Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
Mad Swapper

Default Samsung Front Loading W/D

Does anyone have a Samsung front loading washer/dryer? We got our set last year and after spending a lot of money on it, I am not thrilled with it's performance. The dryer is crap LOL, sorry, I will dry a load on permanent press and unless it's a small load, it does not dry it all the way. If I try to run it on another cycle to finish drying, it stops after a few minutes telling me it's DONE and will not go for the time I want it to go !!! Also, the lint trap doesn't seem to trap the lint. I get this very small area just in one corner of the trap and when I look into the trap space, I see lint all inside there. Sometimes my clothes do not smell good even though I do NOT let them sit in the washer when it's done before drying. It's like they smell sour and they have just been washed. I have done HOT HOT HOT loads with bleach to clean out the washer (instead of using those overpriced drum cleaning products, which are basically just bleach) but I think it's my dryer that stinks.

Anyone else have these issues? I've posted a pic of my set. It's last year's model but I think they still sell this model.
Attached Thumbnails
dscn2143.jpg  
Old 07-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

While I don't have these machines, (see my note in the other recommendations thread about NOT buying a Whirlpool Cabrio washer), I wondered if you have Googled this problem. I did that with the error code we kept getting and learned it was a common problem.

I contacted Whirlpool directly and told them what I'd read online. I was honest but direct, and told them I was frustrated with their product. They actually paid for the repairs, despite our machine not being under warranty anymore (it's five years old).

I'd suggest you gather some info and call the manufacturer. It's worth a try.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
Mad Swapper

I have looked up smelly laundry issues with my machine and all say the same thing ... use the tide washing machine cleaner, or run a HOT HOT load with bleach (followed by a load of whites to get rid of the bleach smell before doing other luandry). AT the market one day I noticed that PUrex also sells a washing machine cleaner but basically they are just a bleach product and regular bleach is so much cheaper if I'm going to do this all the time. I also cleaned the drain at the bottom of the machine and there wasn't anything caught in there. I smelled my dryer and it doesn't smell, although certain items I wear I swear I am smelling sour odors. Maybe it's my imagination. I also STOPPED using Tide, which made it even worse. Others say not to use fabric softener, but I I just love my liquid Downey. Dryer sheets were making it smell weird too.

I think I'm going to have my vents cleaned out and maybe that will help the drying problems.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Die Cut Diva

FWIW, one of the repair guys told me that the "washing machine cleaner" that is sold is mainly powdered dishwasher soap. He suggested for a cheaper alternative to use 2 T. of that instead of the special cleaner. Can't hurt to try it. Also, I'd been told to leave the top open after loads to let it dry out inside.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
Proud Fan Club Member

I am assuming your set is Samsung from the title. Well we bought a Samsung flat screen 4 years ago. It cost 1200.00. That's when they were first coming out. Long story short we owned it a year and had to have a repair man. The capitacators went out. Almost 300.00 dollars. A year later the same thing. I called Samsung. They paid for it. About 3 months ago it happened again. I called Samsung. I told them I wanted a new TV that I had a lemon. They refused and would not pay for the fix again. I threw the TV in the trash and I will never buy another Samsung product again. I told them so and told them I would tell everyone I could about this TV. It makes me so mad the inferior products that we get sold. I have a Whirlpool front end washer and dryer. I use the expensive cleaning product but to me it's worth it. I also clean the seal around the washer about once a month and have no problems. Good luck but I sure would not expect much help from Samsung. Maybe it's a different division than I dealt with.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper1996 View Post
FWIW, one of the repair guys told me that the "washing machine cleaner" that is sold is mainly powdered dishwasher soap. He suggested for a cheaper alternative to use 2 T. of that instead of the special cleaner. Can't hurt to try it. Also, I'd been told to leave the top open after loads to let it dry out inside.

Yes, I do leave the door WIDE open between loads, so it does dry inside. I seriously think it's the dryer that makes the smells. And the whole issue about it not trapping lint and taking more than 1 cycle to dry even a small/medium sized load. That's ridiculous. I am going to have a professional come out and clean the duct that runs to the outside (we have an interior laundry room .... so the duct work has to go up the wall, through the ceiling, and through the garage ceiling to the outside. I am hoping it's just a clog and that will solve at least the drying difficulties.

I also stopped using fabric softener in the past couple days and truly, my laundry smells much fresher.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyfilly View Post
I am assuming your set is Samsung from the title. Well we bought a Samsung flat screen 4 years ago. It cost 1200.00. That's when they were first coming out. Long story short we owned it a year and had to have a repair man. The capitacators went out. Almost 300.00 dollars. A year later the same thing. I called Samsung. They paid for it. About 3 months ago it happened again. I called Samsung. I told them I wanted a new TV that I had a lemon. They refused and would not pay for the fix again. I threw the TV in the trash and I will never buy another Samsung product again. I told them so and told them I would tell everyone I could about this TV. It makes me so mad the inferior products that we get sold. I have a Whirlpool front end washer and dryer. I use the expensive cleaning product but to me it's worth it. I also clean the seal around the washer about once a month and have no problems. Good luck but I sure would not expect much help from Samsung. Maybe it's a different division than I dealt with.
We got our set from Lowes (and yes, it's Samsung). The guy there told me that Samsung had the least amount of problems according to research done. There were cheaper machines, and more expensive machines. He said this one had the best reviews. I trusted him ... and we spent over $1,800 on this set including the 2 risers that our machines sit on. Right now the only thing I like about my machines is the color hahahaha.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #8
Glitter Guru

Send a message via AIM to calgramma Send a message via MSN to calgramma

Mine is not Samsung, but I was having the odor issue until I did buy 1BOX of the Tide cleaner (had a coupon). I have used 2 packets of it so far (it says once a month, I have done it religiously) and the smell has gone away. I also dry the seal and the door after I'm through on laundry day and leave the door open a crack until the next day. So far, no more odor. The commercials for the Tide stuff does say that one box should take care of the odor problem. Evidently it's something in the drum manufacturing that causes the odor (residue left from that). Anyway, my suggestion is don't throw the baby out with the bath water, splurge ONCE and get the Tide stuff to see if it works.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Pearl-ExPert

I have both of these machines and I absolutely LOVE them both! They have cut my laundry time in half! I clean my machine regularly, dry the door and seals when I am finished doing laundry, leave the door open all the time when not being used and I take the detergent drawer out to clean it & let it dry. I don't get any smells in either machine although I have heard others have the same problem. As far as the dryer....when I want to do things that seem to cut off before they are dry I use the timed dry and set the temp & time myself. The cycle cuts off because the sensor senses that the clothes are dry.

Sorry about the trouble you have had! I just can't live without mine! It was an expensive purchase but I love them both!