Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7727Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #18721
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Maggie, that was very kind of you to take care of Harper. A night out is so very needed but it's hard on the babysitter when the child doesn't know them as well as mama. When my grands were tiny I had some trouble with that too...just not the mama!
It was fine. I really love this little boy so I really didn't mind. I was just sad that he was so tired and cranky. My GF says that he does come home tired from day care. He couldn't help how he felt. The last time I sat with him, he was so good and we had a great time so I'm not thrwarted by how he did last night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #18722
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
So we did sign on for the pool. Goodness, we spend about 10 hours with the designer getting it just right! It will be 11x28 swim area & then a bump out of 5x7 for the sun shelf (shallow area we can put chairs in or kiddos can play in) with a bubbler. The half moon table/4 stools will be on the side by the house; the 36" waterfal feature will be across from the table. A swim out ledge is across the back (deep-6') end and a smaller L shaped ledge in the corner by the sun shelf with steps that run the width of that side. Mostly the pool will be used for relaxing & socializing but the side without the table can be used for laps. Also it will be deep enough for my water workouts.
Yea! Sounds fabulous. That's good that you're leaving space to do laps and workouts.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #18723
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
you should see all the places I have good things stashed lol

Tammy supplies with M & M's as well as her sweet friend Myra ( the lady that brought me buddy ) and if I spurge , I hide ... now keep in mind I buy more for my grand babies than I do me
but some times we just need to know " it is there lol "
exactly!!! I just need a handful every now & then...Bud could eat the shopping cart full. Last week he ate a whole jar of peanut butter because we had no sweets & he needed something. Soooo, a big spoonful at a time...it was gone in days! He does well controling his urges most times or he would be huge.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 08:20 AM   #18724
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yea! Sounds fabulous. That's good that you're leaving space to do laps and workouts.
I really need the water for that. My knee is bothering me from walking..*sigh* catch 22~ I hurt when I work out yet I need to lose the weight to stop that hurt.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #18725
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
exactly!!! I just need a handful every now & then...Bud could eat the shopping cart full. Last week he ate a whole jar of peanut butter because we had no sweets & he needed something. Soooo, a big spoonful at a time...it was gone in days! He does well controling his urges most times or he would be huge.
O M G! That's a lot of peanut butter! I love the brand I buy at HEB or Whole Foods called Better 'N Peanut Butter - only 2 gr. fat and very creamy and I can use it right out of the fridge. It doesn't get all hard and unspreadable.

I've also heard if you buy the kind of PB that has the oil on the top, that you don't have to stir that in, you can just pour it off and use it that way and it's less fat.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #18726
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I really need the water for that. My knee is bothering me from walking..*sigh* catch 22~ I hurt when I work out yet I need to lose the weight to stop that hurt.
It is a catch 22. I know how you feel. I need to lose weight and have to exercise to really do it well, but can't exercise right now because of bad hips. I must say though that when I got on the scale this morning I was down another 1.6 pounds from yesterday!!!! Don't know if that will hold through the week, but I'm hoping at least most of it will.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 08:25 AM   #18727
Quacker Stamper

We're using a new place for mediation lunch today. I sure hope they turn out to be a good place to order from. It's just a deli so they don't have some of the yummy things that the other place has, but this will be a good place for a change now and again. I don't think we'll order from them all the time because my boss likes his salmon salad and ahi Tuna. I ordered a wrap today. The marketing lady brought us some free samples the other day. I ate the cubed turkey salad and yesterday had the grilled chicken caesar salad, both of which were very yummy.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #18728
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Soni...hope it all continues with the meds working...so sad that your doctor isn't getting the messages from you.

Maggie....sounds like you did well in the babysitting dept. Change is good for the lunch thing....hope it's as yummy as it sounded.

Dody...wow, that pool sounds dreamy!!! I'm sure y'all will have a great time with it when it's done. By the time the crew gets done with it...they will feel like family!!! LOL
Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #18729
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Jack got in late last night. He was really tired after a full day in College Station..and then the long drive home. At least there wasn't any bad weather for him.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #18730
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

It looks like winter again here today...yesterday was blue sky...got to the 70's. It started chilly...38*....I know that for a fact...had to take the trash out and it was still dark!!! Yep, it was O-Dark thirty when I walked down the driveway with the cart!
Old 02-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #18731
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I'll pop in later....need to get some errands done today.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #18732
Quacker Stamper

Hi Suzy. It's chilly here this morning too, but supposed to be a nice day and then the cold front comes through tonight, so maybe not such a good weekend.

BTW, Casper and Corey are coming to my house next Saturday morning. My GF is going to bring a crate with her for me to borrow. I'll keep them in there until I can determine if they will get along with Maggie Mae and Paisley. If they're compatible, then I'll probably keep them or maybe just one. I still haven't figured that out yet. There is a Cat Rescue No Kill shelter here, but I have to call and make an appointment if I want to have them take one or both of them, but I'd sure like to have a playmate for Maggie Mae. She really needs that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #18733
Quacker Stamper

I also called an electrician yesterday (friend of the couple I babysat for last night). He's going to come at 4 on Saturday to check out the house and give me an estimate for rewiring the house. Yikes! But the house was built in 1958, and I know that my ex did some electrical work on it when we had the house remodeled adding on the garage and putting in another fuse box. I was told by another electrician friend of mine years ago that it was not done up to code. We'll see what that turns out to cost me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #18734
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Hi Suzy. It's chilly here this morning too, but supposed to be a nice day and then the cold front comes through tonight, so maybe not such a good weekend.

BTW, Casper and Corey are coming to my house next Saturday morning. My GF is going to bring a crate with her for me to borrow. I'll keep them in there until I can determine if they will get along with Maggie Mae and Paisley. If they're compatible, then I'll probably keep them or maybe just one. I still haven't figured that out yet. There is a Cat Rescue No Kill shelter here, but I have to call and make an appointment if I want to have them take one or both of them, but I'd sure like to have a playmate for Maggie Mae. She really needs that.
I sure hope that they get along well with Maggie Mae and Paisley. Hopefully, you'll be able to keep them both...since they are use to each other. When the other two don't want to have anything to do with each other....they'll have each other to play with. Then Maggie Mae and Paisley will see what they are missing and want to play too! That's why we started getting 2 at a time!!! We got Topsey and Turvey when we had Bright Eyes. Figured if she didn't want them around at the time...they had each other. Then when we lost her....we got Silver. They still had each other when Silver wasn't included. Then we lost Silver....and then Turvey the same year. Topsey was lonely for someone....but, cranky about everything. Oh wait...that hasn't changed! LOL That's why we got Sunny and Pie. They had each other when Topsey was in a snit....which is 97% of the time!!! So...when we adopt again...it will probably be another pair. But, at this rate...we aren't rushing!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #18735
First To Quack

Quote:
It is a catch 22. I know how you feel. I need to lose weight and have to exercise to really do it well, but can't exercise right now because of bad hips. I must say though that when I got on the scale this morning I was down another 1.6 pounds from yesterday!!!! Don't know if that will hold through the week, but I'm hoping at least most of it will.
oh well done!!!! Keep it up!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #18736
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Soni...hope it all continues with the meds working...so sad that your doctor isn't getting the messages from you.

Maggie....sounds like you did well in the babysitting dept. Change is good for the lunch thing....hope it's as yummy as it sounded.

Dody...wow, that pool sounds dreamy!!! I'm sure y'all will have a great time with it when it's done. By the time the crew gets done with it...they will feel like family!!! LOL
thanks, I hope so too. Right now our yard has a good bit of a slope to it. Unuseable for chairs & the like. The retaining wall will give us a usable area...no 'yard' back there...just water & pavers. I am thinking about putting in a small veggie garden. We have a 5' set back from the property line & the wall. Wouldn't that be a great area for tomatoes & such? Since it will be 3' high, that mean way less bending.Score on that!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #18737
First To Quack

Quote:

oh good!!!! I remember when MaggieMae came for a visit. I hope this one works out just as well!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 09:14 AM   #18738
First To Quack

Maggie, good luck with the rewiring. It is always something, isn't it? If your house is that old I guess it would need an update.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #18739
First To Quack

Does anyone remember an old United ad that had pretty (sexy) flight attentants that said "Hi, I'm Debbie. Come fly me!" ? I just found out the lady who sold us our house was that Debbie!!!! So funny!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #18740
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
oh how I understand catch 22 's lol

Dody my kness hurt too and I do not need to loose weight... lol
gee either I have not taken care of my body or I am growing OLDER

ha ha but that is ok... at least I growing and going forward

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #18741
Mini Quack

Quote:
O M G! That's a lot of peanut butter! I love the brand I buy at HEB or Whole Foods called Better 'N Peanut Butter - only 2 gr. fat and very creamy and I can use it right out of the fridge. It doesn't get all hard and unspreadable.

I've also heard if you buy the kind of PB that has the oil on the top, that you don't have to stir that in, you can just pour it off and use it that way and it's less fat.
wish I could find that here Maggie can you check the fiber count for me
I love Peanut butter but so far I can only have Jif fat free... it is good in flavor, a bit stiff but I enjoy it a little at a time

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #18742
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
wish I could find that here Maggie can you check the fiber count for me
I love Peanut butter but so far I can only have Jif fat free... it is good in flavor, a bit stiff but I enjoy it a little at a time
I usually buy the Low Sodium one. It has 2 gr. fat and only has 2gr. Fiber. I did a store locator search for your area and there are 2 stores in Peoria that sell it - Super Target on Big Hollow Road and Haddad's W. Peoria Market at 2407 West Rohmanm Ave West Peoria IL Maybe you could check it out sometime when you go into Peoria.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #18743
Mini Quack

Quote:
I usually buy the Low Sodium one. It has 2 gr. fat and only has 2gr. Fiber. I did a store locator search for your area and there are 2 stores in Peoria that sell it - Super Target on Big Hollow Road and Haddad's W. Peoria Market at 2407 West Rohmanm Ave West Peoria IL Maybe you could check it out sometime when you go into Peoria.
thank you how sweet yes that is the Target I go too...

how big of a serving is that

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #18744
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
thank you how sweet yes that is the Target I go too...

how big of a serving is that
It's a normal 2 Tablespoon serving. Glad that it's someplace you know.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #18745
Mini Quack

Quote:

awe how wonderful those kittens would love your home I hope Maggie Mae likes them

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #18746
Mini Quack

Quote:
thanks, I hope so too. Right now our yard has a good bit of a slope to it. Unuseable for chairs & the like. The retaining wall will give us a usable area...no 'yard' back there...just water & pavers. I am thinking about putting in a small veggie garden. We have a 5' set back from the property line & the wall. Wouldn't that be a great area for tomatoes & such? Since it will be 3' high, that mean way less bending.Score on that!
sounds great ~ I have been thinking about a small area too not much just a few things Dustin loves tomatoes so a grapr tpmato plant and a nice one for slicing or chopping for tacos... maybe green pepper and green beans and I would love to grow pumpkin and watermelon for the kids

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #18747
Mini Quack

Quote:
Does anyone remember an old United ad that had pretty (sexy) flight attentants that said "Hi, I'm Debbie. Come fly me!" ? I just found out the lady who sold us our house was that Debbie!!!! So funny!
wow pretty cool Dody

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #18748
Mini Quack

Quote:
I need to go to that complex where Target is to go to Pets Mart and Shop n Save so I will run in Target too

Maybe Sunday I think I am going in to see SAFE HAVEn a N Sparks book
my niece Tanya called today and planned on coming up here Sunday , but I mentioned the movie and she was excited so her and Mama Sue and I are going maybe Krista too

yiippee

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #18749
Mini Quack

Quote:
I will compare the fiber with my Jif... but thanks again for finding out where I can get it Maggie

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #18750
Mini Quack

K and kids came over this after noon, the kids got out early... Dustin wanted to stay and watch cartoons and play on the kids laptop... Cody had a game tonight but Dustin stayed here We just had scrambled eggs,toast and bacon for supper...
I bet it will not be long till he wants a snack lol

I think I will go watch tv or read...

I am still tired, but so far my system is reacting so much better...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #18751
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

got the errands done...then I came home and worked on a 'thank you' card. Wow....it took a little while. I'll have to show you how it turned out. I was using the new honeycomb embossing folder. It looks like a quilt now.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #18752
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

well, I need to finish membership cards...probably need to print off a few more to have on hand. I've already gotten the paper work copied for the qualification flights for our rocket teams. Now to see who shows up tomorrow. It's suppose to be rather chilly in the morning....about 31* for the low! So, I'll be dressing very warmly!!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #18753
First To Quack

Quote:
I need to go to that complex where Target is to go to Pets Mart and Shop n Save so I will run in Target too

Maybe Sunday I think I am going in to see SAFE HAVEn a N Sparks book
my niece Tanya called today and planned on coming up here Sunday , but I mentioned the movie and she was excited so her and Mama Sue and I are going maybe Krista too

yiippee
sounds fun! let us know how you like it.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #18754
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
got the errands done...then I came home and worked on a 'thank you' card. Wow....it took a little while. I'll have to show you how it turned out. I was using the new honeycomb embossing folder. It looks like a quilt now.
I need to see this! I am ready to work on THAT kind of quilt!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-16-2013, 05:48 AM   #18755
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

I have a Thrive party to go to this morning with another lady from church. Thrive is the retail dealer for long term storage products. I haven't ever purchased anything from them so I look forward to seeing what they offer.

Later I have an electrician coming to give me an estimate on rewiring the house.

Somewhere in there I need to work on cards.

Soni, I'm sure you'll enjoy Safe Haven. I really would like to see that also, but if not in the theater, I'll see it on DVD or PPV on TV.

Suzy, I want to see your card too. I can envision how you did it, but would love to see the papers that you sued for it.

Dody, a little garden would be great. Have you thought about just doing them in containers?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #18756
Mini Quack

good morning so what are you all doing this weekend

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #18757
First To Quack

Morning Ladies! I hope everyone is feeling healthy today! I went upstairs to clean the bathroom & found myself working on a card or two. How I LOVE being able to keep my mess out, I love walking away & coming back to add a touch or two. It is working out well for me....and yes, the bathroom did get clean as well.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #18758
First To Quack

Bud is fixin to paint our bedroom today. Oh my!!! Wish us luck & good mojo!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #18759
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Bud is fixin to paint our bedroom today. Oh my!!! Wish us luck & good mojo!!!!
Good luck with that. Hope it turns out the way you want it.

Looks like I'll be without power tomorrow for at least 5 hours. I had the electrician come today. Good news is that the house does NOT need to be rewired, but there are some things that should be done for safety sake and to bring up to code. He's going to relocate the breaker boxes outside, redo the outlets in my bedroom and living room, install an outlet in the garage up by the garage door opener to plug it into and put the outside electrical wires in a pipe which goes up 3 feet in the air. Guess what I'm using my income tax refund for??
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #18760
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning Ladies! I hope everyone is feeling healthy today! I went upstairs to clean the bathroom & found myself working on a card or two. How I LOVE being able to keep my mess out, I love walking away & coming back to add a touch or two. It is working out well for me....and yes, the bathroom did get clean as well.
LOL! Well, at least you cleaned the bathroom.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts