Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #19041
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers!

It was a bit stressful this morning. Corey got kicked out of the house. I really, really wish he had not been so mean and could have stayed inside with his brother. It was a struggle though. I took Casper and put him in a carrier. Then cleaned everything out of the cage including the tray. Then put on gloves and got a towel to wrap around him. Well, when I'd go for him, he latched onto the bars of the cage and wouldn't let go!!!!!!!! LOL! It was kidn of funny too. Finally decided that wasn't going to work, so I dragged the cage through the computer room and through the kitchen over to the dining room door to the back yard where I want him to be. I opened the back door and dragged the cage over to the open door and he wouldn't go out!!!!! I had to kind of coax him forward until he was almost at the opening and then kind of tilt it up so he'd go out. Whew!

His mamma was the first one to approach him and they just sat and glared at each other and then he took off to the back corner of the yard. Missy ran over there and I was afraid she might chase him off, so I went outside and called her a few times until she backed off and came over to me. Corey hid behind the cat/dog house for a little while. A couple of the other cats had to go over that way and see what was going on. He made it into the cat/dog house and that's where he was when I left for work. I put a bowl of food outside the house and filled up the other cats' bowls so they wouldn't have to fight for food.

I decided on today because the weather is supposed to be really nice and get up to 80*. The next couple nights it's supposed to cool down again into the low 40's probably and this weekend we're supposed to get rain. I want him established back in the yard before any more bad weather comes along. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for him that all will go well.

Casper is back in the cage for now. He'll be in there until after he comes home from the vet and getting declawed. He'll have to have a special litter box for a few days after his surgery so I want to be able to keep the other cats away from him and his box.

Sorry for the long story, but that's what's going on around here. Need to catch up on a lot.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #19042
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I think I'm going to run some errands today, if it warms up! brrrrr, we woke up to 37*!!!
Oh, for now we're warmer than you. We're supposed to hit 80* today! Of course tomorrow it goes back down to the 40's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #19043
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Suzy and Shell yes I found the new version of it too there is one more version out there , but I have not located it

I tried first unDER VILLAWARE~ DISNEY ` MICKEY MOUSE WAFFLE MAKER

that directed me to target and JCPennys, but I did not see any at those sights, I then went to Amazon... wow what a wide range in prices for the same thing

from $31.42 up to $67.00 and higher

I have points from mt Discover card so I can get it for almost nothing and hopefully free shipping too

thanks for the help ladies
I'm so glad that you were able to find one that you can get a great deal on. That will bring smiles back to a lot of faces.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #19044
First To Quack

oh Maggie, I can just see you with that cage!! What a chore! I am sure Corey will be fine outside, some cats just can't make the adjustment inside. No reason to upset the balance you have worked so hard to mantain. I hope Casper turns into a loving member of your family.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #19045
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I went to Immediate Care on Thursday. I'm just gonna call for the MRI tomorrow. I've already got the orders.
Hope you can get in soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #19046
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Oh, for now we're warmer than you. We're supposed to hit 80* today! Of course tomorrow it goes back down to the 40's.
this winter has been NUTS! We should warm up back into the 60s soon but there was frost on our roof this morning.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-04-2013, 06:13 AM   #19047
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
oh Maggie, I can just see you with that cage!! What a chore! I am sure Corey will be fine outside, some cats just can't make the adjustment inside. No reason to upset the balance you have worked so hard to mantain. I hope Casper turns into a loving member of your family.
Thanks Dody. Me too since he's getting declawed, I won't have the option of sending him outside. He'll have to be an indoor kitty, so I hope after a few days out with Maggie Mae, they'll get used to each other. I also took the sheet off the sides of the cage, so it's more open and he can feel more like he's in the house.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 06:18 AM   #19048
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
this winter has been NUTS! We should warm up back into the 60s soon but there was frost on our roof this morning.
Brrrrrrr. . . .

Just to show how stir-crazy Corey was getting -- this morning I cleaned out their cage including the litter box and then put it back in along with the food and clean water. A little bit after they ate, I heard one of the kitties in the litter box. Next thing you know, Corey is batting something around the cage. Turns out he took a little piece of "poo" and was batting it around like a toy!!!! Ewwwwww. . . So I cleaned that out and tossed it. Next thing I know, he's at the litter box getting another piece of poo out to play with! That's when I decided he was going outside. It's no wonder the cage is always such a mess.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #19049
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie....sorry to hear about all the excitement at your house! Sounds like Corey certainly had his own agenda going there. Maybe a bit bored...who knows! But, it sounds like he will be fine in the backyard. Some cats are just not made for inside. We discovered that with Sunny. But, they didn't know what outside was until we introduced that into their lives. After that...he wanted outside no matter what was going on. Pie seems to be fine inside...but, just a bit bored at times. Need to get that figured out....but, then he might not be one that likes a little friend. He likes it when we are home! One step at a time here...right now, I've got other changes to deal with!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #19050
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We got back from our family doctor who will take charge of the cumidan levels etc. He mentioned that he wants Jack to cut back on his sodium for the blood pressure. Gave a paper etc to read. Well, Jack says that he is a firm believer that sodium doesn't really effect the blood pressure. Now, I'm trying to figure out when did Jack fit it in his busy schedule to attend medical school!!! I see where this might be a battle.....I've been trying to decrease it with the cooking and what I buy for some time. But, it was good to see in writing the recommended levels etc. Gosh....it's not that much! We do go over it...I know that! I don't like a lot of salt ....so, I've been trying to watch it anyway! I guess that's why my blood pressure is much lower than his! Hmmmmm...who knew??? LOL

He is still doing the goals...so, that is good. Now to work this new stuff in. He does have to take his blood pressure...so, we got a monitor for that. Hey, it gave him a new toy to play with for a little while!!

Need to leave in about 15 min to meet our friends for lunch and then go bowl. It will be just 3 of us bowling today!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #19051
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody....I wouldn't say that you are a wimp! It's just that the cold down there has to be different than the cold you had in GA. I know that it feels colder here to us sometime to us compared to Ohio. It's because of the humidity....it's a damp cold. So, no wonder it took you longer to warm up!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #19052
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Shell...hope you find out why the swelling is still there. Keep us posted on that. Take care of yourself. I know for a fact that swelling is serious stuff!

The doctor asked Jack how long it was that he had the swelling in the leg. He said 2 weeks...it was 3. He asked him if he thought about coming in soon. I said that I had mentioned it right away that he should....but that didn't happen! The doctor just grinned...I'm sure he has heard it all over the years!
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #19053
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

okay...need to gather my stuff....time to head out. I'll keep you posted on scores....I don't think I'll have that wonderful 221 like I did last Wed night. I really think that was my stress releasing!!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #19054
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoca Sue View Post
yep, the "Avoca" is the name of the town I live in. I had to provide about 5 different names and that one just popped into my head.

Think I need to up the numbers though... stuff just not moving fast enough.

Anyone here getting anything new from SU with all the specials they are running?
LOL! I'm a demo and I never even look at the SU site to know what is going on. Guess I should check it out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 09:45 AM   #19055
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Hi all....well, it's almost lunch time here! So, I'll have to figure something out....gosh, for some reason I haven't been grocery shopping. Now...let me see...what do we need....just about everything!

Jack is still keeping up with the goals each day. I think this is such a positive way to start the day! Something that we might want to continue for a while!!!

Friday goal: go shopping for new support hose for him and eat out...our favorite Chinese place. Did all of that! Went to 3 places for the support hose. Found him 2 other pairs...besides the pair that we got from the doctor (which is a bit more firm). Chinese food was first on the list that day....and it tasted so good!!! I notice he takes longer to eat...which is fine with me!

Saturday goal: Go to the rocket meeting and eat out with the rocket friends afterward. He did so well. Walked into the building and went up the elevator. He said something about the stairs and I just looked at him! He said..."just kidding!" I left him in the room while I went back to the car to get things. Came back and he was moving chairs around.....I did tell him stay in the room. I did say take it easy.....he pushed chairs around but at least waited until I got back before he had us move the tables that were up against the wall. But, he moved 8 chairs to where he wanted the table. I noticed he went and sat down. Which was good. He conducted the meeting sitting...which I sure was hard in some ways. He roams around when he conducts the meeting for the club. I'm hoping that his mention that "he can't do it all for the club" sinks in to these people. He said that he was given a sign that he can't do it all. I'm sure glad that he sees that. Maybe in time he can build back up. But, it sure makes it apparent that we need some of these other people to start stepping up. He got a chance to talk to everyone. We had about 15 people there. Then we got things down to the car and we joined the smaller group to eat. I waited for his sign that we agreed on so that I could excuse ourselves. Well, it never came. I finally asked if he was ready. He said that he was...and everyone was fine with it. We came home and we changed into comfy clothes. Watched some programs that I recorded this past week. Gosh, for some reason I hadn't seen much TV!

Sunday goal: He wanted to make waffles, shave for the first time and go get his hair cut. He did make the waffles. Soni sorry to hear about your Mickey Mouse waffle iron. Bummer! We had breakfast....it was good. Then he got cleaned up and shaved. He did decide that he wanted a rest period after all of that. He didn't use his cane during any of that. His left knee is looking better...the swelling has gone down for sure. Still larger than it should be...but, doing better. Hey one step at a time!!! We'll get his goal in after lunch I'm sure. He could go a little longer...but, I know the hair is just starting to bug him...just like not shaving!
That is great to have goals every day to figure out what really needs to be done and where you want to go. Still, all in all, he needs to take it easy and not push getting back into all he was doing before. Surgery is surgery no matter how big or small and it takes the body time to get over that and get back to normal. It would be great if we were all able to sit down and make a To Do list every day about things that need to get done. I just never can seem to find the time to do that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #19056
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It's suppose to be 70* today. Jack is coughing really bad. He said that his nose is draining and his throat is sore. I know that there is something in the air right now. All sorts of stuff is starting to bloom. Besides the high winds bringing a mess of stuff!
I did here this morning on the news about the pollen count for something was way high, but I didn't really pay attention to hear what it was.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #19057
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I finally got to see The Help. Liz bought the movie since it was almost the price of renting it & she knew I wanted to see it as well. I thought it was well done and followed the book pretty well. Today was a good day to stay under a blanket. Yep, I am a wimp...it took 2 quilts to warm me up!!!
That was such a good movie. I need to look for it also on DVD.

LOL! My DGD is a movie buff. She asked to borrow The Corpse Bride from me a few weeks ago when they were over and of course I let her. They are always borrowing my DVD's. This one I hadn't watched yet though as most of mine are (still in the wrapper ) Last night when I was over, she was saying that a few friends were over to watch Dark Knight (Batman). I said, I think I have that one, but can't remember. She said, "still in the wraper." I just laughed. If I have it, it's probably still in the wrapper. One of these days I'll have time to watch all my fun DVD's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #19058
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
I'm so glad that you were able to find one that you can get a great deal on. That will bring smiles back to a lot of faces.
thanks just wondering if it is a selfish need??? or a real joy for my babies... how ever the look on Brookes face when we could not make waffles was quite sad tho she tried to be up beat and say it was ok lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 03-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #19059
Mini Quack

Quote:
We got back from our family doctor who will take charge of the cumidan levels etc. He mentioned that he wants Jack to cut back on his sodium for the blood pressure. Gave a paper etc to read. Well, Jack says that he is a firm believer that sodium doesn't really effect the blood pressure. Now, I'm trying to figure out when did Jack fit it in his busy schedule to attend medical school!!! I see where this might be a battle.....I've been trying to decrease it with the cooking and what I buy for some time. But, it was good to see in writing the recommended levels etc. Gosh....it's not that much! We do go over it...I know that! I don't like a lot of salt ....so, I've been trying to watch it anyway! I guess that's why my blood pressure is much lower than his! Hmmmmm...who knew??? LOL

He is still doing the goals...so, that is good. Now to work this new stuff in. He does have to take his blood pressure...so, we got a monitor for that. Hey, it gave him a new toy to play with for a little while!!

Need to leave in about 15 min to meet our friends for lunch and then go bowl. It will be just 3 of us bowling today!
Wally used no salt and said it was fine Mrs Dash has some great flavors to so just an FYI

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 03-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #19060
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I have that issue, but I'm not a big one for salt. I don't salt my food after I cook it like some people have to. I use salt sparingly when I do use it in recipes, and I also use a Sea Salt type. I've read that if you use a "natural" salt and not one that's been bleached had has iodine added to it, it's much better for you and can be used even on low sodium diets (as long as you don't overdo). It has lots of good minerals in it.

When I went to the dentist the other day they took my blood pressure before the x-rays and it was 116/70 - pretty darn good. Usually when I go to the doctor, it's up a little bit, so I was surprised that being at the dentist (which I hate to go to), it was down a bit.

Have fun at lunch and bowling. Jack can keep score.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #19061
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Wally used no salt and said it was fine Mrs Dash has some great flavors to so just an FYI
That's so true. There are some really good salt substitutes out that that add lots of flavor to your food.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #19062
Quacker Stamper

Not sure if I told you guys, but I won 3 challenges in the past couple of weeks! So excited to get new stuff. And my DD told me last night that she has sold a bunch more of my stamp sets (and a few of hers), so she's going to empty the PayPal account soon and then go again after she gets their floors done in a few weeks. Probably after the 1st of April. `I really need to keep track of that $$ because it's supposed to be for the Grands and I don't want it in my account. Maybe I'll have to go to the bank and open up another savings account for them. It's not a lot to start with, but it'll add up eventually and I may add to it myself from time to time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #19063
Quacker Stamper

Did I also mention that I'm thinking of putting up a small patio in my back yard to give my kitties more shelter out there? One of the items up for auction was that one of the men would do a free layout of a add on to a house. I don't need that much, but could use a diagram to make a patio.

Also, the guy who did my shelves had an item in the auction for work to be done. I should have bid on both of those, but didn't think about that until afterward. I need to talk to the carpenter.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #19064
First To Quack

Quote:
okay...need to gather my stuff....time to head out. I'll keep you posted on scores....I don't think I'll have that wonderful 221 like I did last Wed night. I really think that was my stress releasing!!!!
I seem to have missed the part where you bowled a 221! wow, you go girl! how did ya do today?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #19065
First To Quack

Quote:
LOL! I'm a demo and I never even look at the SU site to know what is going on. Guess I should check it out.
You're still a demo? Good to know! I have not looked at any stamp stuff in forever tho. Right now I am leaning toward those stamps that don't need coloring (lack of time, maybe)

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #19066
First To Quack

Quote:
I have that issue, but I'm not a big one for salt. I don't salt my food after I cook it like some people have to. I use salt sparingly when I do use it in recipes, and I also use a Sea Salt type. I've read that if you use a "natural" salt and not one that's been bleached had has iodine added to it, it's much better for you and can be used even on low sodium diets (as long as you don't overdo). It has lots of good minerals in it.

When I went to the dentist the other day they took my blood pressure before the x-rays and it was 116/70 - pretty darn good. Usually when I go to the doctor, it's up a little bit, so I was surprised that being at the dentist (which I hate to go to), it was down a bit.

Have fun at lunch and bowling. Jack can keep score.
I'm afraid salt is one of my weaknesses. As a teen ager I even salted potato chips!!! At least I don't do that any more but I do like salt on my fresh tomatoes. Most food is salty enough as is until it's fresh (RAW)

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #19067
First To Quack

Quote:
Not sure if I told you guys, but I won 3 challenges in the past couple of weeks! So excited to get new stuff. And my DD told me last night that she has sold a bunch more of my stamp sets (and a few of hers), so she's going to empty the PayPal account soon and then go again after she gets their floors done in a few weeks. Probably after the 1st of April. `I really need to keep track of that $$ because it's supposed to be for the Grands and I don't want it in my account. Maybe I'll have to go to the bank and open up another savings account for them. It's not a lot to start with, but it'll add up eventually and I may add to it myself from time to time.
That's awesome!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #19068
First To Quack

Quote:
Did I also mention that I'm thinking of putting up a small patio in my back yard to give my kitties more shelter out there? One of the items up for auction was that one of the men would do a free layout of a add on to a house. I don't need that much, but could use a diagram to make a patio.

Also, the guy who did my shelves had an item in the auction for work to be done. I should have bid on both of those, but didn't think about that until afterward. I need to talk to the carpenter.
what kind of patio are you thinking about? I bet you would use it as well as the kitties. Are you putting a cover over it? Screening it in?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #19069
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell...hope you find out why the swelling is still there. Keep us posted on that. Take care of yourself. I know for a fact that swelling is serious stuff!

The doctor asked Jack how long it was that he had the swelling in the leg. He said 2 weeks...it was 3. He asked him if he thought about coming in soon. I said that I had mentioned it right away that he should....but that didn't happen! The doctor just grinned...I'm sure he has heard it all over the years!

Thanks. Yes, I'm trying ... desperately. The primary doctor called by while I was at piano with the kids. When I called them back, I noted the call hours - until 4 PM. It was 3:55. I got through .... to the answering service. They had already switched over. Grrrr. I was NOT happy with that. I asked for the immediate care to fax the order over to the MRI place. I called around 7 tonight, and that had still not been done. I will start calls early tomorrow again.

I sure don't plan to wait 3 weeks!!! I'm so glad that he finally went.

Photography Site

Old 03-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #19070
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
You're still a demo? Good to know! I have not looked at any stamp stuff in forever tho. Right now I am leaning toward those stamps that don't need coloring (lack of time, maybe)
Yes, I did sign up again. Not sure for how long. I was already in pending at the end of December, but made that up with an order. Not sure what my status is right now.

LOL! I'm just the opposite. I want stamps I can color.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #19071
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
what kind of patio are you thinking about? I bet you would use it as well as the kitties. Are you putting a cover over it? Screening it in?
Just a basic slab with a cover. Not sure about it all yet until I have the contractor come over on Friday to discuss it. Yes it will have a cover. That's the point to have a shelter for the kitties. No screening. Maybe with the patio and cover I'll finally get that grill to put out there this Summer.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #19072
Mini Quack

Maggie, sorry you had to let the more independent little guy go live outside ...but I bet he will be fine woo hoo on your wins again : )

Suzy, hope Jack is continuing to get better...how did you bowl?

Dody, hi there yes salt on sliced tomatoes is a good thing

Ok, not a very productive day...but there is always tomorrow

Faith went to the doctor, she was swabbed for flu and RSV ( my fear) but both are negative...than God
She slept for Tammy this afternoon,( not at all last night ) she tried to eat once today, and is drinking more ... they say it is viral...but keep an eye on her...

we are expecting more winter mix tonight... and snow tomorrow... yep I am planning on staying home

phone calls to make, and things to do

hope you all have a great night and sleep well

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #19073
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers! Our temps are supposed to be going down today and be colder over night tonight.

The man from Lowe's came over last night and gave me the estimate for the windows. It was a bit higher than Window World, but I'm still conflicted about who to go with. I was looking online last night at some reviews and comparisons between the 2. I have some questions for the WW guy so may call him and ask before I decide. I still need to get the patio quote this Friday night and then if I go with Lowe's I need to get the bank refinance done because they want all the $$ up front, whereas WW only asks for 1/2 down and 1/2 when they finish.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-05-2013, 03:52 AM   #19074
First To Quack

morning, I have a headache hangover today. It was one of those 2 days ones that kept me up all night. Needless to say nothing got done yesterday errand-wise...maybe today.

How is the weather by everyone? AOL says some nasty stuff is out there.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #19075
Mini Quack

morning

yes we have that wonderful winter mix going on here
rain, ice, snow... more white now than when I went to bed, and more coming down

so glad I am staying home

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #19076
Total Quack

I have an appointment for an orthopedist today. I feel much better with that knowledge.

Photography Site

Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 AM   #19077
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, sorry you had to let the more independent little guy go live outside ..

Ok, not a very productive day...but there is always tomorrow

Faith went to the doctor, she was swabbed for flu and RSV ( my fear) but both are negative...than God
She slept for Tammy this afternoon,( not at all last night ) she tried to eat once today, and is drinking more ... they say it is viral...but keep an eye on her...

we are expecting more winter mix tonight... and snow tomorrow... yep I am planning on staying home

phone calls to make, and things to do

hope you all have a great night and sleep well
I felt so bad for Corey this morning. When I got up, he was up in the Pecan tree, not too far up thankfully. I let him stay up there until after all the other kitties had eaten their breakfast and were settling down for the day. I went and put food and water inside the cat/dog house and before I left for work, I went out with the stepladder and coaxed (pushed) him down out of the tree and he scampered back to his house and was there when I left for work. Hopefully the rest of them will leave him alone while he gets accustomed to being out there.

Sorry that Faith is not feeling well. I hope she'll recover quickly and be her happy self again.

Sounds like a day to be staying inside.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #19078
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
morning, I have a headache hangover today. It was one of those 2 days ones that kept me up all night. Needless to say nothing got done yesterday errand-wise...maybe today.

How is the weather by everyone? AOL says some nasty stuff is out there.
Sorry about the headache

Not sure if I ever told you that one of my great nephews has very severe migraines so much so that he hasn't been able to go to school. His mom is a nurse at Texas Children's Hospital and he has had every test and evaluation that is out there. He's a Junior in HS and was very active in band and swimming which he hasn't been able to compete in for some time now. The latest thing is that they believe now that his spine/neck is out of alignment and is seeing a specialized chiropractor to get him realigned. I saw on FB that he was doing a little better after his first visit. We are all praying that this will work for him. It's terrible to go through life with a constant HA.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #19079
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I have an appointment for an orthopedist today. I feel much better with that knowledge.
Yes, good luck with that. Get some answers and some help and relief from the pain.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #19080
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning.....

I need to get to the grocery store.....I am out of everything!!! Made for interesting breakfast for sure!!!!

We won 3 out of 4...it was position round. The team that we bowled against is always fun....so, that was cool. Jack played cheerleader for us.....which he did for us and the older couple next to us. I bowled a 140,137 and a 117. I just ran out of steam by the last game. I didn't sleep well the night before.

okay....we are planning on going to the high school today and find out what the scoop is for them. At this point, the winds are up and it doesn't look like we'll fly.