Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6760Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #2081
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
the viewing that I went to the other night was in downtown Denton. This area isn't too far from the old square. Which is kind of cool. The funeral home is a large old home...really neat looking..and it's on a 1 way street. Just down the street is a B&B..and an Italian place. A spa was next door to the funeral home. So, it's an interesting neighborhood.

Wow ... that sounds ... odd. LOL!

Photography Site

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #2082
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
thanks, Suzy! I go from excited to scared really quick these days! Tears are never far from the surface. Yeah, 4-6 months can go by quick...it's not like we have to go to Iraq for heaven's sake (I tell myself) The rental is 45 mintues away from Justin (that's a bummer. I guess I would hang out at the rental a lot plus make tons of trips to the new house. Good way to learn the new neighborhood. Our buyers still have not got the appraisal done~ that's the last step before closing & still can hurt the deal if it doesn't apraise for the full amount. Normally I would say it should not be a problem but in today's market I'm not sure of anything.

45 minutes isn't bad. I'm almost that far from anyone here.

Praying all goes well with that. When should that occur??

Photography Site

Old 02-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #2083
Total Quack

Quote:
Sullivan Ranch community in Mt. Dora, Florida 32757 by Centex Homes

this is what we are looking to build...notice the whole second floor would be my studio!!!!! opps, check out the Calabria.

That's amazing! Enjoy creating your new Cabana. You get to start from scratch. How fun!!

Photography Site

Old 02-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #2084
Quacker Stamper

Late night Quacks. I"ve been working on a card for a challenge and it ended up completely different. Love how it turned out though. I think the image is one that Suzy sent in her kit. I'll have to scroll back though the thread and see if I can find it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #2085
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That is fabulous news Soni. So happy that it's all working now. Could you send him down my way. I'm sure he would know what is going on here.
as much as I am sure he would like a little vacation, I doubt I could... so sorry... I was impressed, he explained many things so I could get a grasp...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 02-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #2086
Mini Quack

Quote:
so many people are underwater right now. The house we may rent is also. They are trying to decide if they want to try to short sell it or walk away. They paid $500,000 a few years ago & are trying to get $375,000 now. We would get reduced rent to live in it, keep it up & show it to buyers. This house was built in the 40s, kinda of craftsman style but they made a few dumb changes that hurt the appeal of the house, plus it is on a busy 1 way street. It is in one of those in town areas (Shell, think Virginia Highlands) that professionals adore because it's so close to downtown & has funky, old,interesting homes. I like them new !!!
wow that is a lot of $$ for a house of that age is it really special?? location?? or what ??

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #2087
Mini Quack

Quote:
Sullivan Ranch community in Mt. Dora, Florida 32757 by Centex Homes

this is what we are looking to build...notice the whole second floor would be my studio!!!!! opps, check out the Calabria.
wow looks great

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-23-2012, 08:00 PM   #2088
Mini Quack

Quote:
Still no envelope for me from Dody though.

I did get my new TV Remote though. Got it all programmed the way it says too and it still didn't do what it's supposed to do. Of course I called ATT right away. Got some dippy girl on the phone who didn't know what she was talking about. She wanted to transfer me to the DVD/Game Console Dept. Huh??????? I tried to explain to her all that I've been through over the last 3 weeks and know what??????? She HUNG UP ON ME! While I'm chatting away explaining things, she hangs up cause when I'm done, I hear nothing on the other end and then get a dial tone! I was SO ANGRY! Looked in the phone book to see if there was a Customer Service Number. I didn't see one, but I'm sure going to check into it tomorrow. There has to be someplace to call or write when you have problems. Anyway, I finally got myself under control and called back. Luckily, I got a young man on the phone who was able to listen to all that I told him and finally, FINALLY, set up an appointment for tomorrow evening (4- to send a technician to my house to fix it! He will have all the equipment that is needed, so if this DVR Receiver is bad, he'll be able to replace it right away. I just want to know what is wrong and how it got that way so it doesn't happen again.
the young man today told me these people answering the phones really have no idea with the computers they are give automated responses to what we are saying... so I understand, I hope your tech is as helpful as mine was

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #2089
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I'm so glad that he was able to help you so much. Every time my mom has had to deal with them, she's had great experience, too.
if I had a choice within my limits of money and other companies I would not have Direct TV... I have been lied to more than once, I have been treated with no respect , I have been hung up on I have had to fight to get $$ back that were un athorized out of my account and have have issues constantly right now it is the only way I can watch tv...

the young man today was with a sub contractor that deals with the in home tech support... not actually an employee of Direct TV... he has Direct too, and is not happy either lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #2090
Mini Quack

Quote:
Late night Quacks. I"ve been working on a card for a challenge and it ended up completely different. Love how it turned out though. I think the image is one that Suzy sent in her kit. I'll have to scroll back though the thread and see if I can find it.
I am here quacking late too...I have not been home very long...I was looking for a response from an email earlier, but none yet...
and sent my brother Don a message, there was another sad situation in our family today... We are all deep in prayers again...and blessed to know GOD is with us again, or as always
It is not either brother or sister in law...
All I can say right now is prayers please for my brother , his wife and their family... Thanks ladies

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 02-23-2012 at 08:20 PM..
Old 02-24-2012, 03:26 AM   #2091
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

X-tremely windy here this morning. We have a cold front coming through, but with not much rain. It's not that much colder, but the wind makes it feel so.

Soni, continued prayers for your family. I'm so sorry that there are more issues you have to deal with.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-24-2012, 03:57 AM   #2092
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning ladies. I have about an hour to catch up with SCS stuff before my BL weigh in. I see windy comments. Windy here too. So not looking forward to going out but I've not weighed in the past 2 weeks.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:11 AM   #2093
Quacker Stamper

Good luck with the weigh in Kelly.

Today is Go Texas Day because of Rodeo, so we all get to wear Jeans and Western wear. Wish it was Go Texas Day every day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-24-2012, 04:16 AM   #2094
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
every one raves about tater tot casserole, but I did not care for it when I made it... maybe it was the recipe I followed...
It's one of those 'hobo' kind of dinners that can be made lots of different ways depending on your likes/ dislikes. How did you make yours?

Because of the limited calories and even turkey being high, I would up making individual ramkin casserole dishes and not using any soup... just a 1/2 oz of Velveeta... and no corn. Just had green beans on the side.

4 oz. ground turkey
1/2 oz Velveeta
5 tater tots cut in half
1 c. green beans

455 calories.

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 02-24-2012 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: adding ingredient
Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 AM   #2095
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm not ready to have mozquitos back again. We had such a mile winter, I know they are going to be out full blast!

Ick on the snake. I hate snakes!
I know you do. hehe This guy is very harmless though... except to bugs that get in his way and he can have all of those he wants.

We hit 72 degrees. I gave up writing about 12:30 and headed out to the garden shed for a serious spring cleaning. I have a lot of stuff sorted, 3 bags of garbage (containers I was planning to recycle as planting pots then decided I have an abundance of. Can't save the whole planet I guess. hehe)

I worked until almost 6. Goddess was I sore. Could hardly move when I came in the house. Too sore to even get in the bubble tub.

The shed isn't done but it has a very healthy start and I can get in there!

Today.. temps are to be 20 degrees colder and windy (so it will seem even colder). Yep - they got it right. Brrr.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:22 AM   #2096
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Morning ladies~

Hugs and prayers to you and your family Soni!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #2097
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
no Karen, I think Mt Dora is our place! It's in the hill/lakes country of Fl...lots of horse ranches & farmland & Mt Dora is a darling historic area full of small shops/rest/art galleries. If all goes well I'll post links.
Sounds relaxing, Dody. And so inspiring with shops and galleries. Any quilt shops? Gotta ask the important questions hehe
Old 02-24-2012, 04:34 AM   #2098
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
my service was amazing, had me make a list of every issue I had been having... and he found more than one problem... a "crinked" wire out side, a bad cable outside a "junk" remote as he put it... he could not hook up my dvd player in the bedroom, due to not enough available inputs... not shre how Wally did it... he left me his personal cell #.
he happens to be l;ocal, so he said just call him, he will come...
he offered to come back a re run all of my wires behind the tv in the living roomn, to make it easier to trace... he seemed like such a nice man, probably about Keiths age... He agreed that the people answering the phones are not trained, they read off computers, as we say what is wrong it gives them a response...no wonder...plus they add their own in put...

so my tvs are working. my remotes are working
Wonderful news, Soni!
Old 02-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #2099
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
if I had a choice within my limits of money and other companies I would not have Direct TV... I have been lied to more than once, I have been treated with no respect , I have been hung up on I have had to fight to get $$ back that were un athorized out of my account and have have issues constantly right now it is the only way I can watch tv...

the young man today was with a sub contractor that deals with the in home tech support... not actually an employee of Direct TV... he has Direct too, and is not happy either lol
Man... I really feel like I work with a different Direct TV company. I've heard lots of bad reports about their CS but mine has always been great.

Well... except for the Meth head who did the DVR upgrade last fall and left the old components in my yard ... but aside from that the phone people have always been great.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #2100
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, the house the kids have found is gorgeous! I can't imagine needing anything that big - especially as the kids are beginning to grow up and leave home. But everyone has different tastes and desires.

Dody, that house is mighty big LOL But since you're taking over the whole upstairs and can plan it the way you want then you're good to go.

Design item to keep in mind. I pour through Cloth Paper Studios magazines and most all of the artists seem to have the same consensus that outlets in the ceiling so the power chords drop down to your work surface is a must-have. They feature a lot of art quilters.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #2101
Quacker Stamper

She is planning it so that they will have room for her children to come home to visit and have a place to stay. Hmmmmmmmm. . . hope that goes better than it did for me. When they come here, they stay at her sister's. One reason I don't have a guest bedroom anymore. No guests.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #2102
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Morning Girls...
Yes, it is cooler than yesterday. The winds are suppose to be up...but, haven't noticed it yet.

Maggie...that lady was something else...how rude to hang up on you!!! Sorry you still haven't gotten your envelope yet. Don't understand the deliveries recently...first Sue not getting Kelly's envelope. Now you not getting Dody's envelope. Too weird!!

Soni...keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Dody...I'm with Kelly...are there any quilt shops near by. Wow, 45 min to Justin's...that's nothing around here!! I drive that to the chiropractor's office. Hey, we don't think anything of going that far!

Kelly...sounds great that you were able to get a start on the garden shed. I found a box in the garage that fell apart. It had some gardening stuff in it. So, put it in a plastic box...tossed out some stuff that was in there. Now the shelf is good to go.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #2103
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Not much else to report about....still haven't worked on those sympathy cards. So, that will be thing today. Besides do some grocery shopping. The weird thing is....the hard part is done on the cards...just need to cut paper!!! I have the idea of what it will look like...so, that's not the problem. I guess it was just too pretty yesterday to stay in and do that...who knows!!!

The sun is shining today...but, it's cooler. So, need to make my list for groceries...not my favorite.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #2104
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

wow...I've sneezed 10 times in a row!!!! Nose is runny...and the eyes are runny....goes what a way to start the day!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #2105
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Morning ladies. I have about an hour to catch up with SCS stuff before my BL weigh in. I see windy comments. Windy here too. So not looking forward to going out but I've not weighed in the past 2 weeks.
windy and a bit of WHITE here cold too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #2106
Mini Quack

Quote:
It's one of those 'hobo' kind of dinners that can be made lots of different ways depending on your likes/ dislikes. How did you make yours?

Because of the limited calories and even turkey being high, I would up making individual ramkin casserole dishes and not using any soup... just a 1/2 oz of Velveeta... and no corn. Just had green beans on the side.

4 oz. ground turkey
1/2 oz Velveeta
5 tater tots cut in half
1 c. green beans

455 calories.
this one was ground beef crm of mushroom soup and corn
I use crm of mushroom soup a lot, so I do not know why , but neither of us liked it

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #2107
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
wow...I've sneezed 10 times in a row!!!! Nose is runny...and the eyes are runny....goes what a way to start the day!!!
see the nose was messed up so much....I couldn't even spell!!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #2108
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

alrighty....I guess I'm off to be productive!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #2109
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Morning ladies~

Hugs and prayers to you and your family Soni!
Thank you Karen, and Maggie and Suzy ...
it seems our family just has so much going on again this is so hard ... but together and with prayer we pray it will be alright

I can say that I have a niece that truly needs a lot of prayers right now

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 02-24-2012 at 07:48 AM..
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #2110
Mini Quack

Quote:
Man... I really feel like I work with a different Direct TV company. I've heard lots of bad reports about their CS but mine has always been great.

Well... except for the Meth head who did the DVR upgrade last fall and left the old components in my yard ... but aside from that the phone people have always been great.
well you are... those answering the phones are in many different places...I guess I just got all of those less than competent ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #2111
Mini Quack

Good Morning...

Kel glad you were able to get so much done

Dody, hope everything falls into place for you...after the big decision is made, then it will flow...so then, you can have fun making all those exciting decisions... I am so happy for you

Suzy, allergies ? ...yep this weather is so weird ...

Maggie, we raise them, then watch them them... they are all full of surprises... I hope all goes well in their plans ... beautiful home by the way ... too big for me to take care of lol

Karen, ah Friday, so what are you doing over the weekend...? I am looking at that catty: )

Shell, hope classes are good and productive today

ok, if I missed any one , sorry
I have Cody today Keith and Krista had errands that needed done... So am off to check on him, and make arrangements for Krista to meet with a lady to pick up something for me ...I had planned to go to town today...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #2112
First To Quack

Quote:
Sounds so wonderful Dody...I hope everything falls into place for you... Sorry you did not find any thing...so if you rent will you still look or just go ahead and build?? I know 6 mos is a short time frame to build, but these days it happens ...
no, that is the time frame...4 months if all goes well...6 months if you need to get permits released. Building is more expenive but we will get just want we want & not have to fix things up. Unfortunately that does not include the pool & that will have to wait until next year before we get the funds for that project but that's ok...we'll be plenty busy!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #2113
First To Quack

Quote:
Wow! That would be so awesome! It doesn't look like you are downsizing much either -- 3300 sq ft!
I know!!! Funny, right? but no basement! LOL!!!! and it is all on 1 floor except for my kingdom (as Bud calls it ) if need be I could put the guest rooms upstairs & my sewing room downstairs...if stairs became an issue.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #2114
First To Quack

Quote:
Still no envelope for me from Dody though.

I did get my new TV Remote though. Got it all programmed the way it says too and it still didn't do what it's supposed to do. Of course I called ATT right away. Got some dippy girl on the phone who didn't know what she was talking about. She wanted to transfer me to the DVD/Game Console Dept. Huh??????? I tried to explain to her all that I've been through over the last 3 weeks and know what??????? She HUNG UP ON ME! While I'm chatting away explaining things, she hangs up cause when I'm done, I hear nothing on the other end and then get a dial tone! I was SO ANGRY! Looked in the phone book to see if there was a Customer Service Number. I didn't see one, but I'm sure going to check into it tomorrow. There has to be someplace to call or write when you have problems. Anyway, I finally got myself under control and called back. Luckily, I got a young man on the phone who was able to listen to all that I told him and finally, FINALLY, set up an appointment for tomorrow evening (4- to send a technician to my house to fix it! He will have all the equipment that is needed, so if this DVR Receiver is bad, he'll be able to replace it right away. I just want to know what is wrong and how it got that way so it doesn't happen again.
oh no!!!!!! It shouldn't have taken this long If you don't get it I can send you my kit.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #2115
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
How'd it go Kelly. I've been so frustrated this week because after I've started working out again, all the trouble I've been having with my TV, I can't access the Wii or the DVD player to do my workouts. I probably could use the TV/DVD in the computer room, but I was always so aggravated that the other one wasn't working, that I just didn't do it and besides I was usually on the phone with ATT trying to figure out why it wasn't working.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #2116
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I know you do. hehe This guy is very harmless though... except to bugs that get in his way and he can have all of those he wants.

We hit 72 degrees. I gave up writing about 12:30 and headed out to the garden shed for a serious spring cleaning. I have a lot of stuff sorted, 3 bags of garbage (containers I was planning to recycle as planting pots then decided I have an abundance of. Can't save the whole planet I guess. hehe)

I worked until almost 6. Goddess was I sore. Could hardly move when I came in the house. Too sore to even get in the bubble tub.

The shed isn't done but it has a very healthy start and I can get in there!

Today.. temps are to be 20 degrees colder and windy (so it will seem even colder). Yep - they got it right. Brrr.
doesn't matter if they are harmless or not, I don't want anywhere near any of them

Glad you were able to get out and get some work down outside. Not sure yet what I'm going to do about my yard. I've put off pulling up the dead azalea plants because I'm not sure what I'm going to replace them with. I'm going to have to see how the funds are this Spring.

It's in the 50's here right now, but supposed to go down into the 40's tonight and will be cold all this weekend. Don't care, I don't really have any plans. I probably will have to go to the grocery store for a few items, but nothing big and I've got dinner at my DD's on Sunday.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #2117
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I've always had good luck with ATT also and have not really had problems with the equipment until the Gateway went out and then the remote in my living room which they brought me and programmed a couple months ago, and now the DVR Receiver. I think it's because I was one of the first in the area to get the U-Verse and it's been so long that all the original equipment is now failing. No excuse though for rude behavior. I need to sit down one of these days soon and write a letter to the home office regarding their C/S.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #2118
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, the house the kids have found is gorgeous! I can't imagine needing anything that big - especially as the kids are beginning to grow up and leave home. But everyone has different tastes and desires.

Dody, that house is mighty big LOL But since you're taking over the whole upstairs and can plan it the way you want then you're good to go.

Design item to keep in mind. I pour through Cloth Paper Studios magazines and most all of the artists seem to have the same consensus that outlets in the ceiling so the power chords drop down to your work surface is a must-have. They feature a lot of art quilters.
Well, if I had something that huge, I'd sure have a maid to come keep it tidy. It would be nice though to have a guest room, a bedroom, a stamping room, a scrapping room, and a food storage room! I'd be set instead of squeezing it all into this little ranch house.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #2119
First To Quack

Quote:
wow that is a lot of $$ for a house of that age is it really special?? location?? or what ??
location, location, location!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-24-2012, 09:19 AM   #2120
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning Girls...
Yes, it is cooler than yesterday. The winds are suppose to be up...but, haven't noticed it yet.

Maggie...that lady was something else...how rude to hang up on you!!! Sorry you still haven't gotten your envelope yet. Don't understand the deliveries recently...first Sue not getting Kelly's envelope. Now you not getting Dody's envelope. Too weird!!
I know! Whatever happened to good old customer service. Now everything is Tech Support with people who don't know what they are doing, don't know the equipment or how it works. How can they tell me how it works if they don't know themselves.

I'm hoping it comes today or tomorrow. I still need to work on Kelly's envelope, so it's not a big rush.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts