Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6184Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #24321
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
wow quiet quiet quiet...

just finished a really good book, was not sure about it but so glad I finished it
THE REUNION by Dan Walsh...

It has been a while since a book mad me cry... hard enough I had to put the book down to stop the tears...

I am off to clean up the pan I made tapioca in, then get ready for bed... I may curl up with the Hallmark channel in bed just because I can lol
For some reason, I was really tired last night and turned my computer off at 9:30 and went to bed and turned off the light. Slept until 7 this morning with a couple little wake ups, but able to go back to sleep.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspo*****m/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Soni B likes this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #24322
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning not too cold, but still raining... After church, no plans other than some studying...maybe a nap lol
I slept pretty good, only woke up twice, and the last time I just went back to sleep

this rain and being dreary mixed with up late at night and getting up early is getting me... So I think a nap my be in order lol

Sunshine tomorrow bit in 40's instead of 60'a... man I miss that beautiful Autumn weather...
We have Indian Summer weather this weekend. Today it's pretty muggy out too. Had to turn the A/C back on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #24323
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Lexi just turned 7 but she has slowed down a lot in other ways too. I am afraid her puppy mill genes are showing. I am not sure how long Yorkies live to. I'm thinking 12-18 years? In the best cases???
I hope that she stays well and healthy and you will have her for many years to come. Paisley is coming up to 14 and Maggie Mae to 8. Both are in good health right now, so I hope it stays that way.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #24324
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
oh dear, that does not sound enjoyable. Maybe next you need a nice light read. I just finished #72, pure fluff but that's all I can handle right now.
My most favorite Genre is Mystery and Thrillers, but I like to mix things up and will through in something on a different level. The one I'm reading now is called The Winds of Kedem. It takes place in the Middle East about Israelis and Arabs. I guess it could also be a Thriller.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #24325
Quacker Stamper

Having a quiet day today - no family dinner. I think I need a day to myself anyway. After church I hope to spend the rest of my day in my stamp room getting some cards and projects worked on.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #24326
Glitter Guru

Hi girls...peeking in for a min. :Lots has been going on here, but more on that later.

I seen on FB that Williamson, IL was hit bad by a tornado. Soni, is that near you? I kinda was thinking it was. Hope you are doing ok in all the bad weather that is your way.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

www.mystampinplace.blogspo*****m

"I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted on the wrong people."
Old 11-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #24327
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Lexi just turned 7 but she has slowed down a lot in other ways too. I am afraid her puppy mill genes are showing. I am not sure how long Yorkies live to. I'm thinking 12-18 years? In the best cases???
My Sophie is a puppy mill rescue too and she was either 3 or 4yrs old when got her (best guess based on teeth) so she is either 10 or 11yrs old now. I notice her slowing down alot and her previously black head is now very gray (much like her owners LOL) - with only have one front leg, she is moving slower each year - winter is much worse for her. I will just do my darnest to keep her around as long as she can be comfortable. She is my cuddler and I would surely miss that - tons!!!. She instinctively knows when my day is bad and when we got to bed, she cuddles up close and starts licking my arm. Can just feel my worries start to leave and the stress level goes down so I know my blood pressure is also going down.

Wonder what kind of life I would have without my girls to comfort me. Probably pretty lonely.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
mschoener and Soni B like this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #24328
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Hello ladies... we are home and safe but cannot say that about family in Washington Il

Lois, my sister in law ( Tanya's mom) lost her duplex today in the tornado / storm many other family members near there we are still waiting to hear from

just updating as if I am not on here I am trying to find out and see what they need

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspo*****m/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #24329
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Hi girls...peeking in for a min. :Lots has been going on here, but more on that later.

I seen on FB that Williamson, IL was hit bad by a tornado. Soni, is that near you? I kinda was thinking it was. Hope you are doing ok in all the bad weather that is your way.
Washington is where Wally was from, near Washburn where we lived...thank you for remembering that

As you read in previous post one home lost so far in the family... the devastation is powerful and my heart is with many there... friends of the girls, and just so many
praying as we go we learn most are safe ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #24330
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That is awesome that you kept the 40# off!!!! Yay for you!!! Do you have a Smart Phone? The app My Fitness Pal has helped me journal what I eat & exercise. It's a free app & a good one, even has a scan
no smart phone - just a generic cheap one. With my job I'm actually to the point where I just stay off the phone as much as possible.

Soni B likes this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #24331
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It sounds like you are trying hard to make the best of a bad time. Hang in there! My motto has been "Fake it until you make it" on more than one occasion. Listening to upbeat Christian music has always a great idea. It lifts us all if we let it. Sorry to heat about that pastor, but you are right he is only human & they are not all the best at everything. Pop in here as often as you can. We'll help you smile.
I do appreciate all you each do for me, but sometimes I feel like maybe it's best to not post when I'm really down. We each have our own problems and I know that in the grand scheme of life, my problems are relatively minor compared to some other people's problems.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #24332
Mini Quack

Kelly, I checked mail today as I had not yesterday due to the rains... thank you for both the book and the MM tin... very kind of you

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #24333
Stazon Splitcoast

Was cooking a stove-top casserole for my lunches this week, and didn't stir it enough. Kind of stuck to the bottom in the pan. Not burnt, but maybe a little crunchy. Should taste fine.

This is my 6-day work week. But then, starting next Sunday the 24th, I am off for the whole week. Because I work on Sat the 23rd, I got Wed the 27th off. Then I didn't volunteer to work on the 28th or the 29th. Figured I'd enjoy a nice 5 day weekend. Then discovered that I have a floating holiday that I HAVE to use before the end of the year or I lose it. Well there's no chance I could use it during December due to everyone wanting time off. So I took that on the 25th and then took a day of vacation for the 26th, so starting with the 24th, I'm off work until Dec 2nd. Woo Hoo!!! I am so looking forward to those 8 days.

Have a hair appointment on the 25th, may take a trip into Madison to do some Christmas shopping on the 26th and then rest of time will be baking cookies, decorating and hopefully sorting some more stuff out the door.

mschoener likes this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #24334
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoca Sue View Post
I do appreciate all you each do for me, but sometimes I feel like maybe it's best to not post when I'm really down. We each have our own problems and I know that in the grand scheme of life, my problems are relatively minor compared to some other people's problems.
but to each of us they are huge... it is ok Sue... love you , I know you know that : )

just keep us posted... look at all I have to ask prayers for... geesh some days I feel the same way sweetie
but I try... glad you are too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #24335
Mini Quack

Quote:
oh dear, that does not sound enjoyable. Maybe next you need a nice light read. I just finished #72, pure fluff but that's all I can handle right now.
oh it was a good cry... yes I am ready for fluff tho... trudging after # 37 : (

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #24336
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
My most favorite Genre is Mystery and Thrillers, but I like to mix things up and will through in something on a different level. The one I'm reading now is called The Winds of Kedem. It takes place in the Middle East about Israelis and Arabs. I guess it could also be a Thriller.
I really love historical fiction, biographies and auto-biographies. Right now I'm reading about Gypsy Rose Lee on my Nook. Quite an eye opener.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #24337
Stazon Splitcoast

I sold a few things on ebay and when I went to transfer the money from Paypal to my bank account - it was blocked. My paypal account is under name of Sturdevant-Alt and I have changed my bank account to Sturdevant. So it blocked the transfer. No option available but to spend the money in paypal unless I want to change my bank stuff back (which of course I don't want to do). Paypal won't allow name changes without notarized forms. So... had to set up a new Paypal account with my other email address. So now am shopping for things I need to use up the paypal balance. Christmas gifts hopefully or at the very least some paper or ink.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #24338
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hello ladies... we are home and safe but cannot say that about family in Washington Il

Lois, my sister in law ( Tanya's mom) lost her duplex today in the tornado / storm many other family members near there we are still waiting to hear from

just updating as if I am not on here I am trying to find out and see what they need
OH NO! She's okay, right? What about her little dog? Oh, what a heartbreaking situation for her. Is she going to stay with Tanya or can she come stay with you?

Old 11-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #24339
Mini Quack

OK niece Abbey and her family are safe...minimal damage to house just blocks from Lois;s...Tanya still does not know about her APT just another block over... but Tanya , Lois and dog Sadie are at Abbeys... Second family near there I hear is ok, no nothing about damage...

Abbeys brother is home from So Illinois ..I hope he can be of help in those that need it...

Still so many we are reaching... so far Lois's is the worst... Praise GOD ALL are safe so far...of course Lois will be offered my home...so far for her but it is hers if she chooses

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #24340
Mini Quack

Quote:
I sold a few things on ebay and when I went to transfer the money from Paypal to my bank account - it was blocked. My paypal account is under name of Sturdevant-Alt and I have changed my bank account to Sturdevant. So it blocked the transfer. No option available but to spend the money in paypal unless I want to change my bank stuff back (which of course I don't want to do). Paypal won't allow name changes without notarized forms. So... had to set up a new Paypal account with my other email address. So now am shopping for things I need to use up the paypal balance. Christmas gifts hopefully or at the very least some paper or ink.
OH Sue that is sad... but protection I guess... hope you can find some Christmas gifts and some thing for you too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #24341
Mini Quack

Quote:
Was cooking a stove-top casserole for my lunches this week, and didn't stir it enough. Kind of stuck to the bottom in the pan. Not burnt, but maybe a little crunchy. Should taste fine.

This is my 6-day work week. But then, starting next Sunday the 24th, I am off for the whole week. Because I work on Sat the 23rd, I got Wed the 27th off. Then I didn't volunteer to work on the 28th or the 29th. Figured I'd enjoy a nice 5 day weekend. Then discovered that I have a floating holiday that I HAVE to use before the end of the year or I lose it. Well there's no chance I could use it during December due to everyone wanting time off. So I took that on the 25th and then took a day of vacation for the 26th, so starting with the 24th, I'm off work until Dec 2nd. Woo Hoo!!! I am so looking forward to those 8 days.

Have a hair appointment on the 25th, may take a trip into Madison to do some Christmas shopping on the 26th and then rest of time will be baking cookies, decorating and hopefully sorting some more stuff out the door.
I hope that time can be amazing, restore some JOY in you... and bring a new sense of happiness too... just enjoy it all

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #24342
Mini Quack

Quote:
OH NO! She's okay, right? What about her little dog? Oh, what a heartbreaking situation for her. Is she going to stay with Tanya or can she come stay with you?
so sorry yes LOIS Tanya and Sadie are all fine...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #24343
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
My Sophie is a puppy mill rescue too and she was either 3 or 4yrs old when got her (best guess based on teeth) so she is either 10 or 11yrs old now. I notice her slowing down alot and her previously black head is now very gray (much like her owners LOL) - with only have one front leg, she is moving slower each year - winter is much worse for her. I will just do my darnest to keep her around as long as she can be comfortable. She is my cuddler and I would surely miss that - tons!!!. She instinctively knows when my day is bad and when we got to bed, she cuddles up close and starts licking my arm. Can just feel my worries start to leave and the stress level goes down so I know my blood pressure is also going down.

Wonder what kind of life I would have without my girls to comfort me. Probably pretty lonely.
I've lost a few of my fur babies over the years who meant a great deal to me and I miss them all very much. But I can't imagine not having at least one or two or three around to keep me company and bring some cheer into my life, so when your girls are no longer with you, I hope you'll open your heart and home to another rescue that needs a good home and lots of loving that you have to give.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #24344
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Soni, I"m so very sorry your your sil's loss of her home. I can't imagine what that must be like for her. I do hope that there are things that can be salvaged.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #24345
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
But each one of us is just as important as the other one and we care about each other's difficulties are what they are going through and are here to cheer each other, give support, or just be a listening ear.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Beachbound likes this post.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #24346
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry you ran into that little glitch. It's good to know, but I would think that if your bank account number is the same that it shouldn't make any difference about the name especially since it is pretty close. At least you haven't lost the $$ and can use it from your PayPal account.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #24347
Quacker Stamper

Yesterday when I was at HEB (grocery store) they had a special on a stuffed salmon roll (stuffed with crab meat). If you bought that, you got a package of asparagus for free! All things that I love, so I cooked them tonight. I had about 1/3 of each for dinner. That was enough. Very yummy and only took about 1/2 hour to cook the salmon and about 8-10 minutes for the asparagus.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #24348
Mini Quack

I just was able to talk with Tanya on the phone...it was definitely emotional I still do not know all, but I think they were in the basement when it hit...if not right before it hit... ~both vehicles are gone... Tanya does not even have her purse... not sure how they will do a hotel tonight or make calls toomorrow... but we will do that tomorrow I pray tonight they can sleep...Lois hurt her knee climbing out of the basement...
now keep in mind all this came in a very scattered discussion I am so thankful Tanya was with Lois and Sadie...
as far as we know all other family is ok...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #24349
First To Quack

Soni, I am sure Red Cross is there taking care of business. When Stephanie's house was hit RC was there asap, that and Home Depot. It is amazing who shows up when needed. That being said, prayers for all of them. I hope they can find some of their treasures items or family can replace copies.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #24350
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Soni...sorry to hear about the news. Will be keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers. Late in the season for storms like that.

Sue...sorry to hear about your accounts. Good thing is you can still get to the money...plenty of shopping to be done!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #24351
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody...you mentioned about Lexi slowing down. Yes, we see it in Topsey. He is 19 years old now....he certainly has those moments of "what was I doing?" or "where was I going?" Oh, wait...I've had those days!!!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #24352
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Normal stuff for today......need to get the bed made.....hadn't done that yet....Topsey is in it!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #24353
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers!

I've got lunch plans today with a GF that used to work here. We get together twice a year, once in October since we both have a birthday that month, but this year she was traveling for work so we had to move it to November.

Tonight going out with another GF to see Ender's Game - a little Sci Fi.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #24354
Mini Quack

good morning...

hoping for a calm day with energy included yes I am drained ...

on a good note Randy may be released today not sure yet...
and on another good not my nephew Marshall, brother to Abbey was up duck hunting, on the river as the tornado hit...he was at their home ( hos sister lives in the home they grew up in ) and he has been working with an org that does disaster relief... so beyond the Govenor today and FEMA he is in the works to get this in the hands of another org that works with FEMA ...

I am home unless I get a call for help...

thanks again for the prayers and thoughts
Kel thanks for checking on us

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 11-18-2013 at 07:58 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #24355
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Dody...you mentioned about Lexi slowing down. Yes, we see it in Topsey. He is 19 years old now....he certainly has those moments of "what was I doing?" or "where was I going?" Oh, wait...I've had those days!!!
wow, 19 is an amazing age though. and yeah...we all have those days (everyday ;0 )

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-18-2013, 10:44 AM   #24356
First To Quack

had my dr apt today, mostly all is okay but I am back on my meds for high cholesterol and need to watch my thyroid since it's low...got to go back in 8 weeks. Not too bad but could be worse. Don't like being in the high risk zone so I'll pop a pill a day.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-18-2013, 11:08 AM   #24357
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
had my dr apt today, mostly all is okay but I am back on my meds for high cholesterol and need to watch my thyroid since it's low...got to go back in 8 weeks. Not too bad but could be worse. Don't like being in the high risk zone so I'll pop a pill a day.
They were just talking about a new change in the way they diagnose and treat cholesterol and now they think that many more people should be on meds for it than not. They take in a lot more things in life style and not just the numbers. I wonder how my doctor will view this next year when I get mine checked again. I don't really have risk factors for it, but my bad number is just a tad over the limit.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #24358
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
I think I have said as well that Daisy is changing too ...still so full of love ... but independent some days...tho I do leave her more now than I ever did...so self learned Her coat is changing as well but treatment of fleas may be a cause... she some days looks sad then others wants to play and act like a puppy again...but ever flowing with kisses... and snuggles at bedtime occassionaly in my lap in the evening...

I hope her love remains with her as she grows older she will be nine in May... yes can you believe that???

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #24359
Mini Quack

Quote:
take care of your self... : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #24360
Mini Quack

I am blessed to not have cholesterol issues...I am sure due to my diet and limitations I take meds for thyroid but do not know of dietary help with that maybe some day when I am bored lol I can look lol

Today is quiet... off to play catch up on membership class home work... I am not faithful with it as I should be...just ten minutes a day but I am so silly to let it build...in my defense I feel I absorb better with more to study...

so I should ABSORB quite well today then

have not heard much from nieces as I am sure they are all busy I did hear first hand Lois is not coping well...I doubt I would be either... extra prayers for her to let God in...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery