In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6771Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 05:58 AM   #24761
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
missed the jeep info, guess I best trot over to FB
Ali wants a jeep you know now that she is 16 loland she wants it lime green... lol

Krista had a car mold, used that and cut it to look like a jeep ~... for her cake...

yes I am on the look out for a small lime green jeep for Christmas...lol
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Beachbound likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #24762
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
LOL! Did you see the picture of it?????


I did! It is awesome! Krista did such a great job.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener, Soni B and Beachbound like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:05 AM   #24763
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I wasn't stuffy either . Started with scratchy throat and then got the low grade fever and the runny nose with sinus drainage.




No throat issues, either. No drainage or anything.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener and Soni B like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #24764
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Ali and I had a very quiet night lol she sat in my chair I laid on my couch

I am sure it is not the memory she was hoping for ~ for her special day...
I was glad to see a smile or two....


I am off to bed, in hopes of sleeping


Shell hope you can sleep better
Maggie hope you are feeling better too






temps are dropping already... might be a cold night here ...


night '


Thanks. I slept better last night. Gonna take it easy today.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:09 AM   #24765
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
oh no!!! Not the time to be sick I hope you can shake this bug quickly.




Yeah, you aren't kidding. Fortunately, all the decorating is done, and the kids are old enough to help with cleaning and such. I'm going to just sit around today and do some shopping. Maybe, I'll even get my stamping friends' Christmas cards address, too.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #24766
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Ali wants a jeep you know now that she is 16 loland she wants it lime green... lol

Krista had a car mold, used that and cut it to look like a jeep ~... for her cake...

yes I am on the look out for a small lime green jeep for Christmas...lol




I found one on ebay ... Vintage Majorette 268 Jeep CJ 1 54 RARE Lime Green Ver Official Jeep Licensed | eBay
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #24767
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Wow! A jeep for Ali's birthday. Nice gift for a 16 year old!
lol definitely not exactly what she wanted... driving grammas car with have to make her happy for now
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Shell likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #24768
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Good Morning... I slept really good, I only woke up once at 1:30 then at 6:00...and I crawled back into bed then...lol
Sad to say last night as I curled up with my blanket I felt it coming...yep I have yukkies... mostly nasal and some drainage...still a sore throat...
I am glad I am home, with tasks that are easy and allow me to rest in between...
a few phone calls, and a baby scarf that will take 10 minutes tops...just fleece cut and cut strips for fringe ...I may add ribbon if I have any to match ~ for baby Zoey...

Randy is in Indy for the second time this week ~ talking to doctors about the new spot they found and what course they have decided on ~ if you will keep him in your thoughts...

I am off to fix more tea ...
Oh, sorry, looks like the sickies are hitting all over the country. Glad that you don't need to go out. Stay home and rest.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #24769
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,920
Default

I went and had a massage last night and it really did me so much good. I slept like a baby straight through the night. I hope that lasts a few days. It also helped with the pain I've been having in my upper arms. Very pleased with this new lady. Hope she sticks around my area for awhile.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SuzyS1104 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #24770
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
thanks... I talked to Donnie and he bought it he wanted just some thing little to make them each smile... he was so hoping to be here by Christmas...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #24771
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Oh, sorry, looks like the sickies are hitting all over the country. Glad that you don't need to go out. Stay home and rest.
Thanks Maggie I am, as I said any of my things that needed done are minor and no time element involved...except making that scarf... but that will not take long ~ I planned on going to watch Cody play basketball tonight...but not sure about that...

potato soup cooking for lunch. Krista will join me...not sure about Ali...


I hope to take more meds and curl up in my chair to rest for a while...


Nativity is in place in curio, sweeper ran to clean up styro -foam mess...
two of three phone calls made ...and a load of laundry waiting to be hung up or put in dryer... and every day decor put in a box making room for a little mote Christmas pretties hair washed and even got sweats on lol
not bad for my morning...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #24772
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I went and had a massage last night and it really did me so much good. I slept like a baby straight through the night. I hope that lasts a few days. It also helped with the pain I've been having in my upper arms. Very pleased with this new lady. Hope she sticks around my area for awhile.
that sounds so good! I could use that on my back, I try not to hunch over the sewing machine but I still end up leaning forward over the ironing board, cutting table or the machine. ouch!
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #24773
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

85* today, sure doesn't feel like Christmas yet.
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #24774
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
85* today, sure doesn't feel like Christmas yet.
Come visit here. It's gone down to 50 over the day and will get colder by tomorrow. Over the weekend and into Monday the lows are to be in the 20's!!!!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrr.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Beachbound likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #24775
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
thanks... I talked to Donnie and he bought it he wanted just some thing little to make them each smile... he was so hoping to be here by Christmas...




Good.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #24776
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
that sounds so good! I could use that on my back, I try not to hunch over the sewing machine but I still end up leaning forward over the ironing board, cutting table or the machine. ouch!




I totally understand that. I have a regular folding chair as my 'sewing' chair', and it just doesn't work well. I do the same thing. My shoulders get so bunched up.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #24777
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
85* today, sure doesn't feel like Christmas yet.




Over 70 here again today. Kind of makes me wonder what we have ahead of us ... after warm weather, Georgia is notorious for getting ice/snow....












I can hope, right???
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #24778
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

single digit here tonight no precip of any link

looking out west at minus degrees and snow makes me wonder what next week may bring... and I will need to drive a few days...


I am thankful for my days home right now, I took a nap in my chair
and have not done too much else, finished up a load of laundry, had a phone call, got to hear I sound nasty...lol that always helps lol took a long HOT bath hoping the stem opened up some more so it can all run its course


almost time for medicine. and curling up again


hope you all have a nice evening
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #24779
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,629
Default

Well, the ice storm has hit here. It will in the 20's tonight...and not get very warm tomorrow. All the schools are closed tomorrow. I was at school today. The messy weather didn't hit until about 3pm today. I was glad that the rocket club at one of the high schools canceled. It would have been a mess to get there. I checked emails before we packed the car. Good thing I did! I had asked the teacher to call us. So, he sent an email before 8am. I left the house for school about 8:15am. I never had the computer on. No phone call.
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #24780
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,629
Default

I'll be canceling my chiropractor appt tomorrow morning. No way I'm getting out! So, that will be rescheduled for next week.
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Beachbound likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:38 PM   #24781
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,629
Default

Just finished watching the Sound of Music. I enjoyed it....it was a bit different than the movie version. A couple of songs I had never heard before. Those might have been in the original stage version.
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:12 AM   #24782
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Just finished watching the Sound of Music. I enjoyed it....it was a bit different than the movie version. A couple of songs I had never heard before. Those might have been in the original stage version.
I watched it also, but I'm afraid that no one can take Julie Andrews place in that show. Not sure I liked the live version of it.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #24783
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I totally understand that. I have a regular folding chair as my 'sewing' chair', and it just doesn't work well. I do the same thing. My shoulders get so bunched up.
I use an office chair on wheels. It works fine but I tend to want to get up close to the needle, lol. Silly of me!!! Like that will help
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 AM   #24784
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Well, the ice storm has hit here. It will in the 20's tonight...and not get very warm tomorrow. All the schools are closed tomorrow. I was at school today. The messy weather didn't hit until about 3pm today. I was glad that the rocket club at one of the high schools canceled. It would have been a mess to get there. I checked emails before we packed the car. Good thing I did! I had asked the teacher to call us. So, he sent an email before 8am. I left the house for school about 8:15am. I never had the computer on. No phone call.
wow!!!! just-wow!
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SuzyS1104 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #24785
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Just finished watching the Sound of Music. I enjoyed it....it was a bit different than the movie version. A couple of songs I had never heard before. Those might have been in the original stage version.
I may watch it On Demand. I wondered how it went.
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #24786
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

I got my 4 mile walk in, now it's time for shower & errands. I have not been grocery shopping for 2 weeks. I see kohl's has a friends & family sale going on...maybe I'll hit that too. I need to start shopping sometime, lol!
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:14 AM   #24787
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I use an office chair on wheels. It works fine but I tend to want to get up close to the needle, lol. Silly of me!!! Like that will help




Ha! I do the same thing. That would work for me. I have a rolling chair in the Haven, but not the Seam. The chair I have in there is plastic, and if I move, it causes static. That's rather uncomfortable!! I've put a rubber mat thing in the seat to prevent the static (and it works), but it's not the best chair for the job.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:16 AM   #24788
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Suzy .. stay safe and warm in that ice!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SuzyS1104 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #24789
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I watched it also, but I'm afraid that no one can take Julie Andrews place in that show. Not sure I liked the live version of it.
I agree ... but my thought was perhaps this will intrigue some of the younger generation to at least want to see the movie with Julie Andrews or look into the original stage production?? just a thought... it definitely did not hold my interest...like the movie does : )
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #24790
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,629
Default

Maggie....you are right.....Julie Andrews is still my favorite for that role. Carrie Underwood didn't do too bad. As I remember correctly....Mary Martin did the stage version when I was a kid. Can't see her in anything else besides Peter Pan.

Dody.....yes, I use a chair that has wheels also. It was one that we bought when a scrapbook shop was going out of business. We bought two....one for my sewing room and one for Jack's office. Best $50 I ever spent! These are the really nice chairs that they used in their classroom for scrapbook events. I was just lucky enough to be there at the right time. I asked her to save one for me....needed to get the other car. Jack told me to call and have her save another. Called her just in time....she had two left out of 20.

Shell....yes, I'm staying in today. It's very white and plenty of ice on the ground!!! Right now, it's about 21*....still have some sleet coming down. Looks like we'll get a dusting of snow before it's all over. Sure glad I went grocery shopping on Tuesday. I planned for this to happen...just in case. They showed grocery stores with empty shelves....gosh!
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:08 AM   #24791
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,629
Default

Soni....yes, it was different with the Live version on TV. It does give a different feel compared to the movie where you have the beautiful scenery, buildings etc. My grandmother was in the area where it was filmed so she couldn't wait to see the movie. In the movie with Julie Andrews....they actually had the real Maria make a cameo appearance. But, if you don't know where....it doesn't really matter.

So....here is a trivia question for y'all......Where in the movie does the real Maria make her cameo appearance?
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #24792
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Good Morning ~ yep a little late

I was up at 6:00 am .took medicine and went back to bed ... I decided I am not going in to see the girls get pictures taken ( Tammy's girls )
thank goodness Krista is, and picking up a couple of things for me too...She is delivering a cake...She offered free cakes to any family in Washington ( where the tornado hit ) if they had a childs birthday She knows our family there has little ones and know many that are affected...she just wanted to give something...


seems the sickies are traveling through... more basal and the start of a slight cough... as long as it does not stay in one I am good lol just keep moving on thru...lol


Another quiet day of staying in and warm... and resting...


Dody let me know if you find any good deals at Kohls.~ they were on my list for today * sigh
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #24793
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 131,920
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Soni....yes, it was different with the Live version on TV. It does give a different feel compared to the movie where you have the beautiful scenery, buildings etc. My grandmother was in the area where it was filmed so she couldn't wait to see the movie. In the movie with Julie Andrews....they actually had the real Maria make a cameo appearance. But, if you don't know where....it doesn't really matter.

So....here is a trivia question for y'all......Where in the movie does the real Maria make her cameo appearance?
I had to Google to find the answer Suzy. It's so interesting to read the real story also about Maria and how she came to marry Captain Von Trapp.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
SuzyS1104 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #24794
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,524
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Thanks Suzy I too took Maggie's lead and went to read... I had some back ground as I remember doing a paper on her in school but this was enlightening...

ok off to rest or try to accomplish some thing...
hope you all have a good day
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #24795
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Soni....yes, it was different with the Live version on TV. It does give a different feel compared to the movie where you have the beautiful scenery, buildings etc. My grandmother was in the area where it was filmed so she couldn't wait to see the movie. In the movie with Julie Andrews....they actually had the real Maria make a cameo appearance. But, if you don't know where....it doesn't really matter.

So....here is a trivia question for y'all......Where in the movie does the real Maria make her cameo appearance?
My grandma was born where the movie took place. She was sooo excited when the movie came out & she could see her homeland, she never returned to visit after leaving when she was 16.

Suzy, I will guess she was a nun.
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #24796
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Good Morning ~ yep a little late

I was up at 6:00 am .took medicine and went back to bed ... I decided I am not going in to see the girls get pictures taken ( Tammy's girls )
thank goodness Krista is, and picking up a couple of things for me too...She is delivering a cake...She offered free cakes to any family in Washington ( where the tornado hit ) if they had a childs birthday She knows our family there has little ones and know many that are affected...she just wanted to give something...


seems the sickies are traveling through... more basal and the start of a slight cough... as long as it does not stay in one I am good lol just keep moving on thru...lol


Another quiet day of staying in and warm... and resting...


Dody let me know if you find any good deals at Kohls.~ they were on my list for today * sigh
I am running late but hope to still get there. I tried ordering shirts for Bud online but found we had signed up with his email & I didn't want him getting the order confirmation. So now what happens? On FB kohl's ads pops up with those shirts!!!!Great way to spoil a surprise since he is on my laptop as much as I am.
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #24797
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Maggie....you are right.....Julie Andrews is still my favorite for that role. Carrie Underwood didn't do too bad. As I remember correctly....Mary Martin did the stage version when I was a kid. Can't see her in anything else besides Peter Pan.

Dody.....yes, I use a chair that has wheels also. It was one that we bought when a scrapbook shop was going out of business. We bought two....one for my sewing room and one for Jack's office. Best $50 I ever spent! These are the really nice chairs that they used in their classroom for scrapbook events. I was just lucky enough to be there at the right time. I asked her to save one for me....needed to get the other car. Jack told me to call and have her save another. Called her just in time....she had two left out of 20.

Shell....yes, I'm staying in today. It's very white and plenty of ice on the ground!!! Right now, it's about 21*....still have some sleet coming down. Looks like we'll get a dusting of snow before it's all over. Sure glad I went grocery shopping on Tuesday. I planned for this to happen...just in case. They showed grocery stores with empty shelves....gosh!


I am hoping that we'll get some of that eventually.


That happens every time someone here mentions snow ... everyone runs out for milk, bread, and eggs. I guess they're making French toast! LOL!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:45 PM   #24798
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I am hoping that we'll get some of that eventually.


That happens every time someone here mentions snow ... everyone runs out for milk, bread, and eggs. I guess they're making French toast! LOL!
and it must give them the trots because all of the toilet paper is snapped up too.
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
mschoener likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #24799
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
and it must give them the trots because all of the toilet paper is snapped up too.




*spew*
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #24800
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,591
Default

Home from all of my errands. Got some Christmas shopping done, not much but a start. Tomorrow I can stay home until the pot luck dinner. yay!
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Shell likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off