In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #5041
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Well, I checked Dustin's temp about a half hour after he got up this morning, and it was back up to 100.8. So Keith called and got him in to see Janet at 11. I got home just as they were taken back to the room, so I went up and joined them. She said his ears and throat look great, his breathing is clear all the way down, his abdomen is soft and no problems. She thinks whatever it is is viral, and actually on it's way out of him. But his sinus area is really swollen and she put him on zithromax so that it doesn't take over while his immunes are down. He should be good to go to school by Monday. His response? "How about Wednesday?" LOL

I'm sorry that he's still having issues ... but I can't blame him for wanting to wait to go back!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #5042
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
hi girls! Thought I'd drop in and say 'hey'. I'm pretty sore today since I stepped off the next to the bottom step (missed the bottom step completely) and it really jarred me. Of course I'm still stiff and sore. I think I'll be starting PT next week. We had rain here yesterday and late last night about 1/2" total, but we could use more. Kelly, did ya'll get much rain down your way? We could use a really good snow and lots of it! Tomorrow is gonna be 58 so no snow tomorrow. I haven't touched a stamp set or nothing, just have no energy. But I know what that is from and can't do anything about it til March. Need blood work done at the end of Feb then see the dr in March. My vit B12 is VERY VERY LOW!

I'm doing really well on the Chanix. Haven't been smoking. So I'm hoping to keep it up. I really NEED to quit.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great night...ttyl


I hope you get some snow ... if you do, can you pass some our way?? Our winter is over, and it never really began.


Good for you on the not smoking. That's awesome.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #5043
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
speaking of prayers, Bill just called... woo hoo

however the news is still that we need prayers, the open wound and that infection are not primary issues any more... several other things going on... she sees a heart doctor in a few days, is in need of shots in her back, on new medicine for life for gout... hers is at record high... several other things... Congestive heart failure at the top of the list... and an infection in the blood stream, checking on that as we talked...

So just prayers for what God knows she needs... Bill sends his heartfelt thanks and says he is so ashamed of not being better about up dates, and asking for more prayers...
he sounded more like Bill than he has since summer... so I know he spent some deep one on one time with GOD...

Prayers continue. Thanks for the update, Sonja.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #5044
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Thanks Suzy. If (when) I sell it to The Wild Rose Press, it will be available as an eBook for 6 months before it goes to print copies.


Ah ... perfect for me.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #5045
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
hi girls! Thought I'd drop in and say 'hey'. I'm pretty sore today since I stepped off the next to the bottom step (missed the bottom step completely) and it really jarred me. Of course I'm still stiff and sore. I think I'll be starting PT next week. We had rain here yesterday and late last night about 1/2" total, but we could use more. Kelly, did ya'll get much rain down your way? We could use a really good snow and lots of it! Tomorrow is gonna be 58 so no snow tomorrow. I haven't touched a stamp set or nothing, just have no energy. But I know what that is from and can't do anything about it til March. Need blood work done at the end of Feb then see the dr in March. My vit B12 is VERY VERY LOW!

I'm doing really well on the Chanix. Haven't been smoking. So I'm hoping to keep it up. I really NEED to quit.

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a great night...ttyl
Lois you really need to be more careful. You sure don't want to undo all the work that's been done. Hope you get to feeling better.

That's fabulous news that you're quitting smoking! Good girl!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #5046
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
The working name for this book is Jessie's Dream


There’s no place like home when the rest of the world crashes around you. That’s why Jessie Daniels returns to Plaid, Texas after an abusive relationship leaves her battered and pregnant. Despite the painful memories of her brother’s death six years ago, it’s still the safest place she knows to start a new life and raise her child. What she doesn’t count on are the feelings for childhood friend Brent McCormack.

Nashville executives say Brent McCormack isn't commercial enough, but he's done playing their games. He packs up his guitar and returns home to Plaid to help run his father's cattle ranch and play the kind of music he loves. Seeing the grown-up Jessie Daniels ignites a new passion inside him.

When Jessie’s ex boyfriend barrels into the Lonesome Steer honkytonk determined to drag her back to Wyoming, it’s Brent who steps in and discourages him. Brent wants to always be there for Jessie, but he can't give up the idea her parents blame him for their son's death. If they can't forgive him, how can he forgive himself and make a life with Jessie and her child?
Great going Kelly. Sounds like it's my kind of book. Get going on it.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #5047
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Well, I checked Dustin's temp about a half hour after he got up this morning, and it was back up to 100.8. So Keith called and got him in to see Janet at 11. I got home just as they were taken back to the room, so I went up and joined them. She said his ears and throat look great, his breathing is clear all the way down, his abdomen is soft and no problems. She thinks whatever it is is viral, and actually on it's way out of him. But his sinus area is really swollen and she put him on zithromax so that it doesn't take over while his immunes are down. He should be good to go to school by Monday. His response? "How about Wednesday?" LOL
LOL! Even sick he has a sense of humor! Gotta give it a try doesn't he.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #5048
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
speaking of prayers, Bill just called... woo hoo

however the news is still that we need prayers, the open wound and that infection are not primary issues any more... several other things going on... she sees a heart doctor in a few days, is in need of shots in her back, on new medicine for life for gout... hers is at record high... several other things... Congestive heart failure at the top of the list... and an infection in the blood stream, checking on that as we talked...

So just prayers for what God knows she needs... Bill sends his heartfelt thanks and says he is so ashamed of not being better about up dates, and asking for more prayers...
he sounded more like Bill than he has since summer... so I know he spent some deep one on one time with GOD...
Continuing prayers Soni. I'm so sorry that Marylou is going through all those health issues. Poor lady. She sure has her overabundance of stuff on her plate right now. I hope that the doctors are able to give her some relief from some of those issues.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:55 PM   #5049
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
They are all prayers, sweetie. And we all know prayers work wonders if they're meant to be!
really???? I never knew casting a spell was considered a prayer......but to who?


The storyline looks very promising! Good luck with it
__________________
¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´*~Dody.·´*¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #5050
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
well this sure makes me think it just may not be what God has in mind then lol just saying...
yeah, or maybe last summer wasn't his time frame, whatever; I am open to what will be, will be. I know I will be showing the house with a messy studio, I have too many works in progress. We decided that IF the house sells quick we will just store everything & rent a place on the beach while we take our time and look. I do feel much more at peace with it this year.
__________________
¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´*~Dody.·´*¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #5051
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
speaking of prayers, Bill just called... woo hoo

however the news is still that we need prayers, the open wound and that infection are not primary issues any more... several other things going on... she sees a heart doctor in a few days, is in need of shots in her back, on new medicine for life for gout... hers is at record high... several other things... Congestive heart failure at the top of the list... and an infection in the blood stream, checking on that as we talked...

So just prayers for what God knows she needs... Bill sends his heartfelt thanks and says he is so ashamed of not being better about up dates, and asking for more prayers...
he sounded more like Bill than he has since summer... so I know he spent some deep one on one time with GOD...
I hope they are doing all they can to make her comfortable. I hope Bill is doing better each day, he needs to build up his strength too.
__________________
¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´*~Dody.·´*¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:06 PM   #5052
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Not such good news about Mary Lou. But I'm so glad to hear Bill actual called and talked.
he was joking and sounded more like Bill, focused and able to deal with whatever... yes I was quite happy that he called...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #5053
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
really???? I never knew casting a spell was considered a prayer......but to who?


The storyline looks very promising! Good luck with it
Thanks for the well-wishes, lady.

And yes, Dody, in essence the core of a spell is the prayer to the God and Goddess for their assistance... And every one ends with And as I ask, so Mote It Be..

Meaning I'm asking for this, but the outcome is up to them.

Never be afraid to ask me anything I'm used to people getting their knowledge from what they see on TV... which is as far from the truth as you'll find on anything. That's entertainment lol
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #5054
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
yeah, or maybe last summer wasn't his time frame, whatever; I am open to what will be, will be. I know I will be showing the house with a messy studio, I have too many works in progress. We decided that IF the house sells quick we will just store everything & rent a place on the beach while we take our time and look. I do feel much more at peace with it this year.
Maybe that sense of peace will make all the difference.
Renting while you get a sense for what you're looking for sounds like a good idea.
Have you thought about registering to be a candidate on House Hunters?
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #5055
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
LOL! Even sick he has a sense of humor! Gotta give it a try doesn't he.
well he was not the quiet little boy tonight... he did eat good tho, but much more active and verbal... whew...

they all ate good, Tacos is a really good choice here Ali really liked the carrot cake, I made home made cream cheese frosting... she thought it was pretty good ... tho she was really wanting a layer cake, not a 9 x 13 lol
I told her she had 2 hands that worked, go for it !
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #5056
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

So, Dody... with the curtains off, does that mean you have to make sure the windows are clean?

I think I told you guys but removing the curtains made me smile. Bob's baby sister was appalled I didn't have curtains on my bathroom window. Who was going to see? The Squirrels? LOL

We now have a valance, that hides a roller shade.
We put it up primarily to block the afternoon sun in there. Although it is like walking through a tunnel of sunlight (window reflects in the big mirror over the vanity) when we pass through to our bedroom, it gets really hot in there in the summer. That western sun cooking my bubble tub probably isn't good for it either.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #5057
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Continuing prayers Soni. I'm so sorry that Marylou is going through all those health issues. Poor lady. She sure has her overabundance of stuff on her plate right now. I hope that the doctors are able to give her some relief from some of those issues.
Bill said she was feeling like she got answers at least and a new direction of what was going on... after prayers Sunday night Bill said she seemed to have a bit more life in her... To hear all that is wrong could have been very difficult and caused her to give up...but he says it has not ...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #5058
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
well he was not the quiet little boy tonight... he did eat good tho, but much more active and verbal... whew...

they all ate good, Tacos is a really good choice here Ali really liked the carrot cake, I made home made cream cheese frosting... she thought it was pretty good ... tho she was really wanting a layer cake, not a 9 x 13 lol
I told her she had 2 hands that worked, go for it !
LOL She and Kassie would have so much fun in the kitchen. yeah, layer cake would be good, but carrot cake tastes good in any form. Even in cupcakes!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #5059
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
yeah, or maybe last summer wasn't his time frame, whatever; I am open to what will be, will be. I know I will be showing the house with a messy studio, I have too many works in progress. We decided that IF the house sells quick we will just store everything & rent a place on the beach while we take our time and look. I do feel much more at peace with it this year.
that is good, Peace makes life so much more enjoyable...
and the beach sure would not hurt anything either... : )
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #5060
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Bill said she was feeling like she got answers at least and a new direction of what was going on... after prayers Sunday night Bill said she seemed to have a bit more life in her... To hear all that is wrong could have been very difficult and caused her to give up...but he says it has not ...
Sometimes you NEED to know. You can't make informed decisions if that keyword is lacking. She's known about the heart issue, though, hasn't she? And the fact that maybe whomever they talked to this time doesn't sound like they're giving up on her.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #5061
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
LOL She and Kassie would have so much fun in the kitchen. yeah, layer cake would be good, but carrot cake tastes good in any form. Even in cupcakes!
funny you said that...that is what she thought I was making... I will make cup cakes, but I am not frosting them...just saying...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #5062
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Sometimes you NEED to know. You can't make informed decisions if that keyword is lacking. She's known about the heart issue, though, hasn't she? And the fact that maybe whomever they talked to this time doesn't sound like they're giving up on her.
yes she knows about the heart issue...he told her today the congestion she feels is not her lungs, it is the fluid around her heart... so she was not clear about that... and with her not able to walk, that fluid is more dangerous, so Bill has orders to have her up walking with a walker...she has the new one with a seat and wheels that Donnie had gotten for DADDY... pain or not she has to get mobile... in a healthy way
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:22 PM   #5063
ink, paper, & icing crafter
 
krista_stampinfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gettin' closer to those mountains!!
Posts: 20,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
LOL... Well, he can't play with his Legos if he goes to school mom! Come on.
Most definitely his thought! LOL
__________________
~Krista~
~Come check out My Purple Mountain Therapy blog~
krista_stampinfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #5064
ink, paper, & icing crafter
 
krista_stampinfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gettin' closer to those mountains!!
Posts: 20,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
The working name for this book is Jessie's Dream


There’s no place like home when the rest of the world crashes around you. That’s why Jessie Daniels returns to Plaid, Texas after an abusive relationship leaves her battered and pregnant. Despite the painful memories of her brother’s death six years ago, it’s still the safest place she knows to start a new life and raise her child. What she doesn’t count on are the feelings for childhood friend Brent McCormack.

Nashville executives say Brent McCormack isn't commercial enough, but he's done playing their games. He packs up his guitar and returns home to Plaid to help run his father's cattle ranch and play the kind of music he loves. Seeing the grown-up Jessie Daniels ignites a new passion inside him.

When Jessie’s ex boyfriend barrels into the Lonesome Steer honkytonk determined to drag her back to Wyoming, it’s Brent who steps in and discourages him. Brent wants to always be there for Jessie, but he can't give up the idea her parents blame him for their son's death. If they can't forgive him, how can he forgive himself and make a life with Jessie and her child?
I'll read it!
__________________
~Krista~
~Come check out My Purple Mountain Therapy blog~
krista_stampinfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #5065
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
funny you said that...that is what she thought I was making... I will make cup cakes, but I am not frosting them...just saying...
Without frosting, they'll make a healthy breakfast. Add a glass of milk. Yum!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #5066
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
So, Dody... with the curtains off, does that mean you have to make sure the windows are clean?

I think I told you guys but removing the curtains made me smile. Bob's baby sister was appalled I didn't have curtains on my bathroom window. Who was going to see? The Squirrels? LOL

We now have a valance, that hides a roller shade.
We put it up primarily to block the afternoon sun in there. Although it is like walking through a tunnel of sunlight (window reflects in the big mirror over the vanity) when we pass through to our bedroom, it gets really hot in there in the summer. That western sun cooking my bubble tub probably isn't good for it either.

Hahaha ... it always makes me laugh if someone closes the blinds in my potty room. I can tell you ... there's NO ONE to see! LOL!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #5067
ink, paper, & icing crafter
 
krista_stampinfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gettin' closer to those mountains!!
Posts: 20,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
LOL! Even sick he has a sense of humor! Gotta give it a try doesn't he.
That he does! LOL

However, he sure got an energy rush today! After the last 2 1/2 days of calm, laying around watching tv, playing legos, it was like all the bottled up energy hit at once.
__________________
~Krista~
~Come check out My Purple Mountain Therapy blog~
krista_stampinfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #5068
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
yes she knows about the heart issue...he told her today the congestion she feels is not her lungs, it is the fluid around her heart... so she was not clear about that... and with her not able to walk, that fluid is more dangerous, so Bill has orders to have her up walking with a walker...she has the new one with a seat and wheels that Donnie had gotten for DADDY... pain or not she has to get mobile... in a healthy way
Even if she only starts out with 5 steps and adds one more to it each day. Mobility is sooo important. And yeah, it's going to hurt at first... probably for quite some time... but it will get better as she keeps at it. Prayers for her strength and Bill's patience
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #5069
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Hahaha ... it always makes me laugh if someone closes the blinds in my potty room. I can tell you ... there's NO ONE to see! LOL!!
Exactly!

She would go out to Mom and Dick's 5th wheel to use the bathroom after she discovered that missing decor
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #5070
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Did we decide we weren't going with a new name?
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #5071
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

Okay ladies,
I've gotten it quite warm in here. Can't even focus on the manuscript. I'm headed to bed where I have a fan.

Sweet Dreams!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #5072
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

I have a few pages to finish this book and I want to be in bed early I have
to be up early and out of the house by 8:30 to get Daisy to her appointment on time...
the rest of my day has been changed, the friend I was going to see at the nursing home is in the hospital again, and Lisa is not at the store... So, I am not sure what I will do... Maybe some shopping on the way home if it is not too cold for Daisy for a few minutes ...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #5073
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
So, Dody... with the curtains off, does that mean you have to make sure the windows are clean?

I think I told you guys but removing the curtains made me smile. Bob's baby sister was appalled I didn't have curtains on my bathroom window. Who was going to see? The Squirrels? LOL

We now have a valance, that hides a roller shade.
We put it up primarily to block the afternoon sun in there. Although it is like walking through a tunnel of sunlight (window reflects in the big mirror over the vanity) when we pass through to our bedroom, it gets really hot in there in the summer. That western sun cooking my bubble tub probably isn't good for it either.
LOL!!! It was just a valance & I do have mini blinds on all windows....and I washed little hand prints off the door today too.
__________________
¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´*~Dody.·´*¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #5074
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,962
Default

I was wondering about the name too....leave crumbs!
__________________
¸.·´* .·´*¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´*~Dody.·´*¨¨))
-:¦:- ·· ((¸¸.·´* .·´*((¸¸.·.·´ *-:¦:- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #5075
ink, paper, & icing crafter
 
krista_stampinfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gettin' closer to those mountains!!
Posts: 20,188
Default

Mooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!!



I need more mod podge to finish my boxes
Do you think maybe you can pick up a bottle at HL tomorrow?

... and maybe a new foam brush?! Mine are all really bad now.
Pwetty pwetty pwease? heehee

Luv you!
__________________
~Krista~
~Come check out My Purple Mountain Therapy blog~

Last edited by krista_stampinfun; 01-26-2012 at 07:11 PM..
krista_stampinfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #5076
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I was wondering about the name too....leave crumbs!
Hmmm. .. . Guess it's up to me! If we're going to just have one thread, I like Dody's idea of making us just The Quackers!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #5077
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Since I had post 5000 (and didn't even notice it until just now), I went ahead and started our forever home The Quackers unless someone sometime wants to start a new one.

We're here - The Quackers!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #5078
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 132,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I have a few pages to finish this book and I want to be in bed early I have
to be up early and out of the house by 8:30 to get Daisy to her appointment on time...
the rest of my day has been changed, the friend I was going to see at the nursing home is in the hospital again, and Lisa is not at the store... So, I am not sure what I will do... Maybe some shopping on the way home if it is not too cold for Daisy for a few minutes ...
I hope you have a good day tomorrow Soni. Sorry you're plans had to change.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #5079
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,913
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Mooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!!



I need more mod podge to finish my boxes
Do you think maybe you can pick up a bottle at HL tomorrow?

... and maybe a new foam brush?! Mine are all really bad now.
Pwetty pwetty pwease? heehee

Luv you!
well I will see.....
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #5080
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,837
Default

I have jumped ship. See you on the new island!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off