Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 04:51 AM   #20481
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
That's pretty!! You did a great job.
thanks, again not what my vision was I had white pearls and frilly things out... but I had purchased these sticker for Julie in mind... and nothing was working...

so I found my vellum and the printed words are vellum in gold letters over deep purple ... purple was her accent color of the wedding
She and Steven are both such energetic in all they do , including their life with Christ... I well put it on my blog
I am hoping to tag a pic of them off facebook
I did like it but just not where I was headed lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #20482
Mini Quack

Good Morning...

The wedding was amazingly beautiful...
Julie is such a unique young lady, I was not sure exactly what to expect...but she put together a truly perfect display of her love and her life ... Her father ( Wally's cousin) gave a message of her life and his father did the ceremony... simply stated, but full of love and God...
The reception was a sit down / banquet style dinner...only 2 dances Father Daughter . Bride and Groom ...but many talked to the couple and shared memories of why each were so important to them as well as wishing God's blessing for life... He sang to her by surprise, and is was just a time of joy... The food was sooooo good
and yes I ate it knowing I ate way too much...so much I could not even enjoy hot tea when I got home...lol
4:00 wedding followed with reception we got home near 1o:00

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #20483
Mini Quack

Lois, so good to have you back popping in...hope you can sleep better and keep the pain at bay... gentle hugs... Kel was back in Peoria for a week to be with writing friends and I did get to see her we were at the moll due to me and my girls needing to be there... and we spent a couple of hours shopping and talking...

Dody, sorry to hear about the leak... hold on it will all be finished and you will enjoy it for a very long time : ) I did see pics on face book

Shell, I think of you daily, and say prayers, I hope the surgery goes well and can bring you relief with the healing of your injury

Maggie your yard sounds like a definite work in progress ... are you going to take more pics??

Suzy hello there... how is Jack feeling?? any exciting trips or news coming up in your life ?

Kel hey where ever you are : )

Sue, hello I know you read on here even if you do not get to post... hugs to you ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-05-2013, 05:12 AM   #20484
Mini Quack

well I need to go get clothes ready for church, and tonight they are starting a six week study... Soul Detox..and learning more about small groups too
Krista asked if I wanted to go, she is...some of her friends and parents of students I know have all welcomed me ..so I am planning on it...I just do not want to be Kristas tag a long, so to speak I want her to grow in this experience, but she really is grateful I am there

Ali joined the youth group last week, and is just so excited, she is amazed at how kind and welcoming they are...such a different atmosphere for her from the drama at school... I am so happy... no others words... well excited for her and relieved maybe

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #20485
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I went by WalMart after I left IHOP to pick up some storage things to move stuff in my rooms when they are doinig the window. They had some big bins for only $4.97 and they are heavy duty and sturdy. As I was driving to go there I passed the Big Tex Tree Nursery which I wanted to go to so after WalMart I turned around and went back to the Nursery. Decided on a Red Maple. It's green now, but will turn red in the Fall. Here's a photo of what it should look like. It's pretty big now. I think it will look great in front of my red brick house. They will deliver it and plant it on May 18. We were hoping for this Saturday, but they were all booked.
That's going to be a beautiful tree, Maggie. I bet you can't wait for fall so it will show you all it's colors.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

www.mystampinplace.blogspot.com

"I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted on the wrong people."
Old 05-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #20486
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Still getting snow?! Yikes. Sorry about that. It's only in the 50s here today ... chilly and rainy.

Glad you got some sleep. You need to make sure you take care of yourself!!

At the end of February, I was thrown from a horse into a fence. My knee went over the fence and came back. It tore my MCL, ACL, and miniscus. My doctor has been waiting for my MCL to heal before he could/would do surgery to replace my ACL and fix my miniscus. Surgery is this coming Wednesday, and I will be very glad to get it done.

I love my Cameo. If you are comfortable with the computer, you will have no issues with it. You can use all the fonts on your system and get shapes online.

Good luck on the cards. I hope you get a lot done and don't stress your shoulder at all.

I was going to try to do some of the challenges that are out there today, but I'm going to just hang out, rest the knee, color some images, and just relax (haha) for a while.

You have a great day, too.
WOW about your knee. Good luck on Wednesday, will keep you in prayers that everything goes well. I had my left knee MCL done 7 yrs ago. Years ago I was getting down on my knees to decorate the bottom of the Christmas tree and my knee rolled. Didn't really bother me much until one day at work (Wal Mart) I stepped wrong I guess and I couldn't put any weight on it. My folks happen to be in the store and they took me to the dr right away, they put me in a brace and then to the surgeon I went. I was on crutches for about 2 weeks and I haven't had any trouble with it since except for a little stiffness if the weather is bad. I'm sure you will do wonderful!

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 05-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #20487
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Hey Lois....wow, more snow!!! That is amazing at this time of year!!! I know that New Mexico would love it! They certainly haven't had much water of any kind...drops or the frozen kind! We hear about it from a friend of my dad's every week!

As for me.....yes, still bowling!!! I had a 500 series earlier in the year. I haven't topped that since!!! But, then again....I guess not many others have either because my name is still at the top of a couple of lists that are put out every week! The pins above average list...and I don't remember the other list. Gosh, I see that and wonder where that bowler went!!! Must have only been here for the night....I haven't had too many wonderful games lately!!! I keep pulling something...which would explain a lot!!!

Still doing rockets!!! We have a high school team going to the nationals...so that will be exciting!!!

Jack is doing better now....thanks for asking. He had a blood clot in his leg. It was caught in time...had surgery to remove it. He spent almost a week in the hospital the end of Feb. We are still trying to get his warfarin levels figure out...so, that means blood work done every couple of weeks. He sees our regular doctor on Monday. So, we'll see what is next. After the blood work this past Thursday...his meds were put up a bit today.

I didn't do anything for Scrapbook Day. I usually miss it because of the rocket club meeting. Hey...maybe that's why we didn't get a good turn out at the meeting today!!!
That's a great series! I used to bowl years ago...and smarty pants me did a 565 at the beginning of the bowling season, but it carried all season and I got a trophy for it. Oh yeah the good ole days of bowling. I bowled in 3 leagues each week. Had a lot of fun though. Wish I could bowl now...but not gonna happen...LOL

I hope Jack progresses to get better each day and doesn't have to have any more surgeries or problems.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #20488
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
7:30 am and a crew of 5 men are here working already!!! they have a huge job to do but 7am Sunday????? I'll take it!
Yikes 7:30 AM is pretty early...but it's gonna get done faster. Is there rain in the forecast there today? Maybe they want to get ahead of it.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 05-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #20489
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Good Morning...

Julie is such a unique young lady, I was not sure exactly what to expect...but she put together a truly perfect display of her love and her life ... Her father ( Wally's cousin) gave a message of her life and his father did the ceremony... simply stated, but full of love and God...
The reception was a sit down / banquet style dinner...only 2 dances Father Daughter . Bride and Groom ...but many talked to the couple and shared memories of why each were so important to them as well as wishing God's blessing for life... He sang to her by surprise, and is was just a time of joy... The food was sooooo good
and yes I ate it knowing I ate way too much...so much I could not even enjoy hot tea when I got home...lol
Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Glad you enjoyed the wedding.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 05-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #20490
Glitter Guru

Good morning! Darn dogs thought they needed up early this morning...LOL Temps are on the rise. Yesterday was 50 and today suppose to be 60. I have the heater on just to take the chill out of the air. I slept pretty good last night, not as well as the night before, but I'll take it.

Going to work on some key chains today, made with SU bottle cap tops and some sparkle paper from SU. OHHH and gonna play with the new clay and molds. I want to color some to make flowers. It's really fun to play with. These are new items coming up in the new catty. Speaking of the new catty....I WAS NOT impressed this year. I'm hoping the Holiday mini is full of awesome stuff.

Bill is working hard. He got a load from Houston to somewhere near Columbus OH. So he's on the move today. He should get to OH tonight sometime. Not sure when he's coming home. I'm kinda hoping he'll be home for the 1st hearing of the perp that broken into the house. We'll have to see.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 05-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #20491
Glitter Guru

AND today is race day...yesterdays race was a nail biter....LOL So I'm sure todays race will be the same way.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #20492
Mini Quack

Home from church...after a slight prelude to the 5 week study in Soul Detox, I think I am going to do well with all of it...seems to be fitting in as I follow this journey...

Dustin is hanging out at grammas, yep on the kids computer to look up building ideas, now for the game of MindCraft... he is really intrigued by it...I still say he will be an architect or engineer...

Iwe are putting his flowers out to enjoy fresh air and hopefully some sunshine too he had two more pots showing green stuff today he is so excited...I need to go get pics to share with Aunt Tammy ...

after our wonderful lunch of PB& J I plan to study a bit, and clear up some space out here so I can play with Suzy's envelope... I am excited, I love the vintage look, and of course the tea cups were just what I needed ... to perk me up ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #20493
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Home from church...after a slight prelude to the 5 week study in Soul Detox, I think I am going to do well with all of it...seems to be fitting in as I follow this journey...

Dustin is hanging out at grammas, yep on the kids computer to look up building ideas, now for the game of MindCraft... he is really intrigued by it...I still say he will be an architect or engineer...

Iwe are putting his flowers out to enjoy fresh air and hopefully some sunshine too he had two more pots showing green stuff today he is so excited...I need to go get pics to share with Aunt Tammy ...

after our wonderful lunch of PB& J I plan to study a bit, and clear up some space out here so I can play with Suzy's envelope... I am excited, I love the vintage look, and of course the tea cups were just what I needed ... to perk me up ...
I'm so glad I came up with the right combination!!! Deb said that teacups are in again. Hey to me...they never went out of style!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #20494
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
That's a great series! I used to bowl years ago...and smarty pants me did a 565 at the beginning of the bowling season, but it carried all season and I got a trophy for it. Oh yeah the good ole days of bowling. I bowled in 3 leagues each week. Had a lot of fun though. Wish I could bowl now...but not gonna happen...LOL

I hope Jack progresses to get better each day and doesn't have to have any more surgeries or problems.
My 500 series didn't come until about the middle....but, still haven't been that good since. I wonder sometimes if I'm "thinking" too much....or not enough! LOL

Thanks about including Jack. So far...he is doing good!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #20495
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Lois...so, you weren't impressed with the new catalog? Haven't seen it yet. The girl that I get my SU stuff from said she had the catalogs in. Won't see it until we meet on the 23rd.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #20496
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell, I know you are right about the pool. Of course this is one of the reasons why we went with a pool company that has been in business for over 30 years! Bud just got down from the roof, we had a leak where they took the shingles off to put on the bath house roof. Lovely going to bed & seeing a wet ceiling....sure woke us back up! Pictures are on FB. Shell, I'm not sure what you meant about posting pic here...was that an app I need to download? Remember I am just barely into this century tech wise!

Totally agree with that choice. It's great that you were able to find a company with a great reputation and that had been in business so long.

I HATE to hear about the stuff with your roof. I hope they take care of it without issues.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #20497
Total Quack

Quote:
7:30 am and a crew of 5 men are here working already!!! they have a huge job to do but 7am Sunday????? I'll take it!

On a Sunday? Wow. I would have never thought.... I'm glad they are getting it done.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #20498
Total Quack

Quote:

Shell, I think of you daily, and say prayers, I hope the surgery goes well and can bring you relief with the healing of your injury

Thank you so much, Sonja.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #20499
Total Quack

Quote:
well I need to go get clothes ready for church, and tonight they are starting a six week study... Soul Detox..and learning more about small groups too
Krista asked if I wanted to go, she is...some of her friends and parents of students I know have all welcomed me ..so I am planning on it...I just do not want to be Kristas tag a long, so to speak I want her to grow in this experience, but she really is grateful I am there

Ali joined the youth group last week, and is just so excited, she is amazed at how kind and welcoming they are...such a different atmosphere for her from the drama at school... I am so happy... no others words... well excited for her and relieved maybe

I am so glad you've found a church to get involved with and that welcomes you so well. That's going to be such a great, great experience for Ali.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #20500
Total Quack

Quote:
WOW about your knee. Good luck on Wednesday, will keep you in prayers that everything goes well. I had my left knee MCL done 7 yrs ago. Years ago I was getting down on my knees to decorate the bottom of the Christmas tree and my knee rolled. Didn't really bother me much until one day at work (Wal Mart) I stepped wrong I guess and I couldn't put any weight on it. My folks happen to be in the store and they took me to the dr right away, they put me in a brace and then to the surgeon I went. I was on crutches for about 2 weeks and I haven't had any trouble with it since except for a little stiffness if the weather is bad. I'm sure you will do wonderful!

Thank you so much, Lois.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #20501
Total Quack

Quote:
AND today is race day...yesterdays race was a nail biter....LOL So I'm sure todays race will be the same way.

I'm wondering if they are going to get the rest of the race in .....

Old 05-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #20502
Total Quack

Quote:

That looks like a great study for you. I hope you enjoy it and get a lot out of it.

Jonah is very into Minecraft and has been for quite a while. He's sucked Jaydin in, as well.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #20503
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I hope you enjoy that tree the color will be amazing to look at I love trees but I am sure you know that

what kind of bins?? open or with lids??

and the rain barrel is a great idea...I have always wanted one ... espcially when I had all of my plants and flowers ...
I'm sure I'll love the tree color.

They are storage crates with lids.

Yep, I'll be happy to have the rain barrel.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #20504
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good Morning...

Glad that you enjoyed the wedding.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #20505
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Lois, so good to have you back popping in...hope you can sleep better and keep the pain at bay... gentle hugs... Kel was back in Peoria for a week to be with writing friends and I did get to see her we were at the moll due to me and my girls needing to be there... and we spent a couple of hours shopping and talking...

Dody, sorry to hear about the leak... hold on it will all be finished and you will enjoy it for a very long time : ) I did see pics on face book

Maggie your yard sounds like a definite work in progress ... are you going to take more pics??

Suzy hello there... how is Jack feeling?? any exciting trips or news coming up in your life ?

Kel hey where ever you are : )

Sue, hello I know you read on here even if you do not get to post... hugs to you ...
I will post pics when I have something to show off. I need to call the yard man tomorrow and see when he can come by to discuss what I want done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #20506
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Sounds like you all have found a church home. I'm glad to hear that the people are nice and have welcomed you all into the family.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #20507
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That's going to be a beautiful tree, Maggie. I bet you can't wait for fall so it will show you all it's colors.
I know! I was hoping it was already going to be red, but it does have some light red tipped leaves already and it's already a pretty good size.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #20508
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning! Darn dogs thought they needed up early this morning...LOL Temps are on the rise. Yesterday was 50 and today suppose to be 60. I have the heater on just to take the chill out of the air. I slept pretty good last night, not as well as the night before, but I'll take it.

Going to work on some key chains today, made with SU bottle cap tops and some sparkle paper from SU. OHHH and gonna play with the new clay and molds. I want to color some to make flowers. It's really fun to play with. These are new items coming up in the new catty. Speaking of the new catty....I WAS NOT impressed this year. I'm hoping the Holiday mini is full of awesome stuff.

Bill is working hard. He got a load from Houston to somewhere near Columbus OH. So he's on the move today. He should get to OH tonight sometime. Not sure when he's coming home. I'm kinda hoping he'll be home for the 1st hearing of the perp that broken into the house. We'll have to see.
I have to agree with you Lois. I haven't gotten a catty yet, but did look at it online. There weren't any stamp sets that I just had to have. I might like some dp and of course, I love the new In Colors.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #20509
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Is that Nascar???
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #20510
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm so glad I came up with the right combination!!! Deb said that teacups are in again. Hey to me...they never went out of style!
I love teacups. I think I have at least 3 or 4 sets with teacups.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #20511
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
At the end of February, I was thrown from a horse into a fence. My knee went over the fence and came back. It tore my MCL, ACL, and miniscus. My doctor has been waiting for my MCL to heal before he could/would do surgery to replace my ACL and fix my miniscus. Surgery is this coming Wednesday, and I will be very glad to get it done.

I was going to try to do some of the challenges that are out there today, but I'm going to just hang out, rest the knee, color some images, and just relax (haha) for a while.

You have a great day, too.
I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer that the surgery goes well on Wednesday. I know you're happy to get this done and get on with the rest of your recovery.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #20512
Mini Quack

was a great experience tonight... looking forward to going on with this...

waving good night *

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-06-2013, 03:07 AM   #20513
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers! Had a terrible night sleeping last night. Woke up at 1:54 and could not go back to sleep. I tossed and turned for about an hour and then sat up and read for 1/2 hour. After I turned out the light I laid there for a little while longer before finally dropping off to sleep for about another hour until the alarm went off at 5:30. Not sure what the deal was.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #20514
Mini Quack

Quote:
That looks like a great study for you. I hope you enjoy it and get a lot out of it.

Jonah is very into Minecraft and has been for quite a while. He's sucked Jaydin in, as well.
well the building part is great tho I am not find of the fighting part it only brings out what does not need brought out he is smart so I have to watch what he is watching, little bit independent...of course he does not see the harm, it is a game to him... but gramma says NO lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-06-2013, 07:37 AM   #20515
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sounds like you all have found a church home. I'm glad to hear that the people are nice and have welcomed you all into the family.
Maggie it is just so different there...I feel like I belong...I feel like I can hang on and dig out of all of my holes... I feel like I am at HOME and I am with family
and I really know very few there...
the words are understandable, the thoughts are clear ... and easy to follow... REV Marty is pretty amazing...can be quiet but so genuine and his Heart is with God so the passion flows... His wife is so much a part and her ways are so helpful

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Beachbound likes this post.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:40 AM   #20516
Mini Quack

Shell so far this study is great, we formed a group with the pastors wife 's help we all did great together... I am looking forward to going on in the study... Krista bought us the hard copy too, so we can really dig in on our own I think after the study group is done it will be one I will enjoy re doing... thanks for the thoughts

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #20517
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Morning all....
We are home briefly after going to the doctor for Jack. The doctor likes what has been done so far but, still need to get the med leveled off. He also said to get a little more active. Okay...that won't hurt either of us! LOL

So, we will leave in a little bit to meet for lunch and then bowl. Go to the other house and check on it. Then home. A normal full Monday!
Beachbound likes this post.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #20518
Mini Quack

Good Morning...

yep it is late... Daisy and I had a rough time sleeping... not sure why, I was plenty tired...
I slept sound and hard for 2 hours, then was like Maggie I could not go back to sleep
after taking Daisy out at 6:00 am I finally slept for a little over 2 more hours

I am at home today, cleaning, checkbook balancing, pay a couple bills. bake banana bread, make a couple med appointments and one for mt car...

Tomorrow I will go to Peoria, as Kayle's is being induced in the morning...
I need to go to Pekin to get that jewerlry ordered for Pam's family ( Wally's cousin that just lost her dad )
and Wednesday should be Walmart day...
music awards tomorrow night ....I think that is it for the week

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #20519
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Lois...so, you weren't impressed with the new catalog? Haven't seen it yet. The girl that I get my SU stuff from said she had the catalogs in. Won't see it until we meet on the 23rd.
Not impressed at all with the new catalog. But then that's just me, others might/do think it's the hottest thing ever. There were a few new things that I liked, but my list isn't that long on the must haves. I'm waiting for the holiday mini.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #20520
Glitter Guru

Quote:
I'm wondering if they are going to get the rest of the race in .....
They finally got it done, but a 3.5 hr rain delay! Sure was a great race right down to the last lap.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08