Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4787Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #22881
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
inPrinceton where you and I went that day... Jodi Barrows was her name she has a line of fabric all designated to the civil war ...amazing I have flyers on it ...
no, I have not heard of her but I am not into the Civil fabric. It was so sweet of you to think about me!!!!! Don't you go spending any money on me though!!!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 AM   #22882
First To Quack

It's a beautiful day here, the intense heat has backed off but it's still high 80s...just lovely. I had my morning pool work out & need to get my sheets out of the dryer and on the bed.

oh, I found that if I put a teaspoon of yogurt on the lid & empty the powder from Lexi's pill and mix it up real good she will lick every bit of it. Either she love yogurt enough or doesn't taste the pill....maybe it's the way the pill feels???? Whatever, I have got 2 full doses in her, not sure how much of the earlier ones she actually got in her.

Cards from the Cabana
mschoener, ScrappinCEO and SuzyS1104 like this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:22 AM   #22883
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
no, I have not heard of her but I am not into the Civil fabric. It was so sweet of you to think about me!!!!! Don't you go spending any money on me though!!!!!!
no the book was about her family a history of only women being born in the family of 4 or more generations and mostly widowed early some as early as 18... the story of her family was amazing...me , no the civil war is not my thing... the fabric tho was impressive with the story behind it... She was a very down to earth lady, yet accomplished, her love of quilting was over whelming... and just a good soul... I have all good feelings being there , even tho I do not have the ability to quilt beautifully, I still rnjoy and admire the talent and hard work...
...it was a good experience ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 09-13-2013 at 07:26 AM..
Old 09-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #22884
Mini Quack

Quote:
It's a beautiful day here, the intense heat has backed off but it's still high 80s...just lovely. I had my morning pool work out & need to get my sheets out of the dryer and on the bed.

oh, I found that if I put a teaspoon of yogurt on the lid & empty the powder from Lexi's pill and mix it up real good she will lick every bit of it. Either she love yogurt enough or doesn't taste the pill....maybe it's the way the pill feels???? Whatever, I have got 2 full doses in her, not sure how much of the earlier ones she actually got in her.
Ah yes that is a great idea... I was going to suggest doing that with ice cream, applesauce or cottage cheese... all things I have been told are ok to use for Daisy but the yogurt was a smart idea

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #22885
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
inPrinceton where you and I went that day... Jodi Barrows was her name she has a line of fabric all designated to the civil war ...amazing I have flyers on it ...
She has a couple of really cool rulers to use for 4 square patch and 9 square patch. Makes perfect ones.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #22886
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I have a quilt that was a monthly one.....(yes, another one not finished!)....we had the choice of Civil's or Grace. I went with the Civil's...something different. I never got it finished because the shop went out of business. Might need to pull that out...and see what is lacking. Oh great....along with all the other ones I have! I guess I need a quilt buddy to work with!
Soni B, ScrappinCEO and Beachbound like this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #22887
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Well, I'm going to have a nice bruise on my hip.....tripped this morning over my bag that was on the floor. Hey...it was very dark!!! Had to get up to feed the kitties at 6am...Topsey wouldn't leave me alone! So, instead of just staying up....I thought I would go back to bed. Well, that didn't happen! I put ice on my hip and then the heating pad! I hit the waterbed frame pretty hard. While sitting on the couch....it dawned on me that today is Friday, the 13th! Maybe this was my sign!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #22888
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Yes, that bag will be put away this morning!!! It has been there since we got back.....geez!!! Of all times to do that! At least I didn't do it tomorrow morning...we have rockets to do with the YMCA.

I'm going to go and give Deb a call. She is visiting her hubby in Colorado. There is all sorts of flooding going on. Not sure if things are okay or not. Better check!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #22889
First To Quack

Quote:
no the book was about her family a history of only women being born in the family of 4 or more generations and mostly widowed early some as early as 18... the story of her family was amazing...me , no the civil war is not my thing... the fabric tho was impressive with the story behind it... She was a very down to earth lady, yet accomplished, her love of quilting was over whelming... and just a good soul... I have all good feelings being there , even tho I do not have the ability to quilt beautifully, I still rnjoy and admire the talent and hard work...
...it was a good experience ...
oh...well heck that does sound very interesting! maybe I need to look for it! Thanks!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #22890
First To Quack

Quote:
Ah yes that is a great idea... I was going to suggest doing that with ice cream, applesauce or cottage cheese... all things I have been told are ok to use for Daisy but the yogurt was a smart idea
yeah, I have been told small amounts are good for their tummies so I usually let them lick the lid when I have a yogurt.

Cards from the Cabana
Soni B likes this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #22891
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Well, I'm going to have a nice bruise on my hip.....tripped this morning over my bag that was on the floor. Hey...it was very dark!!! Had to get up to feed the kitties at 6am...Topsey wouldn't leave me alone! So, instead of just staying up....I thought I would go back to bed. Well, that didn't happen! I put ice on my hip and then the heating pad! I hit the waterbed frame pretty hard. While sitting on the couch....it dawned on me that today is Friday, the 13th! Maybe this was my sign!!!!
oh dear! sorry for the ouchie I have looked at the calendar a few times already & never even thought about Friday the 13th, lol!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #22892
Mini Quack

Quote:
She has a couple of really cool rulers to use for 4 square patch and 9 square patch. Makes perfect ones.
yes those were pretty amazing to me... even tho I do not quilt it sure made sence when she explained it all... lol there was one ruler that truly did more... much more the that !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #22893
Mini Quack

Quote:
I am lucky I guess I have uasually had good days and good things happen in these fridays that land on the 13 th ... I had scruubed all hard floors today with a good bleach micture... and so far I have not fallen... yes even on my knees I find a way lol usually in the getting up process...

I am hoping this day follows that course for me...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #22894
Mini Quack

Quote:
Yes, that bag will be put away this morning!!! It has been there since we got back.....geez!!! Of all times to do that! At least I didn't do it tomorrow morning...we have rockets to do with the YMCA.

I'm going to go and give Deb a call. She is visiting her hubby in Colorado. There is all sorts of flooding going on. Not sure if things are okay or not. Better check!
where bouts in Colorado?? I have family and friends there...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #22895
Mini Quack

Quote:
oh...well heck that does sound very interesting! maybe I need to look for it! Thanks!
I will get you the tirle... the second one ( after the war ) is not released yet... will be in 2014

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #22896
Mini Quack

well ok , my bed is all fresh and re made.. the .hard floors are much better...breezeway mopped and storm doors all washed with bleach... laundry done... house smells fresh... hoping to be sure no germies before I have a houseful on Sunday and now time for me... I definitely need to get clean and fresh...lol

and I need to eat some thing, those 2 mini chocolate covered donuts did not last long with me being busy !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #22897
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
We finally got some storms today. Not a lot of rain but of course it stormed. I watered the garden this morning. And pulled about 20 horned worms off the tomato plants. Hungry little buggers! Kept wishing Adrian was here. She loves to pull them off and squish them LOL

We had NONE this year ... not even one. I guess it's because tomatoes and such didn't do very well with all the rain this year. I didn't miss dealing with them.

Old 09-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #22898
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

So glad that you found something to work with Lexi. My kitties don't like anything like that to use for meds for them. Casper is still being really standoffish and not wanting me to hold him since I was giving him those meds in the syringe for his loss bowels. I hope that will wear off sometime. Corey is being so sweet in the morning and at night when he wants me to pick him up and hold him. But I still want to take him back to have his ears checked out again so that means he'll be mad at me again for awhile.
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #22899
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry about your trip and fall and the big bruise on your leg. I hope it clears up soon and the soreness goes away.

So far the 13th has been lucky for me. Been a busy day here at the office.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #22900
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I"ve heard about the flooding on the news. I do hope that he's okay and not in a place where that's been happening.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #22901
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Dody, I looked her up. She is the creator of Square in a Square technique.

I'd love to do a Civil War reproduction quilt... you know...when I finish the other gazillion
Beachbound likes this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:33 PM   #22902
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
where bouts in Colorado?? I have family and friends there...
It's in the Boulder. A friend of mine told me that her boys are up there at school. She said that 40 of the buildings have gotten some damage. School has been out all week.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #22903
Stazon Splitcoast

Ouch, Suzy! Such grace.

Friday the 13th hasn't been bad for me so far. I'm doing okay on about 4 hours sleep. I've accomplished a ton today and still have a couple things left to do.
mschoener and SuzyS1104 like this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #22904
Stazon Splitcoast

It's not just in Boulder. Estes Park is completely closed, Big Thompson Canyon is literally washing away the mountain. Lyons, my old home grounds, has been totally evacuated - over 2,000 people. I dread to think my old home gone. I'm trying to catch up with a friend from grade school on FB.

I remember the flood that did so much damage in 1976 in Big Thompson Canyon. We sat at our kitchen table 70 miles away and watched the storm dump a foot of rain into the canyon in an hour! I believe 5 people were never found. We lost 2 friends in that flood. They say this one is worse.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #22905
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I"ve heard about the flooding on the news. I do hope that he's okay and not in a place where that's been happening.
He is in Ft Collins right now. Deb said that if she had flown in today....she would have been stuck in Denver. The interstate was closed because of the water over the road. So, he wouldn't be able to get to Denver to pick her up. So, they are just taking it easy at the condo where he is staying. He had gone to the office...but, was sent back. They closed the office. She said this is the first time that she was "invited to a flood". On TV, people were invited to come out and help. She said that she would let me know when she gets home. She is suppose to leave on Sunday night.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #22906
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't stay long. I want to get these contest entries printed out. They must go in the mail in the morning. I also found out today Harlequin will be offering up their on-line contest again in 2 weeks. Need to think if I'm going to work with one of my medical romances for that one. Thing is.. if I place, they want the whole thing and it isn't finished. Almost, but not enough to push through.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #22907
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd love to go out and help put my small town back together. Just don't see it happening.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #22908
Stazon Splitcoast

Do you guys use the images from Cuddlebug Cuties? She has an awesome Blog Candy giveaway this month. Lots of pink and neutrals. There's a link on my blog.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #22909
Mini Quack

just stopping in to say good night... a little tv and some time to read then hopefully I will be ready for sleep ...

the floods in Co are so sad especially after how dry they were...

hope you all had a good day...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #22910
Mini Quack

Good Morning My week end is about to start... I am off to get my hair washed and get dressed~ as soon as the car seat is in I will be on my way to stop at the store, and get Faith... I think Dustin is going to come stay with me today while Cody has a double header...and Ali has a car wash to attend... wouldn't you know, it is 45 degrees this morning and she just got well ugh...I hope you all have a good day and enjoy your weekend

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #22911
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

The Pet Control poeple are coming today between noon and 2. I spent most of last night straightening up my storage room and craft room. I'm not sure if they are spraying inside the house or just outside and the attic. He did say something about the pipes. Anyway if they spray inside, I wanted everything out of their way for the most part. That's really not realistic in those 2 rooms, but they both look a whole lot better.

I had to finish up a couple swap projects for a swap I'm in. I was altering a journal and had to finish up the card that goes with it. It's a Pumpkin swap for Halloween, so lots of Halloween goodies being sent out. I was in another Halloween swap with the same group awhile back and our reveal blog hop is tomorrow. I finally got pictures taken of all the goodies I received and I need to set up my blog for the blog hop.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #22912
Quacker Stamper

I was going to take my package to the PO today, but I think I want to get some candy to put in it and then I'll get it in the mail on Monday. All I have to do today is the grocery shopping. I've got the Sister missionaries coming for dinner tomorrow night. I'm actually thinking of going to Whole Foods and shopping in their deli section. They always have all kinds of good things to eat from there. It will save me some cooking tomorrow and time today

I need to get my luggage out and start packing and planning what I'm taking to ScrapFest. I can't believe it's only 5 days away!!!!!!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Soni B and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #22913
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
It's not just in Boulder. Estes Park is completely closed, Big Thompson Canyon is literally washing away the mountain. Lyons, my old home grounds, has been totally evacuated - over 2,000 people. I dread to think my old home gone. I'm trying to catch up with a friend from grade school on FB.

I remember the flood that did so much damage in 1976 in Big Thompson Canyon. We sat at our kitchen table 70 miles away and watched the storm dump a foot of rain into the canyon in an hour! I believe 5 people were never found. We lost 2 friends in that flood. They say this one is worse.
oh my, how scary for you as a child. Mother Nature sure can be nasty.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-14-2013, 05:55 AM   #22914
First To Quack

Quote:
Good Morning My week end is about to start... I am off to get my hair washed and get dressed~ as soon as the car seat is in I will be on my way to stop at the store, and get Faith... I think Dustin is going to come stay with me today while Cody has a double header...and Ali has a car wash to attend... wouldn't you know, it is 45 degrees this morning and she just got well ugh...I hope you all have a good day and enjoy your weekend
45*!!!!! wow! that dropped quick! Hope the day goes well for everyone!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-14-2013, 05:57 AM   #22915
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Quackers.

The Pet Control poeple are coming today between noon and 2. I spent most of last night straightening up my storage room and craft room. I'm not sure if they are spraying inside the house or just outside and the attic. He did say something about the pipes. Anyway if they spray inside, I wanted everything out of their way for the most part. That's really not realistic in those 2 rooms, but they both look a whole lot better.

I had to finish up a couple swap projects for a swap I'm in. I was altering a journal and had to finish up the card that goes with it. It's a Pumpkin swap for Halloween, so lots of Halloween goodies being sent out. I was in another Halloween swap with the same group awhile back and our reveal blog hop is tomorrow. I finally got pictures taken of all the goodies I received and I need to set up my blog for the blog hop.
Busy Girl!!!! That's a lot of paper crafting

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #22916
First To Quack

Bud's pain is less today, he has passed some tiny grains. We are hopeful!

Cards from the Cabana
mschoener and ScrappinCEO like this post.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:59 AM   #22917
First To Quack

Nightgown is finished except for the hem, I need to have the gal try it on. Next I will make a few dresses & take them down to see what fits who. The different sizes on the patterns don't always mesh with the measurements I was given.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #22918
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Nightgown is finished except for the hem, I need to have the gal try it on. Next I will make a few dresses & take them down to see what fits who. The different sizes on the patterns don't always mesh with the measurements I was given.
oh yes...I know that feeling!!! That's why my dress didn't get finished!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #22919
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Yes, I heard on the news about the other towns being flooded in CO. Just amazing!!! My BIL is up there working for the month of September. He is still the State Director of Wildlife Services for TX. But, they regional director and asst director slots need to be filled. So, he is the sub for the asst regional director. All the state directors are taking turns until it opens up for submissions.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #22920
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We have a rocket launch with the YMCA today. The gate opens at 11:15am...so, I'm guessing we'll leave the house a little before 11am. It will go until 2pm. Hope there is a good turn out this time. If not...we'll be picking up early!!!

So...guess I had better get off here and get ready!