Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree8010Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:13 PM   #18801
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yuck! That does not sound like fun. Hope you were able to rest today.
I took a quiet day did correspondence and transposed some notes and just did nothing all day
except be cold the winds are nasty

I never went out side at all brrrr

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #18802
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Looks like everyone has been busy having a life.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #18803
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Hey Quackers! Sorry I didn't get on early this morning, but I got up a little late. Then it's been really busy here at the office getting things done. Got a break now - boss left early. And tomorrow is a mediation.

I have an appt. with my Bishop tonight to discuss my calling. We'll see how that goes. Then I have a Visiting Teaching appt. with one of my ladies. Another busy night.
Hope the meeting went well with the Bishop. You'll have to let us know if your calling has been changed.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #18804
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I did get the grocery shopping done yesterday. We went to see our rocket teams. I had my own personal rant about that!!! No need to go into it here....same song....different verse! Counting the days until the deadlines are here!!! Trying to stay positive!

On another note....the team that wants help building. Well, they are trying to figure out when to fly. It doesn't fit our schedule or the other guy's. Geeze...teens are hard to deal with!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #18805
Mini Quack

ah life...lol

no I have had some nasal issues and a sore throat I woke up yesterday to a runny nose and worse sore throat so I am taking some medicine and resting

Tonight is 8 th grad night for Brooke so Krista and I are going in
We of course will watch Faith as Tammy and Gary get to walk out on the floor with Brooke...

My baby girls are growing up

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-20-2013, 08:45 AM   #18806
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Hope the meeting went well with the Bishop. You'll have to let us know if your calling has been changed.
Not yet, but it will be in a few months. He is getting all his "ducks in a row" so to speak. There are other people involved that he needs, but it really takes a lot to rearrange all the callings. He thinks it won't be until at least July, so for now, I'm still RS Secretary.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #18807
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I did get the grocery shopping done yesterday. We went to see our rocket teams. I had my own personal rant about that!!! No need to go into it here....same song....different verse! Counting the days until the deadlines are here!!! Trying to stay positive!

On another note....the team that wants help building. Well, they are trying to figure out when to fly. It doesn't fit our schedule or the other guy's. Geeze...teens are hard to deal with!
Oh my! Sorry that the kids are just not getting it and doing the work that they need to be doing. You do have the patience of Job. I would have thrown up my hands and would have been out of there long time ago.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #18808
First To Quack

Maggie, Yeah, things have been quiet here. Some is havingf a 'lofe' and some is that getting on SCS is a challenge in itself. Some days she plays nicely & other days I just get a blank screen with the header.

Soni, sorry to hear you are feely poorly again. But whooohooo for Brooke! Yep, our babies are growing up.

Suzy, your use of words just crack me up. I enjoy your sense of humour!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #18809
First To Quack

Have any of y'all ordered from Joann.com? I placed my order on Monday & it is still being processed. That seems a bit long to me. When I order from Fabric.com it comes super fast.... of course that's when it was just on the other side of Atlanta...no telling how long it will take to get to Fl.

My mind is still confused about what to do for the bedroom curtain so I'm taking a break there. I'll work on the family room drapes when that finally gets here. I might even start machine quilting my I Spy quilt soon. I refuse to start another quilt until my UFOs are finished.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #18810
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Oh my! Sorry that the kids are just not getting it and doing the work that they need to be doing. You do have the patience of Job. I would have thrown up my hands and would have been out of there long time ago.
Thanks, Maggie!!! There have been moments when I want to just throw up my hands and scream! But, I've learned...this group won't notice!!! I guess I'll know that I didn't quit....that I followed through with what I committed to do...even if they have no clue about that sort of thing!! Commitment....hmmmm...what's that?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #18811
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Maggie, Yeah, things have been quiet here. Some is havingf a 'lofe' and some is that getting on SCS is a challenge in itself. Some days she plays nicely & other days I just get a blank screen with the header.

Soni, sorry to hear you are feely poorly again. But whooohooo for Brooke! Yep, our babies are growing up.

Thanks!!! I try! Some days are more trying than others!!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #18812
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Have any of y'all ordered from Joann.com? I placed my order on Monday & it is still being processed. That seems a bit long to me. When I order from Fabric.com it comes super fast.... of course that's when it was just on the other side of Atlanta...no telling how long it will take to get to Fl.

My mind is still confused about what to do for the bedroom curtain so I'm taking a break there. I'll work on the family room drapes when that finally gets here. I might even start machine quilting my I Spy quilt soon. I refuse to start another quilt until my UFOs are finished.
No...I've never ordered from Joann.com. Now, they did order something at the store one time for us. We needed interfacing....for a non sewing project. It took about 2 weeks...but, we got it for a good deal....one of those coupon 50% off deals. Bought the whole bolt.

Well, looking at your smaller windows in the bedroom....the picture you put up. What about making a valence for each window....using the scraps from you quilt. You can use the same triangle...or make it a bit smaller.

Or if you want something longer....do a gathered at the top for rod.....use a white muslin material...and then do a panel of your various colors....white muslin...panel of colors that go with the quilt. Another long one....do the curtains long (like I mentioned)...but, just in a blue or green. Make the tie backs with the all the colors you use before. Pull the left window curtain to the left....and then the right window pull to the right. Giving the window and bed the focal point. I hope I made that clear.....
Old 02-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #18813
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody.....
This was off pinterest....but it was a shower curtain. You could use that idea for your bedrm. DIY- gettin' crafty / Two shower curtains. Changes the whole feel of a bathroom. Love it.

Or Roman shades for each window....blues and greens...since you have plenty of orange
Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #18814
Mini Quack

Quote:

I try to take care of my self buy 59 degrees one day and then 6 degrees and ice and winds... no wonder lol

the meds are helping, I slept long and hard lat night

taking it easy today ~ just got dressed lol oh my

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #18815
First To Quack

Quote:
No...I've never ordered from Joann.com. Now, they did order something at the store one time for us. We needed interfacing....for a non sewing project. It took about 2 weeks...but, we got it for a good deal....one of those coupon 50% off deals. Bought the whole bolt.

Well, looking at your smaller windows in the bedroom....the picture you put up. What about making a valence for each window....using the scraps from you quilt. You can use the same triangle...or make it a bit smaller.

Or if you want something longer....do a gathered at the top for rod.....use a white muslin material...and then do a panel of your various colors....white muslin...panel of colors that go with the quilt. Another long one....do the curtains long (like I mentioned)...but, just in a blue or green. Make the tie backs with the all the colors you use before. Pull the left window curtain to the left....and then the right window pull to the right. Giving the window and bed the focal point. I hope I made that clear.....
hmmm, I'll have to think about that! I was thinking just toppers but then I thought I would like the softness of fabric along the blinds edges...in other words...still no idea!!!! The room is sooo bright I kinda think something quiet & mellow would be a good idea, maybe a brown batik with green leaves...

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #18816
First To Quack

love that shower curtain look! I pinned it for future use.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #18817
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks, Maggie!!! There have been moments when I want to just throw up my hands and scream! But, I've learned...this group won't notice!!! I guess I'll know that I didn't quit....that I followed through with what I committed to do...even if they have no clue about that sort of thing!! Commitment....hmmmm...what's that?
That is so important for your own self-esteem -- that you made a commitment and are sticking to it even if others are making that difficult. I really respect you and Jack for the way you are handling these kids.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #18818
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I've ordered from Joann's, but not fabric. I think that is where I got my Ott light. I don't remember how quickly it came. All those ideas sound really pretty Suzy.

I must say that the Shelf-Reliance people are very quick. I ordered at the party I went to on Saturday. Got a notice on Monday that they had the order and got an e-mail yesterday that it had shipped! Wow!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #18819
Mini Quack

hello tonight was nice

I am home for a long night on the computer...

I had trouble signing into hotmail found out my account was hit so now running clean ups and hope to do restore
Randy is in hospital here i Peoria for flu so he is trying to walk me thru it all

I love computers right ?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #18820
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
hello tonight was nice

I am home for a long night on the computer...

I had trouble signing into hotmail found out my account was hit so now running clean ups and hope to do restore
Randy is in hospital here i Peoria for flu so he is trying to walk me thru it all

I love computers right ?

I've read recently that Microsoft is replacing all the Hotmail accounts with Outlook.com accounts soon. Might want to be on the lookout for that.

Photography Site

Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #18821
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I've read recently that Microsoft is replacing all the Hotmail accounts with Outlook.com accounts soon. Might want to be on the lookout for that.
ok Shell here it is

I was checking emails in hotmail left and when I tried to go back it will not let me in
so checked with a site for sign in help~! they said account compromized wanted $189.00 to fix so no ok Randy is in hosp in Peoris possible heart attack... but he had me run cc cleaner and spybot then do restore still will not let me in hotmail thru firefox browser but if I IE it opens as Outlook
so will I always need to go thru IE or what am I missing???? Help please

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #18822
Mini Quack

I cannot get into my blog since the hotmail account is the one on it no where lets me sign in in hotmail??? and now I cannot get in thru IE and outlook AARRGGHH!!! scream

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 02-20-2013 at 08:49 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 04:45 AM   #18823
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers!

Soni, sorry that you're having all those computer/e-mail issues. I wish I knew more about it. Sorry to hear about Randy's being in the hospital. I hope that he can help you with this.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #18824
Mini Quack

morning

I was up until 2 trying to figure it all out

it is as simple as hotmail gave way to outlook but my account was not notified seems there is no hotmail now

so ontop of not having access to my contact list I cannot sign into my blog I can see it, but cannot post or efit

I had added my gmail account but it will not let me transfer it to be primary

now I get to restore back to current so all updates are in effect

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #18825
Total Quack

Quote:
ok Shell here it is

I was checking emails in hotmail left and when I tried to go back it will not let me in
so checked with a site for sign in help~! they said account compromized wanted $189.00 to fix so no ok Randy is in hosp in Peoris possible heart attack... but he had me run cc cleaner and spybot then do restore still will not let me in hotmail thru firefox browser but if I IE it opens as Outlook
so will I always need to go thru IE or what am I missing???? Help please

I'm sorry, Sonja. It sounds like a huge mess. I didn't think they were suppose to change all of that until summer, but I don't have a hotmail account, so I've not looked into it much. I just saw something on FoxNews.com about the change.

I hope you figure out how to get everything fixed and accessed!!!

Photography Site

Old 02-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #18826
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Soni...sorry to hear about all your email problems. I'll have to mention that to Jack. We don't have hotmail accts...but, several of our club members do.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #18827
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We had some good storms come through this morning....some sleet and small hail. It hit about 7:45am. So, it's a bit cool out right now....about 41* or so.

Not much happening on this end. Need to get some more laundry done. I've put off some of my stuff....need to get to that.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #18828
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I worked on some Christmas cards yesterday for the CCC2013. I didn't want to be already behind...and it being 2 months into it!! So, they mentioned as an extra challenge...also give some ideas for your card. Feb was a winter sport....so, I found one that would be perfect. Plus, there wasn't much coloring either. So, it went faster than I thought. I just need to put a mat on the image and do something else and put it on the card base. Pretty basic...but, it will work!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #18829
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We won 3 out of 4 games last night. My left side is very sore...I think I pulled a muscle. It runs down the side of my leg...around the side of my hip. Don't want to sit too long...need to work it out.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #18830
Mini Quack

wow you would not believe this mess but I am working thru it slowly

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM   #18831
Mini Quack

Shell thanks for helping
I am not sure what I will do yet

if I can get it to stay signed in 4 now I will be ok

more than can do today

but thanks I truly appreciate it

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #18832
Mini Quack

ok enough of computers

I need to get a baby receiving blanket made and a small taggie for a shower gift Sunday
Weather permitting Tammy will bring Faith to me tomorrow so she can go with Brooke tomorrow night so I really need to get those done and a card

It is for my great niece...yep I get to be a great great niece again
Kel it is for Kim'd Allison yes that sweet LITTLE baby girl now she is going to be a mommy : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #18833
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell thanks for helping
I am not sure what I will do yet

if I can get it to stay signed in 4 now I will be ok

more than can do today

but thanks I truly appreciate it

You're welcome. I'm sorry we couldn't get it figured out.

Photography Site

Old 02-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #18834
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We had some good storms come through this morning....some sleet and small hail. It hit about 7:45am. So, it's a bit cool out right now....about 41* or so.

Not much happening on this end. Need to get some more laundry done. I've put off some of my stuff....need to get to that.
We got some rain down here this morning, but not nearly like they had predicted. No storms and it was done by noon. I didn't have a problem when I went out to weigh. Not good this week - up again.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #18835
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I worked on some Christmas cards yesterday for the CCC2013. I didn't want to be already behind...and it being 2 months into it!! So, they mentioned as an extra challenge...also give some ideas for your card. Feb was a winter sport....so, I found one that would be perfect. Plus, there wasn't much coloring either. So, it went faster than I thought. I just need to put a mat on the image and do something else and put it on the card base. Pretty basic...but, it will work!
I am already behind! I really need to get a schedule to work on my cards.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #18836
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We won 3 out of 4 games last night. My left side is very sore...I think I pulled a muscle. It runs down the side of my leg...around the side of my hip. Don't want to sit too long...need to work it out.
Yeah for you guys. Sounds like a sciatica nerve problem. Hope that gets worked out soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #18837
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
ok enough of computers

I need to get a baby receiving blanket made and a small taggie for a shower gift Sunday
Weather permitting Tammy will bring Faith to me tomorrow so she can go with Brooke tomorrow night so I really need to get those done and a card

It is for my great niece...yep I get to be a great great niece again
Kel it is for Kim'd Allison yes that sweet LITTLE baby girl now she is going to be a mommy : )
Congrats to your great niece.

Hope you can get the computer and e-mail figured out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #18838
Quacker Stamper

The electrician came and fixed the lights in the room that was still dark. Also was able to fix my doorbell which was sounding like it was growling. He just banged on it with his pliers. I had him look at my security light on one side of the back door. It may just need bulbs. It does have electricity going to it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #18839
Mini Quack

okie dokie one taggie blanket cut pinned and made, one receiving blanket made woo hoo

decided on soft boiled eggs for supper ~ still not doing great with food

off to do dishes and I hope to just relax tonight ~ my brain is tired lol
I wonder if I can read...I have a new study book but maybe something lighter would be better

so what did u all do today

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #18840
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
You're welcome. I'm sorry we couldn't get it figured out.
at the moment I am in I just used firefox so I can stay signed in to gmail in chrome just a temporary fix until I can get contacts out and see if I can set up another blogactually I would love to keep this one for family related and open a new craft one ... but I doubt I can handle figuring all that out right
Krista is working so my helper is busy

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery