Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6744Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #20401
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
morning! I am home from my walk...I really need to get serious this time about losing 30 pounds! I have a group of ladies who I walk with now 3xweek so that is helping me get going.

Suzy, I looked at those stamps. It helped me alot because I realized that at one time I would have bought all of them & more. So I don't feel so bad about spending $100 on Magnolias (yeah...I bought more) But these are second hand so less than half price. I know Soni asked for some but if any of y'all want images just let me know.

Workers are framing the bath house today, yay!!!! I think we'll have workers here every day for a while now. Tomorrow the yard gets leveled flat. That will be fun!

Good luck on the weight loss and walking!

I would love some images, Dody. With me being down with my knee, I've brought my Copics downstairs and color while I keep the knee up. Thank you so much for offering.

Yippee on the bath house. I SO want one of those for the pool. It would help so much.

Photography Site

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:19 AM   #20402
First To Quack

Shell, I stamped some for you on SU! WW; believe it or not I am out of my WalMart cardstock! I hope this is ok, I actually prefer the WalMart kind for copics. I will let them dry & mail tomorrow so they don't smear in the envie. I have more stamps coming next week too

What is the app that allows smart phones to read scans? Also can I take a picture with my iPhone & post straight to SCS?

Stephanie is looking at Cricuts, should she look at the Vagabond instead? She wants it for school projects, lettering, etc.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #20403
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell, I stamped some for you on SU! WW; believe it or not I am out of my WalMart cardstock! I hope this is ok, I actually prefer the WalMart kind for copics. I will let them dry & mail tomorrow so they don't smear in the envie. I have more stamps coming next week too

What is the app that allows smart phones to read scans? Also can I take a picture with my iPhone & post straight to SCS?

Stephanie is looking at Cricuts, should she look at the Vagabond instead? She wants it for school projects, lettering, etc.

Oh, my!!! Thank you soooooo much, Dody. I will SO enjoy coloring those.

QR scans?? I use QR reader for iPhone. For a bar code, you can use RedLaser. I don't have the bar code reader, but I think that one's pretty popular.

The vagabond is great IF you only want to cut one size - like a Cuttlebug. Personally, I recommend a Silhouette - either the Portrait or the Cameo (I have the Cameo) at this point. It comes with it's own software (never to be charged extra for that), allows you to use any of the fonts on your computer, allows you to create your own shapes and get ones online, gives you $10 in shapes from the Silhouette store, and never requires cartridges.

You can find bundles sometimes that come with a bunch of good things.

Here's a link to the differences in the machines - http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/?pa...t-a-silhouette

Here's a link to one of the many bundles out there -
http://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-Ame...uette+portrait

Let me know if you have ANY questions about the Cameo (or Silhouette in general) or about the Vagabond (I love mine, but wouldn't get it for this purpose).

Photography Site

Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #20404
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:

I am not She;; but I say just look size wise what dies she need and the Vagabond is great , so is the Big Sbot the larger base one is really nice and can go elec or not

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 05-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #20405
Mini Quack

Dody Tammy just got an I phone too had the 5 but took it back went to a 4 so Brooke could have one too $$

I was there with her as she looked and the girl said I phones were the easiest to learn to navigate on maybe you and her can learn together with Brooke helping lol
I trieed but my thumb pad does not work properly on touch screens
I have tried several my fore finger does, but to hold the phone and use it I need my thumb : (

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #20406
Mini Quack

Good morning...I am off to check the weather, then get dressed...we did not get any rain...so I want to go out and enjoy the sun while I can I think I will take my study book out and get busy

have a great day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #20407
Mini Quack

Good morning...I am off to check the weather, then get dressed...we did not get any rain...so I want to go out and enjoy the sun while I can I think I will take my study book out and get busy

have a great day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #20408
Glitter Guru

Hi girls...I know I haven't been around but since March 4, it's been rather hectic here. I when I say hectic that is what I mean. Between my heart attack, bathroom remodel, the house was broken into, the shed was broken into (2 different times), the perp is in jail and has been charged with burglary 2nd degree felony, so now all the court dates to be in court, I had PT for 3 times a week for 4 weeks to get my shoulder better (I have bone spurs) and is pretty painful. So my creating has been hampered a bit...I just do what I can, a little each day. Bill's new semi has been in the shop more than he's been on the road...finally I think they have the bugs worked out since the last 2 weeks, he's been on the road doing good. Both of my parents had surgery.......trying to help them when I can. And Miss Dolly got hurt pretty bad, ended up she had gotten cut on a spike nail sticking out of a timber that I didn't know about and she cut herself enough to have 7 stitches to close it up. She is doing fine and has healed really well. I felt so bad, but accidents happen. So needless to say, I've been busy.

I had a dr's appointment last week with my regular dr and the surgeon for my shoulder. I've lost 30 lbs, got taken off one of my diabetic meds and one other pill. No surgery on my shoulder unless it gets really bad again. So I am taking good care of it so it doesn't flair up.

Hope everyone is doing well. The weather here has been really bizarre, this week has been in the 80's today in the 40's with rain mixed with snow possible. Geeze isn't this May?!

Off to get showered and dressed, going shopping with a girlfriend, I need some new pants really bad, dr said the other day that I looked like I had clown pants on...LOL silly dr!

TTYL

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

www.mystampinplace.blogspot.com

"I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted on the wrong people."

Last edited by travelinscrapper; 05-02-2013 at 09:04 AM..
Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #20409
Glitter Guru

OH I forgot I said a while back I'd post a photo of peanut...so here she is!
She weighs in at a whopping 3.2 #'s and is 9 months old and full of attitude!
Attached Thumbnails
march-2013-004.jpg  

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

www.mystampinplace.blogspot.com

"I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted on the wrong people."

Last edited by travelinscrapper; 05-02-2013 at 09:06 AM..
Old 05-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #20410
Total Quack

Lois - it's good to hear from you. It sounds like you've had a lot going on in your life. I hope things calm down so that you can enjoy life a little more. Take care of that shoulder!! Sure hope things go well with the court dates and Bill's truck, too. Yippee on the lost weight!!!

Ok.. so Peanut is pretty much *adorable*!

Photography Site

Old 05-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #20411
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Great to hear from you, Lois....all I can say is WOW, girl!!! You have been rather busy...no wonder we haven't heard from you. So glad you popped in to give us an update on everything. Peanut is just a cute one!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #20412
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Back from the chiropractor....everything feels better now. But, I'm a bit sore...figures!
He is still fussing about how stiff my neck is....has a hard time doing anything with it! Well, duh...that's one of the reasons I'm down there!!! I told him that I'm just his personal challenge!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #20413
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Back from the chiropractor....everything feels better now. But, I'm a bit sore...figures!
He is still fussing about how stiff my neck is....has a hard time doing anything with it! Well, duh...that's one of the reasons I'm down there!!! I told him that I'm just his personal challenge!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #20414
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

okay...not my fault you are ready double.....it just posted that way!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #20415
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
just got in from bowling...oh, this wasn't my night! We won one game...the first one. After that....we went down hill! I did improve each game but still didn't make my average. Oh well!
Sorry that you guys didn't do so well last night. Is your leg still bothering you?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #20416
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post

have a great day
It's starting to cloud up here. The temps are supposed to be dropping during the day and will be down in the 40's tonight after being up to 80's yesterday. I'd love to be sitting out on my patio in my lounge chair reading a book and petting a kitty or two while I'm out there. I bet I could get one at least to come sit with me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #20417
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Hi girls...I know I haven't been around but since March 4, it's been rather hectic here. I when I say hectic that is what I mean. Between my heart attack, bathroom remodel, the house was broken into, the shed was broken into (2 different times), the perp is in jail and has been charged with burglary 2nd degree felony, so now all the court dates to be in court, I had PT for 3 times a week for 4 weeks to get my shoulder better (I have bone spurs) and is pretty painful. So my creating has been hampered a bit...I just do what I can, a little each day. Bill's new semi has been in the shop more than he's been on the road...finally I think they have the bugs worked out since the last 2 weeks, he's been on the road doing good. Both of my parents had surgery.......trying to help them when I can. And Miss Dolly got hurt pretty bad, ended up she had gotten cut on a spike nail sticking out of a timber that I didn't know about and she cut herself enough to have 7 stitches to close it up. She is doing fine and has healed really well. I felt so bad, but accidents happen. So needless to say, I've been busy.

I had a dr's appointment last week with my regular dr and the surgeon for my shoulder. I've lost 30 lbs, got taken off one of my diabetic meds and one other pill. No surgery on my shoulder unless it gets really bad again. So I am taking good care of it so it doesn't flair up.

Hope everyone is doing well. The weather here has been really bizarre, this week has been in the 80's today in the 40's with rain mixed with snow possible. Geeze isn't this May?!

Off to get showered and dressed, going shopping with a girlfriend, I need some new pants really bad, dr said the other day that I looked like I had clown pants on...LOL silly dr!

TTYL
Hi Lois!!!!!! O M G! Wow! I don't know what else to say. Things have certainly been hectic up there. Glad they were able to get the perp that broke into the house/shed. Wish I had been that lucky when my house was broken into even with finding blood on a door jamb.

Glad to hear that YOU are doing well with your shoulder. Please do be careful and don't hurt it again. WOO HOO on the weight loss and getting off some of your meds. That's fabulous!

Yes, you would think that by now we'd be done with the snow and cold weather over the country, but not to be. I sure hope this is the last "cold" front that we have coming through. I don't really look forward to the heat and hope it doesn't go up to 105 this summer, but I'm really done with the cold.

Have fun shopping. I'm sure you do need some new clothes with that weight loss.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #20418
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
OH I forgot I said a while back I'd post a photo of peanut...so here she is!
She weighs in at a whopping 3.2 #'s and is 9 months old and full of attitude!
Oh, how adorable!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #20419
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I used to have a problem neck too. Came from being involved in rear end auto collisions and having whiplash! I think the thing that finally helped mine was taking Osteo Bi-Flex. I really do need to go get a massage though for my upper shoulder. It's all tied up in knots from work stress.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-02-2013, 10:06 AM   #20420
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
[COLOR=Purple]Sorry that you guys didn't do so well last night. Is your leg still bothering you? [ /COLOR]
It's feeling better since being at the chiropractor.
mschoener likes this post.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:08 AM   #20421
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I used to have a problem neck too. Came from being involved in rear end auto collisions and having whiplash! I think the thing that finally helped mine was taking Osteo Bi-Flex. I really do need to go get a massage though for my upper shoulder. It's all tied up in knots from work stress.
Yes, I'm taking glucosomen ....not spelled right...I'm sure! Plus, the other combo with it. Jack just started taking it again...said he was getting stiff. Need to put that on my list to pick up soon.
mschoener and Beachbound like this post.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #20422
Mini Quack

I see my last post today was double as well

then I could not get back on

I had Dustin after school. his friend across the road came over to play

Dustin has little green things sprouting up in three of his containers : )

looks like a good bit of rain on the way over 2 inches

so we were lucky today with none...tho just a few miles way it poured...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #20423
Mini Quack

Lois, oh my yes it sounds as you have been busy...I sure hope it gets better for you soon... the new puppy is a real sweetie... take care ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 AM   #20424
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I see my last post today was double as well

then I could not get back on

I had Dustin after school. his friend across the road came over to play

Dustin has little green things sprouting up in three of his containers : )

looks like a good bit of rain on the way over 2 inches

so we were lucky today with none...tho just a few miles way it poured...
What did he plant in his containers? Great that they are beginning to grow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2013, 03:11 AM   #20425
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Happy Friday. Boss is gone all day at a seminar today so should be quiet. I can use some quiet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #20426
Mini Quack

Quote:
What did he plant in his containers? Great that they are beginning to grow.
Aunt Tammy bought him flower pots, dirt and seeds as a part of his birthday gift...he loves to plant flowersSo him and I did the planting here so I could keep them in the breezway during our silly weather
We planted zinnias, sweet william, snapdragons, and I think petunias...there was enough left over seeds that we planted to more pots...so far I think it is zinnias that are up ...I forgot to label the pots, but I think lol

On the way up ti Ali;s game the other night he asked how they were doing, before they had sprouted...I told him to be patient the starting flowers by seeds takes time...so he wants to do a study on the computer to see where the seeds come from lol

and said he was hoping they would be sprouted before Mother Day so he could give his mommy one of the containers...

he makes me smile a lot

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-03-2013, 04:34 AM   #20427
Mini Quack

good morning... yes I am up early...

raining ugh ...but I am still going to drive to Bartonville
Tammy is helping at Brookes school at the carnival all morning...so I am going in to watch and play with Faith while she helps and takes pictures...

then home to make a wedding card... Wally's cousins daughter gets married tomorrow and much of his family is comimg home so I hope to go ...
She is the bride to be that Krista made that beautiful cake for her shower a few weeks back

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 05-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #20428
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Aunt Tammy bought him flower pots, dirt and seeds as a part of his birthday gift...he loves to plant flowersSo him and I did the planting here so I could keep them in the breezway during our silly weather
We planted zinnias, sweet william, snapdragons, and I think petunias...there was enough left over seeds that we planted to more pots...so far I think it is zinnias that are up ...I forgot to label the pots, but I think lol

On the way up ti Ali;s game the other night he asked how they were doing, before they had sprouted...I told him to be patient the starting flowers by seeds takes time...so he wants to do a study on the computer to see where the seeds come from lol

and said he was hoping they would be sprouted before Mother Day so he could give his mommy one of the containers...

he makes me smile a lot
That is sweet. I hope that they survive and he can have some for Mother's Day. I love Zinna's because they attract hummingbirds.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #20429
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
good morning... yes I am up early...

raining ugh ...but I am still going to drive to Bartonville
Tammy is helping at Brookes school at the carnival all morning...so I am going in to watch and play with Faith while she helps and takes pictures...

then home to make a wedding card... Wally's cousins daughter gets married tomorrow and much of his family is comimg home so I hope to go ...
She is the bride to be that Krista made that beautiful cake for her shower a few weeks back
Dang! It is downright cold here this morning and the wind is blowing 9 to 90!!!!! When I got home from work last night the wind had actually picked up my patio umbrella from out of the stand and it was fallen over. I had left it open not realizing that we would get those high winds again. I put it back in the stand but also closed it.

Have fun with Faith this morning and congratulations and best wishes to Wally's cousin's daughter. (Is that a 2nd cousin?)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #20430
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning....
Well, it was very chilly here last night....with the winds on top of it.....brrrrr!!!!

Don't have a specific plan today....might need to make one! Jack is out checking the sprinklers...see what needs to be replaced etc.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #20431
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

we finished lunch a few minutes ago....so...now to get moving on some stuff around here.....
Old 05-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #20432
Quacker Stamper

Hi Quackers! I had an unexpected duty today on the PSC blog. I woke up at 4:45 this morning thinking that I had forgotten to vote on our Perfect 3 this week. So then I thought that I hadn't seen a voting reminder from the other girl that switches off with me. So I finally dragged myself out of bed at 5:15 and went out and looked. Well, there was no voting reminder. There was no poll or database set up for voting. Yikes! So I quick got on FB and posted a message to the group that we had dropped the ball this week and that I had set up a database for voting and that everyone should vote before noon and that I would do the blog post. I did mention the other girl's name who was supposed to do it because I did the post for her last week. This is the 3rd time I've had to CHB since we started this sharing of the Friday blog post. Anyway, long story short I did get about 7 of them to vote so I was able to do a blog post at lunch time today. Grrrrrrrrrr. . . Oh, she was busy at work. Duh! What does she think I'm doing all day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 05-03-2013, 10:49 AM   #20433
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

gosh, Maggie.....it does sound like she isn't in to doing that anymore. Good thing you remembered....but, that does make it stressful to you. Yes, that was a duh moment...you are at work too! Hang in there!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #20434
First To Quack

We have a very large hole in our very small yard! They have been digging all day & are just about finished. I hope they can get the rebar & supports in before we get more rain. The last few days it has just poured here!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #20435
First To Quack

I really need to stay away from the buy/sell threads. I have purchased 17 stamps, 3 Cuddlebug B plates & now 2 copic markers & a refill E00. All at way better prices but ENOUGH!!! LOL! My B plates are getting rough from cutting (I put the B on the bottom not the C...cheaper to replace) A lady had 3 new ones she sold me for $10, can't beat that price! I checked my JoAnns & all they had were the extented plates which I don't really need.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #20436
First To Quack

Quote:
Hi Quackers! I had an unexpected duty today on the PSC blog. I woke up at 4:45 this morning thinking that I had forgotten to vote on our Perfect 3 this week. So then I thought that I hadn't seen a voting reminder from the other girl that switches off with me. So I finally dragged myself out of bed at 5:15 and went out and looked. Well, there was no voting reminder. There was no poll or database set up for voting. Yikes! So I quick got on FB and posted a message to the group that we had dropped the ball this week and that I had set up a database for voting and that everyone should vote before noon and that I would do the blog post. I did mention the other girl's name who was supposed to do it because I did the post for her last week. This is the 3rd time I've had to CHB since we started this sharing of the Friday blog post. Anyway, long story short I did get about 7 of them to vote so I was able to do a blog post at lunch time today. Grrrrrrrrrr. . . Oh, she was busy at work. Duh! What does she think I'm doing all day.
just what you need, more stress

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #20437
First To Quack

Quote:
morning....
Well, it was very chilly here last night....with the winds on top of it.....brrrrr!!!!

Don't have a specific plan today....might need to make one! Jack is out checking the sprinklers...see what needs to be replaced etc.
gee, I meant to do laundry...opps! maybe tomorrow!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #20438
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Oh, my!!! Thank you soooooo much, Dody. I will SO enjoy coloring those.

QR scans?? I use QR reader for iPhone. For a bar code, you can use RedLaser. I don't have the bar code reader, but I think that one's pretty popular.

The vagabond is great IF you only want to cut one size - like a Cuttlebug. Personally, I recommend a Silhouette - either the Portrait or the Cameo (I have the Cameo) at this point. It comes with it's own software (never to be charged extra for that), allows you to use any of the fonts on your computer, allows you to create your own shapes and get ones online, gives you $10 in shapes from the Silhouette store, and never requires cartridges.

You can find bundles sometimes that come with a bunch of good things.

Here's a link to the differences in the machines - http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/?pa...t-a-silhouette

Here's a link to one of the many bundles out there -
http://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-Ame...uette+portrait

Let me know if you have ANY questions about the Cameo (or Silhouette in general) or about the Vagabond (I love mine, but wouldn't get it for this purpose).
Stephanie got the Cameo for her birthday. She's so excited! She is just tickled to have a toy before I do, lol!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #20439
First To Quack

Lois, if you are reading this I hope you feel better & that your life settles down right quick.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 05-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #20440
Total Quack

Quote:
Stephanie got the Cameo for her birthday. She's so excited! She is just tickled to have a toy before I do, lol!!

Hahaha ... does she like it? I love mine. Of course, I love my Vagabond, too, but they are used for different purposes.

Photography Site