Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6603Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #23601
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

It's raining pretty good here today. We are suppose to have it all day! We need it...but, it does make things messy. Need to remember my umbrella when we go for bowling and such.

It's suppose to rain tomorrow too.....that won't be fun!!! If it's raining while we have recess we'll have to go to the big building. That is nothing for those kids to do for 30 min!!! Never enjoyed that part!!! I certainly look at rain during the week a little different now! At least on T, W, Th....!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #23602
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Oh....I got a "lovely" greeting in the mail.....jury duty "invitation"! Hey, before it would have been ...."oh well...got to get up early". It's on a Tuesday....so, I would have been up early anyway!!! Now I just go a different direction and hope I get out early! I'm suppose to find a sub for me.....WHAT? That's a new policy. When I went to let them know....I was told I had to fill out a form....and then find a sub. I asked about finding a sub...the asst director said....we are short of subs. Hmmmm......not exactly my problem!
Soni B and Beachbound like this post.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #23603
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
hmmmm, sour cream raisin pie~ I've never heard of that, sounds...interesting.
Good morning ladies
Dody - Sour Cream Raisin is a custard pie with raisins and a meringue topping. I prefer Brown Sugar meringue but if I"m not the one making the pie, I don't get picky hehe The recipe I use is in the Betty Crocker cookbook
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #23604
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoca Sue View Post
knock, knock

is it a good time for me to visit?
Hello stranger! I thought I was gone a long time Always good to have you here.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #23605
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. I'm getting a couple small loads of laundry done while I can put them on the line. Rain suppose to move in tonight for the next day or two. aka I probably won't be on line either.

I wasn't able to get on line. I could have left the laptop at home.
I got down to Eureka Springs (AR) on Friday in time to have lunch with one of my friends from that conference and her mom. Then I walked down to the conference hall and found out my best friend (the gal I normally room with every year) was taken to the ER before she even got to attend a workshop. Turns out she has diverticulitis. The Eureka Springs ER is nothing more than a triage so I spent about an hour with her while we waited for her transport up to Springfield MO - which would be her main hospital anyway.

After she left, I did get to walk up and visit with my favorite little pug and his owner for a bit before I made the 2 hr trip to Springfield myself. I had a dinner meeting with another writer friend then got to the hospital as they were getting Linda into a room and sat with her until about 8:30 p.m.

Saturday was workshop all day then the hospital until almost 9:30. None of Linda's family could make the 1 hr drive in. Her husband has Lou Gehrig's Disease so her son had to stay home with him. I'm glad I was able to be there for her.

I went back up to the hospital Sunday morning then did some shopping at the mall before making the trip home. Yep. Long weekend. Glad to be home and getting back to routine.

Linda should be able to go home today. As soon as my phone charges up I'll call and check on her.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #23606
Stazon Splitcoast

Aside from getting blogs back on track this week I need to pack up the Faerie swap so those can go to the PO first thing in the morning. I've written my column for this week. Trying to tell myself I don't need a nap. The 65 degrees is really inviting me to my pillow. But if I wasn't trying to get the computer stuff caught up, I'd be outside working in the yard and garden shed.

Time to get busy.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #23607
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Yep...we all get that.....it's from the dash and any other thing that is made with the same material. It leaves a film on the windshield and windows. Plus, it's hard to get it cleaned good sometimes. Namely when it's been really hot...like down here!!! I usually have to clean it twice...and really scrub! Talk about work!
I believe it's from our own breath inside the car - Carbon Dioxide - It is exhaled in the breath of humans and land animals. I need to either clean mine or take it to the car wash. It's been awhile.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Soni B likes this post.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #23608
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It's raining pretty good here today. We are suppose to have it all day! We need it...but, it does make things messy. Need to remember my umbrella when we go for bowling and such.

It's suppose to rain tomorrow too.....that won't be fun!!! If it's raining while we have recess we'll have to go to the big building. That is nothing for those kids to do for 30 min!!! Never enjoyed that part!!! I certainly look at rain during the week a little different now! At least on T, W, Th....!
That rain is supposed to be heading our way but we haven't gotten it yet. I was even able to get outside across to the Mall and walk today. That felt good. Haven't done that in a long time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #23609
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh....I got a "lovely" greeting in the mail.....jury duty "invitation"! Hey, before it would have been ...."oh well...got to get up early". It's on a Tuesday....so, I would have been up early anyway!!! Now I just go a different direction and hope I get out early! I'm suppose to find a sub for me.....WHAT? That's a new policy. When I went to let them know....I was told I had to fill out a form....and then find a sub. I asked about finding a sub...the asst director said....we are short of subs. Hmmmm......not exactly my problem!
Have fun at jury duty.

Really! Find your own sub!!!!!!!! Not something I'd be comfortable doing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Soni B likes this post.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:48 AM   #23610
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Sounds like everyone is keeping busy. I'm getting a couple small loads of laundry done while I can put them on the line. Rain suppose to move in tonight for the next day or two. aka I probably won't be on line either.

I wasn't able to get on line. I could have left the laptop at home.
I got down to Eureka Springs (AR) on Friday in time to have lunch with one of my friends from that conference and her mom. Then I walked down to the conference hall and found out my best friend (the gal I normally room with every year) was taken to the ER before she even got to attend a workshop. Turns out she has diverticulitis. The Eureka Springs ER is nothing more than a triage so I spent about an hour with her while we waited for her transport up to Springfield MO - which would be her main hospital anyway.

After she left, I did get to walk up and visit with my favorite little pug and his owner for a bit before I made the 2 hr trip to Springfield myself. I had a dinner meeting with another writer friend then got to the hospital as they were getting Linda into a room and sat with her until about 8:30 p.m.

Saturday was workshop all day then the hospital until almost 9:30. None of Linda's family could make the 1 hr drive in. Her husband has Lou Gehrig's Disease so her son had to stay home with him. I'm glad I was able to be there for her.

I went back up to the hospital Sunday morning then did some shopping at the mall before making the trip home. Yep. Long weekend. Glad to be home and getting back to routine.

Linda should be able to go home today. As soon as my phone charges up I'll call and check on her.
Sorry about your friend Kelly. I hope they do spring her today from the hospital. I hate hospitals.

Sounds like you were able to get a little bit done anyway.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #23611
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

The boys played great all day...inside they played my Halloween checkers and scattagoriecatagories, and bananagrams : ) then outside they played football, and then in the barn to play with farm toys... Cody is with his dad in a tractor this evening and Dustinms is still here...bath time soon, before he falls asleep lol

I need to do supper dishes then get him bathed and mop my kitchen floor... I hope tomorrow I can get bills paid, and some house work... other than 2 loads of laundry and changing the mattress cover and clean sheets on my bed...not much got done... og U did bring up a few more fall / Halloween items...

I hope to curl up with a book later Keith will be back around 8:30 so Dustin can get in bed and Cody can get in a much need shower... that barn is DIRTY...lol Oh and Daisy got a bath...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #23612
Total Quack

Quote:
Hahahaha, it all depends! what I washed today from Joanns washed & ironed beautifully. Thread count has a lot to do with it. As you sew you will be able to tell the difference. I have bought really nice fabric at wal Mart & got crappy stuff at the quilt store, it all depends Sticking with a name you trust helps a lot!

I washed the quilt store stuff yesterday. It really did well. Usually the edges wad up, but none of this did. Hopefully, all the stuff they have at the quilt store does as well.

Hahaha ... right now, I don't have a lot of names that I know to trust.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #23613
Total Quack

Quote:
brrr, Soni!!! I thought it was too chilly to pool walk so I walked a mile in the neighborhood. hmmm, not so chilly now!

It was cool here this morning, but it sure made a great day for riding.

Beachbound likes this post.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #23614
Total Quack

Quote:

And what happens if you don't find a sub? I mean, you're filling in for someone already, right? I would think they would work with you considering it's jury duty and not something personal. Hope you get it worked out!

Old 10-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #23615
Stazon Splitcoast

So tired tonight. Didn't sleep well last night. Having bad dream and everytime I woke myself up and then tried to go back to sleep - went right back to the same dream. I feel so groggy.

My car windshield had some streaks - but they were on passenger side, so will wait until next weekend and try washing again. It's dark when I leave in the morning and dark by the time I get home.

Oh and by the way, it was 33* when I left for work this morning at 6:45. Yikes! A little early to be that cold. Had frost on my car too.

Going to turn in eary. Night all.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #23616
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
The boys played great all day...inside they played my Halloween checkers and scattagoriecatagories, and bananagrams : ) then outside they played football, and then in the barn to play with farm toys... Cody is with his dad in a tractor this evening and Dustinms is still here...bath time soon, before he falls asleep lol

I need to do supper dishes then get him bathed and mop my kitchen floor... I hope tomorrow I can get bills paid, and some house work... other than 2 loads of laundry and changing the mattress cover and clean sheets on my bed...not much got done... og U did bring up a few more fall / Halloween items...

I hope to curl up with a book later Keith will be back around 8:30 so Dustin can get in bed and Cody can get in a much need shower... that barn is DIRTY...lol Oh and Daisy got a bath...
Sounds like a busy day for the boys.. and Grandma
Old 10-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #23617
Quacker Stamper

Hi Quackers. GF texted me to see if I was available for dinner, so we went. It was great. I had some things to talk over with someone and she's a great listening ear.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #23618
Mini Quack

good night Sue...Dustin just left so I am off to get my bath and curl up in a clean WARM bed... yes too early for frosty nights and mornings... I hope you sleep more sound tonight... Me too I always wake up with the kids here to check on them : )

Shell, glad the material washed up nice ~ I am with Dody... the maker of the fabric is the secret... not where we get it... I have favs from different places... even flannel has many levels of quality ... have fun with the new material

Suzy... really a sub finding a replacement lol maybe they forgot you are a sub...lol

Maggie... have a great day tomorrow...

Dody... what are you working on in the list of costumes??

Kel... hope you got caught up ...

waving good night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #23619
Quacker Stamper

I will Soni - boss will be out of town!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Soni B likes this post.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #23620
Mini Quack

Good Morning... a chilly rainy day here... but I have enough to keep me busy inside today...

I slept pretty good, only woke up twice... and even slept in...

I am off to decide where to start...We have membership class tonight, so getting caught up on that material is second on my list... Potato soup for lunch with Krista is next... that should taste good on a day like today ...

Daisy must like the flannel sheets she snuggle in my spot when I got up and is still snoozing...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
ScrappinCEO likes this post.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #23621
Quacker Stamper

Leftovers for lunch today after getting over to the Mall and walking again today. That's 2 days in a row!!!!! Go me! I went a little early because it looked like it might rain, but I was able to get it done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #23622
First To Quack

Yum, I had potato soup for lunch too! Bud's grilling steaks & portabella mushrooms for dinner, I can't wait We live about 5 miles from the Monterey Mushroom farm/plant & they sell bags of mushrooms for $2!!! Great deal & picked fresh that day!

Cards from the Cabana
Soni B and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #23623
First To Quack

Worked on the Wizard's cape today, I think I am close to the half way point. Won't be able to sew until Sunday now at the earliest. Dr appt tomorrow & getting ready for garage sale on Saturday. Fun stuff! NOT!

Cards from the Cabana
mschoener likes this post.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #23624
Mini Quack

I have been busy all day lots of little things with more that needs done

I need to go get soup put away before Krista and I leave for membership class tonight... She made chicken and noodles and I went there for supper yum... I never did get desert made today~ maybe tomorrow...

I will stop in tonight after I get home...hope you all had a good day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #23625
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yum, I had potato soup for lunch too! Bud's grilling steaks & portabella mushrooms for dinner, I can't wait We live about 5 miles from the Monterey Mushroom farm/plant & they sell bags of mushrooms for $2!!! Great deal & picked fresh that day!
Okay... I'm more envious of this than of you having a pool. LOL
Beachbound likes this post.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #23626
Mini Quack

we are home from our class, some good discussion tonight...

Dustin came home early today with a fever... and tonight it is creeping higher...so it looks like gramma's house will have a little guy here tomorrow... no other symptoms... so far...

I am off to read a little and then to bed...hoping for a good nights sleep

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #23627
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
we are home from our class, some good discussion tonight...

Dustin came home early today with a fever... and tonight it is creeping higher...so it looks like gramma's house will have a little guy here tomorrow... no other symptoms... so far...

I am off to read a little and then to bed...hoping for a good nights sleep
I hope Dustin's feeling better today. Does she have the kids on Vitamin C regimen - especially during the winter?

Can't believe I'm the first one in the door this morning. I've restocked the juice fridge as well as fresh fruit and bagels. Hope everyone has a good day. I'm in music land all day. Hugs!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 AM   #23628
Mini Quack

Good Morning... my little guy was here bright and early...still on the couch with his blanket and Ipod...

looking dreary today... off to check the temp and the forecast... it is Brrr land in the house I know that ! wish I could curl up with a blanket...

I planned on going to watch Ali and the girls play volleyball, it is their home coming game ~ but Keith wants to go...So I may be here with Dustin...

Kel I imagine Krista has them on their normal vitamins ...providing they can...

well high of 50 and more clouds than sun...so I will be inside most of the day...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 10-16-2013 at 06:48 AM..
Old 10-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #23629
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

Boss has mediation today so should be a quiet day. Yah!

Not much else going on. Got my card up on my blog for PSC.

I've been working with a couple of the men from church helping them get started on their Family History. We meet up at the church on Tuesdays when the Youth are there. We've had lots of scheduling problems and attendance problems so it's been slow going. One of them has a disability and doesn't drive so relies on the other to get him there. The one who drives is going to some classes for his job and couldn't meet this week, so I told the other one that I'd come to his house which is best anyway because then he's on his own computer. His mom told him that she had already put a lot of information into Family Search. Well, we searched and searched last night and couldn't find any of the names. So now his job is to input all that information that his mom gave him so we can start to research what he still needs to know. That will probably take him awhile unless he devotes all day to doing that inputting.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #23630
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning... my little guy was here bright and early...still on the couch with his blanket and Ipod...

looking dreary today... off to check the temp and the forecast... it is Brrr land in the house I know that ! wish I could curl up with a blanket...

I planned on going to watch Ali and the girls play volleyball, it is their home coming game ~ but Keith wants to go...So I may be here with Dustin...

Kel I imagine Krista has them on their normal vitamins ...providing they can...

well high of 50 and more clouds than sun...so I will be inside most of the day...
Sorry that Dustin is still feeling puny.

Too bad that you can't go to Ali's game, but I can understand that Keith would want to be there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #23631
First To Quack

Shell, thank you for the birthday card! It took awhile to get here cause I don't live in Oviedo anymore! I'll PM you my new address. I really like the card, the colors are perfect for fall.

Soni, thanks for the square in square info too. It was pretty cool. I can't wait to be able to quilt again!

Cards from the Cabana
Soni B likes this post.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #23632
First To Quack

I went with Bud for his doctors apt this morning & then we ran a bunch of errands now I have to leave soon for my appt. Talk about killing the day! But it's important to have a doctor near by, we can't run up to L'ville when we feel poorly (and I hated that doctor anyway )

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #23633
First To Quack

I got home at 6, what a wasted day but I do like this dr & his staff. I got my flu shot too. Tomorrow I'll get my blood work done, then Friday the bone density test. Mamo to be scheduled & pap in 6 weeks...can we say "oh joy"

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #23634
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I got home at 6, what a wasted day but I do like this dr & his staff. I got my flu shot too. Tomorrow I'll get my blood work done, then Friday the bone density test. Mamo to be scheduled & pap in 6 weeks...can we say "oh joy"
Sorry you had to take the whole day and too bad you couldn't do it all in one day. Now you have to be out 2 more days. Bummer.

I'm wanting to stay in tonight, but I need to go to the open house tonight for the family that is moving to Saudi for at least 2 years. She was the Relief Society President when I was Secretary. We're really going to miss the family.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #23635
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sorry that Dustin is still feeling puny.

Too bad that you can't go to Ali's game, but I can understand that Keith would want to be there.
Krista offered to stay home with him, but I was cold and could not get warm so I told her to go and enjoy it...I have Dusting again...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #23636
Mini Quack

Quote:
I have my dexa scan ~ bone density ~ tomorrow along with my second yest for my kidneys...just a urine again bur different testing...

good to hear you are happy with this choice of doctor...that is so important ... Hope everything comes back great

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #23637
Mini Quack

Well Keith did light the pilot light for the furnace and turned it on so we can be sure it is working properly... the house feels better I will not leave it on tho...too soon to be using fuel lol but so far it is working great

I am off to finish cleaning my kitchen, then will settle in for some tv and tea... maybe read a little too there is a new program on I want to see...

Have a great night~ I plan to be in bed early ... just ready to snuggle in those flannel sheets

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #23638
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell, thank you for the birthday card! It took awhile to get here cause I don't live in Oviedo anymore! I'll PM you my new address. I really like the card, the colors are perfect for fall.

Soni, thanks for the square in square info too. It was pretty cool. I can't wait to be able to quilt again!

Oh, drat!! I actually wondered if that was the right address, but it was the only one I could find. I'm so sorry!!!! I'm glad you finally got it.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #23639
Quacker Stamper

Hi Quackers. Home from the open house. It was nice to chat with those that were there. I found out that the dad is leaving right before Halloween. Then once he gets there, he has to file some kind of papers so that his family can go also. They also have a bunch of medical stuff that they need to do first. They hope to all be there by the end of December.

I need to do some blog work and hopefully have a little bit of time for crafting, but that may have to wait.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #23640
Mini Quack

it was a great night for the girls Jr Varsity won 2 in 2 and Varsity won 2 in 3...that is the first time Varsity has won a Homecoming game in 10 years... I am so happy for them...and proud too

Dustin is home again lol he has a cute theory of how to get rid of his fever... made us all giggle... I am sure it stemmed from some thing Krista said yesterday...lol

Dustin asked if I was going to be home tomorrow, not sure why? unless he wondered in case he still had a fever ~ any way
I told I had to go to Peoria because I had 2 tests... he asked if I needed to study tonight??? Him and Daisy were snuggle buddies tonight... She loves those kids so much

ok I am ready for an early night...no reason to be tired... but just ready to curl up...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery