Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #24481
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoca Sue View Post
I'm working Christmas Day, so we will do our Christmas on the 24th.

Your Thanksgiving menu sound wonderful. I may change up the vegetable dish for my Christmas menu and do that corn pudding thing like what I had at your house - I believe Brooke put it together. I'm trying to do as much as possible in the oven so we can just relax. Figure if I get it put together, then it can all be put into Davina's oven to cook.

Question for everyone's opinion - Cody and Ashley will probably each have their friend's there for dinner, as well as Betsy will have her fiancee - I don't plan on buying gifts for those people as not yet part of family. Am I thinking wrongly? Betsy has been with Chris for over a year, engaged now, getting married in 2015 (which may or may not happen - that's a long time away yet). So not sure. Betsy and Chris are now living together, so Betsy's gift will be all money so that if she needs something for the apartment, she can get it.

I only have 3 presents left to buy. Just for Chad, Cody & Ashley. Davina is done, thanks to Tammy's bags. Davina is going shopping to take advantage of Black Friday deals, so I told her to watch (pick up if can) gifts for those three. Gave her the limit I want to spend and that way if she sees something spectacular or maybe wants to add my limit to her limit she can do so.

I still have Mom's tree here, and it's about the size of your tree Soni, but it takes up so much room. My living room is about the size of a bedroom 12x15 - so wanted to down size my tree. I took advantage of some pre-Thanksgiving deals to get the tree for $30 and then the rest I just watched the prices and like I said not much for ornaments on the tree this year, but I can always add to them each year.
I know it is hard to buy for non family members when they attend a family day ~ I struggle with this too

I have given in to a ten dollar gift card...gas or starbucks nature... unless other family members want to join in a gift... that is just me... I am a softie I guess : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:03 PM   #24482
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I think I've gone 10 years without buying it!!! But we are watching what we eat real careful now & Publix did have it BOGO....I've bought 6 bunches in the last few weeks, lol. Drum Roll....... I have lost 11 pounds!!!!! YAY!

Hahaha! I don't get it because I don't eat it. I use it for parties and such with cream cheese and olives. Jaydin eats it, too. She just eats it for the heck of it.

If it takes eating celery to lose the weight .... I'll have to stay overweight!! LOL!!

Congrats on the weight loss!!!!! I need to start working out again. I just haven't been able to force myself to do that yet.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #24483
Total Quack

Quote:
I put French seams in the sleeves today, wow! Haven't done those in over 40 years!!! Jaydin is learning at the best time possible, they are such sponges at her age. She will always remember what she learns even if she doesn't use it....well, for 40 years, hahahaha.

Oooooh! I love French seams. I use them when I can ... and when I have time to do it.

I agree. I hope she does remember, and I hope it's a hobby she can use and return to all of her life.

Old 11-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #24484
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Oooooh! I love French seams. I use them when I can ... and when I have time to do it.

I agree. I hope she does remember, and I hope it's a hobby she can use and return to all of her life .
Indeed, it is sad to me how many women can't or won't sew even a hem or button. Now I realized major sewing or quilting is not everyone's cup of tea but sewing a button??? Or repairing a quick seam that came loose, a skill worth having.

Cards from the Cabana
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #24485
Total Quack

Quote:
Indeed, it is sad to me how many women can't or won't sew even a hem or button. Now I realized major sewing or quilting is not everyone's cup of tea but sewing a button??? Or repairing a quick seam that came loose, a skill worth having.

Definitely. And I taught myself to do some of that when I was a kid. I'm glad she's learning the right way to do things now. Of course, by the time she's an adult, she may be able to make a fortune doing alterations or making custom clothes/dresses just because there won't be anyone out there with the ability to do it. There are just so few learning now.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #24486
Mini Quack

Quote:
I had to laugh~ I can sew a button on but as soon as I button it, it falls off... just not my best thing lol Now Wally, he had awesome hand sewing skills... great stitches nice and neat and his buttons never fell off

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Beachbound likes this post.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #24487
Mini Quack

well bummer the movie on now is one I have seen... I am not into watching football so maybe I will read... off to fix some Ovaltine and grab a book

hope you all rest well

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2013, 05:42 AM   #24488
Mini Quack

Good Morning... I slept a little better last night, I was only awake twice I think... It is warmer up near 30, winds are not as strong as either ...plus I hear SNOW is expected

I need to get that box to the post office , but our P O is only oped for 2 1/2 hours now early in the am so I will probably need to drive to Elmwood...about 8 miles away ...but that consignment shop is there so I can browse and see if there is any thing for the boys

I need to bal check book pay a couple bills and not much else today

Love my Mondays... but I am sure I am about to loose them for a few weeks

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #24489
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, ladies!
I'll go back and read maybe this afternoon. Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing. Very cold here. We had sleet this morning. I need to take a timber walk to see if I can find any logs that aren't as dry as the ones we have in the driveway.

Today is all about cleaning the living room/ dining room. Cleaning one room a day this week then next week I can decorate to the hilt before getting the girls.
Shell likes this post.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #24490
First To Quack

good morning all! It sure is windy here. Luckily the wind didn't pick up until after our walk. We got in over 4 miles today! YAY!!!! Best news is that I feel okay afterwards. Yes, I am winded but we can still walk & talk & maintain an almost 3 miles an hours pace. I am so pleased that I am actually losing weight now instead of putting it on. I do have a few parties next month but I will just be smart (and walk that day!)

Cards from the Cabana
Shell, mschoener and Soni B like this post.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:01 AM   #24491
First To Quack

My poor Christmas tree is still only half up, lol. Bud had the chance to go birding with one of his best buddies from Ga. He needs the relaxation but wait, birding involves a lot of walking & carrying junk. Well, at least he's having fun I don't know if I told y'all but he has to work from 5-3:30am on Thanksgiving/black Friday then go in again at noon. He will be beat! And he has to miss the neighborhood Christmas Pot Luck. Bummer for him, I'm still going! I know so many people now that I feel just fine going without him. So I am not going to fuss at him about getting the lights on the tree, I think tomorrow is just fine!

Also great news!!! Stephanie & family are planning on coming down the day after Christmas! Whoohoo!!! I thought I would not get to see them this year. But I will still miss Jen & family. I wonder when/if she'll ever get down here. I can't complain though, at least I will have 2 out of three kids here.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #24492
First To Quack

okay, I need to drag my fanny upstairs and think about the next costume. oh-joy; NOT!

Cards from the Cabana
mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #24493
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Good morning, ladies!
I'll go back and read maybe this afternoon. Just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing. Very cold here. We had sleet this morning. I need to take a timber walk to see if I can find any logs that aren't as dry as the ones we have in the driveway.

Today is all about cleaning the living room/ dining room. Cleaning one room a day this week then next week I can decorate to the hilt before getting the girls.
enjoy your time with them...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #24494
Mini Quack

Quote:
My poor Christmas tree is still only half up, lol. Bud had the chance to go birding with one of his best buddies from Ga. He needs the relaxation but wait, birding involves a lot of walking & carrying junk. Well, at least he's having fun I don't know if I told y'all but he has to work from 5-3:30am on Thanksgiving/black Friday then go in again at noon. He will be beat! And he has to miss the neighborhood Christmas Pot Luck. Bummer for him, I'm still going! I know so many people now that I feel just fine going without him. So I am not going to fuss at him about getting the lights on the tree, I think tomorrow is just fine!

Also great news!!! Stephanie & family are planning on coming down the day after Christmas! Whoohoo!!! I thought I would not get to see them this year. But I will still miss Jen & family. I wonder when/if she'll ever get down here. I can't complain though, at least I will have 2 out of three kids here.
sorry Bud will miss out ! always seems to be a set back to trying to do good ~
Oh what happy news... that will brighten your spirits for sure...hope to see some great pictures...
I am so happy you have settled in and found new friends and are enjoying life there ... God is Good : )
My blessings may not be in the same form ~ but HE knows what we each need ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #24495
Mini Quack

Well I did get myself presentable in good time and was able to just go uptown Williamsfield to mail my package out yippee Now I am home, had english muffin with Spun honey~ I finally found some at Krogers ans was under $5.00 woo hoo and I am in warm sweats...

Just had a wonderful blessing in the mail today... I am just humbled ~...
but I am smiling and my plan is to do that throughout this season so my love can get out , not be hidden or tarnished...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #24496
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
That stew sounds yummy... stew and home made bread or good rolls is an awesome winter time meal

I am making pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving...have not decided if I am making my crust or using Pillsbury...lol myself I prefer home made , my kids EH not so much...lol I bet they win...lol

I have enjoyed my after noon and evening... other than making a casserole for supper and eating, I have done nothing but watch The Hallmark channel... A little Ovaltine and I think I will watch a little more , perhaps in bed : )
The chicken stew was very yummy! I'm sure I'll be making it again sometime soon. I had forgotten to buy bread so I made drop biscuits instead. They turned out pretty good too.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #24497
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Did y'all know that if you cut the bottom off of a bunch of celery & stick it in the ground or water that it grows another bunch? I saw this on Pinterest & decided to try it last week. I have about an inch of growth in the center already!!!! How cool is that! I know it would do better in the ground but until temps go back up at night it will stay in water or maybe a flower pot.
wow! I didn't know that. So, you have to use the whole bunch together for it to do that? I don't use celery much, but I think it would be fun to see about growing some.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #24498
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
slept in a little today - got up at 6:45. Then got my grocery list ready - ingredients for cookie baking. Haven't done any Christmas baking for about 10yrs - wonder if I'll remember how.

Worked yesterday - on the way home, stopped and bought myself a new Christmas tree. Got a 4.5 ft pre-lit tree. Going to start a new tradition - scaling down. Had to get new ornaments too - mine are all too big. So bought new ornaments, garland, topper and shirt - including the price of the tree, spent less than $54. Thought that's not too bad for something I plan on using for the next 20yrs or so. I bought all red and gold ornaments. Figure I can add other small ornaments - maybe a couple each year.

I have some collectible Disney ornaments, but they are being slowing given to Addison. For about 10 days, each day she will have a wrapped ornament to open. We never say who they're from, just that they are at her house ready to open. Going to get those wrapped this week.

Davina, the girls and I all went grocery shopping together, then went thru a drive-thru for for sandwiches for lunch. I finished up my shopping before Davina, so while I was waiting I started my menu planning for Christmas dinner. Davina does Thanksgiving and I do Christmas. Weather permitting, will be steaks on the grill, Cheesy Hashbrowns, wilted lettuce salad, mixed vegetable casserole(like green bean only will be using brocc/caul/carrots), garlic bread and pecan pie.
Wow! That was an awesome price for everything including the tree. Where did you buy it? That's the size that I want to buy for my house. I don't want a big one anymore and I don't think I'd use breakable ornaments on it either anymore with the kitties. I'm sure they'd just love to play with it all.

Sounds like a yummy dinner.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #24499
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Horrible cold here - can feel it along the floor in my kitchen. So have let the girls into the dining room which is centrally located with only 1 outside wall to the east - warmest room in the house. Sophie has discovered her cat bed that was bought when I first got her. It's cozy warm and no floor drafts can reach her. She loves it.

Think I will be putting the flannel sheets on my bed tomorrow. Going to do laundry and that's a good time to make the change.

Did I mention I'm on vacation all week??? Woo hoo for me. I have today and the next 7 days just to do what I want. Going to have Addison on the 29th - but we've already got the day planned. That's when she's helping me decorate my new tree.
I have a couple of cat pad beds for my kitties inside, but they like being up on the trees more - the different level pedestals. I did put a couple kitty pads out on the patio for the outside kitties if they've a mind to lay on them. Saturday I put a big cozy blanket folded up out there too. I thought some of them would like that. I feel so bad that they are out in this nasty weather, but it doesn't seem to bother them.

I did notice that my Missy cat (she's gray and white) has something going on with her ears. They look and feel rough along the edges. I'm hoping that it's not the same thing that Snowball had. I hope to take her to the vet after the holidays and have it looked at. If it is the same thing, then I don't think I'm going to wait and let it go like I did with Snowball. I don't think I could go through watching that again.

Enjoy your time off. I know you deserve it!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #24500
Stazon Splitcoast

Cold here today. Snowing and blowing when I got up at 5:30 but by 9:00am was all done snowing. Still blowing a bit though.

Laundry is done.
Dishes are done.
Prescriptions ordered.
Rest banking password.

Now I have to deal with Antivirus Software issue. I paid for a renewal of McAfee in October and it won't let me install - says I have to delete a Microsoft program which is not even listed in my programs. Mind you this is a renewal and I have added no new programs to my computer - so I'm thinking that Microsoft program has always been there. Why does it have to be renewed?? Going to have McAfee either load my paid renewal or refund the money. I did the renewal based on an email from them, using the link they provided.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #24501
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Girl, I already have flannel sheets on my bed!!!! Of course we don't use a blanket unless it gets into the 50s. I'll be pulling up my quilt today!
I need to change out my sheets to and the flannel ones sound so warm and cozy. I don't like using flannel pillow cases though. I'm strange that way. I like to have my pillowcases "cool" and the flannel ones are too warm. I bet my kitties would like them though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 11:51 AM   #24502
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Wow! That was an awesome price for everything including the tree. Where did you buy it? That's the size that I want to buy for my house. I don't want a big one anymore and I don't think I'd use breakable ornaments on it either anymore with the kitties. I'm sure they'd just love to play with it all.

Sounds like a yummy dinner.
It's a home improvement store - Menard's. Not sure if they are in Texas. The ornaments are plastic - shatterproof.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #24503
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning, ladies!

Oh. So cold with the sleet. Be safe. How is Bear doing outside?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #24504
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sorry that Bud will miss the Christmas Pot Luck, but oh well, that's what happens when you work retail.

I really wish that I had the wherewithal get out and walk every day or at least to do the Walk at Home. I won't have time tonight, but I will tommor night and I'll try to do it on Wednesday also. I can only do a mile right now, but at least that is something.

Yeah! So glad that you'll have family down after all. Will you wait then and celebrate Christmas when they are all there?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #24505
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It's a home improvement store - Menard's. Not sure if they are in Texas. The ornaments are plastic - shatterproof.
I"ve heard of them, but I don't think we have them anywhere close to me. You got a really good deal on everything.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #24506
Quacker Stamper

I have a Family History meeting to go to tonight at 7 so won't have much time for anything else. I do have a card that I need to upload to my blog tonight so it will show on the DT challenge blog tomorrow. If my boss leaves early, I may try to finish that this afternoon. He has a plane to catch to Austin tonight, but it has been delayed 45 minutes so he won't have to be there as early as he expected to be. Yeah, he'll be gone all day tomorrow!

Sue, how are things going with your Family History research?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #24507
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, my family history is going strong. Kept getting some people with the same last name and similar first names showing up when I searched so decided to start what I call an alternate tree to see if there were any ties. Well it seems that a direct ancestor of mine married a lady with the last name of Wheat and one of the men in the alternate tree also was married to a lady named Wheat - both ladies are from Vermont area. Now that can't be a coincidence in my thoughts. Two ladies named Wheat each married a Sturdevant. Thinking this may be the missing link I am looking for.

Also have been contacted by a lady who tells me that the date I have recorded in my tree for my 2nd great grandfather's year of birth is wrong because she had seen a family bible with the "correct" date written in pencil. Excuse me, my date is off the gravestone which the family purchased back in the mid 1800s. Not likely that the widow used the wrong date of birth - could happen, but not likely. Also knowing how many mistakes I have discovered that my own mother recorded wrong based on my seeing copies of obituaries - a penciled date in a bible isn't going to make me change a date that was gotten from a carving in stone.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #24508
First To Quack

Quote:
Well I did get myself presentable in good time and was able to just go uptown Williamsfield to mail my package out yippee Now I am home, had english muffin with Spun honey~ I finally found some at Krogers ans was under $5.00 woo hoo and I am in warm sweats...

Just had a wonderful blessing in the mail today... I am just humbled ~...
but I am smiling and my plan is to do that throughout this season so my love can get out , not be hidden or tarnished...
happy mail is always welcome, I am glad whatever you got made you happy.

Cards from the Cabana
Soni B likes this post.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #24509
First To Quack

Quote:
wow! I didn't know that. So, you have to use the whole bunch together for it to do that? I don't use celery much, but I think it would be fun to see about growing some.
It's really just the center that grows so I guess you can trim off the big outside stalks. I'm like a big kid when it comes to that kind of thing. When I get another one going (3) in different growth stages, I'll post a picture on FB. The first one I did has lots of leaves & is over an inch already! And it is growing roots

Cards from the Cabana
Shell and mschoener like this post.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #24510
First To Quack

Quote:
Sorry that Bud will miss the Christmas Pot Luck, but oh well, that's what happens when you work retail.

I really wish that I had the wherewithal get out and walk every day or at least to do the Walk at Home. I won't have time tonight, but I will tommor night and I'll try to do it on Wednesday also. I can only do a mile right now, but at least that is something.

Yeah! So glad that you'll have family down after all. Will you wait then and celebrate Christmas when they are all there?
Walking with others has been a lifesaver for me. Once we get talking we forget how much it hurts (until we get home & the muscles remind us ) and we have steep hills in my neighborhood so we are really getting a tough workout. I huff and I puff but I keep going. Since you work during the day I can understand how hard getting anything done after work must be, even more so now that it gets dark so early.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2013, 12:28 PM   #24511
First To Quack

Quote:
Maggie, my family history is going strong. Kept getting some people with the same last name and similar first names showing up when I searched so decided to start what I call an alternate tree to see if there were any ties. Well it seems that a direct ancestor of mine married a lady with the last name of Wheat and one of the men in the alternate tree also was married to a lady named Wheat - both ladies are from Vermont area. Now that can't be a coincidence in my thoughts. Two ladies named Wheat each married a Sturdevant. Thinking this may be the missing link I am looking for.

Also have been contacted by a lady who tells me that the date I have recorded in my tree for my 2nd great grandfather's year of birth is wrong because she had seen a family bible with the "correct" date written in pencil. Excuse me, my date is off the gravestone which the family purchased back in the mid 1800s. Not likely that the widow used the wrong date of birth - could happen, but not likely. Also knowing how many mistakes I have discovered that my own mother recorded wrong based on my seeing copies of obituaries - a penciled date in a bible isn't going to make me change a date that was gotten from a carving in stone .

oh I can relate to that! When I was doing my research a far flung cousin called me to go over her info & compare. She tried to convince me that my dates for my dad's birth & marriage were wrong. HELLO!!! it was MY dad!!! I think I could safety call that

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #24512
Stazon Splitcoast

I've actually got some ideas for Christmas cards - now lets see if I can find the time to get them created and mailed before Christmas.

Only have 2 items left on my chore list for today that I have to do yet.

One is contact McAfee about a refund or installation.

Other is to make the Chex cereal party mix. Haven't made that in about 10yrs either. Gave up my holiday treats during my time in Lone Rock. Just now realizing how the continual bullying brought me down. My kids will tell you that Christmas was my favorite holiday - used to start decorating and baking on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Used to decorate every room in the house, including the bathroom with lights, garland and ornaments. Only did that 1 year in Lone Rock and was made to feel like I was being childish by getting so excited over Christmas. Now I am free to be "childish" again - I am so looking forward to that feeling.

Yesterday Addison and I were singing Christmas songs in the car on the way to grocery shop - both of us giggling like 5yrs olds. Then at Wal-Mart, we actually strolled and enjoyed the toy aisles. Is it so wrong to want to be 5yrs old again - especially at Christmas and try to re-live the magic that was that time in my life.

Soni B, ScrappinCEO and Beachbound like this post.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #24513
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Also have been contacted by a lady who tells me that the date I have recorded in my tree for my 2nd great grandfather's year of birth is wrong because she had seen a family bible with the "correct" date written in pencil. Excuse me, my date is off the gravestone which the family purchased back in the mid 1800s. Not likely that the widow used the wrong date of birth - could happen, but not likely. Also knowing how many mistakes I have discovered that my own mother recorded wrong based on my seeing copies of obituaries - a penciled date in a bible isn't going to make me change a date that was gotten from a carving in stone.
wow! That is so interesting about the Wheat ladies. Sounds like you are really doing well with your research.

Yes, I think I'd most likely use the gravestone record myself, although you can put in your notes that the Bible has a different date recorded in it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 12:52 PM   #24514
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've actually got some ideas for Christmas cards - now lets see if I can find the time to get them created and mailed before Christmas.

Other is to make the Chex cereal party mix. Haven't made that in about 10yrs either. Gave up my holiday treats during my time in Lone Rock. Just now realizing how the continual bullying brought me down. My kids will tell you that Christmas was my favorite holiday - used to start decorating and baking on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Used to decorate every room in the house, including the bathroom with lights, garland and ornaments. Only did that 1 year in Lone Rock and was made to feel like I was being childish by getting so excited over Christmas. Now I am free to be "childish" again - I am so looking forward to that feeling.

Yesterday Addison and I were singing Christmas songs in the car on the way to grocery shop - both of us giggling like 5yrs olds. Then at Wal-Mart, we actually strolled and enjoyed the toy aisles. Is it so wrong to want to be 5yrs old again - especially at Christmas and try to re-live the magic that was that time in my life.
So glad that you are enjoying the holiday season and such a good riddance to Bah Humbug!!!!!!!

Nothing like a child to bring out the Christmas spirit.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #24515
Total Quack

Quote:
Good Morning... I slept a little better last night, I was only awake twice I think... It is warmer up near 30, winds are not as strong as either ...plus I hear SNOW is expected

I need to get that box to the post office , but our P O is only oped for 2 1/2 hours now early in the am so I will probably need to drive to Elmwood...about 8 miles away ...but that consignment shop is there so I can browse and see if there is any thing for the boys

I need to bal check book pay a couple bills and not much else today

Love my Mondays... but I am sure I am about to loose them for a few weeks

Yes ... it's expected here, as well. Strange, huh?? Our high on Wednesday is only suppose to be 35. Raining tomorrow and temps dropping.

We rode today in temps around 35 ... it was a little chilly.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #24516
Total Quack

Quote:
Good morning, ladies!

I'm busy getting my cleaning done, too. The kids are cleaning the den, music room, and bathrooms over the next two days.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #24517
Total Quack

Quote:

Wow ... that's just rough. I hate that he has to work those hours. And what a shame that he has to miss the neighborhood party.

Yippee!!! That's really great news. I'm so glad you will get to see them. I'm sorry that you haven't had Jen down, though.

Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #24518
Total Quack

Quote:
It's really just the center that grows so I guess you can trim off the big outside stalks. I'm like a big kid when it comes to that kind of thing. When I get another one going (3) in different growth stages, I'll post a picture on FB. The first one I did has lots of leaves & is over an inch already! And it is growing roots

That's so cool!

Old 11-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #24519
Total Quack

Quote:

I LOVE Christmas. There's nothing quite like a child's eyes at Christmastime. I'm just fine with acting like a kid.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #24520
Mini Quack

Quote:

again am so happythat you have this part of your heart back...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
ScrappinCEO and Beachbound like this post.