Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7779Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #19721
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

It has been a very quiet day... I slept in , caught up on here, washed a load of towels and studied a little... I watch General Hospital as it is the 50 year anniversary... wow I have watched many a year ...

Dustin came over after school so Krista could go watch Ali play softball
he just enjoyed the laptop and even ate for me... and he ate great

I sent the cake home to the Quick's since Tammy did not make it up ...

I am off for an early bath and curling up....the sun shine was great but still pretty cool out there

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #19722
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Maggie, my box arrived today, thanks so much...it was the perfect box lol

The Easter card was so sweet... thank you so very much

I love the dot paper and the kitchen prints I have plans for too : )
So glad to hear that it got there when promised. Sorry it too so long.

You're welcome. Glad you like it.

I think I've already used some of my Sweet Shop paper.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 04-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #19723
Quacker Stamper

I talked to a lady at the bank today. I sent over the papers yesterday to make sure that I had everything filled in that needed to be. She said it all looked good and I just need to sign them now and resend them. She'll have everything ready by Friday to put the loan through and then we have to wait 3 days before the appraiser can come. She did say that they will probably just scope it and not have to actually come into the house except if he came in he would see all the improvements I've made to it. So I should be able to get the patio done soon and get the windows ordered soon I hope. They place orders on Wednesdays so it would have to be ready by next Wednesday otherwise it will be another week. That means it will be mid to late May before the windows get installed.

I'm off to get my blog post done for PSC and then I'm going to see what I can do in my stamp room. I've gotten a bunch of new stamps in the mail recently from the challenges that I've won and I'd really like to use some of them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #19724
Stazon Splitcoast

Soni... do you or Krista have the DP slabs for the SU color families. I'm needing 2 sheets from each (I think I have the Brights) and hate to order the full slabs right now. I'd happily pay you guys for the papers.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #19725
Stazon Splitcoast

Also, Soni... is there anything I might have you'd like me to bring? I have the new petite curly label and the petite scallop punches. I'm looking forward to playing with them when I get home. Oh.. and I have the butterfly punch.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #19726
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay.. I just watched the weather. They are calling for lots of rain HERE next week. Can we PLEASE not have any in Peoria. Otherwise I may not leave the hotel LOL
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #19727
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like things are moving along on your loan, Maggie. YOu'll be so happy when it's all done.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #19728
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Okay.. I just watched the weather. They are calling for lots of rain HERE next week. Can we PLEASE not have any in Peoria. Otherwise I may not leave the hotel LOL
We had a bad storm come through last night right at bedtime so of course I was up until it moved out of the area. I felt so bad for Corey. I don't know why he won't go in the cat/dog house since he used to. I'm thinking he might think of it more like the cage he was in before I put him outside. When the rain really started pouring down he ran from his spot over here by the house to behind the cat/dog house. I think the roof overhangs next to the fence and he hides under it to keep dry. Silly cat.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #19729
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sounds like things are moving along on your loan, Maggie. YOu'll be so happy when it's all done.
I know I will. I'm going to have the patio done first thing, probably within the next 2 weeks. I do have the $$ for that in my savings so I'll use it and then just put it back when I get the loan money.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #19730
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

I got my PSC card up on my blog this morning.

After I got that done, I started going through my stamp drawers and pulling out stamp sets that I'm going to give to my DD to put on E-Bay for sale. Now that she has the work done in her house, she should be about ready to get started again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 06:12 AM   #19731
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Quacks before I start a busy day. Wednesday.. The Party list needs put together and posted - a task which takes about 5 hours but TX disc jockeys are using it for their Thu. morning shows (or so I hear) so I need to get it scheduled for early morning post. Bob's due home tonight. I want to get the kitchen done. Another of those 'I'm tired of looking at it' kind of rooms. Then piddle stuff to take care of around the house. Yep. Full day.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #19732
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I know I will. I'm going to have the patio done first thing, probably within the next 2 weeks. I do have the $$ for that in my savings so I'll use it and then just put it back when I get the loan money.
The patio will be so nice. We have enough to get the siding done on the house, finally. Hoping that comes with a new front deck. I had initially put out the call for a siding hanging party for Memorial Day weekend. Not a single family member is sure they can make it. Really? I will not growl... I will not growl... So Bob has talked to a guy at his lodge that does construction to see what he'd charge for Labor if we buy the materials and just let his crew do it. It would be easier since I'll have both girls Memorial Day weekend. LOL

I told Bob the first project I want done... and hopefully while he's home this trip... is to get the gazebo area finished. We have one of those metal framed ones with the canvas top and sides and mesh screened panels you can pull back. I have created a patio around it. We just need to frame that in and get the concrete in here. Then I'll refurbish a pair of antique fireside chairs along with a daybed style bench to go in there. Someplace I can go read or just sit and enjoy an evening. It will be a nice place to snuggle with the girls or watch them while they play.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #19733
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
The patio will be so nice. We have enough to get the siding done on the house, finally. Hoping that comes with a new front deck. I had initially put out the call for a siding hanging party for Memorial Day weekend. Not a single family member is sure they can make it. Really? I will not growl... I will not growl... So Bob has talked to a guy at his lodge that does construction to see what he'd charge for Labor if we buy the materials and just let his crew do it. It would be easier since I'll have both girls Memorial Day weekend. LOL

I told Bob the first project I want done... and hopefully while he's home this trip... is to get the gazebo area finished. We have one of those metal framed ones with the canvas top and sides and mesh screened panels you can pull back. I have created a patio around it. We just need to frame that in and get the concrete in here. Then I'll refurbish a pair of antique fireside chairs along with a daybed style bench to go in there. Someplace I can go read or just sit and enjoy an evening. It will be a nice place to snuggle with the girls or watch them while they play.
Your gazebo sounds delightful. I had thought about something like that - a tent with mesh sides instead of the umbrella, but decided weatherwise, it was better to have the umbrella which is kept closed and easily opened when needed. I think a tent would have gotten blown away last night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #19734
Mini Quack

morning....

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #19735
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

good morning!

Well, it's a bit damp out this morning and rather chilly!!! It's not suppose to be very warm today!!! So, I'll be digging out a sweat shirt to wear for sure!!!

I do need to go to the store...I'm out of a few things. But, nothing huge....

We are suppose to hear from friends sometime today as to what their plan is. Hopefully they will call tonight. Prefer after bowling....it's kind of hard to hear on the phone there. I guess that's why Jack leaves his phone on the table. I've missed a few calls because my phone is in my purse...purse is in the bowing bag....under my chair.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #19736
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie.....your new porch sounds great!!! Okay...so which stamp sets are you selling now......anything we need to see first!?

Kelly....your gazebo sounds wonderful!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #19737
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Your gazebo sounds delightful. I had thought about something like that - a tent with mesh sides instead of the umbrella, but decided weatherwise, it was better to have the umbrella which is kept closed and easily opened when needed. I think a tent would have gotten blown away last night.
Yeah, I'm not sure how this will fair either. It will be position in a back corner so maybe that will help protect it. We've not had problems with stability when it was out here in the open off the back of the house. We're anchoring the poles in the ground. Worst case scenario I'll have to replace the canvas top periodically.

I'm hoping to do some outdoor fabric shopping while I'm in Peoria. Our JoAnns is so lacking in Springfield. I miss my big store in Peoria.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #19738
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
good morning!

Well, it's a bit damp out this morning and rather chilly!!! It's not suppose to be very warm today!!! So, I'll be digging out a sweat shirt to wear for sure!!!

We are suppose to hear from friends sometime today as to what their plan is. Hopefully they will call tonight. Prefer after bowling....it's kind of hard to hear on the phone there. I guess that's why Jack leaves his phone on the table. I've missed a few calls because my phone is in my purse...purse is in the bowing bag....under my chair.
we're not to be too warm today either. I see sun but I also see the leaves moving on the trees. I'm just going to dig out the kitchen today. Bob called and should roll in around 6:30. He wants spaghetti for supper. Hard for me to tell him over the phone I'm avoiding grains like the plaque. LOL I'll make him spaghetti but I think I'm going to make the ricotta and spinach stuffed parmesan chicken for me. I found the recipe on pin but am going to modify it a bit.

Is that one couple that is out more than they're in bowling this year?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #19739
Stazon Splitcoast

Getting some stuff off the DVR and onto discs. The dishes are done and I've started pitching stuff from the kitchen. Next is to carry the recyclables to the truck so they'll be out of my way. They get taken in tomorrow. I want to cut a bunch of the thinner cardboard into Tim Holtz sized tags this afternoon so the remnants of the boxes can go with everything else tomorrow.

I need to pull chicken breasts from the freezer to thaw and find something for lunch. Just not enough hours of the day!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #19740
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
we're not to be too warm today either. I see sun but I also see the leaves moving on the trees. I'm just going to dig out the kitchen today. Bob called and should roll in around 6:30. He wants spaghetti for supper. Hard for me to tell him over the phone I'm avoiding grains like the plaque. LOL I'll make him spaghetti but I think I'm going to make the ricotta and spinach stuffed parmesan chicken for me. I found the recipe on pin but am going to modify it a bit.

Yep..those are our team mates!!! They were actually gone when Jack went into the hospital. So, I had to contact the league secretary to tell her that we wouldn't be bowling that Monday. That was Jack's first procedure. She was very helpful to me. She actually took me to the hospital so that I could bring Jack's car back. I knew that he wouldn't be able to drive when he got out. I was right on that one!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #19741
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Need to do lunch for us now....plus, move that batch from washer to dryer.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #19742
Mini Quack

Krista was going to Peoria and invited me, sad we did not make it as planned, her van was just not right~ thank goodness she stopped, the driver side front wheel had 2 lugnuts broken and the other three finger turning loose... we were so lucky "blessed:" would be my choice of a word

so a phone call for Vikki to come after us, a quick trip to Walmart, dropped K off to wait for her van and I am home...not a thing accomplished today... but I hear Dustin wants to come here while Cody has a track meat...

off to call Direct, bedroom tv is not lined in again

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #19743
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
good morning!

Hope your friends make it there okay after your bowling. Has Jack been able to get back in the line up yet?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #19744
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie.....your new porch sounds great!!! Okay...so which stamp sets are you selling now......anything we need to see first!?

Kelly....your gazebo sounds wonderful!
I'll have to make up a list if you're interested. I just pulled them out last night and didn't really pay attention.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #19745
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

It only got to about 60* today and will be cold overnight. You're dinner sounds yummy. I had some Healthy Choice Chicken Noodle soup. The house was chilly when I got home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #19746
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Krista was going to Peoria and invited me, sad we did not make it as planned, her van was just not right~ thank goodness she stopped, the driver side front wheel had 2 lugnuts broken and the other three finger turning loose... we were so lucky "blessed:" would be my choice of a word

so a phone call for Vikki to come after us, a quick trip to Walmart, dropped K off to wait for her van and I am home...not a thing accomplished today... but I hear Dustin wants to come here while Cody has a track meat...

off to call Direct, bedroom tv is not lined in again
Hope that Krista was able to get her van fixed. Sorry you didn't make it to Peoria.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #19747
First To Quack

morning ladies!!!

Maggie, I want to see what you're selling too! If you ever sell any of your non SU! please let me know! I would love to get some Magnolias or other cute images. How exciting too for you patio I know you can't wait, you'll get to spend more time outside with that covering.

Suzy, have you ever heard of lawn bowling? There is a club here in Mt Dora. I thought it was like boccie ball but nope, it's actual bowling..outside with a 3 pound ball! I was invited to come play with them, I may go check it out.

Soni, bummer that your trip was cut short but thank heavens for angel sent to help us along the way!

Kelly, good luck on your fabric hunt! I have used so much of my stash this last year I need to go on a fabric hunt too!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #19748
First To Quack

Shell, good luck this week end with your classes. I hope you can get around alright.

MIA Quackers~ if you're reading not posting...hello!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #19749
First To Quack

So we had a great time last night...I wasn't sure how it would go because I only met Bud's friend's wife twice & his cuz only once...and the rest of the family never! But wow, we had a ball. They are all so friendly & outgoing no one could stay a stranger. I am sure we will see more of the cousin's family at school plays. It feels soooo good to get involved & KNOW people!!! Other than missing my girls & grandkids I feel that moving here was the exact right thing for us.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #19750
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers

Dody, I started making up the list this morning. I'll be sure to send it to you also. I will also let you know about any of the non SU ones. I haven't really gone through those yet, just the boxed stamp sets.

Lawn bowling sounds interesting. Let us know how that works out.

Boss has mediation today and I'm hoping to finally finish up transcribing this DVD. I think I have about 12 minutes left on it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #19751
First To Quack

just watched a wild turkey strut thru our back yard, love that!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #19752
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
morning ladies!!!

Maggie, I want to see what you're selling too! If you ever sell any of your non SU! please let me know! I would love to get some Magnolias or other cute images. How exciting too for you patio I know you can't wait, you'll get to spend more time outside with that covering.

Suzy, have you ever heard of lawn bowling? There is a club here in Mt Dora. I thought it was like boccie ball but nope, it's actual bowling..outside with a 3 pound ball! I was invited to come play with them, I may go check it out.

Soni, bummer that your trip was cut short but thank heavens for angel sent to help us along the way!

Kelly, good luck on your fabric hunt! I have used so much of my stash this last year I need to go on a fabric hunt too!

Thanks...Krista said "thank you daddy for making me pull over...I may not have listened back then, but I sure do now "

Matt said if we went another block the wheel would have come off

scary ...
yes she got it fixed... thank goodness

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #19753
Mini Quack

late morning hellos...

moving slow, not sure but I may hang out at home today... there are a few things I could do...

sun shine again today highs near 56 about the same for tomorrow

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #19754
First To Quack

Quote:
Thanks...Krista said "thank you daddy for making me pull over...I may not have listened back then, but I sure do now "

scary ...
wow!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #19755
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Shell, good luck this week end with your classes. I hope you can get around alright.

MIA Quackers~ if you're reading not posting...hello!

Thanks. I'm very excited, but extremely nervous. I'm going somewhere I've never been, and I can't carry anything like normal. I think I'm going to take my lunch with me because I can't see myself going to a fast food restaurant and trying to carry my tray or whatever. We only have an hour for lunch, so a sit-down place would take too long. The whole situation just scares me.

Photography Site

Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #19756
Total Quack

Quote:

scary ...

Oh my. It sounds like you were very blessed and protected.

Photography Site

Old 04-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #19757
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Thanks. I'm very excited, but extremely nervous. I'm going somewhere I've never been, and I can't carry anything like normal. I think I'm going to take my lunch with me because I can't see myself going to a fast food restaurant and trying to carry my tray or whatever. We only have an hour for lunch, so a sit-down place would take too long. The whole situation just scares me.
Are they having it at a hotel? I remember the first time I went to Dallas I stayed overnight at the hotel where they were holding it and they had a restaurant, but they also had vending machines with sandwiches and stuff in them, and I just got something from there and went back to my room to relax. It was great having a place to sit and not think about all the stress of the class.

Don't be nervous. Everyone will be in the same boat and remember then on Saturday, you'll probably have some of the same people in the Intermediate class that were in the Standard class.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #19758
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
late morning hellos...

moving slow, not sure but I may hang out at home today... there are a few things I could do...

sun shine again today highs near 56 about the same for tomorrow
Hope you're enjoying your day at home.

It has only gotten up to 55* here today and supposed to be cold tonight when the skies clear off.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #19759
Quacker Stamper

Got an e-mail from the lady at the bank today wanting to know if I remembered how much we paid for my house when we bought it. Yikes! No! That was back in 1971 - 42 years ago!!!!!!! I told her I'd look to see if I had any of the old papers, but then she said not to bother, they would just guestimate.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #19760
Total Quack

Quote:
Are they having it at a hotel? I remember the first time I went to Dallas I stayed overnight at the hotel where they were holding it and they had a restaurant, but they also had vending machines with sandwiches and stuff in them, and I just got something from there and went back to my room to relax. It was great having a place to sit and not think about all the stress of the class.

Don't be nervous. Everyone will be in the same boat and remember then on Saturday, you'll probably have some of the same people in the Intermediate class that were in the Standard class.

Yeah ... at a Hilton. That would be great, but I want to get home to my kids. Jaydin is SO not happy about me being gone. The hotel is less than an hour away from my house, so it won't take too long to get back home.

No ... everyone won't be in the same boat. I'm on the crutches, and I can't carry anything anywhere. I can't bend my leg or sit in a chair for extended lengths of time. This is a situation that I'm not comfortable with even when I'm at home. Going somewhere I've never been in a situation I'm not sure of is very nerve-wracking. I'm not nervous about the actual class at all. That, honestly, doesn't faze me.

Photography Site