, but I'm not there yet. I'm doing baby steps : ) Glad to hear you're getting more peace and serenity.
______
Today I had to go to Carson City to a client site. I love the client but sometimes it's hard that the drive takes longer than the meeting ( 2 hrs 15 mins one way for a 1 hr meeting). Our contract in NV will end 4/30 and I think my next contract will be in Colorado. I'm not crazy about work travel but CO is a lot better than being on an east coast job. I'm just happy I have a job I love that lets me work from home 90% of the time.

Hugs to everyone

I couldn't believe how little snow there is in Tahoe. The mountains look like it should be July and Spooner Lake looks like a pond. It's not a big lake, but its scary dry. I can't believe how many of my foolish neighbors still have green lawns. I guess they think it's all hype that CA is in trouble. Sigh...
Unread 03-20-2015, 05:42 AM   #76

How is everyone doing today?

Pauline, it's very scary about our water situation. We looked at installing fake grass (which looks pretty realistic) and it's very expensive. . We just bought this house and modifying the outside will be another expense. DH is retired and slowly making his way through a to-do list, and that is on it.

I've been allowing myself to browse more sites and forums. It's not that I didn't do that before, but I am allowing myself a detachment I didn't feel before. There will be life after demo ship . I am going to wait for the new catty for one last hurrah.

I have some new product coming this week - from Heartfelt Creations (the entire new peacock line!) and some cool image stamps from Unity (I think). I am very excited and I can't wait.

Pauline, it's interesting to hear more about your work. I work at HP and I am on a team working on the task of splitting the company in two. It's very complex, and fun, and stressful, and fascinating. For me .

DH and I went to The Kitchen last night - an amazing restaurant where they cook right i front of you. It is a four hour experience. It was lovely. I'm still full and I know that anything i eat today will not compare.

Kind blessings,

Lela
Unread 03-20-2015, 06:22 AM   #77

Gulp. I did it. I left the Demo Forum group. All my subscriptions are gone, and my Forums view starts right with general stuff. In my meditation this morning, the focus was about bringing love into the world. If I am detaching from a group then I am naturally not seeing a future in the group. My best way to love is to leave <3
Unread 03-20-2015, 06:59 AM   #78
Crimping Master

Quote:
Gulp. I did it. I left the Demo Forum group. All my subscriptions are gone, and my Forums view starts right with general stuff. In my meditation this morning, the focus was about bringing love into the world. If I am detaching from a group then I am naturally not seeing a future in the group. My best way to love is to leave <3
Lela, I will miss seeing your posts over there but totally understand your need to distance yourself.

Pauline, I would love to meet you sometime. I live in Fair Oaks and have read your posts here on SCS for a couple years. Never felt quite right to say "hey, let's meet" but this thread that Lela started suits that purpose well.

Today is my day to finish prepping for tomorrow's workshop and other things around the house that I had planned for the weekend. Our daughter comes home from Montana for a quick weekend visit (due to her grandmother's recent stroke) and I want to spend every minute I can with her. We FaceTime every Saturday morning while having tea but it isn't the same as having her here.

Happy Friday to all!
Unread 03-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #79

GAH!

that is all.
gregzgurl likes this post.
Unread 03-20-2015, 09:41 AM   #80
Proud Fan Club Member

I take it the gremlins are still at it, Shellie? No fun, and I hope things resolve gracefully and quickly...

Pauline - I hear you on the punches. I did look at them for a minute, then moved on without purging anything. PLUS - I used several of them in my Triple Play marathon yesterday, so I don't know if I'm ready to send them out into the world just yet, lol!

Lela - sometimes leaving is the ONLY option on that love thing... Yes, there will be life after demo-ship, and I'm guessing that you will find it freeing and rewarding! Growth and change can be scary and leaving a "comfort zone" often makes you realize that it wasn't necessarily comfortable, just familiar

Deborah, if you're reading this, I hope you're feeling better!

All of you Californians - I'm sorry about the drought. I remember going through rationing back when I was growing up there, and here in Las Vegas it's the norm. You get tax credits for planting succulents or doing rock gardens instead of lawns, and you can only water for four minutes every three days or something like that. I have to keep reminding my husband (a native New Yorker), that we don't have Great Lakes and rivers beside every road and three ponds per village and all of that - turn off the water while you brush your teeth until you're ready to rinse, already! Makes me crazy... Good thing he's fun and quite reasonable in most other areas, right?

Cathy - you are someone new to me. Hi! Hopefully I can get to know you a bit here!

I should be making a card for the QFTD challenge today, but I made three cards for yesterday's challenge and I'm not ready to crank up the mojo just yet. I just finished Round Two in the interview/hiring process for the job I think I want, and the interviewer said that I'm doing "very well" in everything we've done so far. The next phase is Wednesday of next week...

Well, I've got bills to pay (such fun) and laundry to do (equally fun), so I'd best get to it! Have a great day, all!