Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Glitter Queen

Question Scrap paper

Does anyone have any suggestions how to keep scrap paper looking neat? I have it in a big rubbermaid container now and it is just out of control. I use this paper often, and I have some pieces of paper that is just to large, pretty,and/or expensive, to just throw away.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Crimping Master

I just have to keep at it...I have a bin as well and I divide mine into large pieces and small pieces....as I use it, it just gets messy...when I have time, I organize it again. If anyone has a better plan, I'll listen as well. It's one of those things that needs to be handy, so maybe it's just destined to look unorganized.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
Inking Addict

Hi, i use the scrap paper to make the ceilling decoration , i cut them into the figure of moon , stars and sun. And the use the glue to put it on the ceilling , everybody come to my house, always praise that"you have a dream house", you can have a try, just need a little patience , the scrap paper can make your house more pretty.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
Matboard Maniac

I organize mine in a similar way - in a plastic see through bin that lurks on my desk. Messy, but seems to be the only way. Any time I cut a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet in half, I have a separate box for that size, which is color organized.
I DID see a woman who organizes all of her scraps by color. They are all in a box, but she had all of one color together, and so on and so forth.
My question is, how do you know what color to put patterned paper in? I have found that if I organize it by the main color, I will miss it when looking for another color that might go well with it. (Hopefully that makes sense.)
My suspicion is that there is no "perfect" way to organize scraps. I look at it like it's always a surprise when looking through the box o scraps for something you can use.
Plus, who wants to spend their time organizing scraps of paper? Much rather be stamping! I have made a recent resolution to make a card a week/month (depending on my available time) using only scraps. Gets rid of 'em quicker!

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Old 01-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Linking Queen

I know I've posted this "method" before and it is still the only way I've ever managed to use my scraps:

Put them all in a basket/box/container wherever you go first to get cardmaking/project supplies. Use the scraps as inspiration for the card/project and find the other stuff in your usual storage. It might help that I'm not always matchy-matchy and am happier when things coordinate vs. matches (a subtle differnce that makes life easier for me).

If the scrap basket still bugs you use them to make diecuts or punch-outs and store those with your embellishments.

HTH and ...

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
Cardstock Collector

I use the scraps immediately for another project til they are gone if it is a collection I love, otherwise they go in to a box for my children to pick through, as well as the craft club I run at the elementary school. I suggest going through the scraps and choosing what you'll probably never use and donating it to a school! They are always looking for donations! Libraries' children's rooms are another idea. I used to save all of my scraps until I just had way too many.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #7
Inking Addict

I have a hanging folder system for my scraps. Divided by color for cardstock and size for patterned paper. I figured my desk has a drawer built in just for files so I might as well use it.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
Mad Swapper

Send a message via Yahoo to AZShann

I bought bound folders at Walmart after school items went on sale. I keep each scrap in a folder pocket by color group (ie red, pink, brown, black, green, etc, and the larger pieces in the pocket behind. Then for the 12x12, I keep in a folder with the other 12x12 papers. The nice thing about this is I can actually take it with me when I go to my neighbors for craft day.